PDA

View Full Version : La Marque and Ozen postgame brawl

lbjacj
11-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Saw this posted on twitter...

Fight between teams after game. Cops spraying mace on Ozen and La Marque players:ack!:

La Marque and Ozen players brawl after LM's 18-6 victory. Several players had to be restrained by police.

Necks 1981
11-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Typical!

SHSBulldog00
11-26-2011, 05:33 PM

Fight between teams after game. Cops spraying mace on Ozen and La Marque players:ack!:

La Marque and Ozen players brawl after LM's 18-6 victory. Several players had to be restrained by police.

Welcome to our Future District:eek:

Old Tiger
11-26-2011, 05:37 PM
video?

Dogs_21
11-26-2011, 05:40 PM

lol Amen! just imagine if they were in 3A Div II Region 4 this year...............:eek:

turbostud
11-26-2011, 05:58 PM

LOL, have fun.

rancher
11-26-2011, 06:50 PM
The cops should have just let them fight and then pick up the bodies that are left. But nothing will become of this. The UIL will just pass this off as part of the "culture" and tell the schools not to do this again. I can tell you this, I and a lot of my friends are packing at every game to defend ourselves.

BaseballUmp
11-26-2011, 09:07 PM
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Fight-mars-end-of-Ozen-s-playoff-run-2294207.php

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2011, 09:13 PM
i can tell you this, i and a lot of my friends are packing at every game to defend ourselves.
WOW! :speech: Somehow, I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Dumb and dumber. Lose and Win with grace. It's a sport.

ExScoop
11-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Things are getting out of control

Emerson1
11-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Every player in those pictures have one thing in common...

scrub c
11-26-2011, 10:17 PM
great, and these guys are coming to our district...

garciap77
11-26-2011, 11:24 PM

Fight between teams after game. Cops spraying mace on Ozen and La Marque players :ack!:

Were they protesting?:D

turbostud
11-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Were they protesting?:D

LOL, I bet someone gets sued.

Manso/V8
11-26-2011, 11:58 PM
I can tell you this, I and a lot of my friends are packing at every game to defend ourselves.

Packing what?

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Packing what?Midol I hope.

zebrablue2
11-27-2011, 12:46 AM

Very SAD!!!

coach
11-27-2011, 02:23 AM
Every player in those pictures have one thing in common...

They were all

Wearing pads??

buckeyebob
11-27-2011, 07:28 AM
They were all

Wearing pads??

Dummy...the helments!!

2007...Dallas Roosevelt lost in Qtr. Fini 42-36 to the Bux...they emptied the bench on us...no security in sight...cold-cocked a coach...our guys did not throw a punch...had to get our kids off the field & into the busses with their unis on & a police escourt out of town...the following week we played Abilene Wylie in Metro...there were rumors floating around that the Roosevelt bunch was coming to settle the score...hairy time...the UIL told Roosevelt to not do that anymore & we were moved to Reg. 1 so we would not have to "play a Metro team until finals"...Can't help but love the UIL & DISD... (PS - several players on the team were ineligble...their stud back had an appt. & only went to schooll for practice on occasion.

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 08:16 AM
They were all

Wearing pads?? Mini or maxi?

Well they should have been.

WOS92
11-27-2011, 09:17 AM
If you're referring to the fact that all of the students focused on were Ozen students - which I hope you were - then I would say that it's from the Beaumont paper, which obviously would post a pic of an Ozen player being restrained, since their readership could give a fart about LaMarque.

If you were referring to something else, then I'm going to pretend I don't understand.

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Ive got it!!!! Keen eye Emerson; keen eye indeed. Every cop in these pics has the opposite thing in common. ;)

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Dummy...the helments!!

2007...Dallas Roosevelt lost in Qtr. Fini 42-36 to the Bux...they emptied the bench on us...no security in sight...cold-cocked a coach...our guys did not throw a punch...had to get our kids off the field & into the busses with their unis on & a police escourt out of town...the following week we played Abilene Wylie in Metro...there were rumors floating around that the Roosevelt bunch was coming to settle the score...hairy time...the UIL told Roosevelt to not do that anymore & we were moved to Reg. 1 so we would not have to "play a Metro team until finals"...Can't help but love the UIL & DISD... (PS - several players on the team were ineligble...their stud back had an appt. & only went to schooll for practice on occasion.

Gilmer was moved to region I? wow I did not know that...also u realize that Gilmer is back in region II and could have played Velt this year in play offs.

And do you realy believe Velt players were gonna come settle the score the next week LOL...They were classless and it was stupid on their part but come on man LOL

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 11:15 AM

Sad, but--true SHS.:confused:

Old Tiger
11-27-2011, 11:22 AM
It won't be that big a deal in their 3a district. They will blow everyone out.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 11:25 AM

They should.

99IHSMustang
11-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Do you honestly think that it stops some of these teenagers from mouthing off?

If they have footage of the La Marque and Ozen game when the fight started it needs to be reviewed. There should be plenty of assault charges to go around if this really wants to be pursued. The victims on either end don't have to file the charges, as long as there is footage the cops can.

Old Tiger
11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Do you honestly think that it stops some of these teenagers from mouthing off?

If they have footage of the La Marque and Ozen game when the fight started it needs to be reviewed. There should be plenty of assault charges to go around if this really wants to be pursued. The victims on either end don't have to file the charges, as long as there is footage the cops can.Everything I heard points to Ozen starting the incident.

Emerson1
11-27-2011, 01:41 PM
They were all

wearing pads??
Yep, at least take your helmet off to use it as a weapon. Not sure what these other people were seeing.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Everything I heard points to Ozen starting the incident.

whr ya get that info? I would love to read the two sides

Old Tiger
11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
whr ya get that info? I would love to read the two sidesHonestly just made it up to see if anyone had anything to say but there is a 50/50 chance it is true.

Roughneck93
11-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Here's one sides view. From the Galveston Daily News.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/275422 (http://galvestondailynews.com/story/275422)

3afan
11-27-2011, 02:12 PM
.....the uil told roosevelt to not do that anymore & we were moved to reg. 1 so we would not have to "play a metro team until finals"....

lol!

Emerson1
11-27-2011, 03:13 PM
How stupid are these coaches? After all that previous stuff there is no point in doing the stupid handshake. Just go home.

WOS92
11-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Here's the other side. The GDN "article" was an editorial, meaning that much of it was opinion. I don't think anyone was "forced" to get involved in the fight. Here's an actual news story:
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Fight-mars-end-of-Ozen-s-playoff-run-2294207.php

Matthew328
11-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Dummy...the helments!!

Huh??

buckeyebob
11-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Gilmer was moved to region I? wow I did not know that...also u realize that Gilmer is back in region II and could have played Velt this year in play offs.

And do you realy believe Velt players were gonna come settle the score the next week LOL...They were classless and it was stupid on their part but come on man LOL

We had no idea what to believe...never had any prior experience..."but come on man" - they had already proven how classless they were when they cleared the bench...I did not mention that if the stadium had not had a tall chain link fence in front of the stands, the stands would have been on the field too.
Fully aware we are Region II...see UIL Playoff Chart...believe me, we were watching the status of Roosevelt and gad to see Princeton with the "W".
We are a small East Texas town and are kinda insulated from this sort of thing...the closest we come is a personal foul...we had an off-setting dual Friday night...the ref. stopped the game, signalled off-setting, motioned for the Buckeye to come over to the Van Alstyne side, the players shook hands, and the whistle blew...I noticed later on the same Buckeye helping the VA guy up...that is the way it is supposed to be.

buckeyebob
11-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Here's one sides view. From the Galveston Daily News.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/275422 (http://galvestondailynews.com/story/275422)

This guy fits right in with the rest of the idiots & morons!

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Everything I heard points to Ozen starting the incident. The article says LM players were talking crap and one of them pushed an Ozen player in the back, starting the fight.

Also, a LM player threw a punch at an Ozen DB in the 4th qt.

Matthew328
11-28-2011, 08:58 AM
talked to the LM coach and their side is slightly different....truth is somewhere in the middle and the reality is both are at fault