PDA

View Full Version : FEDORA to BRYAN

rancher
11-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Hearing from good sources inside Bryan ISD that since Bob Bellard was told to hit the road, Lee Fedora is the number one target to be hired. Source told me they could not go forward until Navasota completed their season. Will he stay or go? Hard job to pass on, good pay, good athletics and close to home.

Old Tiger
11-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Haven't they had these rumors that he would be going to that area for like 3-4 years now?

Lucky2Coach
11-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Hearing from good sources inside Bryan ISD that since Bob Bellard was told to hit the road, Lee Fedora is the number one target to be hired. Source told me they could not go forward until Navasota completed their season. Will he stay or go? Hard job to pass on, good pay, good athletics and close to home.

Fedora would be a good hire! I am also hearing Kiff Hardin's name being thrown around. He is from Rowlett HS in the metroplex. Dang good coach as well!!!

1st and goal
11-26-2011, 10:02 AM
He already turned down the new job at the new HS in College Station.

This could get interesting.

HawkEye
11-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Fedora was reportedly contacted by BISD the day after Bob Bellard resigned. The question is: Is Bryan High a better job than Navasota. Fedora has all that he want and needs with the Rattlers. He has several assistants who do not teach. He has total control over his program from 7th grade on up. He is in a district that he can be successful most seasons. This was suppossed to be his "down year" and they went into 3rd round. Word is that he has talent stacked down to the 7th grade. Bryan on the other hand is in chaos. Numbers are way down in program due to several factors. Rudder opening up took 1400 or so kids to that side of town. The demographics have shifted drastically in the past few years. The facilities are old (even though Green Stadium is a still a good stadium, press box is bad). Weight room is 3A size. Community support is not there like in the Merrill Green/Marty Criswell days. The junior highs feeding Bryan High are not producing much talent. Also, next re-alignment Bryan will head either to the Conroe area, or possibly to Katy. They do not have the horses to compete with the Houston suburb schools
The big question is, does Lee think he can come in and turn this around....or...does he stay where he has a better situation. Sometimes getting more A's to your title doesn't mean things are better. I wish him luck either way.

Buff42
11-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Lee Fedora is THE benchmark for a quality, classy coach IMO- at any level. If I were in his shoes, I would sit tight, continue to develop my program and reputation, and take the "right" college job when (definitely not if) it comes along. I see no upside to his taking the Bryan job, but what do I know?

Old Tiger
11-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Lee Fedora is THE benchmark for a quality, classy coach IMO- at any level. If I were in his shoes, I would sit tight, continue to develop my program and reputation, and take the "right" college job when (definitely not if) it comes along. I see no upside to his taking the Bryan job, but what do I know?Or the right job in 4a/5a? I think he likes being the AD/HC too much and the small school atmosphere.

Buff42
11-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Or the right job in 4a/5a? I think he likes being the AD/HC too much and the small school atmosphere.

I don't know enough to say. It's only my opinion that he could have a shot at a D1 head coaching job, like his brother Larry at Southern Mississippi.

zebrablue2
11-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Lee Fedora is THE benchmark for a quality, classy coach IMO- at any level. If I were in his shoes, I would sit tight, continue to develop my program and reputation, and take the "right" college job when (definitely not if) it comes along. I see no upside to his taking the Bryan job, but what do I know?

:iagree:

rancher
11-26-2011, 04:04 PM
My source is also telling me that if it is not Fedora, they are contacting a coach on the Aggie staff who played at Bryan. I think they said his name was Charles McMillian. I know nothing about him except he has a lot of college experience.

SHSBulldog00
11-26-2011, 04:12 PM
He already turned down the new job at the new HS in College Station.

This could get interesting.

What is the new HS in College Station and when is it opening?

Old Tiger
11-26-2011, 04:25 PM
What is the new HS in College Station and when is it opening?M&A Consolidated

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2011, 07:07 PM
What is the new HS in College Station and when is it opening?

The new school is College Station High School home of the Cougars with their colors being purple and black.