PDA

View Full Version : Aggieland Conspiracy Theory

BaseballUmp
11-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Looks like we have a conspiracy theory brewing in College Station...

http://p.twimg.com/AfcyAWICAAESre2.jpg

SHSBulldog00
11-29-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't see anything wrong

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2320/43566966.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/43566966.jpg/)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7254/bevo1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/bevo1.jpg/)

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Seeing as he made the correct call....

coach
11-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Seeing as he made the correct call....

Wow are you serious??? You can take your orange glasses off now.

bigcountry
11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
This was suppose to be the best aggie team in 20 years, and instead of the players not getting it done on the field, let’s take the easy way out & blame it on the refs!! Typical cult mindset of "never losing, just running out of time or being cheated by t-sip refs”. Can’t believe they are STILL crying about that call...good grief, are they so messed up that they didn’t see the bad calls against UT?!! Guy in the red OU jacket must have been the one calling the phantom personal foul & roughing the passer call on UT. I am so glad it is now the SEC that has to listen to their butt hurt whining all the time.

Maroon87
11-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Looks like we have a conspiracy theory brewing in College Station...

http://p.twimg.com/AfcyAWICAAESre2.jpg

LMAO...so predictable. I think I might actually miss the Aggies after all.

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2011, 07:47 PM
sorry helmet to helmet is a foul..the guy had no reason to even do it, but like it or not that crap gets calle every week..UT has had more than one called that was just as controversial

coach
11-29-2011, 07:50 PM
This was suppose to be the best aggie team in 20 years, and instead of the players not getting it done on the field, let’s take the easy way out & blame it on the refs!! Typical cult mindset of "never losing, just running out of time or being cheated by t-sip refs”. Can’t believe they are STILL crying about that call...good grief, are they so messed up that they didn’t see the bad calls against UT?!! Guy in the red OU jacket must have been the one calling the phantom personal foul & roughing the passer call on UT. I am so glad it is now the SEC that has to listen to their butt hurt whining all the time.

I don't know why ppl say they made bad calls on the longhorns too. The game was poorly officiated all game. The roughing passer was a little weak, but they showed a veiew from the ref that made the call and it looked like he slammed the qb into the ground but from other angels it wasn't as bad. Also on a kickoff ATM was called for an pf which he barely pushed the guy out of bounds. And on case's huge run they missed a HUGE hold. Re refs didn't cost the aggies the game at all but it did change a huge part. Yes ATM should have stop the longhorns but if that call isn't made them push the longhorns back 15 yards and they aren't running the clock out to set up the field goal. Change the entire game. ATM didn't deserve to win. They didn't play good enough. With that being said I hope we see many more ATM and it games in the future.

83Indian
11-29-2011, 07:55 PM

You make the call:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/899752/2z4znte_jpg.gif

Maybe leading with your head not a good idea!

coach
11-29-2011, 08:04 PM
You make the call:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/899752/2z4znte_jpg.gif

Maybe leading with your head not a good idea!

That's weaker than case McCoys arm. But like I said it didt cost them the game

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2011, 08:05 PM
sorry helmet to helmet is a foul..the guy had no reason to even do it, but like it or not that crap gets calle every week..UT has had more than one called that was just as controversial I don't remember the ref calling it as a helmet to helmet. Thought he threw the flag for unnecessary roughness (the hit itself, rather than a helmet to helmet in the hit) but idk.

83Indian
11-29-2011, 08:10 PM
That's weaker than case McCoys arm. But like I said it didt cost them the game

The ball was already by the receiver. Why did the DB even do this? Not like it was an accident or the DB trying to dodge the receiver. It was an intentional head butt. Is this one of those the "Sky is green" arguments?

bigcountry
11-29-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't know why ppl say they made bad calls on the longhorns too. The game was poorly officiated all game. The roughing passer was a little weak, but they showed a veiew from the ref that made the call and it looked like he slammed the qb into the ground but from other angels it wasn't as bad. Also on a kickoff ATM was called for an pf which he barely pushed the guy out of bounds. And on case's huge run they missed a HUGE hold. Re refs didn't cost the aggies the game at all but it did change a huge part. Yes ATM should have stop the longhorns but if that call isn't made them push the longhorns back 15 yards and they aren't running the clock out to set up the field goal. Change the entire game. ATM didn't deserve to win. They didn't play good enough. With that being said I hope we see many more ATM and it games in the future.

Figured you would want to get the heck away from the horns with that horrid 35-76-5 record. And concerning the call, agree with the rule or not, but that helmet to helmet call was correct according to the rule. I thought he let up watching it live, but the clip shows he tilted his helmet as he went by to initiate the hit. Dumb move and penalty. He lead with the crown of his helmet to Davis' head. Here is the reference, straight from the rule book:

TARGETING/INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET:
ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and initiate contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When IN QUESTION, it is a foul.
(Rule 9-6.)

NastySlot
11-29-2011, 08:21 PM
good call/bad call..................doesn't matter if you don't GIVE up 17 in the third qtr.

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2011, 08:28 PM
weakest penalty in the history of that call.

Why did he hit the guy? Well let's see he was anticipating the guy catching the pass, and when he didn't, he let up 99% instead of completely destroying the guy. The incidental helmet to helmet contact was hardly enough to break the receivers stride much less 'target' him.

Give me a break. Just admit that was a bad call. Be technical all you want but that is not what that penalty was designed for

83Indian
11-29-2011, 08:37 PM

Why did he hit the guy? Well let's see he was anticipating the guy catching the pass, and when he didn't, he let up 99% instead of completely destroying the guy. The incidental helmet to helmet contact was hardly enough to break the receivers stride much less 'target' him.

Give me a break. Just admit that was a bad call. Be technical all you want but that is not what that penalty was designed for

LOL..I buy that he was ready for a big hit. The entire play from a wider angle shows he was gonna lay him out. I think once he saw the ball go by, he wanted the hit so bad he just kinda did the little head lunge thinking he wouldn't hit his helmet. All he had to do was a little shove like most DB's do after a play like that but he was careless. When I saw this on live TV, I thought it was bogus. But now I see the ref at least had grounds for the call. He could have let it go, but the helmet slapping back probably was the difference.

pirate4state
11-29-2011, 11:58 PM
I thought it was a pretty ticky-tacky call myself, but to say it was the sole reason you lost is pretty ticky-tacky. We can start with the turnovers, your defense taking the 3rd qtr off with the band and your inability to convert the 2 pt attempt.

oh and THERE IS HOLDING ON EVERY PLAY! :)

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2011, 12:01 AM
funny thing..watch the coach as soon as the hit happens he realizes a penalty might be called lol

FB-fanatic
11-30-2011, 12:05 AM
funny thing..watch the coach as soon as the hit happens he realizes a penalty might be called lol

Looks like to me the coach saw the ref reaching for a flag and was like "No way!"....

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Looks like to me the coach saw the ref reaching for a flag and was like "No way!"....

watch as SOON as the hit happens he is reacting, then he reacts more like you said when the flag is being thrown

BaseballUmp
11-30-2011, 12:21 AM
How about we just go back to the fact that this guy is wearing a UT hoodie. Is it really that big of a deal? Because apparently this guy should be in prison or something for doing so. Also, I can take a random picture of 6 guys and say one of them is a random football official.

regaleagle
11-30-2011, 12:53 AM
I agree totally, Baseball Ump. It's totally ridiculous to even print this kind of stuff. Shows alot about the mentality of what the fans feel like at ATM after this season of collapse. It was bad enough to collapse to Arkie, but to keep repeating it all the way to the end of the season, they must be walking in circles now that the same thing happened with TEXAS. And on national TV Prime Time, no less, while everyone knew it was their Big 12 farewell game AND at Kyle. WOW!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Seeing as the one in hoodie( if even real) is not the one who made the call makes it funnier

Buckeye1980
11-30-2011, 05:18 AM

according to the rule, there is no "incidental" contact on helmet to helmet . it is a penalty to LEAD with the crown of the helmet, and when the crown is the first to make contact then you have lead with it

Buckeye1980
11-30-2011, 05:26 AM
What the big problem is gonna be for the Aggies ( an I may be wrong, but I have been told this) is SIXTEEN consecutive losses to SEC teams dating back to 2003. ANd also 5 consecutive bowl losses to 4th place or below SEC tams by an average score of 41-20....Come Ags, are tyou really looking forward to this ? I will say I wll miss the T-giving tradition of UT-A&M but I will not miss the aggies. Heard it said once when the ags are winning their fans are like cockroaches, they come out from everywhere, but when losing they go and hide!