PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Championship Game Devine 13-0 v Wimberley 12-0

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Los Owls
12-01-2011, 08:53 PM
:1popcorn::cheerl:
Looking like thunderstorms for Sat.night.
Sounds like more good news for Sadler and his boys..:clap:

lbjacj
12-01-2011, 08:58 PM

Bad news for Devines D trying to cover Blakemore and company!

wimbo_pro
12-01-2011, 09:03 PM

Uh-huh. We'll see.

Gone Fishing
12-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Need a big game out of D-line. Unsung heros Guidry, Kothman, Moore, and King do the dirty work at DT while Kelley, Fonville and Oldmixon get after it on the edges!!! Dada...da...dada...GO TEXANS!!!!

I agree Ss. I didnt see much from the Tigers DL.

lbjacj
12-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Max preps has listed all its picks and scores and the Texans are the biggest favorite(46-21) in all classes except for the Teneha/Mount Enterprise game.(44-14)

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/kU1pJRohEeG-rAAmVebEWg/texas-3a-division-i-and-ii-football-playoff-score-projections.htm

Gone Fishing
12-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Not sure why that would only be good news for them and not WT too? The only thing it could/would effect would be turn overs because of wet balls and that would seem to be the same for both teams IMO.

lbjacj
12-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Not sure why that would only be good news for them and not WT too? The only thing it could/would effect would be turn overs because of wet balls and that would seem to be the same for both teams IMO.

Has to be an advantage for the receivers.

warhorsejoe
12-02-2011, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UlPTeCibwc&feature=endscreen&NR=1

A true David & Goliath story in the making.

Go Warhorses!!!!

WARHORSE84
12-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Hey Joe here is some more biblical motivation. Joel 2:4 "Their appearance is like the appearance of horses; And like war horses, so they run".

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 08:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UlPTeCibwc&feature=endscreen&NR=1

A true David & Goliath story in the making.

Go Warhorses!!!!

In a way, you're right, WarHorse. This is kinda why I think if we lose, it will at least be an honorable loss...who doesnt love a David/Goliath story?

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 09:01 AM
In a way, you're right, WarHorse. This is kinda why I think if we lose, it will at least be an honorable loss...who doesnt love a David/Goliath story?

I don't know Wimbo...some of those Devine lineman are looking kinda like Goliath to me...and they got the all-state RB...just sayin'.

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 09:07 AM
I don't know Wimbo...some of those Devine lineman are looking kinda like Goliath to me...and they got the all-state RB...just sayin'.

I know, this is our strongest challenge thusfar, at least pre-game wise. I am confident that we will handle the challenge, but when you are this deep in the play offs, anything can happen. I haven't had time to sit down and tear apart the stats for this game, but to me, the stats are far less important at this level than previous levels. I havent been so excited to see a game in years. I cannot wait to see Sadler. What a great Texas Day it will be, rain or not!

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 09:23 AM
It's been a good run Devine. Wimberley will be much much more than Wharton was, offensively and defensively.

Texans 49
Warhorses 21

WARHORSE84
12-02-2011, 10:09 AM
It's been a good run Devine. Wimberley will be much much more than Wharton was, offensively and defensively.

Texans 49
Warhorses 21

SA you also predicted Wharton to beat us by 2 touchdowns.:wave:

SHSBulldog00
12-02-2011, 10:09 AM
State Record

SEASON – RUSHING YARDS
1. 4,045 – Kenneth Hall, Sugar Land, 1953
2. 3,701 – Rodney Thomas, Groveton, 1990
3. 3,680 – Joseph Sadler, Devine, 2011
4. 3,570 – David Mora, Mason, 2010
5. 3,569 – Wes Danaher, Corpus Christi Calallen, 1995
6. 3,526 – Cedric Benson, Midland Lee, 1999
7. 3,515 – Robert Strait, Cuero, 1987
8. 3,504 – Traylon Shead, Cayuga 2008
9. 3,458 – Kenneth Hall, Sugar Land 1952
10. 3,374 – Marcus Wright, San Antonio Reagan 2007
Other Notables
14. 3,236 – Jonathan Gray, Aledo 2011
16. 3,212 – Sam McGuffie, Cypress Fairbanks 2006
17. 3,183 – Trey Williams, Spring Dekaney, 2011
18. 3,183 – Jonathan Gray, Aledo 2010
19. 3,160 – Kenneth Hall, Sugar Land 1951
20. 3,137 – Will Clay, Snyder 2007
24. 3,080 – Billy Sims, Hooks 1973

State Record

SINGLE SEASON – MOST RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS
1. 59 – Jonathan Gray, Aledo 2010
2. 58 – Johnathan Gray, Aledo, 2011
T3. 57 – Joseph Sadler, Devine, 2011
T3. 57 – Kenneth Hall, Sugar Land, 1953

National Record

SEASON – SCORING
1. 453 - Brett Law, Sheridan, Ind., 1988
2. 441 – Joseph Sadler, Devine, 2011

What will Sadler break or take over this week? Remember Jonathan Gray of Aledo is still playing as well.

pirate4state
12-02-2011, 10:19 AM
After having seen both teams play...IMHO I think Wimberley gets more stops (and scores more pts) than Devine. Wimberley moves on and I hope they play WO-S next week!! :cheerl:

Having said that --- it wouldn't hurt my feelings AT ALL if Devine pulls off the upset, because let's be real...it would be an upset.

I'm going with 42-28, Texans win

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 10:47 AM
SA you also predicted Wharton to beat us by 2 touchdowns.:wave: Well, if i remember correctly it was pretty evenly matched. Wharton did plenty of damage as a 6-6 team racking up over 400 yards with their 1 dimensional offense. A fumble return td and a fumbled kick return were the difference.

I knew that game would be close, was just being hopeful that a young wharton team could play mistake free, and they didnt. Much more explosive and cohesive texan unit that plays well together. Expecting them to come out, slow Sadler down, and torch the devine defense.

but hey, there's always upsets. I'm looking for one tonight too as we go up against Chapel Hill.

Good luck to both teams. I'd LOVE to see Devine pull the upset, I just dont think it'll happen.

warhorsejoe
12-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Well, after this past week I have a totally different opinion on Wimberley fans. Y'all are a class act and the trash talk was never personal towards us (except in a very extream and rare occasion). Wimberley has in their way respect for us and for that I truly thank y'all. No matter what happens tomorrow night, y'all have a fan from Warhorse Country.
Good luck to us and a injury free game to the both of us.

This was fun and I hope that our ride will continue.

Go Warhorses!!!!

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Well, after this past week I have a totally different opinion on Wimberley fans. Y'all are a class act and the trash talk was never personal towards us (except in a very extream and rare occasion). Wimberley has in their way respect for us and for that I truly thank y'all. No matter what happens tomorrow night, y'all have a fan from Warhorse Country.
Good luck to us and a injury free game to the both of us.

This was fun and I hope that our ride will continue.

Go Warhorses!!!!

Why thank you Joe. I really feel honored to watch this kid (young man) Sadler run...and he couldnt of done what he has done without a supporting cast, so yes there is respect. At first glance of the stats, I would be thrilled to see him break them all...but that would mean he would run for over 300 yrds against us, so that aint gonna work! LOL I hope he gets the 12 points he needs to tie the points scored stat though, maybe 18 to take the lead...but no more!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Wimberley 35 Devine 13 (enough points to break the record a td and two fgs)

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Wimberley 35 Devine 13 (enough points to break the record a td and two fgs)
As i read the stats, he needs two TDs to tie two of the records, but Gray is still playing this week, so one of them prolly wouldnt stand. So in the points category, he needs two TDs and a 2 point conversion!

Lovesfootball
12-02-2011, 12:57 PM
As i read the stats, he needs two TDs to tie two of the records, but Gray is still playing this week, so one of them prolly wouldnt stand. So in the points category, he needs two TDs and a 2 point conversion!

Well he also kicks the extra points

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2011, 01:16 PM
As i read the stats, he needs two TDs to tie two of the records, but Gray is still playing this week, so one of them prolly wouldnt stand. So in the points category, he needs two TDs and a 2 point conversion!I think i read he needs 13 points for the national single seaon scoring record. He's the kicker also so two fg's and a td with extra point should do it. He was making it from 50 yds out in pregame in Sinton and made one from 54 yds out.

SHSBulldog00
12-02-2011, 01:18 PM
If Sadler gets 366 yds against Wimberley's D I will be a Warhorse BELIEVER!!!!!

It's not likely though

Lovesfootball
12-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Devine is going to win because they don't have another option. I think you would be hard pressed to find another town behind their team like Devine is. 2011 is the year of the Warhorse. All of the previous statements are without stats but for good reason. You can't measure heart but if you could Devine would be sitting at #1. We Believe

YTBulldogs
12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Devine is going to win because they don't have another option. I think you would be hard pressed to find another town behind their team like Devine is. 2011 is the year of the Warhorse. All of the previous statements are without stats but for good reason. You can't measure heart but if you could Devine would be sitting at #1. We Believe

Deep playoff experience counts too I think. I'm hoping for a great game.

regaleagle
12-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Wimberley 41-28.

lbjacj
12-02-2011, 03:07 PM
If the weather is nasty I think it will be a lower score than all are predicting. Say 28-13 Texans!:clap:

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Well he also kicks the extra points

No kidding? My god, is he for real? Lol

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 03:28 PM
You gotta believe, thats for sure. But heart doesnt get it done all by itself. We have a little bit of heart too, add to it some experience, mix briskly with a superior defense, sprinkled with an offense that will tantilize your defense....i think this is a recipe for a Texan Victory!! Who's hungry???

pirate4state
12-02-2011, 03:36 PM
No kidding? My god, is he for real? Lol

He does EVERYTHING!! It is the craziest thing I've seen. I don't think he ever left the field of play last week! :eek:

YTBulldogs
12-02-2011, 03:52 PM
He does EVERYTHING!! It is the craziest thing I've seen. I don't think he ever left the field of play last week! :eek:

And, didn't even seem tired. Appeared stronger really. Amazing athlete I must say folks.

WARHORSE84
12-02-2011, 04:03 PM

He even lead the band at halftime:clap: Just kidding, he played a few defensive plays only during the Wharton game.

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 04:37 PM

Well...that is an option...I choose option 2 for Devine!!!!!!! :stirpot:

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=wimbo_pro;1645313]No kidding? My god, is he for real? Lol[/QUOTE

Punter as well!

rb585
12-02-2011, 04:47 PM

You and Los Owls should start your own football consulting business with all the knowledge between you.

YTBulldogs
12-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Who all is going to the early game, Kerrville/Calallen at 2PM before the biggy at 7PM?

Tejastrue
12-02-2011, 05:30 PM
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x910013327/High-School-Football-Roaring-toward-a-state-berth

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 05:42 PM
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x910013327/High-School-Football-Roaring-toward-a-state-berth

Wow...even more statistical evidence of the potential lopsidedness of this game. Its hard for a stats-guy such as myself to ignore the overwhelming advantage we have going into this game. I don't want my homerism to get the better of me, but at the same time, I'm trying to not let the excitement of Sadler's accomplishments and the long-awaited chance to see him run overtake my gut feeling and "common sense" analysis of the game.

If you were a total stranger to both teams and all you had were the stats....what would be your prediction on the game?

Los Owls
12-02-2011, 05:45 PM
If the rain does'nt stop,Sadler and his boys will be riding into the semi-finals..Texans will not have too much success passing the ball...Ground game belongs to the Horses....Sorry, wimberley fanatics...Hope you guys are fast enough to catch Sadler..35-21,Sadler and his boys..:1popcorn:

Tejastrue
12-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Wow...even more statistical evidence of the potential lopsidedness of this game. Its hard for a stats-guy such as myself to ignore the overwhelming advantage we have going into this game. I don't want my homerism to get the better of me, but at the same time, I'm trying to not let the excitement of Sadler's accomplishments and the long-awaited chance to see him run overtake my gut feeling and "common sense" analysis of the game.
If you were a total stranger to both teams and all you had were the stats....what would be your prediction on the game?

:thinking:...What Massey has predicted I think...

Tejastrue
12-02-2011, 06:05 PM
If the rain does'nt stop,Sadler and his boys will be riding into the semi-finals..Texans will not have too much success passing the ball...Ground game belongs to the Horses....Sorry, wimberley fanatics...Hope you guys are fast enough to catch Sadler..35-21,Sadler and his boys..:1popcorn:

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

WARHORSE84
12-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Win or lose, both these Team's earned the right to play for the Regional Championship. Unfortunetly one Team's season will end, I hope the game is injury free, and both Teams represent their respected schools with class.
GO HORSES GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 06:36 PM

Weather is gonna be fine as frog's hair!!!!! Hide and watch Warhorse fans....believe you me...the Texans have EARNED their spurs!!!!! ;)

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Win or lose, both these Team's earned the right to play for the Regional Championship. Unfortunetly one Team's season will end, I hope the game is injury free, and both Teams represent their respected schools with class.
GO HORSES GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:iagree: errr....except for the go horseys go part :cheerl: :1popcorn:

NastySlot
12-02-2011, 06:41 PM

they pass ok...............but i think they hurt teams with the run just as much or maybe even more...qb good runner and everyone talks about smith....but that back trinity wilson I believe is his
name is as good as any.. don't know if i'll make this one....but hope its a good one...two of the three best teams from the region left standing (w.columbia in d1)....hope it's a classic.

lbjacj
12-02-2011, 06:58 PM
two of the three best teams from the region left standing (w.columbia in d1)....hope it's a classic.

And who is the third?

Gonzales?

hunt4it44
12-02-2011, 07:37 PM
speaking of stats - does anyone have the team stats for SA Sam Houston and Hondo when they played Devine. I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find them - can find them for Devine - but not their opponent. I am curious to see what the rush and passing offensive production was against the warhorses for those 2 games.

Tejastrue
12-02-2011, 07:47 PM
speaking of stats - does anyone have the team stats for SA Sam Houston and Hondo when they played Devine. I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find them - can find them for Devine - but not their opponent. I am curious to see what the rush and passing offensive production was against the warhorses for those 2 games.

Sam Houston game. You can find the Hondo game posted there also. Not all of their info is correct on a lot of teams.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2011&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=124709&TeamID=5234&SearchType=Teams

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 08:08 PM

All I know is Hondo scored 27 in last game of regular season and had a 21-12 halftime lead. And then was only scored 3 against Gonzales a week later until game was out of hand late in 4th. Finished with 10. Same Gonzales team shut out Sam Houston as did La Vernia. Warhorses gave up 19 in contested game. La Vernia later handed Somerset a shutout in 1st round of playoffs. Somerset scored 21 on Devine. To be fair...Devine probably called off dogs in Somerset game as they were way up in 3rd quarter and Somerset scored TD's in 3rd and 4th qtr when there was not much doubt. Of course balls bounce funny and sometimes things happen, so scores can be deceiving. 13-0 is 13-0 anyway you slice it.

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 08:46 PM

Sadler is not all that fast, truth be told. He is an excellent running back, great vision, good instincts for the game. He is NOT a burning speedster. Plenty fast, but there have been many "faster" running backs in our schedule. In fact, we have defensive backs as fast or faster than Sadler. Thats not the point. The point is...Sadler is a natural and a vision player. I would take a full team of Sadler's versus speedsters any day.

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Sadler is not all that fast, truth be told. He is an excellent running back, great vision, good instincts for the game. He is NOT a burning speedster. Plenty fast, but there have been many "faster" running backs in our schedule. In fact, we have defensive backs as fast or faster than Sadler. Thats not the point. The point is...Sadler is a natural and a vision player. I would take a full team of Sadler's versus speedsters any day.

I would tend to respectfully disagree with you based on what I saw on film and what i read about him. No way to know for sure but he looks to be a 4.5 guy and that is what is reported. That is faaaaast for a RB especially at the 3A level. The Wimberley DB's are not that fast with the exception of Blakemore when he plays both ways but I do not think that is going to happen. Now this year...I doubt we have seen a faster RB than that. Perhaps Jowan Davis from Sealy. I think Seals-Jones is also about a 4.5 guy.

Now that is not Michael Buse fast (WHS RB on State Championship team) but it also is not chopped liver. Dennis and Brennen might be faster than Sadler. Cameron Morris might be faster as well. And...we got a lot of guys that can run a really fast 20. No kidding. Quite a few more than Devine in my estimation. Of course, they are bigger so there is that.

zebrablue2
12-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I would tend to respectfully disagree with you based on what I saw on film and what i read about him. No way to know for sure but he looks to be a 4.5 guy and that is what is reported. That is faaaaast for a RB especially at the 3A level. The Wimberley DB's are not that fast with the exception of Blakemore when he plays both ways but I do not think that is going to happen. Now this year...I doubt we have seen a faster RB than that. Perhaps Jowan Davis from Sealy. I think Seals-Jones is also about a 4.5 guy.

Now that is not Michael Buse fast (WHS RB on State Championship team) but it also is not chopped liver. Dennis and Brennen might be faster than Sadler. Cameron Morris might be faster as well. And...we got a lot of guys that can run a really fast 20. No kidding. Quite a few more than Devine in my estimation. Of course, they are bigger so there is that.

Sadler also does that E. Smith thing at the line. Waits for the opening and then BOOM!

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 09:16 PM

Oh minor correction...Devine is bigger in line on both sides of ball...however, Wimberly has 3 bigger LB's that can all move and hit. The one LB'er that is undersized is a freaking whirling dervish, fast, instinctive and tough as a boot!!! Hopefully, will help somewhat.

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Sadler also does that E. Smith thing at the line. Waits for the opening and then BOOM!

Thats my main point...vision, patience, instincts. I doubt he runs a true 4.5, but that doesnt matter so much when you have the other three things.

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Oh minor correction...Devine is bigger in line on both sides of ball...however, Wimberly has 3 bigger LB's that can all move and hit. The one LB'er that is undersized is a freaking whirling dervish, fast, instinctive and tough as a boot!!! Hopefully, will help somewhat.

I think he will do more than "help somewhat". I think we will keep Sadler in check all night. I will be surprised (maybe more disappointed) if we don't keep him below 100 yrds in rushing for the evening.

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Thats my main point...vision, patience, instincts. I doubt he runs a true 4.5, but that doesnt matter so much when you have the other three things.

Watch the 15 minute excerpt from Wharton game posted on that thread. He flat runs away twice on reasonably long runs and it is not even close. Perhaps those guys were slow but I do not think that was it. I think he has a burst along with other things. Just my opinion. You might be right. Maybe it is scheme and his other attributes that have resulted in so many long runs this year.

Tejastrue
12-02-2011, 09:30 PM
You guys are funny debating Sadler's abilities and the match-ups. Not a better way to show respect for Devine if you ask me...:D

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I think he will do more than "help somewhat". I think we will keep Sadler in check all night. I will be surprised (maybe more disappointed) if we don't keep him below 100 yrds in rushing for the evening.

For the record...I meant the athleticism of all the LB's would hopefully make a difference. I am a big fan of our LB corp...to include Trinity Wilson and Cameron Morris. The other 4 are just nasty.

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Ok, here is my weekly take on the game tomorrow. Again, I disclaim this projection with this...I am a homer to the bone, and stats are for losers...we all know this. With that said....

Wimberley has played a FAR tougher schedule than Devine
*Massey ratings for stength of schedule are Wimberley at 38.51 versus Devine at 16.51
*Wimberley’s opponents have a combined record of 71-62, while Devine’s opposition is 53-82
*Wimberley defeated 4 play off teams this year (including one 4A team), while Devine only defeated one play off team (Hondo)

Wimberley's defense is rated far higher than Devine's, 18.94 versus 2.77 . This low rating compares to Gonzales' 18.35 and Sweeny's 8.36
*Devine has allowed far weaker offensive teams to hang around because they cannot stop their offenses.
*Wimberley faced a very tough Gonzales defense and tore it up all night.
*Wimberley struggled offensively against Sweeny due to penalties and sloppy play, and STILL overwhelmed them.

Wimberley's offense (rated 45.99) is similar to Devines offense (rated 46.67)
*Obviously, Devine's rating is due overwhelmingly to Sadler. Wimberley's offensive rating is spread around to no less than 5 weapons, and split evenly between pass and run. This is a nightmare for defenses...and a death sentence for weak defenses.
*As good as Devine's offensive rating is, they have not seen a defense this year as good as Wimberley's.

Homerism Conclusion:
Wimberley will dominate the field offensively (and will do so at will), keeping Sadler off the field. This is the key to the game...Sadler not getting many opportunities with the ball. And when he DOES get the ball, he will be facing a defense that will be focused on one thing...stopping Sadler. And Wimberley definitely has the talent to stop him (or at least slow him down tremendously), unlike any other team this year. That means Devine will have to do what they haven't done all year...win against a superior defense with the pass. This won't happen, Wimberely has a good defensive backfield. For every one TD Devine scores, we will score two.

Final
Wimberley 42
Devine 21

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Ok, here is my weekly take on the game tomorrow. Again, I disclaim this projection with this...I am a homer to the bone, and stats are for losers...we all know this. With that said....

*Massey ratings for stength of schedule are Wimberley at 38.51 versus Devine at 16.51
*Wimberley’s opponents have a combined record of 71-62, while Devine’s opposition is 53-82
*Wimberley defeated 4 play off teams this year (including one 4A team), while Devine only defeated one play off team (Hondo)

Wimberley's defense is rated far higher than Devine's, 18.94 versus 2.77 . This low rating compares to Gonzales' 18.35 and Sweeny's 8.36
*Devine has allowed far weaker offensive teams to hang around because they cannot stop their offenses.
*Wimberley struggled offensively against Sweeny due to penalties and sloppy play, and STILL overwhelmed them.

*Obviously, Devine's rating is due overwhelmingly to Sadler. Wimberley's offensive rating is spread around to no less than 5 weapons, and split evenly between pass and run. This is a nightmare for defenses...and a death sentence for weak defenses.
*As good as Devine's offensive rating is, they have not seen a defense this year as good as Wimberley's.

Homerism Conclusion:
Wimberley will dominate the field offensively (and will do so at will), keeping Sadler off the field. This is the key to the game...Sadler not getting many opportunities with the ball. And when he DOES get the ball, he will be facing a defense that will be focused on one thing...stopping Sadler. And Wimberley definitely has the talent to stop him (or at least slow him down tremendously), unlike any other team this year. That means Devine will have to do what they haven't done all year...win against a superior defense with the pass. This won't happen, Wimberely has a good defensive backfield. For every one TD Devine scores, we will score two.

Final
Wimberley 42
Devine 21

To be fair to Wimberley...they beat Dripping Springs, La Vernia, Sealy, Navarro, and Boerne in regular season. Of course, they beat Tayor, Gonzales, and Sweeny in playoffs. If you are talking regular season they have beaten 5 eventual playoff teams and if you are talking for season they have beaten 8. Devine beat 2 in regular season and 3 thus far in playoffs for 5. Devine beat Hondo and Somerset in regular season. I likey your analysis, however.

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 10:22 PM
To be fair to Wimberley...they beat Dripping Springs, La Vernia, Sealy, Navarro, and Boerne in regular season. Of course, they beat Tayor, Gonzales, and Sweeny in playoffs. If you are talking regular season they have beaten 5 eventual playoff teams and if you are talking for season they have beaten 8. Devine beat 2 in regular season and 3 thus far in playoffs for 5. Devine beat Hondo and Somerset in regular season. I likey your analysis, however.
I stand corrected...thank you. I was speaking of the regular season. The article in the SM Record is wrong. http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x910013327/High-School-Football-Roaring-toward-a-state-berth

Manso/V8
12-02-2011, 10:26 PM

Homerism Conclusion:

Final
Wimberley 42
Devine 21

Maybe you should be comparing Devine stats and rankings with the Taylor Ducks!

lbjacj
12-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Looks like Coldspring awaits the winner. Will be a tough matchup no matter who wins tommorow!

zebrablue2
12-02-2011, 10:29 PM

The Ducks had way more size than the WH's. Devine will have to have about 3 or 4 5 minute drives to have a chance...

Tejastrue
12-02-2011, 10:30 PM

You seem to pop up unexpectedly..kinda like a gas bubble...:wave:

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Glad you brought that up...
Taylor had a FAR tougher schedule than Devine (44.48 vs 16.51)
Taylor had a similar weak defense to Devines (1.89 vs 2.77)
Taylor had a weaker offense than Devine (35.57 vs 46.67)
Taylor lost to Wimberley.

Anything else?

Manso/V8
12-02-2011, 10:41 PM

I am always here, pulling for the Texans, and enjoying the WHS fans' enthusiasm.......just don't want yall to get carried away with yourselves!

I'm not yet to the point in life where gas bubbles are unexpected......if you have lost control over that aspect of your life, my sympathy goes out to you and those sitting near by......

garciap77
12-02-2011, 10:41 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=Manso/V8;1645767]Maybe you should be comparing Devine stats and rankings with the Taylor Ducks![/QUOTE

Or the Gonzales Apaches!! Or the Sealy Tigers...just sayin'!!

Manso/V8
12-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Glad you brought that up...
Taylor had a FAR tougher schedule than Devine (44.48 vs 16.51)
Taylor had a similar defense to Devine (1.89 vs 2.77)
Taylor had a weaker offense than Devine (35.57 vs 46.67)
Taylor lost to Wimberley.

Anything else?

You seem sensitive about the Taylor comment! Honestly, it surprises me that a 3-8 Region IV team rates so much higher than a Region IV team finalist.....aren't they undefeated?

I am picking Wimberley in this one, you can even check my vote in the poll.

Just worries me when yall get whipped up in that circle of self congratulation and wanted to throw in the reminder not to take anyone too lightly.

wimbo_pro
12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
You seem sensitive about the Taylor comment! Honestly, it surprises me that a 3-8 Region IV team rates so much higher than a Region IV team finalist.....aren't they undefeated?

Just worries me when yall get whipped up in that circle of self congratulation and wanted to throw in the reminder not to take anyone too lightly.

Eyes Wide Open, I assure you of that.

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 10:56 PM

Oh...that Warhorse offensive machine scares the bejezzus out of us. For real. Still stats analysis and blatant homerism has its place!! It soothes the nerves. :) ya feel me?

Manso/V8
12-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Eyes Wide Open, I assure you of that.

Is that another movie reference? Eyes Wide Open is a much different movie than Eyes Wide Shut.

Tejastrue
12-02-2011, 11:04 PM
I am always here, pulling for the Texans, and enjoying the WHS fans' enthusiasm.......just don't want yall to get carried away with yourselves!

I'm not yet to the point in life where gas bubbles are unexpected......if you have lost control over that aspect of your life, my sympathy goes out to you and those sitting near by......

Sorry manso.. how could you know..my gas is bubblicious with a touch of potpourri yet never unexpected...Not sure why the comments bother you. Just fans having some fun with it.

Manso/V8
12-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Oh...that Warhorse offensive machine scares the bejezzus out of us. For real. Still stats analysis and blatant homerism has its place!! It soothes the nerves. :) ya feel me?

I don't think yall have anything to worry about. No disrespect to the Warhorses, Sadler, and what they have accomplished. Their line is not that big, and your LB core will stop the run. We scrimmaged Wharton, and they are comparable to Sweeny at best, definately not better......Wharton barely beat Sweeny when they had something like 8 lineman out. With the points Wharton put up on the Warhorses, I just can't see Devine stopping the WHS offense, whatever the weather.

Manso/V8
12-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Sorry manso.. how could you know..my gas is bubblicious with a touch of potpourri yet never unexpected...Not sure why the comments bother you. Just fans having some fun with it.

For some reason that John Conlee song "Rose Colored Noses" filled the air as I read your post, and I always thought it was "Rose Colored Glasses"!

Old Tiger
12-02-2011, 11:20 PM
This game is tomrorow, right?

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 11:21 PM
I don't think yall have anything to worry about. No disrespect to the Warhorses, Sadler, and what they have accomplished. Their line is not that big, and your LB core will stop the run. We scrimmaged Wharton, and they are comparable to Sweeny at best, definately not better......Wharton barely beat Sweeny when they had something like 8 lineman out. With the points Wharton put up on the Warhorses, I just can't see Devine stopping the WHS offense, whatever the weather.

I concur but Texans still got to slow down that Warhorse offense. I feel like we will...really good coaches on both sides of ball for Wimberley...and an athletic bunch on defense.

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 11:21 PM
This game is tomrorow, right?

7:00 on Saturday 12-3-11 at Comalander Stadium in San Antonio.

Sportshack
12-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Weather is clearing...:cheerl:

zebrablue2
12-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Weather is clearing...:cheerl:

Looks like it may not be as bad as first thought. Maybe some rain, but not the flooding type. Never know about mother nature though???

Los Owls
12-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Who all is going to the early game, Kerrville/Calallen at 2PM before the biggy at 7PM?
Sadler and his boys and the Antlers advance...Come early...:1popcorn:

Tejastrue
12-02-2011, 11:42 PM
For some reason that John Conlee song "Rose Colored Noses" filled the air as I read your post, and I always thought it was "Rose Colored Glasses"!

Crap..now I'll be tooting/singing that tune the rest of the evening...and that ain't pretty..lol...

Los Owls
12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
. 13-0 is 13-0 anyway you slice it.
Finally making sense...:clap:

Tejastrue
12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Sadler and his boys and the Antlers advance...Come early...:1popcorn:

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: :sleeping:

Los Owls
12-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Texans better bring their oxygen tanks....:ack!:

Los Owls
12-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Devines OL boys will take care of those 3 LB'S...By the 3rd qtr,they will quit blitzing..

Tejastrue
12-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Locos Owls are in a desperation mode...:spitlol::spitlol::spitlol:

Los Owls
12-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Sadler and his boys vs Coldspring,Next week.....Simple as that..:cheerl:

Manso/V8
12-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Assuming Wimberley gets by Devine, it will be interesting to see how the Texans stack up against Coldspring this year.
I like your chances.

Sportshack
12-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Sadler and his boys vs Coldspring,Next week.....Simple as that..:cheerl:

:blahblah: SIMPLE for sure...and I am NOT talking about Lost's prediction...if you know what I mean!!!!

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Wimberley QB Brady Lambert on Friday night Fanstand...

http://siteadmin.talkradio1370am.com/sites/default/files/audio/wimberleypregamedevine.mp3

LionFan72
12-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Go Texans, put the cleats to the Warhorses, gotta have a rematch with Coldspring and hopefully next Saturday, please!

jp744
12-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Good luck today devine...weather will be a factor for wimberly tonight but it will not bother the gingerbread man ....run sadler run then next week go watch the two best backs in the state play each other gilbert vs the gingerbread man wow that would be fun

wimbo_pro
12-03-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm not convinced that the weather plays into the hands of Devine only. I think Devine will need to go to the air to some degree, at some point. The weather will hurt them even worse than the Texans in this regard. The Texans have the tools and diversity to run the ball well and then drop off short passes, including the screen, which we are excellent at performing. Obviously, Devine is overwhelmingly a run team (one dimensional) and easier to contain....or at least to "game plan" against. I think despite the weather, the fundementals remain unchanged...contain (or at least slow down) Sadler, then use ball control to wind down the clock, scoring on each drive.

Lovesfootball
12-03-2011, 10:19 AM
You and Los Owls should start your own football consulting business with all the knowledge between you.

RB585, clearly I said that these statements were deviating from the norm on this thread and not talking about stats. I was commenting on the other factor that affects games. With your reasoning momentum has no effect on games either I'm sure. I was giving up stat talk and speaking from a fans perspective. I am sorry that it was not impressive enough for you to think that it is a reliable prediction but if we win tonight I will be expecting an apology because we all know what the stats say. WT will beat the Warhorses hands down. If Devine wins and the stats say impossible, what do you attribute the win to? Why even play, lets just use a system similar to the BCS and choose the best statistical teams and have them play for the state championship. Garbage, as is your comment. You were basing your opinion off of one comment as to how accurately I could predict the outcome of games. How accurate is that? Your reasoning implies that you look at all factors affecting the outcome yet you look at only one comment of mine? Once again the stats were already broken down, i was looking at the unquantifiable. We Believe

wimbo_pro
12-03-2011, 10:26 AM
We Believe

And...in the end...thats all that counts. If we get past this game, WE will be the statistical underdog. At that point, we too will believe.

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 10:27 AM
RB585, clearly I said that these statements were deviating from the norm on this thread and not talking about stats. I was commenting on the other factor that affects games. With your reasoning momentum has no effect on games either I'm sure. I was giving up stat talk and speaking from a fans perspective. I am sorry that it was not impressive enough for you to think that it is a reliable prediction but if we win tonight I will be expecting an apology because we all know what the stats say. WT will beat the Warhorses hands down. If Devine wins and the stats say impossible, what do you attribute the win to? Why even play, lets just use a system similar to the BCS and choose the best statistical teams and have them play for the state championship. Garbage, as is your comment. You were basing your opinion off of one comment as to how accurately I could predict the outcome of games. How accurate is that? Your reasoning implies that you look at all factors affecting the outcome yet you look at only one comment of mine? Once again the stats were already broken down, i was looking at the unquantifiable. We Believe

Unfortunatley, Believing doesn't win games. Just ask Harlingen! They had over 1 million believing and that didn't help.
http://956sports.com/2011/12/03/it-i...letic-madison/

rb585
12-03-2011, 11:13 AM

You don't get it:

1. You know what you want to happen, and you're grasping for reasons why that could happen. That's the exact opposite of "analysis."

2. Your "analysis" only looked at one side of the field. If Devine wins, it's because they believe. Apparently that means that Wimberley doesn't believe. Or that Wimberley doesn't want to win as badly as Devine. *THAT* is garbage. Wimberley has a ton of seniors who have won 26 out of their last 27 games and are one game away from the chance to avenge that one loss. Do you think they don't believe? Do you think the Devine kids really want to win more than they do?

3. I have no reason to apologize if Devine wins this game -- Devine can win this game. If Devine wins this game it will be because they play really well, they get some breaks, and they win the turnover battle. That's pretty much how all regional finals are won. It's not because one team wanted to win more or believed more. That's insulting to the other team.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2011, 11:20 AM
You don't get it:

1. You know what you want to happen, and you're grasping for reasons why that could happen. That's the exact opposite of "analysis."

2. Your "analysis" only looked at one side of the field. If Devine wins, it's because they believe. Apparently that means that Wimberley doesn't believe. Or that Wimberley doesn't want to win as badly as Devine. *THAT* is garbage. Wimberley has a ton of seniors who have won 26 out of their last 27 games and are one game away from the chance to avenge that one loss. Do you think they don't believe? Do you think the Devine kids really want to win more than they do?

3. I have no reason to apologize if Devine wins this game -- Devine can win this game. If Devine wins this game it will be because they play really well, they get some breaks, and they win the turnover battle. That's pretty much how all regional finals are won. It's not because one team wanted to win more or believed more. That's insulting to the other team.

Good points all.

rb585
12-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Weather forecast looks pretty good -- 10% chance of rain this evening. Most of the rain expected to be north by that time.

I went to a game at Hays last night after it had quit raining, and the conditions were really good -- I can only remember one slip all game.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Here is a link for the full game of Devine/Wharton.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0PyQRV-xHI

As if the score of 56-42 wasn't enough to tell you there was no defense on either side of the ball in that game, this video proves it. We all know of Devine's low defensive rating (2.77), but get this....Wharton's rating for defense was even worse...FAR worse (.56). Thats right, POINT FIVE SIX. Watch the video and tell me that stats lie. In some cases, stats ARE misleading. In this case, they are telling.

Devine is walking into a whirlwind of defense tonight, unlike anything they have seen. The Texans will smother him tonight. And their #25, who is actually pretty good himself. They will have to go to the pass. Big trouble for them. Reap the whirlwind, Warhorses!

Sportshack
12-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Here is a link for the full game of Devine/Wharton.

As if the score of 56-42 wasn't enough to tell you there was no defense on either side of the ball in that game, this video proves it. We all know of Devine's low defensive rating (2.77), but get this....Wharton's rating for defense was even worse...FAR worse (.56). Thats right, POINT FIVE SIX. Watch the video and tell me that stats lie. In some cases, stats ARE misleading. In this case, they are telling.

Devine is walking into a whirlwind of defense tonight, unlike anything they have seen. The Texans will smother him tonight. And their #25, who is actually pretty good himself. They will have to go to the pass. Big trouble for them. Reap the whirlwind, Warhorses!

Man...I am glad you got back in town...good posts!

Lovesfootball
12-03-2011, 12:13 PM
You don't get it:

You are correct that it was not analysis. It was an opinion or belief. Once again the stats say WT wins this game. So what then should Devine do? Just chalk it up to a loss? I was saying what I think will happen based on intuition. I was not claiming to be a sports analyst which is why your comment is unintelligent and uncalled for. What was your point by saying that anyway? I had clearly already said it was not based on stats. I do believe that Devine wants this win more. I have no way to quantify that and give you a % though. I just believe it, which is why I put "We believe". I put the disclaimer "these comments are not based on stats" for guys just like you but you didn't let that slow you down. Keep polluting with negativity, i didn't know it was such a crime to support your team.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Go look at the 8:25 to 8:30 minute mark on this video.

If this is what is meant by "wanting it more", then you have a point. Notice that #26 for Wharton just plain gave up, he could have "wanted" to make the tackle at the 1 yrd line, but clearly he pulled back. You will NOT see this with the Texans. If this is part of the measurement of "wanting it", then I believe we want it just as much.

Also note the closing speed of #26 for Wharton...more reason I say Sadler is not a "burner" running back. Fast? Yes. But I know of at least 2 in our D backfield that are just as fast, if not faster.

P.S. Also go to 13:38 and watch Devine's #75 hold and throw the defender to the ground...no flag. Ouch.

Sportshack
12-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Go look at the 8:25 to 8:30 minute mark on this video.

If this is what is meant by "wanting it more", then you have a point. Notice that #26 for Wharton just plain gave up, he could have "wanted" to make the tackle at the 1 yrd line, but clearly he pulled back. You will NOT see this with the Texans. If this is part of the measurement of "wanting it", then I believe we want it just as much.

Also note the closing speed of #26 for Wharton...more reason I say Sadler is not a "burner" running back. Fast? Yes. But I know of at least 2 in our D backfield that are just as fast, if not faster.

P.S. Also go to 13:38 and watch Devine's #75 hold and throw the defender to the ground...no flag. Ouch.

OH....do the Texans ever WANT and BELIEVE!!!!! I believe they will slow down that Warhorse offensive production. :clap::clap: So much for believing. Now both teams gotta do it and that just cannot happen. Play hard and fast Texans!

rb585
12-03-2011, 01:12 PM
You are correct that it was not analysis. It was an opinion or belief. Once again the stats say WT wins this game. So what then should Devine do? Just chalk it up to a loss? I was saying what I think will happen based on intuition. I was not claiming to be a sports analyst which is why your comment is unintelligent and uncalled for. What was your point by saying that anyway? I had clearly already said it was not based on stats. I do believe that Devine wants this win more. I have no way to quantify that and give you a % though. I just believe it, which is why I put "We believe". I put the disclaimer "these comments are not based on stats" for guys just like you but you didn't let that slow you down. Keep polluting with negativity, i didn't know it was such a crime to support your team.

1. Analysis does not have to be based on stats. I watched the Wharton film and concluded that Devine has a great offensive line without computing one single statistic. In fact, I'll even say that Devine has a much better O-line than Wimberley does. Again, no statistics were used in that analysis.

2. I'm still trying to figure out the basis for the bolded part of your statement -- people don't normally pull "opinions or beliefs" out of nothing but air. You apparently analyzed something and concluded that Devine wants this win more. And yes, that is the same thing that as saying, "Wimberley's kids don't want to win this game as much as Devine's kids do." I'd love to know how you reached that conclusion, because I'm guessing you don't know any of our kids or anything about the work our kids do during the week.

ExScoop
12-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Wharton had some big turnovers in the third quarter of Devine game. Een without a defense, Wharton proved they can play ball with the best of them.
Brad Wright did a fantastic job for the Tigers after winning only one non-district game.
Players didn't have a lot of size and relied on speed. They will be better next year with a better off season program
Stacy Hunt left the program in a mess. Don't know how he had success at Granger.

pirate4state
12-03-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't want to loom through this thread again...will someone please tell me who is home team? Thx

rb585
12-03-2011, 02:04 PM
After Devine wins because their kids want to win more, they'll play Coldspring at Bastrop.

If Wimberley somehow wins even though their kids don't care as much, they'll play at Waller. (WALLER? SERIOUSLY? WHY?!?!?!)

Manso/V8
12-03-2011, 02:07 PM
After Devine wins because their kids want to win more, they'll play Coldspring at Bastrop.

If Wimberley somehow wins even though their kids don't care as much, they'll play at Waller. (WALLER? SERIOUSLY? WHY?!?!?!)

Because Waller is close to Bellville and I want to come see the game.

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't want to loom through this thread again...will someone please tell me who is home team? Thx

Wimberley is the home team

hunt4it44
12-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Sam Houston game. You can find the Hondo game posted there also. Not all of their info is correct on a lot of teams.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2011&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=124709&TeamID=5234&SearchType=Teams

thanks for the link. i have used that before when I was looking at the Sweeny team last week and didnt realize they had stats for most of the teams in the state.

hunt4it44
12-03-2011, 02:48 PM
if you cant make it to the game tonight, you can catch the game on www.wimberleyradio.com . the game will also be broadcast locally on 100.1 kdrp in Dripping Springs. you can go to their webpage, www.kdrplive.org and download an app for your iphone and listen to the live stream of the game. they also broadcast the game on an fm signal at the stadium but I do not know what that signal is. look for their banner, usually under the pressbox, and I believe it has the station number listed there. pregame show starts around 6:30.

Los Owls
12-03-2011, 03:11 PM
I will be seating on Wimberleys side with my 2006 Hondo Owls vs Wimberley shirt on....I will sit on the 50 yd line with a few owl fans..Wanna see how the Texans wAcKo fanatics behave or is it only sportshack that does all the blah,blah,blah....:ack!:

wimbo_pro
12-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I will be seating on Wimberleys side with my 2006 Hondo Owls vs Wimberley shirt on....I will sit on the 50 yd line with a few owl fans..Wanna see how the Texans wAcKo fanatics behave or is it only sportshack that does all the blah,blah,blah....:ack!:

Get a rope...

fourbeee
12-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Los Owls must be about 12 yrs old.

Manso/V8
12-03-2011, 03:21 PM

Wow, 2006 Hondo Owls vs Wimberley. How did that one come out? Are you still gloating about a win or still stinging from a loss?

Manso/V8
12-03-2011, 03:33 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, but do hope for a great Texas High School football game. Both teams have a great story and have had great seasons.
It has been fun following the Texans via the their very enthusiastic fans and learning about the Warhorses and the historic Sadler story.
Honestly, I hate one of these teams has to drop out after today, but that's the playoffs.

Best of luck to both teams! I look forward to the game updates and analysis, comments about stellar display of sportsmanship from both teams. and of most importantly to an injury free game.

Los Owls
12-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Los Owls must be about 12 yrs old.
Almost,in March....

Los Owls
12-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Get a rope...

Respect the "H" when you see it on the 50 yd line...:clap:

rb585
12-03-2011, 03:38 PM

I would be wearing my 2005 Hondo Owls vs Wimberley shirt, but that got lost in the back of the closet after we won the state championship.

Los Owls
12-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Wow, 2006 Hondo Owls vs Wimberley. How did that one come out? Are you still gloating about a win or still stinging from a loss?
Pay attention to the shirt..Respect it and learn from it...Really don't know who won that game???But,it was a classic at the DOME...:1popcorn:

Los Owls
12-03-2011, 03:44 PM
I would be wearing my 2005 Hondo Owls vs Wimberley shirt, but that got lost in the back of the closet after we won the state championship.
COOL,atleast bring a picture if they let you....lol

Los Owls
12-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Los Owls has left to the game...Sadler and his boys by 14.....:cheerl::clap:Have a save trip and back to the game everyone that is attending the game,wanna hear from yall on the downlow board tonight...

firstdown
12-03-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight but I do have a friend from Devine and she said Devine by 40. just say'n

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 03:56 PM
No rain at stadium yet. Players look to have good footing!

Tejastrue
12-03-2011, 03:59 PM

Just checked the distance both would have to travel. Advantage CS. Makes no sense. Will fret about that later. Gotta take care of business tonight.

ogg
12-03-2011, 04:05 PM
No rain at stadium yet. Players look to have good footing!
http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/southplains_loop.php
May have a dry game.

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Waller????

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Cold spring coach Barbary and company just got here .

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2011, 06:13 PM
just woke up from a nap :)

just in time to listen to the game, hope it's a good one!

99IHSMustang
12-03-2011, 07:21 PM
just woke up from a nap :)

just in time to listen to the game, hope it's a good one!

Devine has quite a following.
At game and there side was full 45 minutes before kickoff

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Wimbo up 3-0 about 1:30 left in first

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Devine muffs kick off, Wimbo recovers on 18 and score a TD 2 plays later.

10-0
.39 left in first

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2011, 07:58 PM
wow! was about to say it looks like a long night for Sadler.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Devine has quite a following.
At game and there side was full 45 minutes before kickoffyep excellant fan support. Was it you that mention your wife was from Devine?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Sadler can kick deep! Devine just muff the punts on purpose from what i've seen.

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Wimberley will probably score every time they have the ball unless they turn it over.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Wimberley will probably score every time they have the ball unless they turn it over.i think that is what Wharton did, they score every time except when they had turnover. Don't think Devine can match that. They might score again but thats about it.

99IHSMustang
12-03-2011, 08:11 PM
yep excellant fan support. Was it you that mention your wife was from Devine?

Yep that is correct.

zebrablue2
12-03-2011, 08:11 PM
24-7 Wimb. Gonna be a route??

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 08:12 PM
well I guess they don't even need the ball to score lol. 2 turnovers lead to 14 points. Turn out the lights the party's over.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Sadler 13 carries 117 yds 1 td

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Pulling for Sadler to break the national record, needs one more TD.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Yep that is correct.If it had been Devine vs Ingleside, which side would yall had sit at :)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Pulling for Sadler to break the national record, needs one more TD.hmm FG

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 08:22 PM
The FG makes him 3 behind the record.

99IHSMustang
12-03-2011, 08:24 PM
If it had been Devine vs Ingleside, which side would yall had sit at :)

Thats easy, Ingleside :)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2011, 08:27 PM
The FG makes him 3 behind the record.maybe a fg to close out the half and set the national record...

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2011, 08:28 PM
I predicted 49-21 texans

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Devine closing the gap 24-12 2nd qtr

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 08:32 PM
wow, a safety

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Both teams are 2nd half teams in the playoffs so could get interesting.

99IHSMustang
12-03-2011, 08:35 PM
I am cheering for Devine and am starting to get dirty looks and have some older gentlemen talking smack to me :)

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Beat Nelms is about to rip someone a new one. Sure could get interesting if they could punch this in before half.

Gonzales alum
12-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Score???

99IHSMustang
12-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Did I mention I am on Wimberly's side

SintonFan_inAustin
Score???24-12 Wimberley

Sadler with 139 yds 1 td.

SintonFan
I am cheering for Devine and am starting to get dirty looks and have some older gentlemen talking smack to me :)

Wha colors r day werin'? crips or wat? :eek:

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 08:39 PM
nevermind lol.

Wimbo up 24-12 at half

Gonzales alum
12-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Keep us posted with scores!! Looks like it's a good game.

pirate4state
12-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Did I mention I am on Wimberly's side

Me too! With my MAROON gear on to boot! :)

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Me too! With my MAROON gear on to boot! :)

Where are you sitting?
I'm on 50 @ top row

99IHSMustang
12-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Wha colors r day werin'? crips or wat? :eek:

Lol.. I am wearing red so maybe they think I am a Wimberly fan rooting for Devine

Gonzales alum
12-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Still 3rd quarter??

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 09:20 PM
still halftime

99IHSMustang
12-03-2011, 09:24 PM
still halftime

3 mins left in 3rd

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 09:28 PM
my bad, had some technical issues with my internet feed

zebrablue2
12-03-2011, 09:30 PM
31-12 Wimberly heading into the 4th qt...

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Wimberley eating up clock about 4 mins left. Looks like Sadler will come up 3 points short of the record.

TD Wimbo 38-12

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Sadler break anymore records tonight?

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Sadler breaks one for 42yds and they have it down in the red zone. Might get it yet.

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Just missed a td pass that was intercepted by jones!!!

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 09:52 PM
never mind, interception in end zone while trying to hit Sadler.

zebrablue2
12-03-2011, 09:58 PM
31-12 Wimberly heading into the 4th qt...

38-12 final. Congrats Texans. Very good season Warhorses. Very proud of both teams..

Aesculus gilmus
12-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Where is the game with Coldspring going to be played?

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 10:03 PM
38-12 F

Congrats Wimberley and good luck next week. Also need to congratulate Devine and Mr. Sadler on a magical season you Sir represented everything thats good about FNF the whole year.

PO

SHSBulldog00
12-03-2011, 10:05 PM
I picked Wimberley to win, just wish Sadler would have broke the record http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-038.gif

Congrats to Devine and Joseph Sadler on a phenomenal year. Good Luck to Wimberley vs. Coldspring, represent Region IV with PRIDE!!!!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-067.gif

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 10:21 PM
I heard it was in Waller ???

Trojanswin
12-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I heard in Bastrop.
Just speculation though.
Congrats Wimberley.
See you next week. Round 2.:2thumbsup

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I predicted wimberley by 28. They won by 26.

Trojanswin
12-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Where is the game with Coldspring going to be played?
Friday in Bastrop at 7:30.
Wimberley is Home Team
From the CS coaching staff

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Wimberley is Home Team
I heard that was the location if Devine won

wimbo_pro
12-03-2011, 11:29 PM
I am proud of our Texans! It wasn't perfect, it was even a little ugly at times...and it definitely wasn't as easy as the score might reflect...but we took it to them, and hit them hard. I am sure they are hurting tonight, it was an extremely physical game. Sadler is all they say he is, quick as a cat with incredible vision. I regret he didnt get the records he was chasing, but our defense was just lights out tonight. Hats off to Mr. Sadler...I might not ever get a chance to see someone chase the records like he did.

gold_33
12-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Awesome performance by our defense, they flew to the ball and made it tough for Sadler to get going. Offense looked sloppy again but did a great job of running the ball with Smith, Wilson and Kelley. Smith played lights out I thought and ran as hard as I've seen him this season. Sadler was shifty and quick but looked to get beat up against our D and looked wore down by the 3rd qtr and didnt have the same burst he had at the beginning of the game. Great job Texans, lets get some payback on Coldspring now!!

HEMOTOXIC
12-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Bastrop? Waller?

gold_33
12-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Bastrop 7:30pm Friday, Wimberley won the toss

HEMOTOXIC
12-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Bastrop 7:30pm Friday, Wimberley won the toss

Thanks. I was hoping for Waller considering it's 25 min away from me here in Houston... Good Luck to both teams!

wimbo_pro
12-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Sadler was shifty and quick but looked to get beat up against our D and looked wore down by the 3rd qtr and didnt have the same burst he had at the beginning of the game.

He DID look beat up. I saw him limping slightly. Our defense hammered him hard at every turn. But still, he was/is a threat on every play. We are just WAY too physical for a player to go both ways, return kick offs and punts, then kick off, and kick field goals, and kick extra points, and punt....just too much. I think what we saw is a result of the weak schedule Devine played all year, plus their lack of depth. They werent used to the pounding.

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Defense had a great game again! Hard to believe Sadler had 210 yards! Offense had a few problems but Devine's defense had a hand it that.
Congrats to Devine and Sadler on a great season. Sorry you didn't get the record ! No shame in losing to a better team.

Manso/V8
12-03-2011, 11:57 PM
He DID look beat up. I saw him limping slightly. Our defense hammered him hard at every turn. But still, he was/is a threat on every play. We are just WAY too physical for a player to go both ways, and kick off, and kick field goals, and kick extra points, and punt....just too much. I think what we saw is a result of the weak schedule Devine played all year. They werent used to the pounding.

oh man, c'mon wimbo....get over yourself! Didn't the kid run for over 200 yards? Doesn't Wimberley have several kids that go both ways at least at least some of the time, or maybe all of time?

gold_33
12-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Defense has really picked it up since Taylor and are playing some good ball. They are flying around and punishing guys, even on long runs guys are still getting tackled hard down field. Our defense dominated this game plain and simple, and Devine was too one dimensional to make it a game once we got up on them.

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Defense has really picked it up since Taylor and are playing some good ball. They are flying around and punishing guys, even on long runs guys are still getting tackled hard down field. Our defense dominated this game plain and simple, and Devine was too one dimensional to make it a game once we got up on them.

Exactly as predicted. MaxPreps had us winning by 26! Bring on the Trojans!

mike_angler
12-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Outstanding performance by the D. One mistake made in over pursuing Sadler and he made them pay with a 70 plus yard score. Otherwise they were hitting him at and behind the line with enough team pursuit to contain the cut back. Congratulations Devine and Sadler on a great season. Time to get ready for Coldspring. I'm glad it's in Bastrop. I was not looking forward to the drive to Waller.

Sportshack
12-04-2011, 12:07 AM
oh man, c'mon wimbo....get over yourself! Didn't the kid run for over 200 yards? Doesn't Wimberley have several kids that go both ways at least at least some of the time, or maybe all of time?

To be fair the last 42 yd run was against reserves as it was late in game. Notwithstanding, he is a GREAT back and taking those front line guys out in such numbers almost guaranteed one of his patented break away runs. He only had one other for 68 yards and a TD. Soooo....he had 110 yards on 2 plays. To be fair to him...he appeared bottled up on the 68 yd TD run and very much broke that run with great moves and speed. He was indeed very fast!!! I can see how he has done so well. However, he looked very spent and took quite a bit of punishment on the night.

The D-line did a marvelous job of holding the point and letting the LB's do their thing. I bet that Alden Mann had 20 tackles at least!!!!

wimbo_pro
12-04-2011, 12:08 AM

Manso...you would of had to of been there. They had Sadler doing EVERYTHING, until he wore down. Running almost every play on offense, returning kick offs and punts (till he wore down), defender on the kick off team, on defense a few times, Xtra points, field goals....No, we do not have players playing anywhere NEAR as much as he does/did. It showed towards the end of the game. Just stating the obvious...he was getting hammered and STILL put up great yardage...but only one TD and one field goal. What a talent he is!

Sportshack
12-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Devine did a good job of limiting Texans' passing game. Although, there still were some big catches by Holliman and Blakemore. However,the wimberley ground game came to life and pounded the rock...Kelley good game, Wilson good game, Smith good game. O-line got it done. LB'S were outstanding. Devine played decent on defense but started wearing down as they have big guys going both ways and I am sure they were used to just steamrolling folks. Devine was a very solid team but the one dimensional thing is tough when a team holds you in check for most of the night.

Sportshack
12-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Wimberley is Home Team

That is what I heard. Wimberley won the flip and chose Bastrop.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Manso...you would of had to of been there. They had Sadler doing EVERYTHING, until he wore down. Running almost every play on offense, returning kick offs and punts (till he wore down), defender on the kick off team, on defense a few times, Xtra points, field goals....No, we do not have players playing anywhere NEAR as much as he does/did. It showed towards the end of the game. Just stating the obvious...he was getting hammered and STILL put up great yardage...but only one TD and one field goal. What a talent he is!Had Sadler scoring a td, extra point and 2 fgs! Look like that would happen but they went for it on 4th and long before half. That was his chance to get the 13 points. Didn't miss on the score by much, had it 35-13

wimbo_pro
12-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Had Sadler scoring a td, extra point and 2 fgs! Look like that would happen but they went for it on 4th and long before half. That was his chance to get the 13 points. Didn't miss on the score by much, had it 35-13

Good call, SintonFan. I think I had it 42-21 or something like that...over all, it went down kind of like I thought, except their defense performed far better than I thought. Add to it our offense struggled a bit (very concerning, to be honest, but for another thread), but our defense did what I thought it would. We shut down the scoring of Devine. Yes, we gave up yards (Sadler is REALLY good!), but stopped the scoring. Thats what counts.

Sportshack
12-04-2011, 12:34 AM
Congrats to the Texans' coaching staff. Especially, the defensive coaches. Great scheme...DT's Blake Guidry, Connor Kothman, Triston Moore, and Jackson King all did a great job of holding point and keeping LB's clean. Also could have easily been 45-12 as the block in the back on Blakemore's punt return was totally unnecessary as he had the edge and and was off to the races. How about him just bowling over the last defender at the 4 yd line and carrying him into the end zone!!! Another tone setting play although it was all for naught.

ogg
12-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Wimberley’s defense is just an ass kicking group of guys. Great discipline, pursuit, tackling skills and they play smart. They’re fun to watch. Smith again, showed he plays a lot of positions very well, Highlighted most when carrying the ball. Everyone played great, love our coaches.

WOW, what a crowd!

Coldspring!

ogg
12-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Congrats to the Texans' coaching staff. Especially, the defensive coaches. Great scheme...DT's Blake Guidry, Connor Kothman, Triston Moore, and Jackson King all did a great job of holding point and keeping LB's clean. Also could have easily been 45-12 as the block in the back on Blakemore's punt return was totally unnecessary as he had the edge and and was off to the races. How about him just bowling over the last defender at the 4 yd line and carrying him into the end zone!!! Another tone setting play although it was all for naught.

Yeah, I saw who he Bowled over too.

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 12:38 AM
To be fair the last 42 yd run was against reserves as it was late in game. Notwithstanding, he is a GREAT back and taking those front line guys out in such numbers almost guaranteed one of his patented break away runs. He only had one other for 68 yards and a TD. Soooo....he had 110 yards on 2 plays. To be fair to him...he appeared bottled up on the 68 yd TD run and very much broke that run with great moves and speed. He was indeed very fast!!! I can see how he has done so well. However, he looked very spent and took quite a bit of punishment on the night.

The D-line did a marvelous job of holding the point and letting the LB's do their thing. I bet that Alden Mann had 20 tackles at least!!!!

Mann was TSRN Radio's player of the game!

Tejastrue
12-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Where is that Lost Owl???

Sportshack
12-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Crowd was something like 9540 or thereabouts. Very impressive both sides full. Devine had the bigger crowd and had standing room only forcing stadium to open up end zone seats. I think there were lot of casual football fans there just to see the game on WHS side. However, Wimberley crowd was also big...but Devine really came out in force. The ticket lines were miserable over an hour before the game.

Sportshack
12-04-2011, 12:42 AM

That dern LUCKY CHARM!!!

ogg

He's lost,,,finally!

wimbo_pro
Score was closer than it should have been. We MUST fix our offensive miscues....penalties, bad snaps, etc. This game should have been out of reach by halftime.

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Score was closer than it should have been. We MUST fix our offensive miscues....penalties, bad snaps, etc. This game should have been out of reach by halftime.

We were running the ball very well but the coaches kept going to the air. I say keep running until they stop it! Kelly had an awesome run and they never go back to him?

Tejastrue
12-04-2011, 12:48 AM

Amen to that.

ogg
12-04-2011, 12:49 AM

True but only one turnover that I remember.

Sportshack
12-04-2011, 12:50 AM

The Warhorses just worked to take away Blakemore and our O-line has rarely created great running lanes early in ball games. The interception hurt as it slowed us and gave them great field position to allow them to close within 14. The penalty on Wilson for face mask when he stiff armed the defender to get around the end was just a dern bad break. However not like the illegal procedure type stuff in Sweeny game. That is 2nd crazy snap in as many weeks. Cost us both times. I guess the crazy block in back on Punt return also hurt but that was in 3rd qtr. Devine had big defensive line (not mobile though) and played better in secondary against pass than anticipated. Hats off. We were able to run and stop the run. Good to be diverse.

Tejastrue
We were running the ball very well but the coaches kept going to the air. I say keep running until they stop it! Kelly had an awesome run and they never go back to him?

Yeah, our biggest success was with the inside power runs. Kelly looked possessed!

wimbo_pro

I dont have a problem with their selection of plays, it was more the execution of those selected plays. Our Defense has definitely gotten better, as they must in the play offs to get to the Big Dance. But has our offense? Not since the Gonzales game, in my view, have we improved from the previous week. But...the good news is....we are due a break out game on offense, and no better time to do it than Coldspring, right?

wimbo_pro
12-04-2011, 12:52 AM
True but only one turnover that I remember.

One INT, one bad snap that led to a touchback and 2 points. I consider that TWO turnovers.

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 12:55 AM
One INT, one bad snap that led to a touchback and 2 points. I consider that TWO turnovers.

That would be a safety:)

wimbo_pro
12-04-2011, 12:58 AM
That would be a safety:)

Oops!! of course...but anyways, I consider THAT a turnover!

pirate4state
12-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Defense wins championships and Wimberley's D was on fire tonight. I think I predicted 42-28. Really wanted to see Sadler get the national record. Oh well...he & the Warhorses had a great season! :clap: I really wish I could see Wimberley D vs. Coldspring D next week, but I'll have to settle for watching the winner in 2 weeks.

Great game, Texans. Good luck next week!

rb585
12-04-2011, 01:00 AM
I think Sadler got banged up late in the first half on that long run that ended with the face mask penalty. He wasn't the same after that, and in the second half when they didn't run him on a 3rd-and-3 and then on the ensuing 4th-and-2...well, something was wrong.

Devine's defense was much better than I expected. That was about as ineffective as I've ever seen Lambert.

That fumble on the second kickoff was a real killer for Devine.

Awesooooooooome crowd from Devine. Congrats on the season.

rb585
12-04-2011, 01:02 AM
I heard that was the location if Devine won

Yeah, I heard Waller for us, but I would much prefer Bastrop.

Sportshack
12-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Yeah, our biggest success was with the inside power runs. Kelly looked possessed!

Trint Wilson also did a good job getting the edge a couple of times. He has a burst through the hole. Smith showed good patience letting the creases develop in traffic and then taking off. Oy!!

The interior running will get exponentially harder next week!!

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 01:19 AM
I think Sadler got banged up late in the first half on that long run that ended with the face mask penalty. He wasn't the same after that, and in the second half when they didn't run him on a 3rd-and-3 and then on the ensuing 4th-and-2...well, something was wrong.

I noticed that too. Smith really pounded Sadler on that tackle!

rb585
12-04-2011, 01:22 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/Devine-denied-Sadler-short-of-record-2342814.php

I think that's a picture of that tackle.

Los Owls
12-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Wimberley did what they had to do on defense and they had a good game...Best team won tonight....Gotta give some props to Sadler and his boys cause they did play pretty good on defense being Wimberley was suppose to be an explosive offense...Sadler did his damage on the ground and even though short on his record he did earn a impressive 207 yards against a good defense...Not bad for being a 1 dimentional guy on offense...Don't know much on Coldspring but,if they can mix their offense plays with pass and run they can make it a game against the Texans..Devine lacked the passing game and it came back to hurt them in this round....All i can say is go get that State Title and bring it back to Region 4....

A week after setting state and area records, along with helping Devine to its first 13 win-season, Joseph Sadler was hoping to reach a bigger milestone.

Wimberley spoiled the running back's chance at a national record and Devine's shot at its first Class 3A Division II title by powering its way to a 38-12 before a crowd of 9,502 on Saturday night at Comalander Stadium.

Sadler, who broke the state single-season scoring record and area single-season rushing mark a week ago, needed 13 points to eclipse the national scoring mark of 453 points set by Brett Law (Sheridan, Ind.) in 1988. Sadler had a 67-yard touchdown run and PAT, along with a 21-yard field goal, but ended up three points short.

Catching Wimberley was a bigger hurdle. The Texans (13-0), who advance to the semifinals for a rematch with Coldspring, held Sadler to 207 yards on 33 carries and forced six turnovers.

“It's more disappointing not winning,” said Sadler, who finished with 3,887 yards this season. “Wimberley is a really good team. They fly to the football and make plays. You have to give Wimberley credit.”

Wimberley delivered a double whammy in building a 24-12 halftime lead.

Following Albertano Avila's 28-yard field goal, Devine's fumble on the ensuing kick set up Kolby Kelley's 6-yard TD run.

After Dennis Smith's 5-yard touchdown scamper, Colton Fonville added a 15-yard interception TD return less than two minutes later.

Wimberley delivered the final blow in the second half with an 80-yard, eight-play drive and a 60-yard, nine-play march that came after a Devine fumble.

“We lost to a really good ballclub,” Devine coach Chad Quisenberry said. “We had way too many turnovers and way too many mistakes. This isn't the way you want it to end, but I am so proud of our kids.”

Even with Wimberley in control, Sadler still had a shot at the national mark.

He was stopped on a 48-yard sprint in the final minutes. And on the final play of his high school career, Sadler broke away for 23 yards but was tackled as time ran out.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2011, 01:36 AM
I REALLY wanted him to have that record. I feel kind of sad he didnt get it, to tell you the truth.

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 01:38 AM
I REALLY wanted him to have that record. I feel kind of sad he didnt get it, to tell you the truth.

I thought he had it on the pass to the end zone before Jones made that great pick!

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 01:42 AM
http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/wimberley/wimberley-tops-devine-in-state-football-playoffs-2011046.html

Tejastrue
12-04-2011, 01:43 AM

I know a lot of us wanted him to get the record. Just not the kids playing against him tonight.

Sportshack
12-04-2011, 02:14 AM
I know a lot of us wanted him to get the record. Just not the kids playing against him tonight.

I thought he might get it when I saw all the reserves hitting the field right before he broke of 48 yd run late. However, front like guys came back in after that play. Nice interception by Jones on the attempted pass play to thwart the scoring threat. So it goes. I would have liked to have seen him get it as well since game was clearly out of hand. Impressive player. Better than I thought from watching the video clips I had seen.

bulldog82
12-04-2011, 04:03 AM

Not so fast, if it wasn't for DW miscues this game would have been a lot closer and maybe reversed. I won't get into it with you over the what if's, but WHS better get it fixed. Seems they do just enough to get the win. Watched CS friday and they played almost error free. Now all B S ing aside let's get it done this year! Not that you want me on your band wagon, but go kick some east texas speed. I'll get off if you want, don't want to jinks anyone. And the cymbol player was quite entertaining too.

warhorsejoe
12-04-2011, 07:30 AM
I'll start by Congratulating wimberley on their win. Second to my Warhorses on an outstanding season and to Mr Sadler for playing with a lot of HEART. Sadler was already hurt comming into this game but when your heart is bigger then your WILL, the outcome may not be what you wanted it to be. This was the toughest loss we have ever experienced and sometimes those experience is what make you a better person. This whole town came together because of our team and our Warhorses set a higher standered for next year and years to come.

I'll see y'all next year on here since I'm only here during our football season. All I want now is to have that State Championship in region 4 and be able to say, we lost to a State Champion.

Go Texans!!!

Los Owls
12-04-2011, 09:36 AM
just too much. I think what we saw is a result of the weak schedule Devine played all year, plus their lack of depth. They werent used to the pounding.
Wimbopro,why do you continue with Devine had a weak schedule..Sadler and his boys were 13-0 and you guys were 13-0 and yalls offense was not as sharp as you made it seem..I think Devines defense had something to do with it..Hey,but a win is a win perod,NO EXCUSES,but weak schedule i don't buy...so i guess all the teams you beat played a weak schedule except yall....You play each game everyweek against a different opponent and everygame you prepare different...I really hope you guys do Win the State Title and bring it to Regin 4...Now the pressure is on you to win it...I really don't want to come here and say you lost cause yall had a weak schedule and a lack of depth....But,a 1 dimentional player pounded 207 yards on an excellent defense...

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 09:40 AM
I'll start by Congratulating wimberley on their win. Second to my Warhorses on an outstanding season and to Mr Sadler for playing with a lot of HEART. Sadler was already hurt comming into this game but when your heart is bigger then your WILL, the outcome may not be what you wanted it to be. This was the toughest loss we have ever experienced and sometimes those experience is what make you a better person. This whole town came together because of our team and our Warhorses set a higher standered for next year and years to come.

I'll see y'all next year on here since I'm only here during our football season. All I want now is to have that State Championship in region 4 and be able to say, we lost to a State Champion.

Go Texans!!!

Thnks Joe! Sadler and the Warhorses are a class act! I'm truly sorry he didn't get the national record but breaking Hall's record is quite an accomplishment!. Congrats on a great season! There are only six 3A teams still playing now so your team made it farther than most! Come to Bastrop Friday and bring your fans. You have LOTS of them! Largest crowd of the year at Comalander and 75% were there to see your team!

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 09:42 AM
http://lonestargridiron.com/2011/11/29/devine-warhorses-13-0-vs-wimberley-texans-13-0/

wimbo_pro
12-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Not so fast, if it wasn't for DW miscues this game would have been a lot closer and maybe reversed. I won't get into it with you over the what if's, but WHS better get it fixed. Seems they do just enough to get the win. Watched CS friday and they played almost error free. Now all B S ing aside let's get it done this year! Not that you want me on your band wagon, but go kick some east texas speed. I'll get off if you want, don't want to jinks anyone. And the cymbol player was quite entertaining too.

Bulldog...first of all, definitely stick around and give us your input for the remaining season...you are always welcome, and you'll keep us homers honest!. Secondly, Please do not think I am dissing Devine in any way, they played even better than I thought they would, and no need for me to heap any more praise on Sir Sadler. My point is...look at OUR miscues! This game could have been far worse if Devine had their miscues and we had none...thats my point. I am looking for perfection (never gonna get it, I know) in MY team, not dissing Devine at all. Nothing but respect for them.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2011, 10:20 AM

Go Texans!!!

It's been a pleasure, Joe! Stick around till the finals, will ya? Whether its us or not in the game, its always fun to wind down football come the holiday season, and to kind of cap off the season with friends. It makes the wait for next year a little easier!

I have never seen...NEVER SEEN...such town spirit and support. NEVER. That was incredible. I am sorry to hear he was hurt coming in, but that makes sense now. He really showed heart, but I could tell he was hurting. What a kid, what a town....Salute to Devine!

wimbo_pro
12-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Wimbopro,why do you continue with Devine had a weak schedule..Sadler and his boys were 13-0 and you guys were 13-0 and yalls offense was not as sharp as you made it seem..I think Devines defense had something to do with it..Hey,but a win is a win perod,NO EXCUSES,but weak schedule i don't buy...so i guess all the teams you beat played a weak schedule except yall....You play each game everyweek against a different opponent and everygame you prepare different...I really hope you guys do Win the State Title and bring it to Regin 4...Now the pressure is on you to win it...I really don't want to come here and say you lost cause yall had a weak schedule and a lack of depth....But,a 1 dimentional player pounded 207 yards on an excellent defense...

Los Owls...I am working strictly off of published stats, I dont make these things up. And you are right, all the teams we played in Region 4 (except Taylor) had a weaker schedule according to the stats. My OPINION of what the stats mean is just that...an opinion....but the statsare there for you to see.
http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/txhsfbratings.php?year=2011&class=3A

Devine's defense surprised me, I expected a collapse towards the end like the last couple opponents, but it didnt come. They showed heart and fight and class. And I am not terribly surprised Sadler got 207 yds...he is that good. I saw two runs where his moves and vision made the entire Wimberley crowd gasp. I'm not kidding, we gasped. What a runner! Now we know he was hurt coming in, and he got pounded pretty hard (if you were there, you would have to agree).

Regarding moving forward...Coldspring definitely has played a weaker schedule than we did, according to the stats. Go check it out!

wimbo_pro
12-04-2011, 10:46 AM
and you guys were 13-0 and yalls offense was not as sharp as you made it seem....

Los Owls, you speak the truth on this one. I am worried about this too. We (I) expected an explosion of offensive perfection. It didnt happen. We struggled to get rolling, and yes, Devine deserves much of the credit. But I can tell you thats not the execution we saw with Gonzales. If we execute like we did last night, Coldspring will roll over us.

Sportshack
12-04-2011, 11:31 AM

I was even more impressed with Joseph Sadler in person than I was going into game and I was very impressed going into the game. His long TD run was amazing because he appeared bottled up. I do want to offer some perspective on the performance of defense against the Warhorse offensive machine. Sadler had a beautiful 68 yard TD run and much of credit goes to him on play. I read where he had a 48-yard run late in 4th qtr and as I previously mentioned the Texans' coaches had just sent in a host of reserves on that play. With his unique abilities it was no surprise he ripped off that run. He also finished the game with a 23 yard run on the last play (the starters were in for Texans). I recall another burst up the middle for probably 15 yards when a face mask was tacked on the end. That represents roughly 154 yds of production. Sadler had 33 carries on the game. Therefore, he had 53 additional yards on the other 29 carries. That is about a 1.8 yd average through those 29 carries. I only point this out because folks talking about the 207 yards that he gained on the ground does not quite reflect how dominant the Texans' defense was overall.

Devine's secondary and LB's did a good job against the pass. The DB's were much better than expected. The interception and return by #39 from Devine was a thing of beauty. The Texans' defense held Warhorses to FG however. The Texans generated 14 so called easy points points off turnovers and Devine generated 5 so called easy points off of turnovers. Both teams faced same adversity with turnover deep in own end of field. Texans held to field goal. Warhorses gave up TD with 2 straight running plays. Devine was a quality opponent regardless of who they had played before.

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Damn, I thought The Gingerbread Man had it. Wide open in the EZ, a floated pass and a great pick by the safety, denied him the National Scoring Record. I left Comalander totally bummed out I admit. :(

What an impressive showing from the folks of Devine? Not a soul remained back in their fine community I assure you. Massive crowd packed their stands, with all the overflow spots taken by their faithful as well. Awesome showing Warhorses. Over 9 thousand officially attended this game, and I'd say closer to 12,000 were there. So glad I could see this event in person.

Congrats to both fine schools. Devine, nothing to hang your head about. And Wimberley, your are a fine rep of R4 with your talented club. I hope to see ya'll again in Dallas. Good luck and thanks to both schools for giving this HS football fan, a excited Saturday in SA.

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Damn, I thought The Gingerbread Man had it. Wide open in the EZ, a floated pass and a great pick by the safety, denied him the National Scoring Record. I left Comalander totally bummed out I admit. :
I thought he had it too! QB just lofted it to high or he would have had it. Odd feeling to be dissapointed for the other team!:confused: Great play by Reed Jones on the pick!

Got a great postgame pic of Sadler hugging his teammates at midfield but I can't post attachments for some reason?

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 01:27 PM
oppps, NM:(

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Is this one played at Bears Stadium in Bastrop or that newer school over there?

rb585
12-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Wimbopro,why do you continue with Devine had a weak schedule...

What part of this do you disagree with?

By comparison, Wimberley’s opponents have a combined record of 71-62, while Devine’s opposition is 53-82.

rb585
12-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Is this one played at Bears Stadium in Bastrop or that newer school over there?

Awesome new stadium on 21 west of town: http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1290

It's not as big as Comalander, but I suspect that Coldspring won't bring quite as many fans as Devine. :)

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Awesome new stadium on 21 west of town: http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1290

It's not as big as Comalander, but I suspect that Coldspring won't bring quite as many fans as Devine. :)

I'm thinking Devine will have quite a few fans show up.

Sportshack
12-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Nice...even closer.