PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum has 8 named to All District

YTBulldogs
11-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Congrats to the following Bulldogs named All District in football.

1st team:

Sr. Jeff Harrison, QB
Sr. Kyle Mikulik, FB
Sr. Freddy Thompson, WR
Sr. Brice Lauer, OG

2nd team:

Sr. John Patek, OLB
Sr. Taylor Nobles, Safety
Jr. Blake McCracken, RB,RS
Jr. Zain Terry, OT

Just impressive, Dogs had 21 named to the All Academic All District Team.

buff4ever
11-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Congrats to the following Bulldogs named All District in football.

1st team:

Sr. Jeff Harrison, QB
Sr. Kyle Mikulik, FB
Sr. Freddy Thompson, WR
Sr. Brice Lauer, OG

2nd team:

Sr. John Patek, OLB
Sr. Taylor Nobles, Safety
Jr. Blake McCracken, RB,RS
Jr. Zain Terry, OT

Just impressive, Dogs had 21 named to the All Academic All District Team.

How well are you guys going to be able to reload at those 6 talented senior spots leaving?

YTBulldogs
11-30-2011, 05:39 PM
How well are you guys going to be able to reload at those 6 talented senior spots leaving?

I think we will be better next year then this one. The JV QB Hermes is about a 6'1'ish, and will get taller, stronger, and can really sling it. Can make great reads as well. Loved watching him play. He just loved to play the game and will do what it takes to win. A coaches dream back there leading the Dogs.

RB wise, we will have again about 5 descent runners back there. Jacobs (soph) kid might be the best of the bunch. We'll also have a freshman (Hights kid, that QB for the undefeated freshman team) that we will have to play someplace. Kid is just a playmaker. But, he'll need to have a great offseason and get stronger for sure. WR wise, we will have a great group that can really catch it. Thompson was good, and these guys can be just as good as him.

Our OL will be better then this year's club. We will have some quick beef and depth ---that we can lineup out there. 3 returners will be back. They made good strides this year.

Defense will have to find some replacements for sure. But, what is coming up appears to be some solid talent. Kicking (the Jacobs kid) will be above average and punting wise, it will be hard to fill Harrison's shoes for sure.

Overall, I think we'll be a playoff contender and be stronger overall then this year. Pipeline looks good for the next 3 years really.

Kid's attitude and determined work already in the weight room show's they want more. They work well together and it's all business during that workout.

YTBulldogs
11-30-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm kinda most proud of this fact for Yoakum. 21 out of 38 (55%) players were named to the All Academic All District Team.

Kinda new to this (having a kid on varsity). But, isn't that a nice percentage? Or, is that the norm figure. I know our coaching staff make's grades a priority.

defense51
11-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Congratulations Yoakum!

Sportshack
11-30-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm kinda most proud of this fact for Yoakum. 21 out of 38 (55%) players were named to the All Academic All District Team.

Kinda new to this (having a kid on varsity). But, isn't that a nice percentage? Or, is that the norm figure. I know our coaching staff make's grades a priority.

Sounds pretty darn good to me!!!

Papá Oso
11-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Congratulations to the players and their family's from Yoakum. La Vernia ended up with 8 on first team (5-O & 3-D) and 6 on the second team (1-O & 5-D). QB Vince Gill was named Offensive Newcomer of the Year. The Defensive team from Gonzales really racked up quite a few well deserved awards.

All but 2 of our All District players were seniors so we will have quite a few new faces that need to step up next year to continue the success the boys achieved this year. Our JV squad was undefeated this year in district along with wins over Wimberley, Giddings, and Canyon Lake even though both of our soph QB's that started out on JV were first and second string varsity qb's by district play. I think we will be pretty good in the skill positions and I'm sure Coach Bo and his staff will get the big boys ready before August. Can't Wait!

PO

Gontex
12-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Gonzales loses three really quality players in Lock, Casares and Jurek. Had lots of sophomores and juniors that made the all-district team. Cupboard is far from bare in Gonzales. Apaches had an excellent JV team as well. Let's start getting ready for next year, YT. It's going to be one heck of a ride.

YTBulldogs
12-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Gonzales loses three really quality players in Lock, Casares and Jurek. Had lots of sophomores and juniors that made the all-district team. Cupboard is far from bare in Gonzales. Apaches had an excellent JV team as well. Let's start getting ready for next year, YT. It's going to be one heck of a ride.

I hear ya Gontex. I'm very excited for the Bulldogs next year, and the next few years after that. Getting that 2-8 nightmare of a year (2009) past appears to have inspired the kids. Some success this year gives them confidence. Nice hearing them speak about next year all ready.

Yes, them Apaches for sure will be talented. We'll be more competitive with ya'll in 2012 IMO. LV will be very talented as well. And of course, Cuero will be back to their normal self. Not sure what the realignment will have for us though. Hopefully not EC.:(