PDA

View Full Version : boo the Dallas Cowboys

Old Tiger
11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cowboys-cheerleader-knocked-over-by-Witten-force?urn=nfl-wp12519

Farmersfan
11-28-2011, 08:59 AM
It seems to me that a twitter account is a personal decision. Although the Cowboys might have grounds to ask her to not post anything derogatory about the organization I think that is where their authority ends. If I were her I would continue with the Twits until they release (or fire) her and then sue for like a million dollars..... It's easier said than done but at some point someone has to make the point that they don't own their cheerleaders or players!

Matthew328
11-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Texas is at will employment....they can let her go without cause.....if my employer told me to take down my twitter I'd do it too

3afan
11-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Cowboys didn't force cheerleader to cancel Twitter account

John F. Rhodes/Special Contributor

JON MACHOTA, Special Contributor

Published: 28 November 2011 12:07 PM

Don’t blame the Cowboys for pulling a Twitter account.

According to the team’s public relations director Rich Dalrymple, the organization was not responsible for a cheerleader recently deleting her Twitter account after receiving national attention for being knocked down during the Cowboys game last Thursday.

"The Cowboys have never gotten involved with individual Twitter accounts or suspended one," Dalrymple told Dallas’ FOX 4 News.

Dalrymple added that Melissa Kellerman deleted the account herself after being "overwhelmed by the number of responses."

Cowboys tight end Jason Witten knocked Kellerman into the spotlight when he ran into her during the Thanksgiving Day game against the Dolphins in Cowboys Stadium. To review the incident, check out the video here.

CNBC's Darren Rovell reported that the Cowboys forced the cheerleader to delete her account.

"Shame on the Cowboys for pulling cheerleader @MelissaRae off Twitter. Not allowing these girls to capitalize is criminal," Rovell tweeted last Friday.

He added: "If Cowboys don't trust the cheerleaders to speak for themselves, why do they even interview them for the squad?"

Rovell tweeted Monday that Kellerman's account is back up and running.