PDA

View Full Version : Manor vs. Navasota Predictions????

True94
04-30-2003, 12:33 PM
Anybody got anything?

texcaj
04-30-2003, 02:25 PM
i don't really know on this one, how did manor do against elgin this year? navasota spanked them in the warm up game.

True94
04-30-2003, 03:11 PM
the elgin navasota game is misleading. Elgin pitched its jv pitcher. manor lost the first game to elgin and won the second. manor was playing pretty good when district ended

dog eat dog
04-30-2003, 09:33 PM
navasota has speed. good pitching. and good hitting. manor has decent pitching but will have to out hit navasota which will be hard.

Brahma73
04-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Navasota is the overwhelming surprise story in 23AAA. Halfway through, it pretty much looked like Navasota would only beat Hempstead, and the end would look like 1. Sealy, 2. Stafford and 3. Columbus. But lo and behold, Navasota jumps up and spanks Stafford (who pulled a major disappearing act in the second half), and then totally shocked a decent Columbus team, sending the Cards home. Our guys more or less backed into the playoffs and we handled Navasota quite easily both games. They truly appeared to be a mediocre team. What happened to them down the stretch is beyond me, be I wouldn't take them lightly.

What's up with Elgin, our first rounder? Anyone got a scoop?

GO BRAHMAS & BRAHMANETTES!!!! :D

Old Cardinal
04-30-2003, 10:25 PM
I will pick Navasota over Manor. Sounds like they are hitting on all eight cylinders in the post season! A big enrollment school of 860 ought to have some excellent athletes, and maybe it took a little while to get the teamwork factor going in baseball.

texcaj
05-01-2003, 08:36 AM
the elgin navasota game is misleading. Elgin pitched its jv pitcher. manor lost the first game to elgin and won the second. manor was playing pretty good when district ended
i hate to tell you this, but navasota didn't pitch their top guys either. so it wasn't too misleading. did he (jv) pitch the whole game? why would you leave a pitcher in that gave up 17 runs? even so, navasota didn't pitch their aces either, so did they have the jv batters pitch hit for everyone during the game too?

<small>[ May 01, 2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: texcaj ]</small>