PDA

View Full Version : To Van Alstyne

Buckeye80
11-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Congratulations to the Panther players and fans on a very successful season!

To the fans:
Keep supporting those kids. Y'all have a great program brewing with a huge amount of youth and upside. Y'all showed up and rooted the kids on till the very end; extremely good to see!

To the Panther players:
You guys lost to a better team. There is absolutely NO shame in that!! Y'all played your butts off and never lost your cool and never showed any signs of bad sportsmanship. That's how you know that you have a program that can win like a champion; you first can lose like a champion. Don't hang your heads at all kids!! From the standpoint of a Gilmer fan who is accustomed to success, I can tell y'all that you guys are only gonna get better. This year represented the birth of a great program at Van Alstyne. I'm very proud of all of you! Way to go!!!!!:clap:

orange machine
11-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Good post I'm sure they appreciate it!

regaleagle
11-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Very gracious post and congrats to Van Alstyne on a great season.

OldNavy
11-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Especially considering they have 2A numbers and will compete well there next year.

Buckeye80
11-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Especially considering they have 2A numbers and will compete well there next year.

I would have to watch the film to count, but my guess is no more than thirty kids on the Van Alstyne team. No surprise if they drop.

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 04:58 PM

To the fans:
Keep supporting those kids. Y'all have a great program brewing with a huge amount of youth and upside. Y'all showed up and rooted the kids on till the very end; extremely good to see!

To the Panther players:
You guys lost to a better team. There is absolutely NO shame in that!! Y'all played your butts off and never lost your cool and never showed any signs of bad sportsmanship. That's how you know that you have a program that can win like a champion; you first can lose like a champion. Don't hang your heads at all kids!! From the standpoint of a Gilmer fan who is accustomed to success, I can tell y'all that you guys are only gonna get better. This year represented the birth of a great program at Van Alstyne. I'm very proud of all of you! Way to go!!!!!:clap:

Super my Brother...the Panthers were there 'til the very end...Good Job.

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 07:56 PM

To the fans:

To the Panther players:
You guys lost to a better team. There is absolutely NO shame in that!! Y'all played your butts off and never lost your cool and never showed any signs of bad sportsmanship. That's how you know that you have a program that can win like a champion; you first can lose like a champion. Don't hang your heads at all kids!! From the standpoint of a Gilmer fan who is accustomed to success, I can tell y'all that you guys are only gonna get better. This year represented the birth of a great program at Van Alstyne. I'm very proud of all of you! Way to go!!!!!:clap:I agree and what a show of class by you.:2thumbsup I think I will jump on Gilmer's bandwagon if you beat Argyle next week because of that.

buckeyebob
11-27-2011, 07:34 AM
I agree and what a show of class by you.:2thumbsup I think I will jump on Gilmer's bandwagon if you beat Argyle next week because of that.

Come on now...it's a forgone conclusion...remember...

BigAl72
11-29-2011, 02:22 PM

To the fans:

To the Panther players:

Thanks Buckeye80,
We had a great time at regionals, still wish we could've won the game. Gilmer has a great team, very well coached, awesome fans! It was a good night for a High School Football game. I wish we could say see ya next year, but are moving down our young kids will learn from the experiance and our fans will also. My two sons are better players for playing against a great opponent! Good Luck to Buckeyes, go Win State!

waterboy
11-29-2011, 02:47 PM
I concur with Buckeye80. Van Alstyne is definitely a CLASS ACT and a CLASS PROGRAM. They will most definitely be in the mix next year in 2A when they meet programs with similar numbers. They absolutely played their butts off, and stayed in the game well into the third quarter, even though they had so many players going both ways. There was absolutely NO dirty play or trash talk. I was very impressed with the way the players, coaches, and fans composed themselves. I tip my hat to y'all, and think the Panther program is one that all teams should emulate.

buckeyebob
11-30-2011, 05:00 AM
I concur with Buckeye80. Van Alstyne is definitely a CLASS ACT and a CLASS PROGRAM. They will most definitely be in the mix next year in 2A when they meet programs with similar numbers. They absolutely played their butts off, and stayed in the game well into the third quarter, even though they had so many players going both ways. There was absolutely NO dirty play or trash talk. I was very impressed with the way the players, coaches, and fans composed themselves. I tip my hat to y'all, and think the Panther program is one that all teams should emulate.

Agree...Daingerfield better look out.

BigAl72
11-30-2011, 09:08 AM
"Experience" Sorry for the mis spelled word!