PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Buckeyes (13-0) vs Argyle Eagles (12-1)

poisoned10
11-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Rematch of last year's region semi-final game being played for the region championship.

Argyle put a nice whooping on Gilmer last year, so I know Gilmer is going to love this rematch.

I would expect Gilmer to have a very good week of focused practice and come out next week even more focused.

Hopefully we can pull this one out. It's going to be a tough one.

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Gonna be an extraordinarily difficult game to win. Aunne destroyed us last year.

These are not the same Buckeyes as last year, but highly doubt that the Eagles are fielding a less talented team than last year. I do feel like we match up A LOT better this year than last year, so another "thrashing" would be a shock.

Can the Buckeyes win?? Absolutely!!! But I don't feel like I'd be the only one to consider that an upset.

JMHO

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Where are they playing and when?

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Where are they playing and when?
Friday, 7PM, Corsicana

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2011, 11:21 AM
This will be a great ball game between two very good teams. The Arygle Q/B is what makes them go. Carhtage had him many times in the backfield and he takes off for a first down. He will not take a hit, he runs out of bounds or he slides down. It could have been because the Dawgs were knocking the h--- out of the running backs and recievers. That is by far the hardest hitting D I have seen all year. Argyle can move the ball up and down the field. The only chink in the Argyle D is the secondary. I think the Gilmer recievers will have a big game if Trayler has time to throw. Argyle has two good linebackers, one I think number 43 is very good. If Argyle tries to get in a shoot out with Gilmer, game over. Gilmer loves that kind of game, they can score on anybody. The Gilmer D can fly to the dang football. Very seldom will you see one or two players make the tackel. It is always three or more players arrive at the same time. They are a well oiled machine. The best way to describe Gilmer is all 11 guys play like one, whether they are on offense or defense. This will be the best game in 3A this weekend. It could go either way, but I will pick Gilmer by 7. Hey I am an East Texas homer, what do you expect. God Bless and no injuries.

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 11:57 AM
I will say that our defense is underrated. Everyone notes that our offense is extremely effective, but our defensive guys are really the unsung heroes of this team. BEST defense? Absolutely not. But these guys play very smart football and yes they do fly to the ball. This Gilmer team is as much an anomaly as anything. We really don't have that standout stud player on this team. As cliched as it sounds, the strength of this team is that they are indeed a "team". It seems like every week, a different player steps up with a great game.

I'd probably go with Chase Tate in the Van Alstyne game. Some Longview fans sitting behind us said, "Jesus Christ that kid is fast!" LOL

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 12:47 PM
This will be a great ball game between two very good teams. The Arygle Q/B is what makes them go. Carhtage had him many times in the backfield and he takes off for a first down. He will not take a hit, he runs out of bounds or he slides down. It could have been because the Dawgs were knocking the h--- out of the running backs and recievers. That is by far the hardest hitting D I have seen all year. Argyle can move the ball up and down the field. The only chink in the Argyle D is the secondary. I think the Gilmer recievers will have a big game if Trayler has time to throw. Argyle has two good linebackers, one I think number 43 is very good. If Argyle tries to get in a shoot out with Gilmer, game over. Gilmer loves that kind of game, they can score on anybody. The Gilmer D can fly to the dang football. Very seldom will you see one or two players make the tackel. It is always three or more players arrive at the same time. They are a well oiled machine. The best way to describe Gilmer is all 11 guys play like one, whether they are on offense or defense. This will be the best game in 3A this weekend. It could go either way, but I will pick Gilmer by 7. Hey I am an East Texas homer, what do you expect. God Bless and no injuries.

I dont think a shoot out benefits or hurts either team..both can score and score at will

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 01:55 PM
The key matchup to me in this game is how well Adam Witcher #34 and Josh Walker #20 can contain Aunne's ability to scramble and make plays. If he's able to break containment and keep drives alive, it could be a long night.

garciap77
11-27-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm taking the Gilmer Buckeyes!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

Old Tiger
11-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Is Turner going to be back for Gilmer?

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Is Turner going to be back for Gilmer?

Not a prayer.

LionFan72
11-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Not a prayer.

Is Gilmer gonna win? Same answer!

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Is Gilmer gonna win? Same answer!

I wouldn't say "not a prayer". Tough test; you bet. But either team is capable of winning this one. I would probably call Argyle the favorite though.

mike_angler
11-27-2011, 10:33 PM
This should be another very good game this weekend, but I believe that Argyle will be able to knock off their second 16-3A team in as many weeks.

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 10:36 PM
This should be another very good game this weekend, but I believe that Argyle will be able to knock off their second 16-3A team in as many weeks.

I hope you are incorrect, but won't be surprised if you aren't. Lol

LionFan72
11-27-2011, 11:00 PM
For sure going to be a great game, lots of talent on the field both sides of the field. Probably going to be who has the ball last wins the game.

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Argyle returns Mr Aunne, a massive O-line, and most of the skill guys all with one more year of maturity and experience.
The Buckeyes return pretty much the same team minus some of the younger guys who were freshmen or in the eighth grade last fall. #20 Josh Walker, LB (So) and #10 Tanner Barr, S (So) have both had a huge impact on the level of our defensive play. And #25 Chase Tate, RB (Fr) has been a human highlight reel on offense. And everyone of course knows that Luke is gone for the year. #12 Jordan Traylor has been such a pleasant surprise at QB and hopefully has a little more magic left in him.

Really looking forward to Friday!:)

regaleagle
11-28-2011, 09:04 AM
If I had to put a favorite out there, it would be Gilmer...not Argyle. Gilmer has had an easier time of it week in and week out the several last playoff games. Argyle, on the other hand, has just come out of a very physical. emotionally draining game with some players on each side of the ball nicked up. I don't know if Matt Ryon is gonna be able to go, and Bossow was hurting too. I have the game as a toss-up, but I'm not certain of Argyle's health or that of the Buckeyes. I do know this: each team will need their very best personnel on the field if at all possible. This game means too much to either team to not do so. We should know more closer to gametime about Ryon and Bossow, and I really don't know if there may be other nagging injuries. Carthage even said it was a very hard-hitting war out there.

BuckeyeNut
11-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Gilmer is playing lights out football, makes turnovers and running and passing the ball very well. Defense held a very good offense last week to 14 points. I am seeing we will jump out to a early lead and hold on at the end. 48-35 Gilmer

lostaussie
11-28-2011, 10:02 AM
I am pumped for this one..............scares crap out of me though!! We know Argyle will be more than a formidable foe. This game will be tough for us...........but it's gonna be tough for Argyle also. One will still be standing when it's over. Good luck to both. GO BUCKEYES

waterboy
11-28-2011, 10:57 AM
This game is a definite toss-up in my mind. The Buckeyes have been betting on this game happening since they ended our season last year. I'm hoping the Buckeyes learned their lesson, made adjustments, and execute them to perfection. This game will come down to who executes better in all facets of the game. The Buckeyes have to control the tempo, not have ANY turnovers, and cause at least a couple of turnovers by Argyle, in my opinion. They cannot play a cover two zone against the Argyle receivers in this one, or the Buckeyes will get eaten up defensively. Their receivers found the soft spots in our zone last year like no other, and we absolutely cannot let that happen again. The Black Flag defense will have to keep Aune from getting outside the pocket, AND collapse the middle, put pressure on him, AND not give him throwing lanes. These are definitely tall orders for our defense, but I'm pretty sure it can be done. The Buckeye offense will have to execute, not turn the ball over, and score almost every possession. Once again, a tall order against a stout Argyle defense.

I don't know how this game will go, but I would bet money that the winner will be the state champion.

MGAR
11-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Where's all those skirt fans that were on the East Texas board last week flapping them gums?

Gsquared
11-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Man, id love for this one to be a double header along with Alvarado/Henderson.

firstdown
11-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Where's all those skirt fans that were on the East Texas board last week flapping them gums?

I don't know what skirt fans you're referring to but I'll be your huckleberry.... why don't you go back to the other board and get under your rock.

pirate4state
11-28-2011, 02:01 PM
One will still be standing when it's over. No shirt, Sherlock! ;) :devil:

GO BUCKEYES!

regaleagle
11-28-2011, 04:04 PM
MGAR is talking about Scotland the Brave and his kilted skirt avatar, and myself because I am a Scotsman by heritage. Scottie is busy holding down the fort for us on the other board, and I will join him later. He should be over here to impart some interesting and entertaining facts sooner or later. Carthage rather enjoyed our pregame bantereing and fun. But this week, I think things have gotten a little more serious, with a lot less smack from both sides.

lostaussie
11-28-2011, 04:10 PM
no smack from myself this week. I know what we are up against. I do believe we are the underdogs in this one but I certainly think we can get it done. It's going to be a long week:D

waterboy
11-28-2011, 04:17 PM
MGAR is talking about Scotland the Brave and his kilted skirt avatar, and myself because I am a Scotsman by heritage. Scottie is busy holding down the fort for us on the other board, and I will join him later. He should be over here to impart some interesting and entertaining facts sooner or later. Carthage rather enjoyed our pregame bantereing and fun. But this week, I think things have gotten a little more serious, with a lot less smack from both sides.
Yep. That's what happens when both teams are good, AND know what they're facing.......a TOUGH opponent. The Argyle faithful have a little more right to talk smack at this point because of last year. We're just looking for a different outcome in this one. It definitely would be a gratifying win if we're able to pull it off. I think we have the capability, no doubt. The ball bounces funny sometimes, though, and I'm hoping it bounces OUR way this time. The game last year left a really bad "taste in our mouths", for lack of a better description. We played horribly, and lost to the better team. We absolutely HAVE to play our best game to win this one.

firstdown
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the explanation Regal. In the words of a wise man "these are serious times indeed"

MGAR
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
I don't know what skirt fans you're referring to but I'll be your huckleberry.... why don't you go back to the other board and get under your rock.

Why would I be under a rock?

buckeyebob
11-28-2011, 04:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI&feature=related

It is Cuero of 2009...remember...

MGAR
11-28-2011, 04:24 PM

Just remember, most of Gilmer's following are old so it may take them some time to reply. I think that website created an app just for them and their Jitterbugs.

waterboy
11-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Just remember, most of Gilmer's following are old so it may take them some time to reply. I think that website created an app just for them and their Jitterbugs.
Hey! Us old Gilmer folks don't know the first thing about an app, and certainly wouldn't waste our hard-earned dollars trying to figure it out! That's what our kids are for, lol! What the heck is a "jitterbug"? ......Oh, wait a minute,........are you talking about the Buckeye Bug that some of our fans use to listen to our homers call the game on the radio?

Buckeye80
11-28-2011, 07:28 PM

You just remember, the older you are, the less car insurance costs.

icu812
11-29-2011, 12:43 AM
I dont think a shoot out benefits or hurts either team..both can score and score at will

I agree with you on that point. If Arygle doesn't turn the ball over they can win a shoot out with Gilmer. Athough, I think Arygle will make more mistakes (some forced by the Buckeyes) and Gilmer win this time around. Then, if healthy, go on to win state. Gilmer doesn't have the most talented team but they may just have the best TEAM. They have lots of good but not great players and IMO the Gilmer coaching staff has really done a great job this year.

buckeyebob
11-29-2011, 04:09 AM
You just remember, the older you are, the less car insurance costs.

Not in my case...I am not sure why...I'm just glad my wife still allows me to drive.

BigRedNuffSaid
11-29-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm Just glad I get to be off Friday so I can leave early and get a good seat.
Hard to beat some of those Gilmerites to games...:)

buckeyebob
11-29-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm Just glad I get to be off Friday so I can leave early and get a good seat.
Hard to beat some of those Gilmerites to games...:)

We will be there Thursday so we can get a 50 yarder

regaleagle
11-29-2011, 12:49 PM
From what I have been able to ascertain by reading posts on the boards, both teams have some players that are not healthy and some may not even play, or play at less than full strength. This game is matched so closely that it seems impossible to predict a probable winner. There is not even a clear understanding of which starters on each team may not be playing, and at what positions. Then you have all the intangilbes,,,turnovers, special teams play, weather, in-game injuries,,,there are just too many variables. And then there is the very probable event of big plays and killer penalities from either or both teams. Just too much involved here to even predict an outcome. IF this were to happen,,,or IF that were to happen. In other words, there's really no favorite here. Like I said before, it's a complete and utter toss-up game. Lots of fans on edge here, that's for sure.:1popcorn:

waterboy
11-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Good observation there, regaleagle. We still don't know what to expect. The game could come down to a funny bounce. You know a football is shaped kinda funny, and it can happen. I know last year the ball bounced funny AGAINST us. I'm hoping that this year the ball bounces FOR us.

Gsquared
11-29-2011, 01:02 PM
I got an opinion on this one since ive seen both. Playoff football is like playoff hockey (I know, communist sport) one odd bounce can send you home this late in the tournament. Thats what makes our game so great. Even the best that win rings still have to have a little luck and get a break here and there.

Bullaholic
11-29-2011, 01:17 PM
From what I have been able to ascertain by reading posts on the boards, both teams have some players that are not healthy and some may not even play, or play at less than full strength. This game is matched so closely that it seems impossible to predict a probable winner. There is not even a clear understanding of which starters on each team may not be playing, and at what positions. Then you have all the intangilbes,,,turnovers, special teams play, weather, in-game injuries,,,there are just too many variables. And then there is the very probable event of big plays and killer penalities from either or both teams. Just too much involved here to even predict an outcome. IF this were to happen,,,or IF that were to happen. In other words, there's really no favorite here. Like I said before, it's a complete and utter toss-up game. Lots of fans on edge here, that's for sure.:1popcorn:

I agree, Regal. Too close to call this one. I've only seen Argyle this season on TV, and Gilmer, not at all. I think both have beaten some plenty good teams and could give anybody left in D2, all, or more than they want. I look for a shootout with the last team with the ball poised for a win. I think there will be several big plays by both teams in this one.

lostaussie
11-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Lots of fans on edge here, that's for sure.:1popcorn: I resemble that remark:D

waterboy
11-29-2011, 03:51 PM
I resemble that remark:D
Me, too. I honestly don't know what to expect in this one. I know what each team has, I just don't know how they will match up. It should be a good game. Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to go to this one. I've gotta work..:crying:

I don't care HOW the Buckeyes win, I just want a WIN! I want to get to see them play again THIS season!

lostaussie
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Me, too. I honestly don't know what to expect in this one. I know what each team has, I just don't know how they will match up. It should be a good game. Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to go to this one. I've gotta work..:crying:

I don't care HOW the Buckeyes win, I just want a WIN! I want to get to see them play again THIS season!Must be the ole' inventory:D...........that sucks for you dude. What is the Christmas present this year? I need to come by and pick mine up:D Got left of Santa's list last year!!!

waterboy
11-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Must be the ole' inventory:D...........that sucks for you dude. What is the Christmas present this year? I need to come by and pick mine up:D Got left of Santa's list last year!!!
Yep, and it looks like next week, too. We're splitting it up this year, and yes, it does suck! Christmas present? I had you one here last year, you just didn't come by before it got stolen.........hehehe. I'll let ya know, and come by when I tell ya this time, ya hear?

Buckeye80
11-29-2011, 05:38 PM
I got an opinion on this one since ive seen both. Playoff football is like playoff hockey (I know, communist sport) one odd bounce can send you home this late in the tournament. Thats what makes our game so great. Even the best that win rings still have to have a little luck and get a break here and there.

Gonna use the old 20 beer method again? Lol

trojan37
11-29-2011, 06:45 PM
I was planning to go watch these 2 for the first time ever on Friday night but it looks like rain will have an impact on this game. I don't know if I'll make it if it turns into a downpour but turnovers could be a factor if the rock gets a little slippery.

Gsquared
11-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Gonna use the old 20 beer method again? Lol
Only other method I know is the 21 beer method. Although I picked Argyle to win it all before the season began, I think Gilmer takes this one in a thriller. Ill elaborate tomorrow

Buckeye80
11-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Only other method I know is the 21 beer method. Although I picked Argyle to win it all before the season began, I think Gilmer takes this one in a thriller. Ill elaborate tomorrow

Oh Christ! The G2 curse strikes!! Congratulations Argyle! Go win state!! :(

pirate4state
11-29-2011, 11:52 PM

LMAO! :doh:

buckeyebob
11-30-2011, 05:11 AM

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/xbrokenxlove/love%20pics/Astakethroughtheheart.jpg

G2 does it to us again! We never get respect.

Gsquared
11-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Relax relax relax, ive been paid by Alvarado ISD (In hamburgers) to infiltrate the Henderson side of Pennington Friday night. I wont be any where near Corsicanna Friday

waterboy
11-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Relax. I think that "curse" only works if he attends, and it still depends on which side he sits on. He'll be in Bedford when this game happens. Besides, G2 has been to many Buckeye games, and sat on our side, and we beat the curse nearly every time. He's usually pretty good with his picks, too.

garciap77
11-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Relax. I think that "curse" only works if he attends, and it still depends on which side he sits on. He'll be in Bedford when this game happens. Besides, G2 has been to many Buckeye games, and sat on our side, and we beat the curse nearly every time. He's usually pretty good with his picks, too.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Goodlucksmiley.gif Win state!

waterboy
11-30-2011, 10:10 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Goodlucksmiley.gif Win state!
If we do make it, are you going? You can sit with me, brotha.....:wave:

Gsquared
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
What bout me? Can I sit with yall too?

waterboy
11-30-2011, 10:35 AM
What bout me? Can I sit with yall too?
Only If you will partake of the Tinker's Dang Hex brew that oldbuckeye#62 will be brewing, otherwise known as the TDH. You'll have to meet our clan outside the stadium, first, and you have to bring your wallet this time. Of course, when you do drink the stuff you may not feel like sticking around. I heard it does some crazy stuff to a person.:eek: I won't go into detail, but when he's brewed the stuff the government always gets involved. Seems they think it could be used in chemical warfare or something.:twitch:

Gsquared
11-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Only If you will partake of the Tinker's Dang Hex brew that oldbuckeye#62 will be brewing, otherwise known as the TDH. You'll have to meet our clan outside the stadium, first, and you have to bring your wallet this time. Of course, when you do drink the stuff you may not feel like sticking around. I heard it does some crazy stuff to a person.:eek: I won't go into detail, but when he's brewed the stuff the government always gets involved. Seems they think it could be used in chemical warfare or something.:twitch:
Lets just say for a moment, if I DID forget my wallet at home on accident, is there a contingency plan for that situation? I cant go all day without eating.

waterboy
11-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Lets just say for a moment, if I DID forget my wallet at home on accident, is there a contingency plan for that situation? I cant go all day without eating.
Yep, there IS a contingency plan, but you may not want any part of it! Just a word of advise.......BRING YOUR WALLET THIS TIME!!:stirpot:

Gsquared
11-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Yep, there IS a contingency plan, but you may not want any part of it! Just a word of advise.......BRING YOUR WALLET THIS TIME!!:stirpot:
Ok, ill bring my wallet, just hope I dont forget to put my check card or credit card in it

waterboy
11-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Ok, ill bring my wallet, just hope I dont forget to put my check card or credit card in it
It's not about the money, brotha! It's about finding at least two forms of I.D.!:stirpot:.......Uuuuuuuhhhhh, just in case! That's the EPA requirements, not ours! The Secret Service makes that a requirement, too! So....., yes it would be a good idea to bring your check card AND a credit card!:twitch:

Gsquared
11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
It's not about the money, brotha! It's about finding at least two forms of I.D.!:stirpot:.......Uuuuuuuhhhhh, just in case! That's the EPA requirements, not ours! The Secret Service makes that a requirement, too! So....., yes it would be a good idea to bring your check card AND a credit card!:twitch:
Why do I get the feeling that this night is going to end with me taking a late night ride in a Lincoln Towncar and a cinder block chained to my ankle?

poisoned10
11-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Ill elaborate tomorrow

Well ... ?

waterboy
11-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Why do I get the feeling that this night is going to end with me taking a late night ride in a Lincoln Towncar and a cinder block chained to my ankle?
Naw, man! You worry too much. We ain't got no Lincoln Towncar! This ain't Abilene Wylie! We only drive pickup trucks over here! Does the Towncar and cinder block chained to your ankle bring back some sort of bad memory for ya?:eek: We wouldn't do that do ya anyway. The I.D. stuff is just for the "worst case scenario" deal anyway. Usually the TDH just makes your toenails curl up kinda funny, makes you grow "fur" in funny places, makes your teeth fall out, makes you do some crazy stuff like run around in circles chasing imaginary "flies", and makes you glow in the dark. The good news is the effects wear off after about 3 to 4 hours, and you go back to normal.......whatever that may be be for ya. It's all good brotha! Come on over...:wave:

regaleagle
11-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Sounds more like mushroom Kool-aide to me> maybe with an East Texas spike added for more effect, LOL. HaHaHa.

waterboy
11-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Sounds more like mushroom Kool-aide to me> maybe with an East Texas spike added for more effect, LOL. HaHaHa.
.....and you'd know this how?:twitch::) 'Shrooms ain't got nuttin' on this stuff anyhow! Hehehehehe...:stirpot:

BuckeyeNut
11-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Rain???? Say it ant so

defense51
11-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Oh yeah, its coming.

bobcat1
11-30-2011, 07:25 PM

Naw, man! You worry too much. We ain't got no Lincoln Towncar! This ain't Abilene Wylie! We only drive pickup trucks over here! Does the Towncar and cinder block chained to your ankle bring back some sort of bad memory for ya?:eek: We wouldn't do that do ya anyway. The I.D. stuff is just for the "worst case scenario" deal anyway. Usually the TDH just makes your toenails curl up kinda funny, makes you grow "fur" in funny places, makes your teeth fall out, makes you do some crazy stuff like run around in circles chasing imaginary "flies", and makes you glow in the dark. The good news is the effects wear off after about 3 to 4 hours, and you go back to normal.......whatever that may be be for ya. It's all good brotha! Come on over...:wave: G if they ask you to squeal like a pig, RUN!

Gsquared
12-01-2011, 07:16 AM
G if they ask you to squeal like a pig, RUN!
If I hear one, and I mean just one banjo, im outta there!

Aesculus gilmus
12-01-2011, 07:40 AM
We won't control the sound system in Corsicana, I don't think.

If it were at Buckeye Stadium, you'd be more likely to hear a medley of original hip-hop compositions which have been written about and dedicated to the Buckeyes over the years.

Gsquared
12-01-2011, 07:45 AM
We won't control the sound system in Corsicana, I don't think.

If it were at Buckeye Stadium, you'd be more likely to hear a medley of original hip-hop compositions which have been written about and dedicated to the Buckeyes over the years.
Its been two years since ive seen a game at Buckeye Stadim

garciap77
12-01-2011, 08:30 AM

YES!!! I'll come sit with you. Will they sell beer at the game?:D

lostaussie
12-01-2011, 09:34 AM
YES!!! I'll come sit with you. Will they sell beer at the game?:DYes I will...........out in parking lot:D

BuckeyeNut
12-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Black Flag defense got back a dl this week and he is ready to go, been out with a hand injury. Hill's hand is fine

lostaussie
12-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Black Flag defense got back a dl this week and he is ready to go, been out with a hand injury. Hill's hand is fineI heard that earlier and that is some really good news!!!

garciap77
12-01-2011, 12:40 PM
G if they ask you to squeal like a pig, RUN!

Or if you see this guy wearing Glimer gear RUN G2 RUN!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/1175475919_28d7112c64.jpg

waterboy
12-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Branson Parker will be ready to go, too! That's also good news! Haven't heard about Gavin Holt yet. Hope he is 100%.

garciap77
12-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Yes I will...........out in parking lot:D

Will you also server "Tutankhamun Ale" for us Wylie Folks?
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Tutankhamunale.jpg

Don't forget the wine for ccmom, some Chateau Lafite, 1787 or Chateau Mouton Rothschild, 1945 will be fine!:D

;)

lostaussie
12-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Will you also server "Tutankhamun Ale" for us Wylie Folks?
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Tutankhamunale.jpg

Don't forget the wine for ccmom, some Chateau Lafite, 1787 or Chateau Mouton Rothschild, 1945 will be fine!:D

;)Might could hook a brother up with some MD20/20 or Boone's Farm Tickle Pink:D

Gsquared
12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Might could hook a brother up with some MD20/20 or Boone's Farm Tickle Pink:D
Go get some wine out at that Morman community outside of Gilmer, bet they got some good fermented corn

poisoned10
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
The closer we get to game time and the more I hear from Gilmer players, the better I feel about our chances of winning.

I just wish this game was played on Saturday so I could listen to it.

lostaussie
12-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Go get some wine out at that Morman community outside of Gilmer, bet they got some good fermented cornI knew when I brought up the cheap wine you would chime in:D

lostaussie
12-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Almost.............GAME DAY

Buckeye80
12-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Buckeye defense vs Stephen Hodge in 04, Vincent McNeal in 09, and Del Barnes in 11 is the defense that needs to show up in this one. Aune's legs will make us or break us in this one.

toddg
12-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Buckeye defense vs Stephen Hodge in 04, Vincent McNeal in 09, and Del Barnes in 11 is the defense that needs to show up in this one. Aune's legs will make us or break us in this one.

just dont hurt him!! TCU would be POd!

regaleagle
12-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Not sure how our boyz will hold up to the Bux balanced offense. I suspect they will try to run on us with their stable of speedy backs. And then go to the air to keep us off-balance. Traylor looks to have a very capable arm, and keeping up with those speedy recievers may be cause for concern. Argyle will need to make some defensive stops in each half, control the clock, and score on some quick hitters also. If Argyle gets out the gate fast, and gets up on Gilmer by 10 pts, it could make for an interesting finish. If they fall behind by 10 pts., they may not ever be able to make up the difference.

poisoned10
12-02-2011, 01:50 AM
If they fall behind by 10 pts., they may not ever be able to make up the difference.

-10<-18

Trust me, no one from Gilmer will feel comfortable with a 10 point lead.

lostaussie
12-02-2011, 07:46 AM
-10<-18

Trust me, no one from Gilmer will feel comfortable with a 10 point lead.Thats a 10-4...........well maybe with 30 seconds left and possesion of the ball:D

trojan37
12-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Looks like the rain will hold off for tonight making for an even playing field between the two teams. I can't wait to check this one out since I haven't seen either team yet. Who is home team, because that is where I will be sitting? Just curious on what kind of rabid fans I will be around.

waterboy
12-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Looks like the rain will hold off for tonight making for an even playing field between the two teams. I can't wait to check this one out since I haven't seen either team yet. Who is home team, because that is where I will be sitting? Just curious on what kind of rabid fans I will be around.
Gilmer is the home team, so wear orange and black, and bring noisemakers. Don't get offended if somebody stands in front of you most of the game, or if somebody is making a deafening noise behind you. Just words of advice for ya trojan37. BTW, it's perfectly alright if you actually cheer for the good guys in orange and black. We appreciate it, not to mention it'll make the game much more fun for ya.:clap:

P.S. I probably would advise you not to sit too close to Buckeyebob. He will have eaten a lot of Mexican food before the game.:twitch::)

BuckeyeNut
12-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Gilmer is the home team, so wear orange and black, and bring noisemakers. Don't get offended if somebody stands in front of you most of the game, or if somebody is making a deafening noise behind you. Just words of advice for ya trojan37. BTW, it's perfectly alright if you actually cheer for the good guys in orange and black. We appreciate it, not to mention it'll make the game much more fun for ya.:clap:

P.S. I probably would advise you not to sit too close to Buckeyebob. He will have eaten a lot of Mexican food before the game.:twitch::)

LOL :cheerl:

LionFan72
12-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Where will the game be streamed tonight?

garciap77
12-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Might could hook a brother up with some MD20/20 or Boone's Farm Tickle Pink:D

How about some 40s? Can you hook us up with that?:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/oe800.jpg

:D

Go Buckeyes!!!!

P.S. Can I get a discount if I bring my mug?:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/gilmer_buckeyes_texas_football_champions_2009_mug-p1684930579005088752l99x_400.jpg

garciap77
12-02-2011, 12:36 PM

Maybe here: http://w3.gilmerbuckeyes.com/listenlive.html

waterboy
12-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Since Garcia beat me to it, I'd still go here first just to listen to the music to get you in the mood!

http://www.gilmerbuckeyes.com/

Then hit team sports and listen to the song on this site:

http://www.gilmerbuckeyes.com/page11.html

LIONS#1
12-02-2011, 01:16 PM
How about some 40s? Can you hook us up with that?:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/oe800.jpg

:D

Go Buckeyes!!!!

P.S. Can I get a discount if I bring my mug?:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/gilmer_buckeyes_texas_football_champions_2009_mug-p1684930579005088752l99x_400.jpg

How about some Tall glass of Beerz!!!:twitch:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/liopnguyy/funny%20pics/imagesCAJYW3QT.jpg

LIONS#1
12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I like bottled beerz!!! Myself!!!:eek::1popcorn:

garciap77
12-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Since Garcia beat me to it, I'd still go here first just to listen to the music to get you in the mood!

http://www.gilmerbuckeyes.com/

Then hit team sports and listen to the song on this site:

http://www.gilmerbuckeyes.com/page11.html

Then, if you really want to get into the mood go to this site http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVYiuc17tKE!:)

MGAR
12-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Then, if you really want to get into the mood go to this site http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVYiuc17tKE!:)

That's pretty cool.. and I'm not even a fan of Lion King.

regaleagle
12-02-2011, 02:33 PM
For the call from the Argyle Broadcasting Network, you can go to Sportsgram.com and google it up.

poisoned10
12-02-2011, 02:49 PM
That's pretty cool.. and I'm not even a fan of Lion King.

In no way are those lions kings.

lostaussie
12-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Good Luck and safe travels...........I'm rolling south. Hopefully when I roll back north I be doing this............ :D

Gsquared
12-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Good Luck and safe travels...........I'm rolling south. Hopefully when I roll back north I be doing this............ :D
Great, the Navarro County Sherrif Dept. has been notified.

garciap77
12-02-2011, 04:30 PM

Happy Sweet Beaver on your way back north!:D Go Buckeyes!!!!

garciap77
12-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Great, the Navarro County Sherrif Dept. has been notified.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif I'm not driving to slow, everyone else is driving to fast officer!:D

waterboy
12-02-2011, 04:45 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif I'm not driving to slow, everyone else is driving to fast officer!:D
I can see it now.........

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif........"I ain't as thunk as you drink I am, officer!"http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif

garciap77
12-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I can see it now.........

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif........"I ain't as thunk as you drink I am, officer!"http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif........"I ain't driving slow, I'm from East Texas, Officer!"http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif

waterboy
12-02-2011, 04:51 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif........"I AM driving slow, I'm from East Texas, Officer!"http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif
There, I fixed it for ya, bro!:wave:

garciap77
12-02-2011, 04:57 PM
There, I fixed it for ya, bro!:wave:

LOL I feel http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif already!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif.......And Buckeyebob is my best friend, officer.....http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif

garciap77
12-02-2011, 04:59 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif You know Lions88 from Henderson officer? Well he knows people, so let me go...http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/drunk.gif

waterboy
12-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Señor, señor Buckeyebob simplemente no es la comida mexicana, y no había forma en que viajaba en el mismo coche con él, borracho o no!

Sounds like a valid excuse for me!:twitch:

garciap77
12-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Señor, señor Buckeyebob simplemente no es la comida mexicana, y no había forma en que viajaba en el mismo coche con él, borracho o no!

Sounds like a valid excuse for me!:twitch:

Non ho idea di quello che stai dicendo!:D

poisoned10
12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Me gustaría poder hablar español para poder entender lo que el infierno todos ustedes que estamos diciendo.

garciap77
12-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Me gustaría poder hablar español para poder entender lo que el infierno todos ustedes que estamos diciendo.

What the Hell! :D

ギルマーバックアイズはこの試合に勝つために行くの!:D

:cheerl::cheerl:バックアイズを行く!:cheerl::cheerl:

poisoned10
12-02-2011, 08:17 PM
What the Hell! :D

ギルマーバックアイズはこの試合に勝つために行くの!:D

:cheerl::cheerl:バックアイズを行く!:cheerl::cheerl:

私はあなたは正しいと思います。バックアイズを行く

regaleagle
12-02-2011, 11:59 PM
"May the team that plays better be the winner." Good win Argyle. The Eagles looked and played like a champion tonite. Not good, but GREAT season for the Gilmer Buckeyes, 13-1. Same thing happened to us last year, so we know how it feels. Nobody had them getting this far, but they earned it. And so did Argyle. Tough region and we are left standing. It feels great. I'm so happy for our boyz and the coaching staff.

Aesculus gilmus
12-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Congratulations to Argyle on a well-played game. I would be shocked if the Eagles don't win state. Austin Aune is a great one and has some great players around him. No excuses. The better team won last night.

LionFan72
12-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Great game and execution of game plan by the Argyle Eagles. Congrats to the Gilmer Buckeyes on a fine season, I thought they would fold their wings and crash when they got behind by 10, but Gilmer fought until the last second of the clock!

Argyle is just on a collison course with a SC trophy this year, Keep it focused!

lostaussie
12-03-2011, 10:17 AM
The BETTER team won last night!! Buckeyes had to play pretty much mistake free football last night and it didn't happen. Still with 5 minutes to go we had a chance. I kept thinking about a 42-41 final..........just wasn't meant to be. This may be the grittiest bunch of kids i have ever watched. They never quit and I hope the youngsters remember that. Thanks for the ride guys...........as always it was a blast:clap::clap: As for Argyle there were things I tried to remember from last years game................they reminded me real quick. You CANNOT get your hands on Austin Aune. That kid is awesome and he has some real football savvy!! Secondly, and this is what i forgot the most from last year. If the Argyle D gets their hands on you, you are going down. Best tackling group of kids I have ever seen. Go get the prize Eagles.............it's yours for the taking:clap::clap:

Tom Foolery
12-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Great game last night. I was impressed with the Gilmer offense. They had guys coming from all directions. Congrats to you guys on a great season. Argyle is the better team. The defense was real good last night. The one thing that needs to be said is that Gilmer was not the faster team. Everyone has been saying that Gilmer had so much more speed. If you saw the game last night you know that was not the case. That Argyle train just keeps rolling on.

poisoned10
12-04-2011, 01:32 AM
First off, I would like to congratulate the Gilmer coaches and players for yet another fantastic year. Unfortunately it didn't end with a win but it seldom does. I wish I could have seen you guys play this year but life took me to another state. But I did follow as much as I could and read every article and watched every highlight video I could find.

I would like to thank every one of you for your hard work, time and dedication you put forth to continue the tradition that is Buckeye P.R.I.D.E. and you definitely did just that. You represented Gilmer and East Texas with your fantastic football skills but more importantly with your class and character. Remember this feeling when your working for next season so you won't have to feel it again.

To Argyle, congrats on another fantastic game and win. You guys made the plays and definitely deserve to move on. No doubt you have a fantastic team and coaches there and wish you the best of luck next week and hopefully the week after. Gilmer has either won state or lost to the eventual state champion 6 of the last 8 years and we would like to make that 7 of the last 9. So go win it!

Go Buckeyes!

regaleagle
12-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Argyle appreciates the kind words Poisoned10. I just wish it were as easy as you say. Everybody keeps saying "GO WIN IT", like it's ours to take. I think there are at least 3 other teams left that may have a say, until next week as this time anyway. I hope we are one of them. When it gets down to just us and the other team, if that happens, then I will feel much better about that statement. Until then, our boyz must concentrate on Monahans. At this point, anybody is capable of winning it all. I'm sure Coach Rodgers has the team on this same ideology. Gilmer was a tough out for us, as was Carthage. This 3a football playoff action is really getting very competitive. I think the teams now are as good as the 4a and 5a talent was a decade ago. JMO.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Great game last night. I was impressed with the Gilmer offense. They had guys coming from all directions. Congrats to you guys on a great season. Argyle is the better team. The defense was real good last night. The one thing that needs to be said is that Gilmer was not the faster team. Everyone has been saying that Gilmer had so much more speed. If you saw the game last night you know that was not the case. That Argyle train just keeps rolling on.

only parrots who say East Texas has speed said that...Gilmer has never won because of speed only, they are a timing based offense

Getbackup
12-04-2011, 12:00 PM
I must say that Gilmer is one of the best teams I've seen for a long time. One team had to lose and unfortuntanly that was gilmer Friday night. I've been watching football for some time now and watching #8 Darrion Pollard was a joy. As good as Argyle was on D they were putting 2 and 3 defenders on him and still he was getting open. Great route running and he should do well at Rice.

Congrats to Gilmer on a great season but no doubt that Argyle was the better team friday night.

lostaussie
12-04-2011, 03:10 PM
I must say that Gilmer is one of the best teams I've seen for a long time. One team had to lose and unfortuntanly that was gilmer Friday night. I've been watching football for some time now and watching #8 Darrion Pollard was a joy. As good as Argyle was on D they were putting 2 and 3 defenders on him and still he was getting open. Great route running and he should do well at Rice.

Congrats to Gilmer on a great season but no doubt that Argyle was the better team friday night.I think I read where Darrion had 19 catches in this game..............remarkable, yet still not enough!!

icu812
12-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Congrats to Gilmer on a fine season. I thought they would play a mistake free game and get it done. Hats off it Argyle you beat a very good team.

And yes Pollard is a stud. Our coaches said before we played Gilmer we need to stop #8 and we may double him. Well if we had 2 guys on him it sure didn't look like it, lol.

waterboy
12-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Just want to congratulate the Argyle Eagles. I knew the Buckeyes would have to play mistake-free football to win. They didn't, and the better team won. The Buckeyes couldn't get the defensive stops when they needed them, while Argyle did just enough. It's not often you see a team get over 500 yards of offense in a high school game, and lose, but it happened in this one. I think that pick 6 in the 3rd quarter was the turning point in the game. Instead of the Buckeyes tying the game up, they went down by 14. Great read by their DB.

Now.....stay FOCUSED Eagles! One game at a time, and WIN that ring!