PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of where possible 3A DII Semi-final games might be played?

Sweetwater Red
11-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Has anybody heard anything?

I noticed that a Monahans/Argyle matchup at Shotwell would make sense geographically. I'd guess that if it's Monahans/Gilmer it would be played in the metroplex maybe? I say that because I think Owens would like to see his kids play in a big time stadium.

If Shallowater (about ten miles north of Lubbock) wins then I'd think they'd play Gilmer in Wichita Falls and I have no idea where they might play Argyle.

How about the winners of region 3 and 4?

Matthew328
11-29-2011, 07:29 PM
if WOS wins I have heard rumors of the Alamodome, Coldspring wins my guess is Waco

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2011, 07:33 PM
if WOS wins I have heard rumors of the Alamodome, Coldspring wins my guess is WacoLets Go WOS! Win!

Buckeye80
11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
We played Wylie in Birdville in 07. May be a possibility for Shallowater/ Gilmer. If it were Monahans/ Gilmer, I don't see how anywhere but Shotwell makes sense. Midland isn't fair to us, and DFW isn't fair to Monahans.
Argyle/ Shallowater in Waco maybe?? Argyle/ Monahans in Shotwell.

Old LB
11-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Would be SWEET to see a semi-final at Shotwell! I would be able to make that. Just too bad it won't be the Lions this time around, but I do wish everyone still in it good luck. Shallowater just might pull this one out, nothing against Monahans :devil:, but I got a feeling on this one.

skins4life
11-29-2011, 10:25 PM
I believe I heard from a little birdie, if Argyle wins they will play at Abilene Wylie weather it's Monahans or Shallowater. There's supposed to be a 6 man game at Shotwell on Saturday and all of the lines are to be painted on Friday. :)

Old LB
11-29-2011, 10:33 PM
I believe I heard from a little birdie, if Argyle wins they will play at Abilene Wylie weather it's Monahans or Shallowater. There's supposed to be a 6 man game at Shotwell on Saturday and all of the lines are to be painted on Friday. :)

Wylie works fine too, maybe we can get ccmom to bring the wine! You know if you set on the home side you can take an elevator ride. :)

HSFB
11-29-2011, 10:39 PM
if WOS wins I have heard rumors of the Alamodome, Coldspring wins my guess is Waco

wow...that would be a loooooooooong way for WO-S and their fans to travel so I do not believe that would be an option. Reliant Stadium or Kyle Field are the large venues that would make more sense due to evening out the travel for both teams.

Matthew328
11-29-2011, 10:59 PM
WOS has already been contacted by the Alamodome and they are receptive to coming....

HSFB
11-29-2011, 11:17 PM
WOS has already been contacted by the Alamodome and they are receptive to coming....

Well alrighty then, I like it. Wimberley and WO-S would probably prefer to play on artificial turf and Kyle Field and Reliant have natural grass. Maybe that played in to the decision.

buckeyebob
11-30-2011, 05:14 AM
Trinity Mother Franscis - Tyler (we win the toss)

Buckeye1980
11-30-2011, 05:33 AM
Why do people even try to guess? First of all , you have a game this week , you need to think about. ANd second, how many time have seen a game played in a location that made no sense at all? I remeber one year Harmony played Cooper in a playoff game in Grenville and you drove through Copper on the way to the game from Harmony, does that make sense?

slingshot
11-30-2011, 11:19 AM
I believe I heard from a little birdie, if Argyle wins they will play at Abilene Wylie weather it's Monahans or Shallowater. There's supposed to be a 6 man game at Shotwell on Saturday and all of the lines are to be painted on Friday. :)Forget Shotwell... play @ Wylie! I'd be there...

lbjacj
11-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Please not the Dome! I lived in Houston from 65-70 and 76-78. I hate driving in Houston. Besides if we get past the Gingerbread man ,we want another shot at Coldspring!!!!

DavidWooderson
11-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah.....6-Man State games will be that weekend, they always play at Shotwell.

Sportshack
11-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Please not the Dome! I lived in Houston from 65-70 and 76-78. I hate driving in Houston. Besides if we get past the Gingerbread man ,we want another shot at Coldspring!!!!

The Alamodome buddy...the Alamodome!!! I would be more than fine with that if it is WO-S.

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah.....6-Man State games will be that weekend, they always play at Shotwell.

I knew that. I just forgot it would be THAT week. :doh:

YTBulldogs
11-30-2011, 01:56 PM
I heard from a bud of mine, that works for the Alamodome. He said they are offering some sweet deals to schools, to get games in there. What they means, I have no clue other then a reduced fee to use the dome I guess.

He also said, next year in Nov/part of Dec, he don't think the dome will be rented out to anyone other then HS football. He sounded like they were upset they were not available for games this week in there.

lostaussie
11-30-2011, 02:33 PM
If Shallowater (about ten miles north of Lubbock) wins then I'd think they'd play Gilmer in Wichita Falls and I have no idea where they might play Argyle.

How about the winners of region 3 and 4?i would be all about some Wichita Falls.............could mix football and some deer hunting:D Hell we could have a PARTY at my house in Quanah:D Oh well...........gotta get there first!!

jason
11-30-2011, 03:24 PM
how about

sville/aledo vs corsicana/kilgore ?

tex_male
12-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Local news reports; Monahans/Shallowater winner VS Gilmer/Argyle winner @ Wylie High School, Abilene, Class 3A Division II Semifinal, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 9

Is this stadium even big enough? I have never been there!

ccmom
12-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Local news reports; Monahans/Shallowater winner VS Gilmer/Argyle winner @ Wylie High School, Abilene, Class 3A Division II Semifinal, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 9

Is this stadium even big enough? I have never been there!Seats 8200

Bosqueville
12-02-2011, 01:53 PM
You better darn well have the home side because the visitor's side is small.

waterboy
12-02-2011, 01:59 PM

Is this stadium even big enough? I have never been there!
Ain't there a bigger stadium in that town? If there is, I'd think it would be the one at ACU, or the one that Abilene or Cooper play. Those ARE bigger stadiums,....right?

LionFan72
12-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Ain't there a bigger stadium in that town? If there is, I'd think it would be the one at ACU, or the one that Abilene or Cooper play. Those ARE bigger stadiums,....right?
Don't worry about it, plenty of room for Argyle fans. lol. Quit looking ahead, you might get cleated in the backside!

ccmom
12-02-2011, 02:03 PM

Shotwell is the only larger stadium in town but is hosting the 6man state championship next weekend.

ccmom
12-02-2011, 02:40 PM
You better darn well have the home side because the visitor's side is small.

I wonder if anybody on here knows what the home/visitors split is? All I know is 900 seats were added to the visitors side and 1300 added (give or take on those numbers) added to home side, but I have no idea how many are on each side and the total seating is supposed to be around 8200. Anybody know how many are on each side?

Anyway, I know Monahans and Gilmer travel well, and I would think any of the 4 teams would bring a big crowd to a semi final game. I'm not saying I'm not surprised to hear that this game will be at Wylie, because I am. However, I personally think a packed house makes for a more exciting atmosphere than having lots of empty seats in a huge venue. Of course that's easy for me to say, since I won't be there fighting for a seat. :thumbsup:

waterboy
12-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Don't worry about it, plenty of room for Argyle fans. lol. Quit looking ahead, you might get cleated in the backside!
Oh, I ain't "worried" about it. I'm definitely NOT looking ahead, just checking......:).......you know, just in case.:1popcorn:

waterboy
12-02-2011, 03:01 PM
I wonder if anybody on here knows what the home/visitors split is? All I know is 900 seats were added to the visitors side and 1300 added (give or take on those numbers) added to home side, but I have no idea how many are on each side and the total seating is supposed to be around 8200. Anybody know how many are on each side?

Anyway, I know Monahans and Gilmer travel well, and I would think any of the 4 teams would bring a big crowd to a semi final game. I'm not saying I'm not surprised to hear that this game will be at Wylie, because I am. However, I personally think a packed house makes for a more exciting atmosphere than having lots of empty seats in a huge venue. Of course that's easy for me to say, since I won't be there fighting for a seat. :thumbsup:
Oh, come on, I'll bring you a bottle of Boone's Farm Tickle Pink if you'll come, and you can take me up the elevator to the pressbox!:inlove: We don't see many elevators over here in the sticks, especially at football stadiums!

ccmom
12-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh, come on, I'll bring you a bottle of Boone's Farm Tickle Pink if you'll come, and you can take me up the elevator to the pressbox!:inlove: We don't see many elevators over here in the sticks, especially at football stadiums!

Hahahaha....Tickled Pink. I haven't heard of that one in a LONG time. :ack!:

I will be in the metroplex next weekend, but if you are on the home side, I'll tell you where my reserved seats are. There's a wine fridge under the seats that would probably work for moonshine, too. :2thumbsup

rb585
12-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Kountry Kwencher >>>>>> Tickled Pink

waterboy
12-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Kountry Kwencher >>>>>> Tickled Pink
Oh.....yeah! MD-2020>>>>>>Kountry Kwencher:twitch:

They are all raunchy, but I've partaken of all of that rot-gut stuff before......

garciap77
12-02-2011, 05:03 PM

Hey, if you fly in, will send the limo and some good ole MD20/20 just for you!:D