PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Championship Game Devine 13-0 v Wimberley 12-0

Pages : [1] 2 3

catfish
11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Ok,I'll start,Wimberley will consider it an honor to lose to Sadler and The Warhorses. To be a foot note in national high school football history is all we want,and we will be happy to go home after this game and just count our blessings about having been able to be on the same field with the Warhorses.NOT !!!

rb585
11-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Need time and place!

lbjacj
11-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Ok,I'll start,Wimberley will consider it an honor to lose to Sadler and The Warhorses. To be a foot note in national high school football history is all we want,and we will be happy to go home after this game and just count our blessings about having been able to be on the same field with the Warhorses.NOT !!!

Where's the Poll??

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Going with wimberley by 14. Will give my reasons tomorrow

Sportshack
11-26-2011, 09:59 PM
It is strange...I am usually a worrier...and I listened to the Wharton v Devine game tonight. I should be worried but strangely I am not. I just cannot see Devine running on Wimberley front like it did tonight against Wharton. And as impotant I cannot can I see Devine defense holding Wimberley in check. The Texans had a bit of flat game against Sweeny and seriously limited their production with uncharacteristic execution mistakes. Every single time that has happened this year they have bounced back in next game with incredible performance and execution. It really is as simple as can Devine do what they do and manhandle Wimberley like they did Wharton. I say no and I mean no disrespect at all to Devine. They are clearly a hard nosed football team that deserves respect. Maybe they will match up great against Wimberley front 8.

All that said...what do I know...what are your thoughts?

Sportshack
11-26-2011, 10:03 PM
I started a thread on this subject as I did not realize catfish had done so. A day late and dollar short. Here are my thoughts:

"It is strange...I am usually a worrier...and I listened to the Wharton v Devine game tonight. I should be worried but strangely I am not. I just cannot see Devine running on Wimberley front like it did tonight against Wharton. And as impotant I cannot can I see Devine defense holding Wimberley in check. The Texans had a bit of flat game against Sweeny and seriously limited their production with uncharacteristic execution mistakes. Every single time that has happened this year they have bounced back in next game with incredible performance and execution. It really is as simple as can Devine do what they do and manhandle Wimberley like they did Wharton. I say no and I mean no disrespect at all to Devine. They are clearly a hard nosed football team that deserves respect. Maybe they will match up great against Wimberley front 8.

All that said...what do I know...what are your thoughts?"

solocam
11-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Texans by 17

Gone Fishing
11-26-2011, 10:33 PM
I just heard Sat 7:00 at Comalander Stadium, SA

Gone Fishing
11-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Need time and place!

Comalander Stadium SA 7:00

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2011, 10:40 PM
I started a thread on this subject as I did not realize catfish had done so. A day late and dollar short. Here are my thoughts:

"It is strange...I am usually a worrier...and I listened to the Wharton v Devine game tonight. I should be worried but strangely I am not. I just cannot see Devine running on Wimberley front like it did tonight against Wharton. And as impotant I cannot can I see Devine defense holding Wimberley in check. The Texans had a bit of flat game against Sweeny and seriously limited their production with uncharacteristic execution mistakes. Every single time that has happened this year they have bounced back in next game with incredible performance and execution. It really is as simple as can Devine do what they do and manhandle Wimberley like they did Wharton. I say no and I mean no disrespect at all to Devine. They are clearly a hard nosed football team that deserves respect. Maybe they will match up great against Wimberley front 8.

All that said...what do I know...what are your thoughts?":) i find it amusing that Wiimberley posters keep saying they played flat when they couldn't score in the red zone. Sweeny defense especially the their front line was the reason they looked flat to the Wimberley posters. Give credit where it's due. When or if they face another defensive front like Sweeny and Wimberlely is having the same problems is it going to be their playing flat again?

Devine looks like they have a good defensive lineman but he'll have a tough task trying to get through against the Wimberley offensive line. Defensively if there is no running room for Devine, Saddler is going nowhere. If they give him some room then maybe he can do his stuff.

SHSBulldog00
11-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Good Luck Texans!!!! I'm behind you guy's!!!!

Looks like some of the Wimberley people are ready for Devine

I saw this online

He better run, run, as fast as he can...cuz Code Red D's gonna catch this Gingerbread Man! Go Texans!
‘King of Devine' reigns on gridiron

Here is a write up a week ago.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/King-of-Devine-reigns-on-gridiron-2273079.php#ixzz1esFj9c7S

This is a really good article.

rb585
11-26-2011, 10:51 PM
:) i find it amusing that Wiimberley posters keep saying they played flat when they couldn't score in the red zone. Sweeny defense especially the their front line was the reason they looked flat to the Wimberley posters. Give credit where it's due.

Several people ave already mentioned that #9 was a beast.

We looked flat because of all the illegal motion/shift/formation penalties and the fact that we had to call all 3 timeouts in the first 14 minutes of the half.

Jeez, we got called out for saying how well a Taylor team played after we beat them in 2OT, and now we're getting called out for not giving enough props to a team we beat 28-0?

Apache91
11-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Sintonfan- they did play flat. Sweeny d-line didnt impress me. wimberley had penalties as the week before they didn't.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Sintonfan- they did play flat. Sweeny d-line didnt impress me. wimberley had penalties as the week before they didn't.They must have played flat against Gonzales also :ack!:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Several people ave already mentioned that #9 was a beast.

We looked flat because of all the illegal motion/shift/formation penalties and the fact that we had to call all 3 timeouts in the first 14 minutes of the half.

Jeez, we got called out for saying how well a Taylor team played after we beat them in 2OT, and now we're getting called out for not giving enough props to a team we beat 28-0?lol, more for saying ya could have scored alot more if the offense hadn't played flat in the red zone.

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 11:17 PM
lol, more for saying ya could have scored alot more if the offense hadn't played flat in the red zone.

You guys had more than your fair share of clean stops in the red zone. Not trying to take that away from the Sweeny defense at all but we also (as mentioned before) had more than our fair share of penalties and miscues leading us to feel that if those were eliminated then a few additional scores were likely to have happened...it's just a pure homer opinion..no disrespect SFA...

Sportshack
11-26-2011, 11:58 PM
:) i find it amusing that Wiimberley posters keep saying they played flat when they couldn't score in the red zone. Sweeny defense especially the their front line was the reason they looked flat to the Wimberley posters. Give credit where it's due. When or if they face another defensive front like Sweeny and Wimberlely is having the same problems is it going to be their playing flat again?

Devine looks like they have a good defensive lineman but he'll have a tough task trying to get through against the Wimberley offensive line. Defensively if there is no running room for Devine, Saddler is going nowhere. If they give him some room then maybe he can do his stuff.

Hey MR. Amused...I am talking about illegal procedure penalties over and over, I am talking about misalignments resulting in wasting time outs, I am talking about bad snaps and mishandled snaps for the most part, I am talking about stepping out of bounds on way to probably TD on punt return. Wimberley was fighting an uphill battle over and over because of unforced miscues. Sweeny certainly had some good players who made some good plays. Mix in an errant throw to open receivers and some questionable no calls. WHS does not routinely have so many penalties. Seriously...what game were you watching if you did not see all of those miscues.

Surely you would admit that WHS was donkey stomping Sweeny in late 2nd quarter with run game until the approximate 20 yard loss to due errant snap. Even the scores in 3rd qaurter came after easily moving the ball and then some type of penalty. WHS just overcame with great plays.

Sinton got stomped by team that could not score a freakin point against Texans. Just keep telling yourself how good Sweeny was if it makes you feel better. Maybe that is why you get amused because you do not understand why we felt it was not a great game. Perhaps our standards are a bit higher for quality play.

warhorsejoe
11-27-2011, 01:26 AM
We will be the underdogs in this game and rightfully so. Wimberley is a great football team and has earned that right. This by far will be the toughest challenge for us.
Off to bed it's been a long one. Good Night!

Los Owls
11-27-2011, 03:14 AM
Sadler and the boys advance to semi-finals...Period....:cheerl:

Los Owls
11-27-2011, 03:18 AM
Give credit to Wimberley for having a good season this year but,S-A-D-L-E-R ends their season this saturday....

Los Owls
11-27-2011, 03:44 AM
SINTON — Joseph Sadler went on a record-breaking tear Saturday night.

While shattering state and area marks, the senior running back helped Devine to its first 13-win season by rushing for 394 yards and seven touchdowns on 41 carries in guiding the Warhorses to a 56-42 Class 3A Division II third-round playoff victory over Wharton at Pirate Stadium.

Sadler shattered Kenneth Hall's state season scoring record of 395 points by totaling 50 to increase his mark to 441. In addition, he soared past former Reagan standout Marcus Wright's area season rushing record of 3,374 (set in 2007) by upping his total to 3,680.

For Sadler the best reward is playing Wimberley for a Region IV title.

“It's nice to get the records,” said Sadler, who also had 3 receptions for 49 yards. “It feels even better to get the win. We have 13 wins, and that's the best in Devine history.”

Sadler scored three of his touchdowns in the first half, one an 83-yard sprint. However, Wharton (6-7) had its scoring highlights in battling to a 21-21 halftime tie.

Devine (13-0) broke the game open with a 28-point third quarter. Wharton took the lead at the beginning of the second half on Demetrius Peacock's 67-yard touchdown run.

But after Sadler's 5-yard touchdown run and PAT tied the score, sophomore Pat Mares stunned Wharton with a 56-yard fumble return and set up Sadler's 37-yard touchdown run with an interception. Sadler followed with a 10-yard touchdown run to boost Devine's lead to 49-28.

“We've always been a second-half team,” Sadler said. “We keep fighting until the end and wear people down. Mares' plays were a big turning point for us. That was the dagger in the coffin or however that goes.”

Although Wharton scored twice in the fourth quarter, another Sadler TD sealed the win.

“Joseph had another great game,” Devine coach Chad Quisenberry said. “I'm proud of all our kids. (Mares) doesn't weigh a buck ten, but he makes plays for us. His plays in the second half turned the tide.”

sports@express-news.net

SADLER WATCH

Devine RB Joseph Sadler has broken two impressive records and is nearing three others:

Points scored in a season (state)
Record: 441, Sadler, 2011
Previous: 395, Ken Hall, Sugar Land, 1953

Points scored in a season (nation)
Record: 453, Brett Law, Sheridan, Ind., 1988
Sadler: 441 Needed: 13

Rushing touchdowns in a season (state)
Record: 59, Johnathan Gray, Aledo, 2010
Sadler: 57 Needed: 3

Rushing yards in a season (area)
Record: 3,680, Sadler, 2011
Previous: 3,374, Marcus Wright, Reagan, 2007

Rushing yards in a season (state)
Record: 4,045, Ken Hall, Sugar Land, 1953
Sadler: 3,680 Needed: 366

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2011, 07:08 AM
SINTON — Joseph Sadler went on a record-breaking tear Saturday night.

While shattering state and area marks, the senior running back helped Devine to its first 13-win season by rushing for 394 yards and seven touchdowns on 41 carries in guiding the Warhorses to a 56-42 Class 3A Division II third-round playoff victory over Wharton at Pirate Stadium.

Sadler shattered Kenneth Hall's state season scoring record of 395 points by totaling 50 to increase his mark to 441. In addition, he soared past former Reagan standout Marcus Wright's area season rushing record of 3,374 (set in 2007) by upping his total to 3,680.

For Sadler the best reward is playing Wimberley for a Region IV title.

“It's nice to get the records,” said Sadler, who also had 3 receptions for 49 yards. “It feels even better to get the win. We have 13 wins, and that's the best in Devine history.”

Sadler scored three of his touchdowns in the first half, one an 83-yard sprint. However, Wharton (6-7) had its scoring highlights in battling to a 21-21 halftime tie.

Devine (13-0) broke the game open with a 28-point third quarter. Wharton took the lead at the beginning of the second half on Demetrius Peacock's 67-yard touchdown run.

But after Sadler's 5-yard touchdown run and PAT tied the score, sophomore Pat Mares stunned Wharton with a 56-yard fumble return and set up Sadler's 37-yard touchdown run with an interception. Sadler followed with a 10-yard touchdown run to boost Devine's lead to 49-28.

“We've always been a second-half team,” Sadler said. “We keep fighting until the end and wear people down. Mares' plays were a big turning point for us. That was the dagger in the coffin or however that goes.”

Although Wharton scored twice in the fourth quarter, another Sadler TD sealed the win.

“Joseph had another great game,” Devine coach Chad Quisenberry said. “I'm proud of all our kids. (Mares) doesn't weigh a buck ten, but he makes plays for us. His plays in the second half turned the tide.”

sports@express-news.net

SADLER WATCH

Devine RB Joseph Sadler has broken two impressive records and is nearing three others:

Points scored in a season (state)
Record: 441, Sadler, 2011
Previous: 395, Ken Hall, Sugar Land, 1953

Points scored in a season (nation)
Record: 453, Brett Law, Sheridan, Ind., 1988
Sadler: 441 Needed: 13

Rushing touchdowns in a season (state)
Record: 59, Johnathan Gray, Aledo, 2010
Sadler: 57 Needed: 3

Rushing yards in a season (area)
Record: 3,680, Sadler, 2011
Previous: 3,374, Marcus Wright, Reagan, 2007

Rushing yards in a season (state)
Record: 4,045, Ken Hall, Sugar Land, 1953
Sadler: 3,680 Needed: 366
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQuOLILEwMA

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2011, 07:26 AM
After seeing the remaining 3 teams(West Columbia, Wimberley and Devine), Wimberley overall balance on offense and defense gets the slight edge over West Columbia as the top team out of region IV imo. Devine with Sadler and that pretty good offensive line are up against a very good defense and defensively not as strong as Wimberley and West Columbia.

warhorsejoe
11-27-2011, 08:39 AM
After seeing the remaining 3 teams(West Columbia, Wimberley and Devine), Wimberley overall balance on offense and defense gets the slight edge over West Columbia as the top team out of region IV imo. Devine with Sadler and that pretty good offensive line are up against a very good defense and defensively not as strong as Wimberley and West Columbia.

:iagree:

We need to play better on "D"

warhorsejoe
11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=SintonFan_inAustin;1643355]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQuOLILEwMA[/QUOTE

Thanks for the video!!!!! Great Job! Do you have more?

lbjacj
11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
3ADownlow has made Youtube!!

Warhorsejoe is this your handywork?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yXQjdgkHmOo

warhorsejoe
11-27-2011, 08:53 AM

i can neither confirm nor deny. :inlove:

lbjacj
11-27-2011, 08:57 AM
i can neither confirm nor deny. :inlove:

just watched more of your work joey! You have a real talent! Nice work!

warhorsejoe
11-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Did anyone catch the half time show during the Devine and Wharton game? I would love to see it if anyone caught it. Let me know. Thank You.

gold_33
11-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Think this game for us is pretty simple, stop Sadler you stop Devine. If we come out and get pushed around like we did against Taylor then it could be a long night but since that game the D has probably played the best it has all year and was outstanding against Sweeny. I think we are more likely to be able to keep Sadler in check than Devine stopping our offense by looking at the points that the Devine D has given up to opponents this year, gonna be tough though. Gonna be a good test for the D but the way they've been flying around the past 2 weeks I think they will be able to slow Sadler down enough for us to get the W.

lbjacj
11-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Think this game for us is pretty simple, stop Sadler you stop Devine. If we come out and get pushed around like we did against Taylor then it could be a long night but since that game the D has probably played the best it has all year and was outstanding against Sweeny. I think we are more likely to be able to keep Sadler in check than Devine stopping our offense by looking at the points that the Devine D has given up to opponents this year, gonna be tough though. Gonna be a good test for the D but the way they've been flying around the past 2 weeks I think they will be able to slow Sadler down enough for us to get the W.

I agree! I don't think Devine will stop our offense and I don't see a running team outscoring us in a shootout if it comes to that. Liberty Hill held them to 21 points so I think our D will do the same or better. Should be a great game to watch! I'm sure there will be a lot of casual fans and media there to see if Sadler can break the national record! He needs 13. He may well get it but I don't see them winning.Go Texans!

Dub-C
11-27-2011, 09:36 AM

Devine gave up 40+ points to Wharton and would have gave up more but Wharton had too many turnovers (which is part of Football). That being said Wimberely will score at Will and often. IMO Wimberely has already beaten the better of the two teams in Sweeny.
WC beat both teams pretty easily so If Wimberely plays their game I think they will roll on into the Semi's and be REGION IV Champs. Not taking anything away from Devine but I just think their defense is very suspect and Wimberely's defense is one of the best in Region IV.

lbjacj
11-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Devine gave up 40+ points to Wharton and would have gave up more but Wharton had too many turnovers (which is part of Football). That being said Wimberely will score at Will and often. IMO Wimberely has already the better of the two teams in Sweeny.
WC beat both teams pretty easily so If Wimberely plays their game I think they will roll on into the Semi's and be REGION IV Champs. Not taking anything away from Devine but I just think their defense is very suspect and Wimberely's defense is one of the best in Region IV.
Yes then even gave up 38 to Bandera!

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 10:01 AM

Wow...that is some impressive footage.

I am impressed by their Devine's line play and the blocking of skills players. It might be a nightmare matchup for our boys. Some how...I think that the Texans will scrap better than Wharton but we will see. I do believe that Devine will move the ball and that it will be a war. Taylor ran the ball like that on Wimberley in early going. I was proud of Wimberley front for actually getting stronger as game went on as that does not usually happen. It usually goes the other way.

I would have liked to have seen some footage of Wharton putting up their 41 points to get a more complete picture. However, no way to sugar coat it...scoring 49 points on offense in playoffs is impressive.

Congrats to that O-line and tight end for for helping Sadler to achieve that record. Impressive bunch. What has impressed me the most about Devine as they have worked their way through playoffs is that they continue to play really tough in 2nd half. The Texans are gonna have to keep reaching down deep like they have done so far.

lbjacj
11-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Wow...that is some impressive footage.

I am impressed by their Devine's line play and the blocking of skills players. It might be a nightmare matchup for our boys. Some how...I think that the Texans will scrap better than Wharton but we will see. I do believe that Devine will move the ball and that it will be a war. Taylor ran the ball like that on Wimberley in early going. I was proud of Wimberley front for actually getting stronger as game went on as that does not usually happen. It usually goes the other way.
I would have liked to have seen some footage of Wharton putting up their 41 points to get a more complete picture. However, no way to sugar coat it...scoring 49 points on offense in playoffs is impressive.

Congrats to that O-line and tight end for for helping Sadler to achieve that record. Impressive bunch. What has impressed me the most about Devine as they have worked their way through playoffs is that they continue to play really tough in 2nd half. The Texans are gonna have to keep reaching down deep like they have done so far.

Wharton looked like a 6-6 team. Sloppy tackling.Out of position.Bad angles.
Of course it could of been Devine's O making them look bad too. I just don't see them do that to the Texans D.We shall see.

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Give credit to Wimberley for having a good season this year but,S-A-D-L-E-R ends their season this saturday....

Thanks for the credit!

I don't know...I really like what S-A-D-L-E-R' s teammates do from a blocking perspective. Who knows....perhaps...Lambert, Blakemore, Wilson, Smith, Burttschell, Kelley, Alana, Mann, Morris, Terreo, Guidry, Kothman, Fonville, Holliman, Davis, Jones, Rodriguez, Robertson, Heatley Carillo and a host of others help the Texans hoist another Region IV trophy. Perhaps not.

I like your trash talking....you could not have been more W-R-O-N-G in your Gonzales analysis and assessment. You are getting to be kinda like a cute little LUCKY CHARM for the Texans!!! :inlove:

rb585
11-27-2011, 10:17 AM

Wow. Sadler is obviously a great player, but man, Wharton looks awful there. Their DL are getting manhandled and their LBs and their safeties don't even look like they're paying attention half the time.

rb585
11-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Sadler and the boys advance to semi-finals...Period....:cheerl:

I'm really worried now, because you've been soooooooo accurate in your previous predictions.

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 10:26 AM

Now that was some passion!!!

warhorsejoe
11-27-2011, 10:31 AM
hey guys and gals you will not see trash talk from warhorsejoe here, too much respect for Wimberley. However, I might make a few commits here and there.
Go WarHorses!:cheerl:

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 10:39 AM
hey guys and gals you will not see trash talk from warhorsejoe here, too much respect for Wimberley. However, I might make a few commits here and there.
Go WarHorses!:cheerl:

Ok...ok...who are you and what have you done with the REAL warhorsejoe? :1omg!:

SHSBulldog00
11-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Both Devine and Wimberley have played the best out of every team in Region IV D2. Wimberley is an impressive defensive team #24 and #5 are incredible, the entire team plays as one unit like they should; their offense was not as strong IMO as last year but they had several setbacks this year against Sweeny and Wimberley does not turn the ball over often.

Devine is a very potent running team. They do not like to throw the ball but will when they feel they have the opportunity. The Warhorse OL is physical but they will have to get to the second level. Sadler is FAST but don't overlook Fraga or he will eat your lunch. The Devine defense is good but Wharton exposed their overall speed.

warhorsejoe
11-27-2011, 10:55 AM

it's not easy when there's a good chance that I'll be eating it, chow that is. Not only that, I'm out numbered 500 to 1. :eek:

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 11:06 AM
First, congrats to Sadler. Loved watching you run, and loved the line play that created your running lanes more. Amazing job they do. Honor to be at this game when you broke the record. Good job by the Pirate Stadium PA announcer recognizing this accomplishment too.

Now, the issues I see for Devine facing Wimberley. Pass coverage. Had Wharton had a throwing QB, you might now be playing Wimberley. #15 was a runner, no way can he throw reliably. He threw into double, triple coverage all night, WHEN he had open receivers. Lambert will locate these open guys, and make you pay IMO.

This sad, I'm not ready to make a prediction here. Devine is a very worthy opponent and their running ability is no fluke. I like how #25 runs after about 4 or 5 in a row runs by Sadler, set's him up. Devine will be successful running it against the Texans. To what degree is the question. Devine is going to have to throw it some, and that throw that QB made to Sadler near Wharton sideline was perfectly lofted over the corner into some soft hands. Appears the Warhorse QB can chunk it, but---hasn't had to this year that often due to Sadler's success. He'll have to this coming Saturday IMO.

This will be a solid R4 finals matchup with two deserving opponents. They earned the right to play in this one.

Los Owls
11-27-2011, 11:17 AM

Keep laughing at all the post that Liberty Fan post..Sadler and the boys just keep on ticking...Next please...L.Hill is just another victim on Devines weak schedule,13-0....

Los Owls
11-27-2011, 11:21 AM
I agree! I don't think Devine will stop our offense and I don't see a running team outscoring us in a shootout if it comes to that. Liberty Hill held them to 21 points so I think our D will do the same or better. Should be a great game to watch! I'm sure there will be a lot of casual fans and media there to see if Sadler can break the national record! He needs 13. He may well get it but I don't see them winning.Go Texans!
And Taylor (3-7) scored 31 on that awesome Texan D?????:ack!:

Los Owls
11-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the credit!

I don't know...I really like what S-A-D-L-E-R' s teammates do from a blocking perspective. Who knows....perhaps...Lambert, Blakemore, Wilson, Smith, Burttschell, Kelley, Alana, Mann, Morris, Terreo, Guidry, Kothman, Fonville, Holliman, Davis, Jones, Rodriguez, Robertson, Heatley Carillo and a host of others help the Texans hoist another Region IV trophy. Perhaps not.

I like your trash talking....you could not have been more W-R-O-N-G in your Gonzales analysis and assessment. You are getting to be kinda like a cute little LUCKY CHARM for the Texans!!! :inlove:

Another 27AAA TEAM meets the Texans in this round like back in 2006....Hmmm...Will be another Sadler S-H-O-C-K....:1popcorn:

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Another 27AAA TEAM meets the Texans in this round like back in 2006....Hmmm...Will be another Sadler S-H-O-C-K....:1popcorn:

Ahhhh...our little lucky charm is back!!! Or....it could be like the 2005 match up with another District 27 team....ouchy woo Lost Owls...do you remember that one....52-6 or something like that!!!!!

Of course, I realize that Devine is likely better than that pitiful display of football but thought...since you are bringing up history!!!!!!!!

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Say what ya want, I see two worthy opponents, two different styles of play here. Compare all ya want, bottom line, they are in the R4 Finals.

I do believe turnovers will be the key factor in this game. Cause, I see both teams being successful in moving the ball on each other. Don't miss your turn in scoring by turning it over.

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 11:38 AM

it's not easy when there's a good chance that I'll be eating it, chow that is. Not only that, I'm out numbered 500 to 1. :eek:

Nope...you just wanted respect for your Warhorses and now you have it. No doubt...they are the real deal and you have proven to be right week in and week out.

Los Owls
11-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Ahhhh...our little lucky charm is back!!! Or....it could be like the 2005 match up with another District 27 team....ouchy woo Lost Owls...do you remember that one....52-6 or something like that!!!!!

Of course, I realize that Devine is likely better than that pitiful display of football but thought...since you are bringing up history!!!!!!!!
Bringing back History, Hondo 2-Wimberley 2....2005, we got clobbered in Kerrville...2006,well we just be the untouchable Defending STATE CHAMPS after trailing 20-0 in the 1st qtr..Remember that one at the ALAMODOME...So,it can be done...Sadler and the boys ADVANCE....

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 11:52 AM
And Taylor (3-7) scored 31 on that awesome Texan D?????:ack!:

Good point...and the Devine defense gave up 26 points to the Owls offense...rut ro...what happens when they face a much bigger challenge cuz that is not a good measuring stick!!! You remember that 3 points Owls had on the scoreboard late into 4th qtr against the Apaches don't cha? :taunt:

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Bringing back History, Hondo 2-Wimberley 2....2005, we got clobbered in Kerrville...2006,well we just be the untouchable Defending STATE CHAMPS after trailing 20-0 in the 1st qtr..Remember that one at the ALAMODOME...So,it can be done...Sadler and the boys ADVANCE....

Of course it can be done you big goofball!!! Both of these teams have had to pull out squeakers already just to get here. Devine is 13-0 for a reason. You are right in one respect...they cannot help it that there schedule has been weaker and they have more than taken care of business. I also agree Devine will move the ball and score. Hey the 21 points against LH in playoffs is nothing to be ashamed of especially if your defense can shut down opponent. Just believe this game might actually be more about Devine defense slowing down WHS offense. Of course a ball control ground game helps in that process.

I just get tickled that you keep bringing up the '06 Hondo game as some harbinger of things to come for this Wimberley team. We all got great stories.

BearBacker
11-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Great video of Sadler. He's a great runner-strong and fast with good balance. What impressed me more was the line play and blocking by the Warhorses. There were some runs when Sadler wasn't even touched, much less have any defender near him. How much of that is Devine's offense or the poor defense of Wharton?

I pick the Texans in a close game.

HSFB
11-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Wimberley by 14 but if Smith gets 15+ touches then Wimberley by 21+.....conservatively speaking :)

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Great video of Sadler. He's a great runner-strong and fast with good balance. What impressed me more was the line play and blocking by the Warhorses. There were some runs when Sadler wasn't even touched, much less have any defender near him. How much of that is Devine's offense or the poor defense of Wharton?

I pick the Texans in a close game.

Trust me BB, it's Devine's offense for the most part. Their line is well coached and they execute amazingly. Sadler has the most patience I ever seen from a RB. He let's his line do their thing before cutting it up. Was fun to watch. Sadler statements on mysa.com were very good. He is so humble.

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Trust me BB, it's Devine's offense for the most part. Their line is well coached and they execute amazingly. Sadler has the most patience I ever seen from a RB. He let's his line do their thing before cutting it up. Was fun to watch. Sadler statements on mysa.com were very good. He is so humble.

:iagree:

HSFB
11-27-2011, 12:16 PM
What impressed me more was the line play and blocking by the Warhorses. There were some runs when Sadler wasn't even touched, much less have any defender near him.

I noticed the outstanding line play from the video as well. I saw a bunch of downhill running and zero penetration by the Whorton D-line. They were letting the Devine OL come out and meet them instead of agressively forcing the issue and making the OL react to that agressive play.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 12:23 PM
I noticed the outstanding line play from the video as well. I saw a bunch of downhill running and zero penetration by the Whorton D-line. They were letting the Devine OL come out and meet them instead of agressively forcing the issue and makeing the OL react to that agressive play.

I see Wim trying to shoot the gaps quickly and trying to blow things up in the Warhorses backfield. If you fail in doing this, could be long gainers for Sadler. Can Devine handle this and make adjustments is the question?

Los Owls
11-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Good point...and the Devine defense gave up 26 points to the Owls offense...rut ro...what happens when they face a much bigger challenge cuz that is not a good measuring stick!!! You remember that 3 points Owls had on the scoreboard late into 4th qtr against the Apaches don't cha? :taunt:

Your funny sportsshacky...Reading your post all the time thinking Wimberley has all the answers and no other team does'nt have a chance...Yall better bring your a game cause you will need it this saturday...Don't want to hear excuses from you that the texans had too many mistakes and all that blah,blah,blah....I want you to come and say you guys just lost to a better team....Can you HANDLE THAT,or are you gonna go hide till next year after yall lose...My prediction is,YOU WILL PROBABLY GO HIDE UNTIL NEXT YEAR....:crazy:

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 12:30 PM
I see Wim trying to shoot the gaps quickly and trying to blow things up in the Warhorses backfield. If you fail in doing this, could be long gainers for Sadler. Can Devine handle this and make adjustments is the question?

I actually feel just the opposite. I think D-line will hold ground to keep LB's free.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 12:33 PM
I actually feel just the opposite. I think D-line will hold ground to keep LB's free.

Maybe? I just think they want to stop Sadler in the backfield before those holes get created and he goes up in them. I'm sure Nelms will have to use both methods here.

HSFB
11-27-2011, 12:42 PM

yep, and we will need to sustain drives to keep them off the field and sustaining drives has been an improvment area of ours for most of the year. We are more of a feast or famine O that depends on the big play but there has obviously been a bunch of feasting.

Actually one of the best drives that I have seen Wimberley execute this year was in a 2 minute hurry up O right before halftime vs Boerne that they punched in for a TD. Marched all the way down the field a little at a time for the score. It was a beautifully orchestrated and executed drive.

I do think that we will see more of the long sustaining drives once Smith is back to 100% health and can carry more of the load and I think he is slowly getting back to full health.

I do not know how many of those OL have to play both ways but a large helping of having to defend a physical Wimberley O and then have to stay on the field for their O will make a difference. However, that depends on if they play both ways or not.

Roughneck93
11-27-2011, 12:45 PM
You key on Sadler too much, Fraga will hurt you.

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Your funny sportsshacky...Reading your post all the time thinking Wimberley has all the answers and no other team does'nt have a chance...Yall better bring your a game cause you will need it this saturday...Don't want to hear excuses from you that the texans had too many mistakes and all that blah,blah,blah....I want you to come and say you guys just lost to a better team....Can you HANDLE THAT,or are you gonna go hide till next year after yall lose...My prediction is,YOU WILL PROBABLY GO HIDE UNTIL NEXT YEAR....:crazy:

I worry about you Lost...I really think you have some type of reading disability..like I said...you are a cute little lucky charm for us so keep on being disrespectful to a very talented bunch of kids and coaches...no problem...it will fire the kids up!!! Like I have said....the Texans (or any team for that matter) can lose....we have lost 1 of the last 27 and have had a couple of scares as well. From what I saw on that video, the Texans got some work ahead of them. They got no scare however...respect for Devine's accomplishments to be sure...but scare...nope!!!

And one last thing...it is a good thing to talk about miscues, mistakes, etc when your team is winning!!!!!!!!!!! That is a different animal than talking about such problems when you lose. We made no excuses last year when beaten by a better Coldspring team.

Los Owls
11-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Sportshack would love to chat with ya some more but,gots to go work to by my ticket for saturdays game...Have fun chatting without me..Be back tonight chatting...

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Sad part here. One of my new fav HS players (Blakemore or Sadler) season comes to an end.

I have no issue coming up with a score of this game, but--the winner I'm having trouble with. :confused:

HSFB
11-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Sad part here. One of my new fav HS players (Blakemore or Sadler) season comes to an end.

I have no issue coming up with a score of this game, but--the winner I'm having trouble with. :confused:

Pound for pound, Blakemore is the absoulte best HS player that I have ever seen. I get that I'm a armchair QB but I played at a very good program at the 5A level, have watched countless HS games all my life at some HIGHLY successful programs and football is sadly pretty much my hobby. Point is that this is just my opinion so I hope that this does not turn in to a who's better blah blah blah debate.

The young man would be considered one of the top 10 players in the state if he was 6 foot. He just sees things in sort of slow motion that automatically puts him 2 to 3 steps ahead of everyone else. Just an amazing athelete that is just magnified by his extremely competitive nature. I saw this in him as a little kid and it has been a pleasure to see him compete through the years in all sports. Factor in that he is relatively young for his class level and even more impressive.

Teams constantly roll double coverage to him, try to kick away from him, etc. and he still produces at a very high level. He is basically playing with one arm right now and still cannot be stopped even with all the attention.

Boy, I will miss not getting to see him play when this is all over. Whatever Div 1 program (who likes to spread it out) that gets this guy and puts him in the slot will have an amazing talent.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Pound for pound, Blakemore is the absoulte best HS player that I have ever seen. I get that I'm a armchair QB but I played at a very good program at the 5A level, have watched countless HS games all my life at some HIGHLY successful programs and football is sadly pretty much my hobby. Point is that this is just my opinion so I hope that this does not turn in to a who's better blah blah blah debate.

The young man would be considered one of the top 10 players in the state if he was 6 foot. He just sees things in sort of slow motion that automatically puts him 2 to 3 steps ahead of everyone else. Just an amazing athelete that is just magnified by his extremely competitive nature. I saw this in him as a little kid and it has been a pleasure to see him compete through the years in all sports. Factor in that he is relatively young for his class level and even more impressive.

Teams constantly roll double coverage to him, try to kick away from him, etc. and he still produces at a very high level. He is basically playing with one arm right now and still cannot be stopped even with all the attention.

Boy, I will miss not getting to see him play when this is all over. Whatever Div 1 program (who likes to spread it out) that gets this guy and puts him in the slot will have an amazing talent.Having seen Jordan Shipley twice against Sinton in region Iv finals and now Blakemore i can imo compare him to Shipley. Not sure if he's as fast as Shipley but they look very similar and Blakemore seems to have that burst that Shipley had.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Having seen Jordan Shipley twice against Sinton in region Iv finals and now Blakemore i can imo compare him to Shipley. Not sure if he's as fast as Shipley but they look very similar and Blakemore seems to have that burst that Shipley had.

I've heard a Wes Welker reference too.

HSFB
11-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Having seen Jordan Shipley twice against Sinton in region Iv finals and now Blakemore i can imo compare him to Shipley. Not sure if he's as fast as Shipley but they look very similar and Blakemore seems to have that burst that Shipley had.

if you are referencing the game vs. Sweeny then that was a VERY average game by Blakemore standards and that is in NO WAY a knock as it would be considered a great game by most players....but yes, Ship is a good comparrison. Blakemore is much more athletic (in MY opinion) but Ship has the size advantage to go with his athleticism, name recognition and crisp route running ability that all the recruiters love.

rb585
11-27-2011, 01:48 PM

It's a lot of both. Wharton had a very bad defense this season -- gave up 43 to Smithville, 41 to El Campo, 43 to Columbus, 54 to Navasota, 36 to Columbia, and 35 to Ingleside.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Guess I'm the lucky HS fan again. I'll be catching at tremendous 4A matchup:

CC Calallen (12-1) vs. Kerrville Tivy (11-2), 2 p.m. Saturday, Comalander

Then the exciting Wimberley/Devine clash at 7PM.

Hopefully, I can see some of my 3ADL friends from Devine/Wim at the early game if they make a day of it at Comalander. Appears most hate to leave their seats and M&G (except wimbo) when their clubs are playing.

Anyone know a good place at this stadium to M&G at the early game?

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Ok, I'm gonna take the wimpy way out. I'm not picking a winner in this one. I will pick the winning score though.

45-35.

I will say the WT have the more playmakers on offense. A matchup nightmare for teams. Pick your poison. They are potent when clicking from a number of players. Watch them back side screens Devine, is all I can say. Deadly.

But, I also know Sadler and that offense is for real. And, his story is something else. How can someone that is a high school football fan, pick against that? I will not. Once again, I'm the lucky one here.

ExScoop
11-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Texans have a great defense- Devine will be lucky to score three touchdowns.-if that many

lbjacj
11-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Ok, I'm gonna take the wimpy way out. I'm not picking a winner in this one. I will pick the winning score though.

45-35.

I will say the WT have the more playmakers on offense. A matchup nightmare for teams. Pick your poison. They are potent when clicking from a number of players. Watch them back side screens Devine, is all I can say. Deadly.

But, I also know Sadler and that offense is for real. And, his story is something else. How can someone that is a high school football fan, pick against that? I will not. Once again, I'm the lucky one here.

I hope Sadler breaks the national record but i just can't see us giving up more than 28 points or losing with the way our D has played the last two weeks! And seeing what Wharton did on offense last night I think our O will light up the scoreboard. JMO.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Texans have a great defense- Devine will be lucky to score three touchdowns.-if that many

The "Gingerbread" Kid that passed your boy Hall might score 4 himself. :)

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 03:02 PM
The Texans have their work cut out for them to try to keep up with Devine offense. Hopefully, some of their playmakers depicted in these clips will help them keep pace. Of course, they have some others to help out as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaTPvO3GOqI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoIEqcTaSvY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoL0ZRpz8eg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58hlCrl_rmc&feature=fvsr

bbfan2010
11-27-2011, 03:02 PM
A few weeks ago I wouldve said Devine wins. But now that Wharton exposed Devine's Defense I think that the Texans are gonna expose it even more. On the other side of the ball Wimberley loves running teams, Lb's are quick and downhill and line is big and won't allow any holes. I would be surprised if Sadler gets 150 yds.

Texans 42
Devine 16

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 03:13 PM
A few weeks ago I wouldve said Devine wins. But now that Wharton exposed Devine's Defense I think that the Texans are gonna expose it even more. On the other side of the ball Wimberley loves running teams, Lb's are quick and downhill and line is big and won't allow any holes. I would be surprised if Sadler gets 150 yds.

Texans 42
Devine 16

What I would fear if I was Devine, the WT passing attack. Wharton had receivers open, just no QB that could read, and move to the next receiver that wasn't covered.

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Both teams have a tendency to wear down defenses. That might surprise folks with regard to Wimberley but nonetheless true. It happened last 2 weeks. It will be gut check time in 2nd half and a big dose of Dennis Smith's physical running style could be a big boost for sure. Trint can bring it too with his quick feet and deceptive strength. Then there is Bruiser as well. Lambert can run tough as well. I like it that the Texans can come at different teams in different ways. Of course...a few defensive stops would sure help.

tigerfan09
11-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Wharton's offense was incredible last night, minus the critical turnovers in the 3rd quarter. I really think Wharton might have outscored Devine if it weren't for the fumbles and interceptions. Wharton has a couple of players that are just as quick as Sadler, if not quicker. A few of the calls by the referees were questionable, as well. At one point, a Devine player was trying to get off the field after the ball was snapped, and the referees either didn't see it or ignored it. Also, there was a lot of illegal motion on the Devine offense going on that the referees in the Wimberly/Devine game just might call. If it weren't for Wharton's sloppy play on defense and those turnovers on offense, Wimberly would be facing Wharton next Saturday. For a team that was 6-6, Wharton did a respectable job with Devine. A few times during the game, Wharton had Devine very nervous. I'm very interested to see what Wimberly has in store to shut Sadler and that number 25 down on Saturday night.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Wharton's offense was incredible last night, minus the critical turnovers in the 3rd quarter. I really think Wharton might have outscored Devine if it weren't for the fumbles and interceptions. Wharton has a couple of players that are just as quick as Sadler, if not quicker. A few of the calls by the referees were questionable, as well. At one point, a Devine player was trying to get off the field after the ball was snapped, and the referees either didn't see it or ignored it. Also, there was a lot of illegal motion on the Devine offense going on that the referees in the Wimberly/Devine game just might call. If it weren't for Wharton's sloppy play on defense and those turnovers on offense, Wimberly would be facing Wharton next Saturday. For a team that was 6-6, Wharton did a respectable job with Devine. A few times during the game, Wharton had Devine very nervous. I'm very interested to see what Wimberly has in store to shut Sadler and that number 25 down on Saturday night.

The movement I seen was the wing back moving sideways, which is legal. It did cause Wharton to jump. They position that wing very close behind the linemen, and I can see why the D thought someone moved. Very neat formation.

I agree with that extra player leaving though. Pretty good officiated game over all.

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 04:10 PM

Well the crusher was the kid jumping offsides on 4th and 4 from Devine 11 YL. OUch. Get ball back and score on short field would have made it 7-point game with enough time on clock if you could have managed another stop. Air went out of balloon shortly thereafter. Texans have pretty sound defensive front 8. Hopefully, will be able to slow them down a bit. Hard to know. Some teams with great ground games have moved ball on us some...Canyon Lake, Taylor, Gonzales but none kept it going the entire game. In fact Canyon Lake only had one score off sustained drive. Gonzales came up with 2 off sustained drive and Taylor came up with 17 pts off sustained drives. However, Gonzales had to go to air to sustain both drives with one time resulting in impressive scramble by Casares. Devine looks most like Taylor to me in line play. The Texans had a war on their hands in that one but eventually cut off the faucet. Fingers crossed.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Hope wimbo has sold about 100 x-ray machines on his business trip? Believe he said he'd be at the regional final game. Like to see the dog again. Pretty smart football guru.

He'll break this one down to the "T" too.

hookandladder
11-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Wimberley not your normal Region 4 team, Wimberley wins this game by 3 or 4 Tds.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Wimberley not your normal Region 4 team, Wimberley wins this game by 3 or 4 Tds.

You not sold on that Devine ground game huh? 3 or 4 TD margin for the Texans, hmmmm. Could be H&L. Dunno.

If Devines #25 (solid runner himself) don't garner 60+ yards, and the QB don't get over 100 passing and a TD, you could be right. Devine will have to have more success than just Sadler here IMO. Sadler's production alone will not win this one.

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 07:42 PM
You not sold on that Devine ground game huh? 3 or 4 TD margin for the Texans, hmmmm. Could be H&L. Dunno.

If Devines #25 (solid runner himself) don't garner 60+ yards, and the QB don't get over 100 passing and a TD, you could be right. Devine will have to have more success than just Sadler here IMO. Sadler's production alone will not win this one.

Unless Wimberley can totally shut down ground game of Devine, which is unlikely given their success all year, it could be fast game. I think Devine has some success but not rampant like against Wharton...more like Liberty Hill or maybe Sam Houston games. The more intriguing matchup might be Devine defense v Texans offense.

The Texans offense can be really amazing when clicking. We will see. I am interested in understanding how Wharton put up so many points so quickly. Is their O-line dominant? I understand they did not pass the ball all that well. I think they did have long pass play early however.

HSFB
11-27-2011, 09:03 PM
The Texans have their work cut out for them to try to keep up with Devine offense. Hopefully, some of their playmakers depicted in these clips will help them keep pace. Of course, they have some others to help out as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaTPvO3GOqI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoIEqcTaSvY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoL0ZRpz8eg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58hlCrl_rmc&feature=fvsr

dang, I loved the patience and turn-it-upfield explosion by Smith on the 1st run of his video. Vintage Smith. If Smith is healthy enough to touch the ball bout 15ish times or so then it will be a looooooooong evening for Devine.

thanks for the clips Shack. Loved watching them.

ogg
11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Been looking at stats this year and years passed and this 2011 team is better than last year, esp. the D. That said:

Once again, Brady and his gang will get their pts. Saturday. Devine will have to match that to win. Fall too far behind and they’re cooked with a one dimensional offense.

ogg
11-27-2011, 09:21 PM
dang, I loved the patience and turn-it-upfield explosion by Smith on the 1st run of his video. Vintage Smith. If Smith is healthy enough to touch the ball bout 15ish times or so then it will be a looooooooong evening for Devine.

thanks for the clips Shack. Loved watching them.

Dennis can run like a damn deer, or tractor, what ever works at the time.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Been looking at stats this year and years passed and this 2011 team is better than last year, esp. the D. That said:

Once again, Brady and his gang will get their pts. Saturday. Devine will have to match that to win. Fall too far behind and they’re cooked with a one dimensional offense.

Yup, I agree. Devine has got to have more production then just Sadler in this one. I know that QB can throw it, and maybe Coach Q has a plan B heading into this matchup? Will be interesting seeing Saturday, he's game plan to counter Wimberley's attack.

Maybe riding the horse (Sadler) he rode all year will be enough? Just don't seeing WT letting one guy beat them at this point in the playoffs. More screens to Sadler would help somewhat.

Tejastrue
11-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Sadler has just been amazing but I believe in our team and absolutely feel that Devine has not seen a defense comparable all season. Sadler and company will be humbled.

Tejastrue
11-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Have we established who is the home team in this one?

Tejastrue
11-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Have we established who is the home team in this one?

Nevermind..we are home...:wave:

LionFan72
11-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Don't know squat about Devine, sorry guys not dissing you at all, congrats on a fine season! That said, WT by 21+, they are just hitting their stride on both sides of the ball.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Don't know squat about Devine, sorry guys not dissing you at all, congrats on a fine season! That said, WT by 21+, they are just hitting their stride on both sides of the ball.
Agreed. Will break it down late this week when i get time, but i gotta go with the simplest prediction...defenses win championships. Devine has shown great weaknesses in this category. Saddler (what an honor to see him saturday!) cannot dominate if he isnt on the field. All we need to do is slow him down, and dominate the gridiron with our ti
eating offense. Add to it special teams...Devine is vunerable.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2011, 11:53 PM
*time eating offense....iPhone wouldnt let me edit!

warhorsejoe
11-28-2011, 07:53 AM

45-35.

It is very difficult to say this but I have to be as honest. Our D is our weakest link, not becaue we dont know how to play D, it's our form of takleing. We need to learn how to wrap up to takle (too many arm takleing). The other is, we give up on big plays (3rd and 16, 4th and 10). Just when you think that our D has stopped them, we give up a TD or give away a first down. If we can work on that this week then we will have a good chance to WIN. On the bright side, I know that we still have a good team that is NOT just Sadler. We do use him a lot (if you had a SADLER you would use him like we do) but not how we beat the other teams (Sam Houston and Liberty Hill). IMO we have not played our best game to DATE, I'm hoping that game(s) are in week(s) ahead.

All year long it's been known that road to the TOP will have to go through WIMBERLEY, so hear we are. It's what all of DEVINE has bee waiting for. Let's make it a good game and may both teams come out without an injury.

GO WARHORSES!!!!

wimbo_pro
11-28-2011, 08:20 AM
It is very difficult to say this but I have to be as honest. Our D is our weakest link, not becaue we dont know how to play D, it's our form of takleing. We need to learn how to wrap up to takle (too many arm takleing). The other is, we give up on big plays (3rd and 16, 4th and 10). Just when you think that our D has stopped them, we give up a TD or give away a first down. If we can work on that this week then we will have a good chance to WIN. On the bright side, I know that we still have a good team that is NOT just Sadler. We do use him a lot (if you had a SADLER you would use him like we do) but not how we beat the other teams (Sam Houston and Liberty Hill). IMO we have not played our best game to DATE, I'm hoping that game(s) are in week(s) ahead.

All year long it's been known that road to the TOP will have to go through WIMBERLEY, so hear we are. It's what all of DEVINE has bee waiting for. Let's make it a good game and may both teams come out without an injury.

GO WARHORSES!!!!

Well said, WarHorse (gotta love that mascot!). I cannot wait to see this kid (young man) run...what a treat for us fans of Texas HS Football. I can tell you this for sure (ok...for sure in my own mind), if Devine beats us, it will be because of Sadler. Simple as that. And honestly, if it does happen, it will be a show of athleticism that I have probably never seen. So all in all, we fans cannot "lose" in this match.

If we come out and have a complete collapse on offense, then we deserve to lose. Other than this happening, I don't think Devine can hang for all 4 quarters. After last week, I feel pretty sure our offense will be lights out this Saturday. Not good for Devine.

I gaurantee you this much, we Wimberley fans will be yelling and applauding that young man the minute he steps on the field. I tip my hat to him!!!!

greendawg84
11-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Going to be a great ballgame for sure , give me the Texans!

WARHORSE84
11-28-2011, 11:21 AM
I am glad the Devine O-line is getting some credit, they have been a big reason for Sadler's success. That being said Sadler is a gifted athlete with a BIG HEART that will not quit.

Sportshack
11-28-2011, 12:14 PM

GO WARHORSES!!!!

Well...I tip my hat to that O-line. Sadler is an impressive football player/competitor to be sure. IMO, the Texans actually have not one but 2 RB's of the same caliber as Sadler. However, the Texans run a different scheme and their O-line not as dominate in running game. They pass a good bit however. Dennis Smith is an excellent back and a real handful for any 3A team. I saw him flat out dominate against 2 good teams in Cuero and Sealy last year before he broke his foot in Sealy game. I know you know that Cuero was a good team last year. He is big, really fast, and really strong. Trint Wilson is a little smaller than Sadler, possibly a step slower in 40, but has excellent hole finding ability like Sadler, has great acceleration, and is one of strongest kids on team (he does not look it).

I have become more and more concerned about Devine runnign game and their ability to sting with occasional play action pass if running game working (which appears to be all the time..LOL). They also have other RB's that can scoot through those big holes (e.g. #25).

I have some hope that Texans can generate some turnovers like Wharton did. The Texans defense rallies to the ball very well and have been hard hitters all year. We will see.

The Devine runnign game is legit and will have it successes. The Texans will have to be resilient and have been so all year when faced with adversity and last year too for that matter.

It should be an interesting game. The Texans offense has been held to 28 points twice and 24 points (in regulation of OT game) once this year. The Sweeny game was in hand and dogs were called off midway through 4th. However, the Sealy games and Taylor games were battles. Therefore, Texans will have to execute very well on both sides of ball and play inspired, focused football. If so, I like their chances. It is hard to know until we see boys facing that running game. Coaches will put them in good positions scheme wise on both sides of ball.

bd62
11-28-2011, 12:30 PM
I have seen the Texans play twice this yr. First game against Cuero (grandson on Cuero team) and last friday against the bulldogs . Overall team speed is outstanding on defense. They fly to the ball and holes close quickly. #2 is a great player that looks like a Texas Tech type reciever.All there running back run hard and have good speed. They have a balanced attack with about 50/50 yardage running and passing. I do think they were a little off the first half last Friday .Unusual for them to have that many penalities and call all there timeout that quick. I felt like they would get that straight at halftime and they did.
Saw Devine against Wharton Sat. and what a pleasure to watch Sadler break the record. A very talented young man that puts team first. Speed ,power and the ability to stay patience till he finds the hole. also great cutback ability. Outstanding line play by Devine. Devine defense will go against the best balanced attack they have seen. How they react to that will decide the game. Dont think they can give up 42 points and beat the Texans. Thats my take and i plan on being there.

YTBulldogs
11-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I have seen the Texans play twice this yr. First game against Cuero (grandson on Cuero team) and last friday against the bulldogs . Overall team speed is outstanding on defense. They fly to the ball and holes close quickly. #2 is a great player that looks like a Texas Tech type reciever.All there running back run hard and have good speed. They have a balanced attack with about 50/50 yardage running and passing. I do think they were a little off the first half last Friday .Unusual for them to have that many penalities and call all there timeout that quick. I felt like they would get that straight at halftime and they did.
Saw Devine against Wharton Sat. and what a pleasure to watch Sadler break the record. A very talented young man that puts team first. Speed ,power and the ability to stay patience till he finds the hole. also great cutback ability. Outstanding line play by Devine. Devine defense will go against the best balanced attack they have seen. How they react to that will decide the game. Dont think they can give up 42 points and beat the Texans. Thats my take and i plan on being there.

See ya there BD62. You going to the 2PM game (Calallen/K'ville) as well?

bd62
11-28-2011, 02:48 PM
2 games in one place. you bet i will see them both. where is the stadium?

YTBulldogs
11-28-2011, 02:57 PM
281 N from the loop, behind airport kinda

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=842

Lovesfootball
11-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Looks like Devine doesn't stand a chance. They are getting credit for being a good team finally but once again they are being cast as the underdog. Similarly they have been in this position every week. I agree with previous posts though. This game will be about the Devine D vs the Wimberley O. Last week vs Wharton was all bad tackling for the most part. The running back did bust a few untouched type runs, namely the one opening the second half but most others he would break a few tackles before taking off. I'm not taking anything away from the Wharton running back because I think he was great but bad tackling had alot to do with it. If Devine doesn't fix that, they will lose. On the other hand if they do we are going to have ourselves a game. If Devine plays really well it will still be a game. They are a second half team and I see Devine taking this one though. If you get a chance to go see it take a look at the unsung hero #9 quarterback Charles Campsey. He blocks like a fullback from that QB position. Really impressed with this kids play this year.

pirate4state
11-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Great venue, but parking/traffic is gonna be a nightmare!!! Can't wait! AND NO I WILL NOT ATTEND ANY M&Gs LOL

YTBulldogs
11-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Great venue, but parking/traffic is gonna be a nightmare!!! Can't wait! AND NO I WILL NOT ATTEND ANY M&Gs LOL

LOL. Nor I. Not good at those type things.:ack!:

YTBulldogs
11-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Looks like Devine doesn't stand a chance. They are getting credit for being a good team finally but once again they are being cast as the underdog. Similarly they have been in this position every week. I agree with previous posts though. This game will be about the Devine D vs the Wimberley O. Last week vs Wharton was all bad tackling for the most part. The running back did bust a few untouched type runs, namely the one opening the second half but most others he would break a few tackles before taking off. I'm not taking anything away from the Wharton running back because I think he was great but bad tackling had alot to do with it. If Devine doesn't fix that, they will lose. On the other hand if they do we are going to have ourselves a game. If Devine plays really well it will still be a game. They are a second half team and I see Devine taking this one though. If you get a chance to go see it take a look at the unsung hero #9 quarterback Charles Campsey. He blocks like a fullback from that QB position. Really impressed with this kids play this year.

#9 throws a pretty pass too. When he does throw it anyways.

Tejastrue
11-28-2011, 05:17 PM
A little Sadler love from the Austin American

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/wimberley/wimberley-about-to-face-running-back-joseph-sadler-1997875.html

lbjacj
11-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Check out the stats from the Sweeny game...

http://www.statesman.com/news/stats/sports/controller?School=&Schedule=435383&Season=9&AltAction=&coxnet_site_id=6801&Venue=&Page=schedule_list&Player=&Nav=schdresults&Sport=1&Class=-1

Awesome D against a team that was averaging 36 points in it's last 3 games.

banderafan
11-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Well said, WarHorse (gotta love that mascot!). I cannot wait to see this kid (young man) run...what a treat for us fans of Texas HS Football. I can tell you this for sure (ok...for sure in my own mind), if Devine beats us, it will be because of Sadler. Simple as that. And honestly, if it does happen, it will be a show of athleticism that I have probably never seen. So all in all, we fans cannot "lose" in this match.

If we come out and have a complete collapse on offense, then we deserve to lose. Other than this happening, I don't think Devine can hang for all 4 quarters. After last week, I feel pretty sure our offense will be lights out this Saturday. Not good for Devine.

I gaurantee you this much, we Wimberley fans will be yelling and applauding that young man the minute he steps on the field. I tip my hat to him!!!!

WP, I've been saying Devine is a one dimensional team all year long. Maybe they are, but no one has stopped them yet. EVERYONE knows what to expect from Devine yet they can't stop them. I do think Wimberley is more balanced and the better overall team, but you never know what might happen. Congrats to both Wimberley and Devine on making it this far (nothing new to Wimberley) in the playoffs. I'd be proud to say we got beat by (thrashed is more like it) the eventual state champs, wether its Wimberley or Devine. :)

banderafan
11-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Oh yeah, Is it an omen that there is a Movie coming out in December called "WARHORSE"?

warhorsejoe
11-28-2011, 09:06 PM
WP, I've been saying Devine is a one dimensional team all year long. Maybe they are, but no one has stopped them yet. EVERYONE knows what to expect from Devine yet they can't stop them. I do think Wimberley is more balanced and the better overall team, but you never know what might happen. Congrats to both Wimberley and Devine on making it this far (nothing new to Wimberley) in the playoffs. I'd be proud to say we got beat by (thrashed is more like it) the eventual state champs, wether its Wimberley or Devine. :)

Yeah, you could say that. :iagree:

wimbo_pro
11-28-2011, 09:08 PM
LOL. Nor I. Not good at those type things.:ack!:

What happened? We had a good time when we met! Well...ok...I did!

wimbo_pro
11-28-2011, 09:15 PM

I just have a hard time seeing a one dimensional team beating us. Some may say "Liberty Hill was one dimensional"...but they forget one thing. Liberty Hill had an OUTSTANDING DEFENSE in their championship years. If you are one dimensional on offense...fine...run it, pass it, but move the ball. More importantly...stop the other team with your defense. Devine doesnt seem to have a history this year of doing that. Add to it Wimberley's prolific offense...i see trouble for Devine.

Run hard Sadler...we are proud to be able to see you do your thing!

regaleagle
11-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Even though I have not seen this Wimberley Texan team play, I have read much and seen video clips of their talented players and team in action. No doubt, Wimberley is the most athletic team and should win this contest. Devine does have some athletic prowress on their side of the ball also, but the team as a whole just does not match up well against Wimberley. I know many fans in Region 2 and maybe even other regions are assuming our battle this weekend with Gilmer vs. Argyle will determine the eventual state champion. I'm not one of them. Here's Wimberley sittin' in the cat bird's seat licking their chops and quietly getting healthier each week while just winning each week no problemo. I see a great football game looming on the horizon at Jerryworld for the 3a Dii title. And WHS Texans will be in that game, IMHO. And the game will be a toss-up, barring injuries. So that's my take on not only this week's game, but the Wimberley Texans.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Are you going to be there? (Sorry, haven't read the entire thread lol.) There's a chance we will be there!

Oh, and if any of you want/need a halftime "break" in the parking lot, they have some SERIOUS security guards. ;)

Wait.......what side are you sitting on? :devil:

wimbo_pro
11-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Are you going to be there? (Sorry, haven't read the entire thread lol.) There's a chance we will be there!

Wait.......what side are you sitting on? :devil:

Not the Wimberley side...for obvious reasons....LOL

pirate4state
11-28-2011, 09:47 PM
I will be there. I'm watching Calallen at 2 there so whatever side they are on.

Wimpy for your information I sat on the Wimberley side last week. :taunt:

ogg
11-28-2011, 10:06 PM
I just have a hard time seeing a one dimensional team beating us. Some may say "Liberty Hill was one dimensional"...but they forget one thing. Liberty Hill had an OUTSTANDING DEFENSE in their championship years. If you are one dimensional on offense...fine...run it, pass it, but move the ball. More importantly...stop the other team with your defense. Devine doesnt seem to have a history this year of doing that. Add to it Wimberley's prolific offense...i see trouble for Devine.

Run hard Sadler...we are proud to be able to see you do your thing!
So true Wimbo, LH would pound and grind the ball, use up half a quarter and score. Then turn around and stop you with their D. Couple of times per game they would throw a rainbow pass incomplete. Good times, good times.

YTBulldogs
11-28-2011, 10:13 PM
What happened? We had a good time when we met! Well...ok...I did!

No Wimbo, I had a great time meeting you. It's just that getting more 3ADL'ers to gather has not went off well of late. In Sinton, I screwed up and didn't exit the stadium for the gathering and missed meeting some new folks. I was by the ticket booth like planned, but---inside the stadium like a dummy. Grrrr.

HSFB
11-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Check out the stats from the Sweeny game...

http://www.statesman.com/news/stats/sports/controller?School=&Schedule=435383&Season=9&AltAction=&coxnet_site_id=6801&Venue=&Page=schedule_list&Player=&Nav=schdresults&Sport=1&Class=-1

Awesome D against a team that was averaging 36 points in it's last 3 games.

The D did play very well. Great execution by the players and consistent outstanding prep and schemes by the staff in getting the D ready to compete against different type of O attacks from week to week. There were many plays where the Sweeny RB's had to alter their path which enabled the swarming pursuit to smother the play. The D has really only had one "off" game this year. Outside of that, they have been pretty salty from week to week and may be peaking at just the right time.

I have to give the OL a little kudos as well. I did not realize that we were that effective on the ground until I saw the stats so thanks for posting. Morris broke off his usual long run which is always fun to watch, Smith got his physical yards up the gut of their D which makes the 9yrd. average per tote even more impressive & Wilson nicely caught the corner on few from what I remember.

Attempts Yards Avg
Cameron Morris 1 35 35
Dennis Smith 6 54 9
Trinity Wilson 19 91 4.7

Man, I cannot wait until Smith gets healthy enough to where he can handle more of the load. This offense will then become even more of a nightmare to defend once that happens. Thunder and lightning or better yet, we can call it the Perfect Storm backfield :) . Ok, that is pretty damn corny so I'll stop. It has been a loooong Monday.

The OL has its struggles at times but there was some good in there too from the Sweeny game based on the rushing stats. There are also times when the hole is there but the RB does not cut it up and there are times when the protection is good but the pass play breaks down due to variables beyond their control. They get all the grief when things break down and almost zero glory when things go right.

hookandladder
11-29-2011, 06:38 AM
A little Sadler love from the Austin American

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/wimberley/wimberley-about-to-face-running-back-joseph-sadler-1997875.html

That picture is from our game in 2009, that game was over at halftime. No contest.

Gone Fishing
11-29-2011, 09:05 AM
The D did play very well. Great execution by the players and consistent outstanding prep and schemes by the staff in getting the D ready to compete against different type of O attacks from week to week. There were many plays where the Sweeny RB's had to alter their path which enabled the swarming pursuit to smother the play. The D has really only had one "off" game this year. Outside of that, they have been pretty salty from week to week and may be peaking at just the right time.

I have to give the OL a little kudos as well. I did not realize that we were that effective on the ground until I saw the stats so thanks for posting. Morris broke off his usual long run which is always fun to watch, Smith got his physical yards up the gut of their D which makes the 9yrd. average per tote even more impressive & Wilson nicely caught the corner on few from what I remember.

Attempts Yards Avg
Cameron Morris 1 35 35
Dennis Smith 6 54 9
Trinity Wilson 19 91 4.7

Man, I cannot wait until Smith gets healthy enough to where he can handle more of the load. This offense will then become even more of a nightmare to defend once that happens. Thunder and lightning or better yet, we can call it the Perfect Storm backfield :) . Ok, that is pretty damn corny so I'll stop. It has been a loooong Monday.

The OL has its struggles at times but there was some good in there too from the Sweeny game based on the rushing stats. There are also times when the hole is there but the RB does not cut it up and there are times when the protection is good but the pass play breaks down due to variables beyond their control. They get all the grief when things break down and almost zero glory when things go right.

Hsfb, I agree with you most of the time on all your thinking, but this is like the 6th time in a week you have worn out the Smith needs to get the carries more and Smith getting more healthy. My understanding is Smith is pretty healthy. The coaches are playing him like they want and nine yards for six carries is sweet. ( a couple of passes too) He is a big time factor on defense and we know we need that more than we ever have this week. Chill on Smith hsfb, let the coaches have him where it most benefits the "team" . Yes Smith with 25 carries would be a power O but would the D be as good? The Defense is peaking at the right time and it includes Smith in it full time. IMO.

Manso/V8
11-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Do any of the Wimberley folks think that Smith might have a better shot at a D-1 offer at LB?
What is his height and weight now?
I am wishing the best for this young man.

Red&White_9x5
11-29-2011, 09:32 AM
I haven't seen wither team this year. However, I have heard and read a ton about the Texans and their high powered offense/ shut down defense. On the Devine side, the Sadler kid apparently is a STUD. My question is this: Wimberley seems to have a ton of talent and experience so I am going to say there is no way they let one player beat them. So, what else does Devine have besides Sadler that can keep them in this ballgame?

YTBulldogs
11-29-2011, 09:42 AM
I haven't seen wither team this year. However, I have heard and read a ton about the Texans and their high powered offense/ shut down defense. On the Devine side, the Sadler kid apparently is a STUD. My question is this: Wimberley seems to have a ton of talent and experience so I am going to say there is no way they let one player beat them. So, what else does Devine have besides Sadler that can keep them in this ballgame?

A descent number two RB#25, a big wideout and #9 the QB who appears very accurate when he does throw. But, like many have said, the question is-----can Devines "D" stop the Texans?

Los Owls
11-29-2011, 10:06 AM
If the rain comes down saturday like the weather man says,We could have a track meet..Rain would benefit Devine...Should be interesting.:1popcorn:

YTBulldogs
11-29-2011, 10:08 AM
If the rain comes down saturday like the weather man says,We could have a track meet..Rain would benefit Devine...Should be interesting.:1popcorn:

Why benefit Devine? Just curious. WT receivers know where they are going, Devine's secondary don't on a slippery turf.

All those tosses to Sadler with a wet ball, might cause issue's too, no?

Lovesfootball
11-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Why benefit Devine? Just curious. WT receivers know where they are going, Devine's secondary don't on a slippery turf.

All those tosses to Sadler with a wet ball, might cause issue's too, no?

Rain usually benefits a running offense. Throwing is much more difficult so that is why they are probably saying it will benefit Devine. This is going to be a fun game to watch. The last time I remember Devine playing Wimberley was in 2005 and it was a hell of a 1st half. I think the score was 3-0 Wimberely at half. The second half they came out and dominated though. We would like to see a little revenge but this is a very good Wimberely team. I know Devine's D hasn't looked good at times but I also think it is important to note that in big games they have played at the level of thier competition. ie..the Devine D that played against Liberty Hill wasn't the same D you saw vs Wharton. I think they will stiffen up quite a bit based on the talent alone. Sounds stupid but it has proven to be true. Pulling for the Warhorses on this one. We Believe

YTBulldogs
11-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Rain usually benefits a running offense. Throwing is much more difficult so that is why they are probably saying it will benefit Devine. This is going to be a fun game to watch. The last time I remember Devine playing Wimberley was in 2005 and it was a hell of a 1st half. I think the score was 3-0 Wimberely at half. The second half they came out and dominated though. We would like to see a little revenge but this is a very good Wimberely team. I know Devine's D hasn't looked good at times but I also think it is important to note that in big games they have played at the level of thier competition. ie..the Devine D that played against Liberty Hill wasn't the same D you saw vs Wharton. I think they will stiffen up quite a bit based on the talent alone. Sounds stupid but it has proven to be true. Pulling for the Warhorses on this one. We Believe

Seen many games as a fan or official, and I say a passing team has the advantage in rain games. Poor secondary making those quick adjustments on WR cuts, usually loose footing trying to cover a receiver that knows where he is going on the route. I just don't see the rain being a disadvantage to WT. Now a stiff wind might somewhat.

Sportshack
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM

Games are often about matchups. The Devine O-Line is big and works really well as a unit. TE's are aggressive. The QB's and RB's also get in on blocking schemes. 10 blocking for one and the one is good. WHS starting d-line is mostly smaller and very quick and well coached scheme wise. MAy be a tough match up agains big O-line that keeps it tight. WHS does rotate in some reasonably thick kids at DT. The quickness and athleticism of the D-line works well against many teams. SHould ne topugher sledding agaist this group. They are all battlers though. The WHS linebacking corp is really good and again really well coached so that will help in this matchup against Devine's strength. That is the reality of the situation to me.

The other side of the ball might pose the same type of challenge for Devine. WHS is very multiple and diverse in how they attack a defense. Spread, I-formation, sprint out passes short and long, drop back passess, screen passes, toss sweeps, QB draws, GT pulls, fullback dives, single back set, 2-back set, tight end, 4-wide. Also QB is deceptively good runner if forced to scramble. It becomes difficult to determine patterns. Is interestingly tiring to a defense as is the Devine offense.

I think it will be good game. I am getting more and more concerned about vaunted Devine running game. I heard a comment about Devine maybe not being a fast defense. That was an observation from the Wharton game posted. Not sure if that is accurate.

Wimberley will have to execute very well on offense and hang in there against great Devine offense.

Tejastrue
11-29-2011, 11:41 AM
A bit more from the Statesman...

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/varsitynews/entries/2011/11/29/prepped_and_rea_28.html?cxntfid=blogs_varsity_news

lbjacj
11-29-2011, 12:22 PM
A bit more from the Statesman...

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/varsitynews/entries/2011/11/29/prepped_and_rea_28.html?cxntfid=blogs_varsity_news

You heard it here first. Rick Cantu "One man cannot be Wimberley. Wimberley is goint to the stae finals this year" :cheerl::clap:

HSFB
11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Hsfb, I agree with you most of the time on all your thinking, but this is like the 6th time in a week you have worn out the Smith needs to get the carries more and Smith getting more healthy. My understanding is Smith is pretty healthy. The coaches are playing him like they want and nine yards for six carries is sweet. ( a couple of passes too) He is a big time factor on defense and we know we need that more than we ever have this week. Chill on Smith hsfb, let the coaches have him where it most benefits the "team" . Yes Smith with 25 carries would be a power O but would the D be as good? The Defense is peaking at the right time and it includes Smith in it full time. IMO.

I understand your point and always enjoy your direct posts but at no time this week have I said that “Smith needs to get more carries”. 6 Times????? My ONE comment that could be close to that is where I speculated that his foot has not healed 100% and that I was looking forward to him getting there so that he could carry a larger load and I think we are starting to gradually see that. I do not think that is an off speculation considering he has missed significant time for the past two years due to that injury. However, if you are anyone else asked me then I would say yes and that is simply my humble opinion as a fan, nothing else. No one is being questioned. Just stating a very simple opinion.

“let the coaches have him where it most benefits the "team"”. Yeah, ok, permission granted…laugh my azz off. Again, my comments are just my humble opinion that I would discuss with you or anyone else as a fan of the program and yes, even the coaches but those guys do not listen to dumbazz fan talk nor should they. It is well known that I have always had great respect for these guys and my stance on that is that it is their profession and they are obviously pretty damn good at it.

Good point on defense. I also feel that they are peaking and D really does win championships so I LOVE seeing him on that side of the ball as well. Boy, what a dilemma and luxury.

The Devine OL looks outstanding…..makes me nervous. We need to keep those guys off the field as much as possible. Anyone know if any of the Devine OL'men play both ways?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Here's the Devine/Wharton game if you haven't seen it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0PyQRV-xHI

Gone Fishing
11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
I understand your point and always enjoy your direct posts but at no time this week have I said that “Smith needs to get more carries”. 6 Times????? My ONE comment that could be close to that is where I speculated that his foot has not healed 100% and that I was looking forward to him getting there so that he could carry a larger load and I think we are starting to gradually see that. I do not think that is an off speculation considering he has missed significant time for the past two years due to that injury. However, if you are anyone else asked me then I would say yes and that is simply my humble opinion as a fan, nothing else. No one is being questioned. Just stating a very simple opinion.

“let the coaches have him where it most benefits the "team"”. Yeah, ok, permission granted…laugh my azz off. Again, my comments are just my humble opinion that I would discuss with you or anyone else as a fan of the program and yes, even the coaches but those guys do not listen to dumbazz fan talk nor should they. It is well known that I have always had great respect for these guys and my stance on that is that it is their profession and they are obviously pretty damn good at it.

Good point on defense. I also feel that they are peaking and D really does win championships so I LOVE seeing him on that side of the ball as well. Boy, what a dilemma and luxury.

The Devine OL looks outstanding…..makes me nervous. We need to keep those guys off the field as much as possible. Anyone know if any of the Devine OL'men play both ways?

Yeah ok maybe 3 times. LOL Im not good at typing and usually do just put my direct opinion out there. LOL I always agree with you just like to tweek it alittle. I too wonder what stats would be there if Dennis got 45 touches every game for 13 games. Or Trent for that matter, or Kelley for that matter, or Morris for that matter. Laugh way out loud!!
But we are a balanced offense and I love it that way. Damn near 50/50.

I to wonder how many they have going both ways. I know we started to wear down Taylor in the fourth and Gonzales in the Third and Sweeny in the third. They all had a lot going both ways.
I could probably like Smith getting a few more carries you are right, but if not I would'nt mind seeing a few more slipped into Kellys gut when they least expect it too.

By the way, I'm nervous too. Thought Sport Shack was suppose to be the worrier.

Sportshack
11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Here's the Devine/Wharton game if you haven't seen it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0PyQRV-xHI

SFA...you are my new hero. That really provided a good look at both sides of ball. I do not think that Devine defense v Wimbeley offense is going to be a good match up for the Warhorses. Perhaps Wharton was much better than appeared. That Devine offense could be problems but I think Texans' coaches scheme very well. We will see.

Cam
11-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Hmmm....I'm beginning to wonder...maybe it is the year of the Warhorse!...Shoot, I just saw the previews to the new movie, "WARHORSE" coming out on December 25.......course, I'm sure the Wimberley folks will say they'll go watch it with their kids and their new championship rings!....not having seen either team, I'm not gonna predict this one....but I usually root for the underdog......enjoy the ride folks!...

YTBulldogs
11-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Watching the video and closer look, Devine "D" is in serious trouble. WT "O" way more potent then Whartons. WT can throw the ball along with successfully running it. Wharton QB was not a thrower at all.

YTBulldogs
11-29-2011, 02:28 PM

45-35.

Upon further review, I don't see Devine being able to stop WT at all. They had trouble with the Wharton offense, now--they'll face a more potent one, that can throw it as well as run it.

My heart wanted the Sadler Story to continue on, but--I just don't see how their "D" can slow down the Texans at all. My initial final score has been revised as well. :(

mike_angler
11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
First let me say that I am really glad that I made the long drive to Sinton to watch Sadler break the record in person. After seeing Devine, I just don't see how they can even slow down the Wimberley offense. When or if Devine has to start passing the ball without the benefit of surprise and play action the game will really start to spiral out of control for them. The Texans D will have their hands full trying to contain Sadler, and I think they will slow him down enough to pull away as the game goes on. Wimberley 48 Devine 21.

Los Owls
11-29-2011, 02:50 PM
SFA...you are my new hero. That really provided a good look at both sides of ball. I do not think that Devine defense v Wimbeley offense is going to be a good match up for the Warhorses. Perhaps Wharton was much better than appeared. That Devine offense could be problems but I think Texans' coaches scheme very well. We will see.
The more i see this video of the horses OL,wimberley better not have a bad night...Sadler and the boys look dangerous..Wharton had some good speed and Devine still took care of business...Hope it pours saturday night....

YTBulldogs
11-29-2011, 02:51 PM
First let me say that I am really glad that I made the long drive to Sinton to watch Sadler break the record in person. After seeing Devine, I just don't see how they can even slow down the Wimberley offense. When or if Devine has to start passing the ball without the benefit of surprise and play action the game will really start to spiral out of control for them. The Texans D will have their hands full trying to contain Sadler, and I think they will slow him down enough to pull away as the game goes on. Wimberley 48 Devine 21.

I'm predicting a 63-28 Texan victory.

YTBulldogs
11-29-2011, 02:53 PM
The more i see this video of the horses OL,wimberley better not have a bad night...Sadler and the boys look dangerous..Wharton had some good speed and Devine still took care of business...Hope it pours saturday night....

Giving up 42 points isn't taking care of business IMO. Had Wharton just ran the ball, and not try to throw it, they could of won the game.

Los Owls
11-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Giving up 42 points isn't taking care of business IMO. Had Wharton just ran the ball, and not try to throw it, they could of won the game.
Thats what happens when you play catch up ball,need to pass and it took Wharton out of their game plan..Devine got the WIN,regardless of giving up 42 points,LH only scored 20 and horses still got the WIN...Every week it's a different team and different score...Highschool football is wacko everyweek,but it's fun...:sleeping:

YTBulldogs
11-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Thats what happens when you play catch up ball,need to pass and it took Wharton out of their game plan..Devine got the WIN,regardless of giving up 42 points,LH only scored 20 and horses still got the WIN...Every week it's a different team and different score...Highschool football is wacko everyweek,but it's fun...:sleeping:

Yup, it's fun LO.

I just see the roles being reversed here. And due to Devine having no "D" to stop WT, they will be the one playing catchup here. Big fan of the "Gingerbread Man", and he'll set the National scoring mark, but--not enough in the end to win the game.

Devine capitalized on some Wharton TO's, that will not happen here. WT know's Devine will only pooch type kickoff, or bounce it along the turf and not kick it deep to Blakemore and company. They will be prepared to recover and not let Devine recover it like Wharton did. I see WT scoring every time they get the ball, so---Devine would need some turnovers like this and WT will not give them up like the Tigers did. I know for a fact, Texan QB Lambert will not throw in double, triple coverage either and create a easy INT, like #15 did.

63-28, Texans move on.

Lovesfootball
11-29-2011, 04:00 PM
I tried to post earlier but I don't think it worked. There is much talk of a suspect Defense from Devine and for good reason. You can't give up 42 points and win every week. someone will slow you down at some point. But i think it is important to note that the Warhorse D stiffens up when needed to. The D we watched against Liberty Hill isn't the same D we saw against Wharton. When the game looked like it was going to get away the D stepped up and came up with some big plays. We will see how they play against this WT offense and I hope it is more like the Liberty Hill or Sam Houston game than the Wharton game. That was the worst our D played since the regular season.

Sportshack
11-29-2011, 04:20 PM
I tried to post earlier but I don't think it worked. There is much talk of a suspect Defense from Devine and for good reason. You can't give up 42 points and win every week. someone will slow you down at some point. But i think it is important to note that the Warhorse D stiffens up when needed to. The D we watched against Liberty Hill isn't the same D we saw against Wharton. When the game looked like it was going to get away the D stepped up and came up with some big plays. We will see how they play against this WT offense and I hope it is more like the Liberty Hill or Sam Houston game than the Wharton game. That was the worst our D played since the regular season.

Good points. Any team can have a bad game, especially in a long season. I do not know much about Sam Houston other than what I read. I do know that Gonzales and LaVernia held them to 0 points.

YTBulldogs
11-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Sam Houston had some good athletes with poor mechanics. A well fundamental WT team would beat them by 30+ IMO.

What concerns me about Devine's defense is the yardage they gave up to their playoff opponents.

Sam Houston 348 (pass and rush)
LH 301 (mostly rushing)
Wharton 416 (mostly rushing)

And, none of these guys offense compares to the production a WT offense produces. But, that's why they play the game. Anything can happen when teenagers take the field. Love to see this one come down to the final play of the game.

rb585
11-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Do any of the Wimberley folks think that Smith might have a better shot at a D-1 offer at LB?

I've said that since he was a sophomore. He's not a college running back. Watch Trinity Wilson run, and watch Dennis run, and there's no doubt. Gawd, if Trinity had Dennis' size.

YTBulldogs
11-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Rain might not be that bad now I see.

Los Owls
11-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Sam Houston had some good athletes with poor mechanics. A well fundamental WT team would beat them by 30+ IMO.

What concerns me about Devine's defense is the yardage they gave up to their playoff opponents.

LH 301 (mostly rushing)

And, none of these guys offense compares to the production a WT offense produces. But, that's why they play the game. Anything can happen when teenagers take the field. Love to see this one come down to the final play of the game.
That's alot,i agree...Still Sadler and the boys came out victorious...Hmmm,maybe the Gods are looking over the Gingerbread Man and his boys....:1popcorn:

ogg
11-29-2011, 05:39 PM

LH 301 (mostly rushing)

Oh no, please, not the final play of the game.

warhorsejoe
11-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Sadler will be on the radio tomorrow afternoon with Kenneth Hall at about 3:20 pm. It will be on station 1250 am with host, Jason Minnix. Should be an interesting show.

:1popcorn::1popcorn:

Sportshack
11-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Sadler will be on the radio tomorrow afternoon with Kenneth Hall at about 3:20 pm. It will be on station 1250 am with host, Jason Minnix. Should be an interesting show.

:1popcorn::1popcorn:

Awesome!!! One of the times of his life!!

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2011, 06:23 PM
I will be there. I'm watching Calallen at 2 there so whatever side they are on.
IF (and that's a BIG if) my car is ready Friday, we'll likely take Brandon's car back to him Saturday. Depending on when we leave, we will probably try to catch both, but for sure the 3A game. So, we're iffy, but would LOVE to ring my bell with you. :) I'll let you know!

Oh, and for any of you M&G'ers that are up for it, let me know!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2011, 06:30 PM
If Sadler runs like this, it'll be a high scoring game :)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/MARLINDOGS/footballonacidp1.gif

SHSBulldog00
11-29-2011, 06:44 PM
For the Devine Fans

http://youtu.be/B7lf9HgFAwQ

Could it be?

Los Owls
11-29-2011, 07:11 PM
For the Devine Fans

http://youtu.be/B7lf9HgFAwQ

Could it be?
Yep,it is Sadler in a disguise...

OldNavy
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
If Sadler runs like this, it'll be a high scoring game :)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/MARLINDOGS/footballonacidp1.gif

That looked like a beaver, not a war horse.

Sportshack
11-29-2011, 07:44 PM

IMO the Wharton RB's got to the second level very easy over and over and the RB's made the tacklers miss. Just saying. No doubt there was some poor tackling but that was likely a superior athlete thing.

SHSBulldog00
11-29-2011, 07:57 PM
That looked like a beaver, not a war horse.

Did somebody say Beaver?:inlove:

lbjacj
11-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Check out Devine's defensive and schedule ranking. Sam Houston was their highest rated opponent.

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/txhsfbratings.php?year=2011&class=3A

Win Probability
Devine 0.178%
Wimberley 0.822%

Los Owls
11-30-2011, 03:57 AM
Football: Q&A with Devine’s Joseph Sadler

You may have heard that Devine running back Joseph Sadler shattered Kenneth Hall’s 58-year-old single-season scoring record against Wharton over the weekend. Sadler needed five points to eclipse Hall’s 395. He scored 50 in the 56-42 victory.

The Gingerbread Man is a record-breaking machine.

He also broke the area record for season rushing yards (3,680) previously held by Reagan’s Marcus Wright (3,374). And he’s got other records in his sights, including the national scoring record: 453, set by Indiana’s Brett Law in 1988. Sadler sits at 441 points heading into Devine’s state quarterfinal game against Wimberley.

I went out to Warhorse country yesterday to catch up with Sadler and see what it feels like to be one of the greatest RBs in state history.

So you needed five points to break the record…you scored 10 times that. How does that happen?

Joseph Sadler: During the game, I was just worrying about keep scoring so we could get the lead and the victory. It really didn’t set in until after the game. It was a great deal. It was really cool. It was an amazing, great feeling to say that I’ve got that record now. It was even better that we came out on top. If we would have lost it wouldn’t have been so great.

What was the post-game reaction from the fans like?

JS: Normal stuff. ‘Great game, congratulations on getting the record.’ When we got back to Devine, there were freaking cars lined up all down the town and people yelling for us and stuff. It was pretty cool. We have great fans, man. They proved they’ll go two hours to watch us play.

Was it a relief to finally get the record out of the way?

JS: I guess so. It was pretty cool to finally have that record. It’s not something that people are going to ask me now, ‘Are you going to get the record this week? How many more points do you need?’ We can finally now just focus on the task at hand and that’s going and winning football games.

Well there is that national scoring record…you’re just 13 points from it.

JS: I read the Express-News and stuff and I’ve seen that one in there. That’s pretty cool. I don’t if as many people know about that one because everyone has just been talking about the state record.

Well, to most football fans, Texas matters way more than the national one.

JS: Around here I guess. More people know about Kenneth Hall then they did that other guy because he was from Texas, one of the great running backs to play here.

Have you heard from Kenneth Hall?

JS: Not yet. I heard he wants to give me a call. I think he’s going to be at the Wimberley game. That’s going to be a real cool deal to finally meet him. I heard he’s a real nice guy.

Sadler and the Devine Warhorses play Wimberley at 7 p.m. Saturday at Comalander Stadium.

warhorsejoe
11-30-2011, 04:55 AM
Great read.

I've also found this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/highschool/11/29/joseph-sadler/index.html

gameface
11-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Sadler up the horses fellas-Texans will facilitate b-ball season! Wimberly ready to provide bruising to the flank with sharp spurs this weekend.

Lovesfootball
11-30-2011, 08:36 AM
IMO the Wharton RB's got to the second level very easy over and over and the RB's made the tacklers miss. Just saying. No doubt there was some poor tackling but that was likely a superior athlete thing.

This is true and I am not arguing that point of it. Wharton, Sam Houston and everyone else had better athletes on their offense than we did on our defense for the most part and I believe that WT will too. What I meant to say was that the D has risen to the occasion. Not enough to be noticed and shut people out but enough to allow whatever the offensive production was, to be enough. If we're not scoring alot the D will stiffen up. Whenever the offense is having a big game it kind of seems like they lay back. Devine doesn't match up on paper with WT and everyone outside of Devine will probably count them out on this one. But there are some factors that aren't quantifiable here. Those are the ones we have always and will continue to bank on.

YTBulldogs
11-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Here is what I think needs to happen for Devine to have a legit chance in winning this game. And, they are capable of doing these things.

1.) Long sustained drives. Snap the ball with :01 on :25 clock. Eat up the clock is paramount this week. These drives needs to end more times then not, in TD's.

2.) On side kick following each Warhorse score and take your chances in recovering it. Regardless if WT set's up at your 30 or at midfield, they will score most often on that possession. This helps limit their overall possessions. Also, never, ever punt it to Blakemore. Angle punt it, and hopefully it will sail out of bounds.

3.) Devine will need to throw on some first downs and try to keep the WT defense off balance, and get the 9, 10 defenders out of the box, with all eyes on Sadler. #25 will need to have some successful carry's as well. Each of these guys #9 (TD pass) and #25 will need a score in this game. Can't just all be Sadler's points.

4.) Always keep a defender home on the back side, awaiting the Texan screen pass that will be coming. Lambert will roll to one hash, and the screen will be set up on the other. Work of art to see.

5.) Create 3 WT turnovers, and limit penalties that places you in long yardage to get a first down.

Sportshack
11-30-2011, 11:25 AM
This is true and I am not arguing that point of it. Wharton, Sam Houston and everyone else had better athletes on their offense than we did on our defense for the most part and I believe that WT will too. What I meant to say was that the D has risen to the occasion. Not enough to be noticed and shut people out but enough to allow whatever the offensive production was, to be enough. If we're not scoring alot the D will stiffen up. Whenever the offense is having a big game it kind of seems like they lay back. Devine doesn't match up on paper with WT and everyone outside of Devine will probably count them out on this one. But there are some factors that aren't quantifiable here. Those are the ones we have always and will continue to bank on.

Gotcha...does not matter how much a team gives up just that they score more than opponent. It has been so in playoffs so far. 13-0 is not easy. Unquantifiable factors have to come into play. Of course Texans are undefeated as well. Hopefully they will win the battle of both quantifiable and unquantifiable factors.

Lovesfootball
11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Here is what I think needs to happen for Devine to have a legit chance in winning this game. And, they are capable of doing these things.

1.) Long sustained drives. Snap the ball with :01 on :25 clock. Eat up the clock is paramount this week. These drives needs to end more times then not, in TD's.

2.) On side kick following each Warhorse score and take your chances in recovering it. Regardless if WT set's up at your 30 or at midfield, they will score most often on that possession. This helps limit their overall possessions. Also, never, ever punt it to Blakemore. Angle punt it, and hopefully it will sail out of bounds.

3.) Devine will need to throw on some first downs and try to keep the WT defense off balance, and get the 9, 10 defenders out of the box, with all eyes on Sadler. #25 will need to have some successful carry's as well. Each of these guys #9 (TD pass) and #25 will need a score in this game. Can't just all be Sadler's points.

4.) Always keep a defender home on the back side, awaiting the Texan screen pass that will be coming. Lambert will roll to one hash, and the screen will be set up on the other. Work of art to see.

5.) Create 3 WT turnovers, and limit penalties that places you in long yardage to get a first down.

I completely agree. Well said. So which of the 4 regions is typically the strongest? JW

Lovesfootball
11-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Gotcha...does not matter how much a team gives up just that they score more than opponent. It has been so in playoffs so far. 13-0 is not easy. Unquantifiable factors have to come into play. Of course Texans are undefeated as well. Hopefully they will win the battle of both quantifiable and unquantifiable factors.

Hopefully not lol. But they will only be told on the grid iron. I foresee a good fun game for the fans to watch. That is my only prediction that I have confidence in.

SintonFan
11-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Did somebody say Beaver?:inlove:

Eager??? ;)

lbjacj
11-30-2011, 11:48 AM
rumor if WOS wins the next game would be in The Astrodome?? Please no!?
And if Coldspring wins it would be in Waco. Yes please?
But first things first. Stop the Sadler Express.

Does anyone know if they will clear the stands between games at Comalander? I don't think they do but you never know. I know that they are not allowing any tailgating in the parking lot.

YTBulldogs
11-30-2011, 11:53 AM
rumor if WOS wins the next game would be in The Astrodome?? Please no!?
And if Coldspring wins it would be in Waco. Yes please?
But first things first. Stop the Sadler Express.

Does anyone know if they will clear the stands between games at Comalander? I don't think they do but you never know. I know that they are not allowing any tailgating in the parking lot.

At this stadium, I've heard they will. Maybe Wimbo can take us out for dinner. Just seen you said no tailgating. Party poopers.

Los Owls
11-30-2011, 02:09 PM

Horses will have no problem,thanks for the info....Horses will advance 35 - 21

bjrod9
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM

I sure hope you're right!

YTBulldogs
11-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Horses will have no problem, Horses will advance 35 - 21

Not even a tad LO?:ack!:

Tejastrue
11-30-2011, 03:26 PM

:spitlol::spitlol::spitlol:

Sportshack
11-30-2011, 03:54 PM

Dern...I guess I will not bother to drive to San Antonio as this guy is sports savvy!!!:stirpot: On the other hand he recently predicted on another thread that the Hondo Owls basketball team would put a whuppin on the Wimberley Texans basketball team when they came to Hondo to open their season last week. I explained to him that could be true as there were 3 to 4 major contributors to the basketball program that were planning to be playing football for the foreseeable future. What are you gonna do? Interestingly, the Texans put a beat down on the Owls in that basketball game playing at quite a bit less than full strength. Kudos to the Texans' basketball guys. :clap:

Soooooo....based on aforementioned homer blind (aren't Lost Owls supposed to have excellent vision) prognostications...I think that I will DVR the Horns' game and head over to Colamander Stadium on the off chance that the Texans can also play a little foosball. Like I said before...a dern LUCKY CHARM!!! :tisk:

bjrod9
11-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Great read.

I've also found this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/highschool/11/29/joseph-sadler/index.html

awesome story!

lbjacj
11-30-2011, 05:41 PM

Have you even looked at the stats. Wimberley scores at a minimum 35 points against their D and YTBulldogs will probably be closer with his 63 point prediction. That means their O will have do something no other teams have been able to do and that is outscore the Texan's O against a Texans D that is playing better than it has since the 2005 Code Red team won the championship! I just can't see it?

YTBulldogs
11-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Have you even looked at the stats. Wimberley scores at a minimum 35 points against their D and YTBulldogs will probably be closer with his 63 point prediction. That means their O will have do something no other teams have been able to do and that is outscore the Texan's O against a Texans D that is playing better than it has since the 2005 Code Red team won the championship! I just can't see it?

I wanted to see Devine make a real game out of this for the "Sadler Story", but---looking at the facts/stat's, don't see it happening without some major mishaps on WT side.

Los Owls
11-30-2011, 06:09 PM
C'mon...Seriously...You really think Wimberley is gonna beat Sadler and his boys,forget the stats Wimberley has done all year and all the blah,blah,blah..Sadler and his boys come in to SA and gallop by the Texans...Sadler and his boys get ready for semi-finals next week...I don't think the wimberley fanatics like to hear the truth.We all can't agree all the time.LOL...

YTBulldogs
11-30-2011, 06:27 PM
C'mon...Seriously...You really think Wimberley is gonna beat Sadler and his boys,forget the stats Wimberley has done all year and all the blah,blah,blah..Sadler and his boys come in to SA and gallop by the Texans...Sadler and his boys get ready for semi-finals next week...I don't think the wimberley fanatics like to hear the truth.We all can't agree all the time.LOL...

You dern sure a loyal district fan LO. Sounds like me when GZ was still in it. Guess who knocked them out bigtime? :eek:

Los Owls
11-30-2011, 06:53 PM
You dern sure a loyal district fan LO. Sounds like me when GZ was still in it. Guess who knocked them out bigtime? :eek:
I wish Hondo and Devine would be in Wimberleys district next year..Texans would be fighting for a playoff spot...LOL...:cheerl:

Roughneck93
11-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Devine's defense concerns me. Going with the Texans by a couple of TDs.

lbjacj
11-30-2011, 07:10 PM
The Man...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Kenneth_Hall.jpg

supposedly will be at the game Saturday!:clap:

Roughneck93
11-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Devine's defense concerns me. Going with the Texans by a couple of TDs.Good luck to The Gingerbread Man though. Hope he breaks the national scoring record.

Sportshack
11-30-2011, 07:23 PM
I wish Hondo and Devine would be in Wimberleys district next year..Texans would be fighting for a playoff spot...LOL...:cheerl:

Dang Lost Owls but I admire your passion for your neighbors in Devine!!! You might just prove to be correct...you are starting to make a believer of me...it could happen. :2thumbsup The Warhorses can definitely run with the BIG DOGS...they have proved it.

Gone Fishing
11-30-2011, 07:24 PM

Not so fast LO. Texans have a lot of Jrs and even a couple of soph's starting or getting lots of playing time. Also some that are playing special teams or a little playing time that are learning much about varsity speed and winning tradition. You might not like what you wish for.

Sportshack
11-30-2011, 07:33 PM

Rut Ro...PUI...posting under the influence!!!! :taunt: The dang CFO in Aggieland did same thing and its gonna cost him his J-O-B!!

warhorsejoe
11-30-2011, 07:38 PM
The Man...

Kenneth Hall on his phone interview with Joseph Sadler he stated that "I may want to be there" Great interview!

rb585
11-30-2011, 08:26 PM

Solid, well reasoned argument that I can't find a single hole in.

You've sold me...

Devine 186, Wimberley -4

Sportshack
11-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Solid, well reasoned argument that I can't find a single hole in.

You've sold me...

Devine 186, Wimberley -4

:fnypost:

lbjacj
11-30-2011, 09:32 PM
How does it end??

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568911/

HSFB
11-30-2011, 10:11 PM
The Man...

What makes Hall's records even more impressive is that he was usually out of the game at halftime due to his team being so far ahead.. The same cannot be said for Sadler and Gray from Aledo but outstanding achievements none-the-less.

wimbo_pro
11-30-2011, 11:02 PM

Very thoughtful comments...thorough, relavent and timely.

Now shut up YTB. LOLOL

wimbo_pro
11-30-2011, 11:04 PM

I am glad to see Devine supporters here rooting for their team...if we are lucky enough to advance, we will find ourselves as the underdog and will be saying much the same stuff!!!

wimbo_pro
11-30-2011, 11:05 PM

Haven't you predicted our loss in each of the last 3 games? Like a broken clock, your chances of being correct will increase every time you are wrong@!

wimbo_pro
11-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Not so fast LO. Texans have a lot of Jrs and even a couple of soph's starting or getting lots of playing time. Also some that are playing special teams or a little playing time that are learning much about varsity speed and winning tradition. You might not like what you wish for.

Hope you are right, Gone Fishing. But when you are returning only 5-7 starters, history says you will be taking a big step down. Not always true,,,,,but is usually true.

bulldog82
12-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Get so tired of hearing how great WT is and and how DW doesn't stand a chance. But when DW supporters want to voice their opinion WT peeps go and get all sarcastic. Hell lets just give WT the trophy so they can move on and start dissing the next team. DW has just as much right to support thier players and comment with just as much confidence as WT. So, Sadler scores most of their points, their defense isn't their strong point and they don't have the depth as WT. Well, it's gotten them this far. This cr*p about don't kick to Blakemore, milk the clock, onside kicks, bla bla bla. Just line up and play your game, play clean error free and best team wins. Too bad weather may play apart.

ogg
12-01-2011, 01:01 AM

Almost every team Wimberley plays trys this blueprint, also remember what got Devine to this level----don't stray too far.

ogg
12-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Get so tired of hearing how great WT is and and how DW doesn't stand a chance. But when DW supporters want to voice their opinion WT peeps go and get all sarcastic. Hell lets just give WT the trophy so they can move on and start dissing the next team. DW has just as much right to support thier players and comment with just as much confidence as WT. So, Sadler scores most of their points, their defense isn't their strong point and they don't have the depth as WT. Well, it's gotten them this far. This cr*p about don't kick to Blakemore, milk the clock, onside kicks, bla bla bla. Just line up and play your game, play clean error free and best team wins. Too bad weather may play apart.

Totally agree, I think it'll be a very close game.

bulldog82
12-01-2011, 01:08 AM
WOW! Didn't exspect that kind of response.

Tejastrue
12-01-2011, 02:07 AM

How many Wimberley people here have dissed Devine? Zero I think. You've got one Loco Owl doing most of the trash talking and he's a Devine supporter. YTB is just enjoying being a part of this. Not sure if he's pulling for either team. Some of us may be tired of hearing the crap from people tired of hearing the crap.:wave:LOL...

With that said...I totally agree with your last couple of lines...

Lovesfootball
12-01-2011, 07:27 AM
What makes Hall's records even more impressive is that he was usually out of the game at halftime due to his team being so far ahead.. The same cannot be said for Sadler and Gray from Aledo but outstanding achievements none-the-less.

Sadler didn't play the second half of quite a few games. In one game he had 6 carries for 225 yards and 4 TDs. He has played all of the last 4 games though.

wimbo_pro
12-01-2011, 08:17 AM
I have no idea what thread this guy has been reading. Nothing but respect for Devine, though its obvious from the stats and to every sportswriter that the odds are in the favor of the WT. Nothing wrong with stating that. We all know that doesnt mean we automatically win, everyone knows that.

And every good coach knows to avoid the strengths of the other team. Your suggestion is a recipe for disaster. Using your logic, no need for scouting or even looking at films. Just show up and play. Silly.

Gone Fishing
12-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Hope you are right, Gone Fishing. But when you are returning only 5-7 starters, history says you will be taking a big step down. Not always true,,,,,but is usually true.

Maybe a step down for sure, I believe he said we would just be trying to make the playoffs. I think we would make the playoffs. Many good players back next year.

wimbo_pro
12-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Maybe a step down for sure, I believe he said we would just be trying to make the playoffs. I think we would make the playoffs. Many good players back next year.
I think we pretty much agree. We got some good kids waiting for their time, and yes i definitely think we will make the play offs... But it will be a much more competitive district.

Los Owls
12-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Your right bulldog82,Wimberley fanatics Go wAcKo when you talk against their texans..Just luv to get under their skin...They are funny..These guys love stats..:clap:Sadler and the boys will end their season..35 -21....Sadler has the Wimberley fanatics going CrAzY...LOL

warhorsejoe
12-01-2011, 09:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S87mM7WzsJg

New Video Devine Vs Wimberley. Let's see how the story ends.....

Los Owls
12-01-2011, 09:45 AM
How many Wimberley people here have dissed Devine? Zero I think. You've got one Loco Owl doing most of the trash talking and he's a Devine supporter. YTB is just enjoying being a part of this. Not sure if he's pulling for either team. Some of us may be tired of hearing the crap from people tired of hearing the crap.:wave:LOL...

With that said...I totally agree with your last couple of lines... I told you Bandera82,this Loco Owl has the WT fanatics going wAcKo already..Never trashed the Texans,just said Gonzales would beat them,never picked a winner for the Sweeny game,and picking Sadler and his boys over the texans 35-21..Just for that,Sadler and his boys 42-21..Ha Ha...No one can talk againsy the wimberleys cause they get their feelings HURT....These guys are funny...:1popcorn:

WARHORSE84
12-01-2011, 09:53 AM

I don't know about Gray but, Sadler was pulled usually by mid 2nd quarter or halftime in all but two games before playoffs began.

ogg
12-01-2011, 10:00 AM
I told you Bandera82,this Loco Owl has the WT fanatics going wAcKo already..Never trashed the Texans,just said Gonzales would beat them,never picked a winner for the Sweeny game,and picking Sadler and his boys over the texans 35-21..Just for that,Sadler and his boys 42-21..Ha Ha...No one can talk againsy the wimberleys cause they get their feelings HURT....These guys are funny...:1popcorn:

Are you going to the game?

Los Owls
12-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Are you going to the game?
No ,I hate HS Football....:confused:lol....That's a wAcKo question.

Sportshack
12-01-2011, 10:38 AM
I told you Bandera82,this Loco Owl has the WT fanatics going wAcKo already..Never trashed the Texans,just said Gonzales would beat them,never picked a winner for the Sweeny game,and picking Sadler and his boys over the texans 35-21..Just for that,Sadler and his boys 42-21..Ha Ha...No one can talk againsy the wimberleys cause they get their feelings HURT....These guys are funny...:1popcorn:

The only real fun we are having is creating our responses to Los Owls trash talking. We all know that he is just "poking the bear" and I love the responses he generates. I fyou read thread you will see for the most part the Texans indicate we think this based on that, etc. Almost always giving respect to a good Devine team. Heck...the bottom line is that if Wimberley cannot slow down the Devine offensive machine the game could either way regardless of how much Wimberley might score. I said before that when the Texans' offense is clicking that it is fun to watch. However, that type of offense relies on execution. We won't know until game gets going if Devine can match up well against WHS skills players. The Devine D-line looks big and that might work against WHS. Hard to know until one sees them play. They do not look paricularly mobile but that could have been just a dominant Wharton line. We still do not know if Devine's DB's can match up. If they can...who kknows maybe they slow down WHS. Just depends. Everyone is just speculating. I like the Texans' chances but fully acknowledge the Devine O might be too much. There ya go...no fanatacism on this side of ball...and none for other Devine supporters but Los. He has livened up the thread a bit. Good day.

Los Owls
12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
The only real fun we are having is creating our responses to Los Owls trash talking. We all know that he is just "poking the bear" and I love the responses he generates. I fyou read thread you will see for the most part the Texans indicate we think this based on that, etc. Almost always giving respect to a good Devine team. Heck...the bottom line is that if Wimberley cannot slow down the Devine offensive machine the game could either way regardless of how much Wimberley might score. I said before that when the Texans' offense is clicking that it is fun to watch. However, that type of offense relies on execution. We won't know until game gets going if Devine can match up well against WHS skills players. The Devine D-line looks big and that might work against WHS. Hard to know until one sees them play. They do not look paricularly mobile but that could have been just a dominant Wharton line. We still do not know if Devine's DB's can match up. If they can...who kknows maybe they slow down WHS. Just depends. Everyone is just speculating. I like the Texans' chances but fully acknowledge the Devine O might be too much. There ya go...no fanatacism on this side of ball...and none for other Devine supporters but Los. He has livened up the thread a bit. Good day.
Los Owls has finally found the sensitive side of sportshack..I did shed a couple of tears reading his sensitive post...Just for making me shed a couple of tears,i will take away a TD from Sadler...Sadler and his boys 35-21....Still have tears...:confused:

Sportshack
12-01-2011, 11:09 AM

Nice work Joe. You are indeed a great supporter of the Warhorses and have been all year. They are lucky to have you and you them. I rember a thread you started that inquired as to where the love was for the Devine Warhorses. You knew they were special and touted them all year when many others have doubted them based on shcedule, being one dimensional, etc. Count me in that group previously, but no more. They are legit. Both teams are legitimate Region IV title contenders and both also have their flaws. Will likely be a good game as it should be between two undefeated teams.

I pretty comfortable with picking the Texans but my opinion on that might change quickly once I get a first hand look at that awesome Warhorse scoring machine. How is that for a bit of Kumbaya!

Los Owls
12-01-2011, 11:14 AM

I honored to be in your video statements warhorsejoe....Good job....:1popcorn:i'm gonna see it again...

Los Owls
12-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Hey wimberley fanatics,they are talking about the Warhorses on the "ABC, the View"

Sportshack
12-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Los Owls has finally found the sensitive side of sportshack..I did shed a couple of tears reading his sensitive post...Just for making me shed a couple of tears,i will take away a TD from Sadler...Sadler and his boys 35-21....Still have tears...:confused:

In the likely event that Texans actually do win the game per the so-called experts...just promise me...puleease promise me that you will not jump on our bandwagon like you have done for your district mates...we like having you as our LUCKY CHARM. That would be a nicer and much more appreciated...believe you me... way to acknowledge my sensitive side than wasting tears you are probably gonna need!!! :weeping:

Los Owls
12-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Nice work Joe. You are indeed a great supporter of the Warhorses and have been all year. They are lucky to have you and you them. I rember a thread you started that inquired as to where the love was for the Devine Warhorses. You knew they were special and touted them all year when many others have doubted them based on shcedule, being one dimensional, etc. Count me in that group previously, but no more. They are legit. Both teams are legitimate Region IV title contenders and both also have their flaws. Will likely be a good game as it should be between two undefeated teams.

I pretty comfortable with picking the Texans but my opinion on that might change quickly once I get a first hand look at that awesome Warhorse scoring machine. How is that for a bit of Kumbaya!
Wow sportshack,Los Owls has finally put you back on earth..Some more tears....Please quit it..Another TD taken away from Sadler....28-21 Sadler and his boys....I know you want me to continue taking away more points from Sadler but,no more...lol

Sportshack
12-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Wow sportshack,Los Owls has finally put you back on earth..Some more tears....Please quit it..Another TD taken away from Sadler....28-21 Sadler and his boys....I know you want me to continue taking away more points from Sadler but,no more...lol

Nah...28 sounds about right for Warhorses...maybe a little ambitious...but certainly in the ballpark. You better hope the playmakers for Wimberley are not reading your comments on this thread...ay carumba!!!

ogg
12-01-2011, 11:35 AM
No ,I hate HS Football....:confused:lol....That's a wAcKo question.

Sorry, didn't know it your dad was driving you or not.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2011, 11:38 AM
one play that seem to work for Sweeny last week against Wimberley but kept getting called back for a penalty was the screen play. I believe i counted 3 times they ran it and each time had good yardage but none counted. That play usually works against teams that play agressive. We'll know right away if Devine line can create enough lanes for Sadler and company to run through within the first couple of series. thats the matchup that will determine this game, Devine offense vs Wimberley defense.

Los Owls
12-01-2011, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=Sportshack;1644830]puleease promise me that you will not jump on our bandwagon like you have done for your district mates..]
I will not jump on yalls bandwagon..I'm not a wimberley wAcKo fanatic,sorry...I have to support my 27AAA neighbors and of :clap:course they do have an ex-Owl player coaching there...He is the one that shows Sadler how to make all those moves...

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2011, 11:42 AM
I honored to be in your video statements warhorsejoe....Good job....:1popcorn:i'm gonna see it again... :) Hey i made it in the video also.

Los Owls
12-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Nah...28 sounds about right for Warhorses...maybe a little ambitious...but certainly in the ballpark. You better hope the playmakers for Wimberley are not reading your comments on this thread...ay carumba!!!
Wimberley players are not reading this thread...Did you ever see the movie "Rocky" when he is trying to get some more speed and he is in a coop trying to catch a chicken well,that's what the Wimberley players are doing right now on their field is trying to catch some ckickens..I know cause i just saw a truck full of chicken cages being dropped off at their stadium...Well,if they want to catch Sadler they better catch those chickens....lol...

Los Owls
12-01-2011, 12:34 PM
DEVINE — The scar runs the length of Case Frieda's right forearm, about 2 inches wide at points — almost like a shark took a bite out of his arm.

At least that's what the mischievous Frieda, a senior linebacker for Devine, likes to tell curious friends.

The reality of the scar — the result of life-saving surgery to remove cancer from his arm — isn't nearly as funny.

“That's why I tell them I got bit by a shark. Then people are like, ‘That's so cool,'” Frieda said. “If you say you had cancer, they feel sorry for you.”

But once they find out how Frieda beat the disease, that sympathy usually turns to awe. The fact that he'll lead Devine's defense into Saturday's Class 3A Division II state quarterfinal against Wimberley is amazing — even if he doesn't think so.

“I've never been one to lose or like losing,” Frieda said. “It was just another game. Beat it so you can get back to what you want to do: play football and get into trouble.”

Said his coach Chad Quisenberry: “He just refused to say no.”

Football actually helped Frieda discover the osteosarcoma that had taken over his radius bone in the summer before his eighth-grade year. The arm was already sore, and a direct hit while playing football convinced him he should go to the doctor.

The news was grim. Best-case scenario, the doctor said, Frieda would lose his arm. Worst-case, his life.

Within a week, he was undergoing surgery to remove the cancer in an attempt to salvage his arm. The doctors took bone from his left fibula and muscle from both hips to rebuild the chunk of arm they removed.

After 12 hours on the operating table, Frieda awoke to find his arm still there. He also saw his best friend and teammate Joseph Sadler by his side.

“He walked in and was being all nice, and that never happens,” Frieda said. “We're mean to each other.”

So Frieda broke the ice by calling Sadler a name not fit for print. He was officially on the road to recovery.

He underwent chemotherapy for most of his eighth-grade year. The hardheaded Frieda actually gained weight during the draining treatments, often force-feeding himself food from McDonalds.

“I just told my mom to bring back 12 McDoubles and would eat them in one sitting,” he said with a smile.

His teammates rallied around him and shaved their heads when Frieda lost his hair because of the chemo treatments.

“This group is just so tight-knit,” Quisenberry said. “It's why we've had so much success.”

The chemo worked. But once he returned to school cancer-free, the fractures began. He broke his rebuilt arm eight times.

Once, he broke it while lifting weights but put off going to the doctor because he had a skeet-shooting competition the next day. Instead, he shot left-handed. Another time, he broke it while pushing off Sadler during a practice.

“It was just hanging there all limp,” Sadler said. “He was in a cast all the time.”

That didn't bode well for his early attempts at a football comeback. Growing up, he was considered one of the town's fastest and strongest athletes, excelling in football and baseball.

“He was just as talented as Joseph was,” said Quisenberry, who watched Sadler break the Texas single-season scoring record last week. “Football is something he can still do, though.”

Armed with a carbon-fiber brace to protect against breaks, Frieda took over as the Warhorses' kicker in 2009, his sophomore year. As a junior, he got his first start at linebacker during Devine's bidistrict loss to Cuero.

This season, the job was finally his. Frieda reached his potential with 104 tackles (26 for loss), six forced fumbles, a blocked punt and five blocked extra points.

The fact that not many are giving Devine a chance to beat state-ranked Wimberley this weekend doesn't faze him. He's had the odds stacked against him before.

“People told me I'd never play football again,” Frieda said. “I hate it when people tell me I can't do something.”

Tejastrue
12-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Hey wimberley fanatics,they are talking about the Warhorses on the "ABC, the View"

Los Owls is a chick???

Sportshack
12-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Wimberley players are not reading this thread...Did you ever see the movie "Rocky" when he is trying to get some more speed and he is in a coop trying to catch a chicken well,that's what the Wimberley players are doing right now on their field is trying to catch some ckickens..I know cause i just saw a truck full of chicken cages being dropped off at their stadium...Well,if they want to catch Sadler they better catch those chickens....lol...

Oh yeah baby...the Texans defense is great at catching chickens...very, fast and athletic. Ask the QB at Gonzales who was as quick as they come if the Texans could rally to the ball...I am sure you remember him being an OWLS fan and all. :2thumbsup

Sportshack
12-01-2011, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=Sportshack;1644830]puleease promise me that you will not jump on our bandwagon like you have done for your district mates..]
I will not jump on yalls bandwagon..I'm not a wimberley wAcKo fanatic,sorry...I have to support my 27AAA neighbors and of :clap:course they do have an ex-Owl player coaching there...He is the one that shows Sadler how to make all those moves...

Bless you brotha...I feel much better now!!! :taunt:

Manso/V8
12-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Los Owls is a chick???

great! ogg is looking for a workout partner at Curves.

Sportshack
12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
DEVINE — The scar runs the length of Case Frieda's right forearm, about 2 inches wide at points — almost like a shark took a bite out of his arm.

At least that's what the mischievous Frieda, a senior linebacker for Devine, likes to tell curious friends.

The reality of the scar — the result of life-saving surgery to remove cancer from his arm — isn't nearly as funny.

“That's why I tell them I got bit by a shark. Then people are like, ‘That's so cool,'” Frieda said. “If you say you had cancer, they feel sorry for you.”

But once they find out how Frieda beat the disease, that sympathy usually turns to awe. The fact that he'll lead Devine's defense into Saturday's Class 3A Division II state quarterfinal against Wimberley is amazing — even if he doesn't think so.

“I've never been one to lose or like losing,” Frieda said. “It was just another game. Beat it so you can get back to what you want to do: play football and get into trouble.”

Said his coach Chad Quisenberry: “He just refused to say no.”

Football actually helped Frieda discover the osteosarcoma that had taken over his radius bone in the summer before his eighth-grade year. The arm was already sore, and a direct hit while playing football convinced him he should go to the doctor.

The news was grim. Best-case scenario, the doctor said, Frieda would lose his arm. Worst-case, his life.

Within a week, he was undergoing surgery to remove the cancer in an attempt to salvage his arm. The doctors took bone from his left fibula and muscle from both hips to rebuild the chunk of arm they removed.

After 12 hours on the operating table, Frieda awoke to find his arm still there. He also saw his best friend and teammate Joseph Sadler by his side.

“He walked in and was being all nice, and that never happens,” Frieda said. “We're mean to each other.”

So Frieda broke the ice by calling Sadler a name not fit for print. He was officially on the road to recovery.

He underwent chemotherapy for most of his eighth-grade year. The hardheaded Frieda actually gained weight during the draining treatments, often force-feeding himself food from McDonalds.

“I just told my mom to bring back 12 McDoubles and would eat them in one sitting,” he said with a smile.

His teammates rallied around him and shaved their heads when Frieda lost his hair because of the chemo treatments.

“This group is just so tight-knit,” Quisenberry said. “It's why we've had so much success.”

The chemo worked. But once he returned to school cancer-free, the fractures began. He broke his rebuilt arm eight times.

Once, he broke it while lifting weights but put off going to the doctor because he had a skeet-shooting competition the next day. Instead, he shot left-handed. Another time, he broke it while pushing off Sadler during a practice.

“It was just hanging there all limp,” Sadler said. “He was in a cast all the time.”

That didn't bode well for his early attempts at a football comeback. Growing up, he was considered one of the town's fastest and strongest athletes, excelling in football and baseball.

“He was just as talented as Joseph was,” said Quisenberry, who watched Sadler break the Texas single-season scoring record last week. “Football is something he can still do, though.”

Armed with a carbon-fiber brace to protect against breaks, Frieda took over as the Warhorses' kicker in 2009, his sophomore year. As a junior, he got his first start at linebacker during Devine's bidistrict loss to Cuero.

This season, the job was finally his. Frieda reached his potential with 104 tackles (26 for loss), six forced fumbles, a blocked punt and five blocked extra points.

The fact that not many are giving Devine a chance to beat state-ranked Wimberley this weekend doesn't faze him. He's had the odds stacked against him before.

“People told me I'd never play football again,” Frieda said. “I hate it when people tell me I can't do something.”

Now Lost Owls...that IS a story that could bring tears to one's eyes. Very uplifting. What is this young man's number?

WARHORSE84
12-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Now Lost Owls...that IS a story that could bring tears to one's eyes. Very uplifting. What is this young man's number?

His number is 24.

lbjacj
12-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Looking like thunderstorms for Sat.night.

Tejastrue
12-01-2011, 04:34 PM

:hand:

pirate4state
12-01-2011, 04:56 PM

If you hear THunder on saturday its the WARHORSES. Bahaha, okay I'll stop.

Tejastrue
12-01-2011, 05:04 PM
If you hear THunder on saturday its the WARHORSES. Bahaha, okay I'll stop.

I was waiting on somebody to post that!! LOL....

warhorsejoe
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM

thanks sportshack! .....and thanks for the LOVE!!!

warhorsejoe
12-01-2011, 05:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=pTpwxsjrrEY&feature=endscreen

.....and now commercials?????:clap:

WARHORSE84
12-01-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=pTpwxsjrrEY&feature=endscreen

......and now commercials?????:clap:

Those "commercials" are being done by his cousins and their friend from La Vernia.

Sportshack
12-01-2011, 06:54 PM
His number is 24.

Texans have a #24 playing LB as well...Niko Alana...I love that name!

zebrablue2
12-01-2011, 08:26 PM
I wish both teams and coaches best of luck Sat. night. Weather my play a factor, but both teams have to play through it. Play injury free, and may the best team win. There will be no losers, and leave it all on the field...

ZB2

Sportshack
12-01-2011, 08:33 PM
IMG_0514.JPG

Dada...da...dada....GO TEXANS!!!!

Sportshack
12-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Need a big game out of D-line. Unsung heros Guidry, Kothman, Moore, and King do the dirty work at DT while Kelley, Fonville and Oldmixon get after it on the edges!!! Dada...da...dada...GO TEXANS!!!!