PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Championship Game Devine 13-0 v Wimberley 12-0

Pages : 1 2 [3]

rb585
12-04-2011, 03:54 PM
And I am not terribly surprised Sadler got 207 yds...he is that good. I saw two runs where his moves and vision made the entire Wimberley crowd gasp. I'm not kidding, we gasped.

Let me see if I can guess the two:

1. The TD run. We had it played perfectly. We had two guys bracketing him in the backfield, ready to hit him behind the line of scrimmage. And he somehow scored without any of our guys getting a hand on him.

2. 2nd quarter, ball on about our 25... Sadler ran left towards our sidelines and he had no blocking, and there were three of our guys out there stringing the play out. He hesitated, gave kind of a wiggle that froze everyone, then BOOM, shot between two of them for about 15 yards.

Actually found highlight of the second one: http://www.ksat.com/sports/hsfootball/game-videos/BGC-Week-4-playoffs-Saturday-highlights/-/4761690/4872410/-/11r3920z/-/index.html about 1:10 into it.

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 03:57 PM

1. The TD run. We had it played perfectly. We had two guys bracketing him in the backfield, ready to hit him behind the line of scrimmage. And he somehow scored without any of our guys getting a hand on him.

2. 2nd quarter, ball on about our 40... Sadler ran left towards our sidelines and he had no blocking, and there were three of our guys out there stringing the play out. He hesitated, gave kind of a wiggle that froze everyone, then BOOM, shot between two of them for about 15 yards.

That last long run up WT sideline late in 4th, prior to the pickoff in the EZ, was a determined run as well by Sadler. WT fan's I sat by, was impressed by the Gingerbread Man I know.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2011, 04:22 PM

2. 2nd quarter, ball on about our 25... Sadler ran left towards our sidelines and he had no blocking, and there were three of our guys out there stringing the play out. He hesitated, gave kind of a wiggle that froze everyone, then BOOM, shot between two of them for about 15 yards.

Actually found highlight of the second one: http://www.ksat.com/sports/hsfootball/game-videos/BGC-Week-4-playoffs-Saturday-highlights/-/4761690/4872410/-/11r3920z/-/index.html about 1:10 into it.

Good catch, RB. You are exactly right...what a runner!

Tejastrue
12-04-2011, 11:14 PM
May be a few extra pictures on this.

http://www.kens5.com/sports/SLIDESHOW-Football---Devine-vs-Wimberley-134991003.html

Lovesfootball
12-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Congratulations to WT on the win. That D was outstanding. Offense run game was very good as well. Sure is nice to have another dimension to lean on and that is what will really make a state championship team. Great season for Devine as well. Hopefully WT wins it all so we can say we lost but only to the Champions. Very disappointed in our turnovers giving up some very easy points and the fact that we didn't capitalize on some of the miscues that WT had. The D made Devine step out of its comfort zone and throw and that did not fair to well. Would have liked to see it end with a closer score but it looks like WT would have had the W anyway. False starts in the 4th round just won't cut it. Good luck WT on the rest of the season.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Congratulations to WT on the win. That D was outstanding. Offense run game was very good as well. Sure is nice to have another dimension to lean on and that is what will really make a state championship team. Great season for Devine as well. Hopefully WT wins it all so we can say we lost but only to the Champions. Very disappointed in our turnovers giving up some very easy points and the fact that we didn't capitalize on some of the miscues that WT had. The D made Devine step out of its comfort zone and throw and that did not fair to well. Would have liked to see it end with a closer score but it looks like WT would have had the W anyway. False starts in the 4th round just won't cut it. Good luck WT on the rest of the season.

Thanks Lovesfootball, great game and an honor to see Sadler. We need to fix a few things too if we want to win it all! I think we will.

WARHORSE84
12-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Good luck Wimberley, will be rooting for you the remainder of playoffs.

Tejastrue
12-05-2011, 08:43 PM
One last Devine thread post from a Wimberley WAC:ack!:KO:ack!:...

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=310&d=1323134502

I love you Los Owls. Oh Nooooooooooo.....

Los Owls
12-05-2011, 11:09 PM
One last Devine thread post from a Wimberley WAC:ack!:KO:ack!:...

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=310&d=1323134502

I love you Los Owls. Oh Nooooooooooo.....

Thanks Wimbo wAcKos...Thanks for thinking of me...Now,don't choke again,please...:ack!: