PDA

View Full Version : 3A D1 GotW Semi-Final (I vs II): Alvarado - Henderson

Pages : [1] 2 3

bobcat4life
11-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Should be a good one. After tonight I gotta go with Henderson

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 02:06 AM
Should be a good one. After tonight I gotta go with HendersonDoesn't surprise me. I guess id go with the team that whipped my butt.

Lions88
11-26-2011, 03:03 AM
OK its back to a rematch of Henderson and Alvarado. Alvarado is really better than last, BUT we have Del this year and we have really turned it on. I think the Spread Offense and what Del can do is going to really hurt the Indians this time around. I know alvarado has seen spread offenses in the playoffs but none like the east texas speed that you are going to see. I think that you are going to have a really hard time with this and Del scrambling to make plays if the field isnt open for throwing. Celina struggled big time with the speed that we had. Alvarado, sorry to say but Tyler Bates and Wayne Onderdonk wont lead you to a win. The defense will shut down your running game and that Defense wont be able to handle it. Good luck little Indians, especially the "Darkside". You are going to need it my friends

Henderson: 35
Alvarado 14

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 06:41 AM
OK its back to a rematch of Henderson and Alvarado. Alvarado is really better than last, BUT we have Del this year and we have really turned it on. I think the Spread Offense and what Del can do is going to really hurt the Indians this time around. I know alvarado has seen spread offenses in the playoffs but none like the east texas speed that you are going to see. I think that you are going to have a really hard time with this and Del scrambling to make plays if the field isnt open for throwing. Celina struggled big time with the speed that we had. Alvarado, sorry to say but Tyler Bates and Wayne Onderdonk wont lead you to a win. The defense will shut down your running game and that Defense wont be able to handle it. Good luck little Indians, especially the "Darkside". You are going to need it my friends

Henderson: 35
Alvarado 14

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif

The Lions are unbeatable...Alvarado is in deep do-do.

sandbagger
11-26-2011, 07:48 AM

Dont think alvarado is celina. Alvarado has been tested, unlike celina. Theres a reason celina has played a week sch the last 2 seasons.

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Dont think alvarado is celina. Alvarado has been tested, unlike celina. Theres a reason celina has played a week sch the last 2 seasons.LMAO. You are a joke dude. You never could be Celina so you hate on them your whole life.:rolleyes:

LionFan72
11-26-2011, 09:28 AM
After Alvarado handled Seminole handily, I think the Indians will step up and take the Lions out this year. Should be the GTW for this week, it will be a war! Alvarado 35-Henderson 28.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1642723]OK its back to a rematch of Henderson and Alvarado. Alvarado is really better than last, BUT we have Del this year and we have really turned it on. I think the Spread Offense and what Del can do is going to really hurt the Indians this time around. I know alvarado has seen spread offenses in the playoffs but none like the east texas speed that you are going to see. I think that you are going to have a really hard time with this and Del scrambling to make plays if the field isnt open for throwing. Celina struggled big time with the speed that we had. Alvarado, sorry to say but Tyler Bates and Wayne Onderdonk wont lead you to a win. The defense will shut down your running game and that Defense wont be able to handle it. Good luck little Indians, especially the "Darkside". You are going to need it my friends

I tell you what.. The combo of the QB and WR of Seminole is all as good as Hendersons players.. Just as fast and probably a lot more accurate.. Ive seen film of Henderson and they arent what they were last year.. As a matter of fact I watched the game against Gilmer.. All I saw was you get beat and your kids klids body language said it all... You get in a hole and you fold.. No heart at all.. You had a good game against Celina but we are not Celina. All this talk about EAST TEXAS SPEED... LMAO.... What happened to your poor little Carthage? Where was the speed then?? Didn't they beat you Henderson? 42-21?? Was your QB in that game? Argyle is from Central texas.. Do you think a central Texas team shut that east Texas speed down? I think they did.. Now youre over confident because you've won a few games.. Your team hasnt played the team with the BEST defense in the sate.. remember defense wins championships.. Not a few quick kids.. Funny all I hear is east texas speed... That seems to be all yall have to hang your hat on.. I think you're in for a rude awakening.
Be careful on all your bragging.. and smack talk.. it may come back to bite ya.. NO ONE has scored more that 9 pts on us in the past 9 games.. 34 pts given up in the past 9 games... TOTAL.. good luck Henderson..

Emerson1
11-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Time and place? Mesquite Memorial makes the most sense.

3afan
11-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Argyle is from Central texas.. .

= loss of credibility

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 10:16 AM
= loss of credibilityExcuse me.... North Central... That's what DFW is considered.. Just like ALVARADO. Me = Plenty of credibility. Sorry to miss that one.

Emerson1
11-26-2011, 10:31 AM
North Texas.

12thMan
11-26-2011, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1642723]OK its back to a rematch of Henderson and Alvarado. Alvarado is really better than last, BUT we have Del this year and we have really turned it on. I think the Spread Offense and what Del can do is going to really hurt the Indians this time around. I know alvarado has seen spread offenses in the playoffs but none like the east texas speed that you are going to see. I think that you are going to have a really hard time with this and Del scrambling to make plays if the field isnt open for throwing. Celina struggled big time with the speed that we had. Alvarado, sorry to say but Tyler Bates and Wayne Onderdonk wont lead you to a win. The defense will shut down your running game and that Defense wont be able to handle it. Good luck little Indians, especially the "Darkside". You are going to need it my friends

I tell you what.. The combo of the QB and WR of Seminole is all as good as Hendersons players.. Just as fast and probably a lot more accurate.. Ive seen film of Henderson and they arent what they were last year.. As a matter of fact I watched the game against Gilmer.. All I saw was you get beat and your kids klids body language said it all... You get in a hole and you fold.. No heart at all.. You had a good game against Celina but we are not Celina. All this talk about EAST TEXAS SPEED... LMAO.... What happened to your poor little Carthage? Where was the speed then?? Didn't they beat you Henderson? 42-21?? Was your QB in that game? Argyle is from Central texas.. Do you think a central Texas team shut that east Texas speed down? I think they did.. Now youre over confident because you've won a few games.. Your team hasnt played the team with the BEST defense in the sate.. remember defense wins championships.. Not a few quick kids.. Funny all I hear is east texas speed... That seems to be all yall have to hang your hat on.. I think you're in for a rude awakening.
Be careful on all your bragging.. and smack talk.. it may come back to bite ya.. NO ONE has scored more that 9 pts on us in the past 9 games.. 34 pts given up in the past 9 games... TOTAL.. good luck Henderson..

Go ahead and look at all the games Henderson lost. That's what Celina did. Henderson is a different team than they were in district. Last year the same thing happened to Henderson. They struggled in district then turned it on in the playoffs and won state.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 10:46 AM
[QUOTE=COBRAFOOTBALL;1642759]

Go ahead and look at all the games Henderson lost. That's what Celina did. Henderson is a different team than they were in district. Last year the same thing happened to Henderson. They struggled in district then turned it on in the playoffs and won state.I agree.. Im not saying Henderson is not a great team.. Its just they will be surprised..

defense51
11-26-2011, 10:48 AM

Go ahead and look at all the games Henderson lost. That's what Celina did. Henderson is a different team than they were in district. Last year the same thing happened to Henderson. They struggled in district then turned it on in the playoffs and won state.
Wrong! Henderson was just a better team than Celina last night. But you are right about Henderson moving to a different level in the playoffs. This should be a great game!

Lions88
11-26-2011, 11:13 AM

I tell you what.. The combo of the QB and WR of Seminole is all as good as Hendersons players.. Just as fast and probably a lot more accurate.. Ive seen film of Henderson and they arent whalot they were last year.. As a matter of fact I watched the game against Gilmer.. All I saw was you get beat and your kids klids body language said it all... You get in a hole and you fold.. No heart at all.. You had a good game against Celina but we are not Celina. All this talk about EAST TEXAS SPEED... LMAO.... What happened to your poor little Carthage? Where was the speed then?? Didn't they beat you Henderson? 42-21?? Was your QB in that game? Argyle is from Central texas.. Do you think a central Texas team shut that east Texas speed down? I think they did.. Now youre over confident because you've won a few games.. Your team hasnt played the team with the BEST defense in the sate.. remember defense wins championships.. Not a few quick kids.. Funny all I hear is east texas speed... That seems to be all yall have to hang your hat on.. I think you're in for a rude awakening.
Cobra,

Those 34 points that you have allowed in 9 games are too very weak teams. I think the darkside is highly overrated. The scouts that were at your game last night said that QB missed a few wide open recievers and that number two they had was killing you from time to time and we have plenty of number twos. Get ready, I dare you to hand the ball off everytime to onderdonk and see what happens. This aint the cupcakes yall been having over in region 1

Dog96
11-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Henderson, Keep it up and we will see you on the 9th for another dance!!!

Can't wait!!!!

WildTexan972
11-26-2011, 12:05 PM

that is not what Celina did....Celina watched lots of game films including Lindale to see where they were right now....Celina may have just completed one of their worst coached games in years - not an excuse because Henderson proved (to me at least in watching) that they are the better team - but Celina got down 2 td's and the OC panicked and got out of the gameplan way too early which played right to the strengths of Henderson...

Henderson brought LOTS of fans and had a giant, loud band that knew how to work a game....made for a great HS football environment, even though we lost....even if they spell it L-I-O-S

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Cobra,

Those 34 points that you have allowed in 9 games are too very weak teams. I think the darkside is highly overrated. The scouts that were at your game last night said that QB missed a few wide open recievers and that number two they had was killing you from time to time and we have plenty of number twos. Get ready, I dare you to hand the ball off everytime to onderdonk and see what happens. This aint the cupcakes yall been having over in region 1

BULLCRAP! You trying to get me fired up? He missed the receivers because our D line was in his GRILL! You weren't there... I WAS.. Seminole was totally dominated. Yes #2 was a stud.. Has better numbers than any player on Hendersons team. Their QB has better numbers. Alvarado is real! Onderdonck will Donkey kick your linebackers.. get ready for it... He doesnt have over 2700 yds for nothing.. I have seen your game film. Youre very good.. But beatable. Alvarado is very balanced... Is your QB still hurt? I heard he twisted an ankle or sumthin? We want him full strength. So there will be no excuses.. All I hear is excuses.. well that and crickets on the other side of the stadium.. Lets get the smack talk on.. Its well deserved on both sides. We are in the semi finals.. So we earned the right to joust a bit.. Plus I like you Lions88.. I have since last year.. Keep on talking smack.. this is what this forum is for.. Bragging a bit and loving our boys.

ahs_indian_fan
11-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Cobra,

Your scouts must have been seeing things. Alvarado was 5-for-5 with a couple touchdowns and another 60+ yard touchdown pass called back. #2 for Seminole had only two catches and was caught inside his own 10 on two kickoffs.

Lions88
11-26-2011, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1642810]

BULLCRAP! You trying to get me fired up? He missed the receivers because our D line was in his GRILL! You weren't there... I WAS.. Seminole was totally dominated. Yes #2 was a stud.. Has better numbers than any player on Hendersons team. Their QB has better numbers. Alvarado is real! Onderdonck will Donkey kick your linebackers.. get ready for it... He doesnt have over 2700 yds for nothing.. I have seen your game film. Youre very good.. But beatable. Alvarado is very balanced... Is your QB still hurt? I heard he twisted an ankle or sumthin? We want him full strength. So there will be no excuses.. All I hear is excuses.. well that and crickets on the other side of the stadium.. Lets get the smack talk on.. Its well deserved on both sides. We are in the semi finals.. So we earned the right to joust a bit.. Plus I like you Lions88.. I have since last year.. Keep on talking smack.. this is what this forum is for.. Bragging a bit and loving our boys.

I agree I love talking smack!

I agree that Alvarado is real, but they havent been battle tested in so long! You cant just simulate the speed that you are going to see. I think you are going to see a lot of reaching on defense for you guys because you wont know how to react to the speed. And no the QB is not better than Del. Seminoles QB hasnt been playing against east texas teams, he has been playing against the crappy west texas teams. There is no way that Henderson loses this game. They are just on another level. Your sch is going to come back to bite you in the butt. Like I said, hand the ball off to Onderdonk he is going to get the mess knocked out of him! As will Tyler Bates and that secondary.. prepare for a team that is on another level right now!

ahs_indian_fan
11-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Couldn't have had anything to do with the defensive line ...

Lions88
11-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Couldn't have had anything to do with the defensive line ...
Your Defensive line is going to Get DONKEY STOMPED!

-Love Henderson Lions (20-13) <-----

toddg
11-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Cobra,

i guess your jr high coaches didnt watch the same game i did..if he missed wide open recievers, it was because he had defenders in his face..when his recievers were open, he hit'em..which was not very often..im impressed that the henderson scouts were so energized after that game and facing a very long drive home, that they thought to call you and give you the skinny..wish i had that kind of insight.
i know henderson is a very good, and talented team..but, i dont know why you have to come on here and downgrade and disrespect the level of play and talent of the Alvarado Indians and the coaching staff..and to deminish their accomplishments as 2nd class and of no signifigence compared to hendersons..you dont know this team/and coaching staff and the hard work and dedication put forth to this program...you do not! and please dont insult us and pretend that you do! Alvarado is a very good team and capable of beating any 3a team in this state and to say otherwise is foolhardy.

Lions88
11-26-2011, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1642810]

i guess your jr high coaches didnt watch the same game i did..if he missed wide open recievers, it was because he had defenders in his face..when his recievers were open, he hit'em..which was not very often..im impressed that the henderson scouts were so energized after that game and facing a very long drive home, that they thought to call you and give you the skinny..wish i had that kind of insight.
i know henderson is a very good, and talented team..but, i dont know why you have to come on here and downgrade and disrespect the level of play and talent of the Alvarado Indians and the coaching staff..and to deminish their accomplishments as 2nd class and of no signifigence compared to hendersons..you dont know this team/and coaching staff and the hard work and dedication put forth to this program...you do not! and please dont insult us and pretend that you do! Alvarado is a very good team and capable of beating any 3a team in this state and to say otherwise is foolhardy.
Call me Foolish. You wont beat us plain and simple. Our sch has been the 4th toughest in the state and yalls has been the 42nd? Which means you havent been tested in so long. Your coaching staff wont be able to come up with the answers to stop us and the speed that you are going to see. It just wont happen. You got 6 days until you are dribbling basketballs Alvarado :) Man I love a great rematch This is going to be EVEN sweeter the 2nd time around. :)

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=COBRAFOOTBALL;1642842]

I agree I love talking smack!

I agree that Alvarado is real, but they havent been battle tested in so long! You cant just simulate the speed that you are going to see. I think you are going to see a lot of reaching on defense for you guys because you wont know how to react to the speed. And no the QB is not better than Del. Seminoles QB hasnt been playing against east texas teams, he has been playing against the crappy west texas teams. There is no way that Henderson loses this game. They are just on another level. Your sch is going to come back to bite you in the butt. Like I said, hand the ball off to Onderdonk he is going to get the mess knocked out of him! As will Tyler Bates and that secondary.. prepare for a team that is on another level right now!Ok make this deal with me since you are the "almighty know it all". Alvarado has been battle tested.. They are prepared.. You're talking to someone here who knows this team better than anyone other than a coach. You wont see the mistakes that Celina made.. Youll see HEART. SPEED. POWER. And a win from Alvarado. SO.. if we win you root for us over whoever else is in state championship? deal? Ill do the same...

Lions88
11-26-2011, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1642849]Ok make this deal with me since you are the "almighty know it all". Alvarado has been battle tested.. They are prepared.. You're talking to someone here who knows this team better than anyone other than a coach. You wont see the mistakes that Celina made.. Youll see HEART. SPEED. POWER. And a win from Alvarado. SO.. if we win you root for us over whoever else is in state championship? deal? Ill do the same...
You call that a deal? Heck yeah Ill root for you guys if you beat us. Have you not been paying attention all year to my posts. I have been all over the Alvarado Bandwagon, but it just wont happen. You maybe so close to your team and know them well but you dont know anything about the team you are bout to face other than it beat you without our QB last year. We are going to get up early on you guys and then coast at the end. I am telling your.. your Defense is so very overrated.

toddg
11-26-2011, 01:29 PM
[

Call me Foolish.

you said it!:wave:

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=COBRAFOOTBALL;1642873]
You call that a deal? Heck yeah Ill root for you guys if you beat us. Have you not been paying attention all year to my posts. I have been all over the Alvarado Bandwagon, but it just wont happen. You maybe so close to your team and know them well but you dont know anything about the team you are bout to face other than it beat you without our QB last year. We are going to get up early on you guys and then coast at the end. I am telling your.. your Defense is so very overrated.Over rated... Now that made me laugh out loud... Like I said. we are balanced.. Amazing on both sides.. not having to rely on just our speed.. (we have plenty of that so no need to reach for your players) If speed don't get going it won't score.. Just sayin. Our O line is the best in the state.. And I still feel Our backs will get 300+ yds rushing against you.. Just my "Hot Sports Opinion."

Lions88
11-26-2011, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1642878]Over rated... Now that made me laugh out loud... Like I said. we are balanced.. Amazing on both sides.. not having to rely on just our speed.. (we have plenty of that so no need to reach for your players) If speed don't get going it won't score.. Just sayin. Our O line is the best in the state.. And I still feel Our backs will get 300+ yds rushing against you.. Just my "Hot Sports Opinion."
Onderdonk wont even break 100 yds for the game. Your offensive line is small.. and nothing to it. You have a small number 55 on the D line that makes me laugh on the film when I see him! Haha.. he is so tiny. I feel really confident about this game. I am even booking a hotel for Arlington on Dec 9th. You can come hang with me at Cowboys Stadium when we play there dec 9th.

Buckeye80
11-26-2011, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1642723]Your team hasnt played the team with the BEST defense in the sate.. remember defense wins championships.. Not a few quick kids.. Funny all I hear is east texas speed... That seems to be all yall have to hang your hat on.. I think you're in for a rude awakening.

Just interjecting a thought here: I have no dog in this fight. Abilene Wylie had the BEST defense in the state in 09; didn't work out too good for them. Sometimes, defense doesn't win championships. Sometimes, athletes overwhelm even the great defenses.
Just some friendly advice for the Alvarado faithful: don't read too terribly much into that Gilmer/Henderson game. Del Barnes had his worst game in two years playing a very talented Buckeye team in Buckeye Stadium. And anyone can tell you that Buckeye Stadium is a very difficult place to play as the visitor. We are something like 42-2 at home since the 02 season.
Any fan or player expecting a blowout in this one either knows nothing about football or is just trying to stir the other side up. These two teams have been on a collision course this entire season, and have thus far taken care of business. Celina lost to a better team, and those guys will be the first to admit that (some already have). I feel confident that the same can be said for Seminole.
Will be a classic.

Lions88
11-26-2011, 01:53 PM

Just interjecting a thought here: I have no dog in this fight. Abilene Wylie had the BEST defense in the state in 09; didn't work out too good for them. Sometimes, defense doesn't win championships. Sometimes, athletes overwhelm even the great defenses.
Just some friendly advice for the Alvarado faithful: don't read too terribly much into that Gilmer/Henderson game. Del Barnes had his worst game in two years playing a very talented Buckeye team in Buckeye Stadium. And anyone can tell you that Buckeye Stadium is a very difficult place to play as the visitor. We are something like 42-2 at home since the 02 season.
Any fan or player expecting a blowout in this one either knows nothing about football or is just trying to stir the other side up. These two teams have been on a collision course this entire season, and have thus far taken care of business. Celina lost to a better team, and those guys will be the first to admit that (some already have). I feel confident that the same can be said for Seminole.
Will be a classic.
Your lucky we wont see you guys again. I feel it would be much different now! But good luck.. represent 16-3A!

cowboyandchrist
11-26-2011, 02:19 PM

Arygle was better than Carthage, Just like Henderson is better than Alvarado. Carthage started 9 sophmore and played Argyle to 2 overtimes. The East Texas speed was there, but very very young. Lets see how you do against a senior ladden team of East Texas speed. Henderson 42 Alvarado 17.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Arygle was better than Carthage, Just like Henderson is better than Alvarado. Carthage started 9 sophmore and played Argyle to 2 overtimes. The East Texas speed was there, but very very young. Lets see how you do against a senior ladden team of East Texas speed. Henderson 42 Alvarado 17.Alvarado 48 to 14..

Lions88
11-26-2011, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=cowboyandchrist;1642896]Alvarado 48 to 14..
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA are you serious??????

lbjacj
11-26-2011, 02:28 PM

Really???

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=COBRAFOOTBALL;1642899]

Really???You read it here.

Lions88
11-26-2011, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=lbjacj;1642901]You read it here.
Haha.. its probably going to be the other way around :eek:

garciap77
11-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Going with the Alvarado Indians!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

regaleagle
11-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Nice beginning to a week of bantering and smack. Keep it up guys. Just hope you all aren't exhausted by gametime. :clap:

Sportshack
11-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Nice beginning to a week of bantering and smack. Keep it up guys. Just hope you all aren't exhausted by gametime. :clap:

Heck...I am already exhausted just reading it and I do not have a dog in the hunt!!! :ack!:

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Nice beginning to a week of bantering and smack. Keep it up guys. Just hope you all aren't exhausted by gametime. :clap:Us guys (Lions88 and myself) will need a nap before the game.. lol.

Lions88
11-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Us guys (Lions88 and myself) will need a nap before the game.. lol.
Shoot I am going to need a coma before the game!
Pudding=Alvarado's Defense
Tiny Tots= Alvarado's Oline and D-Line
Tyler Bates= The boy that wish he could
Onderdonk= most overrated running back left in the playoffs
West= My Grandmas QB
Meeks> Dixon
City of Henderson> City of Alvarado
State Championships Henderson 1 Alvarado: 0
Henderson All time recored Vs Alvarado- 1-0
Alvarado All time record vs Henderson 0-1

Folks this doesnt look good..

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Shoot I am going to need a coma before the game!
Pudding=Alvarado's Defense
Tiny Tots= Alvarado's Oline and D-Line
Tyler Bates= The boy that wish he could
Onderdonk= most overrated running back left in the playoffs
West= My Grandmas QB
Meeks> Dixon
City of Henderson> City of Alvarado
State Championships Henderson 1 Alvarado: 0
Henderson All time recored Vs Alvarado- 1-0
Alvarado All time record vs Henderson 0-1

Folks this doesnt look good..Sounds like Henderson's about to get their tails whipped by Pudding eating TinyTots with over a rated RB while talking to West at his grandmas house? I like the way you think! im about to up my score to 52 to 7 now.. lol.

Lions88
11-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Sounds like Henderson's about to get their tails whipped by Pudding eating TinyTots with over a rated RB while talking to West at his grandmas house? I like the way you think! im about to up my score to 52 to 7 now.. lol.
Oh yeah

Henderson Fans> Alvarado Fans
District 16 3A > District 8-3A

I repeat there is no way that Alvarado is going to win this game. I just dont see it. Been following along all year. You dont have the size, the speed, or the athletes to play with us. Celina found that out the hard way... when will the metroplex realize East Texas football> Metroplex Football. Its sad really. So many fans of Alvarado are going to be disappointed by the outcome of this game. And many of them have no clue as to whats about to happen to the kids. Bring the tissue boxes.... :crazy:

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1642849]Ok make this deal with me since you are the "almighty know it all". Alvarado has been battle tested.. They are prepared.. You're talking to someone here who knows this team better than anyone other than a coach. You wont see the mistakes that Celina made.. Youll see HEART. SPEED. POWER. And a win from Alvarado. SO.. if we win you root for us over whoever else is in state championship? deal? Ill do the same...

Take the SPEED off your post...you may not use it as Speed is a product of East Texas only & Hennason has Speed...I do know first hand...been there!

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Arygle was better than Carthage, Just like Henderson is better than Alvarado. Carthage started 9 sophmore and played Argyle to 2 overtimes. The East Texas speed was there, but very very young. Lets see how you do against a senior ladden team of East Texas speed. Henderson 42 Alvarado 17.

I must take exception with the statement "Argyle was better than Carthrage"...not taking anything away from the Argylians but Carthage was defeated by one (1) point on a missed extra point by a Carthrage player...they defeated themselves...just saying.

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 04:50 PM

Really? Really??

Buckeye80
11-26-2011, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=Buckeye80;1642887]
Your lucky we wont see you guys again. I feel it would be much different now! But good luck.. represent 16-3A!

Any particular reason you decided to go this route? I've been a huge Henderson supporter during the playoffs. Seems a little unnecessary to do the old "shoulda coulda woulda" right now.

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Sounds like Henderson's about to get their tails whipped by Pudding eating TinyTots with over a rated RB while talking to West at his grandmas house? I like the way you think! im about to up my score to 52 to 7 now.. lol.

Rubber Boot Alert!! It is getting deeeeeep now. Done crosssed the line between smack & pure Bull S**t.

Lions88
11-26-2011, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1642889]

Any particular reason you decided to go this route? I've been a huge Henderson supporter during the playoffs. Seems a little unnecessary to do the old "shoulda coulda woulda" right now.

Because we are playing on a different level right now!

Bullaholic
11-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah

I repeat there is no way that Alvarado is going to win this game. I just dont see it. Been following along all year. You dont have the size, the speed, or the athletes to play with us. Celina found that out the hard way... when will the metroplex realize East Texas football> Metroplex Football. Its sad really. So many fans of Alvarado are going to be disappointed by the outcome of this game. And many of them have no clue as to whats about to happen to the kids. Bring the tissue boxes.... :crazy:

Ever heard of SLC or Euless Trinity?

defense51
11-26-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm really starting to think you're one of the posters on here who really doesn't have a clue. You've said no one can hang with CH, oops wrong on that one two weeks in a row. And if you think Henderson will hang 42 on the Indians defense, I'm convinced you're without a clue!!!

defense51
11-26-2011, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=cowboyandchrist;1642896]

I must take exception with the statement "Argyle was better than Carthrage"...not taking anything away from the Argylians but Carthage was defeated by one (1) point on a missed extra point by a Carthrage player...they defeated themselves...just saying.

Of course they beat themselves... ever notice when someone says "just saying", something stupid was just said or is about to be said? Championship teams don't beat themselves!

Lions88
11-26-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm really starting to think you're one of the posters on here who really doesn't have a clue. You've said no one can hang with CH, oops wrong on that one two weeks in a row. And if you think Henderson will hang 42 on the Indians defense, I'm convinced you're without a clue!!!

I think they might hang more on them if you alvarado folks keep talking.. Shh.. Dont make henderson mad.. They will take you to the woodshed

defense51
11-26-2011, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=defense51;1643048]

I think they might hang more on them if you alvarado folks keep talking.. Shh.. Dont make henderson mad.. They will take you to the woodshed
I think your coma has already started lions88, because you seem to be out of touch with reality! Our defense is going to knock your o-line's teeth so far down their throat they will have to drop their pants just to chew their food after the game. Your o-line is in for a long night!!!

IndianFan2012
11-26-2011, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=COBRAFOOTBALL;1642883]
Onderdonk wont even break 100 yds for the game. Your offensive line is small.. and nothing to it. You have a small number 55 on the D line that makes me laugh on the film when I see him! Haha.. he is so tiny. I feel really confident about this game. I am even booking a hotel for Arlington on Dec 9th. You can come hang with me at Cowboys Stadium when we play there dec 9th.

Say that to his face.

Lions88
11-26-2011, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1642886]

Say that to his face.

Well since I cant ill do it now. Onderdonk you will not get 100yds. You are the most overrated rb in the state. If you know whats good for you then you wont even show. Is that good enough?

slingshot
11-26-2011, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=IndianFan2012;1643093]

Well since I cant ill do it now. Onderdonk you will not get 100yds. You are the most overrated rb in the state. If you know whats good for you then you wont even show. Is that good enough?What a clown... :twitch: You take smack talk to a whole new level! Go Indians!

Bullaholic
11-26-2011, 08:18 PM

Well since I cant ill do it now. Onderdonk you will not get 100yds. You are the most overrated rb in the state. If you know whats good for you then you wont even show. Is that good enough?

I'm no mod Lions88, but you will get this thread closed if you start directing posts to players instead of teams.

defense51
11-26-2011, 08:18 PM
It's gonna happen, probably before you even realize it. Seems like he had quite a few yards last year against Henderson. Tick-tock Henderson, your football season is about to end.

hollywood
11-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Goin to be some hard hitting in this one!

Alvarado 28
Henderson 13

Lions88
11-26-2011, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643106]

I'm no mod Lions88, but you will get this thread closed if you start directing posts to players instead of teams.

Really?? Crap, ok take out Onderdonk's name and insert Alvarado's Running back guy..

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm going with Henderson on this one. That is one fast defense. They need to bring the wood and wrap up next week just like they did this week against Celina. Hope the Henderson QB is okay.

Oh yeah

[QUOTE=Buckeye80;1642952]

[QUOTE=Bullaholic;1643119]

Really?? Crap, ok take out Onderdonk's name and insert Alvarado's Running back guy.. You sure make it hard for me to root for Henderson in this game. Much more of these classy posts will change my mind. I have all the respect in the world for the Henderson team but you.....no so much.

Lions88
11-26-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm going with Henderson on this one. That is one fast defense. They need to bring the wood and wrap up next week just like they did this week against Celina. Hope the Henderson QB is okay.

[QUOTE=Lions88;1642985]

[QUOTE=Lions88;1643060]

[QUOTE=Lions88;1643106]

[QUOTE=Lions88;1643157] You sure make it hard for me to root for Henderson in this game. Much more of these classy posts will change my mind. I have all the respect in the world for the Henderson team but you.....no so much.

Go root for them.. I dont care. Stay with your own people. We dont need any non east texas people rooting for us..

tres beauties
11-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Okay, I get it, this is a forum to do some friendly smack-talking. Out of respect for both teams and their coaches, please don't single out individuals when playing the silly little smack-talk game. Also please keep it respectful and don't take things too far like saying that players are going to get their "teeth kicked in". After all, this not that cheesy movie where that guy that couldn't box anymore and controlled a robot while it boxed other robots. All of us are has beens who are either out of elgibility to play or never played and we have no influence on the outcome of the game. Don't detract from the hard work that both teams and their coaches have invested (and will invest) by taking away from what should be a great game with "over the top" smack-talk. I'm am an Alvarado fan and have the utmost respect for Henderson and will honestly admit that they make me nervous. May the best team on Friday night win the game!

tres beauties
11-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Okay, I get it, this is a forum to do some friendly smack-talking. Out of respect for both teams and their coaches, please don't single out individuals when playing the silly little smack-talk game. Also please keep it respectful and don't take things too far like saying that players are going to get their "teeth kicked in". After all, this not that cheesy movie where that guy that couldn't box anymore and controlled a robot while it boxed other robots. All of us are has beens who are either out of eligibility to play or never played and we have no influence on the outcome of the game. Don't detract from the hard work that both teams and their coaches have invested (and will invest) by taking away from what should be a great game with "over the top" smack-talk. I'm am an Alvarado fan and have the utmost respect for Henderson and will honestly admit that they make me nervous. May the best team on Friday night win the game!

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Oh yeah

[QUOTE=Buckeye80;1642952]

[QUOTE=bobcat1;1643160]I'm going with Henderson on this one. That is one fast defense. They need to bring the wood and wrap up next week just like they did this week against Celina. Hope the Henderson QB is okay.

[QUOTE=Lions88;1642985]

[QUOTE=Lions88;1643060]

[QUOTE=Lions88;1643106]

Go root for them.. I dont care. Stay with your own people. We dont need any non east texas people rooting for us..You stay Classy ya hear.

tres beauties
11-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to post twice.

Lions88
11-26-2011, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1642985]

[QUOTE=Lions88;1643060]

[QUOTE=Lions88;1643106]

Whatever you say. Hope you are having fun dribbling the orange ball monday.

[QUOTE=Lions88;1643183][QUOTE=bobcat1;1643160]I'm going with Henderson on this one. That is one fast defense. They need to bring the wood and wrap up next week just like they did this week against Celina. Hope the Henderson QB is okay.

[QUOTE=Lions88;1642985]

[QUOTE=Lions88;1643060]

You stay Classy ya hear.

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 09:49 PM
From Loins 88, Whatever you say. Hope you are having fun dribbling the orange ball monday.
I don't and never have liked roundball. Off Season starts early for Celina this year. Guess you will be there soon enough like everyone. Only one team can win it all but then y'all did finally get that first one last year. Congrats on that. Later on you will realize how special they are and when you don't get there every year you will learn to win with class and lose with class. I guess it is true, every village has one though.

regaleagle
11-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Like I stated earlier, I'm rooting for Alvarado/:wave:

defense51
11-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Okay, I get it, this is a forum to do some friendly smack-talking. Out of respect for both teams and their coaches, please don't single out individuals when playing the silly little smack-talk game. Also please keep it respectful and don't take things too far like saying that players are going to get their "teeth kicked in". After all, this not that cheesy movie where that guy that couldn't box anymore and controlled a robot while it boxed other robots. All of us are has beens who are either out of eligibility to play or never played and we have no influence on the outcome of the game. Don't detract from the hard work that both teams and their coaches have invested (and will invest) by taking away from what should be a great game with "over the top" smack-talk. I'm am an Alvarado fan and have the utmost respect for Henderson and will honestly admit that they make me nervous. May the best team on Friday night win the game!

Didn't mean to offend anyone with my teeth comment,I was referencing Roy D. Merger, cause that what he tells people on the radio. I don't want any players to have any dental incidents, that would be absolutely horrid! We don't need high school football players looking like those people who play with the puck on ice, that would be ridiculous. Dental implications are a very serious matter not to be taken lightly, and they can be very expensive especially if you don't have insurance! I want to publicly offer my apology to the Henderson Lions and tres beauties for my inappropriate comment, I was out of line. I'm sorry. Go Alvarado! Hit em hard, but not hard enough to damage a tooth, braces, dentures, etc...

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Didn't mean to offend anyone with my teeth comment,I was referencing Roy D. Merger, cause that what he tells people on the radio. I don't want any players to have any dental incidents, that would be absolutely horrid! We don't need high school football players looking like those people who play with the puck on ice, that would be ridiculous. Dental implications are a very serious matter not to be taken lightly, and they can be very expensive especially if you don't have insurance! I want to publicly offer my apology to the Henderson Lions and tres beauties for my inappropriate comment, I was out of line. I'm sorry. Go Alvarado! Hit em hard, but not hard enough to damage a tooth, braces, dentures, etc...Dentures!!!!! lmao!

Lions88
11-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Didn't mean to offend anyone with my teeth comment,I was referencing Roy D. Merger, cause that what he tells people on the radio. I don't want any players to have any dental incidents, that would be absolutely horrid! We don't need high school football players looking like those people who play with the puck on ice, that would be ridiculous. Dental implications are a very serious matter not to be taken lightly, and they can be very expensive especially if you don't have insurance! I want to publicly offer my apology to the Henderson Lions and tres beauties for my inappropriate comment, I was out of line. I'm sorry. Go Alvarado! Hit em hard, but not hard enough to damage a tooth, braces, dentures, etc...
Apology not accepted. We mad now. Bout to take it out on the Dline and Oline.... We coming fast and we coming heavy indians
:eek:

garciap77
11-26-2011, 10:46 PM
This should be an easy game for Alvarado!

Bullaholic
11-26-2011, 10:48 PM

Anybody who cares more about the kids who play the game than the game itself has got their priorities straight in my book, defense51.

garciap77
11-26-2011, 10:56 PM

How Big'A Boy Are Ya? LOL

It ain't nothin' for me to whup a man's ass! LOL

GO INDIANS! Beat them Lions!

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Apology not accepted. We mad now. Bout to take it out on the Dline and Oline.... We coming fast and we coming heavy indians
:eek:All I can say is wow..............:rolleyes:

garciap77
11-26-2011, 11:06 PM
:eek:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/u_must_b_kidding.png

garciap77
11-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Like I stated earlier, I'm rooting for Alvarado/:wave:

:wave:Me Too!!!!!:wave:

Lions88
11-26-2011, 11:10 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/u_must_b_kidding.png
I like how everyone in here is defending Alvarado. I mean I guess I understand, most of you guys got an L hung on them. All except that Celina poster that is for us.. I like yall hating me this week. It makes for a victory that much better. And if we lose.. Ill be here eating crow all day long.. but will you Alvarado folks??

garciap77
11-26-2011, 11:14 PM
I like how everyone in here is defending Alvarado. I mean I guess I understand, most of you guys got an L hung on them. All except that Celina poster that is for us.. I like yall hating me this week. It makes for a victory that much better. And if we lose.. Ill be here eating crow all day long.. but will you Alvarado folks??

I don't hate on you, I just like Alvarado on this one that's all! And don't forget this is all in fun!!! Go Indians!!!!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/intheclub.gif

P.S. Only losers use the word "LOSE"!:D

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 11:22 PM
I like how everyone in here is defending Alvarado. I mean I guess I understand, most of you guys got an L hung on them. All except that Celina poster that is for us.. I like yall hating me this week. It makes for a victory that much better. And if we lose.. Ill be here eating crow all day long.. but will you Alvarado folks?? I said I was rooting for Henderson because they took Celina out of the playoffs not you though. I almost hope they don't win because of you but then that wouldn't be fair to the boys and coaches that work so hard all year for this. You didn't and I suspect they wish you would just shut that pie hole.

yellaseeker
11-27-2011, 11:51 AM
I said I was rooting for Henderson because they took Celina out of the playoffs not you though. I almost hope they don't win because of you but then that wouldn't be fair to the boys and coaches that work so hard all year for this. You didn't and I suspect they wish you would just shut that pie hole.

Best post on this thread so far. I second every word bobcat. Well put but i doubt it will make a difference. You can't argue with ignorance and immaturity. A lack of response on our part is the only anecdote for this kind of disease.

Lions88
11-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Whats wrong with pointing out the weaknesses of Alvarado? I saw them play Kennedale.. it was a great game for them.. but Kennedale lacked the speed and the wrong type of offense we run. I think that we can push the Oline off the ball.. and our Oline is going to completely handle Alvarado's D-line. They have like a 5'6 guy on the Dline that is really tiny. The secondary can be beat.. just throw to the other side where bates isnt at? Btw, we arent just a passing team. Our rushing attack has woken up in the playoffs. Alvarado wont be able to ball control on us because its going to be 3 and out most of the time. Good luck Alvarado you got your work cut out for you. Those West Venus and Hillsboro cupcakes arent on the sch right now...Friday is getting closer and closer..:1popcorn:

Chillfan
11-27-2011, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=12thMan;1642789]
Wrong! Henderson was just a better team than Celina last night. But you are right about Henderson moving to a different level in the playoffs. This should be a great game!

Henderson wins. They are battle tested.

mwrams
11-27-2011, 12:43 PM
I like Alvarado in this one. Don't under estimate these Injuns'!

garciap77
11-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Whats wrong with pointing out the weaknesses of Alvarado? I saw them play Kennedale.. it was a great game for them.. but Kennedale lacked the speed and the wrong type of offense we run. I think that we can push the Oline off the ball.. and our Oline is going to completely handle Alvarado's D-line. They have like a 5'6 guy on the Dline that is really tiny. The secondary can be beat.. just throw to the other side where bates isnt at? Btw, we arent just a passing team. Our rushing attack has woken up in the playoffs. Alvarado wont be able to ball control on us because its going to be 3 and out most of the time. Good luck Alvarado you got your work cut out for you. Those West Venus and Hillsboro cupcakes arent on the sch right now...Friday is getting closer and closer..:1popcorn:

This should be a very easy game for Alvarado! Go Indians!!!! Beat the Kitty Kats!:D

ccmom
11-27-2011, 04:17 PM
So how is this year's Henderson team compared to the 2010 team?

In my opinion Alvarado is better than they were in 2010. I was just remembering that last year after the semis, Lions88 stated he thought Alvarado was better than Henderson. Just made me curious as to how the 2010 and 2011 teams compare.

Would love to see this game.

Lions88
11-27-2011, 04:23 PM
So how is this year's Henderson team compared to the 2010 team?

In my opinion Alvarado is better than they were in 2010. I was just remembering that last year after the semis, Lions88 stated he thought Alvarado was better than Henderson. Just made me curious as to how the 2010 and 2011 teams compare.

Would love to see this game.
IMO Henderson 2011 is way better and more physical than the 2010 Henderson team. Alvarado is better than 2010, but not on this level

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 05:54 PM
IMO Henderson 2011 is way better and more physical than the 2010 Henderson team. Alvarado is better than 2010, but not on this level

man that 2010 Henderson D was IMO alot more physical and dominating

Lions88
11-27-2011, 06:01 PM
man that 2010 Henderson D was IMO alot more physical and dominating
So who are you going with?? I gotta say Henderson.. and big. 35-14.. Just the play of our line on both sides of the ball is going to be overwhelming for them. I just dont think Onderdonk and Bates will be enough and I think that Defense is way overrated with the teams they have been playing.. IMO:1popcorn:

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 06:11 PM
So who are you going with?? I gotta say Henderson.. and big. 35-14.. Just the play of our line on both sides of the ball is going to be overwhelming for them. I just dont think Onderdonk and Bates will be enough and I think that Defense is way overrated with the teams they have been playing.. IMO:1popcorn:

I already said if Barnes is healthy it is a one possesion game...your selling their QB short btw

defense51
11-27-2011, 06:17 PM
How Big'A Boy Are Ya? LOL

It ain't nothin' for me to whup a man's ass! LOL

GO INDIANS! Beat them Lions!

I'm glad somebody got my humor!

Lions88
11-27-2011, 06:17 PM
I already said if Barnes is healthy it is a one possesion game...your selling their QB short btw
Yeah but who do you think wins? You just think that its a 1TD difference.. Do you have something like 21-14 Henderson?

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah but who do you think wins? You just think that its a 1TD difference.. Do you have something like 21-14 Henderson?

I will give my pick on the show

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 06:31 PM
I will give my pick on the show Drumming up business?:taunt:

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Drumming up business?:taunt:

I have to flip the coin first team to hit 20 is who I pick...Grant uses the 20 beers method..last team he mentions before passing out is his pick

Lions88
11-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I have to flip the coin first team to hit 20 is who I pick...Grant uses the 20 beers method..last team he mentions before passing out is his pick
Thats awesome way to do things.. I shall use grants ways.. :D

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Whats wrong with pointing out the weaknesses of Alvarado? I saw them play Kennedale.. it was a great game for them.. but Kennedale lacked the speed and the wrong type of offense we run. I think that we can push the Oline off the ball.. and our Oline is going to completely handle Alvarado's D-line. They have like a 5'6 guy on the Dline that is really tiny. The secondary can be beat.. just throw to the other side where bates isnt at? Btw, we arent just a passing team. Our rushing attack has woken up in the playoffs. Alvarado wont be able to ball control on us because its going to be 3 and out most of the time. Good luck Alvarado you got your work cut out for you. Those West Venus and Hillsboro cupcakes arent on the sch right now...Friday is getting closer and closer..:1popcorn:Just to set you straight... That tiny guy on the D line led 8 3A in sacks this year...Also what weaknesses do you see???? Seriously? The secondary has never been beat.. How many points have you given up to cupcake teams? we have given up 88 points maybe all year? Seriously? Youre smoking crack. Our RB is top ten in the state! You sound more ignorant the more I hear you talk... Might just be best to shut up now Lions88...

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-27-2011, 07:18 PM
man that 2010 Henderson D was IMO alot more physical and dominatingI agree.. Henderson is about to get drove...

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-27-2011, 07:19 PM
So who are you going with?? I gotta say Henderson.. and big. 35-14.. Just the play of our line on both sides of the ball is going to be overwhelming for them. I just dont think Onderdonk and Bates will be enough and I think that Defense is way overrated with the teams they have been playing.. IMO:1popcorn:Im glad you are concentrating on Onderdonck and Bates because youll get burned by about 14 other players!! You know nothing Lions88.. lol..

defense51
11-27-2011, 07:21 PM
I agree! Kenny West doesn't put up huge numbers, but he runs the offense like a pro! He's a quality qb that doesn't get rattled easily, and his leadership qualities can't really be measured. Discount the Indians qb, and it will come back to haunt you.

Lions88
11-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Just to set you straight... That tiny guy on the D line led 8 3A in sacks this year...Also what weaknesses do you see???? Seriously? The secondary has never been beat.. How many points have you given up to cupcake teams? we have given up 88 points maybe all year? Seriously? Youre smoking crack. Our RB is top ten in the state! You sound more ignorant the more I hear you talk... Might just be best to shut up now Lions88...
I see I struck a nerve with you. You do realize leading 8-3A (one of the worst districts) is nothing to brag about? The secondary hasnt seen the speed that is going to run by them in the routes that we run. Your running back is overrated because of the weak teams you have played. Alvarado's running back isnt even going to be the best running back in the game.. Mr Brown from henderson will just run right over that Defense..including that little guy you got on that line.. haha.. he is so cute on the Dline..

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 07:30 PM
I see I struck a nerve with you. You do realize leading 8-3A (one of the worst districts) is nothing to brag about? The secondary hasnt seen the speed that is going to run by them in the routes that we run. Your running back is overrated because of the weak teams you have played. Alvarado's running back isnt even going to be the best running back in the game.. Mr Brown from henderson will just run right over that Defense..including that little guy you got on that line.. haha.. he is so cute on the Dline..I'm really starting to think you are not from Henderson at all. Act like you have been there before.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-27-2011, 07:30 PM
I see I struck a nerve with you. You do realize leading 8-3A (one of the worst districts) is nothing to brag about? The secondary hasnt seen the speed that is going to run by them in the routes that we run. Your running back is overrated because of the weak teams you have played. Alvarado's running back isnt even going to be the best running back in the game.. Mr Brown from henderson will just run right over that Defense..including that little guy you got on that line.. haha.. he is so cute on the Dline..As a matter of fact our secondary is very fast also.. All sub 4.5 guys. Will negate any speed.. No nerve struck... I just know the facts.. we dont have the best D for nothing.. Yall have given up 4X as many points as us... Against wimps too.. Your D will not stop our O... Good luck though..

Lions88
11-27-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm really starting to think you are not from Henderson at all. Act like you have been there before.
I have been there before? Were you not here last year? I said the exact same thing and looked what happen.. altho Alvarado came close.. we didnt have Del and beat them with the wildcat. Plus our D is playing lights out.. we may have allowed more points.. but we have also played tougher people!

Lions88
11-27-2011, 07:33 PM
As a matter of fact our secondary is very fast also.. All sub 4.5 guys. Will negate any speed.. No nerve struck... I just know the facts.. we dont have the best D for nothing.. Yall have given up 4X as many points as us... Against wimps too.. Your D will not stop our O... Good luck though..
I bet we get up 21-0 before you realize what happens :D

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 07:39 PM
I have been there before? Were you not here last year? I said the exact same thing and looked what happen.. altho Alvarado came close.. we didnt have Del and beat them with the wildcat. Plus our D is playing lights out.. we may have allowed more points.. but we have also played tougher people!That is why I said act like you have been there before. I couldn't say that to someone that hasn't could I? Comrehension isn't your strong suit I guess.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-27-2011, 07:39 PM
I bet we get up 21-0 before you realize what happens :DYoure going to be surprised... I have some crow with your name on it...

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Youre going to be surprised... I have some crow with your name on it...You should correct that. Not some......................all of it. Beaks, feet, taint, and feathers

Lions88
11-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Youre going to be surprised... I have some crow with your name on it...
And I have a box of tissues for you and all of Alvarado to have on friday :D

Lions88
11-27-2011, 07:42 PM
You should correct that. Not some......................all of it. Beaks, feet, taint, and feathers
I will eat a live crow if Alvarado beats Henderson

toddg
11-27-2011, 07:46 PM
I bet we get up 121-0 before you realize what happens :D

yes..you will need to go up 121 to get to pennington field..and i would hope it is before anybody realizes what happens, or what would be the point of going!

Lions88
11-27-2011, 07:49 PM
yes..you will need to go up 121 to get to pennington field..and i would hope it is before anybody realizes what happens, or what would be the point of going!
Haha.. I meant 21-0 ;)

toddg
11-27-2011, 07:49 PM
I will eat a live crow if Alvarado beats Henderson

a live crow would whoop your tail!!

defense51
11-27-2011, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=defense51;1642797]

Henderson wins. They are battle tested. Serious question... Are they really battle tested? I agree their district schedule was a test, but they failed the two toughest tests they faced! Henderson lost to Carthage and Gilmer. I'm not sure they've faced a defense quite as dominant as Alvarado. This defense is very stingy, and they tighten up even more close to the endzone. The Lions o-line will have their hands full all night long, even with our smallest lineman who is very quick and strong for his size. Their is a good reason our rb has over 2,000 yards, the o-line opens big holes for them consistently. I'm a big fan of the game at the line, and I think Alvarado has the advantage at the line on both sides.

Lions88
11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=Chillfan;1643447] Serious question... Are they really battle tested? I agree their district schedule was a test, but they failed the two toughest tests they faced! Henderson lost to Carthage and Gilmer. I'm not sure they've faced a defense quite as dominant as Alvarado. This defense is very stingy, and they tighten up even more close to the endzone. The Lions o-line will have their hands full all night long, even with our smallest lineman who is very quick and strong for his size. Their is a good reason our rb has over 2,000 yards, the o-line opens big holes for them consistently. I'm a big fan of the game at the line, and I think Alvarado has the advantage at the line on both sides.
Wow.. quit drinking the purple kool-aid! You guys havent been tested at all.. period.. end of story.

toddg
11-27-2011, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=defense51;1643625]
Wow.. quit drinking the purple kool-aid! You guys havent been tested at all.. period.. end of story.

you know you like purple kool-aid!! oh yeahh!! whoa!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-27-2011, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=defense51;1643625]
Wow.. quit drinking the purple kool-aid! You guys havent been tested at all.. period.. end of story.Lions88 are you 16?

Lions88
11-27-2011, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643626]Lions88 are you 16?
Nope..

defense51
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643626]Lions88 are you 16?
The same question came up numerous times last year.

Lions88
11-27-2011, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=COBRAFOOTBALL;1643628]
You guys should know this by now.. i am going to annoy you to no end. Its only sunday :)... I hope the little indians get some good rest tonight.. friday is inching closer and closer.. sleep tight.. dont let the bad memories of last year create a nightmare ;)

Lions88
11-27-2011, 09:03 PM
You guys should know this by now.. i am going to annoy you to no end. Its only sunday :)... I hope the little indians get some good rest tonight.. friday is inching closer and closer.. sleep tight.. dont let the bad memories of last year create a nightmare ;)

ccmom
11-27-2011, 09:43 PM

Yeah, he's got to be 17 by now.

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=defense51;1643637]

Yeah, he's got to be 17 by now.:spitlol:I just spewed my adult beverage up my nose trying to save my keyboard.:clap::clap::clap:

Lions88
11-27-2011, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=ccmom;1643660]:spitlol:I just spewed my adult beverage up my nose trying to save my keyboard.:clap::clap::clap:
So what I gather is that most of the people gaining up on me are out of the playoffs yes? Celina, Wyile, I think i even saw a mineral wells person.. Lamfo... I guess Alvarado will be with you guys next week as well.. let the big boys play football... Chapel Hill and Henderson
:1popcorn:

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=bobcat1;1643661]
So what I gather is that most of the people gaining up on me are out of the playoffs yes? Celina, Wyile, I think i even saw a mineral wells person.. Lamfo... I guess Alvarado will be with you guys next week as well.. let the big boys play football... Chapel Hill and Henderson
:1popcorn:Lamfo What does that stand for Sonny?

Lions88
11-27-2011, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643667]Lamfo What does that stand for Sonny?
Tell me what Alvarado football has ever done? It was 20-13 last year without our QB. How in the world do you think that its going to be closer when we have him back this year? Yeah his ankle isnt 100% but i am not sold on Alvarado beating a team from the east? A weak district, a weak playoffs thus far, and lack of speed is going to doom Alvarado. They dont have real big guys i think the biggest I can see is maybe #73 and those Oline/Dline cant move as quickly as ours. They seem to get alot of personal foul penalties, which tells me that they are undiscipline..tho they have cut it down in the playoffs. Seems to me like Alvarado gets rattled easily. They havent been tested and I wonder whats going to happen when they arent up 21-0 and down 0-21. Sorry but Henderson is just on a different level. The Indians will soon find that out!

yellaseeker
11-27-2011, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643667]Lamfo What does that stand for Sonny?

Just looked that up. Lamfo is............ Laughing at my foolish observations. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=bobcat1;1643661]
:1popcorn:

Im not ganging up on ya buddy. You support a team from our district and I recognize that and support you. Sure, you may be a little rough around the edges, a little unstable, a bit "eat up" as they say, but I still support you and your Lions. I have to. Being from East Texas, we are most likely related. :D

LionFan72
11-27-2011, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643667]

Im not ganging up on ya buddy. You support a team from our district and I recognize that and support you. Sure, you may be a little rough around the edges, a little unstable, a bit "eat up" as they say, but I still support you and your Lions. I have to. Being from East Texas, we are most likely related. :D

Won't touch that with a cane pole..........:twitch:

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=Buckeye80;1643688]

Won't touch that with a cane pole..........:twitch:

LOL. It's funny how we are all Region homers on this website. "Reg I is the best! Screw Reg IV!" "Reg II couldn't hold Reg III's jock strap!" But let someone come on here and talk about how much better California high school football is than Texas', and suddenly, we would all be one big happy dysfunctional family. You'd see Henderson and Alvarado fans hand in hand screaming obscenities about De La Salle. LOL

yellaseeker
11-27-2011, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=LionFan72;1643695]

LOL. It's funny how we are all Region homers on this website. "Reg I is the best! Screw Reg IV!" "Reg II couldn't hold Reg III's jock strap!" But let someone come on here and talk about how much better California high school football is than Texas', and suddenly, we would all be one big happy dysfunctional family. You'd see Henderson and Alvarado fans hand in hand screaming obscenities about De La Salle. LOL

So true! We'd all jump on them prune pickers from Cali..... Hahaha!!!!!!!!!

navajo joe
11-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Congrats Alvarado on your win over our indians you guys are for real and i dont see any one stopping you guys. good luck on your road to state , GO WIN IT FOR REGION 1 WE WILL BE CHEERING FOR YOU ALL NEXT WEEK! P.S Henderson you all dont know what is coming your way that defense is the best i have ever seen very disciplined and fast!

Lions88
11-27-2011, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE=Buckeye80;1643703]

So true! We'd all jump on them prune pickers from Cali..... Hahaha!!!!!!!!!
Texas football > California Football
Ill go a step further

Alvarado Football > California Football <------ there i gave a compliment

Lions88
11-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Congrats Alvarado on your win over our indians you guys are for real and i dont see any one stopping you guys. good luck on your road to state , GO WIN IT FOR REGION 1 WE WILL BE CHEERING FOR YOU ALL NEXT WEEK! P.S Henderson you all dont know what is coming your way that defense is the best i have ever seen very disciplined and fast!
Right!! Best Defense?? Really?? Of course you would say that.. they just beat ya down

navajo joe
11-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Not trying to say you all cant play with them just warning you , they are for real.
Right!! Best Defense?? Really?? Of course you would say that.. they just beat ya down

LIONS#1
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Well I don't have a dawg in this fight... I see this as this years Brownwood vs Carthage game...Be it Alvarado vs Henderson.... I will be pulling for Region 1 Alvarado to win in this game!!!. If i were in Vegas and had to place a bet on it I would pic Henderson by 3 IMHO...Just because they have been there (see last year) other wise it is even up!! Good Luck to Both Teams!!!

garciap77
11-28-2011, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=bobcat1;1643670]
Tell me what Alvarado football has ever done? It was 20-13 last year without our QB. How in the world do you think that its going to be closer when we have him back this year? Yeah his ankle isnt 100% but i am not sold on Alvarado beating a team from the east? A weak district, a weak playoffs thus far, and lack of speed is going to doom Alvarado. They dont have real big guys i think the biggest I can see is maybe #73 and those Oline/Dline cant move as quickly as ours. They seem to get alot of personal foul penalties, which tells me that they are undiscipline..tho they have cut it down in the playoffs. Seems to me like Alvarado gets rattled easily. They havent been tested and I wonder whats going to happen when they arent up 21-0 and down 0-21. Sorry but Henderson is just on a different level. The Indians will soon find that out!

Henderson is weak and will not stand a chance against Alvarado. Henderson is the weakest team the east has ever produced. I can see Alvarado winning this game by 5-7 TDs! Go Indians beat the kitty kats!:D

garciap77
11-28-2011, 08:34 AM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643667]

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/coffeescreen.gif

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

Matthew328
11-28-2011, 08:44 AM

Argyle dominated Carthage plain and simple....almost twice as many yards, more than twice the first downs....Carthage was only in that game because Argyle had 3 turnovers in the first half that directly led to 21 Carthage points......Carthage nearly screwed around and won, but Argyle was clearly the better team on Friday night....

Matthew328
11-28-2011, 08:54 AM
The Carthage-Brownwood comparison to this game is a decent one.....if I'm an Alvarado fan I am worried about having to play a close game....AHS hasn't really faced any kind of adversity all year because they've beaten the brakes off everyone they've played....Henderson on the other hand played a tougher regular season and playoff schedule....anyone realize that Henderson beat a team still alive in the 4A playoffs 35-7??? Henderson beat Paris, Lindale and Celina handily, those 3 wins are darn impressive....
Last year's game was close but let's be real, if Barnes doesn't get hurt Henderson wins by 17......Henderson is much better on O this year but I dont think they are quite as talented on D....I do think Alvarado can line it up and run right at the Lions, controlling clock will be a factor....keep the ball away from the HHS offense.....this is a pick em game, give me Henderson to find a way late.....

BTW what kind of crowd is Alvarado expected to bring? I know Henderson travels well...I would imagine with the game being at Pennington Alvarado should have a large crowd also

Bullaholic
11-28-2011, 09:35 AM

Oh my! It's Rocket East....:D

Lions88
11-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Good Morning Tiny Indians...

Tis your last monday of football..

defense51
11-28-2011, 11:04 AM

Tis your last monday of football.. lions88 I challenge you to say something with credibility and that makes sense today.

Lions88
11-28-2011, 11:25 AM
lions88 I challenge you to say something with credibility and that makes sense today.
humm.. Alvarado is overrated and cant beat east texas teams??

Bullaholic
11-28-2011, 11:37 AM

You do know that you may be single-handedly responsible for the crow becoming an endangered species if Henderson loses, don't you Lions88? :D

bramsey71
11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
If I remember correctly we knocked Barnes out of this game. We will not be intimidated by Henderson or their speed. Everybody come to pennington on friday its going to be fun game to watch. Lions88 we are small keep telling yourself that and it will be a long ride home.

toddg
11-28-2011, 12:17 PM
The Carthage-Brownwood comparison to this game is a decent one.....if I'm an Alvarado fan I am worried about having to play a close game....AHS hasn't really faced any kind of adversity all year because they've beaten the brakes off everyone they've played....Henderson on the other hand played a tougher regular season and playoff schedule....anyone realize that Henderson beat a team still alive in the 4A playoffs 35-7??? Henderson beat Paris, Lindale and Celina handily, those 3 wins are darn impressive....
Last year's game was close but let's be real, if Barnes doesn't get hurt Henderson wins by 17......Henderson is much better on O this year but I dont think they are quite as talented on D....I do think Alvarado can line it up and run right at the Lions, controlling clock will be a factor....keep the ball away from the HHS offense.....this is a pick em game, give me Henderson to find a way late.....

BTW what kind of crowd is Alvarado expected to bring? I know Henderson travels well...I would imagine with the game being at Pennington Alvarado should have a large crowd also

true..Alvarado didnt get beat by Gilmer and Carthage in district play..and true..Alvarado didnt beat a Kilgore like 4a playoff team in sept. but to say Alvarado has not faced [B]any kind[B] of adversity this season is off track.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com//dpp/sports/hs_sports/110311-football-helps-teen-cope-with-loss?fb_ref=.TrNvUj_Nrbw.like&fb_source=profile_oneline

and if Alvarado beats Henderson, after all thats been said how Alvarado hasnt faced the kind of speed Henderson gonna throw at them and this and that...we are still going to hear that..yeah Henderson has speed etc. but Alvarado has never faced the kind of speed etc. that Chapel Hill going to throw at them..and on and on...shouldnt be suprized..Alvarados never won anything..but neither had henderson before last year, carthage before 2008, gilmer before 2004, celina before G.A Moore, brownwood before Gordon Wood and on and on...
Alvarado doesnt have a lot of speed, but we do have some..we dont have a lot of size, but we do have a lot of strong and quik football players that play with intensity and with very well coached technic..our QB though not flashy runs this O with poise,, and i wouldnt underestimate his passing ability if i were an opposing coach..and our RBs are not Jonathan Grays,,but they are pretty darn good..
our last loss came at the hands of henderson..and the indians have worked hard to get better and put themselves back in a position for another oppurtunity to advance to and have a chance to win a state championship.

LIONS#1
11-28-2011, 01:02 PM
true..Alvarado didnt get beat by Gilmer and Carthage in district play..and true..Alvarado didnt beat a Kilgore like 4a playoff team in sept. but to say Alvarado has not faced [B]any kind[B] of adversity this season is off track.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com//dpp/sports/hs_sports/110311-football-helps-teen-cope-with-loss?fb_ref=.TrNvUj_Nrbw.like&fb_source=profile_oneline

and if Alvarado beats Henderson, after all thats been said how Alvarado hasnt faced the kind of speed Henderson gonna throw at them and this and that...we are still going to hear that..yeah Henderson has speed etc. but Alvarado has never faced the kind of speed etc. that Chapel Hill going to throw at them..and on and on...shouldnt be suprized..Alvarados never won anything..but neither had henderson before last year, carthage before 2008, gilmer before 2004, celina before G.A Moore, brownwood before Gordon Wood and on and on...
Alvarado doesnt have a lot of speed, but we do have some..we dont have a lot of size, but we do have a lot of strong and quik football players that play with intensity and with very well coached technic..our QB though not flashy runs this O with poise,, and i wouldnt underestimate his passing ability if i were an opposing coach..and our RBs are not Jonathan Grays,,but they are pretty darn good..
our last loss came at the hands of henderson..and the indians have worked hard to get better and put themselves back in a position for another oppurtunity to advance to and have a chance to win a state championship.

Lets just hope Alvarado don't get any help from the dreaded ZEBRA DEFENSE that Carthage had last year....terrible way to have to lose a game!!! IMHO:1popcorn:

defense51
11-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I gave you a chance and looks like you failed miserably!

NECKS_17
11-28-2011, 01:39 PM
humm.. Alvarado is overrated and cant beat east texas teams??I think this guy has never heard of the goocher.. Maybe he's from Alvarado and is using reverse psychology so that Alvarado will win.. if so that's genius!

Lions88
11-28-2011, 01:42 PM
If I remember correctly we knocked Barnes out of this game. We will not be intimidated by Henderson or their speed. Everybody come to pennington on friday its going to be fun game to watch. Lions88 we are small keep telling yourself that and it will be a long ride home.
You are small and cant hang with the big dogs.. :eek:

Lions88
11-28-2011, 01:46 PM
I think this guy has never heard of the goocher.. Maybe he's from Alvarado and is using reverse psychology so that Alvarado will win.. if so that's genius!
Nope.. just doing the same thing I did last year and we still won :).. and I wont be eating any crow.. the crow population is going to be fine.. but then again.. the folks from Alvarado are going to have to eat alot of it.. I will be opening a new eating place in Alvarado. Called Casa De Crow in Alvarado :)

BwdLion73
11-28-2011, 01:48 PM

Carthage was defeated by one (1) point on a missed extra point by a Carthrage player...they defeated themselves...just saying.

HEY! don't be taking our lines away from us.:)

NECKS_17
11-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Nope.. just doing the same thing I did last year and we still won :).. and I wont be eating any crow.. the crow population is going to be fine.. but then again.. the folks from Alvarado are going to have to eat alot of it.. I will be opening a new eating place in Alvarado. Called Casa De Crow in Alvarado :) Well I thought CHill was the best 3a team I had ever seen play in person last year and Henderson had their way with them so you DEFINITELY have room to talk..

NECKS_17
11-28-2011, 01:56 PM
that east texas part wasn't directed towards you "extra confident henderson guy"

NECKS_17
11-28-2011, 02:00 PM
guy or girl**

Lions88
11-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Well I thought CHill was the best 3a team I had ever seen play in person last year and Henderson had their way with them so you DEFINITELY have room to talk..
There was no question I thought we were better than Chapel Hill last year.. just like i think that we are better than Alvarado this year by leaps and bounds. If Del is 100% its going to be 49-7... Alvarado doesnt have speed, size, or the athletes.. Get you pop corn ready :1popcorn:

INDIAN MOM
11-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Lions88 needs to check his numbers. Wayne Onderdonck has as many yards by himself as Henderson's ENTIRE offense according to MaxPreps. . .

NECKS_17
11-28-2011, 02:46 PM
There was no question I thought we were better than Chapel Hill last year.. just like i think that we are better than Alvarado this year by leaps and bounds. If Del is 100% its going to be 49-7... Alvarado doesnt have speed, size, or the athletes.. Get you pop corn ready :1popcorn:

well both teams are clearly loaded with talent because yall are both in the semi-finals..

waterboy
11-28-2011, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=Buckeye80;1642887]
Really??!! We beat y'all 35-20, and with our backup QB starting in only his second game. Granted, seven turnovers didn't help the Lion cause, but those were caused by a relentless, attacking Black Flag defense. Do you seriously think that the Buckeyes haven't improved since we played y'all?? I think y'all are lucky to be D1, or y'all would have a MUCH tougher go of it. Good luck, though, and go 16-3A!

Alvarado is NO slouch of a team, and if the Lions are -2 or more turnovers y'all will likely lose. If the Lions don't turn the ball over, I think the Lions win by 10-14 points. If the Lion players are as overconfident as you are, the Indians will shut the Lions down, and likely win. I do see the Lions winning this game, but it will be a lot closer than the rest of the playoff games they've played up to this point.

Lions88
11-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Lions88 needs to check his numbers. Wayne Onderdonck has as many yards by himself as Henderson's ENTIRE offense according to MaxPreps. . .
Thats against crap teams.. Here is your Alvarado Indians ladies and Gentlemen.. just wrong Color

http://www.cityofcalera.org/Sites/Calera2/Images/Youth%20Football%20League/youth.football.1_300x225.JPG

Lions88
11-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Thats against crap teams.. Here is your Alvarado Indians ladies and Gentlemen.. just wrong Color

http://www.cityofcalera.org/Sites/Calera2/Images/Youth%20Football%20League/youth.football.1_300x225.JPG

INDIAN MOM
11-28-2011, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643913]Thats against crap teams.. Here is your Alvarado Indians ladies and Gentlemen.. just wrong Color

well from most of your previous posts....apparently your schedule wasn't exactly difficult either so what is your excuse? the facts are what they are.

Lions88
11-28-2011, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643913]Thats against crap teams.. Here is your Alvarado Indians ladies and Gentlemen.. just wrong Color

well from most of your previous posts....apparently your schedule wasn't exactly difficult either so what is your excuse? the facts are what they are.
Our Schedule was the 4th toughest in the state. Unlike your 42nd.. Next...

INDIAN MOM
11-28-2011, 03:34 PM
this Lions88 person is ridiculous. I'm all for supporting your hometown team but not at the expense of putting down players or degrading any team/player. I'm sure there are ALOT of Henderson fans that are embarrased that you are even associated with their town.

Congrats to BOTH teams for making it to the semi-finals and Good luck to all!!

Lions88
11-28-2011, 03:36 PM
this Lions88 person is ridiculous. I'm all for supporting your hometown team but not at the expense of putting down players or degrading any team/player. I'm sure there are ALOT of Henderson fans that are embarrased that you are even associated with their town.

Congrats to BOTH teams for making it to the semi-finals and Good luck to all!!
So I prove you wrong and then you insult me? If that a the pot calling the Kettle Black...:ack!:

INDIAN MOM
11-28-2011, 03:43 PM
You didn't prove me wrong on ANYTHING at all. And you are an absolute insult to Henderson period. No one from Alvarado has put down or said anything demeaning at all about any player or your team. That is all you have done is insult our team and individual kids. You need to aquire some class.

buff4ever
11-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Alvarado, cause I have them in the pick em.

garciap77
11-28-2011, 03:58 PM

The team in the picture (Who every it might be) can beat Henderson anytime! Henderson is weak and will get stomped this Friday night! LOL

garciap77
11-28-2011, 04:02 PM

Tis your last monday of football..

Says the big Lion http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/lion-1.gif from the east!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

garciap77
11-28-2011, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=INDIAN MOM;1643920]
Our Schedule was the 4th toughest in the state. Unlike your 42nd.. Next...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/bla-bla.gif

toddg
11-28-2011, 04:20 PM
OK...

I must be honest.

I can't accept this win.

Alvarado was the better team tonight. Plain and simple.

I was wrong about this team and it really doesnt feel right knowing that a Blown call gave us the win. If you werent there then you dont know what I am talking about. A beautiful catch on a reverse Flea Flicker and the Alvarado Reciever made a hell of a play. All to be called back by holding, which in that case you dont make the call.

Trust me, I love the we are going to the State finals. But I walked away knowing that the better team didnt win tonight. Our speed was a factor but Alvarado showed a heart out there that I have rarely seen in teams. I looked at most of the roster for them and they are young. Best of luck to Alvarado in the future. I feel they are going to be a big team come next year!

I am sorry to all of the Alvarado fans that I offended, you truly have a great team.

Good job on your season indians.----lions88 12-03-10 @11:51pm

contradiction=fiction and the BS is so deep the hogs drowned in it! if you read any posts from this individual, it should be for entertainment purposes only..

Lions88
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643922]

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/bla-bla.gif

Real Cute

NECKS_17
11-28-2011, 04:26 PM
this thread is way more interesting than the columbia-chapel hill thread... whoever turns the ball over more loses in this one.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-28-2011, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=INDIAN MOM;1643920]
Our Schedule was the 4th toughest in the state. Unlike your 42nd.. Next...WE ARE UNDEFEATED... 2 WINS BETTER THAT OFFSETS TOUGHER SCHEDULE.. U LOST TO THE GOOD TEAMS.

defense51
11-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Says the big Lion http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/lion-1.gif from the east!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif
That's funny!

Lions88
11-28-2011, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643922]WE ARE UNDEFEATED... 2 WINS BETTER THAT OFFSETS TOUGHER SCHEDULE.. U LOST TO THE GOOD TEAMS.
Our 2 losses > Than your Undefeated record when you play against the teams of Venus, Hillsboro, and West.

Our 2 losses were to the 3 time state champs and a Gilmer team that is probably going to win DII.. ;) Good try there buddy

Matthew328
11-28-2011, 04:46 PM

Should have clarified and said adversity in a game situation....let's be real Alvarado hasn't been tested this year...its a testament to how good they are but its atestament to a schedule that's not real good either....will the pucker factor be in play if its a one score game late?

Bullaholic
11-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Should have clarified and said adversity in a game situation....let's be real Alvarado hasn't been tested this year...its a testament to how good they are but its atestament to a schedule that's not real good either....will the pucker factor be in play if its a one score game late?

Matt, I don't think the "pucker" factor will get either team. Both are well coached, disciplined, veterans of 4A in the past, and went deep in the playoffs last season. The number of successful scoring drives and field position---whether from big plays from Henderson, or sustained drives by Alvarado, will decide this one. I really don't look for a FG to win this one.

toddg
11-28-2011, 05:11 PM

tested and just plain getting beat are 2 different things...and beating lindale and celina handily doesnt prepare you for down by 6 4th qtr on your own 15...and to emply that abilene wylie(who played much stronger teams in preseason than henderson) and seminole below avg. competition for alvarado is wrong.
i dont know how alvarado will react in a one score game late..but i do know they have a veteren coaching staff and most players back from the loss to henderson last year that almost pulled it off late.

Indianbandwagon
11-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Henderson is in for world of hurt.

waterboy
11-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Really? What does that mean? You think Henderson hasn't faced a team as good as Alvarado yet? We shall see. Personally, I don't think the Indians have faced a team as good as the Lions yet this season. This should be a slobberknocker of a game. Wish I could be there.

Lions88
11-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Bring it little indian!

lostaussie
11-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Excuse me.............i didn't know i had accidently clicked on the smoaky forums:D This one is crazy:clap::clap: I hope the game lives up to the hype:thinking:

IndianFan2012
11-28-2011, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=COBRAFOOTBALL;1643952]
Our 2 losses > Than your Undefeated record when you play against the teams of Venus, Hillsboro, and West.

Our 2 losses were to the 3 time state champs and a Gilmer team that is probably going to win DII.. ;) Good try there buddy

You're naming off the weakest part of our schedule.

texas_wildcat
11-28-2011, 06:50 PM
i have to be real big A is not good there Great And will win 42-3

ccmom
11-28-2011, 07:06 PM
i have to be real big A ...

I'm sorry, but that's just funny. Sometimes punctuation really is important. :)

Lions88
11-28-2011, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1643954]

You're naming off the weakest part of our schedule.
They are the 3 worst in the state of Texas for 3A. I didnt even mention springtown.. we had the 4th toughest schedule.. you cant even compare

defense51
11-28-2011, 07:14 PM
I think a score prediction from garciap77 would fit in real good right now.

Lions88
11-28-2011, 07:27 PM
I think a score prediction from garciap77 would fit in real good right now.
He would probably say 100-0 Alvarado

Lions88
11-28-2011, 07:32 PM
I also Notice that the new massey stuff came out. Alvarado Schedule is 26th... Offense is 6th and Defense is 1? Boy they sure show some love for a team that hasnt played anyone.. Its funny because we have the number one offense.. and 14th defense.. but they dont count speed and athletes.. I still call a Henderson win by 3TDS..

INDIAN MOM
11-28-2011, 08:15 PM

Lions88....
Again.....props to both teams for making it to the semi-finals. Both teams obviously have dedication, dicipline and most of all talent or neither would be this far into playoffs. That being said, my post stated that Wayne Onderdonck has as many yards BY HIMSELF as Henderson's entire offense. Your response was that is due to us playing "crap teams". That might be a logical response if I was comparing our RB to your RB. That is not the case. I will say it a little slower this time so maybe you can grasp it. Wayne....Onderdonck....has....as.....many....yards ....BY...HIMSELF.....as....Henderson's....ENTIRE.. ..OFFENSE!!! I am comparing factual numbers of our 1 individual player to the factual numbers of your entire offense! Meaning our schedule is pretty irrelevant. FYI, Wayne Onderdonck didn't play much in the second half of most of our games and STILL has that amount of yards. So, Lions88, for the love of God....only reply if you have a legitimate response.

defense51
11-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Not likely to happen Indian Mom, lions88 hasn't had many legitimate responses except stating the Massey ratings.

NECKS_17
11-28-2011, 08:30 PM
The only prediction I'll make is that the meet and greet will end similar to La Marque and Ozen the other day....

hollywood
11-28-2011, 08:32 PM
I also Notice that the new massey stuff came out. Alvarado Schedule is 26th... Offense is 6th and Defense is 1? Boy they sure show some love for a team that hasnt played anyone.. Its funny because we have the number one offense.. and 14th defense.. but they dont count speed and athletes.. I still call a Henderson win by 3TDS..

Well, if Massey holds true to it's winning picks percentage (80+%), Alvarado has a 80+% chance of winning this game? Henderson's #1 O vs Alvarado's #1 D is a wash. Meaning Alvarado's #6 O vs Henderson's #14 D equates to an Alvarado win.

Alvarado by 14+

hollywood
11-28-2011, 08:34 PM
The only prediction I'll make is that the meet and greet will end similar to La Marque and Ozen the other day....

Is there going to be a M&G?? I'd love to meet this cat... lion88. At halftime of course, I bet he/she wouldn't show. Lions going to be down by at least 7+.

defense51
11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
We should have a M&G! Will you even be at the game lions88?

ccmom
11-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Is there going to be a M&G?? I'd love to meet this cat... lion88. At halftime of course, I bet he/she wouldn't show. Lions going to be down by at least 7+. You might have to hold the M n G in the student section. Just a thought...:)

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-28-2011, 08:46 PM
I also Notice that the new massey stuff came out. Alvarado Schedule is 26th... Offense is 6th and Defense is 1? Boy they sure show some love for a team that hasnt played anyone.. Its funny because we have the number one offense.. and 14th defense.. but they dont count speed and athletes.. I still call a Henderson win by 3TDS..Here they are for real... Take Heed!

Alvarado:

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Alvarado-High-School-Alvarado-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/CFB76376/

Henderson:

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Henderson-High-School-Henderson-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/CFB76376/

Let the games begin! Alvarado ranked 2 in state overall.. Henderson 4. Alvarado #1 in Defense and #6 in offense. Henderson #1 offense #14 defense.

Alvarado #1 in power. Henderson #3 in power.

So.. #1 offense vs. #1 defense? I have always wondered who would win with this matchup... Guess we will see....

defense51
11-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Here they are for real... Take Heed!

Alvarado:

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Alvarado-High-School-Alvarado-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/CFB76376/

Henderson:

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Henderson-High-School-Henderson-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/CFB76376/

Let the games begin! Alvarado ranked 2 in state overall.. Henderson 4. Alvarado #1 in Defense and #6 in offense. Henderson #1 offense #14 defense.

Alvarado #1 in power. Henderson #3 in power.

So.. #1 offense vs. #1 defense? I have always wondered who would win with this matchup... Guess we will see.... Always heard offense sells tickets and defense wins championships. If that's true then we should have a packed stadium watching Alvarado win.

Lions88
11-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Is there going to be a M&G?? I'd love to meet this cat... lion88. At halftime of course, I bet he/she wouldn't show. Lions going to be down by at least 7+.
I will do a meet and greet in a heart beat! I will sit on the Alvarado side among the people and even have a sign that says I am lions88.. I aint scared to sit with the Alvarado people. I can take them all on!!!

IndianFan2012
11-28-2011, 09:01 PM
I will do a meet and greet in a heart beat! I will sit on the Alvarado side among the people and even have a sign that says I am lions88.. I aint scared to sit with the Alvarado people. I can take them all on!!!

I'm not trying to threaten you but you really should be afraid of the Alvarado fans. You have pissed off so many moms and dads with your ridiculous remarks that they might do something they would regret. You really need to tone down the trash talk. It's like you don't even care about the game anymore, you just want to talk trash. You're in for a rude awakening.

Do you remember last year when you made that post after the game about not being able to accept that game? I have a feeling deep in my stomach that you'll be making a crow eating post, but hopefully you'll just head over to that Smoaky forum and join that CJ.

Indian Nation by 14.

Lions88
11-28-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm not trying to threaten you but you really should be afraid of the Alvarado fans. You have pissed off so many moms and dads with your ridiculous remarks that they might do something they would regret. You really need to tone down the trash talk. It's like you don't even care about the game anymore, you just want to talk trash. You're in for a rude awakening.

Do you remember last year when you made that post after the game about not being able to accept that game? I have a feeling deep in my stomach that you'll be making a crow eating post, but hopefully you'll just head over to that Smoaky forum and join that CJ.

Indian Nation by 14.
Aww.. I ticked off some mom and dads... who cares... this is a football.. there aint no crying in football.. they just need to grow a thicker skin..I will sit with the Alvarado people.. I am not afraid one bit..they are just words..

IndianFan2012
11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Aww.. I ticked off some mom and dads... who cares... this is a football.. there aint no crying in football.. they just need to grow a thicker skin..I will sit with the Alvarado people.. I am not afraid one bit..they are just words..

You're singling out their kids. They aren't crying, they're plotting.

Lions88
11-28-2011, 09:18 PM
You're singling out their kids. They aren't crying, they're plotting.
Did I ever say I wanted Henderson to hurt one of them? Nope. Did i ever say anything about the Alvarado players that is degrading?? I am just point out a fact. That they are overrated. Yes some of there kids are overrated.. it hurts to see the truth. They have the 6th ranked offense against some really bad teams.. Come play in 16-3A and you wont have near the success.. yall wouldnt even finish in the top 3 in our district its that good..

defense51
11-28-2011, 09:29 PM
I honestly think you're a bit of a bonehead Lions88, but you can sit with me.

easttxsportsfan
11-28-2011, 09:31 PM

Didn't Gilmer beat them?? So they are beatable.

easttxsportsfan
11-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Your Defensive line is going to Get DONKEY STOMPED!

-Love Henderson Lions (20-13) <-----

lol, isn't that what a ch poster said about Henderson last year.

Lions88
11-28-2011, 09:36 PM
I honestly think you're a bit of a bonehead Lions88, but you can sit with me.
Thanks.. and I am a bonehead.. or one of those premaddona WR that talks alot of crap. I love getting under yalls skin.. maybe I tick off some of the players and get some personal fouls for us ;) You know..to make the game more worse :D like 50-0?

easttxsportsfan
11-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Didn't Gilmer beat them?? So they are beatable.

Just don't think the indians can beat them. Henderson in a close one.

Lions88
11-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Just don't think the indians can beat them. Henderson in a close one.
+1 except indians lose by a lot

tres beauties
11-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Lions88, if you do sit on the Alvarado side, please root for your team in a respectable manner. Feeling passion about your team is one of the many things that make sports great. Please represent your team and town in a positive manner and don't be disrespectful to ours. I hope that our fans will behave accordingly. Bottom line, it's just a game that has enough of it's own drama throughout the course of the game. Leave the drama on the field, there's no place for it in the stands!

garciap77
11-28-2011, 11:31 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

garciap77
11-28-2011, 11:32 PM

Indian Nation by 14.

Indian Nation by 60+ Points!:D

regaleagle
11-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Let me just interject for a moment. It probably has no bearing on the game itself, but it is noteworthy for fans. CROW FARMS ARE ON THE RISE IN EAST TEXAS!!

bobcat1
11-29-2011, 05:54 AM
You might have to hold the M n G in the student section. Just a thought...:):iagree:17 right?

hollywood
11-29-2011, 07:53 AM
You might have to hold the M n G in the student section. Just a thought...:)

Lol, nope, you wouldn't catch me over there.
I've lost touch with kids these days. Too much drama!

:D

hollywood
11-29-2011, 08:00 AM
+1 except indians lose by a lot

Alright lions88, I know you're a homer. You're cracking me up. It's a message board and I know some people take it way too serious on here. You haven't said anything degrading directly towards a player or anyone. I think it's actually comical. NOW, with that said, Alvarado is for real and you will see.

Only 2 teams have held Henderson under 30 pts all year... Carthage and Gilmer.

Carthage held Henderson to 21 pts... Carthage has 19th ranked defense.
Gilmer held Henderson to 20 pts... Gilmer has 33rd ranked defense.

Alvarado has #1 ranked defense. Alavarado by at least 14pts. You will be surprised... Much more, shocked!

Best of luck.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Alright lions88, I know you're a homer. You're cracking me up. It's a message board and I know some people take it way too serious on here. You haven't said anything degrading directly towards a player or anyone. I think it's actually comical. NOW, with that said, Alvarado is for real and you will see.

Alvarado has #1 ranked defense. Alavarado by at least 14pts. You will be surprised... Much more, shocked!

Best of luck.

Alvarado has outscored their opponent to this point by 590 pts. to 88. Last year was 408 to 243 pts. MUCH IMPROVED..

Henderson this year has scored 579 to 252 pts. Last year was 511 to 268 pts.. A little better on both ends.

Things that stick out is the point difference +/- Alvarado + 502 point difference. Henderson + 327 points.

Lets see what happens now...

Indianbandwagon
11-29-2011, 09:29 AM
I have been impressed with Alvarado all year. I've seen nothing but domination. I predict Alvarado by 10. Should be a great game though.

Lions88
11-29-2011, 10:42 AM
I stole this from another website..

The fans definitely cheered. And then they cheered even louder when the players started celebrating Del being injured and waved their arms for the fans to yell louder while the medical staff came out. On many many plays they also played about three seconds past the whistle on defense (the refs encouraged this by never stepping in, not even once) and jumped a split second early which I think might have been called once or twice even though they ran more than 90 plays on offense.

Whatever. It's a violent game and despite all those little breaks Henderson dominated the game. It was not nearly as close as the final score looked. I don't know if Raulerson was double or triple teamed, but I watched for him and never really saw him do much. It seemed like Henderson had at least 8 players (Barnes, O'Neal, PeeWee, Monsta, Kind, Brady, Tre Jones, Reese), maybe more, who were better than anyone Celina had. I think it's great that Celina has won 8 times and they had a great program. They still have a good program, but this years team wasn't that good.

I have to be honest I haven't seen a full tape of an Alvarado game. But I've tried to read up on them each week. Every play on a game highlight video is good for any team so highlights don't tell the whole story. But I saw the semi-final game last year and like above with Celina this year, last year it looked like Henderson had about 8 players (the Browns, the Fletchers, Jones, Vallier, O'Neal, Polk) better than anyone Alvarado had. Most importantly, was the one they only had for 3 plays - Barnes. I was so proud of those kids for coming back like that. I get that Bates was not in. But he's is a WR/DB/KR. Basically like Monsta, although if I had to pick between them I would pick Monsta. How many teams win a semifinal game without their all-state QB for basically the whole game? If either Barnes and Bates had played the whole game or Barnes played but Bates and Monsta were out, Henderson would have beaten Alvarado pretty bad.

That was last year, but point for this year being that 4 of those 8 are back (the Browns, Jones and O'Neal), plus Barnes (which is a huge "plus"), with Kind, Brady, Jamie Anthony, and Diamante Wright (all sophomores on last years undefeated JV) replacing the Fletchers, Vallier, and Polk. There really would be that much drop off from last year's team (if any by this point) in those 4 guys. Then add Barnes for Henderson and Bates for Alvarado and I just don't see how Alvarado keeps it as close as last year, unless there's more injuries or a big turnover margin, although I don't think it will qualify as a blowout (which I call winning by more than 28).

I will give the freshman QB for Celina credit. He played good for 9th grade. He was in over his head this game, but he is going to be a good one.

Henderson 35-21.

Indianbandwagon
11-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Henderson is going down this Friday. By 10 at least

Lions88
11-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Henderson is going down this Friday. By 10 at least
Care to tell me how you think this miracle is going to happen?

GrTigers6
11-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Care to tell me how you think this miracle is going to happen?I am guessing that he is saying that Alvarado will have 10+ more points on the scoreboard at the end of the game!:evillol:
Seriously, It would be closer to a miracle if Alvarado lost then if they won. They are the better team and it will al come down to how each team executes!

Lions88
11-29-2011, 11:21 AM
I am guessing that he is saying that Alvarado will have 10+ more points on the scoreboard at the end of the game!:evillol:
Seriously, It would be closer to a miracle if Alvarado lost then if they won. They are the better team and it will al come down to how each team executes!
Arent you guys the team that had played Alvarado Extremely close but then the 4th quarter got you? We have more athletes then yall do.. Was it like 9-8 in the 3rd or something? So you are telling me that this mighty Alvarado team is going to beat us when they almost lost to a team like yours?? I dont get it.. i just dont get it with these Alvarado People... You guys just dont know about the train that is about to run your indian butt over.

franz
11-29-2011, 11:22 AM

Lions88 Even though you know most everything, like how good Seminole was. Unlike your knowledge on Wylie and Seminole, I would hope you know something about Henderson. Unfortunately, I think it is wishful thinking, just like Alvarado's previous opponents.

Indianbandwagon
11-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Alvarado is going to kill Henderson. Negative yards for Henderson.

Dont think alvarado is celina. Alvarado has been tested, unlike celina. Theres a reason celina has played a week sch the last 2 seasons.

GrTigers6
11-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Arent you guys the team that had played Alvarado Extremely close but then the 4th quarter got you? We have more athletes then yall do.. Was it like 9-8 in the 3rd or something? So you are telling me that this mighty Alvarado team is going to beat us when they almost lost to a team like yours?? I dont get it.. i just dont get it with these Alvarado People... You guys just dont know about the train that is about to run your indian butt over.A team like ours huh? A team who had numbers just slightly lower than Alvarado in all areas. Their defense being the only area that was exceptionally better. And it is better than anyone in the state in my opinion. They have lineman that can outrun most ends and guards. The reason we struggled on offense was because thay were beating our pulling lineman to the holes 6 out of 10 times.We had a bigger line by average is the only reason we moved the ball at all. And Let me tell you one more thing about us, You have know idea the talent that this years tiger team had. But I guarantee you that Kennedale, Alvarado,Bridgeport, and Brownwood do.
The so called teams that you said were better than alvarado, got rolled over on, So you lost all credibility that you had with me if any at all. You are not being subjective in your posts, and I will admit I have yet to see Henderson play this year so I dont know who will win. I think which ever team wins it will be by 10 or less.

hollywood
11-29-2011, 11:45 AM

This is a pretty good indicator!

Best of luck.

defense51
11-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Ball control offense, shut down defense, coaching, intensity, poise, running the ball over your defense, running the ball through your defense, running the ball around your defense, turnovers, short passes, long passes, play action, special teams, fans, cheerleaders, trainers, o-line, d-line, heart, secondary, lb's, qb, wr, rb, and we have better Gatorade for hydration.

cowboyandchrist
11-29-2011, 11:56 AM
This is a pretty good indicator!

If Alvarado would of played in the same district as Henderson, there stats would be much much worse. They would not have the number 1 ranked D, that is a fact. Gimer, Carthage, and Henderson would score on them. This game will be pretty darn even with a slight edge going to Henderson because of the speed factor. If Alvarado can cause turn overs, they win, if they get inot a shoot out with Henderson, they loose.

Bullaholic
11-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Can somebody give us a good summary of the game last season? How did Henderson win? Was it convincing? How many players on both teams who played in last year's game return for this year's re-match?

GrTigers6
11-29-2011, 12:05 PM
If Alvarado would of played in the same district as Henderson, there stats would be much much worse. They would not have the number 1 ranked D, that is a fact. Gimer, Carthage, and Henderson would score on them. This game will be pretty darn even with a slight edge going to Henderson because of the speed factor. If Alvarado can cause turn overs, they win, if they get inot a shoot out with Henderson, they loose.Alvarado's Defense will not allow a shootout. They are that good! Now if they were in hendersons district yeah their numbers may be a little higher but I believe the win count would be the same. Oh and Just so you are aware Alvarado is fast as well! Hell even their fullback is fast, just ask cobrafootball! he knows !! :D

ahs_indian_fan
11-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Can somebody give us a good summary of the game last season? How did Henderson win? Was it convincing? How many players on both teams who played in last year's game return for this year's re-match?

Alvarado jumped on top 13-0 at halftime - Henderson lost their qb on their first drive. Backup qb for Henderson did absolutely nothing. Henderson came out in the second half with a form of wildcat offense with a different quarterback and Alvarado was not prepared for it. By the time Alvarado figured things out it was down 20-13. Alvarado had a big 60+ yard play to put the ball inside the 10-yard line that was called back on a phantom holding penalty. Who know if Alvarado scores there and goes for two or one or if they don't score at all.

I honestly believe the adjustment made at halftime by Henderson of coming out with a completely different offense is what won the game. Alvarado - and I imagine everyone else in the stands - never saw that coming. It was great coaching by Henderson but at the same time it was also out of necessity because the other backup quarterback wasn't moving the offense. As for Alvarado - when you prepare for an offense all week and have it completely turned around on you - it makes things difficult.

ahs_indian_fan
11-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Alvarado jumped on top 13-0 at halftime - Henderson lost their qb on their first drive. Backup qb for Henderson did absolutely nothing. Henderson came out in the second half with a form of wildcat offense with a different quarterback and Alvarado was not prepared for it. By the time Alvarado figured things out it was down 20-13. Alvarado had a big 60+ yard play to put the ball inside the 10-yard line that was called back on a phantom holding penalty. Who know if Alvarado scores there and goes for two or one or if they don't score at all.

I honestly believe the adjustment made at halftime by Henderson of coming out with a completely different offense is what won the game. Alvarado - and I imagine everyone else in the stands - never saw that coming. It was great coaching by Henderson but at the same time it was also out of necessity because the other backup quarterback wasn't moving the offense. As for Alvarado - when you prepare for an offense all week and have it completely turned around on you - it makes things difficult.

And, for what its worth, Bates didn't play after halftime for Alvarado ... so the whole thing about Barnes being healthy would have made it a bigger margin of victory for Henderson is a wash.

Lions88
11-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Ball control offense, shut down defense, coaching, intensity, poise, running the ball over your defense, running the ball through your defense, running the ball around your defense, turnovers, short passes, long passes, play action, special teams, fans, cheerleaders, trainers, o-line, d-line, heart, secondary, lb's, qb, wr, rb, and we have better Gatorade for hydration.

You wont be able to ball control us when you go 3 and out the whole time.. There is no way you run around us.. We are faster.. Ya aint got a prayer.. So who am I sitting with?? Cobra? Defense51?

waterboy
11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
I seriously doubt Alvarado would've made it through the District of Doom without a loss. That's my opinion, and IF the Indians beat the Lions handily, I might become a believer, but until that point..... I think Henderson will be too much for Alvarado, but I do think it will be a close game. I just don't believe Alvarado has seen as complete a team as Henderson will have this week, and it will show. It's a little easier to have good stats against a lot of inferior teams, but what matters is how these two teams will match up. You can throw all those stats out the window. I can guarantee you neither team will have an easy go of it. This should be a heck of a game, but I think Henderson comes out on top in the end. Of course, I'm an East Texas homer, so what do I know?

mike_angler
11-29-2011, 01:33 PM
I think that Henderson has the best chance of being the only 16-3A team left after this weekend, but I dont think they will win either. It should be a great game, and I have Alvarado winning by 8.

hollywood
11-29-2011, 01:54 PM
I seriously doubt Alvarado would've made it through the District of Doom without a loss. That's my opinion, and IF the Indians beat the Lions handily, I might become a believer, but until that point..... I think Henderson will be too much for Alvarado, but I do think it will be a close game. I just don't believe Alvarado has seen as complete a team as Henderson will have this week, and it will show. It's a little easier to have good stats against a lot of inferior teams, but what matters is how these two teams will match up. You can throw all those stats out the window. I can guarantee you neither team will have an easy go of it. This should be a heck of a game, but I think Henderson comes out on top in the end. Of course, I'm an East Texas homer, so what do I know?

If Gilmer and Henderson played each other this week, who has the best chance at winning that game? Honest opinion... Lions88, chime in if you'd like. :crazy:

hollywood
11-29-2011, 02:00 PM
If Alvarado would of played in the same district as Henderson, there stats would be much much worse. They would not have the number 1 ranked D, that is a fact. Gimer, Carthage, and Henderson would score on them. This game will be pretty darn even with a slight edge going to Henderson because of the speed factor. If Alvarado can cause turn overs, they win, if they get inot a shoot out with Henderson, they loose.

Well you honestly can't say for a FACT that Alvarado wouldn't have the #1 ranked D in the "district of doom" without them being in the "district of doom" now can you cowboyandchrist?? That might be stepping out on a limb, wouldn't it?

Speed, speed, speed... Alvarado has GOT to be slow since they are not in "East Texas". Sheez

Alvarado, get ready... you haven't seen speed like you're going to see Friday night according to C&C. :crazy:

Alvarado by at least 14. :1popcorn:

cowboyandchrist
11-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Well you honestly can't say for a FACT that Alvarado wouldn't have the #1 ranked D in the "district of doom" without them being in the "district of doom" now can you cowboyandchrist?? That might be stepping out on a limb, wouldn't it?

Speed, speed, speed... Alvarado has GOT to be slow since they are not in "East Texas". Sheez

Alvarado, get ready... you haven't seen speed like you're going to see Friday night according to C&C. :crazy:

Alvarado by at least 14. :1popcorn:
I have tried to explaine the difference for two years now between The Beast from the East and teams else where. Last year was a good example, state champs Henderson and Carthage. The last 10 years it has been the same. This year no different, I perdict the state champ will be Chapell Hill or Henderson. I don't know if Gimer will beat Argyle or not, but if they do then you can add Gilmer or Cold springs as champs. One day the champ will be from another part of the state, I just don't believe it will be this year. 03,04,05,06,07,08, 08 09, 010, and 010. and maybe 011 twice.

waterboy
11-29-2011, 02:28 PM
I think that Henderson has the best chance of being the only 16-3A team left after this weekend, but I dont think they will win either. It should be a great game, and I have Alvarado winning by 8.
You "could" be right, and then again, you "could" be wrong. I think both will be good games. Henderson beat Alvarado last year, and the Lions look to be peaking at the right time once again. Argyle beat Gilmer last year, and if the Buckeyes don't turn the ball over five times (NO turnovers would be great!) they have a good chance at turning the tables on the Eagles. I guess it depends on how the ball bounces. Who really knows? If any of these people can predict the future with such confidence, maybe we should all go to Vegas together, lol. A football is shaped funny, and will bounce funny from time to time, so anybody can beat anybody at this juncture in the playoffs, I don't care who they are. I'm just hoping the best team in each contest wins without any of those funny bounces making a big difference. Safe travels for all.

I've got Gilmer by 4, and Henderson by 12. I could be wrong,..........but I could be right, too.

waterboy
11-29-2011, 02:36 PM
If Gilmer and Henderson played each other this week, who has the best chance at winning that game? Honest opinion... Lions88, chime in if you'd like. :crazy:
Good question, and one that could only be answered on the field. Henderson is peaking at the right time, and Gilmer has made huge strides since their first meeting. I think that game would be a toss-up even at this point in the season, again, and the point is moot. We've beat them the last two times we've met them, but neither game was easy. The District of Doom has been a grind the last two years, and there were two teams in the district that didn't even make the playoffs that would have in at least 90% of the other districts in the state, in my opinion.

ccmom
11-29-2011, 02:38 PM
I have tried to explaine the difference for two years now between The Beast from the East and teams else where. Last year was a good example, state champs Henderson and Carthage. The last 10 years it has been the same. This year no different, I perdict the state champ will be Chapell Hill or Henderson. I don't know if Gimer will beat Argyle or not, but if they do then you can add Gilmer or Cold springs as champs. One day the champ will be from another part of the state, I just don't believe it will be this year. 03,04,05,06,07,08, 08 09, 010, and 010. and maybe 011 twice.

For arguments sake...2004 D1 Champs were not "Beasts from the East", nor were the "Beasts" represented in the title game. They must have been moving so fast that they flew right on to the BCS title game that year! :wave:

waterboy
11-29-2011, 03:00 PM
For arguments sake...2004 D1 Champs were not "Beasts from the East", nor were the "Beasts" represented in the title game. They must have been moving so fast that they flew right on to the BCS title game that year! :wave:
Yep, Wylie won that year in D1, but guess who won it in D2?:)

ccmom
11-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Yep, Wylie won that year in D1, but guess who won it in D2?:)

Can't you just let me have a moment, please? :mad::thumbsup: