PDA

View Full Version : Post Season Awards

CatsDen
12-29-2003, 09:52 AM
I have just learned that post season awards are not necessariy based upon performance, but are dependant on the coach's nominations. The Texasprepxtra.com awards and Star-Telegram awards for example. IF you feel that you (or your child) deserves an award (All-Area, All-Region, All-State), then you better contact the head coach, because he must nominate the player. It is probably too late, but that's who is responsible for getting the players the recognition and honors they deserve.

mjbf
12-29-2003, 12:10 PM
CatsDen - Which is it? Was it you or your son that did not receive any post season awards? Also, did the coach not nominate you or your son?

Talk to me!!!

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2003, 12:21 PM
i officially nominate myself for saturday morning coach Of the year

CatsDen
12-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Good luck with that District303!

MJF, my son was not nominated for the TexasPrep All-Area award, although his statistics were far superior to the players selected. I sent an email to Matt and asked how the awards are selected and he explained that they send out nomination questionnaires to all coaches, then base the awards on those nominations. He checked and confirmed that my son was not nominated. He was nice enough to explain that my son's stats would have easily awarded him 1st Team All-Area.

kaorder1999
12-29-2003, 02:18 PM
CatsDen:
Good luck with that District303!

MJF, my son was not nominated for the TexasPrep All-Area award, although his statistics were far superior to the players selected. I sent an email to Matt and asked how the awards are selected and he explained that they send out nomination questionnaires to all coaches, then base the awards on those nominations. He checked and confirmed that my son was not nominated. He was nice enough to explain that my son's stats would have easily awarded him 1st Team All-Area.the guys over there are actually nioe guys...

CatsDen
12-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Matt was very nice! I was actually suprised to receive such a quick response. He did a gret job of explaining the process, which opened my eyes in a big way. I would definitely say Matt is a nice guy.