PDA

View Full Version : 3A D1 GotW SEMI-FINAL (III vs IV): Chapel Hill - Columbia

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Rematch of last year's semifinal game with Chill winning 41-14.

I've heard this game is in Cypress at the Berry center AGAIN but cant confirm.

Reg 4 champs vs reg 3 champs. Both teams 13-0.

Who gets it done?

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 11:15 PM
It seems like Chill had the tougher road to this playoff spot. They will remain the favorite and WC will take on the role of underdog.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 11:18 PM
It seems like Chill had the tougher road to this playoff spot. They will remain the favorite and WC will take on the role of underdog. No doubt, but Chill doesnt seem to be the invincible team i thought them to be. 2 weeks in a row theyve nearly gone down. We'll see if WC can give them all they want.

I hope we can do it. We've never even played for a state championship before. This ties as far as we've ever gone including 2010.

Tejastrue
11-25-2011, 11:22 PM
No doubt, but Chill doesnt seem to be the invincible team i thought them to be. 2 weeks in a row theyve nearly gone down. We'll see if WC can give them all they want.

I hope we can do it. We've never even played for a state championship before. This ties as far as we've ever gone including 2010.

I'm hearing some "Rocky" music in the background...:D...there are more people than you know pulling for you guys...:clap:

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm hearing some "Rocky" music in the background...:D...there are more people than you know pulling for you guys...:clap: haha i was rooting against the Texans today but only because y'all were matched up against our biggest rival/district foe/5 mile apart enemy Sweeny.

If devine beats Wharton, I'll be pulling for the Texans, but once again, if Wharton wins, we've gotta support our district. :D

Anyways, best of luck to you guys and were gonna do our best to knock off these #1 Bulldogs. We'll see if 2011 Columbia has what it takes.

mac77
11-25-2011, 11:28 PM
We've never even played for a state championship before. This ties as far as we've ever gone including 2010.

Wait one minute Grasshopper! Columbia played for the title in 1969 I believe losing to Brownwood. Jack Hays was head coach back then.

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 11:29 PM
No doubt, but Chill doesnt seem to be the invincible team i thought them to be. 2 weeks in a row theyve nearly gone down. We'll see if WC can give them all they want.

Hey that whole battle tested thing can work two ways. You are there and you got a chance. Are you better than last year...are they?

Johnnypaycheck
11-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Wait one minute Grasshopper! Columbia played for the title in 1969 I believe losing to Brownwood. Jack Hays was head coach back then.

Where is this game going to be played. I've heard Nacodoches or the Berry Center.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Wait one minute Grasshopper! Columbia played for the title in 1969 I believe losing to Brownwood. Jack Hays was head coach back then. Ah thats right. For some reason I thought that was a semifinal game. 21 years before i was thought of so I get a pass, right? lol

Roughneck93
11-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Where is this game going to be played. I've heard Nacodoches or the Berry Center.

Chapel Hill coach in an interview 5 minutes ago on FSN said the game will be played at SFA. On Friday night.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Chapel Hill coach in an interview 5 minutes ago on FSN said the game will be played at SFA. On Friday night. wth :ack!::ack!:

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Chapel Hill coach in an interview 5 minutes ago on FSN said the game will be played at SFA. On Friday night.

That seems like a bit of a haul for y'all!!!! Nice venue though (SFA Alum)

Tejastrue
11-25-2011, 11:39 PM
haha i was rooting against the Texans today but only because y'all were matched up against our biggest rival/district foe/5 mile apart enemy Sweeny.

If devine beats Wharton, I'll be pulling for the Texans, but once again, if Wharton wins, we've gotta support our district. :D

Anyways, best of luck to you guys and were gonna do our best to knock off these #1 Bulldogs. We'll see if 2011 Columbia has what it takes.

Doesn't matter SA...I'd be doing the same thing...gotta support the district...IMO..really separates the true fan..best of luck to WC ...:clap:

mac77
11-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Ah thats right. For some reason I thought that was a semifinal game. 21 years before i was thought of so I get a pass, right? lol

Pass is allowed if you promise to check with old fart before you open young mouth and insert foot! LOL!

Roughneck93
11-25-2011, 11:41 PM

Yeah, if it is indeed there, I'll be ok with it. Nice place.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Holy moly college station to nacadoches. Gonna be a haul for sure.

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Holy moly college station to nacadoches. Gonna be a haul for sure.

"NACOGDOCHES...yes...yes...yes...N...A...C...O...G. ..D...O...C...H...E...S..." A popular song on radio when I attended school there!

cowboyandchrist
11-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Chapell Hill seems to do what ever it takes to win. The rattlers played a great ball game, but like I have said all along, no one beats the speed from the East. Chapell Hill will win another one, it may be by 50 or 1, but they still find a way to get it done. What I have noticed this year is that teams from all over the state are playing better than last year. Next week should not be any different. Lets go Dogs, keep the trophy in East Texas. God Bless both teams and no injuries.

Phil C
11-26-2011, 12:03 AM
I think CH wins it but I look for it to be a much more competitive game than last year.

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 12:09 AM
"NACOGDOCHES...yes...yes...yes...N...A...C...O...G. ..D...O...C...H...E...S..." A popular song on radio when I attended school there! silent Gs don't count. :D

Just realized I traded an O for an A too. Lol oh well.... A&m to SFA will be a haul for sure! ;)

Manso/V8
11-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Chapel Hill will be too much for WC.

yellaseeker
11-26-2011, 12:43 AM
I'd like to know one thing from anyone that's seen navasota or chill play this season. Is their offense just that potent that they can score at will or does both teams defensive unit have a few holes in it that has allowed the points in this game and previous games they have played against other teams?

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2011, 12:48 AM
I'd like to know one thing from anyone that's seen navasota or chill play this season. Is their offense just that potent that they can score at will or does both teams defensive unit have a few holes in it that has allowed the points in this game and previous games they have played against other teams?

We scored three touchdown on 2 pick 6's and a fumble return. Both teams have very good offenses. Defensively, CHILL has trouble with the pass. I can't begin to count the number of 3 and long and 4th a long where CHILL was able to get the first down or td. Call it what you will, but, Navasota defense wasn't too bad. Our two early turnovers was what hurt us tonight.

Necked
11-26-2011, 12:48 AM
From the Columbia FB page:

Roughnecks will play Chapel Hil in the semi-finals. Stay tuned for the official word on game date, time, and location.

One of the replies:
CRAP!! We still believe NECKS!!

Couldn't help but LOL when I saw that one!

scrub c
11-26-2011, 01:12 AM

long ride... decent venue, it will be a couple steps down from the Berry Center. That place is AMAZING!!!

navscanmaster
11-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Chapell Hill seems to do what ever it takes to win. The rattlers played a great ball game, but like I have said all along, no one beats the speed from the East. Chapell Hill will win another one, it may be by 50 or 1, but they still find a way to get it done. What I have noticed this year is that teams from all over the state are playing better than last year. Next week should not be any different. Lets go Dogs, keep the trophy in East Texas. God Bless both teams and no injuries.

Dude, with most teams that would be true, but your east Texas speed schtick is really not applicable here. Navasota outran Chapel Hill for long touchdowns several times tonight. Chapel Hill's scoring came from broken tackles and blowing our front 4 off the line time after time. When they ran east-west, our kids kept them in check except for the few times Chapel Hill got a key block on the edge to open up the second level. The last TD came because our linebacker and safety tried to strip the ball instead of make the tackle. One thing you can never claim over Navasota is speed, because the Rattlers have always been the fastest team in the region, whether they were playing good football or not.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Dude, with most teams that would be true, but your east Texas speed schtick is really not applicable here. Navasota outran Chapel Hill for long touchdowns several times tonight. Chapel Hill's scoring came from broken tackles and blowing our front 4 off the line time after time. When they ran east-west, our kids kept them in check except for the few times Chapel Hill got a key block on the edge to open up the second level. The last TD came because our linebacker and safety tried to strip the ball instead of make the tackle. One thing you can never claim over Navasota is speed, because the Rattlers have always been the fastest team in the region, whether they were playing good football or not.

I agree. I don't think that it was CHILL's speed that beat us. IMO, Navasota's speed gave CHILL fits.

Manso/V8
11-26-2011, 02:50 AM
I agree. I don't think that it was CHILL's speed that beat us. IMO, Navasota's speed gave CHILL fits.

I hope this finally stops the annoying "East Texas" speed slogans.

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 06:43 AM

Sorry Saggy...maybe next year.

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 06:48 AM

Darn, I wanted to see this one. Oh well, may East Texas Speed continue to cut a wide swath thru the upstarts.

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 06:51 AM

Sorry to bust your bubble, but the Dogs are history already...oh wait, my bad...that was the other Dogs...SORRY!

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 06:53 AM

Just not fast enough...remember...

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 06:56 AM

Haters...never try to stop the TRUTH!

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm finally seeign what mgar was talking about. bob is just dumb.

Dog96
11-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Chapel Hill will win this game period. Too much talent @ every position and too much depth for a team that hasn't played anyone.
If The Bulldogs don't have any turnovers this Friday, It will be a long night for The Roughnecks!

Safe travel and buckle your chin straps!!!!

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Well, that may be true, but 2 weeks in a row now chill has almost stumbled, so they might say we have no chance on paper, but we'll see on friday.

Necks would definitely need to play a great game to knock off the big dogs on the block, but i think they can do it. Of course, I'm a homer.

I know we have our work cut out for us, but it should be a good one.

Dogs_21
11-26-2011, 11:50 AM

Actually West Orange Stark and Track proves it. Just saying...But Navasota is fast :2thumbsup

Dog96
11-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Ofcourse, Don't know a lot about the Necks other than last year and what i've seen on Maxpreps but it seems like their Defense is what keeps them in games. Nobody has scored over 21pts. Then again, I dont think they've been tested thus far. Tell me a little more about the Necks.

Elmo
11-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Yadda Yadda Yadda.....Columbia has the talent and speed to match anyone they play against. Keep the disrespect coming we like it that way!!!!!!

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 12:01 PM
There's a good thread titled west Columbia on the 2nd or 3rd page of the forum. Might be worth your time.

The most the necks have given up is 21(thought they gave up more to Kashmere?), but a lot of those points are garbage time scores.

Defense is stout and the offense is adequate.

Chill will by far have the best offense Columbia has faced though. Columbia can't get into a shootout. That's not our game. Keep it slow tempo, make chill work for their yards and run the ball. Make plays on special teams, don't make stupid mistakes and limit big plays from chill and the necks walk away victorious. Obviously that is much easier saod than done. I have faith in our coaches and players though.

Chillfan
11-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Nav played a great ballgame. Much improved from last year. CH put up a lot more yardage than NV and if weren't for the turnovers and a stupid onside kick call the game wouldn't have been quite as close. Not taking nothing away from nav cause I was on the edge of my seat a lot. As Hemo stated earlier, our weakness is pass coverage. When we play good pass offenses sometimes it comes down to scoring more points. Our QB is still rusty and I'm not sure if its beacuse he missed so many games earlier in the year or what.

CH had to travel last year to the berry center and I'm tickled to have to only drive 60 miles this year. Should be a great game. Is WC's offense balanced?

easttxsportsfan
11-26-2011, 12:08 PM
We flipped home for home and you guys won last year, now it's your turn to travel. We had to drive far last year, your turn this year. Dawgs Win in another close one.

Dogs_21
11-26-2011, 12:10 PM
WC is pretty balanced but defense is really their thing. They have a great ATH/QB though! WC will have to play it's best game ever to pull this one off, but I'm rooting for D29!

NHSBulldog75
11-26-2011, 02:23 PM
I'll vote for the underdogs....Columbia by 5

Manso/V8
11-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Haters...never try to stop the TRUTH!

High speed chicken feed.

ChillPill
11-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Let's just say "A bird came and whispered this news into my ear." :)

Chapel Hill is going with a defensive front that will stop the WC run for sure. 6 down linemen:) I sure hope WC can throw the ball, because I definately don't want CH to end up winning this one.

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 05:18 PM
I surely hope WC never breaks that first line of defense cuz I surely don't want the necks to win.

They get through that 6 man front, make 1 linebacker miss and say goodnight.

I think after 2 series chill will be back in a 4 man front. :) hopefully not though, because I don't want WC to win ;)

ChillPill
11-26-2011, 05:18 PM
We scored three touchdown on 2 pick 6's and a fumble return. Both teams have very good offenses. Defensively, CHILL has trouble with the pass. I can't begin to count the number of 3 and long and 4th a long where CHILL was able to get the first down or td. Call it what you will, but, Navasota defense wasn't too bad. Our two early turnovers was what hurt us tonight

Seems that CH had more points given up from turnovers than Navasota. 21 from CH, 13 from Navasota, so if you take them away from one, you should take them away from both teams. That would make the score 43-25 CH. CH also tried to onside kick the ball and it got returned to the 32, and a Navasota score followed.

ChillPill
11-26-2011, 05:22 PM
I heard it will be a 6-2-3, and if they are using their weak side LB to make the 2nd defensive end, if they go to a 3 wide he will split out making it a 5 man front. My step nephew plays for CH. I am from Lake Jackson, so I want to be able to talk trash to my family come Christmas. :)

ChillPill
11-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Chapel Hill has the better offense, but defense wins championships, and WC has the better defense.

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 05:27 PM
If they're gonna go with a 6-2-3 I feel like WC will try to pass plenty. I hope WC doesn't try to run into their defensive strength all night. We'll see

easttxsportsfan
11-26-2011, 06:40 PM
You are so full of it, CH has not even set up it's game plan for this one yet. They are working on it right now and will have it ready for Monday.

defense51
11-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Not likely to happen! It doesn't matter how they win, it's always speed. Blah, blah, blah

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Seems that CH had more points given up from turnovers than Navasota. 21 from CH, 13 from Navasota, so if you take them away from one, you should take them away from both teams. That would make the score 43-25 CH. CH also tried to onside kick the ball and it got returned to the 32, and a Navasota score followed.

Navasota had something to do with those turnovers so stop selling the Rattlers short, please. Give credit where credit is due. You guys won, congrats. But, everyone in attendance knows that this game could have gone either way. I bet ya the CHILL following didn't know what had hit them especially after the Rattlers went up 46-41.

Anyway, I am not going to hijack this thread. How many rushing yards did La Vega have against CHILL? Just play your game and everything else will fall in place. Apply pressure to the QB for CHILL, he made three big mistakes that almost cost the Bulldogs, not to mention the fumble that he had going into the endzone that a Bulldog fell on for the go ahead td.

defense51
11-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Seems that CH had more points given up from turnovers than Navasota. 21 from CH, 13 from Navasota, so if you take them away from one, you should take them away from both teams. That would make the score 43-25 CH. CH also tried to onside kick the ball and it got returned to the 32, and a Navasota score followed.Turnovers are part of football! You can't take them away after they happen, so your post is senseless! Sounds like the Rattlers gave CH all they could handle. The onside kick sounds like a mistake on the coaches behalf, also part of the game. Navasota hung 46 on CH, sounds like there are some holes in the bulldogs game.

Manso/V8
11-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Not likely to happen! It doesn't matter how they win, it's always speed. Blah, blah, blah

In East Texas they don't time the 40 with a stop watch, they measure speed by the pitch of the whistling sound as the air passes through the runner's missing teeth.

defense51
11-26-2011, 08:22 PM
In East Texas they don't time the 40 with a stop watch, they measure speed by the pitch of the whistling sound as the air passes through the runner's missing teeth.
I don't care who you are, that's funny!!!

chgrad01
11-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Chapel Hill by 21

Yoe_09
11-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Navasota had something to do with those turnovers so stop selling the Rattlers short, please. Give credit where credit is due. You guys won, congrats. But, everyone in attendance knows that this game could have gone either way. I bet ya the CHILL following didn't know what had hit them especially after the Rattlers went up 46-41.

Anyway, I am not going to hijack this thread. How many rushing yards did La Vega have against CHILL? Just play your game and everything else will fall in place. Apply pressure to the QB for CHILL, he made three big mistakes that almost cost the Bulldogs, not to mention the fumble that he had going into the endzone that a Bulldog fell on for the go ahead td.

You are right HEMO, that game could have went either way late down the stretch.

zebrablue2
11-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Chapel Hill will win this game period. Too much talent @ every position and too much depth for a team that hasn't played anyone.
If The Bulldogs don't have any turnovers this Friday, It will be a long night for The Roughnecks!

Safe travel and buckle your chin straps!!!!

If is the BIG word here?? And thats why they play the game!!!

zebrablue2
11-27-2011, 12:26 AM
in east texas they don't time the 40 with a stop watch, they measure speed by the pitch of the whistling sound as the air passes through the runner's missing teeth.

roflmao

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 01:00 AM

I have all of mine thank you very much! ;)

Dog96
11-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Imo, The only team that will come close to CHS is a HEAVY passing attack. Running the ball wont do you any good! Ask The Rattlers how many rushing yards they had against CHS D.

Necks maybe better this year but their Strength of schedule wont have the them on CHS level.

49-21 Bulldogs roll to state.

HEMOTOXIC
11-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Imo, The only team that will come close to CHS is a HEAVY passing attack. Running the ball wont do you any good! Ask The Rattlers how many rushing yards they had against CHS D.

Necks maybe better this year but their Strength of schedule wont have the them on CHS level.

We had -15 yards rushing on 19 attempts.
287 yards passing. But La Vega had more, so, it is possible.

Necks 1981
11-27-2011, 11:20 AM

I'm calling BS. I would rather talk to La Vega.

La Vega put up 297 yds rushing on 56 carries. That is 5.3 per carry. They only attempted 13 passes.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 11:22 AM

once the ball is kicked who you playe earlier means nothing...WC played CH, they know what to expect..I think that helped Navasota, once you see a team with a core group that is back you have a better idea of how to attack them.

Chillfan
11-27-2011, 11:56 AM
The straight up battles the last two weeks will benefit CH. Last year going into state we were blowing out everybody and I think CH wasn't prepared for Henderson to punch us in the mouth. We have been punched hard the last two weeks and CH handled it well.

yellaseeker
11-27-2011, 12:56 PM
once the ball is kicked who you playe earlier means nothing...WC played CH, they know what to expect..I think that helped Navasota, once you see a team with a core group that is back you have a better idea of how to attack them.

I believe Columbia will be better prepared this year. I don't expect it to be as lopsided as last year. I believe in these boys and i'm sure the coaches are well versed on chills strengths and weaknesses. The winner IMO will be the team who gets on track first offensively, doesn't turn the ball over and can limit drive killing penalty's. We definately didn't have a good enough passing game last year so that allowed them to come right at us at will. Hopefully, we can mix it up enough to keep them honest. Our defense has had good success thus far with giving the offense opportunities to put up numbers and putting some numbers up themselves and, we'll need a good performance from them in this one as well. I'd love to see the special teams unit have a lot of influence in this game. We've done very well in that department this year. One things for sure, the Roughnecks will be ready. Find a way to get it done Roughnecks!!!!!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 01:01 PM
All the talk of CH pass D or run D..the two games have been close because of the turnovers( created and unforced)..CH has to tighten that up period..If they do they can beat any team left by 14..but we all know when the TO virus hits a team it can run its course for a few weeks

Roughneck93
11-27-2011, 01:26 PM
All the talk of CH pass D or run D..the two games have been close because of the turnovers( created and unforced)..CH has to tighten that up period..If they do they can beat any team left by 14..but we all know when the TO virus hits a team it can run its course for a few weeksTurnovers have plagued Chill the past two weeks. Necks defensivley have been creating a lot of turnovers this year. We need to make sure that trend continues. Whether it's forced or unforced errors, we will need to capitalize on them as well.

HEMOTOXIC
11-27-2011, 01:55 PM
All the talk of CH pass D or run D..the two games have been close because of the turnovers( created and unforced)..CH has to tighten that up period..If they do they can beat any team left by 14..but we all know when the TO virus hits a team it can run its course for a few weeks

In the game versus Navasota, both teams had turnovers. Its a part of the game. What do think Navasota is saying about our two early turnovers? Minus our turnvovers, we win. Navasota really hadn't turned the ball over all that much this year either. With that said, La Vega and Navasota had alot to do with those turnovers.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 02:59 PM
In the game versus Navasota, both teams had turnovers. Its a part of the game. What do think Navasota is saying about our two early turnovers? Minus our turnvovers, we win. Navasota really hadn't turned the ball over all that much this year either. With that said, La Vega and Navasota had alot to do with those turnovers.

Hence why I said created OR unforced..Navasota scored 3 defensive TDs..that is the type of thing a team has to eliminate as they advance..in two games CH gave up 20 points on drives that were started inside their own 20 agianst La Vega( two turnovers and a bad punt after a bad snap on 3rd down)...and 20 points agianst the Rattlers on the direct defensive TDs

I still believe if CH can play TO free ball they are the best team in the division, but the last two weeks they have not done that and been lucky to survive

HEMOTOXIC
11-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Hence why I said created OR unforced..Navasota scored 3 defensive TDs..that is the type of thing a team has to eliminate as they advance..in two games CH gave up 20 points on drives that were started inside their own 20 agianst La Vega( two turnovers and a bad punt after a bad snap on 3rd down)...and 20 points agianst the Rattlers on the direct defensive TDs

I still believe if CH can play TO free ball they are the best team in the division, but the last two weeks they have not done that and been lucky to survive

Reading through the lines...

Sir, IMO, the way they you have stated it " the two games have been close because of the turnovers( created and unforced)", its like you are saying that the only reason that La Vega or Navasota was able to hang close to CHILL was because of the turnovers. I was there, and, I know differently. CHILL scored two td's to go up 13-0. So, why not, Navasota would have won if it weren't for their two turnovers? CHILL is a good team and may very well be the best team in the state or division, but, you are really selling Navasota and La Vega short. We all know that if a team doesn't turn the ball over, it improves their chances to win.

If's, could haves, would haves..... Remember, 13 of those CHILL points came off turnovers inside of the Rattler 20. And, both teams had touble stopping each other's offenses.

hookandladder
11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
We played WC earlier in the year, just not as impressed with WC as I was with Navasota. With that being said, I see a close first half however CH will open it up in the second half. The level of competition takes a huge step up this week for WC, CH by 3 or 4 Tds.

Necks 1981
11-27-2011, 06:12 PM
We played WC earlier in the year, just not as impressed with WC as I was with Navasota. With that being said, I see a close first half however CH will open it up in the second half. The level of competition takes a huge step up this week for WC, CH by 3 or 4 Tds.

Navasota 27 La Grange 26
Columbia 29 La grange 0
I can see where you would make that observation. NOT

HEMOTOXIC
11-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Navasota 27 La Grange 26
Columbia 29 La grange 0
I can see where you would make that observation. NOT

Please don't go comparing those scores. WC isn't playing Navasota or La Grange. If that's the case Navasota 54 Wharton 0 and WC 36 Wharton 13. We can sit and argue that La Grange improved by the time district rolled around or WC had many injured players out or Wharton improved that much by district, etc.

Focus on CHILL. This will no doubt be WC's best opponent of the year. It will be tough, but, IF WC's defense is as good as some claim, the Roughnecks should pull out the victory.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Hemo..all i am saying is once again..for CH to continue advancing they cant have 3-4 turnovers a game like the last two..not saying anything else but that

HEMOTOXIC
11-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Hemo..all i am saying is once again..for CH to continue advancing they cant have 3-4 turnovers a game like the last two..not saying anything else but that

Maybe you intended for it to come out that way, but what you typed is posted. But, if that's what you are saying, I understand that.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Maybe you intended for it to come out that way, but what you typed is posted. But, if that's what you are saying, I understand that.'

If your asking me do I think CH beats Navasota straight up both sides having no TOs..yes I am..said it on the show and will say it here..but I was not saying the Navasota game was close only because of turnovers..I DO feel the La Vega game was more about the turnovers( created or unforced) because La Vega did not score a point on a drive started outside the CH 20

HEMOTOXIC
11-27-2011, 06:34 PM
'

If your asking me do I think CH beats Navasota straight up both sides having no TOs..yes I am..said it on the show and will say it here..but I was not saying the Navasota game was close only because of turnovers..I DO feel the La Vega game was more about the turnovers( created or unforced) because La Vega did not score a point on a drive started outside the CH 20

I am not asking you for anything. If I were, I do know how to do that. I am just amazed at all the assessments of the game from those who were not in attendance. They game has been played, CHILL won. What you and I think doesn't even matter. Besides, the game is played on the field.

Dub-C
11-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Please don't go comparing those scores. WC isn't playing Navasota or La Grange. If that's the case Navasota 54 Wharton 0 and WC 36 Wharton 13. We can sit and argue that La Grange improved by the time district rolled around or WC had many injured players out or Wharton improved that much by district, etc.

Focus on CHILL. This will no doubt be WC's best opponent of the year. It will be tough, but, IF WC's defense is as good as some claim, the Roughnecks should pull out the victory.

I honestly believe that WC's coach played very smart this year. I believe that he took control of the games and went into protect mode and gave alot of playing time to his younger kids. That's why you see scores in games that really won't be there if it wasn't for that. Even in the playoff's WC pulled it's starters out of the game Late in the 3rd and put in the entire JV @ that point it was 57-0. Then he let them play out the game allowing them to be scored on to the tune of 21 points. I believe he has been protecting his starters all year due to the lack of depth at oline. BTW THIS JUST MY OPINION AND COULD BE OFF BASE, JUST GOING OFF WHAT I OBSERVED THIS YEAR.

hookandladder
11-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Region 3 top teams are just better teams, every year there is one or two Region 4 teams that do well in the playoffs however after the regional final the better teams prevail. WC has a good team but I just do not feel they will be able to play with CH talent, WC is pretty much a running team and CH will stop a running team.

yellaseeker
11-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Region 3 top teams are just better teams, every year there is one or two Region 4 teams that do well in the playoffs however after the regional final the better teams prevail. WC has a good team but I just do not feel they will be able to play with CH talent, WC is pretty much a running team and CH will stop a running team.

Your right, and La Grange got to see first hand just how good a running game we have. Victory's are alot sweeter when you're the underdog. Hell, we've been the underdog atleast three times this year i believe, so we're use to it. Gives us something to prove IMO. I'll take a win by way of upset over a gimme, anyday.

Chillfan
11-27-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm calling BS. I would rather talk to La Vega.

La Vega put up 297 yds rushing on 56 carries. That is 5.3 per carry. They only attempted 13 passes.

LV had the best oline we have played to date. If WC's oline is as good as LV's, then yes, yall will move the ball well.

Dub-C
11-27-2011, 10:12 PM
LV had the best oline we have played to date. If WC's oline is as good as LV's, then yes, yall will move the ball well.

Chill's Dline last year is what made their defense so good IMO, it freed up the LBer's and they wreaked havoc on WC last year. Does Chill have the same Dline? I know Sir Calvin is still there.

yellaseeker
11-27-2011, 10:16 PM

To be honest, I don't know that we have the line that LV has but our OC seems to know how to draw up good plays around what we do have and usually figures out a way to move the ball against other teams defense pretty quick. Sometimes we all forget that there is also a battle goin on in those press boxes too. Sure glad i'm not involved in that chess game, my anxiety is bad enough just watching much less calling the plays. lol

'Necks 2013-14
11-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Upsets do happen. See Katy, Trinity, and Longview(east texas speed and all). All held to 7 or less by their underdog opponent. Not saying we hold Chill to just one score but maybe not many more than that.:stirpot:

yellaseeker
11-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Chill's Dline last year is what made their defense so good IMO, it freed up the LBer's and they wreaked havoc on WC last year. Does Chill have the same Dline? I know Sir Calvin is still there.

I remember it being said either last year or earlier this year that they would return 8 out of 11 starters on defense, not sure how many of those were on the line. Never did hear how many on the offense returned.

yellaseeker
11-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Upsets do happen. See Katy, Trinity, and Longview(east texas speed and all). All held to 7 or less by their underdog opponent. Not saying we hold Chill to just one score but maybe not many more than that.:stirpot:

I look for it to be a war. I just hope both teams stay healthy and no one gets sidelined. Don't think there's a chance that chill will fail to show up so to speak so, I'll settle for a nail biter with a "W" in the end. Hit-em Hard Necks!

Chillfan
11-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Same D line as last year.

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2011, 09:06 AM
LV had the best oline we have played to date. If WC's oline is as good as LV's, then yes, yall will move the ball well. It's not.

I've seen LV and WC plenty and LV has 3 inches and 40 lbs on WC across both lines.

That said, our coaches have moved the ball at will running against every team this season and nearly every team has had a bigger line.

I think Wc will move the ball plenty. FINISHING drives, getting points, and not giving up huge TDs to chill is the key.

Points on offense.
Tough defense, just like every game this year.
Make plays on special teams.
force turnovers.

We gotta do all 4 to win.

All year we have done all 4 of those and thats why we're 13-0.

Sometimes we do 2 or 3 well and its good enough to win. The competition greatly improves this week. Gonna need to do all 4 well but our guys are up for the challenge and know what to expect with chill.

NHSBulldog75
11-28-2011, 09:28 AM
They game has been played, CHILL won. What you and I think doesn't even matter. Besides, the game is played on the field.

...or in Navasota's case, WAS played on the field. It's time to focus on December 3 when the Necks upset the Chappel Hillbillies!!

sshoom
11-28-2011, 09:29 AM

Go Neck, represent 29-AAA!

ChillPill
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Turnovers are part of football! You can't take them away after they happen, so your post is senseless! Sounds like the Rattlers gave CH all they could handle. The onside kick sounds like a mistake on the coaches behalf, also part of the game. Navasota hung 46 on CH, sounds like there are some holes in the bulldogs game.

Oh, I don't disagree that turnovers are a part of the game. I was only stating that, because another poster said that Navasota spotted CH points. I didn't see the game, so I'm in no place to say who was the better team or worse team. I just read the paper, and think CH played sloppy and Navasota took advantage of it, which is what good teams do. Whether you are a Navasota or a Chapel Hill fan you have to agree to this. If a team can give up 20 points to the opposing defense and still win by 10 points, they are pretty explosive. The key to beating CH is to take advantage of their weak special teams, and make them throw the ball, which is easier said than done.

ChillPill
11-28-2011, 09:49 AM

I'm definately not selling them shot. The poster I quoted stated that the two early TD's by CH off of Navasota mistakes is what hurt them. I only said what I did to give a picture of the entire turnover picture. CH played sloppy, and Navasota took advantage of it. Navasota is definitely much improved from last year, by looking at the score alone. I think they will be a force next year. From what it seems, by reading the box score. Navasota played their best ball game, and Chapel Hill played average at best. CH still won, which is a testemant to just how explosive they are. I hope WC can shut them down, but this Navasota game is a good example of how they are hard to keep out of the endzone.

ChillPill
11-28-2011, 09:58 AM

I agree with you that TO's are part of the game, but I disagree on the subtracting TO's Navasota winning. CH gave up more in TO's that Navasota, so like I said earlier, if you take them away from one team, you have to take them away from both. In the end it doesn't really matter, because the TO's did happen, and CH overcame them better than Navastoa. Now WC needs to look at how Navasota was able to influence these TO's and create/cause some of their own.

hookandladder
11-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Your right, and La Grange got to see first hand just how good a running game we have. Victory's are alot sweeter when you're the underdog. Hell, we've been the underdog atleast three times this year i believe, so we're use to it. Gives us something to prove IMO. I'll take a win by way of upset over a gimme, anyday.

Yes very impressive, 207 yards rushing and 19 passing. Total - 226 . I do not think our D is quite as good as CH, I could be wrong.

pancho villa
11-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Yes very impressive, 207 yards rushing and 19 passing. Total - 226 . I do not think our D is quite as good as CH, I could be wrong.

Part of the reason for not as much off in the Col, LG game was because we scored on d and special teams keeping our O off the field.

hookandladder
11-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Part of the reason for not as much off in the Col, LG game was because we scored on d and special teams keeping our O off the field.

Definitely some truth in that , we lost 4 fumbles however for the most part our D did a good job stopping your running game. Also even with 4 lost fumbles pretty sure we had more totally yardage , other then a couple big plays our D stopped your O pretty well. Just saying the going will be much tougher against CH, their overall speed will be to much for WC.

buff4ever
11-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Chapel hill in a close one.

Dog96
11-28-2011, 06:01 PM

Plus 1

Dog96
11-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Same D line as last year.

No Way! Laramee Lee is not on this Defense. They will remember #2!!! Starting R.B. and L.B.!!!! I miss that kid.

easttxsportsfan
11-28-2011, 09:23 PM
The dline is not the same, jaren is not there this year. The question was about the d line not the defense. The other 3 are the same players as last year.

easttxsportsfan
11-28-2011, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=Dog96;1643977]No Way! Laramee Lee is not on this Defense. They will remember #2!!! Starting R.B. and L.B.!!!! I miss that kid.[/QUOT

We do miss lee

yellaseeker
11-28-2011, 10:09 PM

Yeah, i'm aware of the stat's of that game. We also lost a lot on offense from last year including the QB, also a darn good middle line backer. That was a predistrict game with a lot of new talent and we still owned yall. Hell, we almost didn't need an offense, we scored all but 7 of those points on special teams and defense if my memory serves me right. 29-0 Columbia may not have impressed you but it impressed the hell out of me. Lol Come on man, really....................... :crazy:

yellaseeker
11-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Guess i should have read a little further down and i would have noticed Pancho Villa had already stated most of what i said. Oh well, probably need to hear it twice so it will soak in better.

hookandladder
11-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Yeah, i'm aware of the stat's of that game. We also lost a lot on offense from last year including the QB, also a darn good middle line backer. That was a predistrict game with a lot of new talent and we still owned yall. Hell, we almost didn't need an offense, we scored all but 7 of those points on special teams and defense if my memory serves me right. 29-0 Columbia may not have impressed you but it impressed the hell out of me. Lol Come on man, really....................... :crazy:

Just stating a fact that our D held your running game intact and our D is no where near as strong as CH, still feel close game in first half and CH by 3 or 4 Tds at the end. It's Ok , it is just a prediction on my part and I have been wrong before. Good Luck to both teams, hope all stay injury free. LG is working on baseball already, hope to see you guys on the diamond before to long.

pancho villa
11-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Just stating a fact that our D held your running game intact and our D is no where near as strong as CH, still feel close game in first half and CH by 3 or 4 Tds at the end. It's Ok , it is just a prediction on my part and I have been wrong before. Good Luck to both teams, hope all stay injury free. LG is working on baseball already, hope to see you guys on the diamond before to long.

I guarantee you won’t see me on or anywhere near the diamond.

hookandladder
11-29-2011, 08:24 AM

Yea but the real athlete's from WC will be on that diamond, takes a real athlete to be able to excell at both sports. You got some in WC just like us, just hard for you to admit. Get ready to water some dirt.

NHSBulldog75
11-29-2011, 08:41 AM

...but Chappel Hill basketball will be at full strength starting on Saturday!!

Go Roughnecks!!

pancho villa
11-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Yea but the real athlete's from WC will be on that diamond, takes a real athlete to be able to excell at both sports. You got some in WC just like us, just hard for you to admit. Get ready to water some dirt.

Real athletes don't go near standaround. It was made for all the kids that can't.

mike_angler
11-29-2011, 09:36 AM
The posts showing a blowout are way off base. I believe these are the same people that posted that CH was going to blow out La Vega and Navasota too. Should be another great game. I believe it will come down to the team that makes the fewest mental errors. I'll take Columbia by 4.

Manso/V8
11-29-2011, 09:43 AM

You can excell at football with raw athletic ability, you need some combination of speed, quickness, strength, size, and stamina depending on the position. Some positions require good ball IQ, like QB, WR, LB, S, CB.

Basketball requires more practiced ball skill. To excell you need high ball IQ, good 3 dimensional movement, quick feet, good hand-eye coordination, and very good body control. Good basketball players make the transition to the football field without much experience......look at Gonzales, Gates, and Graham in the NFL.

Baseball is more a of skill game. Less athletic kids with decent hand-eye coordination can do well with lots of reps. I have seen some kids with less than average athletic ability excell at pitching......but they have to have the stamina to standaround for long periods of time. Good athletes that get a lot of baseball reps can really excell. QB's because of the ball handling skills and throwing skills often are good baseball players. A fast kid ends up in 8th place in a track meet, but is probably the leading base runner on a baseball team.

I am guessing from your comment that your son is a QB and a good baseball player.

baseballcoach13
11-29-2011, 09:53 AM
The time to post the pic of Pancho in his tight white baseball pants is drawing near.

Johnnypaycheck
11-29-2011, 09:58 AM
The time to post the pic of Pancho in his tight white baseball pants is drawing near.

You don't have a hair on your ....if you don't...

pancho villa
11-29-2011, 10:09 AM

I can't believe we are talking about standaround on this thread. You sponsers and all star dads need to get a grip.

baseballcoach13
11-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Speaking of grip....them pants had a one hell of a hold of your....eh...uh...ya know.

pirate4state
11-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Real athletes don't go near standaround. It was made for all the kids that can't. lol :wave:

GOOD LUCK 'NECKS!

OldBison75
11-29-2011, 10:29 AM
I take Chapel Hill by 14. Offensively, CH has a great running game and runs north-south very effectively. When the defense starts to cheat up to stop the run, they can go to the pass effectively. The offensive line is not the best I have seen this year, but they are darned good. They use their hands well to use the defenders momentum to carry them out of plays. The backs are fast and will run through anything but a good strong hit.

If you beat CH, you have to pass the ball well and be able to establish enough of a running threat to keep them from teeing off on the QB. As well as Navasota played in the game against them, I don't think we had over three running plays in the second half. CH ignored the run in the fourth quarter and gave the passing game fits with the rush. Luckily, Navasota had enough speed to turn some short completions into big plays.

I have not seen WC this year, but I will tell them that they better be ready for anything upfront. CH can power block, trap inside and out, and will use your bull rush to their advantage by just pushing you deeper and wider out of the play.
Play your positions and tackle with the body and not the arms and you can slow down the running game. The one weakness I saw on the CH team was pass defense. The intermediate area, usually covered by the LB was open all night.

pancho villa
11-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Speaking of grip....them pants had a one hell of a hold of your....eh...uh...ya know.

I heard from a very good source you are on a mission in January to get the tighest pants and a fine rake in Waco.

baseballcoach13
11-29-2011, 10:41 AM
I heard from a very good source you are on a mission in January to get the tighest pants and a fine rake in Waco.

He was close. I got a good rake. I need a tamp and a good Water hose nozzle.

pancho villa
11-29-2011, 11:02 AM
He was close. I got a good rake. I need a tamp and a good Water hose nozzle.

yeah I did hear your water hose was short and did not work very well.

baseballcoach13
11-29-2011, 11:08 AM
yeah I did hear your water hose was short and did not work very well.

Well, it ain't long but it sure is thin.

pancho villa
11-29-2011, 11:18 AM
I am looking foward to January when we can all make fun of you staround sponsers while you are in Waco.

Chillfan
11-29-2011, 11:25 AM
All Dogs are healthly and ready.

Manso/V8
11-29-2011, 11:26 AM
I can't believe we are talking about standaround on this thread. You sponsers and all star dads need to get a grip.

HS standaround is like an extension of little league baseball with over involved parents sucking up and politicing for their kid.

pancho villa
11-29-2011, 11:32 AM
HS standaround is like an extension of little league baseball with over involved parents sucking up and politicing for their kid.

I knew I liked this guy.

WC/LG92
11-29-2011, 12:40 PM
The posts showing a blowout are way off base. I believe these are the same people that posted that CH was going to blow out La Vega and Navasota too. Should be another great game. I believe it will come down to the team that makes the fewest mental errors. I'll take Columbia by 4.

<----Nods head in *agreement* with Mr. Mike_Angler...

baseballcoach13
11-29-2011, 12:46 PM
I am looking foward to January when we can all make fun of you staround sponsers while you are in Waco.

You act like that's the only time you do that!

Dub-C
11-29-2011, 12:58 PM

Everyone knows how good CHill is But at least WC has the opportunity to even be on the field with CHILL. WC didn't win 13 games in a row for nothing, it's like the same reason LG won 3 games this season. No matter the outcome of this game the boys in WC got a chance to be IN the State-Semis twice with their last lost to CHILL. I guess 29-0 means that LG was just a TD away from giving WC a game. lol, smh.

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Massey rankings have Chapel hill ranked #1 and Columbia ranked #17 in class 3A.

Massey game prediction:

Tyler Chapel Hill 41
Columbia 28

Not a very big spread for #1 vs #17 imo

coach
11-29-2011, 03:02 PM

what year did you graduate? and is your name in honor of THE sports shack?

hookandladder
11-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Everyone knows how good CHill is But at least WC has the opportunity to even be on the field with CHILL. WC didn't win 13 games in a row for nothing, it's like the same reason LG won 3 games this season. No matter the outcome of this game the boys in WC got a chance to be IN the State-Semis twice with their last lost to CHILL. I guess 29-0 means that LG was just a TD away from giving WC a game. lol, smh.

We went 3-2 in District and also won 1 game in pre district, so we had 4 wins. I am not knocking WC we would love to be playing right now, just stating that I do not think your as good as CH and CH will win. Do I think region 4 is weaker then region 3 , yes. Now baseball is a whole different story, both region are equally strong.

Roughneck93
11-29-2011, 03:55 PM
All Dogs are healthly and ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBaYVo89mmY&amp;NR=1

Chillfan
11-29-2011, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBaYVo89mmY&NR=1
Becareful what you wish for!!!!

Manso/V8
11-29-2011, 06:49 PM
I knew I liked this guy.

The dads usually standaround the fence near the dugout reliving their hs standaround glory days talking about how much better they were than they really were and hoping for a chance to wave to the coach......and if they are really lucky, get a chance to talk standaround strategy with the coach.

Sportshack
11-29-2011, 06:55 PM
what year did you graduate? and is your name in honor of THE sports shack?

I graduated in 1982 and no not in honor of the Sports shack. Axe em Jacks. They had 1 winning season in the 5 years I was in Nac. They did upset the then mighty Southwest Texas Bobcats 27-24. The Bobcats were led by Jim Wacker and won 2 National Championships in there somewhere. Thoroughly enjoyed my time in East Texas.

hookandladder
11-29-2011, 06:57 PM

This is a pretty accurate statement however it is your Little League All Star Team,we do not have over involved parents sucking up and politicing. It has happened here before but not right now, I am sure it does happen in other schools.

Sportshack
11-29-2011, 07:00 PM
The dads usually standaround the fence near the dugout reliving their hs standaround glory days talking about how much better they were than they really were and hoping for a chance to wave to the coach......and if they are really lucky, get a chance to talk standaround strategy with the coach.

Hey...hey...I resemble that remark!!! :cheerl:

Manso/V8
11-29-2011, 09:38 PM
This is a pretty accurate statement however it is your Little League All Star Team,we do not have over involved parents sucking up and politicing. It has happened here before but not right now, I am sure it does happen in other schools.

Little League was always a lot of fun until All-Stars. One my kids even asked to have his name removed from consideration for the All-Star team a couple of years.....we are just not a gung-ho baseball family. It does seem like baseball players are slotted as future varsity starters pretty early. It also seems like there is a parent clique or social order around hs baseball, and some parents try to politic, but I don't think they achieve anything that their kid doesn't already deserve. For sure, the parent involvement is different than in other sports.

necks88
11-30-2011, 05:05 AM
How did this thread get hijacked by all this baseball BS. Lets go play some football, GATA necks

hookandladder
11-30-2011, 06:45 AM
You can excell at football with raw athletic ability, you need some combination of speed, quickness, strength, size, and stamina depending on the position. Some positions require good ball IQ, like QB, WR, LB, S, CB.

Basketball requires more practiced ball skill. To excell you need high ball IQ, good 3 dimensional movement, quick feet, good hand-eye coordination, and very good body control. Good basketball players make the transition to the football field without much experience......look at Gonzales, Gates, and Graham in the NFL.

Baseball is more a of skill game. Less athletic kids with decent hand-eye coordination can do well with lots of reps. I have seen some kids with less than average athletic ability excell at pitching......but they have to have the stamina to standaround for long periods of time. Good athletes that get a lot of baseball reps can really excell. QB's because of the ball handling skills and throwing skills often are good baseball players. A fast kid ends up in 8th place in a track meet, but is probably the leading base runner on a baseball team.

I am guessing from your comment that your son is a QB and a good baseball player.

Yes.

pancho villa
11-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Little League was always a lot of fun until All-Stars. One my kids even asked to have his name removed from consideration for the All-Star team a couple of years.....we are just not a gung-ho baseball family. It does seem like baseball players are slotted as future varsity starters pretty early. It also seems like there is a parent clique or social order around hs baseball, and some parents try to politic, but I don't think they achieve anything that their kid doesn't already deserve. For sure, the parent involvement is different than in other sports.

My son also liked little league but chose not to play all-stars (it just was not fun) We also are not a standaround family.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2011, 02:01 PM
My son also liked little league but chose not to play all-stars (it just was not fun) We also are not a standaround family.

You are more of a standaround a buffet type of guy.

yellaseeker
11-30-2011, 07:44 PM
How did this thread get hijacked by all this baseball BS. Lets go play some football, GATA necks

No kidding! Start a different thread for pete's sake.

yellaseeker
11-30-2011, 08:03 PM
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7199093/

:iagree:

HaHaHa. Now that's funny right there, don't care who you are. Best thing about it is, there's alot of truth in that whacky video. Hell, we got a bunch of people on here smarter than Don Shula, Chuck Noll and Tom Landry all put together. Lol

Roughneck93
11-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Damn, is it Friday yet?! :sleeping:

yellaseeker
11-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Gonna be perfect football weather Friday. Nacogdoches shows mid 50's to lower 60's during game time. Can't wait for kickoff. :cheerl:

Roughneck93
12-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Game preview courtesy of The Facts.

Once is enough for Roughnecks
Columbia out for revenge in rematch with Tyler Chapel Hill.

Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:00 am
By ALEX YBARRA The Facts

WEST COLUMBIA — The Columbia Roughnecks believe they're better prepared this time around.
Last year's 41-14 season-ending loss to Tyler Chapel Hill was a disappointing, lopsided outcome, but the Roughnecks are convinced it'll be different when they take on the Bulldogs in a rematch of the Class 3A Division I semifinal at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogdoches.
"The difference is that we've played them before," Columbia coach Leland Surovik said. "Last year, that was the first time we'd been that deep in however long. Some of the kids had never been in the playoffs before. ... Now the kids have had that taste and it's not an unachievable goal. They understand it's just one more game. They know they can play with Chapel Hill if they decide to."

They plan to.

"I feel it's revenge," senior linebacker Cassius Davidson said. "I feel like we need to play our hardest to get this win. They upset us pretty bad last year. I've been dreaming every night about Chapel Hill, and we're gonna get the victory."

On paper, the matchup looks pretty even.

Both teams are 13-0.

Both have been here before, and both returned at least eight starters on one side of the ball from last year - Columbia's are on defense and Chapel Hill's are on offense.

The Roughnecks have coasted through the playoffs, beating their first three playoff opponents - Rockport-Fulton, Raymondville and La Vernia - by a combined score of 119-43.

The Bulldogs blasted Jasper, 70-28, in the bidistrict round before squeaking by La Vega, 27-20 and Navasota, 56-46.

"Right now, we're lucky to have survived," Chapel Hill coach Thomas Sitton said.

They each rely heavily on the ground game, with Columbia's Sean Flannel (197 carries, 1,389 yards, 19 TDs) and Floyd Bess (94 carries, 1,028 yards, 11 TD) receiving most of the backfield carries. Chapel Hill uses a few more bodies to stay fresh and break big plays with Jay Reagan (129 carries, 1,069 yards, 19 TDs), Rex Rollins (91 carries, 841 yards, eight TDs) and Andrew Tucker (102 carries, 998 yards, 11 TDs).

Chapel Hill has thrown the ball when necessary, though.

Quarterback Avery Saenz has completed 67 percent of his passes for 15 touchdowns, just two interceptions and more than 1,300 yards.

"They run about 70 percent of the time, throw about 30," Columbia defensive coordinator Chris Gerbich said. "The key to us Friday night is not letting them make big plays on us."

The key for Columbia could be the passing game.

Offensive coordinator Randy Lynch said he knows Chapel Hill will try to load up the box to stop Flannel and Bess. That means quarterbacks Treylon Johnican and Tyler Ince, who have shared time recently, will need to prove they can stretch the field.

Johnican wasn't able to do that against La Vernia last week, throwing an interception and going 0-for-3 on third-and-long situations that were the result of penalties.

Lynch said that can't happen against Chapel Hill.

"Obviously, we're still a run-oriented team," Lynch said. "We're gonna have to throw the football against these guys and try to balance it out a little bit."

Sitton said he's aware Columbia has steamrolled competition lately, acknowledging the Roughnecks have been wearing everybody out physically.

"They do a great job in their run game," Sitton said. "They have lots of formations that you have to be lined up to. Their play-action game is what gets a lot of people. You have to be prepared for both."

Last season, while Columbia's state title hopes ended in the semifinal, Chapel Hill's dreams came crashing down in a 28-21 loss to Henderson one week later.

So, yes, Columbia is looking for some vengeance, but Chapel Hill, the top-ranked Class 3A team in Texas, feels like it has unfinished business as well.

"Chapel Hill is a great team, but so are we," Surovik said. "We gotta be willing to get in a dogfight. No. 1 teams don't always win. I told them that. You can look at college. You can look at professional. That's why you play the game."
http://thefacts.com/sports/high_school_football/article_8b1cc90e-1bdc-11e1-88f2-001cc4c002e0.html

Roughneck93
12-01-2011, 06:45 AM
From The Facts

Columbia not falling into same hole as last year.
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:00 am
By ALEX YBARRA The Facts

WEST COLUMBIA — One carry was all it took for Tyler Chapel Hill to build momentum.
The Roughnecks were playing in the state semifinals for the first time since 1969, and on the opening drive, quarterback Daymond Lewis lost a fumble that Chapel Hill turned into a touchdown less than five minutes into the first quarter
Just like that, the Bulldogs had Columbia on its heels.

They totaled 300 yards on their way to a 27-0 halftime lead and never looked back, crushing the 'Necks 41-14. It's a game Columbia players and coaches reflect on similarly - an early turnover against a team that strong is a bad start.

So heading into a semifinal rematch at 7:30 p.m. Friday in Nacogdoches, Columbia is using last year's game as a learning experience.

"We've gotta avoid that," Columbia offensive coordinator Randy Lynch said. "We've gotta avoid turnovers and we've gotta avoid the penalties. We just can't get in that hole against these guys again. They're just too good."

After Chapel Hill took a 7-0 lead, the Roughnecks chewed up more than seven minutes of clock before they turned the ball over on downs at the Bulldog 12-yard line.

Chapel Hill quarterback Avery Saenz then hit Avery Henderson for an 84-yard touchdown pass seconds later for a 14-0 advantage. Columbia's offense stalled from there. The Roughnecks were unable to find the formula that allowed them to move the ball so meticulously on their first drive as they went into halftime down 27-0.

"Teams have a tendency to not necessarily give up, but forget what got them there when you get behind," Columbia coach Leland Surovik said. "At halftime, we talked about it and settled them down, whether this is your last game or not, you're gonna remember it for the rest of your life."

Treylon Johnican, who was a junior last season, mentioned the early mistake as a reason for the dismal first half.

"We just gotta cut out the turnovers we had last year and come out and actually believe we can play with them," Johnican said.

Trailing 27-0 when the third quarter started, the 'Necks turned it up and played better. Lewis found some running room to finish with 128 yards, and linebacker Cassius Davidson recovered his second fumble of the game, which led to a touchdown.

But the Bulldogs' lead was too large, as they chipped away at the clock on a seven-play, 82-yard drive to go up 34-7. Looking back, Surovik said the second half is something his players can use as confidence, because that's when they knew they competed with the Bulldogs.

"We realized we could've played with them had we done it the whole time," Surovik said.
http://thefacts.com/sports/high_school_football/article_e91dbc4e-1bdb-11e1-888d-001cc4c002e0.html

orangeblood64
12-01-2011, 09:54 AM
chapel hill wins this one pretty easy. BIG BLOW OUT

Chillfan
12-01-2011, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/meanfish#p/u/6/BwqN2jRZeMM

baseballcoach13
12-01-2011, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/meanfish#p/u/6/BwqN2jRZeMM

Good videos. Ive seen 3 or 4 of them now. I tried to do the same for WC but it was nothing but coaches chasing goats around the field and them yelling something about a bbq coming up.

Chillfan
12-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Good videos. Ive seen 3 or 4 of them now. I tried to do the same for WC but it was nothing but coaches chasing goats around the field and them yelling something about a bbq coming up.

lol!

HEMOTOXIC
12-01-2011, 12:52 PM
It's almost game day. Good Luck to both teams. Safe traveling to Nacogdoches!

Chillfan
12-01-2011, 12:53 PM
It's almost game day. Good Luck to both teams. Safe traveling to Nacogdoches!
Yall tailgating Hemo?

HEMOTOXIC
12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Yall tailgating Hemo?

I don't get off work until 6, so I will not be able to make the game.

Chillfan
12-01-2011, 01:02 PM
NEW CHAPEL HILL — The Chapel Hill Bulldogs offense is as versatile as it is explosive.

After enjoying early success through the air, the running game has emerged as the driving force behind a unit that averages 530 yards and 49 points per game.

In their three playoff wins, the Bulldogs have rushed for 19 touchdowns while averaging 400 yards on the ground. And just like the offense overall, the rushing attack is just as multiple.

Twelve different players have run for at least one touchdown, and four have been Chapel Hill’s single-game rushing leader this season.

“We’ve got a group of running backs that are very unselfish,” Bulldogs coach Thomas Sitton said.

“They don’t care who gets the most carries or who gets the most touches. All they want is what’s best for the team. That’s the thing that really makes us proud as a coaching staff.”

The passing game grabbed most of the headlines early on after quarterback Avery Saenz threw for more than 700 yards and 10 touchdowns through Chapel Hill’s first two games.

Saenz, however, was lost for the next six-plus games when the senior suffered a broken bone in his lower right leg in his team’s third game.

It was time for the running game to shine, but the Bulldogs were already without their top two running backs Andrew Tucker and Rex Rollins, who are both North Texas commits.

Senior running back Jay Reagan emerged, running for 166 yards and two touchdowns in a narrow win at Carthage. For the season, he leads the team with 1,027 yards and 18 touchdowns.

Reagan ran for two fourth-quarter touchdowns last week to seal Chapel Hill’s 56-46 quarterfinal win over Navasota.

“Coming into this year we knew that he would definitely be in the mix,” Sitton said. “Jay plays on the defensive side of the ball, and when he comes in on offense he does a great job. We expected the load that he’s toted this year.”

Tucker, second on the team with 998 yards and 11 touchdowns, leads the Bulldogs with a 9.8 yard-per-carry average but has missed the better part of six games this season with one injury or another.

It was his 93-yard touchdown in the closing minute that allowed Chapel Hill to survive a scare from Waco La Vega in the regional round of the playoffs.

“Andrew does a great job when he gets the football in his hands,” Sitton said. “He’s a big back so he’s hard to tackle and he’s got great vision. The good thing about Andrew is he’s got great football speed. He’s as fast with his pads on as he is with his pads off, and a lot of kids can’t do that.”

Rollins missed the first four games due to an MCL strain in his right knee, but returned to run for a team-best 127 yards against Lindale in his first game back. For the year, he ranks third on the team with 841 yards and eight touchdowns.

He had a season-high 16 carries last week and finished with 99 yards and a touchdown.

“As a coaching staff, we thought that was his best game,” Sitton said of Rollins’ effort against Navasota. “He finally looks healthy. You can see the explosion when he decides to accelerate. He just ran unbelievably hard the other night. He’s a strong kid, he’s hard to tackle. Once he makes contact, he keeps his feet driving.”

Sophomore Joseph Clark also enjoyed a breakout game last week, setting career highs with 13 carries and 83 yards. Clark, who also starts at safety, is fifth on the team with 368 yards and five touchdowns.

“Joseph is one of the toughest kids we have on our football team,” Sitton said. “You can tell by the way he runs the football how tough he is. He just makes the subtle cuts, but he hits things running downhill at full speed and he’s hard to tackle. It’s always fun when you see the football in his hands.”

Collectively, the foursome has rushed for 3,234 yards and 34 touchdowns, making it difficult for an opposing defense to shut them down.

“It’s not only the depth, but the training that we go through in practice,” Rollins said. “We work hard. Every single day we strive to be great. If one of us goes down, one of us comes right back up. We can run the ball for days, we can run all day.”

The fast-paced tempo of Chapel Hill’s no-huddle, spread attack plays a big role in the team’s success.

“It can be very detrimental to a defense if they’re not in shape,” Chapel Hill offensive coordinator Chris Taber said. “For us it’s an advantage because I don’t think a defense on film can’t tell how fast we’re playing for one. And two, they can’t practice at the tempo because they’re trying to teach their kids our offense.”

The Bulldogs’ two fourth-quarter scoring drives against Navasota consisted of 17 running plays, and nothing through the air.

“For us to be able to line up and run at the pace we play, it opens up our whole offense,” Taber said. “When you talk about a two-minute offense, you’re talking about 10 designated plays. Well, we run our whole playbook at that speed.”

The tempo allowed Chapel Hill to run 90 offensive plays against Navasota, 66 of which were runs.

“We go out there expecting (the defense) to be tired and they usually are,” Rollins said. “They don’t hit as hard and they’re easy to break off tackles. They’re so tired that they just can’t hang onto us anymore. We’ll pound the rock all night.”

NOTES: Chapel Hill (13-0) and West Columbia (13-0) meet Friday in a Class 3A Division I state semifinal. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at Stephen F. Austin’s Homer Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches. It is a rematch from last year when Chapel Hill scored a 41-14 win … Friday’s winner will face either Alvarado (13-0) or Henderson (11-2) in the state final at 7:30 p.m., Dec. 9, at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington. … The Bulldogs set a new school record for points in a season with last week’s 56-point effort. Chapel Hill has scored 646 points this year, eclipsing last season’s total of 616

Dog96
12-01-2011, 05:57 PM
NEW CHAPEL HILL — The Chapel Hill Bulldogs offense is as versatile as it is explosive.

After enjoying early success through the air, the running game has emerged as the driving force behind a unit that averages 530 yards and 49 points per game.

In their three playoff wins, the Bulldogs have rushed for 19 touchdowns while averaging 400 yards on the ground. And just like the offense overall, the rushing attack is just as multiple.

Twelve different players have run for at least one touchdown, and four have been Chapel Hill’s single-game rushing leader this season.

“We’ve got a group of running backs that are very unselfish,” Bulldogs coach Thomas Sitton said.

“They don’t care who gets the most carries or who gets the most touches. All they want is what’s best for the team. That’s the thing that really makes us proud as a coaching staff.”

The passing game grabbed most of the headlines early on after quarterback Avery Saenz threw for more than 700 yards and 10 touchdowns through Chapel Hill’s first two games.

Saenz, however, was lost for the next six-plus games when the senior suffered a broken bone in his lower right leg in his team’s third game.

It was time for the running game to shine, but the Bulldogs were already without their top two running backs Andrew Tucker and Rex Rollins, who are both North Texas commits.

Senior running back Jay Reagan emerged, running for 166 yards and two touchdowns in a narrow win at Carthage. For the season, he leads the team with 1,027 yards and 18 touchdowns.

Reagan ran for two fourth-quarter touchdowns last week to seal Chapel Hill’s 56-46 quarterfinal win over Navasota.

“Coming into this year we knew that he would definitely be in the mix,” Sitton said. “Jay plays on the defensive side of the ball, and when he comes in on offense he does a great job. We expected the load that he’s toted this year.”

Tucker, second on the team with 998 yards and 11 touchdowns, leads the Bulldogs with a 9.8 yard-per-carry average but has missed the better part of six games this season with one injury or another.

It was his 93-yard touchdown in the closing minute that allowed Chapel Hill to survive a scare from Waco La Vega in the regional round of the playoffs.

“Andrew does a great job when he gets the football in his hands,” Sitton said. “He’s a big back so he’s hard to tackle and he’s got great vision. The good thing about Andrew is he’s got great football speed. He’s as fast with his pads on as he is with his pads off, and a lot of kids can’t do that.”

Rollins missed the first four games due to an MCL strain in his right knee, but returned to run for a team-best 127 yards against Lindale in his first game back. For the year, he ranks third on the team with 841 yards and eight touchdowns.

He had a season-high 16 carries last week and finished with 99 yards and a touchdown.

“As a coaching staff, we thought that was his best game,” Sitton said of Rollins’ effort against Navasota. “He finally looks healthy. You can see the explosion when he decides to accelerate. He just ran unbelievably hard the other night. He’s a strong kid, he’s hard to tackle. Once he makes contact, he keeps his feet driving.”

Sophomore Joseph Clark also enjoyed a breakout game last week, setting career highs with 13 carries and 83 yards. Clark, who also starts at safety, is fifth on the team with 368 yards and five touchdowns.

“Joseph is one of the toughest kids we have on our football team,” Sitton said. “You can tell by the way he runs the football how tough he is. He just makes the subtle cuts, but he hits things running downhill at full speed and he’s hard to tackle. It’s always fun when you see the football in his hands.”

Collectively, the foursome has rushed for 3,234 yards and 34 touchdowns, making it difficult for an opposing defense to shut them down.

“It’s not only the depth, but the training that we go through in practice,” Rollins said. “We work hard. Every single day we strive to be great. If one of us goes down, one of us comes right back up. We can run the ball for days, we can run all day.”

The fast-paced tempo of Chapel Hill’s no-huddle, spread attack plays a big role in the team’s success.

“It can be very detrimental to a defense if they’re not in shape,” Chapel Hill offensive coordinator Chris Taber said. “For us it’s an advantage because I don’t think a defense on film can’t tell how fast we’re playing for one. And two, they can’t practice at the tempo because they’re trying to teach their kids our offense.”

The Bulldogs’ two fourth-quarter scoring drives against Navasota consisted of 17 running plays, and nothing through the air.

“For us to be able to line up and run at the pace we play, it opens up our whole offense,” Taber said. “When you talk about a two-minute offense, you’re talking about 10 designated plays. Well, we run our whole playbook at that speed.”

The tempo allowed Chapel Hill to run 90 offensive plays against Navasota, 66 of which were runs.

“We go out there expecting (the defense) to be tired and they usually are,” Rollins said. “They don’t hit as hard and they’re easy to break off tackles. They’re so tired that they just can’t hang onto us anymore. We’ll pound the rock all night.”

NOTES: Chapel Hill (13-0) and West Columbia (13-0) meet Friday in a Class 3A Division I state semifinal. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at Stephen F. Austin’s Homer Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches. It is a rematch from last year when Chapel Hill scored a 41-14 win … Friday’s winner will face either Alvarado (13-0) or Henderson (11-2) in the state final at 7:30 p.m., Dec. 9, at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington. … The Bulldogs set a new school record for points in a season with last week’s 56-point effort. Chapel Hill has scored 646 points this year, eclipsing last season’s total of 616

Ground and Pound The Necks Friday night all night long. Make sure Necks "D" eats their Wheaties Friday morning!!!

Dog96
12-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Does anyone have WC Defense stats? What style run Defense does do they present?

Dog96
12-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Sorry....What style run Defense do they present?

zebrablue2
12-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Go necks! Pull the upset of the year...

'Necks 2013-14
12-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Go necks! Pull the upset of the year...No doubt our boys will give it their best effort. May the best team win and no injuries for either team! R E V E N G E ! ! !

yellaseeker
12-01-2011, 10:42 PM

You already made a prediction of pounding us all night so it sounds like it doesn't really matter but i will tell you this, It's the punch you in the mouth style of defense. It works like this, if you're holding the pigskin, your gonna get punished. I usually refrain from most trash talking but your overconfidence rubs me wrong. Maybe i'm reading you wrong and if that's the case, i apologize in advance.

GATA NECKS!!!!!!

Dog96
12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
You already made a prediction of pounding us all night so it sounds like it doesn't really matter but i will tell you this, It's the punch you in the mouth style of defense. It works like this, if you're holding the pigskin, your gonna get punished. I usually refrain from most trash talking but your overconfidence rubs me wrong. Maybe i'm reading you wrong and if that's the case, i apologize in advance.

GATA NECKS!!!!!!

Sorry for being overconfident about my Bulldogs! Take a breath. Its just football.

CHS 49
Necks 17

yellaseeker
12-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Sorry for being overconfident about my Bulldogs! Take a breath. Its just football.

CHS 49
Necks 17

Oh, alright i'm breathing now. Lol Don't see the Necks allowing anywhere close to that many points. Honestly, I see this being a war but if i'm wrong, i still don't see the gap being that big. We'll see who shows up.

baseballcoach13
12-02-2011, 07:33 AM

They usually put 10 in the box and leave at least one reciever uncovered and hope for the best.

'Necks 2013-14
12-02-2011, 08:27 AM
They usually put 10 in the box and leave at least one reciever uncovered and hope for the best.:clap::)

Dog96
12-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Oh, alright i'm breathing now. Lol Don't see the Necks allowing anywhere close to that many points. Honestly, I see this being a war but if i'm wrong, i still don't see the gap being that big. We'll see who shows up.

Honestly, I dont think i can withstand another close game! As of late, Friday nights have been very stressful. Soon the Bulldgos WILL play a mistake friendly game and the score board will explode. I know WC is a good football team. Espically, allowing their oppenents under 21pts. I know it will be a great game on the best level of all Friday Night Lights.

Enjoy the Trip! I know i didnt last year....Tooooooo Looooong of a DRIVE!

Dog96
12-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Long day for WC if they play this Defense! Sanez wil have a field day!

baseballcoach13
12-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Long day for WC if they play this Defense! Sanez wil have a field day!

Maybe...maybe he'll have a hard time throwing with his shoulder blades on the ground(no disrespect to him, he is a good QB)...Hard to block 10 with 7-8. And I didnt mention the 1 they leave back is a love child of Chuck Norris......

yellaseeker
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Saenz is a very good QB but, the Roughneck D with help from their D.C. will find away to put mucho pressure on him. Just gotta get most of the pressure done from the ends and an occasional corner or OLB while maintaining coverage on the short passes into the secondary. Gonna be a battle in the press boxes for sure on this one.

yellaseeker
12-02-2011, 09:18 AM
they usually put 10 in the box and leave at least one reciever uncovered and hope for the best.

hahahahah lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 09:21 AM
I have 1 more quiz to take before i get outta class. I'll be leaving CS around 3:00. Should be at SFA around 6. I'll try and find a good place to eat on my way.

As Bart Scott put it, "Cant Wait!"

Goodluck Necks!

SHSBulldog00
12-02-2011, 09:43 AM
For those who will not be making the road trip (including me) we can listen to the game here

The Legacy Sports Network

Saturday

Pregame @ 7:10

http://legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2011-2012/Football/TPBS/tpbs-1.htm

WC_Necks
12-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Go Necks! Tough game but I think WC will win a tight one.

pirate4state
12-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Best of luck to all my buddies in the Dub-C --- GATA!!!

baseballcoach13
12-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Best of luck to all my buddies in the Dub-C --- GATA!!!

You gonna make the trip? If you do brang me a faheeeta!!!

pirate4state
12-02-2011, 10:22 AM
You gonna make the trip? If you do brang me a faheeeta!!!

LOL I wish I could, but I have to work today and Nac is about 5+ hours away. I'll be there in spirit ;)

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 10:32 AM
For those who will not be making the road trip (including me) we can listen to the game here

The Legacy Sports Network

Saturday

Pregame @ 7:10

http://legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2011-2012/Football/TPBS/tpbs-1.htm

Wait, what? Saturday?

Game is tonight?

baseballcoach13
12-02-2011, 10:36 AM
LOL I wish I could, but I have to work today and Nac is about 5+ hours away. I'll be there in spirit ;)

I figured. My faheeeta would be cold by then anyway.

Lucky2Coach
12-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Good luck Roughnecks! GATA tonight!!!

garciap77
12-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Going with the underdog by 3!

SHSBulldog00
12-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Wait, what? Saturday?

Game is tonight?

Your right. My brain is not functioning properly

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8176/homerbraincolor1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/homerbraincolor1.jpg/)

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Your right. My brain is not functioning properly

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8176/homerbraincolor1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/homerbraincolor1.jpg/) but on the link you posted it also gives 2 different dates: nov 25 and dec 3, which are both wrong

SHSBulldog00
12-02-2011, 02:10 PM
but on the link you posted it also gives 2 different dates: nov 25 and dec 3, which are both wrong

Yeah the site itself is wrong.

Chillfan
12-02-2011, 02:16 PM
rtsp://v7.cache2.c.youtube.com/CjYLENy73wIaLQk4pCrgA28NCBMYJCAkFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSA RSBXdhdGNoYLiGjrPR8vm7TQw=/0/0/0/video.3gp;connectionuid=WAP2%20trans

Nac bound. Good Luck!! Let's get it done Bulldogs.

regaleagle
12-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Chill finally plays lights out in this one. Chill 49 Columbia 28

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Started the trip off right. Speeding ticket just outside lovely Crockett, tx. 86 in a 70. Sweet.

Dub-C
12-02-2011, 08:02 PM
gata necks

zebrablue2
12-02-2011, 10:02 PM
started the trip off right. Speeding ticket just outside lovely crockett, tx. 86 in a 70. Sweet.

ouch

Dog96
12-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Gotta give a hand clap to The Necks for an outstanding game tonight. I tell ya, nothing to hang yours heads about. These boys came to play and they ment business! I feel that the last 3 teams we've played could be in the state game.

One more Bulldog!!!

defense51
12-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Congratulations on a great season WC, I was pulling for you last night!!!

yellaseeker
12-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Congratulations on a great season WC, I was pulling for you last night!!!

I was pulling for yall as well. Congratulations to Alvarado. I figured that Indian defense would be big for yall. Like they say, offense sells tickets and defense wins championships. Sure was looking forward to playing yall in the big one for a defensive showdown. Congratulations to the bulldogs as well. Was a hard pill to swallow but a hell of a game nevertheless.