PDA

View Full Version : Celina- Henderson game thread

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Henderson scores first on there 4th possesion. They lead Celina 7-0. Wake up Bobcats!

YTBulldogs
11-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Quarter?

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 07:03 PM
First. Bobcats were driving but fumbled the snap and Henderson scooped it and scored again. Now they lead 14-0.

You can listen here: http://www.teamline.cc/free_listen?teamcode=0272&eventcode=20&status=PFU

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Henderson scores again Now lead 21-0. Just found out G2 is sitting on Celina's side. The GOO GOO CURSE IS ALIVE!

poisoned10
11-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Not bad for finishing 3rd in district. But then again, they would have won 95% of the other districts.

Let's hope the other 16 vs 10 game starts the same as this one.

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Henderson scores again 22 seconds left in the half. Now lead 28-0. Henderson's speed and Bobcat's penalties and not executing when they don't false start or fumble.

gomeangreen
11-25-2011, 07:43 PM
28 0 half

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Big Plays are killing Celina and then they are shooting themselves in the foot offensively. Hats off for the first half to a Henderson team that is playing well.

LIONS#1
11-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Woa there nelly this is lookin bad for DFW area....that east Texas speed rhetoric is looking fo real!! GL to Celina throughout the rest of the game.

gomeangreen
11-25-2011, 08:12 PM
3 yrs no offense in playoffs wow

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Celina drove to the 20 and coughed up the ball.:mad:

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 08:41 PM
First play of the 4th quarter Henderson scores again. They lead 35-0. Our safety/punter/receiver Bilderback has been out this half.

Leopard4Life
11-25-2011, 08:43 PM
First play of the 4th quarter Henderson scores again. They lead 35-0. Our safety/punter/receiver Bilderback has been out this half.

Is that #9?

SintonFan
11-25-2011, 08:43 PM

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Celina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Is that #9?Yes it is

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Celina finally completes a drive and scores. Too little too late. Score 35-7 Celina is leading the yardage game but penalties and turnovers have killed us all night. Probably about 8 minutes left. Onside kick fails but nearly got it. All in all not bad for a rebuilding year. Regional finals. We are young.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 08:59 PM
You'd think with their offensive line that celina would be able to score at will

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 09:04 PM
You'd think with their offensive line that celina would be able to score at willYou'd think. I think we tried to out run them to the edge too much. I always thought you run right at speed but what do i know.

Henderson returns a punt for a TD now leads 42-7

gomeangreen
11-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Celina finally completes a drive and scores. Too little too late. Score 35-7 Celina is leading the yardage game but penalties and turnovers have killed us all night. Probably about 8 minutes left. Onside kick fails but nearly got it. All in all not bad for a rebuilding year. Regional finals. We are young.

Didn't hear about the rebuilding year in any of the comments the last 12 weeks

Good excuse but three years in a row with no offence I would look deeper than a rebuilding year

orange machine
11-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Celina's oline got whooped and the offense stalled it seemed like every drive except the scoring drive. Nathan Elliot got pounded all night but never quit he will lead Celina back, he became a man today after the punishment he took all night.

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Celina scores again goes for 2 and fail. 42-13 now. 2 minutes to go. Congrats Henderson. Win State!

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 09:12 PM

Good excuse but three years in a row with no offence I would look deeper than a rebuilding yearWhat are you thinking? Go ahead and get it off your mind.

cowboyandchrist
11-25-2011, 09:16 PM
All that was ever posted from the people of North Texas was East Texas speed was hog wash. It looks like the East Texas speed is alive and well in this ball game and that is with the Q/B out of the game since the start of the second quarter. What happened to the 4x4 relay team that Celina had. Now after I have gloated a little, I know Celina will always be in the hunt, you have one of the best programs in the history of Texas highschool football. I have no doubt you will win another title in the near future. God Bless.

RPF2666
11-25-2011, 09:22 PM

Good excuse but three years in a row with no offence I would look deeper than a rebuilding year

You stay classy San Diego!

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Celina score again with 18 seconds left. 42-19. Went for 2 and failed. Celina has 396 yards in the game but not enough scoring. Again tip of the hat to Henderson. Hope you win it all!

Txbroadcaster
11-25-2011, 09:27 PM
We left at 35-0

Elliot is going to be a STUD..kid has a cannon and can throw on the run

I was expecting to see this speed I heard about from Celina and well..If this is a fast Celina team then Henderson might be the fastest team in state...the seperation they got on the big plays were huge. ..If Celina had played mistake free I think they put up 21 points or so, but I still think Henderson would have won, just to fast and quick tonight...The Celina O-line was getting Elliot killed..they did good on inside the tackles, but again the RB could not seperate from the LBs on a few plays that if he makes him miss it goes from 4 yard gain to 15+

And When Henderson got to the ball carrier they were bringing the wood, great tackling and hard arse hits time after time after time

Barnes for Henderson hurt his ankle, hopefully nothing to bad going into next week..His deep ball on the rollout throw to the post was one of the prettiest throw I have seen all year.

Henderson played 10000% better on O-line and D-line and have fixed some things since Carthage..they now have reasserted themselves as a D1 contender in my mind

Bullaholic
11-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Congrats to Henderson. I really thought Celina had it together enough to take this one. Looks like Henderson is the one that has it together---again. Henderson vs Alvarado ought to be a dandy.

alpha42
11-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Left at 35-0. Henderson was much faster and did a better job of finishing drives and capitalizing on turnovers. Hard to believe Celina had a track team out there. Hope the Henderson qb will be okay.

bobcat4life
11-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Left at 35-0. Henderson was much faster and did a better job of finishing drives and capitalizing on turnovers. Hard to believe Celina had a track team out there. Hope the Henderson qb will be okay.

He played in the second half so I think he will be. Henderson was just too athletic. Congrats to them on the win and they have improved a lot since earlier in the year. They will be tough for anyone to beat when they are rolling

cowboyandchrist
11-25-2011, 11:32 PM
Congrats to Henderson. I really thought Celina had it together enough to take this one. Looks like Henderson is the one that has it together---again. Henderson vs Alvarado ought to be a dandy.
Now we will see if Alvarado can handle the second fastest team in East Texas. It should be a battle. Pulling for the Lions. Henderson keep the speed from the East on track for another show down with Chapell Hill. We need to keep the trophy in East Texas. Gilmer has your back in the DII.

cowboyandchrist
11-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Celina fans that posted on Smoaky, I would not go over there, they are waiting for you after all the smack talk ya'll laid down.

catgut
11-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Paris ended up 9-2 and the two losses were to these two teams so I saw both teams play. Both schools have outstanding teams. I thought it would be a closer game than this but thought Henderson's strength was their line on both sides of the ball. Celina's line was big and great but Henderson just seemed to be a little better in my opinion. Celina will have a great quarterback for the next couple of years. Great season for both teams. I hope we can continue to play Celina for the next few years. It's always better to play great teams. Great season Celina. Henderson, I hope you go on and win it all.

LionFan72
11-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Congrats to Henderson on a big win, I sure was surprised by the score, but I guess the soft schedule of Celina kinda set the pace for the season. Good season for a young Celina team, nothing to hang your heads about. Next year!!!!!!

WildTexan972
11-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Congrats to Henderson on a big win, I sure was surprised by the score, but I guess the soft schedule of Celina kinda set the pace for the season. Good season for a young Celina team, nothing to hang your heads about. Next year!!!!!!

the schedule had nothing to do with this game fool....a freshman qb puts the ball on the ground - td

a punt return with only 10 players on the field - td

a long pass with the deep safety sleeping and not keeping up - td

a hurt Lion QB brings in a wildcat formation that only runs the ball and the defense does not make ANY adjustments - td

it was a game Henderson deserved to win and they did.....but the ugly maroon could not have beaten this Celina team so what of the previous schedule would you use for an excuse then?

orange machine
11-26-2011, 12:46 PM
I tend to agree that the schedule is to soft. Celina didn't play anybody with that kind of speed or athletes and it hurt them. I'm not saying that's the only reason they lost, but it was a contributing factor.

Something else I noticed last night was the power running game doesn't work at this level of play anymore when you have a defense that is so fast and swarms to the ball. When Celina lined up in the spread and allowed the Qb to make plays it worked much better. Spreading it out appears to be the thing to do if you want to have a chance at winning.

Also Nathan Elliot did a fantastic job last night and became a man. There were times I was worried he wouldn't get up, but he did for those who don't know the Celina qb should only be an 8th grader. He is going to be special and Celina has the talent around him to win a title, but changes I think have to be made on the offense.

sandbagger
11-26-2011, 01:23 PM
I tend to agree that the schedule is to soft. Celina didn't play anybody with that kind of speed or athletes and it hurt them. I'm not saying that's the only reason they lost, but it was a contributing factor.

Something else I noticed last night was the power running game doesn't work at this level of play anymore when you have a defense that is so fast and swarms to the ball. When Celina lined up in the spread and allowed the Qb to make plays it worked much better. Spreading it out appears to be the thing to do if you want to have a chance at winning.

Also Nathan Elliot did a fantastic job last night and became a man. There were times I was worried he wouldn't get up, but he did for those who don't know the Celina qb should only be an 8th grader. He is going to be special and Celina has the talent around him to win a title, but changes I think have to be made on the offense.
I agree but not sure celina has enough athletes to run spread at the next level. If they do they should have been able to defend the spread better.

orange machine
11-26-2011, 01:52 PM
I agree but not sure celina has enough athletes to run spread at the next level. If they do they should have been able to defend the spread better.
They have enough athletes, when they ran it last night they had sucsses with it. Their are plenty of skilled position players to run it they need to make it their primary offense and stick with it. The qb is perfect for the spread he can thrown and run at a high level. He is probably the first qb Celina has had that has all the tools to run it.

BwdLion73
11-26-2011, 03:44 PM
the schedule had nothing to do with this game fool....a freshman qb puts the ball on the ground - td

a hurt Lion QB brings in a wildcat formation that only runs the ball and the defense does not make ANY adjustments - td

it was a game Henderson deserved to win and they did.....but the ugly maroon could not have beaten this Celina team so what of the previous schedule would you use for an excuse then?

:dispntd:

gomeangreen
11-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Power offence will work if you stay with it-you run at speed-something that was hardly done last night you are not going to beat them to the corners--when you try to run the spread/power/7on7 offences as a mix it will not work-Celina only had success with the spread against Hendersons second and third team D.

No matter what they decide to run they need to stay with it and commit to it--not the terrible/panic driven inconsist play calls that have gone on the last 3 yrs

Nathan will be a good player with age--He played a good game to say fantastic might be over the top--He did show alot of glimpses of what he could be again age and maturity will help

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 07:59 PM

:dispntd:Every village has one.

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Power offence will work if you stay with it-you run at speed-something that was hardly done last night you are not going to beat them to the corners--when you try to run the spread/power/7on7 offences as a mix it will not work-Celina only had success with the spread against Hendersons second and third team D.

No matter what they decide to run they need to stay with it and commit to it--not the terrible/panic driven inconsist play calls that have gone on the last 3 yrs

Nathan will be a good player with age--He played a good game to say fantastic might be over the top--He did show alot of glimpses of what he could be again age and maturity will helpI agree that you run at speed or that is what I was taught. I know running to the edges doesn't work on an speed defense and did not work last night. I think has the athletes to run the spread coming up from the freshman class (Nathan's class). Just so everyone knows he just celebrated his 15th birthday. Kid is a absolute stud! I'm excited for the next 3 years. I personally think they went further than I thought they would at the first of the year. I picked them to win state in my bracket because I am a homer.:wave:

orange machine
11-26-2011, 10:53 PM
I agree that Celina needs to find their identity on offense whatever that may be. What I've seen is teams bringing 8, 9 and 10 players in the box to shut down Celina's run game. That's why I said they need to move to the spread and get the defense out of the box.

As far as Nathan I thought he played a fantastic game, he took some big time hit by holding onto the ball trying to make something happen to get his team back in it. Nobody can fault him for that Nathan did his part and I think any team no matter what classification would love for him to be their qb. Celina's defense will be very good next year. The offense has holes to feel at the runningback spots and 2 olinemen. The backfield next year I think is pretty much set, but the oline will need to be overhauled.

buckeyebob
11-27-2011, 07:42 AM

We ran the powerr running game against the Lions in district play...we are now 13-0...kinda blows the Spread Deal (and the Bux know how to run a Spread)

buckeyebob
11-27-2011, 07:48 AM
I agree that you run at speed or that is what I was taught. I know running to the edges doesn't work on an speed defense and did not work last night. I think has the athletes to run the spread coming up from the freshman class (Nathan's class). Just so everyone knows he just celebrated his 15th birthday. Kid is a absolute stud! I'm excited for the next 3 years. I personally think they went further than I thought they would at the first of the year. I picked them to win state in my bracket because I am a homer.:wave:

I can suggest something that would improve Celina's game...pre-season with the Buxs...we would love it...we have not played since '03...it is a new alignment year & we are always looking for a hard pre-season...Buckeyes & Bobcats...kinda has a ring to it...and we will be gentle.

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 08:12 AM
I can suggest something that would improve Celina's game...pre-season with the Buxs...we would love it...we have not played since '03...it is a new alignment year & we are always looking for a hard pre-season...Buckeyes & Bobcats...kinda has a ring to it...and we will be gentle.I don't get to make those choices but it sounds good to me. Gentleness not needed.

orange machine
11-27-2011, 11:52 AM
We ran the powerr running game against the Lions in district play...we are now 13-0...kinda blows the Spread Deal (and the Bux know how to run a Spread)
Y'all ran out of the spread/pistol formation it wasnt your normal put the qb under center with 2 or 3 backs and try to plow over the defense.

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Gilmer vs Celina pre-district??

Absolutely!!!! I love it!! These are the kinds of games both of these teams need to be playing!!:iagree:

orange machine
11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Gilmer vs Celina pre-district??

Absolutely!!!! I love it!! These are the kinds of games both of these teams need to be playing!!:iagree:
I agree also

WildTexan972
11-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Every village has one.

prove me wrong halfwit.....you can't....so YOU must be the fool....

as for schedule.....the last round of schedules had Celina playing Dangerfield and losing twice and Whitehouse and splitting and how did that help them in the playoffs? Prove that one wrong too there nitwit....

fact is the offense was driving mostly up the middle with a power game until the frshman dropped the ball and put Celina down 14....that was just a simple error that Henderson brought back - not a major problem with the young QB, but from Celina if Celina drives back down and it goes 14-7 the game could have been different, but the passing game fired up and that defense was WAY better than the Celina passing game.....prove THAT wrong nitwit.....the late 4th qtr success was against some backups and with a 4 score lead hardly worried the Lions, so all you fools thinking Celina showed they could have had pass success are riding short buses....

Celina showed early around the mistakes they could play well with Henderson, but after the panic and with continued mistakes it was not to be....go ahead brilliant football man - prove me wrong.....you Celina QB Club know it alls that get the weekly speech from the coach THINK you are in the know, but if you ever took the time to WATCH the details of the game you would have ACTUAL results to gauge from and not just the speech from Thursday to make you all feel like you are insiders.....oh yes, and 33 - he had a terrible game but since he is considered so much of the Celina speed package they kept him in there way too much - he lined up wrong several times, he only had a few decent runs, and he was not any faster than any of the defenders coming at him.....Celina has some speed players, but Henderson had 7 guys on defense that could outrun or flat run with anyone in orange....when Watson got the INT that number 1 kid from Henderson closed on Preston like he was strollin in the park - marked difference in speed there....go watch the tape on Thursday and just prove me wrong chief......

most villages have a fool alright....in Celina we call our group of them the qb club since they get to eat breakfast and be "insiders" and most can't think for themselves....

all in all this team had a great season and that qb was greatness for his age - he has a bright future and there are young skill players coming up that can help.....dropping back down next year to D2 won't hurt much either....

CMETILT
11-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Please don't say Celina was running a spread offense. It was far from it. Yet again, offensive coaching killed Celina. Why run roll out passes on EVERY pass play? Our 4th grade could have defending it. Not once did we attempt to throw a pass across the middle of the field. Not once did we run a bootleg or bootleg pass. This after running it a dozen times against Lovejoy. It was down right embarrassing. The talent that Nathan Elliott has will never be realized until his father changes his play calling....or better yet, change the offense all together. The young QB made some critical mistakes, but I don't fault him. That's all part of the experience and what you get when starting a 14 year old. He will only get better. I just hope his father does too.

Congrats to Henderson. Well played and good luck with Alvarado.

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 06:45 PM

as for schedule.....the last round of schedules had Celina playing Dangerfield and losing twice and Whitehouse and splitting and how did that help them in the playoffs? Prove that one wrong too there nitwit....

fact is the offense was driving mostly up the middle with a power game until the frshman dropped the ball and put Celina down 14....that was just a simple error that Henderson brought back - not a major problem with the young QB, but from Celina if Celina drives back down and it goes 14-7 the game could have been different, but the passing game fired up and that defense was WAY better than the Celina passing game.....prove THAT wrong nitwit.....the late 4th qtr success was against some backups and with a 4 score lead hardly worried the Lions, so all you fools thinking Celina showed they could have had pass success are riding short buses....

Celina showed early around the mistakes they could play well with Henderson, but after the panic and with continued mistakes it was not to be....go ahead brilliant football man - prove me wrong.....you Celina QB Club know it alls that get the weekly speech from the coach THINK you are in the know, but if you ever took the time to WATCH the details of the game you would have ACTUAL results to gauge from and not just the speech from Thursday to make you all feel like you are insiders.....oh yes, and 33 - he had a terrible game but since he is considered so much of the Celina speed package they kept him in there way too much - he lined up wrong several times, he only had a few decent runs, and he was not any faster than any of the defenders coming at him.....Celina has some speed players, but Henderson had 7 guys on defense that could outrun or flat run with anyone in orange....when Watson got the INT that number 1 kid from Henderson closed on Preston like he was strollin in the park - marked difference in speed there....go watch the tape on Thursday and just prove me wrong chief......

most villages have a fool alright....in Celina we call our group of them the qb club since they get to eat breakfast and be "insiders" and most can't think for themselves....

all in all this team had a great season and that qb was greatness for his age - he has a bright future and there are young skill players coming up that can help.....dropping back down next year to D2 won't hurt much either....Nitwit? lmao at you Mr 5' 6" Band Assistant Dad. FYI I haven't been to the QB club breakfast in 4 years now except one time back in 2008. I don't get my info from the coaches. I make my deductions from what I know and see. You on the other hand hear the griping and complaining from other dads like you. My comment about every village having one was directed at this comment "but the ugly maroon could not have beaten this Celina team so what of the previous schedule would you use for an excuse then?" Sounded like Henderson won and deserved but no other team could have against won Celina. You run that head like the do all end all of football and have zero class and give everyone else a reason to take potshots at Celina or their coaches. Seems like you must have an axe to grind with the coaches. (Does your little Johnny not get playing time) Instead of hiding behind the keyboard why don't you go tell them what you think in person. Didn't think you would....................

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Please don't say Celina was running a spread offense. It was far from it. Yet again, offensive coaching killed Celina. Why run roll out passes on EVERY pass play? Our 4th grade could have defending it. Not once did we attempt to throw a pass across the middle of the field. Not once did we run a bootleg or bootleg pass. This after running it a dozen times against Lovejoy. It was down right embarrassing. The talent that Nathan Elliott has will never be realized until his father changes his play calling....or better yet, change the offense all together. The young QB made some critical mistakes, but I don't fault him. That's all part of the experience and what you get when starting a 14 year old. He will only get better. I just hope his father does too.

Congrats to Henderson. Well played and good luck with Alvarado.I think that change of offense altogether may come but remember Nathan was not the starter at the first of this season. Common sense tells me revamping mid-season might not have been the best thing to do. To run the spread you have to have the right kids and timing is critical. Timing takes practice. Bill will be fine and Nathan will succeed and I am thinking it might just happen next year. Who knows? We'll see next year.

OldNavy
11-27-2011, 06:56 PM

all in all this team had a great season and that qb was greatness for his age - he has a bright future and there are young skill players coming up that can help.....dropping back down next year to D2 won't hurt much either....

I could be wrong, but I think he wasn't talking about your football knowledge, I think he was talking about the rude, insulting, condecending, know-it-all and nasty way you treat people. I guess I just don't see the point in trying to be offensive when you might have something people might otherwise find interesting. I am sure Bobcat1 will correct me if I'm wrong.

As for assuming the entire QB Club is represented by someone you assume to be a member and disagree with, that makes no more sense than people assuming you represent all of Celina because you happen to live there. As for insulting the Celina Coaches, you should look around the state and see if you can find better group of men to come and build a program like Celina's. I am sure you will have no problem and we all will benefit.
I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 07:37 PM
I could be wrong, but I think he wasn't talking about your football knowledge, I think he was talking about the rude, insulting, condecending, know-it-all and nasty way you treat people. I guess I just don't see the point in trying to be offensive when you might have something people might otherwise find interesting. I am sure Bobcat1 will correct me if I'm wrong.

As for assuming the entire QB Club is represented by someone you assume to be a member and disagree with, that makes no more sense than people assuming you represent all of Celina because you happen to live there. As for insulting the Celina Coaches, you should look around the state and see if you can find better group of men to come and build a program like Celina's. I am sure you will have no problem and we all will benefit.
I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2363/hammernail.jpg

LionFan72
11-27-2011, 08:15 PM

It clearly appears to me someone woke up Saturday morning with their panties in a wad! For someone to be so condencending and bashing the coaches, must have an axe to grind. Your astute observations have little to do with the quality of opponent you faced, dude, you gotta give credit where credit is due. And you might want to get the tweezeers out to make sure you grab the right string!!!LMAO, you have one of the finest coaching staffs in the state.

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Nitwit? lmao at you Mr 5' 6" Band Assistant Dad.
I literally spit diet pepsi all over my monitor!!! ROFLMAO

marler1972
11-27-2011, 09:29 PM
WHo is the mr wildtexan? Please tell me

Buckeye80
11-27-2011, 09:35 PM
WHo is the mr wildtexan? Please tell me

I have no idea who he is but Bobcat1 just became my best friend in Celina!!! That was freakin hilarious!! :D

marler1972
11-27-2011, 09:38 PM
I have no idea who he is but Bobcat1 just became my best friend in Celina!!! That was freakin hilarious!! :D

I am hoping one of the other Celina guys knows and will let me know.

bobcat4life
11-27-2011, 09:43 PM

So now that we've gone 3 years without appearing in a state game y'all want to completely change the offense? I agree that we don't have to roll out on every single pass play but we don't need to change the offense that has won us more state championships than anybody else in Texas High School football. Henderson was just flat better than us and had too many athletes. Just move on and let the coaches start working towards next year. They are some of the best in the state and they know what they need to work on to continue to have success in the next couple of years.

We had a great year when you think about the fact that we lost alot from last year and had a freshman quarterback. I am very excited for the next couple of years because Nathan Elliott is going to be a stud.

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 09:43 PM
I am hoping one of the other Celina guys knows and will let me know. I know who he is and he knows it. The coaches also know who he is.

LionFan72
11-27-2011, 10:05 PM
I know who he is and he knows it. The coaches also know who he is.
Go easy on him, Bobcat1, sure his mommy already put him to bed after his delusions of grandieur! From the sounds of his fingers on the keyboard, sounds as if he surely played 5th seat flute in the championship band.

LionFan72
11-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Really sorry for you guys early exit this year, but there are big props for the fine season with a young team! Maybe we can still arrange a little lion-bobcat skirmish down the line, think the cash coffers would be filled as well as the stadium. I was hoping for a Celina upset just because. Coming to a field near you, the 2012 Celina Bobcats! Good luck!

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 10:09 PM
go easy on him, bobcat1, sure his mommy already put him to bed after his delusions of grandieur! From the sounds of his fingers on the keyboard, sounds as if he surely played 5th seat flute in the championship band.lmao!

bobcat1
11-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Really sorry for you guys early exit this year, but there are big props for the fine season with a young team! Maybe we can still arrange a little lion-bobcat skirmish down the line, think the cash coffers would be filled as well as the stadium. I was hoping for a Celina upset just because. Coming to a field near you, the 2012 Celina Bobcats! Good luck!Back at the Lions as well.:2thumbsup

regaleagle
11-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Everything will be different next year in 3A for all of us.. Celina will more than likely move to a tougher district with us(Argyle,Sanger,Gainesville), and then you have to look at what will happen in East Texas. The whole enchilada will be different for everybody next year, so there's no point forecasting anything until we get the official new realignment in place. Good Season to our HIGHLY RESPECTED neighbors, the CELINA BOBCATS.

orange machine
11-28-2011, 12:04 AM
I think the offense Celina runs which seems to be a few different things is fine, but I believe when playing the faster defenses like Henderson spreading it out would be best. Either way the coaches know more than me I'm just a fan, but I do agree with Lion72 that Celina has one of the best coaching staffs in Tx. It would be awesome to see Brownwood and Gilmer on the schedule next year!!!!!

buckeyebob
11-28-2011, 03:16 AM
Y'all ran out of the spread/pistol formation it wasnt your normal put the qb under center with 2 or 3 backs and try to plow over the defense.

But we stuffed it down their throat with a bevey of running backs...& we do have a bevey this year

Old&Crusty
11-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Celina is faster this year than they have been in several years. Elliott exceeded my expectations and probably everyone elses. But what I saw that made the difference in this game was the O and D lines as well as tackling. Henderson looked like a team that can go all the way. I'm not saying they will, but Henderson looked like Celina did during the years they went to the state game and the years Celina won state. I figured this might be our last game of the season, got booed by my friends for even thinking that, but did not expect the loss to be so one sided. Henderson is well coached & conditioned.

bobcat1
11-30-2011, 07:19 PM
It clearly appears to me someone woke up Saturday morning with their panties in a wad! For someone to be so condencending and bashing the coaches, must have an axe to grind. Your astute observations have little to do with the quality of opponent you faced, dude, you gotta give credit where credit is due. And you might want to get the tweezeers out to make sure you grab the right string!!!LMAO, you have one of the finest coaching staffs in the state.http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/lmao.gif Oh believe me that pipsqueak has an axe to grind. (Little Johnny did not get much playing time and the city built the sidewalk to close to his arse) Heck my son didn't get much playing time either but you will never hear me do anything but praise the coaches at Celina. Good men one and all! It wasn't their fault my son didn't get to play. He had the same opportunity as the other kids that EARNED the right to play. So go ahead WildTexan pick apart the town, coaches, kids, whatever you want. They by now all probably have figured you out. See ya around Shorty.

RPF2666
11-30-2011, 08:00 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/lmao.gif Oh believe me that pipsqueak has an axe to grind. (Little Johnny did not get much playing time and the city built the sidewalk to close to his arse) Heck my son didn't get much playing time either but you will never hear me do anything but praise the coaches at Celina. Good men one and all! It wasn't their fault my son didn't get to play. He had the same opportunity as the other kids that EARNED the right to play. So go ahead WildTexan pick apart the town, coaches, kids, whatever you want. They by now all probably have figured you out. See ya around Shorty.

:iagree: