PDA

View Full Version : Ndamukong Suh

Bullaholic
11-25-2011, 12:58 PM
In trouble again for stomping a Packer lineman. Hard to imagine a player with his ability and intelligence letting himself stoop to such a low level of play. Seems almost like a "steroid rage" to me, and I have nothing to base that on, other than the random violence of his actions over the last year. I think he is going to be up their with Bill Romanowski if he continues his present course.

http://nfl.si.com/2011/11/24/ndamukong-suh-ejected-for-stomping-on-packers-lineman/?hpt=hp_t3

Roughneck93
11-25-2011, 01:17 PM
What a punk this guy is. His explanation of the entire thing was just as bad too. Fine and suspension for sure.

SintonPirateFan
11-25-2011, 01:18 PM
at least he's still making bo pelini proud...

Bullaholic
11-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Oops...should be "there" instead of "their". I waited too long to edit. Yes--I am a card-carrying member of the spelling/grammar police for my own posts...:D

LIONS#1
11-25-2011, 01:22 PM
The guy is an IDIOT!!!LMAO all that Talent and nothing between the ears...LOL

Bullaholic
11-25-2011, 01:22 PM
What a punk this guy is. His explanation of the entire thing was just as bad too. Fine and suspension for sure.

Yes--the explanation was very lame. Kind of like a drunk claiming they were not intoxicated until they are shown the police car video footage, except Suh was too arrogant to admit guilt, even after seeing it.

Bullaholic
11-25-2011, 01:25 PM
The guy is an IDIOT!!!LMAO all that Talent and nothing between the ears...LOL

That's the puzzling part. Suh is a well spoken academic who can't play the ignorance card. Of course, ignorance comes in many forms.

shamu85
11-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Shannon Sharp had a pretty funny reply to Suh's excuses.

Suh is gonna run up against a Carl Mauck/Conrad Dobler type O lineman one day and get his jaw jacked. And I'm gonna laaaauuuuughhhh.

Buff42
11-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Oops...should be "there" instead of "their". I waited too long to edit. Yes--I am a card-carrying member of the spelling/grammar police for my own posts...:D

Thanks for catching that, Bull. I'm on the job, too, so to speak, and I was just debating whether to correct you or not. Too funny!

As for Suh, what a waste he has become. Contrast him with Von Miller at Denver.

yellaseeker
11-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Three letters to discribe this guy................ P.O.S.!!!!!

Trench Warrior
11-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Is a 2 game suspension enought for Suh, and will it keep him from his dirty play?

BwdLion73
11-29-2011, 11:12 AM
It will for 2 games.:)

OLE'BULL
11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
NOT AT ALL. He has established a pattern of gutter trash behavior and there is no room in the sport for it. I dont care how good he is. I, personally, hate the guy with a passion. He is whats wrong with the NFL...

Old Tiger
11-29-2011, 11:26 AM
1 for the act and 1 for the dumbass explination.

StangEm
11-29-2011, 11:35 AM
1 for the act and 1 for the dumbass explination.

My thoughts exactly.....

Money messes with a man's mind doesn't it?

Maroon87
11-29-2011, 11:40 AM
You play how you are coached to play. End of story. Funny how I can't remember anything like this from Suh at Nebraska...

Trench Warrior
11-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I can agree with it being coaching, or at the very least they are not reigning him in. He was a stud on the field at Nebraska, and laid some huge hits, but not dirty.

NastySlot
11-29-2011, 11:48 AM
You play how you are coached to play. End of story. Funny how I can't remember anything like this from Suh at Nebraska...

your in Kansas now? I watched Olathe South v. Wichita Heights play on the tube the other night.......catch and games? I've heard that small school football in Kansas is pretty good...........esp 8 man.

excuse me for hijacking the post.......sorry

TheDOCTORdre
11-29-2011, 11:56 AM
NOT AT ALL. He has established a pattern of gutter trash behavior and there is no room in the sport for it. I dont care how good he is. I, personally, hate the guy with a passion. He is whats wrong with the NFL...

Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel:D

playnhurt
11-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Looks like the NFL is getting soft! He should of been suspended for the remainder of the season and required to attend anger management classes before being reinstated.

OldNavy
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Looks like the NFL is getting soft! He should of been suspended for the remainder of the season and required to attend anger management classes before being reinstated.

I agree, although the suspension should have started after her served his term for agravated assalt. Why do we let things go when we buy tickets to see them that we would not let go if it happened in a bar or in a grocery store? Stomping an opponent is not part of the game any more than stealing his wrist watch or clubbing him with a helmet. Of course I am a huge fan of MMA, so beating someone up is OK if it is sanctioned by a state rule making body, doctors are present, and of course, you sell tickets.

Farmersfan
11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
I agree, although the suspension should have started after her served his term for agravated assalt. Why do we let things go when we buy tickets to see them that we would not let go if it happened in a bar or in a grocery store? Stomping an opponent is not part of the game any more than stealing his wrist watch or clubbing him with a helmet. Of course I am a huge fan of MMA, so beating someone up is OK if it is sanctioned by a state rule making body, doctors are present, and of course, you sell tickets.

Yea, we certainly don't want to taint the purity and decency of the game of Professional football with violence!!!! :crazy::crazy:

OLE'BULL
11-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel:D

I thought that was holding back??? :mad:

OldNavy
11-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Yea, we certainly don't want to taint the purity and decency of the game of Professional football with violence!!!! :crazy::crazy:

So, is any violence as a result of emotional play ok with you or is there a limit? I don't understand the meaning of the crazy emoticon.

Maroon87
11-29-2011, 05:30 PM
your in Kansas now? I watched Olathe South v. Wichita Heights play on the tube the other night.......catch and games? I've heard that small school football in Kansas is pretty good...........esp 8 man.

excuse me for hijacking the post.......sorry

LOL nope haven't made it out to any games yet, but yeah there are some pretty good teams here. Maybe next season I will be off nights so I can go.

'Necks 2013-14
11-29-2011, 07:58 PM
"I didn't stomp, I was trying to get away forcefully." Uh....Yea..right. That's right up there with "I did not have sex with that woman." and "I tried it but never inhaled." At one time I liked this guy but now it seems he is a real jack-hole.

warpig
11-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Suh is pure garbage. I don't care if that schmuck ever plays again.

Phil C
11-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Maybe the Curse has been extended. :(

Buckeye1980
11-30-2011, 05:54 AM
I think he is a product of his enviroment. Jus think about bitterness that was bottles up during the time he spent in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Trashman
11-30-2011, 06:08 AM
two game suspension is not enough......:twitch:

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2011, 07:40 AM
I think Suh should embrace the role and quit trying to act like he is a good guy on the field( BTW from everything I see he IS a good guy off of the field)..but on field, be the bad guy, be the enforcer and dont care what people say

Farmersfan
11-30-2011, 08:16 AM
I think Suh should embrace the role and quit trying to act like he is a good guy on the field( BTW from everything I see he IS a good guy off of the field)..but on field, be the bad guy, be the enforcer and dont care what people say

He gets paid millions of dollars to be a beast but let that beast mentality spill over after the whistle and people act like he is the scum of the earth! A lot of people expect the on/off switch to be a better on these guys and sometimes it isn't. I don't condone the act one bit and think he deserves to be punished but let's all back up the OMG train a little bit................

raider red 2000
11-30-2011, 08:28 AM

i totally agree....

The NFL is getting too soft. Maybe someday they will take the facemasks off the helmets and let em be bad guys like the stories of the Raiders from the past.

Football players dont need to be alter boys.

OldNavy
11-30-2011, 08:35 AM

He gets paid millions of dollars to be a beast but let that beast mentality spill over after the whistle and people act like he is the scum of the earth! A lot of people expect the on/off switch to be a better on these guys and sometimes it isn't. I don't condone the act one bit and think he deserves to be punished but let's all back up the OMG train a little bit................

Sorry folks, but I disagree with you. TXB, enforce what, sprotsmanship and professionalism or intimadation and fear? Farmersfan, you are real quick to jump on Romo for a lack of professionalism and good judgement, but this is OK? This is not how I want my grand kids to think the game is to be played. I expect a highly paid professional to be just that. Too often it is not happening. You may back up the OMG train if you want, but when do you stop it? After someone is seriously injured because a professional can't control his emotions. I am sorry, but stomping someone before or after the whistle is wrong. If that train is OK with you, I will just take another train. I am about done with the NFL as it it. It is pretty rapidly not representing the things I value in the SPORT of football.

defense51
11-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Bottom line- Ndamukong Suh is a bonehead.

raider red 2000
11-30-2011, 12:07 PM
i would rather see a guy like suh do things like that than see the "all about me" end zone dances.

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Sorry folks, but I disagree with you. TXB, enforce what, sprotsmanship and professionalism or intimadation and fear? Farmersfan, you are real quick to jump on Romo for a lack of professionalism and good judgement, but this is OK? This is not how I want my grand kids to think the game is to be played. I expect a highly paid professional to be just that. Too often it is not happening. You may back up the OMG train if you want, but when do you stop it? After someone is seriously injured because a professional can't control his emotions. I am sorry, but stomping someone before or after the whistle is wrong. If that train is OK with you, I will just take another train. I am about done with the NFL as it it. It is pretty rapidly not representing the things I value in the SPORT of football.
I am sorry...I did not meant to say what Suh did is right.I just said he should just embrace what people say he is because it will give him an edge

raider red 2000
11-30-2011, 12:33 PM
If my next born is a boy, I want to name him Suh.

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2011, 12:41 PM
:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2011, 12:45 PM
:rolleyes:

regaleagle
11-30-2011, 03:05 PM
I agree with Old Navy. These 'Primadonas' are waaaayyy too self-centered for my tastes, nowadays. They earn so much $$$ playing a game that they are out of touch with reality. Where do they think their payday is derived from? Now, they are many athletes that do give back to the fans, the communities, and charities. That is to be applauded. Just look at the sport of golf, and what it does for 'good' almost weekly in each tournament. And look how most of those touring pros conduct themselves as a group. The NFL is full of "thugs". Too bad, but that's what is being reflected on a weekly basis.

Phil C
11-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Another victim of society. :(

WC/LG92
11-30-2011, 03:20 PM
In trouble again for stomping a Packer lineman. Hard to imagine a player with his ability and intelligence letting himself stoop to such a low level of play. Seems almost like a "steroid rage" to me, and I have nothing to base that on, other than the random violence of his actions over the last year. I think he is going to be up their with Bill Romanowski if he continues his present course.

http://nfl.si.com/2011/11/24/ndamukong-suh-ejected-for-stomping-on-packers-lineman/?hpt=hp_t3

He's an idiot. At the end of the day - He hurt his team on the play (Packer's gained a 1st down which resulted into a score shortly after; strike that TD from the final 27-15 score and we have ourselves a ballgame Triggers!) ... and at week's end he continues to hurt his squad because of his suspension. There's no way to explain yourself out of hurting your team because of poor decision & field play.

But wait...he did play at Neck-'aha...so what do you expect?

"I was only trying to get my balance back." - Ndamukong Suh

Farmersfan
11-30-2011, 04:24 PM

Can't disagree with most of what you said. I never said this was ok. I said the reaction of people about this is puzzling. And I think you are guilty of some major nostalgia about the NFL. The modern day NFL is 100X more civil and the players exhibit way more sportsmanship than they use to. The greatest players in the game were some of the meanest and dirtiest players you could imagine. What Suh did happens perhaps once a season these days but it was a every sunday ordeal back in the 60's........

yellaseeker
11-30-2011, 08:58 PM

That's easy to explain, he wasn't making a seven digit salary in Nebraska. And, college players know that kind of behavior is not a good avenue to take to make it to the NFL.

yellaseeker
11-30-2011, 09:01 PM
:iagree:

yellaseeker
11-30-2011, 09:11 PM
i would rather see a guy like suh do things like that than see the "all about me" end zone dances.

:crazy:

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2011, 09:20 PM
I just find it odd people act like he is what is wrong with NFL...hell players like Lambert, Meane Joe Greene, Dick Night Trane Lane, Conrad Dobler, Jack Tatum, the whole secondary of the Raiders in the 70's( hell the whole defense lol) did things like this and far worse..and peopl always say NFL is wussified now yet act like he comitted a murder

yellaseeker
11-30-2011, 10:25 PM
I just find it odd people act like he is what is wrong with NFL...hell players like Lambert, Meane Joe Greene, Dick Night Trane Lane, Conrad Dobler, Jack Tatum, the whole secondary of the Raiders in the 70's( hell the whole defense lol) did things like this and far worse..and peopl always say NFL is wussified now yet act like he comitted a murder

I understand what ur saying and remember watching some of those guys play. But that was a different day in time. Not that i didn't like it then or would not like it now but, the problem is, the rules were a little different then and that is how the game was played back then, therefore the ref's let it go and very seldom was it penalized. Now days, most players refrain from expressing that kind of behavior because they know they will get penalized and ultimately hurt their team and then you got jerks like this that push peoples buttons that are trying to play within the new softy rules. On that note, as long as stomping on someone is illegal for any player, then I think they ought to make an example out of his a$$. Besides, he didn't even have the intestinal fortitude to stand behing his actions so, his name doesn't deserve to be used in the same conversation with some of the greats you have mentioned.

Farmersfan
12-01-2011, 08:38 AM

right! We have another thread on here called something like the "Wussification of America" and everybody agree with it yet the most physical player in the most violent game on the planet gets a little over zealous and those same people are calling for a beheading! I get the fact that things are different now with all the rules in place to protect the players so will also agree that Suh needs punished to whatever extent is needed to insure he gets the message but, really, should we be surprised when something like this happens? Someone jokingly stated Suh was "another victim of society"! But reality says that he actually is! His aggressiveness and brutality has been rewarded his entire career. He has been given iconic status in this society because he has the demeanor that lets him physically dominate other players who are just as big and strong through brutality. The ironic part is society's reaction when that brutality and aggression suddenly isn't contained within the small window of legality that they have agreed to allow. If two hockey players get into a brawl at a bar they will be put in jail and people call them all kinds of misfit names yet they are not only allowed to fight in the games but they are actually EXPECTED to! If Brutality is such a bad thing that society cannot abide by it then it needs to be abolished........... COMPLETELY! Not just in select and subjective situations. OK, I'm done with my soapbox! "LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE"!!!!

Farmersfan
12-01-2011, 08:55 AM
I understand what ur saying and remember watching some of those guys play. But that was a different day in time. Not that i didn't like it then or would not like it now but, the problem is, the rules were a little different then and that is how the game was played back then, therefore the ref's let it go and very seldom was it penalized. Now days, most players refrain from expressing that kind of behavior because they know they will get penalized and ultimately hurt their team and then you got jerks like this that push peoples buttons that are trying to play within the new softy rules. On that note, as long as stomping on someone is illegal for any player, then I think they ought to make an example out of his a$$. Besides, he didn't even have the intestinal fortitude to stand behing his actions so, his name doesn't deserve to be used in the same conversation with some of the greats you have mentioned.

I'm pretty sure if you looked at unsportsman like conduct penalties now compared to 30 years ago you will see there are far, far less now. In the 60's and 70's the majority of 15 yarders were for brutal acts like late hits, punching and nut-knocking! These days most of them are for dances in the endzone! So again, all those ALL TIME GREAT players from the past hurt their teams probably much worst than they do these days. And a lot of people will tell you that Suh could be creating a culture within the Lion's lockerroom where they don't put up with no crap from anyone. Better to have players that dish it out instead of player that just take it. In answer to someone else's comments I would LOVE to see Tony Romo get into a fist fight or get in someone's face on the field. Anything to get rid of that quiet wussie who can't lead persona! Get in there and mix it up Tony!!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-01-2011, 09:58 AM
In answer to someone else's comments I would LOVE to see Tony Romo get into a fist fight or get in someone's face on the field. Anything to get rid of that quiet wussie who can't lead persona! Get in there and mix it up Tony!!!!!!!!

LOL I think that would be the worst thing a QB could do

Phil C
12-01-2011, 11:09 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdreZ3qKqs8

OldNavy
12-01-2011, 11:48 AM
http://www.behindthename.com/submit/name/ndamukong

A contributor to the link above says Ndamukong means "House of Spears".

Maybe it now means Donkey Stomp.

Farmersfan
12-01-2011, 01:34 PM
LOL I think that would be the worst thing a QB could do

You don't think it would fire up the other players if Romo put a defensive lineman in a headlock and gave him a Nolan Ryan????? :clap::cheerl:

Txbroadcaster
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
You don't think it would fire up the other players if Romo put a defensive lineman in a headlock and gave him a Nolan Ryan????? :clap::cheerl:

it would be funny yes..but no I dont..but now I want to see a QB do that just to see it done...or maybe Romo or Rodgers can stomp on someone then go straight to Tebowing

BwdLion73
12-01-2011, 02:03 PM
I think some are getting rough play mixed up with dirty play. Looking down at someone on the ground and stomping their arm is Dirty play to me.

Farmersfan
12-01-2011, 02:09 PM
I think some are getting rough play mixed up with dirty play. Looking down at someone on the ground and stomping their arm is Dirty play to me.

Is it dirty play to you because it's after the whistle or would it be regardless of when it happens? Because if you watch you will see a heck of lot worse go on during the play on the interior of those lines..................
I some of those older GREATS use to wear casts on their arms and club the other players senseless! And is this any better or worse than a player using the opponents throat to push themselves up off the ground? I see that even at the high school level. After the tackle one player will put his hands in the other players stomach, chest, throat or nads and use that for leverage to get off the ground. It happened when I played 1000 years ago and it happens today!

BwdLion73
12-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Looking down at someone on the ground and stomping their arm is dirty regardless of when the whistle blows.:ack!:

Farmersfan
12-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Looking down at someone on the ground and stomping their arm is dirty regardless of when the whistle blows.:ack!:

Actually if I remember correctly the stomp never even made contact! Or if it did it was very light and insignificant. The effort and intent was certainly there but the act was about the least harmful act a 300+lb man could do to another. If I were the other player I would be more angry with the pushing of his head into the turf than the half-hearted effort to stomp................

BwdLion73
12-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm sure there are things almost as bad or worse in the pile each play however you can't do that in plain site of the camera. lol

Think of a police officer who is in pursuit of a child molester and after a long chase catches him in the alley. Think he might land on him a little harder and thump a little to effect the arrest? Now put that same officer in the street after he drags him from the alley and while the offender is on the ground he stomps his arm...or near it with cameras rolling. Think the officer would get a two day suspension?

Farmersfan
12-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm sure there are things almost as bad or worse in the pile each play however you can't do that in plain site of the camera. lol

Think of a police officer who is in pursuit of a child molester and after a long chase catches him in the alley. Think he might land on him a little harder and thump a little to effect the arrest? Now put that same officer in the street after he drags him from the alley and while the offender is on the ground he stomps his arm...or near it with cameras rolling. Think the officer would get a two day suspension?

Right! So again I ask if it was "Dirty" because he got caught? Is the cop stomping the crook in the alley just as bad as the cop stomping the crook in the street with the camera on him? It's kind of like I have said many, many times about the reactions by people when a university is caught breaking the rules. Any intelligent person knows that to some extent they ALL break the rules so why do we act like our delicate sensibilites have been insulted when we hear about what the Ohio State players were doing. If you don't believe it happens at EVERY school then you are burying your head in the sand.

WC/LG92
12-01-2011, 04:35 PM
punching and nut-knocking!

Bahahahahahahaha!!! That.Is.An.Awesome Phrase!!

BwdLion73
12-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I dont know how many more ways I can say....it's dirty. Seen or not its wrong. But you have to get caught....O.J.!:)

yellaseeker
12-02-2011, 12:05 AM
I dont know how many more ways I can say....it's dirty. Seen or not its wrong. But you have to get caught....O.J.!:)

I don't see what the damn argument is either. It's dirty whether you get away with it or not. Whether it happened in the 60's or 2011. I realize it's football and hell i like it being aggressive and all out but, if it's a damn penalty then the playing field is not even for the guys trying to play within the rules to keep from hurting their team. You can see it in some guys face out there that they hold back when they want to knock the crap out of someone during a play or after. Owe and it tickled the crap out of me when nolan wrapped that guy in a headlock and warmed his head up. Farmersfan, we agree on liking the sport it use to be but i think you missed my point. Bottom line is, it is dirty and it is illegal and if a guy can't refrain from smashing a guys head in the ground and stomping on him to the point that he keeps getting penalized and fined, then he is no good to your team. At some point or another all players are gonna mix it up a little but a habitual offender has to be put in check. Hell, Tyson bit holyfields ear half off and they didn't let him get away with it and that sport is all about kicking each others a$$. Boy, aren't we all some opinionated a$$es. LOL!!

Farmersfan
12-02-2011, 09:38 AM
I don't see what the damn argument is either. It's dirty whether you get away with it or not. Whether it happened in the 60's or 2011. I realize it's football and hell i like it being aggressive and all out but, if it's a damn penalty then the playing field is not even for the guys trying to play within the rules to keep from hurting their team. You can see it in some guys face out there that they hold back when they want to knock the crap out of someone during a play or after. Owe and it tickled the crap out of me when nolan wrapped that guy in a headlock and warmed his head up. Farmersfan, we agree on liking the sport it use to be but i think you missed my point. Bottom line is, it is dirty and it is illegal and if a guy can't refrain from smashing a guys head in the ground and stomping on him to the point that he keeps getting penalized and fined, then he is no good to your team. At some point or another all players are gonna mix it up a little but a habitual offender has to be put in check. Hell, Tyson bit holyfields ear half off and they didn't let him get away with it and that sport is all about kicking each others a$$. Boy, aren't we all some opinionated a$$es. LOL!!

I think we all agree with this! This discussion has evolved into a discussion about people's reactions to these kinds of things rather than the actual act itself. (at least for me) I was simply trying to point out to those who act like this guy is the scum of the earth because he "Got caught" rather than because he did it! So essentually stomping someone's head during the play is just part of football but stomping the same head after the whistle makes them a scumbag................... I get it now! I think...................

I paid special attention to the O-line vs D-line in last night's NFL game and it is amazing thing things you will see if you focus on just the lines. I saw O-linemen intentionally falling on D-linemen with their knees and elbows! I saw D-linemen intentionally rolling into the legs of O-linemen! I saw players intentionally holding their arms, hands, knees, feet and other body parts right in the other players throats for as long as they could get away with it.... Although Suh's stomp is awful thing for him to do it certainly wasn't the worse thing to happen on that field during that game..........................

BTW: VINCE YOUNG will never be a quality QB in the NFL! NEVER!