PDA

View Full Version : Another wussification of America moment

Emerson1
11-28-2011, 09:10 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/100-2-middle-school-hoops-blowout-may-have-reper?urn=highschool-wp9112

smh

defense51
11-28-2011, 09:20 PM
They dropped the press, pulled the starters, and stopped playing defense. What else could they have done? Maybe score for the other team? Sounds like they are considering cancelling the wrong teams' season...

TheDOCTORdre
11-28-2011, 09:38 PM
ridiculous

Buckeye80
11-28-2011, 10:18 PM
This argument always seems to fall on deaf ears.

IF YOUR DEFENSE (IN ANY SPORT) CANNOT STOP THE OPPOSING TEAM'S OFFENSE, AND YOU GET COMPLETELY EMBARRASSED, PLAY BETTER!!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT YOU CAN'T STOP THEM!!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T PLAY THEM AGAIN!!!

poisoned10
11-29-2011, 04:23 AM
They are real serious about their basketball here in Kentucky.

OldNavy
11-29-2011, 08:17 AM
There is a trend in America today to hate on those achieving high levels of success. We should be celebrating this team and its accomplishments, especialy since it pulled its starters after 2 minutes into the game. They could have really embarassed them by scoring 200 points if that had been their goal. However, what the PC folks want is for equal outcomes. Everybody wins! It is not reality. This same PC crowd that doesn't believe in God and claims Darwin is right then turns on Darwin, because the surfival of the fitest is "Not Fair" to those poor un-fit (enter name: darter fish, owls, basketball teams, students, green businesses). I am afraid we are doomed to mediocraty. No more reaching for the stars, becoming the best you can be, because if you can be great, will it must be at the expense of the not great and therefor, wrong! Success is now the villain, something to be ashamed of. I hope I am mistaken. :confused:

OLE'BULL
11-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Wow, what a great team. The hard work that all that team puts in deserves to be showcased, not cancelled. The coach obviously knew it got out of hand early and made the right move by benching his starters, telling them not to play defense, etc. If anyones season should be cancelled, it should be the other team that could only put up 2 pts. Or at least put them in a league that they could compete in. The title of this thread says it all. I have taken beatings (though not quite that bad), and given them as well (also not quite that bad). I never once let it affect how I reported to practice the next day/week. Competition is good for humans at any age. In the workplace, every day should be a competition, even if its with yourself. Cancelling this teams season will ONLY hurt the kids. "We are going to punish you for being TOO good." C'mon man. If I was the coach of that team, I would fight this until the end. And as a last resort, the coach should step up and say "hey, I will sit out the rest of the season, but let them play". There has got to be a better way of handling this. Ok, rants over, I dont even like basketball?!?!!

pirate4state
11-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Wow, what a great team. The hard work that all that team puts in deserves to be showcased, not cancelled. The coach obviously knew it got out of hand early and made the right move by benching his starters, telling them not to play defense, etc. If anyones season should be cancelled, it should be the other team that could only put up 2 pts. Or at least put them in a league that they could compete in. The title of this thread says it all. I have taken beatings (though not quite that bad), and given them as well (also not quite that bad). I never once let it affect how I reported to practice the next day/week. Competition is good for humans at any age. In the workplace, every day should be a competition, even if its with yourself. Cancelling this teams season will ONLY hurt the kids. "We are going to punish you for being TOO good." C'mon man. If I was the coach of that team, I would fight this until the end. And as a last resort, the coach should step up and say "hey, I will sit out the rest of the season, but let them play". There has got to be a better way of handling this. Ok, rants over, I dont even like basketball?!?!! +1 --- I am not a fan of basketball, but neither am I fan of the "lets give everyone a ribbon" mentality. This is not the special olympics.