View Full Version : 3A D1 GotW Semi-Final (I vs II): Alvarado - Henderson

Pages : 1 [2] 3

BullBoy
11-29-2011, 03:15 PM
If Henderson gets ROLLED will the map of East Texas be redrawn to exclude Henderson?

waterboy
11-29-2011, 03:23 PM
If Henderson gets ROLLED will the map of East Texas be redrawn to exclude Henderson?
Naw, we'll keep 'em! They're still in East Texas, and unless an earthquake breaks the mantle, and twists it out of East Texas, they'll remain here.:)

BTW, I would be surprised mightily if that did happen...........IF they get "ROLLED"....that is.

waterboy
11-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Can't you just let me have a moment, please? :mad::thumbsup:
Oops, sorry! I couldn't resist!:wave:

hollywood
11-29-2011, 03:27 PM
I have tried to explaine the difference for two years now between The Beast from the East and teams else where. Last year was a good example, state champs Henderson and Carthage. The last 10 years it has been the same. This year no different, I perdict the state champ will be Chapell Hill or Henderson. I don't know if Gimer will beat Argyle or not, but if they do then you can add Gilmer or Cold springs as champs. One day the champ will be from another part of the state, I just don't believe it will be this year. 03,04,05,06,07,08, 08 09, 010, and 010. and maybe 011 twice.

I'm not doubting you on the history or even that teams from East Texas are fast and physical. Just don't discount the "other" teams either.

Last year Brownwood was just as fast as Carthage and had just as good of a team (if not better, I'm a homer) but didn't win in the end. If you were at that game, you can honestly say that Brownwood had just as much chance to win that game as did Carthage.
The Alvarado and Henderson game could have gone the other way jsut as easily. Coldspring and Wimberley. It just so happened, the East Texas teams won in close games. If they would have blown out those teams, then yes, I would agree.

So what if all 3A East Texas teams get beat this weekend... CHill, Gilmer, Henderson, and I guess throw Coldspring in there since you claim them... then what say you? I'd like to think you would have an excuse. But, maybe you would give credit where credit is due. That's why they play the game. :wave:

hollywood
11-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Indian Nation by 60+ Points!:D

Garcia, are you going to this game? If not, we may need photographic proof from someone else of the M&G. I'll be the one with the sign pointing at lions88 saying "I told you so". :)

waterboy
11-29-2011, 03:35 PM
If any of y'all know me, you know I'll give credit where credit is due. I'll be the first one to tell you that you never know how strong each region in the state is until the semifinals. Each year is a different year, and there are good teams left in each region. In D1, we get to find out a little bit this weekend about the two best regions out of the four. It'll be next weekend before we get to find out the same in D2. There are four teams left in D1, and eight teams left in D2. Every one of them still has a shot, not just "East Texas" teams.

cowboyandchrist
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm not doubting you on the history or even that teams from East Texas are fast and physical. Just don't discount the "other" teams either.

Last year Brownwood was just as fast as Carthage and had just as good of a team (if not better, I'm a homer) but didn't win in the end. If you were at that game, you can honestly say that Brownwood had just as much chance to win that game as did Carthage.
The Alvarado and Henderson game could have gone the other way jsut as easily. Coldspring and Wimberley. It just so happened, the East Texas teams won in close games. If they would have blown out those teams, then yes, I would agree.

So what if all 3A East Texas teams get beat this weekend... CHill, Gilmer, Henderson, and I guess throw Coldspring in there since you claim them... then what say you? I'd like to think you would have an excuse. But, maybe you would give credit where credit is due. That's why they play the game. :wave:

I will be the first one on here giving congrats to the winners and will eat crow like I have before, If you will go to he Argyle Carthage thread, you will see where I said Argyle was the better team. Even if Carthage would of pulled off the win, I still think Argyle was the better team. I should say they had the better offense, that Dawg D was knocking the mess out of Argyle. I am not so sure they will be healthly enough to play Gilmer after that game.

Buckeye80
11-29-2011, 05:31 PM

No one is discounting anyone. I think the argument from the "East Texas" posters is that 03 Atlanta, 04 Gilmer, 05 Tatum, 06 Liberty Eylau, 08 Carthage, 09 Carthage, 09 Gilmer, 10 Carthage, and 10 Henderson indicates a trend. Cyclical as it may indeed be, the system appears to be swinging through the heart of "Northeast Texas". I know that facts haven't really been prevalent from some of my fellow "easterners" in this discussion, but no one can dispute what seems to be a trend over the past 9 seasons. Of course there are exceptions!!! 07 Liberty Hill destroyed Gilmer in the Finals after beating Carthage in the Quarters! 09 Graham beat Pittsburg in the Semi's. 09 Cuero should've beaten Gilmer! And going back further, 02 Midland Greenwood shut out Daingerfield in the Semi's (which is never easy to do).
All in all, I believe the whole "East Texas speed" thing is overrated. Plenty of very very fast teams from all over the state have losing records. I think, more than speed, the issue is the level of competition week in and week out. Good God I know I'm gonna regret this one, but I look at Reg II as the "SEC" of 3A in Texas. Sure there are some Miss St's and Kentucky's that ya play. But sometimes you get the Florida, Georgia, LSU matchups back to back to back, and years of that make a program strong.
Football has changed. The 82 Cornhuskers style of play is little used anymore. Offenses are predicated on speed and exploiting poor matchups. East Texas seems to be a little ahead in evolving into the new game largely because we have more kids who run faster than average. And for all of you who don't know what that means, I'm saying that East Texas teams typically have more black kids.
But the system is the most important key to this. If the kids don't buy into the system, the system will fail. If the community doesn't support the kids, the system will fail. The fact that this website exists is why Texas High School Football surpasses every other state's. We are a gaggle of adults, stopping life to discuss a game played by kids; OUR KIDS.

defense51
11-29-2011, 05:46 PM
But the system is the most important key to this. If the kids don't buy into the system, the system will fail. If the community doesn't support the kids, the system will fail. The fact that this website exists is why Texas High School Football surpasses every other state's. We are a gaggle of adults, stopping life to discuss a game played by kids; OUR KIDS.[/QUOTE]
Great post, very well stated!

defense51
11-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Not sure what I did on the last post, but that quote belongs to Buckeye80.

hollywood
11-29-2011, 05:54 PM
No one is discounting anyone. I think the argument from the "East Texas" posters is that 03 Atlanta, 04 Gilmer, 05 Tatum, 06 Liberty Eylau, 08 Carthage, 09 Carthage, 09 Gilmer, 10 Carthage, and 10 Henderson indicates a trend. Cyclical as it may indeed be, the system appears to be swinging through the heart of "Northeast Texas". I know that facts haven't really been prevalent from some of my fellow "easterners" in this discussion, but no one can dispute what seems to be a trend over the past 9 seasons. Of course there are exceptions!!! 07 Liberty Hill destroyed Gilmer in the Finals after beating Carthage in the Quarters! 09 Graham beat Pittsburg in the Semi's. 09 Cuero should've beaten Gilmer! And going back further, 02 Midland Greenwood shut out Daingerfield in the Semi's (which is never easy to do).
All in all, I believe the whole "East Texas speed" thing is overrated. Plenty of very very fast teams from all over the state have losing records. I think, more than speed, the issue is the level of competition week in and week out. Good God I know I'm gonna regret this one, but I look at Reg II as the "SEC" of 3A in Texas. Sure there are some Miss St's and Kentucky's that ya play. But sometimes you get the Florida, Georgia, LSU matchups back to back to back, and years of that make a program strong.
Football has changed. The 82 Cornhuskers style of play is little used anymore. Offenses are predicated on speed and exploiting poor matchups. East Texas seems to be a little ahead in evolving into the new game largely because we have more kids who run faster than average. And for all of you who don't know what that means, I'm saying that East Texas teams typically have more black kids.
But the system is the most important key to this. If the kids don't buy into the system, the system will fail. If the community doesn't support the kids, the system will fail. The fact that this website exists is why Texas High School Football surpasses every other state's. We are a gaggle of adults, stopping life to discuss a game played by kids; OUR KIDS.

Great post Buckeye80. I agree!

Lions88
11-29-2011, 08:29 PM
I think we would rip Gilmer a new one if we had to play them again... I did get too see some more film today on Alvarado. Again, they are going to be to slow on both lines and the secondary is going to get burned at least twice in this game. Also watch out for our run game to have a big big day :)

bobcat1
11-29-2011, 08:42 PM
I think we would rip Gilmer a new one if we had to play them again... I did get too see some more film today on Alvarado. Again, they are going to be to slow on both lines and the secondary is going to get burned at least twice in this game. Also watch out for our run game to have a big big day :) Only twice in the secondary? Only a big big game? Hmm you must have seen something on that film for that calm little prediction.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Only twice in the secondary? Only a big big game? Hmm you must have seen something on that film for that calm little prediction.he subliminaly knows.... It will take more than 2 big plays we will score over 30 lol...

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Alvarado, Henderson game to

be televised on local TV station

It was rumored yesterday, but not made official until just moments ago. Friday night's Class 3A Region I, Division I semi-finals game featuring our Alvarado Indians and the Henderson Lions will be shown on local TV on a tape-delayed basis.

Tommy Brown, the AISD's public information officer, confirmed that Channel 21 will show the game beginning at 11 p.m.

The game could have been shown live had Pennington Field, which seats 12,500 people, been sold out. But because there is no way to determine whether the game will be sold out ahead of time, Brown said a decision was made to show the game on tape delay.

Lions88
11-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Alvarado, Henderson game to

be televised on local TV station

It was rumored yesterday, but not made official until just moments ago. Friday night's Class 3A Region I, Division I semi-finals game featuring our Alvarado Indians and the Henderson Lions will be shown on local TV on a tape-delayed basis.

Tommy Brown, the AISD's public information officer, confirmed that Channel 21 will show the game beginning at 11 p.m.

The game could have been shown live had Pennington Field, which seats 12,500 people, been sold out. But because there is no way to determine whether the game will be sold out ahead of time, Brown said a decision was made to show the game on tape delay.

SO NOW EVERYONE WILL GET TO SEE THE ALVARADO MASSACRE BY HENDERSON! SWEET! THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN LAST YEAR! :1popcorn:

bobcat1
11-29-2011, 09:14 PM
SO NOW EVERYONE WILL GET TO SEE THE ALVARADO MASSACRE OF HENDERSON! SWEET! THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN LAST YEAR! :1popcorn: Fixed it for ya!:taunt:

IndianFan2012
11-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Can't wait for Friday night! Oh, Lions88, are you going to vast Friday night to make enough room for all the crow you'll be consuming on Saturday?

Lions88
11-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Can't wait for Friday night! Oh, Lions88, are you going to vast Friday night to make enough room for all the crow you'll be consuming on Saturday?
You mean fast? And I am collecting a bunch of Crows right now for the city of Alvarado to consume friday night? How many fans yall bringing? 3K? I gotta go hunting tomorrow for them..

garciap77
11-29-2011, 09:25 PM
SO NOW EVERYONE WILL GET TO SEE THE ALVARADO MASSACRE BY HENDERSON! SWEET! THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN LAST YEAR! :1popcorn:

Henderson is a weak team and will not have a chance of even scoring! Henderson is the weakest team to ever come out of East Texas; rumor is they have West Texas speed at best!:D Alvardo will score at will and often! Go Indians!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

defense51
11-29-2011, 09:26 PM
SO NOW EVERYONE WILL GET TO SEE ALVARADO MASSACRE THE HENDERSON SWEETIES! THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN LAST YEAR! :1popcorn: I think this is what Lions88 was trying to say!

garciap77
11-29-2011, 09:38 PM

Rumor has it they are the weakest and slowest team East Texas has ever produced, they have already been spanked by Gilmer and Carthage and are not consider East Texas based on those a$$ thumping’s!:D

In short, it has been said, at the Whataburger in Early, maps have been redrawn to exclude Henderson and Lions88 out of East Texas; and will now join the district out in Hobbs, New Mexico where The Mighty ROCKET now resides!:D

garciap77
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
I think we would rip Gilmer a new one if we had to play them again... I did get too see some more film today on Alvarado. Again, they are going to be to slow on both lines and the secondary is going to get burned at least twice in this game. Also watch out for our run game to have a big big day :)

You had your chance vs Glimer and they beat you like a drum, so you're going to have to wait until next year to get another spanking, OH wait, you will not be playing in Texas!:D

Lions88
11-29-2011, 09:46 PM
You had your chance vs Glimer and they beat you like a drum, so you're going to have to wait until next year to get another spanking, OH wait, you will not be playing in Texas!:D
Henderson > Anything West of it

garciap77
11-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Henderson > Anything West of it

Henderson < Alvarado
Use this as your sign come Sat morning!:D I can make you a really fancy one if you are up to it! Don't forget to say hi to ROKCET!:D

Buckeye80
11-29-2011, 09:55 PM
I think we would rip Gilmer a new one if we had to play them again...

I'm not exactly sure what column "would wins" go in. I do know which column "actual wins" go in.

Lions88
11-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Henderson < Alvarado
Use this as your sign come Sat morning!:D I can make you a really fancy one if you are up to it! Don't forget to say hi to ROKCET!:D
I will make that my official sign if Alvarado beat us ... how about that.. I will leave it up for one year!

ccmom
11-29-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm not exactly sure what column "would wins" go in. I do know which column "actual wins" go in. "Would wins" march on the field at halftime. I know that was corny but I couldn't help it. :)

Buckeye80
11-29-2011, 10:04 PM
"Would wins" are on the field at halftime. I know that was corny but I couldn't help it. :)

Holy moly that was bad!!!!:ack!:

ccmom
11-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Holy moly that was bad!!!!:ack!:haha...agreed!

Lions88
11-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Hey Alvarado look at this nice little trophy.. :D Its so pretty :inlove:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/hendersondailynews.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/84/98430c4a-fb59-11e0-939e-001cc4c03286/4ea083a0bf937.preview-300.jpg

bobcat1
11-29-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm not exactly sure what column "would wins" go in. I do know which column "actual wins" go in.:spitlol:Wouldwins? Aren't those in band or sumpin'

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-30-2011, 07:41 AM
"Would wins" march on the field at halftime. I know that was corny but I couldn't help it. :)That was brilliant! lol!.

garciap77
11-30-2011, 08:57 AM
I will make that my official sign if Alvarado beat us ... how about that.. I will leave it up for one year!

OR

You can wear one of this T-Shirts with "cobrafootball es mi papi"! Or how about cobrafootball & defense51 are my daddies! I can have one made for you so you can updated you sign right after the game! PM me your picture and I'll send it right back to you!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketsShirt-3.gif

;)

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-30-2011, 09:11 AM
OR

You can wear one of this T-Shirts with "cobrafootball es mi papi"! Or how about cobrafootball & defense51 are my daddies! I can have one made for you so you can updated you sign right after the game! PM me your picture and I'll send it right back to you!:D

;)That's funny!

ccmom
11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
OR

;) You really need to update that shirt....it's 3-1 now. : )

defense51
11-30-2011, 11:53 AM
OR

;)
That is awesome!!!

Lions88
11-30-2011, 12:00 PM
That is awesome!!!
Haha Ill do whatever! I will wear that shirt to all sporting events.. too bad it wont happen because we are getting more confident :) aint gonna happen baby!

defense51
11-30-2011, 12:10 PM
That shirt should really bring out the humbling in your eyes Lions88...

garciap77
11-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Haha Ill do whatever! I will wear that shirt to all sporting events.. too bad it wont happen because we are getting more confident :) aint gonna happen baby!

Make sure you send me your picture (8x10)!:D

garciap77
11-30-2011, 12:21 PM
You really need to update that shirt....it's 3-1 now. : )

Here you go! Thanks ccmom your are the BEST!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketsShirt-3-1.gif

garciap77
11-30-2011, 12:43 PM

Thanks for the picture!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/mr-bean-has-had-a-baby-man-its-ugly-1.gif
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/hmm.gif Are you sure you are 16? You looking way older!!!:D

;)

Lions88
11-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Can someone please tell me how the indians are going to be able to do anything on our O-line or D-line? We have quickness and size... The Alvarado Running back is going to get hit almost every single time 5 yards in the backfeild.. I am just not impressed with Alvarado's line... plain and simple.. how is this a close game??

MGAR
11-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Well, this has been an interesting read.

GrTigers6
11-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Can someone please tell me how the indians are going to be able to do anything on our O-line or D-line? We have quickness and size... The Alvarado Running back is going to get hit almost every single time 5 yards in the backfeild.. I am just not impressed with Alvarado's line... plain and simple.. how is this a close game??You may hit him in the backfield but by the time you realize you didnt get him down he will be
crossing the goalline:taunt::D

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Lions88.. Look into these young men's faces... Do they look intimidated???

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=303061596382724&set=a.195236617165223.44691.165616516793900&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=303062986382585&set=a.195236617165223.44691.165616516793900&type=1&theater

Take a good look at #7 from the front. because the Henderson Lions will be seeing him from the back. IMO..

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=221255914611328

One other thing to think about.. You may have seen this though...

hollywood
11-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Come on guys, you got to get with it. It's already Wednesday and only 296 replies and 6,996 views???

Take a look at last years Semi-Finals thread between Brownwood and Carthage. Need more smack!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?109565-3A-Division-II-State-Semifinal-Brownwood-(14-0)-vs.-Carthage-(12-2)&highlight=brownwood+carthage

toddg
11-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Can someone please tell me how the indians are going to be able to do anything on our O-line or D-line? We have quickness and size... The Alvarado Running back is going to get hit almost every single time 5 yards in the backfeild.. I am just not impressed with Alvarado's line... plain and simple.. how is this a close game??

i needed a good laugh...thanks man!

Bullaholic
11-30-2011, 04:05 PM

That Alvarado RB you speak of runs just as hard in the 4th Qtr as the first and is relentless. He is a machine. Henderson's "D" had better be in shape and able to play every down to the end.

defense51
11-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the picture!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/mr-bean-has-had-a-baby-man-its-ugly-1.gif
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/hmm.gif Are you sure you are 16? You looking way older!!!:D

;)Now I understand all the crazy talk from Lions88! garciap77 you're like Rembrandt of 3ADL.

Lions88
11-30-2011, 04:23 PM

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=303061596382724&set=a.195236617165223.44691.165616516793900&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=303062986382585&set=a.195236617165223.44691.165616516793900&type=1&theater

Take a good look at #7 from the front. because the Henderson Lions will be seeing him from the back. IMO..

They look like overrated football players too me. And that video is pointless.. anyone can make a highlight video to make there team look good... geez :clap:

GrTigers6
11-30-2011, 04:29 PM
That Alvarado RB you speak of runs just as hard in the 4th Qtr as the first and is relentless. He is a machine. Henderson's "D" had better be in shape and able to play every down to the end.We know all about that! You miss one tackle and See ya later! And that goes for #8 the fullback as well

defense51
11-30-2011, 04:50 PM
The line play of Alvarado will be devastating to Henderson, they execute on both sides of the ball consistently. I think this will be the difference in the game. I've heard rumors that our rb's will be wearing ankle weights during the game just to give that soft Henderson defense a fighting chance...

garciap77
11-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Now I understand all the crazy talk from Lions88! garciap77 you're like Rembrandt of 3ADL.

Hahaha, but I'm not Dutch! But, Ik spreek een beetje Nederlands! LOL

garciap77
11-30-2011, 05:02 PM
The line play of Alvarado will be devastating to Henderson, they execute on both sides of the ball consistently. I think this will be the difference in the game. I've heard rumors that our rb's will be wearing ankle weights during the game just to give that soft Henderson defense a fighting chance...

OK then, the score will be Alvarado 35 Henderson 0! I had them by 60+, but the ankle weights will keep the Indians in the mid 30s!:D Go Indians!!!

Lions88
11-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Haha.. its going to look like your RB's are going to be wearing ankle weights with how slow yall are...

defense51
11-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know if Henderson has the same kicker from last year?

bobcat1
11-30-2011, 07:07 PM

They look like overrated football players too me. And that video is pointless.. anyone can make a highlight video to make there team look good... geez :clap: Yep we believe you.:rolleyes: I think I am going to be http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/lmao.gif at you stuffing wings. beaks and feet down Friday. Crow will be on the endangered species list after this game. Wash it down with milk L88. http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/lmao.gif

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Lions88... Pay real close attention to the sign Alvarado runs through... Just for you my friend...

Lions88
11-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Lions88... Pay real close attention to the sign Alvarado runs through... Just for you my friend...
Aww... you made a sign just for me?? :inlove: It still aint going to help you win the game.. the only thing that Alvarado will be running through is that sign... well... maybe they might struggle to get through the sign...

Lions88
11-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Yes we have a great kicker, unlike you guys...lol

IndianFan2012
11-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes we have a great kicker, unlike you guys...lol

We have a better one this year. That last kid was just... bleh.....

Lions88
11-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Del Barnes and Monsta Brown loom little indians.. along with the rest of the lion den..

IndianFan2012
11-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Del Barnes and Monsta Brown loom little indians.. along with the rest of the lion den..

Glasscock, Onderdonck, Bates, Adams, Johnson, Holbert and West are sharpening their spears for a lion hunt this Friday night. The tribe will be right behind them.

Lions88
11-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Glasscock, Onderdonck, Bates, Adams, Johnson, Holbert and West are sharpening their spears for a lion hunt this Friday night. The tribe will be right behind them.
I aint ever heard of an Indian Killing a lion.. too fast for them indians... sounds like whats going to happen on friday.. ;)

defense51
11-30-2011, 09:05 PM
I hear the spears being sharpened as I type this, sounds like the lion hunt is on! Beware little kittens time is running out on your football season.

IndianFan2012
11-30-2011, 09:08 PM
I hear the spears being sharpened as I type this, sounds like the lion hunt is on! Beware little kittens time is running out on your football season.

I hear the drums....

Lions88
11-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Boy I hope your football players arent this dumb... An indian cant catch a lion to kill it ;) good luck with that... Come Saturday morning the Basketballs will be bouncing up and down in the Indian nation:eek:

tres beauties
11-30-2011, 09:34 PM
A polite request from one Indians' fan to others:
If you want to play the trash talk game then that's your choice. Please don't bring our individual players into the talk. Obviously they don't want to talk for themselves or else they'd be on here doing so. If they choose not talk then no one should dishonor their decision (which is a very honorable and wise one) by bringing them into the discussion. Kudos to these young men for respecting themselves, their teammates and community as well as their opponents, the Henderson fans and community, and lastly (but certainly not the least) the GAME!

defense51
11-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Looking at the poll, it looks like the Indian nation is growing. The lions are going to find a huge road block friday night, that road block is the #1 defense in 3a!!!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-30-2011, 10:11 PM
A polite request from one Indians' fan to others:
If you want to play the trash talk game then that's your choice. Please don't bring our individual players into the talk. Obviously they don't want to talk for themselves or else they'd be on here doing so. If they choose not talk then no one should dishonor their decision (which is a very honorable and wise one) by bringing them into the discussion. Kudos to these young men for respecting themselves, their teammates and community as well as their opponents, the Henderson fans and community, and lastly (but certainly not the least) the GAME!I guess we cant mention Romo or Ware or anyone on the Cowboys roster either... These Alvarado boys are household names.. As are the Henderson players. Their names are in the papers.. they are in videos and are known by name and number.. I feel as long as you aren't disrespecting them or wishing them harm. then there's no issues. I speak to them on a daily basis.. we all get a laugh off this. They know its all in fun.. I personally haven't ever seen a current player on here talking at all.. You just won't see it.. But I gaurantee you they are looking.. And laughing... They will talk their game on the field where it counts..

defense51
11-30-2011, 10:21 PM
I guess we cant mention Romo or Ware or anyone on the Cowboys roster either... These Alvarado boys are household names.. As are the Henderson players. Their names are in the papers.. they are in videos and are known by name and number.. I feel as long as you aren't disrespecting them or wishing them harm. then there's no issues. I speak to them on a daily basis.. we all get a laugh off this. They know its all in fun.. I personally haven't ever seen a current player on here talking at all.. You just won't see it.. But I gaurantee you they are looking.. And laughing... They will talk their game on the field where it counts..

I agree, anyone taking this forum too seriously might need to stop reading it.

Lions88
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Looking at the poll, it looks like the Indian nation is growing. The lions are going to find a huge road block friday night, that road block is the #1 defense in 3a!!!
Thats just a bunch of people hoping for an upset.. just like when yall played Wylie.. I hope indian nation is growing.. on friday night.. they will be quiet.. much like last year during the game.. quiet quiet quiet.. Our crowd is better than yours ;) and Cobra.. I hope your players are reading this...Get some of those personal fouls flowing :)

MGAR
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM

I wonder what it is...

People really think Alvarado will win?

or

People can't stand lions88?

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I agree, anyone taking this forum too seriously might need to stop reading it.Its just fun... Something to do while watching TV lol...

defense51
11-30-2011, 10:32 PM
I wonder what it is...

or

I think either one is a valid reason!

garciap77
11-30-2011, 10:36 PM
I aint ever heard of an Indian Killing a lion.. too fast for them indians... sounds like whats going to happen on friday.. ;)

Well, now you can say you heard it here!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/killing-lions-motartcopy.jpg

P.S. Just so you know; they don't always use arrows!:D

;)

ccmom
11-30-2011, 10:39 PM
I haven't read any posts from Alvarado posters that said anything inappropriate about a specific player. The only exception would be the post about last year's kicker but anyway...

I think Lions88 got a bit personal about specific
players, BUT when I was his age I didn't know any better either. :)

garciap77
11-30-2011, 10:41 PM
I haven't read any posts from Alvarado posters that said anything inappropriate about a specific player. The only exception would be the post about last year's kicker but anyway...

He is older than you think:http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/mr-bean-has-had-a-baby-man-its-ugly-1.gif:D

;)

bobcat1
11-30-2011, 10:41 PM

players, BUT when I was his age I didn't know any better either. :)http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/lmao.gif

bobcat1
11-30-2011, 10:48 PM
He is older than you think:http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/mr-bean-has-had-a-baby-man-its-ugly-1.gif:D

;):spitlol:Too funny. Little Rocket wannabe.

defense51
11-30-2011, 10:48 PM

I was just wondering about the kicker, because his opening kickoff went about 6 yards deep in our endzone. I have to admit I was hoping he graduated last year.

Lions88
11-30-2011, 11:13 PM
I wonder what it is...

or

Oh its me.. Cobra said they made a sign for me at the game! :inlove:... Its going to say "lions88, we arent worthy" That should do well... And they are right.. they arent worthy.. haha.. gonna be a looooooooooooooooong night for the little indians..

ccmom
12-01-2011, 06:53 AM

I was just wondering about the kicker, because his opening kickoff went about 6 yards deep in our endzone. I have to admit I was hoping he graduated last year.No, I wasn't talking about your post.

Go purple!

hollywood
12-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Good morning posters! Only 1 day left. Posting has slowed. Sup? Maybe if Henderson had more than a one man show it would be better? I don't know, sounds like he's running out of things to say.

Oh yeah, Alavarado still by 14+

defense51
12-01-2011, 07:32 AM
I'll start it off this morning. Alvarado 35 - Henderson 14, the Indians shut down the lions #1 offense and reduce it to panic and desperation. lions88 is seen having constant diaper changes (see lions88 picture in previous posts) during the game from his crow feast!

garciap77
12-01-2011, 08:22 AM
I'll start it off this morning. Alvarado 35 - Henderson 14, the Indians shut down the lions #1 offense and reduce it to panic and desperation. lions88 is seen having constant diaper changes (see lions88 picture in previous posts) during the game from his crow feast!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/coffeescreen.gif

garciap77
12-01-2011, 08:32 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby.gif

Lions88
12-01-2011, 10:15 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby.gif
Henderson 41-14.. Onderdonk.. bates.. glasscock..west.. and that whole "darkside" is a joke... may the force be with you

Lions88
12-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Looks bad for Alvarado ;)

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1301214

hollywood
12-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Looks bad for Alvarado ;)

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1301214

Why?

Lions88
12-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Why?
They are picked to lose by four ;)

hollywood
12-01-2011, 11:12 AM
They are picked to lose by four ;)

Stepp is at least 30+% wrong and a very strong chance he'll be wrong on this game too! :D

Bet he's just going with Henderson because they are the defending SC's. Safe pick anyway, only by 4??? I thought you said Henderson by a LOT. lol

Alvarado by 14+... mark it down brotha!

Lions88
12-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Stepp is at least 30+% wrong and a very strong chance he'll be wrong on this game too! :D

Bet he's just going with Henderson because they are the defending SC's. Safe pick anyway, only by 4??? I thought you said Henderson by a LOT. lol

It is going to be by alot.. ;) I was just saying an actual writer picked us :P

Bullaholic
12-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Rain and cold will favor the smash-mouth purple and gold team....

Lions88
12-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Rain and cold will favor the smash-mouth purple and gold team....
Its not going to down pour.. just a little rain if any.. btw.. we can run the ball to ;)

hollywood
12-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Its not going to down pour.. just a little rain if any.. btw.. we can run the ball to ;)

Sure Henderson can run! That's a given... but if it's wet, and cool, and against Alvarado... get ready for a long night. Henderson has had a hard enough time hanging on to the ball in dry weather... imagine if it's wet... oh man, a long LONG night.

Lions88
12-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Sure Henderson can run! That's a given... but if it's wet, and cool, and against Alvarado... get ready for a long night. Henderson has had a hard enough time hanging on to the ball in dry weather... imagine if it's wet... oh man, a long LONG night.
Yall are really grasping at straws here...we are 1 day away.. 1 day until we are back at jerry's world playing against a real team in Chapel Hill..

hollywood
12-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Yall are really grasping at straws here...we are 1 day away.. 1 day until we are back at jerry's world playing against a real team in Chapel Hill..

You'll see. ;)

garciap77
12-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Well, I'm picking Alvarado by 34 (only because of the ankle weights they are going to be wearing to keep the game competitive) and I'm an actual poster!:D

:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:Go Indians!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

garciap77
12-01-2011, 12:07 PM

You are really grasping at straws here!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

Lions88
12-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, I'm picking Alvarado by 34 (only because of the ankle weights they are going to be wearing to keep the game competitive) and I'm an actual poster!:D

:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:Go Indians!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

Yeah ok

Lions88
12-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah ok
I love your little icons

garciap77
12-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I love your little icons

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/b0708.gif

Lions88
12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/b0708.gif

:) love it

garciap77
12-01-2011, 12:54 PM
:) love it

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/Wagging_pup.gif

defense51
12-01-2011, 01:06 PM
just saw the official forecast, dark clouds and rain for Henderson. 100% chance of broken dreams and wishful thinking for Henderson, however The Weather Channel said it will be perfect for eating crow. So there you go lions88, all is not lost...

Chillfan
12-01-2011, 01:17 PM
just saw the official forecast, dark clouds and rain for Henderson. 100% chance of broken dreams and wishful thinking for Henderson, however The Weather Channel said it will be perfect for eating crow. So there you go lions88, all is not lost...

Henderson by 2td's.

Bullaholic
12-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Henderson by 2td's.

What was that again? You East Texas folks run your posts by so fast I can't catch them....:D

waterboy
12-01-2011, 01:52 PM
What was that again? You East Texas folks run your posts by so fast I can't catch them....:D
Henderson by 2td's.

How's that? I could slow it down for ya, Bull, but you know how we are in East Texas........:stirpot:

Bullaholic
12-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Henderson by 2td's.

How's that? I could slow it down for ya, Bull, but you know how we are in East Texas........:stirpot:

LOL. Here, I'll slow it down to West Texas speed for you, waterboy...

Allllllllllvaaaaaaaarrrrrrrraaaaaaadooooooo bbbbbbbyyyyyy ttttttttteeeeeennnnn....:D

waterboy
12-01-2011, 03:00 PM
LOL. Here, I'll slow it down to West Texas speed for you, waterboy...

Allllllllllvaaaaaaaarrrrrrrraaaaaaadooooooo bbbbbbbyyyyyy ttttttttteeeeeennnnn....:D
That's funny, but I've got it Hennnnnnnnnddddderrrrrrrrrssssssonnnnn bbbbbbbbyyyyyyyy 2 TDs........

There! I slowed it down for ya!:)

defense51
12-01-2011, 03:00 PM
I think your wrong on your prediction for this foosball game, Waterboy!

Old&Crusty
12-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I have not seen Alvarado play. My take on Henderson.

They have a swarming defense, are well coached and know how to tackle. Their O-line blocks well too. And speed, yes they have speed, but it takes more than these things to win state. It takes Mojo. (Kudos to Permian). Henderson’s Mojo made things happen, fumbles with and without contact - Mojo. And Henderson had the Mojo to have the ball bounce their way. Great playing and Mojo win state.

Possible weaknesses: Despite the fumbles and penalties, Celina gained 396 yards on them with a freshman QB.

Good luck to both.

Chillfan
12-01-2011, 03:06 PM

and the Indians will feel the same way against the Lions. "Im sorry coach but their so fast i cant catch them"

Henderson by at least 14.

defense51
12-01-2011, 03:12 PM
You're right, they will be quick with their 3 and out all night.

Lions88
12-01-2011, 03:21 PM
LIONS BY HOWEVER MUCH THEY WANT!! ALVARADO WHO????????:mad:

hollywood
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM
and the Indians will feel the same way against the Lions. "Im sorry coach but their so fast i cant catch them"

Henderson by at least 14.

LOL... Alvarado will have the fastest kid on the field. Don't see how that's going to happen. :rolleyes:

waterboy
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I think your wrong on your prediction for this foosball game, Waterboy!
It wouldn't be the first time I was ever wrong, and it most certainly wouldn't be the last! I still say Henderson wins...... If Henderson is -2 or more on the turnover ratio, Alvarado definitely has a shot. Otherwise, I think the Lions will be too much.

Chillfan
12-01-2011, 04:04 PM
LOL... Alvarado will have the fastest kid on the field. Don't see how that's going to happen. :rolleyes:

Let me guess, TB?

Lions88
12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Hey Cobra I like this video better.. it makes me laugh.. haha... The story book ending for alvarado this season is going to be like last season.. Glad we can be the villian in your movie :thumbsup:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=111248318948580&set=vb.165616516793900&type=2&permPage=1

ahs_indian_fan
12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Let me guess, TB?

Wrong ... not even the fastest kid on the field for Alvarado. Try again

defense51
12-01-2011, 04:16 PM
It wouldn't be the first time I was ever wrong, and it most certainly wouldn't be the last! I still say Henderson wins...... If Henderson is -2 or more on the turnover ratio, Alvarado definitely has a shot. Otherwise, I think the Lions will be too much.
I was trying to reference the Adam Sandler movie with my foosball comment. But Alvarado still wins!

Lions88
12-01-2011, 04:18 PM
I was trying to reference the Adam Sandler movie with my foosball comment. But Alvarado still wins!
:sleeping: Wake me up when we play chill next week...

Chillfan
12-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Wrong ... not even the fastest kid on the field for Alvarado. Try again

You may have the fastest kid but i highly doubt Alvarado has the faster team speed. One guy doesnt hurt like a speedy oline, dline, and all skilled players.

Lions88
12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
You may have the fastest kid but i highly doubt Alvarado has the faster team speed. One guy doesnt hurt like a speedy oline, dline, and all skilled players.
You cant tell these Alvarado folks that.. They just going to see in person of the donkey stomping that is going to take place..

Chillfan
:sleeping: Wake me up when we play chill next week...

:clap:

PurpleReign2011
Alvarado by 7. Hendrson is a very good team with a very explosive offense, however Alvarado should be able to grind out yards and control the clock. Henderson cant score if their offense dosent touch the field, and when they do touch the field the Darkside should give em fits. Should be a very good game, regardless of the outcome.

Lions88
12-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Alvarado by 7. Hendrson is a very good team with a very explosive offense, however Alvarado should be able to grind out yards and control the clock. Henderson cant score if their offense dosent touch the field, and when they do touch the field the Darkside should give em fits. Should be a very good game, regardless of the outcome.
Sorry alvarado folks... you are going to need more that the "force" then to beat henderson.. "darkside".. That is the dumbest thing I have heard.. way to quote a star wars movie.. Lets get this straight.. Alvarado wont be able to Ball control Us if they go 3 and out the whole time.. just not going to happen people.. get over that one..

Lions88
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Sorry alvarado folks... you are going to need more that the "force" then to beat henderson.. "darkside".. That is the dumbest thing I have heard.. way to quote a star wars movie.. Lets get this straight.. Alvarado wont be able to Ball control Us if they go 3 and out the whole time.. just not going to happen people.. get over that one..

Chillfan
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM

All kidding aside. If we had to play Alvarado or Henderson this week, i would be really nervous about the outcome. Both teams are great and any win at this point is not easy.

Lions88
12-01-2011, 04:30 PM
All kidding aside. If we had to play Alvarado or Henderson this week, i would be really nervous about the outcome. Both teams are great and any win at this point is not easy.
Chillfan.. :( .. I thought I had a partner in crime in teaming up on bashing Alvarado.. oh well.. see ya next week buddy :)

Chillfan
12-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Chillfan.. :( .. I thought I had a partner in crime in teaming up on bashing Alvarado.. oh well.. see ya next week buddy :)

Im still thinking the Lions pull the win.

PurpleReign2011
12-01-2011, 04:51 PM

IDK, Alvarado's o line is better and bigger than it was a year ago. They were also pretty successful running a year ago until the end of the game when Alvarado started having some busted assignments on the line. Henderson is also missing that stud MLB they had last year and in general i think their front 7, while still very talented, is not as good as it was last year. No matter what Lions 88 says if Henderson wants to win they have to stop the run, and speed doesnt matter when theyre runnin right at cha. All the Indians need to do is get 4 yards at a time and i feel Alvarado should be successful.

Lions88
12-01-2011, 04:55 PM
IDK, Alvarado's o line is better and bigger than it was a year ago. They were also pretty successful running a year ago until the end of the game when Alvarado started having some busted assignments on the line. Henderson is also missing that stud MLB they had last year and in general i think their front 7, while still very talented, is not as good as it was last year. No matter what Lions 88 says if Henderson wants to win they have to stop the run, and speed doesnt matter when theyre runnin right at cha. All the Indians need to do is get 4 yards at a time and i feel Alvarado should be successful.
Our line is bigger and quicker.. that run is going to be shut down.. that why i am daring you to hand it off to onderdonk everytime.. he is going to get hit 5 yards behind the line everytime..

PurpleReign2011
12-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Our line is bigger and quicker.. that run is going to be shut down.. that why i am daring you to hand it off to onderdonk everytime.. he is going to get hit 5 yards behind the line everytime..

Everytime? Really? Hes gonna get hit behind the line every single time? Come on, get real. You know it will be a good game. They are both good teams and it will be a close one just like last year. Youre just tryin to stir up trouble.

Bullaholic
12-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Youre just tryin to stir up trouble.

Pic of Lions88:

hollywood
12-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Everytime? Really? Hes gonna get hit behind the line every single time? Come on, get real. You know it will be a good game. They are both good teams and it will be a close one just like last year. Youre just tryin to stir up trouble.

PR2011, save you some time... lions88 is certain Henderson is going to donkey stomp Alvarado. Henderson is East Texas speed kind of team. No use in even showing up to play the game. If y'all do, it's going to be a long night because Henderson has the best team to ever lpay the game. Alvarado won't know what hit 'em! Alvarado is slow and the Darkside defense is a joke. Little Indians just don't ge it.

He's just a little wiki drunk, don't you think?

LOL

Alvarado by at least 14 points! Mark it down.

PurpleReign2011
12-01-2011, 05:37 PM
PR2011, save you some time... lions88 is certain Henderson is going to donkey stomp Alvarado. Henderson is East Texas speed kind of team. No use in even showing up to play the game. If y'all do, it's going to be a long night because Henderson has the best team to ever lpay the game. Alvarado won't know what hit 'em! Alvarado is slow and the Darkside defense is a joke. Little Indians just don't ge it.

He's just a little wiki drunk, don't you think?

LOL

Alvarado by at least 14 points! Mark it down.

Hes probably a band kid. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but.... yeah a band kid nonetheless.

Lions88
12-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Hes probably a band kid. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but.... yeah a band kid nonetheless.
Brings me to my next point...

Henderson Band>>>>>>>>Alvarado Band

PurpleReign2011
12-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Brings me to my next point...

Henderson Band>>>>>>>>Alvarado Band

Yup. Youre a band kid.

Lions88
12-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Yup. Youre a band kid.
Nope not a band kid!! Hey I am going to be sitting on the ALVARADO SIDE tomorrow!! I cant wait!!!

PurpleReign2011
12-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Nope not a band kid!! Hey I am going to be sitting on the ALVARADO SIDE tomorrow!! I cant wait!!!

May I ask why?

Lions88
12-01-2011, 06:37 PM
May I ask why?
Because Defense51 invited me to come sit with Alvarado. I aint scared.. I dont care what the people of Alvarado think about me or if I have ticked off the players parents.. they just dont want to hear the truth that there babies are overrated.. I would love to see the faces of them when we send them home. We aint scared of them.. they have proven nothing.

defense51
12-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Because Defense51 invited me to come sit with Alvarado. I aint scared.. I dont care what the people of Alvarado think about me or if I have ticked off the players parents.. they just dont want to hear the truth that there babies are overrated.. I would love to see the faces of them when we send them home. We aint scared of them.. they have proven nothing. I invited lions88 to sit with me, "keep your friends close and your enemies even closer". Actually I want to see lions88 reation as the Indians totally devastate his wee little lion cubs. I might have to bring a helmet so I dont get pelted if ours fans aren't receptive. But I think lions88 will see the class the Alvarado Indians have. And if not I'll just use him as a shield.

Lions88
12-01-2011, 06:49 PM
I invited lions88 to sit with me, "keep your friends close and your enemies even closer". Actually I want to see lions88 reation as the Indians totally devastate his wee little lion cubs. I might have to bring a helmet so I dont get pelted if ours fans aren't receptive. But I think lions88 will see the class the Alvarado Indians have. And if not I'll just use him as a shield.
Aww... you are too sweet :inlove:

PurpleReign2011
12-01-2011, 06:57 PM
well....good luck defense 51, yall have fun at the game. see ya then lions 88.

defense51
12-01-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm bringing two forks for you. You'll have to use both hands to eat all the crow coming your way! Better skip lunch tomorrow!!!

Lions88
12-01-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm bringing two forks for you. You'll have to use both hands to eat all the crow coming your way! Better skip lunch tomorrow!!!
Well I have been hunting in the afternoon for crows...so I have plenty for the visiting side.. :D

Txbroadcaster
12-01-2011, 08:01 PM
ok G and I made our picks, our show is up

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Here's another thing to think about!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=211733725563547

Lions88
12-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Its almost here... Del Barnes is going to donkey stop the indians..

defense51
12-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Less than 24 hours, and the drums are beating loud!!!

Lions88
12-01-2011, 09:19 PM
ok G and I made our picks, our show is up
I listened.. which one are you? The one that picked Alvarado or Henderson?

Txbroadcaster
12-01-2011, 09:32 PM
I listened.. which one are you? The one that picked Alvarado or Henderson?

I picked Henderson

Lions88
12-01-2011, 09:39 PM
I picked Henderson
Smart man ;)

defense51
12-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Well you can't get them all right...better luck next week! Good show by the way, enjoyed it.

bobcat1
12-01-2011, 09:56 PM
I picked HendersonLast week you picked Celina.:wave:

garciap77
12-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Alvarado will score often on the weak Henderson team! The ankle weights will really have no effect on the mighty Indians! Poor little kittens have not no idea what is fixing to come their way!:D

P.S. I have your shirt ready Lions88!:)

Lions88
12-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Alvarado will score often on the weak Henderson team! The ankle weights will really have no effect on the mighty Indians! Poor little kittens have not no idea what is fixing to come their way!:D

Good night little indians.. rejoice today because tomorrow will be your last game of the season.. I am sorry it has to be this way.. but the big boys have a date set already next week. Chapel Hill and Henderson is going to be a great rematch. I am looking forward to seeing my Alvarado fans in person tomorrow :) Bring your tissue boxes.. and your cameras.. because for some of those indians it will be the last time they suit up. Until tomorrow, I shall see you in the PM Defense51 and COBRAFOOTBALL

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Good night little indians.. rejoice today because tomorrow will be your last game of the season.. I am sorry it has to be this way.. but the big boys have a date set already next week. Chapel Hill and Henderson is going to be a great rematch. I am looking forward to seeing my Alvarado fans in person tomorrow :) Bring your tissue boxes.. and your cameras.. because for some of those indians it will be the last time they suit up. Until tomorrow, I shall see you in the PM Defense51 and COBRAFOOTBALLWe shall see you too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0iw89L6aFo

toddg
12-01-2011, 11:07 PM
We shall see you too....

good one cobra!! good to see you still have that sense of humor you had 27 years ago!!

yellaseeker
12-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Good night little indians.. rejoice today because tomorrow will be your last game of the season.. I am sorry it has to be this way.. but the big boys have a date set already next week. Chapel Hill and Henderson is going to be a great rematch. I am looking forward to seeing my Alvarado fans in person tomorrow :) Bring your tissue boxes.. and your cameras.. because for some of those indians it will be the last time they suit up. Until tomorrow, I shall see you in the PM Defense51 and COBRAFOOTBALL

Do you really have to run down and discredit players on opposing teams. You are truly pitiful in your tactics. Been holding back on saying anything for a while but, you have no honor or morals about you. A lot of people brag and are somewhat overconfident in the team that they support but are capable of not making an ass out of themselves with every stroke of the keys. But, for some reason you struggle with it. Kinda reminds me of some of the guys i went to school with years ago that were smart asses and couldn't back any of it up so they did the next best thing when they graduated and pursued a career in law inforcement so they could conduct themselves like a billy bad ass behind a badge. You really need to do some soul searching and think about all these young athletes out there that are chasing a dream knowing that it may not come true or just trying to complete a goal they made in life. You are not a fan, you are simply a loud mouth with no regard to the kids that play this wonderful sport or the sport itself. Grow the hell up so you can set a good example for the next generation. Won't argue with ignorance so don't expect a war of words. Don't have a dog in this hunt so good luck to both teams and I hope all players have an injury free night tomorrow.

garciap77
12-02-2011, 08:43 AM
We shall see you too....

Nice!!! I like this too! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRxczrdwW3g

MGAR
12-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Via LNJ

Alvarado (13-0) vs. Henderson (11-2)
7 p.m.Pennington Field, Bedford

Coaches
Alvarado: Jeff Dixon
Henderson: Dickey Meeks

Last week: Alvarado 42, Seminole 7; Henderson 42, Celina 19.

Last meeting: Henderson 20, Alvarado 13 (2010 3A Division I state semifinal).

Up next: Winner faces Chapel Hill or West Columbia Columbia in the 3A Division I state championship.

Live updates: @gabrieldbrooks on Twitter

Players to watch
Alvarado: RB Wayne Onderdonck, Sr., 5-8, 181 (293 carries, 2,724 yards, 26 TDs) ... QB Kenny West, Jr., 6-0, 190 (59 of 132, 1,212 yards, 17 TDs, 6 INTs; 35 carries, 134 yards, 6 TDs) ... FB Lee Hardy, Jr., 5-8, 168 (89 carries, 652 yards, 11 TDs; 2 receiving TDs) ... WR Austin Ellinger, Sr., 5-9, 150 (19 catches, 390 yards, 6 TDs) ... WR/DB Tyler Bates, Sr., 5-7, 150 (18 catches, 537 yards, 7 TDs; 41 tackles, 1 sack, 8 INTs, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery) ... OL/DL Jake Glasscock, Sr., 6-0, 240 (43 pancakes; 27 tackles, 5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 1 kick block) ... LB Marcus Villarreal, Jr., 5-10, 146 (164 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 2 forced fumbles, 2 recoveries) ... DB Xavier Holbert, Sr., 5-9, 175 (91 tackles, 4 INTs, 2 forced fumbles, 4 recoveries) ... DL A.J. Castillo, Sr., 5-5, 214 (65 tackles, 8 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 3 recoveries) ... LB Alex Gentry, Sr., 6-0, 180 (137 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 2 forced fumbles, 2 recoveries).

Henderson: QB Del Barnes, Sr., 6-0, 170 (171 of 271, 2,753 yards, 33 TDs, 8 INTs; 29 carries, 226 yards, 1 TD; questionable for tonight’s game with an ankle injury) ... ATH Patrick “Monster” Brown, Jr., 5-9, 165 (38 catches, 610 yards, 10 TDs; 23 carries, 226 yards, 3 TDs; 1 passing TD; 1 fumble return TD; 5 punt return TDs, 1 KO return TD) ... RB Jay O’Neal, Sr., 5-9, 175 (144 carries, 1,357 yards, 15 TDs; 28 catches, 243 yards, 3 TDs) ... WR/CB Lamarcus “Pee Wee” Brown, Sr., 5-11, 170 (53 catches, 942 yards, 8 TDs; 63 carries, 436 yards, 4 TDs; 1 KO return TD) ... OLB Stephen Reese, Sr., 5-10, 185 ... RB/MLB Jamaal Kind, Jr., 5-10, 185 (5 rushing TDs) ... DT Bo Brady, Jr., 5-11, 195 ... OLB Trey Jones, Sr., 5-9, 155 ... CB Rome Pollard, Sr., 5-7, 150 ... OL/DL Anthony Brister, Sr., 6-1, 260.

By the numbers
Alvarado: The Indians have 33 sacks (2.5 per game) ... Alvarado has forced 43 turnovers (22 INTs, 21 fumble recoveries) to give the Indians a plus-33 turnover margin ... Alvarado has held 11 of its 13 opponents to seven or fewer points. The Indians have allowed no more than 27 points in a game this season ... Alvarado has outscored its opponents 590-88, which is an average score of 45.4-6.8 ... Wayne Onderdonck rushed for 842 yards and eight TDs in 2010, giving him 3,566 rushing yards and 34 rushing TDs in his last 26 games.

Henderson: Henderson averages 437.2 yards per game, including 223.1 rushing and 214.1 passing ... Henderson has outscored its opponents 579-252, which is an average score of 44.5-19.4 ... Henderson has held its last four opponents to 18.0 points per game. The Lions have won those four contests by an average of 32.3 points per game ... Henderson has outscored its three playoff opponents 153-56. Those three opponents finished the season 30-5 ... The Lions have scored at least 47 points eight times and at least 51 points six times.

Keys to victory: Dickey Meeks said Alvarado is virtually the same team Henderson played in last year’s state semifinals, except a year older and, therefore, a year better.

“People haven’t been able to move the ball at all against them,” he said. “They’re very quick defensively.”
Meeks pointed out two key factors that will decide the Lions’ success tonight.

“We’ve got to slow down or stop their running game. Offensively we’ve got to get our guys in the open field. Whether it’s long or short, we’ve got to get them in the open field.”

Henderson has the athleticism edge, but Alvarado’s running game, if successful, could negate the Lions’ big-play offense. Henderson needs its defense to continue to play as well as it has against a variety of offenses so far in the playoffs. If the Lions can prevent Wayne Onderdonck and company from controlling the tempo, Henderson will likely score enough points to advance to a second consecutive state championship game.

Did you know: Henderson quarterback Del Barnes is questionable for tonight’s game because of an ankle injury suffered in last week’s 23-point win against Celina. Barnes injured his left wrist in the first quarter of last year’s seven-point state semifinal win against Alvarado and missed the final three quarters as the Lions erased a 13-0 halftime deficit en route to the win. Lamarcus “Pee Wee” Brown ran Henderson’s offense in that game’s final three quarters as a wildcat quarterback.

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Via LNJ

Alvarado (13-0) vs. Henderson (11-2)
7 p.m.Pennington Field, Bedford

Coaches
Alvarado: Jeff Dixon
Henderson: Dickey Meeks

Last week: Alvarado 42, Seminole 7; Henderson 42, Celina 19.

Last meeting: Henderson 20, Alvarado 13 (2010 3A Division I state semifinal).

Up next: Winner faces Chapel Hill or West Columbia Columbia in the 3A Division I state championship.

Live updates: @gabrieldbrooks on Twitter

Players to watch
Alvarado: RB Wayne Onderdonck, Sr., 5-8, 181 (293 carries, 2,724 yards, 26 TDs) ... QB Kenny West, Jr., 6-0, 190 (59 of 132, 1,212 yards, 17 TDs, 6 INTs; 35 carries, 134 yards, 6 TDs) ... FB Lee Hardy, Jr., 5-8, 168 (89 carries, 652 yards, 11 TDs; 2 receiving TDs) ... WR Austin Ellinger, Sr., 5-9, 150 (19 catches, 390 yards, 6 TDs) ... WR/DB Tyler Bates, Sr., 5-7, 150 (18 catches, 537 yards, 7 TDs; 41 tackles, 1 sack, 8 INTs, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery) ... OL/DL Jake Glasscock, Sr., 6-0, 240 (43 pancakes; 27 tackles, 5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 1 kick block) ... LB Marcus Villarreal, Jr., 5-10, 146 (164 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 2 forced fumbles, 2 recoveries) ... DB Xavier Holbert, Sr., 5-9, 175 (91 tackles, 4 INTs, 2 forced fumbles, 4 recoveries) ... DL A.J. Castillo, Sr., 5-5, 214 (65 tackles, 8 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 3 recoveries) ... LB Alex Gentry, Sr., 6-0, 180 (137 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 2 forced fumbles, 2 recoveries).

Henderson: QB Del Barnes, Sr., 6-0, 170 (171 of 271, 2,753 yards, 33 TDs, 8 INTs; 29 carries, 226 yards, 1 TD; questionable for tonight’s game with an ankle injury) ... ATH Patrick “Monster” Brown, Jr., 5-9, 165 (38 catches, 610 yards, 10 TDs; 23 carries, 226 yards, 3 TDs; 1 passing TD; 1 fumble return TD; 5 punt return TDs, 1 KO return TD) ... RB Jay O’Neal, Sr., 5-9, 175 (144 carries, 1,357 yards, 15 TDs; 28 catches, 243 yards, 3 TDs) ... WR/CB Lamarcus “Pee Wee” Brown, Sr., 5-11, 170 (53 catches, 942 yards, 8 TDs; 63 carries, 436 yards, 4 TDs; 1 KO return TD) ... OLB Stephen Reese, Sr., 5-10, 185 ... RB/MLB Jamaal Kind, Jr., 5-10, 185 (5 rushing TDs) ... DT Bo Brady, Jr., 5-11, 195 ... OLB Trey Jones, Sr., 5-9, 155 ... CB Rome Pollard, Sr., 5-7, 150 ... OL/DL Anthony Brister, Sr., 6-1, 260.

By the numbers
Alvarado: The Indians have 33 sacks (2.5 per game) ... Alvarado has forced 43 turnovers (22 INTs, 21 fumble recoveries) to give the Indians a plus-33 turnover margin ... Alvarado has held 11 of its 13 opponents to seven or fewer points. The Indians have allowed no more than 27 points in a game this season ... Alvarado has outscored its opponents 590-88, which is an average score of 45.4-6.8 ... Wayne Onderdonck rushed for 842 yards and eight TDs in 2010, giving him 3,566 rushing yards and 34 rushing TDs in his last 26 games.

Henderson: Henderson averages 437.2 yards per game, including 223.1 rushing and 214.1 passing ... Henderson has outscored its opponents 579-252, which is an average score of 44.5-19.4 ... Henderson has held its last four opponents to 18.0 points per game. The Lions have won those four contests by an average of 32.3 points per game ... Henderson has outscored its three playoff opponents 153-56. Those three opponents finished the season 30-5 ... The Lions have scored at least 47 points eight times and at least 51 points six times.

Keys to victory: Dickey Meeks said Alvarado is virtually the same team Henderson played in last year’s state semifinals, except a year older and, therefore, a year better.

“People haven’t been able to move the ball at all against them,” he said. “They’re very quick defensively.”
Meeks pointed out two key factors that will decide the Lions’ success tonight.

“We’ve got to slow down or stop their running game. Offensively we’ve got to get our guys in the open field. Whether it’s long or short, we’ve got to get them in the open field.”

Henderson has the athleticism edge, but Alvarado’s running game, if successful, could negate the Lions’ big-play offense. Henderson needs its defense to continue to play as well as it has against a variety of offenses so far in the playoffs. If the Lions can prevent Wayne Onderdonck and company from controlling the tempo, Henderson will likely score enough points to advance to a second consecutive state championship game.

Did you know: Henderson quarterback Del Barnes is questionable for tonight’s game because of an ankle injury suffered in last week’s 23-point win against Celina. Barnes injured his left wrist in the first quarter of last year’s seven-point state semifinal win against Alvarado and missed the final three quarters as the Lions erased a 13-0 halftime deficit en route to the win. Lamarcus “Pee Wee” Brown ran Henderson’s offense in that game’s final three quarters as a wildcat quarterback. had no idea Barnes didnt play after the first qt.

And this patrick brown jr guy sounds like a bad dude.

MGAR
12-02-2011, 11:11 AM
had no idea Barnes didnt play after the first qt.

And this patrick brown jr guy sounds like a bad dude.

Both the Brown brothers are bad dudes.

Here's a different version what what was said in the article above.

Patrick Brown has 10 rec. TDs, 3 rush TDs, 1 pass TD, 1 fumble return TD, 5 punt return TDs, 1 KO return TD. That's 21 TDs 6 different ways.

Older brother Lamarcus "Pee Wee" Brown has 8 rec. TDs, 4 rush TDs, 1 def. TD, 1 KO return TD.

35 TDs for the Brown brothers.

Bullaholic
12-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Sure hope both teams can play at 100% and weather is not a factor. It's tough when your team has come this far and can't play key players at 100%. I have no doubt both of these teams will leave it all on the field tonight, regardless of everything else. Glad I am going to get to watch at 11:00 on Ch. 21. Best of luck to players, coaches, and fans tonight for an injury-free, clean, and hard-fought game. Safe travel to all.

hollywood
12-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Both the Brown brothers are bad dudes.

Here's a different version what what was said in the article above.

Patrick Brown has 10 rec. TDs, 3 rush TDs, 1 pass TD, 1 fumble return TD, 5 punt return TDs, 1 KO return TD. That's 21 TDs 6 different ways.

Older brother Lamarcus "Pee Wee" Brown has 8 rec. TDs, 4 rush TDs, 1 def. TD, 1 KO return TD.

35 TDs for the Brown brothers.

Sounds like East Texas speed to me. Going to be hard to stop that.
I'm anxious to see how they do against probably the most physical team they've faced all year.

Emerson1
12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
So it this gonna be on TV?

Bullaholic
12-02-2011, 12:45 PM
So it this gonna be on TV?

Delayed broadcast on KTXA Ch. 21 at 11:00.

garciap77
12-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Did someone run off Lions88? Looks like someone dropped a BIG ONE on him!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/Don_t_Go_-1.gif

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/dropcheer.gif
.................Lions88

Primetime13
12-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Lions88 I just want to clear a few things up now...

After alvarado wins are you going to blame the loss on Barnes not beong 100%? You were the one that said he is not all yall have and that yall have tons of weapons, so please tell me now that wont be your excuse. Another thing, after we show you that east Texas speed isn't all that different from central texas speed will you please tell the rest of east Texas that yall aren't in a class of yalls own.. because its getting real annoying when all you talk about is east texas speed! Well we bring speed and the Hats! So after your running back gets lit up and then tells his coach he doesnt want the ball anymore because we hit to hard, you will understand we came to play!!

garciap77
12-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Here kitty kitty kitty Kitty!!!!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/animals001-1.gif
..................Lions88

;)

Lions88
12-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Lions88 I just want to clear a few things up now...

After alvarado wins are you going to blame the loss on Barnes not beong 100%? You were the one that said he is not all yall have and that yall have tons of weapons, so please tell me now that wont be your excuse. Another thing, after we show you that east Texas speed isn't all that different from central texas speed will you please tell the rest of east Texas that yall aren't in a class of yalls own.. because its getting real annoying when all you talk about is east texas speed! Well we bring speed and the Hats! So after your running back gets lit up and then tells his coach he doesnt want the ball anymore because we hit to hard, you will understand we came to play!!
I wont have to blame anyone because we arent going to lose... its just not going to happen. East Texas football is way better than you think.. The speed of East Texas is going to regin tonight over your little indians. We have the better skill players.. we are bigger.. we are faster.. and we are the defending champs. So bow down and kiss the ring! Yall dont have a chance tonight! You will be seeing me on Alvarado's side tonight.. You are going to know me because I will be the only one yelling over there because its going to be a quiet side. Besides last year yalls crowd was pathetic.. even up 13-0 yall werent that loud. I have heard louder over in east texas. So it BRING IT ALVARADO!!:mad:

Bullaholic
12-02-2011, 01:04 PM
O.k---Who's going to take a pic of Lions88 sitting on the Alvarado side tonight and post it up?

garciap77
12-02-2011, 01:07 PM
I wont have to blame anyone because we arent going to lose... its just not going to happen. East Texas football is way better than you think.. The speed of East Texas is going to regin tonight over your little indians. We have the better skill players.. we are bigger.. we are faster.. and we are the defending champs. So bow down and kiss the ring! Yall dont have a chance tonight! You will be seeing me on Alvarado's side tonight.. You are going to know me because I will be the only one yelling over there because its going to be a quiet side. Besides last year yalls crowd was pathetic.. even up 13-0 yall werent that loud. I have heard louder over in east texas. So it BRING IT ALVARADO!!:mad:

An Lions88 gives a big roar!!!!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/f5696f47-e250-4813-a7cb-f8521e1c575b.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

;)

Primetime13
12-02-2011, 01:09 PM

Haha size doesnt matter to us! We have been the smallest team in every game we have played! as for the rings ill get one especially made for you, but it will have a BIG A on it :) your about to be in shock when you see alvarado play trust me! And I hope you go to the state championship game. We would love your support there :))

garciap77
12-02-2011, 01:10 PM
O.k---Who's going to take a pic of Lions88 sitting on the Alvarado side tonight and post it up?

I will not be able to make the game, but here is a picture he sent me:http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/funny-pictures-the-fat-alf-kid-0fP.jpg

Just look for the blue lunch box!:D

;)

MGAR
12-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I kinda wish I was going to this game tonight.. BUT I think I'll stick to the plan- Crockett vs. Tatum

Good luck to both teams.

defense51
12-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I will not be able to make the game, but here is a picture he sent me:http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/funny-pictures-the-fat-alf-kid-0fP.jpg

Just look for the blue lunch box!:D

;)
Nice!!!

defense51
12-02-2011, 01:32 PM
You're not a girl are you lions88? Not that it matters, just wondering.

garciap77
12-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Nice!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/hmm.gif East Texas Speed don't think so!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/funny-pictures-the-fat-alf-kid-0fP.jpg

;)

Lions88
12-02-2011, 02:04 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/hmm.gif East Texas Speed don't think so!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/funny-pictures-the-fat-alf-kid-0fP.jpg

;)
I like green lunch boxes..

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-02-2011, 02:49 PM
T minus 4:45 min remain until GAMETIME baby!!!

toddg
12-02-2011, 02:57 PM
T minus 4:45 min remain until GAMETIME baby!!!

goin to be a stampede!!! Whoa!!

regaleagle
12-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Alvarado in a sqeaker, 29-27.

defense51
12-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Fear the spear!!!

Lion70
12-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Henderson wins this reamtch and the RECIEVE their first loss. Funny sounds like thats happen before lol!

garciap77
12-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Fear the spear!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/thumbnail.jpg

defense51
12-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Almost game time, the Indian nation is packing the stands! Hope you bring your little lunch box filled with crow lions88.

defense51
12-02-2011, 06:34 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/thumbnail.jpg
How about a bigger spear garciap77?

garciap77
12-02-2011, 08:06 PM
How about a bigger spear garciap77?

How about this one!:D
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/Jazmine2004/Fairies/Website/indian-spear-1.jpg

defense51
12-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Alvarado 20 - Henderson 6 at the half. The big spear helped garciap77.

bobcat1
12-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Alvarado 20 - Henderson 6 at the half. The big spear helped garciap77.Where is Loins88? Getting the crow on now. I bet he wants it tender. http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/lmao.gif

garciap77
12-02-2011, 09:04 PM
I can't help myself!! It's started! LOL

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Lions88.jpg

It's all in fun as my friend ROCKET would say!;)

hollywood
12-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Any lions88 sitings on Alvarado's side??? I bet he tucked his tail and snuck out I'm the 1st quarter! lol

garciap77
12-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Any lions88 sitings on Alvarado's side??? I bet he tucked his tail and snuck out I'm the 1st quarter! lol

It you mention fumbles?

BwdLion73
12-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Go Alvarado.....but I would not be to cocky with a 14 point lead at half.

BullBoy
12-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Man, Alvarado is having their way with Henderson.:eek:

garciap77
12-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Go Alvarado.....but I would not be to cocky with a 14 point lead at half.

How about with 28 point?:D

BullBoy
12-02-2011, 09:46 PM
This is looking like a blow out, East Texas will now dis-own Henderson and adopt Alvarado as one of their own!

defense51
12-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Dang the Indians defense is stingy!

defense51
12-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Any lions88 sitings on Alvarado's side??? I bet he tucked his tail and snuck out I'm the 1st quarter! lolLions88 is mia! Must have gone back home to get his lunch box...

BwdLion73
12-02-2011, 10:01 PM
How about with 28 point?:D

Ok...now I would start getting a little Rocket...I mean Cocky.:)

garciap77
12-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Lions88 is mia! Must have gone back home to get his lunch box...

Where else is he going to carry all the crow!:d

garciap77
12-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Ok...now I would start getting a little Rocket...I mean Cocky.:)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

bobcat1
12-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Great Season Henderson. Great Dominating Win Alvarado! Go Win State!! I believe!

garciap77
12-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Lions88 your you crow is up!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/EatCrow-1.gif

;)

garciap77
12-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Lions88 is mia! Must have gone back home to get his lunch box...

Es Mia? Is lions88 a girl?

Oh well, es tu ella y de Cobrafootball!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Lions88taketwo-1.gifhttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Lions88-1.gif

Lions88 let me know which one you like best!:)

;)

garciap77
12-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Congrats Indians!!!!

franz
12-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Not too impressed with Beasts from the East. Their not any better than us region I folk.

garciap77
12-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Not too impressed with Beasts from the East. Their not any better than us region I folk.

Did you attend the game?

cowboyandchrist
12-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Let me be the first one to say great game by a great football team and I will have my crow how ever you serve it, fried, baked, or boiled. I will say God Bless, but I won't say good luck. Luck has nothing to do with playing good football and winning. I will be in Jerry's house to watch you play, if it is against WC, I will pull for the Indians, if it is Chapell Hill, I will pull for the Dawgs, but I will not bet against the Alvarado Indians. God Bless

defense51
12-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Es Mia? Is lions88 a girl?

Oh well, es tu ella y de Cobrafootball!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Lions88taketwo-1.gifhttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Lions88-1.gif

Lions88 let me know which one you like best!:)

;)
That's right up there with the Mona Lisa! A masterpiece garciap77. I think it should be put on the 3adl homepage.

garciap77
12-02-2011, 10:38 PM
That's right up there with the Mona Lisa! A masterpiece garciap77. I think it should be put on the 3adl homepage.

Maybe not on the 3adl homepage, but maybe on the Reg 1 section!:D

WildTexan972
12-02-2011, 10:44 PM

I think you are mistaken...Alvarado is probably by far the only team in Region1 that can play with about the next 15 best teams in the state....Div2 will have Monahans in the semi's, but they are not near 1 of the best 10 in 3A.....Alvarado has had 2 great years and is in position to win a trophy it appears, but no other Region1 is good enough for that last year or this.....

Old Tiger
12-02-2011, 10:52 PM
final score?

ccmom
12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
final score?34-13

GrTigers6
12-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Congrats! Way to represent 8-3A
So glad you showed lions88 that he really is clueless.
Now go finish the job!

bobcat1
12-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Let me be the first one to say great game by a great football team and I will have my crow how ever you serve it, fried, baked, or boiled. I will say God Bless, but I won't say good luck. Luck has nothing to do with playing good football and winning. I will be in Jerry's house to watch you play, if it is against WC, I will pull for the Indians, if it is Chapell Hill, I will pull for the Dawgs, but I will not bet against the Alvarado Indians. God BlessThere will be no crow left after Loins88 gets his fair share.

texas_wildcat
12-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Henderson has no class and forgot how to lose like men.
Good Job Big A

slingshot
12-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Good Job Big AWhat happened at the end of the game?

ccmom
12-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Good Job Big A When all that mess was going on, the Henderson broadcasters said something like (not a direct quote) "I'm surprised there are not more police officers on Henderson side. It looks like Henderson fans are going to jump the railing and I know some of them and they will." Wow...

Anyway, hate to see that kind of stuff happen.

bobcat1
12-02-2011, 11:30 PM
when all that mess was going on, the henderson broadcasters said something like (not a direct quote) "i'm surprised there are not more police officers on henderson side. It looks like henderson fans are going to jump the railing and i know some of them and they will." wow...

Anyway, hate to see that kind of stuff happen.Wow!:eek:

83Indian
12-03-2011, 12:00 AM
The game is being replayed on Channel 21 KDFW right now.

Great Game Indians!

regaleagle
12-03-2011, 12:05 AM
So much for my "squeaker" prediction for Alvarado. Now that's the way to play sum football, Indians. What a fantastic win for you! I am so happy you guys and Argyle both won against the District of Doom teams. Let's celebrate!

defense51
12-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Maybe not on the 3adl homepage, but maybe on the Reg 1 section!:DDefinitely region I worthy.

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Gsquared and I saw these two teams back to back weeks..and even back then we felt that the Indians O-Line would dominate Henderson..and they did...great job by Alvarado's D of forcing Henderson into a ton of mistakes.

ccmom
12-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Gsquared and I saw these two teams back to back weeks..and even back then we felt that the Indians O-Line would dominate Henderson..and they did...great job by Alvarado's D of forcing Henderson into a ton of mistakes.They did that for sure! I thought you picked Henderson to win, though...right? :)

Matthew328
12-03-2011, 12:41 AM
I picked Henderson and boy was I wrong...Alvarado dominated in the trenches on both sides....simply an awesome display.....really really ugly by some of the Henderson kids at the end of the game....Henderson got their rear ends handed to them and simply handled it like children....watch the replay right now

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 12:41 AM
They did that for sure! I thought you picked Henderson to win, though...right? :)

yep I did...I figured Alvarado would get their yards and point..but I felt Henderson would as well..but the Lions turned back into how they played agianst Gilmer and Carthage( especially Gilmer game) and jst spit the bit on offense with way to many turnovers and mistakes

83Indian
12-03-2011, 12:52 AM
yep I did...I figured Alvarado would get their yards and point..but I felt Henderson would as well..but the Lions turned back into how they played agianst Gilmer and Carthage( especially Gilmer game) and jst spit the bit on offense with way to many turnovers and mistakes

The Alvarado secondary played about as good a game as I have seen them play this year. Those Interceptions happened because the receivers from Henderson were not getting any separation and were covered. Only once did a receiver get behind us and then he dropped the pass. Henderson could have made this a closer game trying to stick with the run more in my opinion. They got behind and kept trying to get it back in one big play. Henderson's QB fumbles were due to no one being open and having to hold onto the ball too long. The Alvarado defensive line was impressive as well as the linebacker play. A few times we bent a little but never let them get out in the open for a big run. Well executed and played game on both sides of the ball for big A.

Roughneck93
12-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Congrats Alvarado! Good luck next week.

errnwith3kids
12-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Guess NOT!!!

Henderson wins this reamtch and the RECIEVE their first loss. Funny sounds like thats happen before lol!

errnwith3kids
12-03-2011, 01:22 AM
and by that you mean, AMAZING, right?????!!!!!!!

Dang the Indians defense is stingy!

errnwith3kids
12-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Wow... you are so angry... do you think it's because you really know how good we are??? As we proved, size DOESN"T matter... it's all heart and we have that!!!! We also have class that the Henderson Lions OBVIOUSLY do not have, starting with you!!!!! I am pretty sure I NEVER heard your team yell because we were SOOOO LOUD!!!!! We have a quarterback, who you gave NO credit to, who runs, throws, and blocks... WAY better than the Henderson QB... We have WAYNE ONDERDONK... the one you said couldn't run... Yep, ENOUGH said with our score and his OBVIOUS talent. We have THE DARKSIDE... and whether you want to give them credit, kept your precious LIONS to 13 points... And our small O-line showed your O-line how to play, all night... I'm sorry for the classlessness of you and your Henderson Lions... You will NEVER see Alvarado act like that!!!! WAY TO GO INDIANS!!!!

errnwith3kids
12-03-2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks for your support, garciap77... WE DOMINATED!!!!:)

errnwith3kids
12-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Heck of a prediction... so very close!!!!

errnwith3kids
12-03-2011, 02:13 AM
I can tell you people from Alvarado NEVER had ANY doubt!!!! So yes, we really thought/KNEW we could win but we certainly CAN"T STAND the loudmouth Lions88, either...

I wonder what it is...

or

rholl
12-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Our coaches dialed up a fantastic gameplan and our young men executed it to perfection!!!
Its a great day to be an Indian!!!!

errnwith3kids
12-03-2011, 03:24 AM
:):):):):)

Make sure you send me your picture (8x10)!:D

yellaseeker
12-03-2011, 04:40 AM
I guess loud mouth did actually jinx his own team. You can rise above ignorance but there is no cure for stupidity.

Want to wish Alvarado good luck in the SC. I'm pretty confident they can beat C. Hill. We had them and let them slip out the back door in the end.

hollywood
12-03-2011, 04:44 AM

Guess I underestimated Alvarado by a TD!! Great win Alvarado. After seeing video of the 2011 version, I knew big A was for real!!

hollywood
12-03-2011, 04:50 AM
No doubt Alvarado is SC worthy! I just don't see CHill being able to hang with Alvarado's D. A well oiled machine is what Alvarado is. It's their year. When one for A-town and Region 1!!!

BRING ON ANOTHER "BEAST FROM THE EAST"!!!

defense51
12-03-2011, 05:23 AM
and by that you mean, AMAZING, right?????!!!!!!!
yep, they don't share the ball with the opposing offensive is the point i was trying to make.

franz
12-03-2011, 08:01 AM
I think you are mistaken...Alvarado is probably by far the only team in Region1 that can play with about the next 15 best teams in the state....Div2 will have Monahans in the semi's, but they are not near 1 of the best 10 in 3A.....Alvarado has had 2 great years and is in position to win a trophy it appears, but no other Region1 is good enough for that last year or this.....

Nobody disputes the East has good teams, but your posts always sound like your superior(and not in a good humor kind of way). You may be right that this year region 1 is slightly down. Not going to dig evey year out, but 2008 state champ Prosper edged Wylie in overtime by one. I'm sure Carthage would not want to play Brownwood again last year. Gilmer was very good in 2009. You can look at the state champ archives and see that region 1,3, and 4 are no worse than region 2.

franz
12-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Did you attend the game?

Listened online

Chillfan
12-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Great game Indians. You sure proved me wrong. See ya Friday.

Bullaholic
12-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Congrats to the Alvarado Indians for a impressive victory, and congrats to the Henderson Lions for another great season.

I could see the Indians building from the Bulls playing them over the last 2 seasons. They are a complete team that is well coached and have players who play very hard on every down for 4 quarters. I think they have every chance to bring home a D1 SC this season. Best of luck to the Alvarado Indians.