PDA

View Full Version : Tech-Baylor

Bull Butter
11-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Anyone know why RG3 is not in the game?

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2011, 09:01 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say the hit to the head he took just before half. I just got back in to watch from the kitchen, so if they said at halftime, I didn't hear.

skins4life
11-26-2011, 09:15 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say the hit to the head he took just before half. I just got back in to watch from the kitchen, so if they said at halftime, I didn't hear.

That's pretty much what happened. The side line reporter said Briles told her he was fine just taking precautions.

Bull Butter
11-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Not that it's gonna matter much. Tech may very well have the worst Defense in NCAA history

ExScoop
11-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Raiders have fallen apart

skins4life
11-26-2011, 09:39 PM
:
Not that it's gonna matter much. Tech may very well have the worst Defense in NCAA history

:iagree:

Phil C
11-26-2011, 09:42 PM
It unfortunate and probably his chances were slim but RGIII may have lost his chance at the Heisman tonight which is a shame.

ExScoop
11-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Game turning out to be a track meet

regaleagle
11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
No he's got a nationally televised game next week against the Horns. That's the exact reason Briles is sitting him now and taking precautions. They want to have him at 100% next week and felt that they could win tonite against this defense no problemo, and they were right.

Emerson1
11-26-2011, 10:05 PM
No he's got a nationally televised game next week against the Horns. That's the exact reason Briles is sitting him now and taking precautions. They want to have him at 100% next week and felt that they could win tonite against this defense no problemo, and they were right.

Uhhhhhh considering Tech beat OU and Baylor's defense is terrible I highly doubt that Briles would be sitting the greatest player in Baylor history as a precaution.

regaleagle
11-26-2011, 10:14 PM
well then, let's hear your opinion, by all means. The sideline reporter talked to briles, and that's what he told her. But let's hear your take on this. I would like to know what you think the reason is.

ExScoop
11-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Refs are throwing too many flags-Need to let them play-Close to over 200 yards in total penalties

Emerson1
11-26-2011, 10:18 PM
well then, let's hear your opinion, by all means. The sideline reporter talked to briles, and that's what he told her. But let's hear your take on this. I would like to know what you think the reason is.
Really? REALLY? When has a coach ever given truthful information to the annoying sideline reporters they have no interest in talking to? The reason is because was he is legitimately injured. They announcers even said they wanted to save Florence's redshirt. So Baylor just wouldn't just waste an entire year of a player's eligibility to be cautious.

ExScoop
11-26-2011, 10:18 PM
How did the Aggies beat the Bears 55-28 and what will happen when the Bears play the Longhorns next week?

regaleagle
11-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Well, I'm sure the team doctor didn't let RGIII back in the game after the head hit because he was seriously injured. An I tend to believe what Art Briles will say over what you may be guessing, DR EMERSON. Although your reasoning sounds legitimate, I think I can expect to see Mr Griffin playing next week at full strength. And as far as Joey Florence is concerned, that decision was an easy one to make, considering RG's Heisman chances. Better to show him in the last week on a nationally televised game than taking chances tonite against this TECH team they can handle anyway.

sahen
11-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Griffin obviously had his bell rung and had a concussion....hopefully he can be back next week, but with head injuries you never know...Briles told the sideline reporter that Griffin was fine at the half and obviously they thought he was as Griffin came back and ran for a TD and kneeled out the half, but the doctor's must have re-evaluated him at the half and said he needed to sit...there is no way they would have burned NICK Florence's red shirt if Griffin was even semi-ok...they would have stuck in the 2nd string Petty and if things went bad put back in Griffin...Florence was red shirting so that if Griffin goes pro he would have 2 years of elgibility left...now, if Griffin goes he will only have one...unfortunate turn of events but glad we won the game and kept a shot at a 10 win season alive...

Griffin will probably get invited to New York for the Heisman ceremony if he plays against UT and has a good game, but I dont think he will win it...if he comes back next year I think he will be the favorite to win it, but right now that is a huge IF in my opinion...

Bull Butter
11-27-2011, 02:36 AM
I highly doubt that Briles would be sitting the greatest player in Baylor history as a precaution.
I didn't know Mike Singletary was still playing

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Uhhhhhh considering Tech beat OU
So did Baylor... :p

WildTexan972
11-27-2011, 02:35 PM
when will you people learn? It is against the law to give ANY personal health info about anyone else....so the coach-speak of "as a precaution" is better than the other method of "no comment".....RG3 scored a td after his injury, but the ODDS are that upon further inspection by the team doctor at the half it was considered too much risk when this kid has a serious payday coming from the NFL and Baylor was only playing Tech with Terrible Tommy coaching (if you can call what he does "coaching").......

I am a Tech grad and hate to see this team become such a laughing stock, but hance and tommy have gotten that accomplished....80% of the BigCow teams qualified for bowls and Tech was not one of them....pitiful, just pitiful......

at least I am Baptist so I could cheer against terrible tommy and have an excuse for doing so......ole tommy got em to 5-7 this year and he started his excuses before the first game - young and injuries - back at Auburn he went 5-6 and lost to Alabama and got fired - they care more about results from a multi-million dollar coach at Auburn that hance does at Tech.....

Eagle 1
11-27-2011, 08:33 PM
At least Mike Leach had Tech bowl eligible every year they were in the Big 12.
Like I said before, I believe there were others outside of TT who something to do with Leach's firing, and I'm not talking about Craig James. Leach was considered a threat to other teams in the Big 12. I'll leave it at that.