PDA

View Full Version : BCS Blind Poll

Emerson1
11-29-2011, 10:03 AM
http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33566427

The story explains itself.

hollywood
11-29-2011, 10:40 AM
http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33566427

The story explains itself.

Yup, OSU should be by a land slide.

playnhurt
11-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Counting chickens before they hatch? OSU has to get by the Sooners first.

franz
11-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Should be Houston. They are undefeated. They have a common opponent with OSU and Boise in that they all three played Tulsa, which Houston has the biggest point differential. Both Houston and Alabama beat North Texas about the same. Houston and Va Tech both played East Carolina. Houston won by 53 and va Tech won by 7. OSU is very good team, but they slipped up one weekend and Houston hasn't.

Emerson1
11-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Should be Houston. They are undefeated. They have a common opponent with OSU and Boise in that they all three played Tulsa, which Houston has the biggest point differential. Both Houston and Alabama beat North Texas about the same. Houston and Va Tech both played East Carolina. Houston won by 53 and va Tech won by 7. OSU is very good team, but they slipped up one weekend and Houston hasn't.
I'd rather see Houston over VTech.

Houston hasn't slipped up because they haven't played anyone worth mentioning. Oklahoma State had to play Tulsa at 1 in the morning. Hardly a fair comparison.

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I'd like to see how bad Houston would get smashed.

Then again, I'd love to see the world get turned upside down if Houston won.

Either way, they should get a big time bowl game and I'll be very interested to see how that turns out

hollywood
11-29-2011, 11:49 AM

lol :smoker:

playnhurt
11-29-2011, 12:12 PM
I like the Houston Cougars but they aren't ready for the top SEC or Big 12 schools!

It'd be like the Sugar Bowl several years ago when undefeated Hawaii played Georgia (I think). What a boring game!

the genious
11-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Team B is Bama lol

Emerson1
11-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Team B is Bama lol
Team B is Oklahoma State lol

carter08
11-29-2011, 01:40 PM
UH isn't ready for top schools?

Keenum's junior year, he went on the road and beat Oklahoma State, and led a comeback against Texas Tech, both teams that finished in the top 25. I'd love to see Keenum get another chance to play OSU this year.

the genious
11-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Team B is Oklahoma State lol

No way that OSU has played 5 top 20 schools

coach
11-29-2011, 02:12 PM
No way that OSU has played 5 top 20 schools

baylor, atm, ou, texas, k state

coach
11-29-2011, 02:12 PM
bama > Lsu

jason
11-29-2011, 02:15 PM
alabama had their shot at lsu...need to let somebody else have a turn...

if lsu somehow manages to lose in the sec championship game, do they drop out of the top two ?

coach
11-29-2011, 03:00 PM
alabama had their shot at lsu...need to let somebody else have a turn...

if lsu somehow manages to lose in the sec championship game, do they drop out of the top two ?

this system calls for the two best teams regardless if its a rematch or not. and no, if lsu loses they will still be in the top 2 simply because osu's loss was to iowa st.

bama will beat lsu for the natl. championship.

NTFan
11-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Im tired of hearing College Presidents defend not having a playoff......

Basketball- From Little Dribblers, HS, College, NBA- everyone crowns a champion with a tournament
Baseball- From Little League, HS, College, MLB- everyone crowns a champion with a tournament
Soccer- From Youth Soccer, HS, College, MLS- everyone crowns a champion with a tournament
Volleyball- From Youth Leagues, HS, College, and Pro Beach VB- everyone crowns a champion with a tournament
Football- From Youth Leagues, HS, NFL- everyone crowns a champion with a tournament

EXCEPT FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! WE LET COACHES AND SPORTS WRITERS DECIDE WHO GETS TO PLAY FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
And in Alabama's case, we give them a bye to the championship game! At the least, there needs to be a rule in the BCS that states, "If your conference has a championship game, and you do not participate in it, you are ineligible to be selected for the National Championship"

coach
11-29-2011, 03:21 PM

Basketball- From Little Dribblers, HS, College, NBA- everyone crowns a champion with a tournament
Baseball- From Little League, HS, College, MLB- everyone crowns a champion with a tournament
Soccer- From Youth Soccer, HS, College, MLS- everyone crowns a champion with a tournament
Volleyball- From Youth Leagues, HS, College, and Pro Beach VB- everyone crowns a champion with a tournament
Football- From Youth Leagues, HS, NFL- everyone crowns a champion with a tournament

EXCEPT FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! WE LET COACHES AND SPORTS WRITERS DECIDE WHO GETS TO PLAY FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
And in Alabama's case, we give them a bye to the championship game! At the least, there needs to be a rule in the BCS that states, "If your conference has a championship game, and you do not participate in it, you are ineligible to be selected for the National Championship"

what if houston, lsu, stanford, and osu all lose their conference game? would you then be ok with bama getting in?

Phil C
11-29-2011, 03:24 PM

Very good NTFan but you need to clarify that even College Football (the smaller divisions) have a playoff system. Only Division 1 does not have a playoff system which is what we need. They don't have the vision that the top teams can have a playoff while the bowls could get the other teams. And this would work because I remember a 6- 6 Notre Dame team got to play in the Hawaii Bowl.

Phil C
11-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Division 1 Football is slow to change. Yes I think someday it will work out a playoff system as it should but I don't think it will be in my lifetime and unfortunately it probably won't be in some of you younger ones' lifetime either. :(

defense51
11-29-2011, 05:14 PM
The BCS is a big steaming pile!!!

the genious
11-29-2011, 05:28 PM
baylor, atm, ou, texas, k state

Haha ATM!!!!! And they haven't played OU yet!

forum_guy
11-29-2011, 08:42 PM
I have said it before and i will say it again. LSU and BAMA are HEAD AND SHOULDERS above any other team in the country. If there is not a rematch both teams will win their bowl games easily by 17+

the genious
11-29-2011, 09:49 PM
I have said it before and i will say it again. LSU and BAMA are HEAD AND SHOULDERS above any other team in the country. If there is not a rematch both teams will win their bowl games easily by 17+

Completely agree! No team is near as physical or talented as these 2 powerhouses! If they don't play eachother 2 teams are going to get embarrassed

Emerson1
11-29-2011, 11:23 PM
this system calls for the two best teams regardless if its a rematch or not. and no, if lsu loses they will still be in the top 2 simply because osu's loss was to iowa st.

bama will beat lsu for the natl. championship.
"National Championship"

The whole "every game counts" argument that BCS tools like to use goes completely out the window. Which I guess isn't a bad thing.

Buckeye1980
11-30-2011, 05:45 AM
Call me od fashioned, but I believe if a team does not win its conference, they should not play fro the national championship, and if a team does not play in conference championship, the DEFINATLY should not be in national championship game.

That being said , suppose Georgia upsets LSU, and they fall to #3 and OSU goes to #2. OSU play an Alabama team that was not good enough to play in it's own league championship game? I do not believe it would happen but I would for it to happen to to make BSC look like what it is...CRAP!

Buckeye1980
11-30-2011, 05:46 AM
if you click on the link , it tells you team B is OSU

NTFan
11-30-2011, 08:27 AM

OK.....I don't disagree that Alabama and LSU may very well be the best two teams in the nation. But do you think that even if two district teams(high school) meet in the quarterfinals(say Gilmer and Carthage hypothetically), the loser deserves to play that team again for the state championship 3 weeks later if AP voters decided those were the best two teams in the state? It's bad luck when two or three elite teams end up in the same district, or conference. But, if you want to claim to be the best, then win the game. Alabama had their shot. Someone else deserves that same shot. A playoff is the only accurate way to decide a champion.

NTFan
11-30-2011, 08:34 AM
what if houston, lsu, stanford, and osu all lose their conference game? would you then be ok with bama getting in?

I just think that if your conference has a championship game, and you aren't good enough to make it to that game, you should be disqualified from the National Championship. See my above post. The loser of the Ala/LSU game seems to have the EASIER path to the National Championship. Lose the head's up match up in the regular season, and you don't have to risk losing the conference championship game? Not good for college football. Seems like Texas lost this argument a couple years ago when Tech beat them on Crabtree's TD catch and tightrope down the sideline. They may very well have been in the top two in the nation, but voters basically said since they didn't play in the Big 12 championship(OU did) they couldn't vote them into the BCS championship. That's fine. Now, when an SEC team does it, all the conf games this weekend mean nothing? LSU loses, they still go? really? You can lose a game in December and still make National Championship? doesn't make sense.

NTFan
11-30-2011, 08:35 AM
But I will say this......I root for chaos in the BCS every year. I figure if enough chaos occurs, we will slowly edge towards having a Division I college football playoff.

Emerson1
11-30-2011, 09:30 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/oklahomastate/blog/cowboys/post/Iowa-State-a-terrible-loss-?urn=college-wp106