PDA

View Full Version : Wharton/Devine (Meet and Greet)

YTBulldogs
11-26-2011, 11:08 AM
"Saturday @ Sinton -- half-time west end EZ just outside ticket gate"--P4S

Is this the scoreboard EZ or away from scoreboard?

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Its the west side LOL

I think the scoreboard is on the east.

Its on the same side as the ticket gate where you come in. You cant confuse it.

AND, is there ANY chance this game might get postponed beause of weather? cuz that would suck huge ones

YTBulldogs
11-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Its the west side LOL

I think the scoreboard is on the east.

Its on the same side as the ticket gate where you come in. You cant confuse it.

AND, is there ANY chance this game might get postponed beause of weather? cuz that would suck huge ones

No, it will not get canceled. Just wind expected at game time. Rain should be over with by then.

I wasn't sure if they had two ways to come into stadium SA. And, without the sun, I have no clue which way is east from west at a place I never been before. :p

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 11:16 AM
No, it will not get canceled. Just wind expected at game time. Rain should be over with by then.

I wasn't sure if they had two ways to come into stadium SA. And, without the sun, I have no clue which way is east from west at a place I never been before. :p okay, well the wind ought to make it interesting. Neither teams throws a lot, but Wharton does throw it some. The wind will greatly affect 3rd/4th and long/ punts/kickoffs....

I LOVE football in crappy weather

YTBulldogs
WH Joe, make sure you stop by and say hi buddy. I'll have my Yoakum hat on. Safe travels to all.

Saggy Aggie
WH Joe, make sure you stop by and say hi buddy. I'll have my Yoakum hat on. Safe travels to all. I'll be sure to wear my West Columbia hat and my Texas A&M shirt, which will prolly be covered by a jacket LOL

YTBulldogs
11-26-2011, 11:19 AM
okay, well the wind ought to make it interesting. Neither teams throws a lot, but Wharton does throw it some. The wind will greatly affect 3rd/4th and long/ punts/kickoffs....

I LOVE football in crappy weather

I just love HS football. And, now I get a chance to see a record possibly broken that has been held since 1953, by Ken Hall, who is a legend in Texas HS football. Can always say, I was at this one in person, if it goes another 50+ years as a record.

YTBulldogs
11-26-2011, 11:21 AM
I'll be sure to wear my West Columbia hat and my Texas A&M shirt, which will prolly be covered by a jacket LOL

Congrats to your WC club too SA. Like I said, I'll be rooting for them if they won. They will have their hands full though versus CH.

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Congrats to your WC club too SA. Like I said, I'll be rooting for them if they won. They will have their hands full though versus CH. No doubt about that. They stomped us last year but were looking for revenge this year

pirate4state
11-26-2011, 11:32 AM
I heard they *might* open up the east gates (at softball entrance) so just stick with west end ez, opposite scoreboard. I'll see yall there. Make sure and bring your coat!!!

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 11:37 AM
I heard they *might* open up the east gates (at softball entrance) so just stick with west end ez, opposite scoreboard. I'll see yall there. Make sure and bring your coat!!! sit on the wharton side :D

YTBulldogs
11-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Warhorsejoe lately? Hope he's ok!!! Odd not seeing him one here the day of the game.

He may already be at his seat at Pirate Stadium.:)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Warhorsejoe lately? Hope he's ok!!! Odd not seeing him one here the day of the game.

He may already be at his seat at Pirate Stadium.:)I did see him online at 5 am this morning so could be at the stadium already :)

YTBulldogs
11-26-2011, 12:12 PM
I did see him online at 5 am this morning so could be at the stadium already :)

LOL. He' so excited and rightfully so. That Community is buzzing.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2011, 12:19 PM
LOL. He' so excited and rightfully so. That Community is buzzing.Did i meet you at the Refugio/Poth game? chatted with some Yoakum folks before the game and we ended up talking baseball :)

YTBulldogs
11-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Did i meet you at the Refugio/Poth game? chatted with some Yoakum folks before the game and we ended up talking baseball :)

No, I had to work.:( You going to the game today?

pirate4state
11-26-2011, 12:59 PM
I think Warhorse is at the stadium!!! there are people camped out right now!!!

YTBulldogs
11-26-2011, 01:03 PM
I think Warhorse is at the stadium!!! there are people camped out right now!!!

LOL. That has to be Joe. He is ready.

WARHORSE84
11-26-2011, 01:42 PM
LOL. That has to be Joe. He is ready.

There were some fans that left Devine at 8:00 am. I will leave Devine hopefully by 2:30.

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm leaving around 2. See you guys there

Best of luck to both teams and everyone drive safe.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Leaving around 3 pm to the game from Corpus and looks like rain clouds towards Sinton. Any rain yet in Sinton?

pirate4state
11-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Leaving around 3 pm to the game from Corpus and looks like rain clouds towards Sinton. Any rain yet in Sinton?

Not yet. its nice & windy

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Me, p4s and Phil are just outside the ticket gate on the west emtrance

ExScoop
11-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Radio announcers said that there were 5,000 Devine Fans and Wharton had a big turnout as well

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Whartons turnout was pathetic. Better than a typical Wharton fan base, but about 1/3 of what Devine had. And I doubt Devine had 5000

ExScoop
11-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Tiger fans have never traveled well since as long back since 1985-When Tigers played Burnet in Round Rock one year, Burnet fans were sitting on Wharton side. i don't think Wharton didn't charter any buses tonight. East Bernard and Sonora each had two chartered buses to San Antonio Alamo Dome today. Sonora football team came to San Antonio on Friday and spent the night-So I was told

pirate4state
11-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Well only me, saggy aggy & phil c showed up. Needless to say that will most likely be my last M&G. Good to see you B and Phil C!

warhorsejoe
11-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Im one tired SOB. I got there late and could not get my phone to open 3adownlow to get update on the MnG. Im good luck for Devine, as soon as I got there we started to roll. Sorry I missed out on M&G but it sounds like no one even met up. What happen?

SHSBulldog00
11-27-2011, 09:56 AM
I couldn't make it for family reasons.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 10:16 AM
I was the only one there.:) Well, me and about 4 law officers. No one else made it. Guess they wanted to stay warm. Smart, that wind was something else.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Well only me, saggy aggy & phil c showed up. Needless to say that will most likely be my last M&G. Good to see you B and Phil C!

I made it, never seen ya'll. I was standing where they pulled the gate across to keep both side's apart, near ticket booth. Then, I walked and stood by the monuments on the home side, near to ticket booth. Was looked for SA in her WC cap and A&M jacket. Dern it.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Liked the stadium by the way too. Home folks very friendly.

warhorsejoe
11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
I though that was you, JK. Your right about Sinton, nice people, nice town and nice stadium there. I need to move out there someday then I could become "WarHorseJoeNsinton" :clap:

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 11:09 AM
All Sinton's facilities were top notched. Softball, baseball facilities don't get no better either. Sinton home folks/players should be very proud what you have there.

I brought a couple YT folks with me, and we said to one another, we gotta get in a tournament here or play them in games here.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Well only me, saggy aggy & phil c showed up. Needless to say that will most likely be my last M&G. Good to see you B and Phil C!i went down to get a frito pie and head over there but the lines weren't moving!

YTBulldogs
11-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Appears they left the stadium and gathered. Thought someone mentioned somewhere you can't leave the stadium once in, thus--- I stood inside the stadium, near the correct ticket booth. :(

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Appears they left the stadium and gathered. Thought someone mentioned somewhere you can't leave the stadium once in, thus--- I stood inside the stadium, near the correct ticket booth. :(yea normally its just outside the stadium and normally you can leave and come back in as long as you have your ticket stub. Yoakum fan left during pregame to go get a hootie from the store across the street.

Roughneck93
11-27-2011, 01:28 PM
I didn't want to lose my seat!! We were packed in up there.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2011, 01:34 PM
I didn't want to lose my seat!! We were packed in up there.lol! yea saw couple of people lose thier seats when they got back as they were snatched up after they left to get some food.