1. Hillsboro
2. Gatesville
3. China Spring
4. Connally
5. LaVega
6. Robinson
7. Whitney
8. West

* Look for Whitney to win their first district game in years!

QBKilla
06-20-2002, 02:37 PM
I think in 21-3a the 2-5 spots will be up for grabs. H-J looks like the favorite to be runner-up in my opinion. Even though they lost a very good QB in Pat McKellar, I feel they will still be fairly talented. Bridge City should run through District unscathed with maybe a good game here or there. And in 22-3a I think Liberty will probably be a little better than most think. They might even make the playoffs. But the rest of the picks look pretty solid.

[This message has been edited by QBKilla (edited June 20, 2002).]

BH_146
06-20-2002, 03:11 PM
In 21-3A, Hamshire-Fannett and Hardin-Jefferson better pay close attention to Anahuac. Anahuac played well last year under a new coach. Supposedly, they have several young, talented players coming up. It will be interesting to see how H-J performs this year. Though they have battled us well these past years, by the time we played them last year they were struggling with their sub-varsity teams. Our JV team defeated them 49-0 and they did not field a freshmen team. Not good for the largest team in the district. You probably have H-F right where they should be but with a new coach things could be unsettling. Should be an interesting fight for the second and third place finishes in that district.

RBARKER
06-20-2002, 08:38 PM
Well, I have heard a lot of talk on here last year about how Bridge City would beat BH if they would play. If Cleveland stays out of the top three, this match up will finally take place. This should be a great game! I hope it will play out the way Matthew predicts so we all will know who has the best team. Good luck to BH and BC in the upcoming season.