PDA

View Full Version : Monahans Vs Shallowater Quarter Finals

tex_male
11-26-2011, 02:01 AM
Monahans Loboes vs Shallowater Mustangs Friday 7:30 @ Grande Communications Stadium in Midland.

tex_male
11-26-2011, 02:14 AM
I have seen Shallowater twice this year. 1st was scrimmage with Monahans 2nd was them against Snyder. They have some fast guys on both sides of the ball, Monahans Defense should be able to stop them. We will see if they can stop the Loboes Wing T.

LionFan72
11-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Winged T works just fine when you have the talent to fill the slots, worked for a few championships:clap:

M-town lobo fan
11-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Bet this game messed up everyones Bracket lol Who wouldve ever thought this match up in QTR finals..

Tin Cup
11-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Bet this game messed up everyones Bracket lol Who wouldve ever thought this match up in QTR finals..

There were about 5 teams that could win this region this year. There was no Brownwood 2010 or Alvarado 2011 in this bracket. That makes for great competition but a scary scary semifinal matchup for whoever wins and whoever they play.

I don't know anything about Shallowater but it's obvious that have have talent on both sides to beat Snyder.

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Whats the farthest Monahans has gone? Seems like they lose about the 2nd/3rd round every year. Maybe this year they get to the semi's

skins4life
11-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Whats the farthest Monahans has gone? Seems like they lose about the 2nd/3rd round every year. Maybe this year they get to the semi's

I believe they went 4 deep last year and lost to Brownwood at San Angelo.

tex_male
11-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Grande will be a packed house. This stadiam has became the second Home of the Loboes only being a 50 min. drive from Monahans. Noticed Shallowater travels good as well. Enjoyed talking to a few of their fans after their game against Snyder plus talking with the one that traveled on to Sweetwater.

regaleagle
11-26-2011, 02:09 PM
I had Monahans winning the Region in D2. That is still what I feel, and they are right on track. I just felt Snyder was too one-demensional and someone would eventually stop Ward, or he would have a bad game, or he would get hurt. I will be surprised if Monahans does not win this one. I think they are positioned and ready to win the region and play in a semifinal against either Argyle or Gilmer.

20loboes10
11-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Monahans can handle Shallowater and should come home with the victory. I watched the scrimmage against Shallowater and if the Loboes qb Navarro can throw the ball alittle better and give the running game some breathing room Monahans will be fine. If Shallowater can keep the running game in check and get pressure on Navarro it could be a long night.

M-town lobo fan
11-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Monahans can handle Shallowater and should come home with the victory. I watched the scrimmage against Shallowater and if the Loboes qb Navarro can throw the ball alittle better and give the running game some breathing room Monahans will be fine. If Shallowater can keep the running game in check and get pressure on Navarro it could be a long night.
I Agree!!! Our passing game has been struggling all season long..When we schrimaged Shallowater as I recall we didnt move the ball on the ground at all..We won 1-0 and the only score came on a broken coverage pass to #20 Marcum.That was a long time ago and both teams have improved since..Should be a good defensive game..Loboes should pull out a close one unless coach decides to call bonehead kickoffs again..Who kicks onsides with a 3 point lead and a 10 point lead in the 4th when your D has been laying lights out all night.Why give them half the field with 5 min left and the lead ????

Tres Lobos
11-26-2011, 08:06 PM
I Agree!!! Our passing game has been struggling all season long..When we schrimaged Shallowater as I recall we didnt move the ball on the ground at all..We won 1-0 and the only score came on a broken coverage pass to #20 Marcum.That was a long time ago and both teams have improved since..Should be a good defensive game..Loboes should pull out a close one unless coach decides to call bonehead kickoffs again..Who kicks onsides with a 3 point lead and a 10 point lead in the 4th when your D has been laying lights out all night.Why give them half the field with 5 min left and the lead ????

Kicking into the wind and the kickoff team has been shaky all season?? I'm pretty sure that's why he made that "bonehead call." He had confidence in his defense and knew it didn't matter where brownwood had the ball. I think you should keep the play calling to the coaches big boy.

DukeNukem
11-26-2011, 09:46 PM

Bonehead? You thinking he was really trying to onside kick instead of avoiding a big return is bonehead. You critcizing a coach, qb, and team still playing in the quarterfinals is bonehead. Like Tres Lobos said why dont you leave the coaching and playing to the big boys.

garciap77
11-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Monahans Loboes vs Shallowater Mustangs Friday 7:30 @ Grande Communications Stadium in Midland.

I'm going with the Lobos!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

EagleEye
11-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Go Mighty Loboes, Fight Fight Fight! Go Green Go. I am so proud of these guys. They could have laid down after that Seminole loss but they regrouped and have gotten better each week. They have a bunch of great fans who travel with them and boy were they loud in Sweetwater. Pretty slow the first half but after the adjustment they played lights out in the second half and showed their true spirit. Proud of you guys and keep up the hard work and tough play.

M-town lobo fan
11-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Bonehead? You thinking he was really trying to onside kick instead of avoiding a big return is bonehead. You critcizing a coach, qb, and team still playing in the quarterfinals is bonehead. Like Tres Lobos said why dont you leave the coaching and playing to the big boys.
Whether you like it or Tres Lobos likes it or your the coach's son best friend likes it..I know it,Coach knows it,The Fans know it,the opposing team knows it and you yourself knows it it was a BONEHEAD kick!!Theres a difference between a squib kick and onside kick..That might work against Clint,Estacado,Brownwood but we get get deeper in the playoffs it will catch up to us and cost us the game..Its playoffs not preseason we should have the kicking game down 13 weeks going into the season no room for error..

BwdLion73
11-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Whether you like it or Tres Lobos likes it or your the coach's son best friend likes it..I know it,Coach knows it,The Fans know it,the opposing team knows it and you yourself knows it it was a BONEHEAD kick!!Theres a difference between a squib kick and onside kick..That might work against Clint,Estacado,Brownwood but we get get deeper in the playoffs it will catch up to us and cost us the game..Its playoffs not preseason we should have the kicking game down 13 weeks going into the season no room for error..

:eek:...and I wish we had not tried a halfback pass after getting the turnover...would have loved to been up 17-0. However if we had completed the pass then I would be saying "thats what I would have called". Great hard hitting game GO GRINGO !

EagleEye
11-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Anyone know who the Home Team is going to be?

tex_male
11-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Anyone know who the Home Team is going to be?

Loboes are Home Team

Class 3A Quarterfinal Championship
Shallowater Mustangs (11-2) (visitors) vs. Monahans Loboes (11-2) (home)
Friday, December 2nd at 7:30 pm
Grande Communications Stadium in Midland
Advance Ticket Sales: $6-Adults $4-Students

FrmSTx
11-27-2011, 09:06 PM
might make it out for this one! should be a good one!

Tin Cup
11-27-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't think the kicks were bonehead at all. Few reasons: 1 you're kicking into a 25mph wind so absolute best case your kicker gets it to the 20 and our speedsters get a return. 2 you're pooch kicking has been suspect and kicking it out of bounds doesn't benefit anything. And 3 you have a legit chance of it bouncing off a player or getting a clean recovery and getting the ball. Brownwood wasn't running the ball well and the field position battle was in Brownwoods favor with the wind at their back anyway.

Just remember, if you kicked it deep and Brownwood returned it for a TD that would have been "bonehead" also. If Monahans gets by Shallow, I'd bet a pretty penny you won't kick it deep one single time. The team speed will be at a whole nother level than anything you've seen all year.

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 09:31 PM
If Monahans gets by Shallow, I'd bet a pretty penny you won't kick it deep one single time. The team speed will be at a whole nother level than anything you've seen all year.

Shhhh.......That kind of talk gets people here all riled up!!! ;)

M-town lobo fan
11-27-2011, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=Tin Cup;1643646]I don't think the kicks were bonehead at all. Few reasons: 1 you're kicking into a 25mph wind so absolute best case your kicker gets it to the 20 and our speedsters get a return. 2 you're pooch kicking has been suspect and kicking it out of bounds doesn't benefit anything. And 3 you have a legit chance of it bouncing off a player or getting a clean recovery and getting the ball. Brownwood wasn't running the ball well and the field position battle was in Brownwoods favor with the wind at their back anyway.

I understand your kicking it into the wind and your trying not to get a return on it but there is a difference between a onside kick and a squib kick..So I guees its not Bonehead to give the opponent the ball at the 50 yrd line with a 10 point lead with 5 min remaining OK!! Thats why they only drove 20 yrds and kicked a fg and made it a 1 posssion game..Oh my bad Forgot Brownwood kicked an onside too when they had 10-0 lead thats how they let us in the game..lol

Tres Lobos
11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
I understand your kicking it into the wind and your trying not to get a return on it but there is a difference between a onside kick and a squib kick..So I guees its not Bonehead to give the opponent the ball at the 50 yrd line with a 10 point lead with 5 min remaining OK!! Thats why they only drove 20 yrds and kicked a fg and made it a 1 posssion game..Oh my bad Forgot Brownwood kicked an onside too when they had 10-0 lead thats how they let us in the game..lol

It was obviously a squib kick and the guy got in the way. There aren't many onside kicks that are kicked as hard as you can right in the middle of the field. You probably have a lot of experience coaching though so I understand how you can second guess the coaches...

M-town lobo fan
11-28-2011, 07:12 AM
It was obviously a squib kick and the guy got in the way. There aren't many onside kicks that are kicked as hard as you can right in the middle of the field. You probably have a lot of experience coaching though so I understand how you can second guess the coaches...

Yeah maybe your right but I never seen that twice in a row or maybe it was the kicers fault he didnt kick it hard enough.No telling but Im sure Coach is going to get fixed.Anyways enough about the kickoff.Loboes won and we are playing December Football thats all that matters.Go Loboes!!!Oh by the way I have some coaching experience. I coach my Madden Team to a Superbowl every year does that count? lol

tex_male
11-28-2011, 09:55 PM
As of today the National Weather Service is projecting in Midland on Friday: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 39.

Friday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 34.

Red&White_9x5
11-29-2011, 09:34 AM
As someone who had seen Snyder more than once, I can say I was shocked that they got beat. The Mustangs must be pretty dang salty. However, Monahans got after Brownwood pretty good with the wing T attack. My prediction is the Loboes move on to the state semi-finals!!!

LIONS#1
11-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Monahans by 7!!!

WTF-82
11-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Loboes 28-14

WTF-82
11-30-2011, 11:25 PM
This is gonna be a fun game hard to top the hitting war of Brownwood & Lobo game last friday. But this the State Quarterfinals you must get better every week if you want to stay alive, I think Snyder found out the hard way. This is a very scary Game Shallowater Defense loves to bring it they have some great Football players. The winner of this game is going to be the team that plays the best on defensive side of the ball. Expect 12,000 fans in Midland incredible atmoshere. Lobo Nation lets do this !!! Expect a sea of Green to invade Midland's Grande Stadium.

WTF-82
11-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Also for all the Brownwood posters. Just want to say I was very impressed the Lions last friday they held there heads high after that tough loss and Bob Shipley can not say nothing but great things about this man was very impressed after the game the way he continued to rise it up and show God our Lord first no matter what, to his staff his players and community when a coach can do this specially after hurting so bad after that kind of game is just incredible. I also heard him do it last year after the Carthage game.
Hope to see yall in Midland.

bulldog82
12-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Anytime a coach can do that, and show his kids to display respect it always a WIN!

garciap77
12-01-2011, 08:49 AM
:eek:...and I wish we had not tried a halfback pass after getting the turnover...would have loved to been up 17-0. However if we had completed the pass then I would be saying "thats what I would have called". Great hard hitting game GO GRINGO !

GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO!

BuckeyeNut
12-01-2011, 09:54 AM
I will go with who ever is closer to Gilmer :)

hollywood
12-01-2011, 10:06 AM
I will go with who ever is closer to Gilmer :)

That would be Argyle :wave:

LIONS#1
12-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Also for all the Brownwood posters. Just want to say I was very impressed the Lions last friday they held there heads high after that tough loss and Bob Shipley can not say nothing but great things about this man was very impressed after the game the way he continued to rise it up and show God our Lord first no matter what, to his staff his players and community when a coach can do this specially after hurting so bad after that kind of game is just incredible. I also heard him do it last year after the Carthage game.
Hope to see yall in Midland.

Bob Shipley is an awesome man!! We at Brownwood are so fortunate to have him....Hope he sticks around!!

tex_male
12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Go loboes!

tex_male
12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO! GO! Green GO!

You picking us by 21 like all your other picks?

95mustang
12-01-2011, 09:27 PM
However, Monahans got after Brownwood pretty good with the wing T attack. My prediction is the Loboes move on to the state semi-finals!!!

I wouldn't say they got after Brownwood pretty good. It was a close hard hitting game and Monahans came out on top. It was one or two plays away from going the other direction. I am taking nothing away from Monahans, that got the job done, but they also knew they were in a battle. I took the time to visit and congratulate several players and parents from Monahans after the game and most of them had the same thing to say and that was...that it was to close for comfort. I have much respect for Coach Owens and what he has been able to do in Monahans. I am very familiar with the program going back to the early nineties. My vote is the green gets it done this weekend. Monahans by 14.

tex_male
12-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Point Forecast: Midland TX

Today: A 50 percent chance of rain or drizzle. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 40. Northeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 37. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Old LB
12-02-2011, 11:36 AM

Today: A 50 percent chance of rain or drizzle. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 40. Northeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 37. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

That shouldn't bother those West Texas Boys, might be miserable for the fans though. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

LionFan72
12-02-2011, 11:37 AM

Gonna have to grab a handle for the pigskin, Green! Take it to em, Monahans by 17.

tex_male
12-02-2011, 01:02 PM
That shouldn't bother those West Texas Boys, might be miserable for the fans though. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Fans will be so fired up we won't notice the cold. :clap:

EagleEye
12-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Just saw on the paper that the winner of this game will play next friday in Abilene at Wylie High School at 7:30.

regaleagle
12-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Weather-impacted game equals low scoring. Monahans 2l-14.