11-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Who ya got?

Well, are both teams healthy?

BaseballUmp
11-27-2011, 01:16 AM
I'm taking WO-S. Offense has been on fire lately and CS hasn't been the same

buckeyebob
11-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Pulling for WO-S...would like to see them in a couple of weeks...always enjoyed playing the Golden Triangle Guys

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Pulling for WO-S...would like to see them in a couple of weeks...always enjoyed playing the Golden Triangle Guys

Hard one to get a handle on...WO-S has tradition and Coldspring has a nasty, nasty defense. Probably go with Coldspring defense but will think about it awhile.

HEMOTOXIC
11-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Coldspring's old nemesis returns.

HSFB
11-27-2011, 01:49 PM
are both teams healthy? That makes a big difference at the 3A level so just wondering before I make a prediction. Anyone know?

griff
11-27-2011, 04:15 PM
WO-S had one starter out against Bullard. He is a probably our best overall player (DeCarlos Renfro). He will be back this week. We're 100%.

WOS92
11-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Coldspring's old nemesis returns.

This is news to me. I know we blew them out twice a few seasons back and they returned the favor more recently, but we don't really have a long-standing rivalry. I don't think either team probably thought twice about one another until a week or two ago.

HEMOTOXIC
11-27-2011, 06:38 PM
This is news to me. I know we blew them out twice a few seasons back and they returned the favor more recently, but we don't really have a long-standing rivalry. I don't think either team probably thought twice about one another until a week or two ago.

That was a quote from a good friend from Coldspring. The times that Coldspring and WO-S played (I believe that you guys met 3 straight years in the playoffs) she would get so nervous because she didn't think that Coldspring would win until the year that they finally beat WOS.

HSFB
11-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Gilbert is a very good team but I'll take the chain-gang by 14 in this one. If the Stangs get up by 10pts or so then it will be interesting to see if Gilbert has a catchup O. The Mustang O has been on a tear recently so this could very well happen.

WO-S 28
Gilbert 14

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Gilbert is a very good team but I'll take the chain-gang by 14 in this one. If the Stangs get up by 10pts or so then it will be interesting to see if Gilbert has a catchup O. The Mustang O has been on a tear recently so this could very well happen.

WO-S 28
Gilbert 14

I guess you mean Coldspring when you say Gilbert. Or are you saying that he is Coldspring's offense...clever.

HSFB
11-27-2011, 08:31 PM
I guess you mean Coldspring when you say Gilbert. Or are you saying that he is Coldspring's offense...clever.

yup, they are living off of one of those type of athletes that make a big difference at the 3A level...in my opinion.

ogg
11-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Coldspring's D is too good. They'll win by 21 pts.

Tejastrue
11-27-2011, 10:42 PM

For myself I will say... they will win...whether it be by 1 or 21...does it really matter?:wave:

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 10:55 PM
For myself I will say... they will win...whether it be by 1 or 21...does it really matter?:wave:

Seems like offense hasn't exactly been Coldspring"s "forte" in these playoffs. 21 may be asking a lot.

Tejastrue
11-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Seems like offense hasn't exactly been Coldspring"s "forte" in these playoffs. 21 may be asking a lot.

Yes, I agree...which gives me hope..should our teams be fortunate enough to play again this year...

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Yes, I agree...which gives me hope..should our teams be fortunate enough to play again this year...

And your's and mine even further down the road! ;)

HSFB
11-27-2011, 11:27 PM

WO-S 28
Gilbert 14

So my thought process for this score is that WO-S jumps on them early thus taking them out of their comfort zone of playing downhill. If this happens, then WO-S will probably get a late score or two due to Gilberts desperation attempt to come back. Just a swag.....and I'm trying to fish out trojandad. :)

Matthew328
11-27-2011, 11:46 PM
First one to 14 wins

Manso/V8
11-28-2011, 12:10 AM
yup, they are living off of one of those type of athletes that make a big difference at the 3A level...in my opinion.

I am going to have to disagree with you. They have more athletes than Sherman Gilbert. Gilbert is a gifted and pretty fast......can't say for sure if he is the fastest kid we saw all year, maybe not even the fastest kid on CS, but his is an athletic impact player. He puts out a lot of effort. Colton Monroe was the biggest factor on the ground against Bellville with 20 rushes/123 yds, that kid runs hard and looks like he could play for WHS. Gilbert had 11 carries for 62 yds on the ground against us, but added 83 yds receiving on 4 catches. Monroe had 2 catches for 28 yds. None of their backs broke any long runs against our D, but then I don't think anyone busted a long run against us this year other than Seals-Jones for a 34 yd TD run. Gilbert and Monroe came up with some timely receptions. Their QB is athletic and has a decent arm.....if you give him any time one of their speed high flying receivers are going to find an opening. He is also pretty cool under pressure and always minimized damage from broken plays, bad snaps, etc. The problem I saw with the CS offense was the mountain of mistakes, like bad snaps, fumbles, a lot of untimely penalties, and the like. They play with a high level of intensity and I don't think they had been really challenged before the Bellville game, and the combination caused a lot of those mistakes.

The CS defense is very impressive and plays at a whole 'nother speed........like an overwhelming speed bull rush. They play fast and with great intensity. It's like a different game. Gilbert has an impact on defense as well, but you can reel off a role call of impact players, I doubt if anybody has blocked their MLB all year. Throughout the year, when our backs (they are pretty fast, like most good Region III backs) got the edge or slipped past the linebackers, we had been seeing long TD runs. Not the case against CS, the few times it looked like we were going to break one, there were two or three CS defenders that caught them from behind.

I don't know enough about WOS to make a prediction, but it doesn't seem that CS has scored much against teams with good defenses.....so assuming WOS has a good defense, I think the game will be closer than 21 points. WOS may have the athletes and be the team that puts more points on the board against CS than others.....especially if they are hitting their stride and have a strong passing game to complement the run. It took us a series or two to adjust to the new level of speed, but we made the adjustment and put up 14. We fell short in the passing game, both offensively and defensively.

regaleagle
11-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Good summary, Manso. I was going to go with Stark.... and I still am. Just think they can score.

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2011, 07:26 AM
CS wins 4-2

griff
11-28-2011, 07:31 AM
No way Coldspring beats WO-S by 21. The game will be close. There is plenty of talk here about Coldspring's defense, and it is deserved. The WO-S defense is excellent, 100% healthy, matches up well speed-wise, and is overall the best defense Coldspring has seen all year. Combine that with Coldspring's struggles to put points on the board and you have the formula for a low scoring game.

catfish
11-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Coldspring,Better coaching and discipline.

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Wos.

Matches cs in speed (finally) and can score.

Been waiting for someone to score more than 14 on cs D all year. Think the mustangs finally do it.

buff4ever
11-28-2011, 10:32 AM
I like WOS in this one. keep it rolling WOS.

pirate4state
11-28-2011, 10:34 AM

Are you saying the D will score those points, because I don't think their offense has come close to that here recently!

Pulling for the 'Stangs. Would love to see a WO-S/Wimberley match-up!

ogg
11-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Are you saying the D will score those points, because I don't think their offense has come close to that here recently!

Pulling for the 'Stangs. Would love to see a WO-S/Wimberley match-up!

Thanks, I forgot about the Trojan D scoring, make that 28 pts. LOL

I too would love to see a Wimberley matchup at that level, either WO or Coldspring.

Bambam
11-28-2011, 11:46 AM
No way Coldspring beats WO-S by 21. The game will be close. There is plenty of talk here about Coldspring's defense, and it is deserved. The WO-S defense is excellent, 100% healthy, matches up well speed-wise, and is overall the best defense Coldspring has seen all year. Combine that with Coldspring's struggles to put points on the board and you have the formula for a low scoring game.

WOS does NOT match up well speed wise on offense. I dont care how healthy they are. CS flies to the football and just freaking play gr8 team defense. Defense WINS championships. All CS offense has to do is score once or twice, game over!!!!!!
Agreed low scoring game!

Sportshack
11-28-2011, 12:51 PM
The question seems to be can WO-S pass the ball really well? Are they an efficient, consistent passing team? From what I saw last year, that is what it takes to move ball. And I hear that defense is even better this year. I have not seen them however. Hard to imagine putting up too many points behind strictly a running game. That said, if WO-S can play tough in trenches on defense...it could get interesting as it already has been not once but twice. CS has made believers out of the Stangs!!!

GUNHO
11-28-2011, 01:31 PM
The question seems to be can WO-S pass the ball really well? Are they an efficient, consistent passing team? From what I saw last year, that is what it takes to move ball. And I hear that defense is even better this year. I have not seen them however. Hard to imagine putting up too many points behind strictly a running game. That said, if WO-S can play tough in trenches on defense...it could get interesting as it already has been not once but twice. CS has made believers out of the Stangs!!!

The answer is yes to all your questions.WO-S is a well balanced team on offense and they have a great defense.They do however seem to give up that early score before settling down.The question is can we(wo-s) penetrate that Coldspring defense which no one has been able to do with any success.This looks to be a low scoring game if one of the teams don't have a melt down.

Manso/V8
11-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Looking at the boxscores of Coldspring and WOS common opponents and games against teams I am familiar with, I think CS will pretty well shut down WOS and manage to score on offense and with a punt/kick return or two. Both teams seem to have a fairly weak kicking game, so at least a couple of extra points will be missed in the game.

I am gonna go with Coldspring 20, WOS 6.

WOS92
11-29-2011, 07:49 AM
WOS does NOT match up well speed wise on offense. I dont care how healthy they are. CS flies to the football and just freaking play gr8 team defense. Defense WINS championships. All CS offense has to do is score once or twice, game over!!!!!!
Agreed low scoring game!

They won the state track championship last year. They'll be fine speedwise.

WOS92
11-29-2011, 07:50 AM

The Mustangs won 51-14 in 2007 and won again 36-8 in 2008 while the Trojans captured a 41-36 victory in 2009. It's really only been "interesting" once, with CS pulling out a five-point win in 09.

GUNHO
11-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Looking at the boxscores of Coldspring and WOS common opponents and games against teams I am familiar with, I think CS will pretty well shut down WOS and manage to score on offense and with a punt/kick return or two. Both teams seem to have a fairly weak kicking game, so at least a couple of extra points will be missed in the game.

I am gonna go with Coldspring 20, WOS 6.

WO-S kicking game is not weak,it's one of our strengths.Yes we have missed an extra point from time to time but we make the majority of them.We have about 8 fieldgoals this year and most kickoffs go into the endzone.Our punter gets the job done as well.I do agree with you about Coldsprings defense.It is stout no doubt but I think we can find a way to the endzone more than once.I also agree 20 points should be enough to win.Can Coldspring get there...they have not scored more than, I think 14 in any of their three playoff games(regulation).WO-S has as good or better defense as those three.That's what makes this game so good...so many ways to look at it.Could go either way.

OLE'BULL
11-29-2011, 08:47 AM
I gotta take Coldspring, only to make the Brahmas look better. Coldspring is FAST. Bellville was fast, and they were faster. Can they be beat? Definately. We drove the ball on their D, just couldnt put it away in the redzone. They returned a punt for a TD, dont be surprised if the do it again against WOS. Key will be wearing down number 1, which will be a mighty task. He is a workhouse and is fun to watch compete. Coldspring wins 14-10

rancher
11-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Coldsprings in not a discipline ball club. They make a lot of drive killing STUPID MISTAKES, however, they have that speed that can change the game on any play. They have played a very weak schedule until the playoffs. Their defense is solid and fast, they will shut down everyone with their speed. The big factor in the two games I watched, LADY LUCK IN ON THEIR SIDE, the ball has bounced their way even with the stupid mistakes they make. You have to have this to make the BIG SHOW, they will beat WOS by 14.

WOS1
11-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Agreed low scoring game!

I have to "LOL" everytime I see someone say this. I can promise that there is not a team in this state that WOS cannot matchup with speed wise. I often get annoyed when our fans start throwing our track titles out there, because this is football, not track, but that is proof that we have speed, and trust me, we have it all over the field. BOTH teams have it. This game will be won or lost on individual matchups and by the team that wins the war in the trenches. It will not be won because one or the other is not able to run...

OLE'BULL
11-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Coldsprings in not a discipline ball club. They make a lot of drive killing STUPID MISTAKES, however, they have that speed that can change the game on any play. They have played a very weak schedule until the playoffs. Their defense is solid and fast, they will shut down everyone with their speed. The big factor in the two games I watched, LADY LUCK IN ON THEIR SIDE, the ball has bounced their way even with the stupid mistakes they make. You have to have this to make the BIG SHOW, they will beat WOS by 14.

+1. They had 11 or 12 penalties against Bellville. A few personal fouls, other stupid penalties, etc. That is what kept the Bulls in the game. If WOS can capitalize on those opportunities, they could win. Should be a good one either way...

WOS1
11-29-2011, 10:30 AM
+1. They had 11 or 12 penalties against Bellville. A few personal fouls, other stupid penalties, etc. That is what kept the Bulls in the game. If WOS can capitalize on those opportunities, they could win. Should be a good one either way...

We have to worry about that ourselves, minus the personal fouls, but we did have 15 penalties and 5 turnovers against Bullard. That's not gonna get it done against CS.

Manso/V8
11-29-2011, 10:49 AM
WO-S kicking game is not weak,it's one of our strengths.Yes we have missed an extra point from time to time but we make the majority of them.We have about 8 fieldgoals this year and most kickoffs go into the endzone.Our punter gets the job done as well.I do agree with you about Coldsprings defense.It is stout no doubt but I think we can find a way to the endzone more than once.I also agree 20 points should be enough to win.Can Coldspring get there...they have not scored more than, I think 14 in any of their three playoff games(regulation).WO-S has as good or better defense as those three.That's what makes this game so good...so many ways to look at it.Could go either way.

My WOS kicking game comment was based solely on the missed xpt attempts in the boxscores.......didn't look at the punts. If yall can boot the kickoffs for a touchback, that works in your favor since the CS returners are dangerous. Eight field goals is pretty good for hs.....were more of those early in season or later in the season? One of the WOS posters mentioned that yall have moved the ball well all year but scored less than you should have in some games....we were talking about the Giddings game, but that that problem has been corrected for the most part. Based on what I saw in the game against Bellville, CS has a relatively weak kicking game. Their kickoff man kicks straight on and usually squibs the ball to the second row, and he missed the first of two xpt attempts and the one he made didn't look smooth. They tried a FG with a different player who kicked soccer style, and he hit the right goal post........I don't remember the distance but it was a fairly long attempt and was a line drive. Their punter was good. Punt coverage for both teams will be critical since both teams since yall both have the speed to take it to house. We were up 7-6 when CS returned a good punt by our backup punter for a TD......we had three guys around the returner against the sideline and the returner even lowered his body like he was getting ready to be tackled and somehow slipped out. Bad play on our part, great play on the part of the returner. That was the only punt that was returned for a TD against Bellville all year. I'm sure WOS has a good defense as well. Bellville had a fast, swarming defense this year and allowed only 81 points in the regular season......we were more vulnerable to the pass. WOS probably has more elite speed, so you may match up well with CS. It will be a good one I'm sure.....even though we lost, I would have to say it was one of the most best/most exciting hs football games I had ever watched, and several football folks with no dog in the fight said the same thing......even or maybe because of the number of mistakes and fumbles. I agree the game could go either way.....my prediction is/was based on a hunch, but I put it out there so I will stick by it.

I look forward to the analysis from the WOS posters since CS isn't too active on this board. Best of luck to both teams and let's pray that everyone gets through the game without injury. It will be interesting!

GUNHO
11-29-2011, 01:44 PM
My WOS kicking game comment was based solely on the missed xpt attempts in the boxscores.......didn't look at the punts. If yall can boot the kickoffs for a touchback, that works in your favor since the CS returners are dangerous. Eight field goals is pretty good for hs.....were more of those early in season or later in the season? One of the WOS posters mentioned that yall have moved the ball well all year but scored less than you should have in some games....we were talking about the Giddings game, but that that problem has been corrected for the most part. Based on what I saw in the game against Bellville, CS has a relatively weak kicking game. Their kickoff man kicks straight on and usually squibs the ball to the second row, and he missed the first of two xpt attempts and the one he made didn't look smooth. They tried a FG with a different player who kicked soccer style, and he hit the right goal post........I don't remember the distance but it was a fairly long attempt and was a line drive. Their punter was good. Punt coverage for both teams will be critical since both teams since yall both have the speed to take it to house. We were up 7-6 when CS returned a good punt by our backup punter for a TD......we had three guys around the returner against the sideline and the returner even lowered his body like he was getting ready to be tackled and somehow slipped out. Bad play on our part, great play on the part of the returner. That was the only punt that was returned for a TD against Bellville all year. I'm sure WOS has a good defense as well. Bellville had a fast, swarming defense this year and allowed only 81 points in the regular season......we were more vulnerable to the pass. WOS probably has more elite speed, so you may match up well with CS. It will be a good one I'm sure.....even though we lost, I would have to say it was one of the most best/most exciting hs football games I had ever watched, and several football folks with no dog in the fight said the same thing......even or maybe because of the number of mistakes and fumbles. I agree the game could go either way.....my prediction is/was based on a hunch, but I put it out there so I will stick by it.

I look forward to the analysis from the WOS posters since CS isn't too active on this board. Best of luck to both teams and let's pray that everyone gets through the game without injury. It will be interesting!

Our field goal kicker has kicked them all season.He has missed about two I think.The missed extra points are a result of bad snaps for the most part.He is a straight away kicker.As for not scoring in the red zone early on was due to motion penelties and such and getting backed up along with not so good play calling.At the start of the season the coach wanted to grind it out from the eye formation but after a few games he tossed that and went back to our streagth the spread.We have been improving ever sense.We don't put the ball on the ground much but last week we had 5 or 6 turnovers and a lot of penelties and still scored 45.Our defense has a lot of speed and swarms to the ball.If BC could hold them to 7,whichBTW, I think our defense is just a little better than BC's,we should be able to do the same.We are very unpredictable on offense.We can run and pass and keep the defense guessing.Hopefully they will guess wrong enough times for us to score.It will take a great effort for us to defeat this Coldspring team no doubt about that.

mike_angler
11-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm taking the easy way out on this game for now and saying that a final score of 14-13 sounds about right. I'll say who a little later this week.

buff4ever
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
I have to "LOL" everytime I see someone say this. I can promise that there is not a team in this state that WOS cannot matchup with speed wise. I often get annoyed when our fans start throwing our track titles out there, because this is football, not track, but that is proof that we have speed, and trust me, we have it all over the field. BOTH teams have it. This game will be won or lost on individual matchups and by the team that wins the war in the trenches. It will not be won because one or the other is not able to run...

Amen to that.

griff
11-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Our field goal kicker has kicked them all season.He has missed about two I think.The missed extra points are a result of bad snaps for the most part.He is a straight away kicker.As for not scoring in the red zone early on was due to motion penelties and such and getting backed up along with not so good play calling.At the start of the season the coach wanted to grind it out from the eye formation but after a few games he tossed that and went back to our streagth the spread.We have been improving ever sense.We don't put the ball on the ground much but last week we had 5 or 6 turnovers and a lot of penelties and still scored 45.Our defense has a lot of speed and swarms to the ball.If BC could hold them to 7,whichBTW, I think our defense is just a little better than BC's,we should be able to do the same.We are very unpredictable on offense.We can run and pass and keep the defense guessing.Hopefully they will guess wrong enough times for us to score.It will take a great effort for us to defeat this Coldspring team no doubt about that.

Gun, I gotta disgree with you on one point here. WO-S does not run the spread. You're right that we are not trying to "grind it out in the I formation". We are running a combination of the pistol, shotgun/I-formation (not power-I), and occassionally the spread. What we ran under Toby Foreman and Randy Crouch was the spread, but we are more of a hybrid run-formation and spread. Not strictly spread. The other noticable difference worth pointing out is that we're more geared to a run-blocking scheme than the pass-protection set you see in the spread. All in all, I like it that we have become diverse and unpredictable on offense. I learned that one of the coaches from a district opponent said the week before our game with them..."We don't know what to plan for. WO-S runs something different from game to game."

GS#17
11-29-2011, 08:57 PM
WOS will be at least one of the best opponents CS has played in the playoffs, but CS will undoubtedly be the best team WOS has seen in the playoffs, if not all year long. WOS has looked very good in three playoff games; the CS defense has lived up to its reputation, but their offense, for whatever reason, hasn't looked as dominant as people expected them to be. I imagine this game will bring out the best both teams can offer, and I also think both teams will match up well against each other. Whoever wins will have earned a good victory over a quality team.

j_dog
11-29-2011, 09:09 PM
It seems CS has become a mirror image of what WOS used to be. Great defense, and just enough offense to win a ton of games. No matter what a team did, WOS generally found a way to win. From what I have heard there is no reason to think much has changed. Good luck to both teams.

GUNHO
11-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Gun, I gotta disgree with you on one point here. WO-S does not run the spread. You're right that we are not trying to "grind it out in the I formation". We are running a combination of the pistol, shotgun/I-formation (not power-I), and occassionally the spread. What we ran under Toby Foreman and Randy Crouch was the spread, but we are more of a hybrid run-formation and spread. Not strictly spread. The other noticable difference worth pointing out is that we're more geared to a run-blocking scheme than the pass-protection set you see in the spread. All in all, I like it that we have become diverse and unpredictable on offense. I learned that one of the coaches from a district opponent said the week before our game with them..."We don't know what to plan for. WO-S runs something different from game to game."

Your right griff.I just said spread because I don't know the defference between the pistol and spread.Gas explained it to me one time but it all looks the same to me lol.Bottom line is Coldspring will have a lot of different looks to defend which you have to do with a defense like Coldspring.

buff4ever
11-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Have I mentioned that I think WOS has this one in the bag already?

GUNHO
12-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Have I mentioned that I think WOS has this one in the bag already?

Bless your little herat buff.If your talking about the POLL I agree.Now the actual GAME not so sure.:1popcorn:

BuckeyeNut
12-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Would like to play WO-S so i am going with them :)

The Bull #40
12-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm excited to say I'll be making the trip to Humble for this one. After watching miserably as Coldspring beat the Brahmas in Ot, I missed their game last week due to family gatherings and am ready to watch the matchup against WOS who I've never seen play. It seems to me though that WOS has loads of talent every year, but after watching CS they have talent as well. All this talk about speed on both sidelines makes me wonder why nobody thinks the offenses will put up points, CS's defense was stout but I don't think they've played their best ball yet.. I have no opinion for the WOS team but will form one tomorrow. Have no idea how the game will turnout tomorrow but I'm hoping in CS's favor to look my Bulls look good. I'll go against the majority of guesses and say it'll be a shootout with both offenses playing well. 35-28 CS.

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose."

GS#17
12-01-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm hoping for a good game and that WOS can impress you tomorrow night. No doubt CS is the favorite, and deservedly so. If WOS plays to their potential, they'll have a chance of pulling off the upset; if not, it's CS to the semis and WOS looking at a much stronger team coming back next year.

LionFan72
12-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Sure sounds like a lot of hoping and wishing from the previous post, a lot of folks dissing CS because they don't want to play them, and a lot of hope of WOS hoping they have an answer. I wish both teams good luck and congrats for making the quarterfinals, that in itself is quite an accomplishment. But in reality, there will not be 28 points scored in this game, combined. I say Coldspring 13-7 in a war!

lbjacj
12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Is game online?

griff
12-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Is game online?

Go to kogt dot com.
Click on the Sports page.
Click on the link that says "Click Here To Listen To High School Sports."

j_dog
12-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Congratulations to Coldspring. Won 35-13

And congratulations to WOS for having an outstanding season! :clap:

Sherman Gilbert had over 200 yards rushing for Coldspring against a highly touted WOS defense. Also ran an interception back for a TD. With those kind of yards, he likely will be joining his brother at Oklahoma State!

ExScoop
12-03-2011, 09:27 AM
I really haven't kept up in Region III but thought West Orange Stark was the real deal. Congrats to Coldsprings for advancing in the playoffs. I can remember Coldsprings being in 2A way back when

The Bull #40
12-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Well, 35-13 was better than I was hoping, Coldspring played great last night with their offense playing well again and the defense playing stout as always. WOS was disappointing for my first game seeing them play ever, they had speed but not as many true athletes as Coldspring. We sat on the CS side and the fans there were great, had great conversations with them. Might even make it out to their next game if it's towards my College Station way maybe in Waco? Either way good game to each team and good luck CS!

WOS1
12-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Great job to the Trojans. Good luck next couple of weeks. If you play like you did last night, I see no stopping you.

Trojanswin
12-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Well, 35-13 was better than I was hoping, Coldspring played great last night with their offense playing well again and the defense playing stout as always. WOS was disappointing for my first game seeing them play ever, they had speed but not as many true athletes as Coldspring. We sat on the CS side and the fans there were great, had great conversations with them. Might even make it out to their next game if it's towards my College Station way maybe in Waco? Either way good game to each team and good luck CS!
The buzz I am hearing about possible game locations is Waller if Devine wins or Bastrop if Wimberley wins. I don't know how accurate that is, but we would be glad to have you there Bull.

Manso/V8
12-03-2011, 06:44 PM
The buzz I am hearing about possible game locations is Waller if Devine wins or Bastrop if Wimberley wins. I don't know how accurate that is, but we would be glad to have you there Bull.

Coldspring put more points on the board last night than in the previous playoff games. What would you attribute that to? Did Coldspring match up better against WOS or is the Coldspring offense back on a big roll?

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2011, 06:57 PM
I keep thinking they're going to lose, but Coldspring keeps winning.

I guess I see no reason for them to lose next week, which means now that I'm choosing them to win, they'll prolly lose.

Trojanswin
12-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Gilbert ran like he was on a mission last night. He has been sick for the last several weeks and I don't know if he was feeling that bad. After the Bellville game he collapsed on the field and had to get IV fluids. A lot of times this year, he seemed to almost be coasting, and did not seem to want to take a hit. Last night he put his head down and ran through and over people. Monroe also, they were both plowing ahead. The offense cleaned up the penalties a lot. That was a big difference. We have been shooting ourselves in the foot with some dumb penalties all year. Holding on the back side of running plays, or 20 yards behind a punt return a block in the back. Hopefully the trend continues. Still need help on field goals and extra points. Not sure the reason, but I have been told we have another sophmore that was nailing 30 and 35 yard field goals all week in practice, but we keep letting the linemen kick. (The kid that hit the crossbar against Bellville from 42 yards is a sophmore also). I figure Barbay knows what he is doing better than I do, so he must have a reason.

Trojanswin
12-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Coldspring and Wimberley in Bastrop.
Friday at 7:30.
Wimberley is Home Team