PDA

View Full Version : Dallas vs Miami

Farmersfan
11-24-2011, 04:25 PM
All I can say is: Tony Romo!!!!!

coach
11-24-2011, 04:30 PM

All I can say is I am thankful that you are not related to me and I don't have to spend the say with you.

Farmersfan
11-24-2011, 04:30 PM

Since I am probably the only one on this forum I am going to vent! Romo has already thrown 2 midfield interceptions and then he took a 10 yard sack in stead of throwing the ball away. That guy kills his own team way too often!

Farmersfan
11-24-2011, 04:31 PM
All I can say is I am thankful that you are not related to me and I don't have to spend the say with you.

Yea, I don't need you in my house! One turkey here is enough. But how can you not be on Romo's case right now? He has been horrible this entire game..........

eagles_victory
11-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Yea, I don't need you in my house! One turkey here is enough. But how can you not be on Romo's case right now? He has been horrible this entire game.......... agreed

coach
11-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Yea but the second he does something you jump on him like he's been terrible his entire career. Just likeyou were with dirk. It's the 2nd q bro. Get real. Learn the game before you talk. Your obviously a moron when it comes to football so do us all a favor and keep your fingers off the keyboard and watch romo win another game in November

eagles_victory
11-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Yea but the second he does something you jump on him like he's been terrible his entire career. Just likeyou were with dirk. It's the 2nd q bro. Get real. Learn the game before you talk. Your obviously a moron when it comes to football so do us all a favor and keep your fingers off the keyboard and watch romo win another game in November Shots fired.

coach
11-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Does ware get a sack on that? And that was a terrible throw by Tony

BaseballUmp
11-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Good thing they got gifted that touchdown

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Romo td sent Farmersfan off the computer :)

coach
11-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Dallas' wrs have the case of the drops today

coach
11-24-2011, 06:04 PM
There's your defense for you ff

WildTexan972
11-24-2011, 06:06 PM
you can't interfere with a wr any better than that ever.....

and still he catches it!

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 06:16 PM
That drive was all Romo

coach
11-24-2011, 06:17 PM
More great plays by Tony romo. Now let's watch the defense give the lead back again.

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 06:23 PM
WOW..last drive let them out of 3 and forever...this time get the sack but a penalty keeps drive alive

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Man dont all u Cowboy fans feel safe when Dallas D on field with lead in 4th Q?

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Man dont all u Cowboy fans feel safe when Dallas D on field with lead in 4th Q?
Yeah right!

coach
11-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Really? A timeout??? Wth

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Really? A timeout??? Wth

12 on field

it is sad when in 4th Q you have to be happy the D only gave up a FG to make it 2 point game

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 06:43 PM
3 straight plays with penalties lol..wow

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I whish Witten would hit that hard in the field of play lol

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 06:59 PM
And it's good!

20-19 Dallas

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 07:00 PM
so 7 wins on season..4 of them on comeback/ot wins.....

coach
11-24-2011, 07:00 PM
And another 4th quarter come back . All I can say Is Tony romo!!!!!!!

BaseballUmp
11-24-2011, 07:02 PM

This

Roughneck93
11-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Lol, Tony just doesn't lose in November!

eagles_victory
11-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Farmersfan > People constantly going after him.

What he said about Romo when he said it was spot on. Tony finished strong and ended up having a good afternoon but when FF said what he said he was right.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2011, 07:19 PM
How much long is Miles Austin out?

bobcat1
11-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Good thing they got gifted that touchdownThis!

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 07:26 PM

What he said about Romo when he said it was spot on. Tony finished strong and ended up having a good afternoon but when FF said what he said he was right.

yep he was right the two throws were crap..the TD throw was bad as well..seemed like today was one of those days he was better throwing on the run than in the pocket

bobcat1
How much long is Miles Austin out?I'm not sure you put LaRon Robinson on the bench. Austin has been no factor this year anyway even when he played.

coach

Thing about ff he doesn't have the guys to say romo did good. I agree his play was bad in the first, but after that he was all but that. The guy can't come out and give credit where credit is due. Kinda like most romo haters.

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 07:27 PM
How much long is Miles Austin out?

they have been saying he MIGHT be back for Zona.I would not mind if they waited till the giants game

bobcat1
yep he was right the two throws were crap..the TD throw was bad as well..seemed like today was one of those days he was better throwing on the run than in the pocketI agree on the TD pass. Great catch by Robinson crappy throw from Romo.

Bullaholic
Never a doubt....:D

bobcat1
11-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Thing about ff he doesn't have the guys to say romo did good. I agree his play was bad in the first, but after that he was all but that. The guy can't come out and give credit where credit is due. Kinda like most romo haters.Tale of 2 halves on him today. 2nd half he played great. 1st half he stunk it up.

OldNavy
11-24-2011, 07:31 PM
http://www.heralddemocrat.com/sections/sports/pros/cowboys-climb-top-nfc-east.html

Someone likes Romo.

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure you put LaRon Robinson on the bench. Austin has been no factor this year anyway even when he played.

Austin with 4 TDs in 6 games he has played..and one of those games he was out very early..90yards week one ..145 yards week 2..74 yards agianst NE.so when Austin is healthy he has been pretty god this year

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Tale of 2 halves on him today. 2nd half he played great. 1st half he stunk it up.

whole offense did..Robinson missed a 3rd down that he would have ran for a huge chunk O yards( reminded me way to much of the Crayton drop almost same style play agianst Giants in play offs

bobcat1
11-24-2011, 07:46 PM
whole offense did..Robinson missed a 3rd down that he would have ran for a huge chunk O yards( reminded me way to much of the Crayton drop almost same style play agianst Giants in play offs I agree

bobcat1
11-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Austin with 4 TDs in 6 games he has played..and one of those games he was out very early..90yards week one ..145 yards week 2..74 yards agianst NE.so when Austin is healthy he has been pretty god this year And what are Robinson's stats with Austin on the bench?

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 08:04 PM
In 6 starts Austin has 28 catches 403 yards 4 TD 14.4 per catch

robinson 8 games 31 catches 475 yards 4 TD( all this before this game I think) 15.3 a catch

I think u will still see a ton of Robinson when Austin gets back..u can make the case start Austin and Robinson and use Bryant less

Eagle 1
11-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Austin with 4 TDs in 6 games he has played..and one of those games he was out very early..90yards week one ..145 yards week 2..74 yards agianst NE.so when Austin is healthy he has been pretty god this year

Pretty God this year?
Well I wouldn't go that far. LOL.
I hope the Cowboys aren't just stringing us along again............

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Pretty God this year?
Well I wouldn't go that far. LOL.
I hope the Cowboys aren't just stringing us along again............

hahahaha u arse LOL

yellaseeker
11-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Hoorah! They managed to squeeze out a win over a 3-7 team. We'll see how long they play in the month of January. One thing i can say about a loyal Cowboy fan, they'll support a QB year after year after "years" even though he never can seem to find consistency. I've seen better QB's that never got the recognition this Jerry Jones pet has over the years. I really think the only reason why he's still there is the fact that Jones has backed him and made excuses for him so long and Jones has too much pride to say he screwed up. Stat's mean nothing if you can't be counted on and you've choked as much as this guy in the heat of battle.

coach
11-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Hoorah! They managed to squeeze out a win over a 3-7 team. We'll see how long they play in the month of January. One thing i can say about a loyal Cowboy fan, they'll support a QB year after year after "years" even though he never can seem to find consistency. I've seen better QB's that never got the recognition this Jerry Jones pet has over the years. I really think the only reason why he's still there is the fact that Jones has backed him and made excuses for him so long and Jones has too much pride to say he screwed up. Stat's mean nothing if you can't be counted on and you've choked as much as this guy in the heat of battle.

you do know he has the 4th best qb rating in the league and only matt chaub alex smith an d aaron rogers have less ints that has played at least 10 games dont you....maybe thats why he is still the starter

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 12:30 AM

Do you not see some of the throws this guy makes...what a goof ball.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:33 AM
you do know he has the 4th best qb rating in the league and only matt chaub alex smith an d aaron rogers have less ints that has played at least 10 games dont you....maybe thats why he is still the starter Just for the sake of argument, there was at least 3 passes tonight where i was confused how Romo didnt get picked off.... but in the end he didnt..
and i didnt take the time to read this whole thread, but wonder what FF has to say about Romo on that drive where he hit Robinson in the corner for the TD and then engineering the game winning drive. hard to hate too much...

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 12:36 AM
I agree on the TD pass. Great catch by Robinson crappy throw from Romo.

You mean the one where he slid to his left to avoid the rush and buy some time for Robinson to streak accross the back of the end zone where Romo perfectly placed the ball so only he could catch it without even going to the ground....rightttttt...that was a horrible play....sheeeeesh y'all are a tough crowd!!!

coach
11-25-2011, 12:40 AM
Just for the sake of argument, there was at least 3 passes tonight where i was confused how Romo didnt get picked off.... but in the end he didnt..
and i didnt take the time to read this whole thread, but wonder what FF has to say about Romo on that drive where he hit Robinson in the corner for the TD and then engineering the game winning drive. hard to hate too much...

he didnt say anything. he only comes out when romo does bad....he has never given romo credit....

83Indian
11-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Well this seems to have turned into a Tony Romo thread, so my two cents:

Romo is one of the top rated passers and did play good in the second half today. My problem with Romo is he is too reckless very much like Brett Farve. He had at least three passes today where he was getting sacked and flicked the ball out to a back or receiver and there is absolutely no way he knew if there was a defender waiting to pick it off. The one pass to Whitten was like a jump ball.

And lets not forget the Jets game where he played great ball for three quarters and single handed gave it away with a fumble on the goal line, and an interception with less than a minute on Dallas end of the field. Dallas had never lost a game ahead in the fourth quarter ahead by 14. Club Record #1 for Tony this year.

And then against Detroit where he played a great first half up 28 points and then has his melt down with three INT's in the second half, I think two were pick sixes and Club Record #2 for the biggest comeback against Dallas ever.

And will we ever forget the fumbled snap for the field goal to beat Seattle from the 5 yard line?

The bottom line is Tony will never get any respect until he can lead this team to a NFC championship. Tough position to be in, but this is Dallas.

yellaseeker
11-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Well this seems to have turned into a Tony Romo thread, so my two cents:

Romo is one of the top rated passers and did play good in the second half today. My problem with Romo is he is too reckless very much like Brett Farve. He had at least three passes today where he was getting sacked and flicked the ball out to a back or receiver and there is absolutely no way he knew if there was a defender waiting to pick it off. The one pass to Whitten was like a jump ball.

And lets not forget the Jets game where he played great ball for three quarters and single handed gave it away with a fumble on the goal line, and an interception with less than a minute on Dallas end of the field. Dallas had never lost a game ahead in the fourth quarter ahead by 14. Club Record #1 for Tony this year.

And then against Detroit where he played a great first half up 28 points and then has his melt down with three INT's in the second half, I think two were pick sixes and Club Record #2 for the biggest comeback against Dallas ever.

And will we ever forget the fumbled snap for the field goal to beat Seattle from the 5 yard line?

The bottom line is Tony will never get any respect until he can lead this team to a NFC championship. Tough position to be in, but this is Dallas.

You're pretty much dead on except for the brett favre part. I do agree he is reckless like brett favre but he will never be a "brett favre". Brett Favre knew how to get it done, don't think romo will ever be that caliber of QB. Brett Favre proved he could win championships while still owning the record for int's. Tony has only proved he could choke when the timing is right. Like i said, you can preach stat's all you want but can you win the big one and so far the answer is no year after year. But hey, if he's your boy then be proud of him. I've seen those kind come and go over the years and the only thing people remember is how you couldn't get it done or make it to the big show. Dallas has had all the right reasons to win a championship lately but they lack a consistent leader. Don't need Romo fans to agree with me, it is just my opinion. End of story.

83Indian
11-25-2011, 01:35 AM
You're pretty much dead on except for the brett favre part. I do agree he is reckless like brett favre but he will never be a "brett favre". Brett Favre knew how to get it done, don't think romo will ever be that caliber of QB. Brett Favre proved he could win championships while still owning the record for int's. Tony has only proved he could choke when the timing is right. Like i said, you can preach stat's all you want but can you win the big one and so far the answer is no year after year. But hey, if he's your boy then be proud of him. I've seen those kind come and go over the years and the only thing people remember is how you couldn't get it done or make it to the big show. Dallas has had all the right reasons to win a championship lately but they lack a consistent leader. Don't need Romo fans to agree with me, it is just my opinion. End of story.

Can't agree more. I like the guy and hope he gets us a championship. But right now, I have no clue which Tony shows up for the next game.

bobcat1
11-25-2011, 07:03 AM
You mean the one where he slid to his left to avoid the rush and buy some time for Robinson to streak accross the back of the end zone where Romo perfectly placed the ball so only he could catch it without even going to the ground....rightttttt...that was a horrible play....sheeeeesh y'all are a tough crowd!!! No that was a good throw and a very good catch. The other one to Robinson in the middle of the endzone he had to layout and scoop of the turf is the one I am referring to.

LionFan72
11-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Jes Louise, they beat the Dolphins by a last second field goal and you all act like Sir Romo is the annoited! If he had of beat Green Bay or New England, Yea, you could sing his praises. It was a victory over a second tier team, until Romo matures (if), the Cowboys are doomed to the same tier!

Farmersfan
11-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Ok, I'm back from my holiday trip and can respond to some of the stupidity from some of ya'll on here.

Coach: I have given Tony Romo a ton of credit on games and plays that he does well on. You need to go back and re-read! The problem that you have with me is that I EXPECT my franchise QB to play well. I don't get all giddy and girly about it like you do when a 11 million dollar a year professional QB actually makes a play! THAT'S WHAT HE IS PAID TO DO! And you aren't intelligent enough to actually argue the merits of Tony Romo so you dumb it down to childish sandbox insults and attacks on my football knowledge. The "FACTS" in this game were that Tony Romo made some really, really, really boneheaded decisions and throws early on that limited his team's ability to separate from a very average Dolphin's team. Tony Romo gave the Dolphins 2 possessions inside their own territory in the 1st quarter on very poorly thrown balls that got intercepted and the defense held the Dolphins to zero points. But a simple turnover isn't the only harm Romo did to his team with those interceptions. When he throws those kinds of ints it also swings momentum to the other team. 75% of winning in the NFL is getting and keeping momentum! Romo is famous for giving away his team's momentum at the least opportune times. Did Romo perform very, very well later in the game to allow his team to win? Yes he did! But he also performed very, very poorly early in the game to cause his team to need a great performance from him in order to get the win.....

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Ok, I'm back from my holiday trip and can respond to some of the stupidity from some of ya'll on here.

Coach: I have given Tony Romo a ton of credit on games and plays that he does well on. You need to go back and re-read! The problem that you have with me is that I EXPECT my franchise QB to play well. I don't get all giddy and girly about it like you do when a 11 million dollar a year professional QB actually makes a play! THAT'S WHAT HE IS PAID TO DO! And you aren't intelligent enough to actually argue the merits of Tony Romo so you dumb it down to childish sandbox insults and attacks on my football knowledge. The "FACTS" in this game were that Tony Romo made some really, really, really boneheaded decisions and throws early on that limited his team's ability to separate from a very average Dolphin's team. Tony Romo gave the Dolphins 2 possessions inside their own territory in the 1st quarter on very poorly thrown balls that got intercepted and the defense held the Dolphins to zero points. But a simple turnover isn't the only harm Romo did to his team with those interceptions. When he throws those kinds of ints it also swings momentum to the other team. 75% of winning in the NFL is getting and keeping momentum! Romo is famous for giving away his team's momentum at the least opportune times. Did Romo perform very, very well later in the game to allow his team to win? Yes he did! But he also performed very, very poorly early in the game to cause his team to need a great performance from him in order to get the win.....

wait..u blame Romo if he does not play well early, but plays great at the end..then u blame Romo when he plays well early, but plays bad late...ur expecting him to be a top 3 QB when well, only 3 of them are just that

Again Romo is a top 10 QB, but not a top 5..nothing wrong with that, but some people expect that because ANY qb puts on a cowboy helmet that means they should be a top5 QB

buff4ever
11-28-2011, 10:27 AM
So we are all willing to admit that the Dallas Cowboys don't have a top 7 qb, and don't have a qb that can lead them to championships. He is good at times, and bad at times, and seem to choke when great is on the line. He doesn't seem to lead this team to play at the highest level it can. A good leader with this bunch of athlets doesn't allow his team to play so lack lusterlike at times and even sloppy at times with mistakes and bad reads. There are times when they are not only on different pages, but different playbooks it would seem. He is suppose to lead, he doesn't.

Good job in staying in the game an pulling it out against the Dolphins. If that is what we are to expect, then everyone don't get your hopes up too high later in the season.

I hope Romo gets over the hump he has never got over, and proves me and FF and lionfan and indian wrong. I want him to prove me wrong in the next big chance he gets as bad as most of you. Sometimes he makes it hard to hate him, but most of the time he makes it hard to like him. He has to be great when the tough gets going or he will be what he is for the rest of his career.

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2011, 10:59 AM
So we are all willing to admit that the Dallas Cowboys don't have a top 7 qb, and don't have a qb that can lead them to championships. .

your assuming only a top 3 QB can win a SB..if that is the case explain the MULTIPLE SB wins by Qbs who were not top 3

Farmersfan
11-28-2011, 11:01 AM
wait..u blame Romo if he does not play well early, but plays great at the end..then u blame Romo when he plays well early, but plays bad late...ur expecting him to be a top 3 QB when well, only 3 of them are just that

Again Romo is a top 10 QB, but not a top 5..nothing wrong with that, but some people expect that because ANY qb puts on a cowboy helmet that means they should be a top5 QB

I didn't "blame" Romo for anything! I simply commented on his poor play in the first half. If the Cowboys had lost the game then everybody who played poorly during the game would have been blamed. (especially Romo). Of course YOU would have been making excuses for Romo and blaming everybody else...................

Remember: There is a difference in getting outplayed/beat and giving it away! The QB throwing interceptions in his own end of the field is GIVING IT AWAY! The level of blame for giving it away is a hell of lot higher than it is for just getting beat...................

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2011, 11:03 AM
I didn't "blame" Romo for anything! I simply commented on his poor play in the first half. If the Cowboys had lost the game then everybody who played poorly during the game would have been blamed. (especially Romo). Of course YOU would have been making excuses for Romo and blaming everybody else...................

Remember: There is a difference in getting outplayed/beat and giving it away! The QB throwing interceptions in his own end of the field is GIVING IT AWAY! The level of blame for giving it away is a hell of lot higher than it is for just getting beat...................

hmm..seeing as I said Romo AND the offense played bad early, that kind of proves your wrong..I am not the one like you who tries to act like the D is perfect and only reason Dallas ever loses is because of Romo and nothing else.

Farmersfan
11-28-2011, 11:14 AM
So we are all willing to admit that the Dallas Cowboys don't have a top 7 qb, and don't have a qb that can lead them to championships. He is good at times, and bad at times, and seem to choke when great is on the line. He doesn't seem to lead this team to play at the highest level it can. A good leader with this bunch of athlets doesn't allow his team to play so lack lusterlike at times and even sloppy at times with mistakes and bad reads. There are times when they are not only on different pages, but different playbooks it would seem. He is suppose to lead, he doesn't.

Good job in staying in the game an pulling it out against the Dolphins. If that is what we are to expect, then everyone don't get your hopes up too high later in the season.

I hope Romo gets over the hump he has never got over, and proves me and FF and lionfan and indian wrong. I want him to prove me wrong in the next big chance he gets as bad as most of you. Sometimes he makes it hard to hate him, but most of the time he makes it hard to like him. He has to be great when the tough gets going or he will be what he is for the rest of his career.

At least TXB is starting to come to his senses. Last year he was calling Romo a top 5 QB and now Romo is top 10! Perhaps after another 3 years of Romo failing to lead his team to any kind of achievement he will be calling Romo a top 20 QB!

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2011, 11:19 AM
At least TXB is starting to come to his senses. Last year he was calling Romo a top 5 QB and now Romo is top 10! Perhaps after another 3 years of Romo failing to lead his team to any kind of achievement he will be calling Romo a top 20 QB!

I was?

SintonFan
11-28-2011, 11:21 AM
I think Romo is a Top 9.7 QB.

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I think Romo is a Top 9.7 QB.

oh come on..no way he is better than a 9.8 cause remember he does not care

SintonFan
11-28-2011, 11:44 AM
oh come on..no way he is better than a 9.8 cause remember he does not care

9.78?

Ok ok!
I only hope he cares. :(;)

Macarthur
11-28-2011, 11:45 AM
So we are all willing to admit that the Dallas Cowboys don't have a top 7 qb, and don't have a qb that can lead them to championships.

This is why this argument makes my head want to explode. For the most, FF is pretty rational in his dislike of Romo. He at least sticks to the stats, most of the time.

Unfortunately, too many Romo haters simply make irrational statements like these. It's almost like Romo haters live in a vacuum and have never watched anyother NFL games or QBs.

Farmersfan
11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
hmm..seeing as I said Romo AND the offense played bad early, that kind of proves your wrong..I am not the one like you who tries to act like the D is perfect and only reason Dallas ever loses is because of Romo and nothing else.

Really? I said the D was perfect? Wow, I must have been sleep walking on that one..............:)

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Really? I said the D was perfect? Wow, I must have been sleep walking on that one..............:)

When the D gives up points late in game you try to say that is ok..prove me wrong lol...got to admit, this season is proving it is all about the schedule and who you play over how you play

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2011, 11:53 AM
This is why this argument makes my head want to explode. For the most, FF is pretty rational in his dislike of Romo. He at least sticks to the stats, most of the time.

Unfortunately, too many Romo haters simply make irrational statements like these. It's almost like Romo haters live in a vacuum and have never watched anyother NFL games or QBs.

I agree FF at least proves stats and reasons why..to many others just throw up he puts his hat on wrong, or he does not gripe on siideline, or he gripes to much, or who he dates matters

Farmersfan
11-28-2011, 12:12 PM

I think the Romo haters are in the same frame of mind as the Romosexuals these days. Everybody jumps down the throat of everybody else who they disagree with. I personally feel the only reason there is so much venom in the opposing sides of this issue is because there is actually evidence or truth in most of what people say about Romo. (from either perspective). People who like Romo would not be so quick to attack those who make derogatory statements about Tony Romo is there weren't any truth to those statements. So I think the arguement is really about how significant Romo's shortcomings are rather than whether they exist...................................

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2011, 12:18 PM
I think the Romo haters are in the same frame of mind as the Romosexuals these days. Everybody jumps down the throat of everybody else who they disagree with. I personally feel the only reason there is so much venom in the opposing sides of this issue is because there is actually evidence or truth in most of what people say about Romo. (from either perspective). People who like Romo would not be so quick to attack those who make derogatory statements about Tony Romo is there weren't any truth to those statements. So I think the arguement is really about how significant Romo's shortcomings are rather than whether they exist...................................

The problem is..people act like the Cowboys win or lose on Romo and Romo alone

Macarthur
11-28-2011, 12:54 PM

My biggest issue is when folks aren't consistent. I am a Romo fan, but I know that Romo makes mistakes. The problem with many of the Romo haters, IMO, is that they don't apply the same venom to other QBs. And then like the comment I quoted above, they simply make irrational statements.

I still believe that if Pitt had Romo instead of Ben, they would still have won 2 or 3 SBs like they have with Ben. I don't say that to diminish Ben; I say that because I believe there are so many variables involved in a season and a franchise. I think if Tom Brady had Wade Phillips as a coach and JJ as a GM, he would not be as succesful as he has been. I simply believe that and it has nothing to do with Brady's QBing ability.

Farmersfan
11-28-2011, 01:10 PM
When the D gives up points late in game you try to say that is ok..prove me wrong lol...got to admit, this season is proving it is all about the schedule and who you play over how you play

Yea! I know what you mean.............. the defense held the Patriots to a 3 and out and gave the offense the ball back with 5 minutes left in the game and an opportunity to ice it. The offense choked up a huge hair ball in the form of a 3 and out! Then the Patriots, who are the #1 rated offense with argueably the greatest QB in NFL history drives down the field for a go ahead score and of course, according to you, this is the defenses fault......................... If you don't think you have an agenda AGAINST the defense just look at your first several posts on this thread. Even after Romo threw 2 interceptions to give the Dolphins the ball in the Dallas end of the field and the defense held them to zero points your first 3 posts were to condemn the defense and not a single mention of the Romo mistakes........................ and yet I get accused of being biased!

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Yea! I know what you mean.............. the defense held the Patriots to a 3 and out and gave the offense the ball back with 5 minutes left in the game and an opportunity to ice it. The offense choked up a huge hair ball in the form of a 3 and out! Then the Patriots, who are the #1 rated offense with argueably the greatest QB in NFL history drives down the field for a go ahead score and of course, according to you, this is the defenses fault......................... If you don't think you have an agenda AGAINST the defense just look at your first several posts on this thread. Even after Romo threw 2 interceptions to give the Dolphins the ball in the Dallas end of the field and the defense held them to zero points your first 3 posts were to condemn the defense and not a single mention of the Romo mistakes........................ and yet I get accused of being biased!

uhh my first comment was when Romo made 3 straight plays when about 98% of the QBs in the nfl would have beend sacked or threw an int..yet I then say the Dallas offense struggle early.

Fact about the Pats game...Dallas had the lead and the D allowed NE to score late for the win..PROVE ME WRONG

Farmersfan
11-28-2011, 01:32 PM
The problem is..people act like the Cowboys win or lose on Romo and Romo alone

REALLY? It's a problem? I think that explains it all TXB.

Farmersfan
11-28-2011, 01:47 PM
uhh my first comment was when Romo made 3 straight plays when about 98% of the QBs in the nfl would have beend sacked or threw an int..yet I then say the Dallas offense struggle early.

Fact about the Pats game...Dallas had the lead and the D allowed NE to score late for the win..PROVE ME WRONG

Let's try a different tact! Can you tell me why the Cowboys had a 16-13 lead late in the game against the New England Patriots when they played in New England?

buff4ever
11-28-2011, 02:22 PM
The problem is that posters on here will pull one line out of a post and try to criticize it to make their point seem more right than others. I made one sarcastic dig to pretend to pull all of us Cowboy fans together and agree on one thing; I say sarcastic becasue 7 is the best I can give him in the current league (8 or 9 is more believable).

And no, I believe there are more than 3 qb's in this league that can lead their team to a superbowl. However I don't think that our 8 or 9 guy can. Maybe it is on garrett, I don't know, but when our offense comes out and they don't seem to be playing out of the same playbook and we have numerous 3 and outs, we look like we don't even practice together during the week. If it is not Garrett, which I hope it is not, then I put this on Romo. If he and his receivers are not on the same page on any given play, then he needs to get with them on the sideline and figure out the confusion, I don't see much of that either, of course they only pan the sidelines every once in a while.

I am not going to spend a lot of time proving to you guys that just want to argue why Romo doesn't get the job done when it counts. I don't have to. He has proven me right by not getting the job done when it counts. yella said it well, FF has said it well. Until we are proven wrong, which I want to be proven wrong, we are right. He has blown too many chances to get us the the next level over the years single handedly PRACTICALLY, at least most of the time.

Excuses for Tony:
1.Tuna was done, and maybe never that good to begin with
2.Wade was a defensive coach, and didn't know how to pull the offense together. (something to be said for garrett having full control of offense during that time, and then turning it around somewhat later. did he stab wade in the back, or was wade trying to control the offense somewhat?)
3. Lack of big time receivers at times.
4. Line didn't protect real well.
5. No run game to speak of ever.

These are all legit excuses in my opinion. However, the times that he has single handedly blown a opportunity that was all but in the bag; can't be blamed on the above. He couldn't close. He and his recievers not being in sync, not linked to but maybe one of the above (still even with bad receivers he should be able to work with them mentally and be in sync).

The cowboys haven't been as good as we are use to for many reasons. My concern is that as we are starting to take care of some of the above problems, we are ignoring that the leader of our offense is a possible choke artist that can't win the big games. So do we all be happy with pretty good and what could have beens or do we admit we need to address this problem? How many more opportunities do we give him?