11-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Great game
do yall know where your next game is at and when

tres beauties
11-26-2011, 12:03 AM
Friday night, 7:00 at Pennington Field.

cowboyandchrist
11-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Now we will find out if Alvarado can run with East Texas speed. This should be a great ball game if Alvarado is as good as they have been saying they are over on Smoaky. I will still go with the speed from the East until proven wrong. God Bless to both teams and no injuries. Everyone will need to be healthly to run with Chapell Hill no matter which team wins.

toddg
11-26-2011, 04:11 AM
Now we will find out if Alvarado can run with East Texas speed. This should be a great ball game if Alvarado is as good as they have been saying they are over on Smoaky. I will still go with the speed from the East until proven wrong. God Bless to both teams and no injuries. Everyone will need to be healthly to run with Chapell Hill no matter which team wins.

dont underestimate Alvarado cowboyandChrist..Alvarado is good..will they be good enough next friday?..thats why we play the games..but i guarantee this..Alvarado will show up, prepared, and ready to play.

LionFan72
11-26-2011, 10:06 AM
I guess I have underestimated Alvarado all year, but the win over Wylie and Seminole has changed my view. I sure hope the Indians have a talented O-line and can force the ball up the middle, don't think you will consistantly be getting the corners. Good luck next week and take the title back for Reg 1.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 10:24 AM
I guess I have underestimated Alvarado all year, but the win over Wylie and Seminole has changed my view. I sure hope the Indians have a talented O-line and can force the ball up the middle, don't think you will consistantly be getting the corners. Good luck next week and take the title back for Reg 1.OUr offense is one of the best in the state.. Our defense is the best in the state.. Good luck Henderson.

Emerson1
11-26-2011, 10:34 AM
OUr offense is one of the best in the state.. Our defense is the best in the state.. Good luck Henderson.
Best in North Texas maybe.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Best in North Texas maybe.Number one period.... 34 pts in last 9 games...

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Alvarado-High-School-Alvarado-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/CFB76376/

LionFan72
11-26-2011, 11:09 AM
The only ranking (don't put your apples in this basket) that matters is coming in a couple weeks, and I am pretty sure that Henderson will stretch your defense, just hope it doesn't break. Defense wins championships!!!and certainly you have a respectable defense at this point! Go get the prize!

regaleagle
11-26-2011, 02:33 PM
I've got Alvarado winning this one. I'll be watching with interest and rooting for the Indians. :wave:

garciap77
11-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Friday night, 7:00 at Pennington Field.
tres beauties LOL good one!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

garciap77
11-26-2011, 02:52 PM
OUr offense is one of the best in the state.. Our defense is the best in the state.. Good luck Henderson.

:2thumbsup

tres beauties
11-26-2011, 09:40 PM
garciap77, I am confused. I don't understand what's so funny. I'm pretty sure that's the time, date, and location. If i'm wrong, someone please let me know.

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Friday night, 7:00 at Pennington Field.I love Pennington Field! Great place for a game. Might try and make this one.

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
I guess I have underestimated Alvarado all year, but the win over Wylie and Seminole has changed my view. I sure hope the Indians have a talented O-line and can force the ball up the middle, don't think you will consistantly be getting the corners. Good luck next week and take the title back for Reg 1.This is true. 4 yards and a cloud of turf rubber.:2thumbsup Can't get behind early. No dumb drive killing penalties or mistakes.

garciap77
11-26-2011, 11:01 PM
garciap77, I am confused. I don't understand what's so funny. I'm pretty sure that's the time, date, and location. If i'm wrong, someone please let me know.

I like your name "Tres beauties"! I think it's funny, that's all!

tres beauties
11-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the clarification. The name is a "family" thing.

garciap77
11-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the clarification. The name is a "family" thing.

No problem! Go Indians!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/316969_10150347946782963_165763162962_8454475_2617 91268_n.jpg

bleedgreen
11-27-2011, 07:56 AM
I can't remember anyone from district 8 going to the state semifinals (recently). Please clue me in if I'm wrong. Congrats to the Indians on a great performance this year. They appear to be a very balanced club with very few weaknesses. I haven't been to a single high school game this year but the one coming up at Pennington, is one this Kennedale Wildcat may have to make. I'm pulling for you to bring home the state trophy, as I'm sure all of district 8 is also. Good luck and stay focused.

toddg
11-27-2011, 08:34 AM
I can't remember anyone from district 8 going to the state semifinals (recently). Please clue me in if I'm wrong. Congrats to the Indians on a great performance this year. They appear to be a very balanced club with very few weaknesses. I haven't been to a single high school game this year but the one coming up at Pennington, is one this Kennedale Wildcat may have to make. I'm pulling for you to bring home the state trophy, as I'm sure all of district 8 is also. Good luck and stay focused.

Alvarado played henderson in the semis last year also...lost 20-13...the rematch this year should be just as good a game..maybe better.

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2011, 11:37 AM
dont underestimate Alvarado cowboyandChrist..Alvarado is good..will they be good enough next friday?..thats why we play the games..but i guarantee this..Alvarado will show up, prepared, and ready to play.
I have learned never to under estimate any team that makes it this far in the playoffs. This will be the best test for both teams. I will give a slite edge to Henderson because of the speed factor. I know Alvarado has a great D, but I have not read anywhere on here over the last two months where Alvarado faced a team with the team speed of Henderson. I am not saying Henderson in A blow out, I am saying 3 to 7 point game. If Alvarado's D lives up to all the hype by mostly Alvarado fans, this could be a low scoring game. If it is a high scoring game, Hendserson wins, low scoring game, Alvarado has the advantage. Two very good teams as it should be this deep in the playoffs. Who ever wins this game will need to come out with no injuries, the winner will face the beast from the East in Chapell Hill. God Bless and no injuries.

WildTexan972
11-27-2011, 02:24 PM
if Alvarado can do a decent job sealing the corner on the slot back handoff crossing thru the backfield they can shut down all that speed....Celina did not have the caliber of DE this year to shut that down and that single factor got Celina beat more than any other....

these 2 big 3A schools should be good matches for each other and will probably be a great HS environment to see a game.....

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 03:06 PM
I have learned never to under estimate any team that makes it this far in the playoffs. This will be the best test for both teams. I will give a slite edge to Henderson because of the speed factor. I know Alvarado has a great D, but I have not read anywhere on here over the last two months where Alvarado faced a team with the team speed of Henderson. I am not saying Henderson in A blow out, I am saying 3 to 7 point game. If Alvarado's D lives up to all the hype by mostly Alvarado fans, this could be a low scoring game. If it is a high scoring game, Hendserson wins, low scoring game, Alvarado has the advantage. Two very good teams as it should be this deep in the playoffs. Who ever wins this game will need to come out with no injuries, the winner will face the beast from the East in Chapell Hill. God Bless and no injuries.

dude I am from East Texas..yes ET has speed, yes Henderson has speed but that one thing is not why East Texas 3A has been great, it is a part of it..two of the most succesful ET teams Carthage and Gilmer are nowhere close to being burners and full of speed.

Lions88
11-27-2011, 03:08 PM
dude I am from East Texas..yes ET has speed, yes Henderson has speed but that one thing is not why East Texas 3A has been great, it is a part of it..two of the most succesful ET teams Carthage and Gilmer are nowhere close to being burners and full of speed.
Txbroadcaster! Arent you the one that said Alvarado would beat us if they faced us? What do you think of that prediction now?? Haha.. Alvarado doesnt know whats about to happen!

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Txbroadcaster! Arent you the one that said Alvarado would beat us if they faced us? What do you think of that prediction now?? Haha.. Alvarado doesnt know whats about to happen!

I said at the moment that I saw Henderson which was agianst Carthage I thought Alvarado was better AT THAT POINT..now after seeing Henderson agianst Celina I feel they closed that gap considerably...

Thing that still worries me about Henderson..when Celina stayed in between the tackles they moved the ball..Celina tried to much to hit the edge and Henderson ate them alive, and Henderson pass rush was friggin outstanding

That is an Alvarado strength and bread and butter of that O..the speed of the Lbs for Henderson wll be negated if the DL cannot keep the maulers of Alvarado from getting to them at the 2nd level..Alvarado will take 3-4 yards all day long...Celina I felt got out of their game plan way to early when falling behind, kinda panicked.

Henderson's O-line huge improvment since Carthage will be a great battle with a darn good Indian front( they kind of remind of Henderson D-line) move off blocks very well and the LBs play great gap control.

If Barnes is healthy and 100% I am saying it is a one possesion game

Gonzo
11-27-2011, 03:43 PM
This ball game is going to be a DANDY!

Henderson has more speed.

Henderson has played a much tougher schedule.

Alvarado is going to be much much more physical than Henderson has seen this year.

Hednerson won last year without their starting quarterback for over half the game. And he went down just before half vs Celina and was very limited with his mobility in the second half.

Can Alvarado slow the game down and keep Henderson's offense off the field?

Can Alvarado assert their physicality and run at will against Henderson?

Maybe one of the best games in the State this weekend......

I will take Alvarado by 3!

Sportshack
11-27-2011, 03:55 PM

Thank you...thank you...it appears to me there are some good high school coaches with fairly sophisticated schemes in East Texas. That is what I took away from video I saw of Gilmer and Henderson game not some type of other worldly speed. And yes I am sure there is some speed on those teams. There is on most good teams that get deep in playoffs. 4A Lake Travis would not be classified as having East Texas Speed but they have won 4 state titles in a row and are deep in playoffs again. Quality program with good athletes that play as a team.

Lions88
11-27-2011, 04:07 PM
This ball game is going to be a DANDY!

Henderson has more speed.

Henderson has played a much tougher schedule.

Alvarado is going to be much much more physical than Henderson has seen this year.

Hednerson won last year without their starting quarterback for over half the game. And he went down just before half vs Celina and was very limited with his mobility in the second half.

Can Alvarado slow the game down and keep Henderson's offense off the field?

Can Alvarado assert their physicality and run at will against Henderson?

Maybe one of the best games in the State this weekend......

I will take Alvarado by 3!
Can Alvarado stop Henderson on Defense???

NOPE:1popcorn:

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 06:53 PM
if Alvarado can do a decent job sealing the corner on the slot back handoff crossing thru the backfield they can shut down all that speedUmm I think that would be the Jet Sweep FYI

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Thank you...thank you...it appears to me there are some good high school coaches with fairly sophisticated schemes in East Texas. That is what I took away from video I saw of Gilmer and Henderson game not some type of other worldly speed. And yes I am sure there is some speed on those teams. There is on most good teams that get deep in playoffs. 4A Lake Travis would not be classified as having East Texas Speed but they have won 4 state titles in a row and are deep in playoffs again. Quality program with good athletes that play as a team.This!

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Where did you say you were from, I am from Tatum, played for the Dawgs back in the seventies.
Carthage and Gilmer have had in the past and still have East speed out the wasoo'. Last year the Dawgs had one of the fastest D in 3a. Their recievers on the O could flat out fly. You sure you are from East Texas.

toddg
11-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Can Alvarado stop Henderson on Defense???

YEP:1popcorn:

Glad you finally came to your senses! man, take it easy on the homemade cough syrup..its making you say crazy things..and it will rot your teeth!:ack!:

'Necks 2013-14
11-27-2011, 07:06 PM
I have learned never to under estimate any team that makes it this far in the playoffs. This will be the best test for both teams. I will give a slite edge to Henderson because of the speed factor. I know Alvarado has a great D, but I have not read anywhere on here over the last two months where Alvarado faced a team with the team speed of Henderson. I am not saying Henderson in A blow out, I am saying 3 to 7 point game. If Alvarado's D lives up to all the hype by mostly Alvarado fans, this could be a low scoring game. If it is a high scoring game, Hendserson wins, low scoring game, Alvarado has the advantage. Two very good teams as it should be this deep in the playoffs. Who ever wins this game will need to come out with no injuries, the winner will face the beast from the East in Chapell Hill. God Bless and no injuries.Hold on a minute there C&C water-back...me-thinks the Columbia Roughnecks are next on your beloved C-Hill's schedule but ya know whut bubba?? Keep on lookin' ahead and ya might just get yo a$$ blindsided! That is all.:evilgrin:

Lions88
11-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Glad you finally came to your senses! man, take it easy on the homemade cough syrup..its making you say crazy things..and it will rot your teeth!:ack!:
Yeah I have came to my senses... Alvarado wont be able to stop Hendersons offense nor will they be able to anything against the D. I dare you to hand it off to your running back everytime.. haha..

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Where did you say you were from, I am from Tatum, played for the Dawgs back in the seventies.
Carthage and Gilmer have had in the past and still have East speed out the wasoo'. Last year the Dawgs had one of the fastest D in 3a. Their recievers on the O could flat out fly. You sure you are from East Texas.

From Marshall..Carthage is known for size on the lines, lanky athletic WRs, stud RBs who dont fly down the field but hit the gaps aka Dwight Smith, Hunter Holland
I would say the D last year flew to the ball because they never stopped pursuing, yes they had speed( Thompson at LB and Pope when he came back), but the D-line wrecked havoc because they all had motors that did not stop, they were quick and played their assignments...rushed the QB very good

Name a burner from Gilmer...they are a system town..that offense creates the space, they fill it with knowing where to be and then mix in a RB that is quick, but not going to run a 4.4 and burn the turf behind them...they cycle in occasionaly a back like Justin Johnson with a massive line...Their D has never been full of burners but athletic kids who could do a little of it all...Athletic does not = pure speed, it equals equal parts speed, power, quickness and great reflexes.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah I have came to my senses... Alvarado wont be able to stop Hendersons offense nor will they be able to anything against the D. I dare you to hand it off to your running back everytime.. haha..Running backs... Plural...one has 26 Tds... The other has 14.. Shows ignorance again.

toddg
11-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah I have came to my senses... Alvarado will be able to stop Hendersons offense and will be able to do anything against the D. I dare you to hand it off to your running back everytime.. haha..

oh man..just dont double dog dare, cause i dont know if we could handle that!:eek:

Lions88
11-27-2011, 07:35 PM
oh man..just dont double dog dare, cause i dont know if we could handle that!:eek:
I triple dog dare ya :D

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2011, 09:31 PM
From Marshall..Carthage is known for size on the lines, lanky athletic WRs, stud RBs who dont fly down the field but hit the gaps aka Dwight Smith, Hunter Holland
I would say the D last year flew to the ball because they never stopped pursuing, yes they had speed( Thompson at LB and Pope when he came back), but the D-line wrecked havoc because they all had motors that did not stop, they were quick and played their assignments...rushed the QB very good

Name a burner from Gilmer...they are a system town..that offense creates the space, they fill it with knowing where to be and then mix in a RB that is quick, but not going to run a 4.4 and burn the turf behind them...they cycle in occasionaly a back like Justin Johnson with a massive line...Their D has never been full of burners but athletic kids who could do a little of it all...Athletic does not = pure speed, it equals equal parts speed, power, quickness and great reflexes.
I believe you said Carthage and Gilmer won state titles without speed. Ask the Gilmer fans about the 04 and 09 teams also you never saw the championship game Carthage played against Celina. D Smith ran through, around and over Celina. One of his TD'S went for about 60 yards and the closest Celina player was 20 yards behind him.
You ever heard of Roscoe Tatum, and I could name more NFL players from Carthage like Ardrey Mc Millian, John Booty and more or how about the 10 guys from Gilmer since 04 that were D1 college players at wide reciever and DB'S. Know your Carthage and Gilmer history before you speak my friend.

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Name a burner from Gilmer...

#25 Chase Tate :P

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Hold on a minute there C&C water-back...me-thinks the Columbia Roughnecks are next on your beloved C-Hill's schedule but ya know whut bubba?? Keep on lookin' ahead and ya might just get yo a$$ blindsided! That is all.:evilgrin:
If it were any other team than Chapell Hill I would say you are right, They have made so many mistakes in the playoffs there is no way they should still be playing, but we are not talking about a good football team, we are talking about a team so loaded with speed, size, and strenth that they over come turn overs and win. I do not believe anyone can or will beat the Chapell Hill Bull Dogs. I have been saying this all year long. Name me another team in 3A that won 8 ball games in the regular season missing 6 starters. No matter what happens, they find a way to win.

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2011, 06:04 AM
I believe you said Carthage and Gilmer won state titles without speed. Ask the Gilmer fans about the 04 and 09 teams also you never saw the championship game Carthage played against Celina. D Smith ran through, around and over Celina. One of his TD'S went for about 60 yards and the closest Celina player was 20 yards behind him.
You ever heard of Roscoe Tatum, and I could name more NFL players from Carthage like Ardrey Mc Millian, John Booty and more or how about the 10 guys from Gilmer since 04 that were D1 college players at wide reciever and DB'S. Know your Carthage and Gilmer history before you speak my friend.

uhh..show me where I said they won state without speed..please..I said they were not a team full of burners

Also please show me where I said those team did not have guys who had speed,,your trying to twist words. I said that was not the ONLY thing,,You name 3 guys from Carthage..great..If I am not mistaken they were not on the same team at any point...so your showing 3 guys from one program who had NFL talent( I dont know how fast they were..I remember watching Booty play agianst Kilgore his Sr year)..so again what is the point?
I broadcast about 6 Gilmer games that year including the play-offs...also I broadcast the Carthage vs Celina Title game..I never said those teams were slow or had no speed...

Sad thing is I am trying to say give East Texas more credit then ..they are fast and that is it..that is all you ever seem to say on match ups. Speed differences dont win as many games as you think..Henderson did not just beat Celina cause of speed.

Emerson1
11-28-2011, 08:25 AM
If speed alone won games DISD would be a lot more successful.

lostaussie
11-28-2011, 01:51 PM
#25 Chase Tate :PThats one:D

toddg
11-28-2011, 01:55 PM
If speed alone won games DISD would be a lot more successful.

Dallas Skyline still hangin in 5a!

waterboy
11-28-2011, 02:11 PM
#25 Chase Tate :P
Yep, he's definitely one with speed. That little feller is about 5'6", and weighs 135 lbs sopping wet, but he can flat out fly! He plays with reckless abandon, gets hit hard all the time, but pops right back up every time. He reminds me of the Energizer bunny, lol. There's a couple of other players that are fast, but not "other worldly" fast. The Buckeyes just play as a TEAM, and are very quick overall. They fly to ball in droves defensively, and get into open spaces offensively. Jordan Traylor has done a phenomenal job since taking over for Luke.

bowleghorses
11-28-2011, 07:55 PM
I always found this very amusing...I wasn't the fastest person on the team but I would always outrun them in pads. This is funny...lol :stirpot:

bowleghorses
11-28-2011, 07:56 PM
The best place to be fast is between the ears.