PDA

View Full Version : UT vs aTm...Sad End Of a Great, Old Rivalry

Bullaholic
11-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Can't believe that UT and aTm may meet for the final time tomorrow night. Just doesn't seem possible that this huge collegiate rivalry may end. I don't think that the alums and students of both universities will let this great rivalry die. I think it will be like the Aggie bonfire---it will live again, somewhere:

http://www.statesman.com/opinion/goodbye-to-old-ut-vs-a-m-game-1989044.html

Phil C
11-23-2011, 03:16 PM
It has been a good one. I think it will come back even though it may be a few years down the road.

buff4ever
11-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I say 2 years w/o this game and it will be back. Has to come back.

Macarthur
11-23-2011, 03:29 PM
It has been a good one. I think it will come back even though it may be a few years down the road.

I agree.

SintonPirateFan
11-23-2011, 03:32 PM
i think it brings even more hilarity to the whole, "we want to get out of Texas' shadow" attitude of a&m.

there are no horns to saw off in the SEC......

oldtownag
11-23-2011, 04:03 PM
i think it brings even more hilarity to the whole, "we want to get out of Texas' shadow" attitude of a&m.

What is less funny is the "horn" fans that can't see that "Texas" is the real reason A&M, Nebraska, and Colorado are no longer members of the Big 12. "University of Texas" and "Arrogance" go hand in hand. Just know this: "When Texas gets ready to play A&M again the Aggies will be ready and willing"!

VWG
11-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Money and politics of BOTH schools killed this rivalry. Hopefully it will only last a few years and then they will play again.
Just like Florida-Florida St., or Clemson-South Carolina, etc... you can have rivalry games without being in the same conference.

SintonPirateFan
11-23-2011, 05:20 PM
What is less funny is the "horn" fans that can't see that "Texas" is the real reason A&M, Nebraska, and Colorado are no longer members of the Big 12. "University of Texas" and "Arrogance" go hand in hand. Just know this: "When Texas gets ready to play A&M again the Aggies will be ready and willing"!

so it's arrogance....THATS the reason a&m is leaving? not because Texas wouldn't share their earnings?

it's funny, a&m is supposed to be soooo conservative minded, and Texas so liberal, but when it comes to the conference till, aggies (huskers, buffaloes, tigers as well) demand revenue sharing. you want more money? create an institution like TEXAS. until then, quit crying. i'll take a big 12 with the teams we will have next year against the big 12 from 3 years ago anyday.

Old Tiger
11-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Texas offered 60/40 split on Lonestar Network deal....

bigcountry
11-23-2011, 05:44 PM

Typical aggie envy reply to what was a completely unbiased post. Just know this, your readiness & willingness has & will never intimidate the University of Texas, as is reflected in the all time record for UT vs A&M of 75-37-5. Wow, I really didn't know we were that dominant over you guys until I looked it up....too funny. No, those games are on the books, and cannot be erased. Just remember after this year it will not get any worse. Have a feeling the Johnathan Gray era would probably not be fun for the ags.

Just be a little more competitive next time you come knocking on the door of a Big 12 school ok? Your .500 record in the Big 12 is pretty pathetic. And your reasons for leaving have more to do with a severe inferiority complex with Texas than us just being Texas & the whole arrogant thing you bring up. As Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle put it, "Aggies live off a regular diet of an embarrassing inferiority complex & an irrational superiority complex." He pretty much nailed that one.

And some advice....try to be a little more thick skinned in your next conference venture, because if you think some of the fans of the SEC schools you are about to play aren't arrogant....man, you are in for a big surprise.

Sportshack
11-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Good riddance to the Aggies. Texas was down for 10 years or so at one point when A & M was rollong and it has just been their turn in the barrel for whatever reasons the last decade. Look in the mirror!We cannot compete so we are going to start our own brand as an SEC team to bolster our recruiting...blah di blah di blah...if you cannot compete than get gone!!! Not feeling the Ags these days.

1st and goal
11-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Texas offered 60/40 split on Lonestar Network deal....

Where did you get this information? I heard 70/30 but can't verify.

Old Tiger
11-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Where did you get this information? I heard 70/30 but can't verify.30% of 300 million is a lot of money thrown away. I mean Texas is a MUCH bigger draw than A&M.

1st and goal
11-23-2011, 07:21 PM
IMO, I believe the end of this tradition rests squarely on the shoulders of Deloss Dodds the UT athletic director. After A&M left, they offered to play the horns non conference but Deloss said schedule was full...WTH? One minute, the Ags were staying, and the next they were going, and Deloss says schedule was full???

Sportshack
11-23-2011, 07:35 PM
IMO, I believe the end of this tradition rests squarely on the shoulders of Deloss Dodds the UT athletic director. After A&M left, they offered to play the horns non conference but Deloss said schedule was full...WTH? One minute, the Ags were staying, and the next they were going, and Deloss says schedule was full???

They almost destroyed the BIG 12....if you want to go...then like I said before...get gone. The Baylor women's basketball coach said it best..."It is like you want a divorce but you still want sex!!" or something along those lines. Just freakin compete....sheeesh....Aggies have done great in many sports lately and have more than held their own against Texas in recent years in football...that is what is really weird!! Now they see Texas with QB issues and no way of knowing if prob will be solved in foreseeable future...fans and coaches got to be going "Gadzooks...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...what were we thinking!!! :foul:

Old Tiger
11-23-2011, 07:36 PM
IMO, I believe the end of this tradition rests squarely on the shoulders of Deloss Dodds the UT athletic director. After A&M left, they offered to play the horns non conference but Deloss said schedule was full...WTH? One minute, the Ags were staying, and the next they were going, and Deloss says schedule was full???Ags wanted to move on to bigger and better things. Why would DeLoss want to keep playing the Ags if the reason the Aggies wanted leave was because of Texas. Dolla Bill Byrnes trying to spin it like its all DeLoss. Baylor is doing the same thing to the Ags.

Aggies made a 100 year decision and I hope its 100 years before Tech, Baylor, or TCU play A&M in any sports.

VWG
11-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Both sides being selfish.... as we can see in this post. Too bad the rest of us can't enjoy a good football game that should continue. Thanks to all of y'all for destroying a state tradition.
Again..... the almighty dollar and politics killed this game. If it was up to the current athletes, and the future athletes of both schools they would all say "Bring it on!".
They could care less about what conference somebody is in, or how much money a school is bringing in. Lace 'em up and start knocking heads. That's all they care about.... and we, as fans, that's all we care about as well.

RMAC
11-23-2011, 08:03 PM
An outsider's view for what it's worth (I'm a Tech grad for those that don't know)... Both sides are right and wrong at the same time and I shall attempt to explain that. ATM fans are right that a rather larger percentage of UT fans are condescending asses and UT fans are correct in saying that ATM has little brother sindrom when it comes to the Horns. Now having said that both are wrong in assuming they know anything at all about the dealings and meetings that went on behind closed doors that lead to the end of this rivalry. You only know what they want you to know so please keep that in mind. Accept it. Move on with life. All good things come to an end. Happy thanksgiving and go Ags...

Trojans98
11-23-2011, 08:26 PM
It may be gone for a while, but I think u will eventually see a game like the A&M/Arkansas game. I really hate to see it end, but I think it will help the Aggies in the SEC.

1st and goal
11-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, I'll mow my front pasture and they can come to my place a play in a hayfield. Leave all the movers and shakers and Go Blues behind.:stirpot:

1st and goal
11-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Its funny listening to Jeff Ward on 590 KLBJ. Blaming it on everyone but horns. Saying the horns want a more quality opponent...LMAO Who is going to be more quality that the horns stand a chance of beating? Texas State? Guess they can keep the lions share of that revenue.

What a poor, cynical, narcissistic, person Jeff is. I only listen to hear what Ed Clements is saying although he's a big homer too.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 08:47 PM
This game will be back down the road..maybe...I truly do agree with Texas and Baylor saying hey if you want to leave, goodluck but we are not going to help u with in state recruiting

Those saying it is about LHN and Texas not sharing ned to realized this

A&M EVERY TIME voted agianst revenue sharing( btw Nebraska did as well) when the Big 12 was intact...When The Big 12 offered OU, Texas and A&M the extra money from the little guys with Colorado and Nebraska exit fee OU and Texas said no, A&M took it.

this was not about Texas not sharing this was about A&M worried about their brand with UT having a network and OU looking into getting one as well..I dont blame them, good luck to A&M in the SEC

OldBison75
11-23-2011, 09:40 PM
As for the "schedule full" that was referenced, why is that so hard to understand. Texas has contracts with non-conference schools that are in place. With TAMU leaving, that date is now taken by another, probably new, conference member. There are no dates to play without breaking an existing contract with another team. And, unlike TAMU, Texas has taken the position that they will honor the contracts they have made with other schools.

bigcountry
11-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Its funny listening to Jeff Ward on 590 KLBJ. Blaming it on everyone but horns. Saying the horns want a more quality opponent...LMAO Who is going to be more quality that the horns stand a chance of beating? Texas State? Guess they can keep the lions share of that revenue.

What a poor, cynical, narcissistic, person Jeff is. I only listen to hear what Ed Clements is saying although he's a big homer too.

LMAO! Let me start with a more quality opponent being TCU...their recent bowl season success speaks for itself, including a recent 2011 Rose Bowl win over Wisconsin. Ags would only DREAM of that kind of bowl outcome, and would be ECSTATIC to have won a Rose Bowl for a national title like Texas in 2005. Aggie bowl record since being in the Big 12: 1-10!!! And you question whether we can find a more quality opponent? LMAO!!

And, to put the icing on the cake with the NEW Big 12, we get yet another more quality opponent in West Virginia. Yep, West Virginia blows A&M out of the water in their most recent bowl success, with wins in '05, '06, '07, & '08 over Georgia, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, & North Carolina. Looks to me that our new additions have given the conference an upgrade. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya Ags!!

ExScoop
11-23-2011, 10:30 PM
I went to my first UT and A&M game back in 1974 at Memorial Stadium-It was Friday afternoon and temps in 40s-Wind chil was 20 degrees and sitting in the upper deck. Horns won 32-3. We sure drank a lot of hot chocolate that day. The tower sure looked good in orange

I will miss this game. I can't watch it anymore.because of my anxiety with wanting the Horns too win

As big a Longhorn fan that I am-Think Aggies will win tomorrow

When Fozzie Whittaker went down with the injury, the Longhorn offense died with it.

Aggie posters have been cruel to the Longhorns with uncesseary remarks on different sites.

1st and goal
11-23-2011, 10:30 PM
As for the "schedule full" that was referenced, why is that so hard to understand. Texas has contracts with non-conference schools that are in place. With TAMU leaving, that date is now taken by another, probably new, conference member. There are no dates to play without breaking an existing contract with another team. And, unlike TAMU, Texas has taken the position that they will honor the contracts they have made with other schools.

OldB, it was the timing. Like they really had their schedule changed and contracted in a day or 2.

1st and goal
11-23-2011, 10:34 PM
I went to my first UT and A&M game back in 1974 at Memorial Stadium-It was Friday afternoon and temps in 40s-Wind chil was 20 degrees and sitting in the upper deck. Horns won 32-3. We sure drank a lot of hot chocolate that day. The tower sure looked good in orange

I will miss this game. I can't watch it anymore.because of my anxiety with wanting the Horns too win

When Fozzie Whittaker went down with the injury, the Longhorn offense died with it.

Aggie posters have been cruel to the Longhorns with uncesseary remarks on different sites.

Cruelty has been dealt by both sides. No 1 person is bigger than this game, although they might think their ego is. Heck, a century or 2 ago, they might have had a real war over this...

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 10:52 PM

It was not losing Fozzy..it was losing him and the other RBS being hurt

Saggy Aggie
11-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Glad to be out of the big 12 regardless of how successful/unsuccessful the Aggies are.

I can't stand the little brother sh*t that most Aggies have and I'll be glad when tamu never has to think about it again.

Like someone else said, a bunch of condescending asses. That about sums it up.

The benefits of not having to listen to a bunch of pompous assholes all year greatly outweighs the benefits and the tradition of this series. Bye

regaleagle
11-24-2011, 01:50 AM
There's the answer to this whole enchilada right there. My oldest brother is an Ag forever. It's all in the minds of the Ags not being on the same level in football. In basketball, they were beginning to achieve, so that's not it. And in track, they are back to back national champs, so that's not it. It's the football thing that they can't swallow. That's the biggie, and they want to be top dog, but aren't. Now we see them with talent and an opportunity to do well this year. But they screwed up the season with all this discombobulation. WOW oh WOW!! Lord help the Aggies. Just "NUTS".

oldtownag
11-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Those saying it is about LHN and Texas not sharing ned to realized this

A&M EVERY TIME voted agianst revenue sharing( btw Nebraska did as well) when the Big 12 was intact...When The Big 12 offered OU, Texas and A&M the extra money from the little guys with Colorado and Nebraska exit fee OU and Texas said no, A&M took it.

this was not about Texas not sharing this was about A&M worried about their brand with UT having a network and OU looking into getting one as well..I dont blame them, good luck to A&M in the SEC

Correct. Texas A&M didn't have to hang around and act like Texas' little bitch like Baylor and Tech. Texas A&M can and did stand on our own. We didn't hang in the background and hope things worked out for the best. We went and made our own deal and Aggies are happy. If Texas does not want to play anymore so be it. Just quit whinning about us making our own deal when you were the reason for all the unrest in the Big 12.

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Correct. Texas A&M didn't have to hang around and act like Texas' little bitch like Baylor and Tech. Texas A&M can and did stand on our own. We didn't hang in the background and hope things worked out for the best. We went and made our own deal and Aggies are happy. If Texas does not want to play anymore so be it. Just quit whinning about us making our own deal when you were the reason for all the unrest in the Big 12.

LOL I have yet to hear one UT fan whine..I have heard them and other team fans say they think A&M will struggle in the SEC, that is not whinning that is giving an opinion.

LionFan72
11-24-2011, 10:13 AM
LOL I have yet to hear one UT fan whine..I have heard them and other team fans say they think A&M will struggle in the SEC, that is not whinning that is giving an opinion.

Seemingly, it is the Aggies, with the inferority complex that are having their fits of rage! How does changing leagues change feelings in College Station? I think they continue, as A & M continues as a red headed step-child in the powerful SEC. I am sorry for the loss of a fine football tradition with the aggies, but not all the trivial drama associated with it. I wish A&M success, but I think there wish list will remain unfullfilled. Kinda like changing underwear, they fit, they may be clean, but they feel the same!

oldtownag
11-24-2011, 11:58 AM

LOL yourself. You only have to look at the original reason I posted (see above).

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 01:13 PM
LOL yourself. You only have to look at the original reason I posted (see above).

Texas did not create the unrest..ESPN did by offering..even Bill Byrne said if they would have been offered the deal they would have taken it in a heartbeat..EVERY school would.

Bull Butter
11-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Texas did not create the unrest..ESPN did by offering..even Bill Byrne said if they would have been offered the deal they would have taken it in a heartbeat..EVERY school would.

Correct. Each school did what they believed to be in their own best interests

LIONS#1
11-24-2011, 02:31 PM
LMAO! Let me start with a more quality opponent being TCU...their recent bowl season success speaks for itself, including a recent 2011 Rose Bowl win over Wisconsin. Ags would only DREAM of that kind of bowl outcome, and would be ECSTATIC to have won a Rose Bowl for a national title like Texas in 2005. Aggie bowl record since being in the Big 12: 1-10!!! And you question whether we can find a more quality opponent? LMAO!!

And, to put the icing on the cake with the NEW Big 12, we get yet another more quality opponent in West Virginia. Yep, West Virginia blows A&M out of the water in their most recent bowl success, with wins in '05, '06, '07, & '08 over Georgia, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, & North Carolina. Looks to me that our new additions have given the conference an upgrade. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya Ags!!

Amen!!!:1popcorn:

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T6bXYp-R9Q&feature=related

Bullaholic
11-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Ags strike first---up 7-0 in 1st.

sinton66
11-24-2011, 08:03 PM
This thread BETTER stay civil.

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 08:16 PM
This thread BETTER stay civil.

I'm sure it will. It's the end of a great tradition and I know the downlow members will be nice to each other:wave:

And thats the fourth 3 and out!

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Lucky that throw to Shiply wasn't a pic six!

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 08:40 PM
BS call on Robinson roughing the passer!

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2011, 10:02 PM
WOW..A&M trying to give it to Texas

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Horns D steppin up!!

Roughneck93
11-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Wow!!

skins4life
11-24-2011, 10:22 PM
BS call on Robinson roughing the passer!

:iagree:

WC/LG92
11-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Ryan Tannehill = Jerrod Johnson

WC/LG92
11-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Hey Ryan Tannehill... Jeff Fuller just called and he wants his plummeting draft stock back

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 10:26 PM
I can't stand to listen to Craig James:ack!:

83Indian
11-24-2011, 10:27 PM
This is pretty sad. I am a Texas fan but totally expected A&M to whip Texas at home tonight. If A&M can't get up for this game, the SEC will destroy them. Get Ready for 3 or 4 win seasons Aggies.

WC/LG92
11-24-2011, 10:28 PM
not a single pass completion by Horns in 2nd half... but still... 14 points.

WC/LG92
11-24-2011, 10:30 PM
I can't stand to listen to Craig James:ack!:

I feel ya boss... Craig James is the worst. One of the reasons for SMU's *Death Penalty* and acts like he never was involved. Don't let me get started on his son at TTU. Mike Leach was right by putting that boy in that mop closet! Just kidding.
But seriously tho... his son is a horrible Tech WR.

Tejastrue
11-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Horns D steppin up!!

The very reason they've stayed in this game and now leading...

WC/LG92
11-24-2011, 10:34 PM
This is pretty sad. I am a Texas fan but totally expected A&M to whip Texas at home tonight. If A&M can't get up for this game, the SEC will destroy them. Get Ready for 3 or 4 win seasons Aggies.

Texas Aggies = the NEW Kentucky of the SEC

83Indian
11-24-2011, 10:35 PM
I feel ya boss... Craig James is the worst. One of the reasons for SMU's *Death Penalty* and acts like he never was involved. Don't let me get started on his son at TTU. Mike Leach was right by putting that boy in that mop closet! Just kidding.
But seriously tho... his son is a horrible Tech WR.

His son had 4 or 5 catches against OU this year. OU should be ashamed.

BaseballUmp
11-24-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm amazed any time the kid gets off the line of scrimmage

WC/LG92
11-24-2011, 10:38 PM

Guarantee you... Stoops whipped those DB's *azzez* that allowed James to catch those 4-5 passes. Mike Leach called Bob and made sure this happened. :)

WC/LG92
11-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Coach Sherman = Henry Winkler's *Waterboy* character

83Indian
11-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Guarantee you... Stoops whipped those DB's *azzez* that allowed James to catch those 4-5 passes. Mike Leach called Bob and made sure this happened. :)

Adam James, 5 catches for 75 yards: http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2011-2012/ttu07.html#GAME.IND

Stoops failure is complete!

WC/LG92
11-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Adam James, 5 catches for 75 yards: http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2011-2012/ttu07.html#GAME.IND

Stoops failure is complete!

Bahahahahahaha! That's awesome.

WC/LG92
11-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Um... Ryan Tannehill's fiancé tho... The only area he's "winning."
Just sayin...

BaseballUmp
11-24-2011, 11:08 PM
I would...

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 11:26 PM
bad call

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 11:26 PM
shut up james:ack!:

BaseballUmp
11-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Truly a horrible call

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 11:28 PM
great run case
gutsy player

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 11:29 PM
shut up james

83Indian
11-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Down to the wire. Great way to end it!

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Great finish no matter who wins

It's good!!!!!!

27-25 Horns

WOW

83Indian
11-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Bye Bye little brother aggies!

Roughneck93
11-24-2011, 11:34 PM
:clap: What an ending!

WC/LG92
11-24-2011, 11:35 PM
HOOKEM FOREVER....

At least until they meet again.

yellaseeker
11-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Way to end a long rivalry. Hookem Horns.

ExScoop
11-24-2011, 11:39 PM
I didn't watch it-How did it end?

zebrablue2
11-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Great college football game. Hats off to McCoy and the Texas D, they played lights out...

yellaseeker
11-24-2011, 11:43 PM
I didn't watch it-How did it end?

Horns with a 40yd FG with 2 seconds left to go up 27-25

1st and goal
11-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Bad PF call on last UT drive...

coach
11-24-2011, 11:53 PM
You will never hear me say this, but one call change the entire complexity of this game.

83Indian
11-24-2011, 11:56 PM
You will never hear me say this, but one call change the entire complexity of this game.

The ref calling the field goal good was the game changer!

coach
11-24-2011, 11:58 PM

You must be a comedian

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 11:58 PM

The scramble by McCoy made that bad call a moot point!

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Truly a horrible call on the unnecessary roughness penalty.

Trent Hunter could've have rocked that kid's world, and when the pass was incomplete, the kid hardly got enough shoulder to his chest to even affect him at all and they call that?

Completely changed the outcome of the game, but oh well.

Aggies blow another double digit lead and lose at home. Whats new?

Maybe we can play in the garage sale bowl against a c-USA team.

83Indian
11-25-2011, 12:01 AM
You must be a comedian

LOL - I am still laughing at the A&M little brother.

Which call are you referring to? The personal foul on the last drive? It was bogus.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:03 AM
The scramble by McCoy made that bad call a moot point! No. you're just stupid.

How does a penalty that takes away an incomplete pass and gives a team 15 yards and automatic first down a moot point? without that penalty, the horns still arent in fg range, its 2nd and 10... and the ags defense isnt standing around going ***.

Everyone knows that call was a game changer and anyone who denies it is just stupid. just take your bad call and your win and go gloat. We're used to it.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:04 AM
LOL - I am still laughing at the A&M little brother.

Which call are you referring to? The personal foul on the last drive? It was bogus. LOL, see... even Horns fans knwo that call was bullsh*t... but eh, it happens. I've come to expect it.

lbjacj
11-25-2011, 12:05 AM
No. you're just stupid.

How does a penalty that takes away an incomplete pass and gives a team 15 yards and automatic first down a moot point? without that penalty, the horns still arent in fg range, its 2nd and 10... and the ags defense isnt standing around going ***.

Everyone knows that call was a game changer and anyone who denies it is just stupid. just take your bad call and your win and go gloat. We're used to it.

Easy does it Saggy, it's just a game!

Old Tiger
11-25-2011, 12:06 AM
A&M DB hit the UT receiver with the crown of his helmet. Helmet to helmet will be called everytime.

There was terrible calls both ways tonight. The roughing the passer on Kennan Robinson was a crap call as well.

lbjacj
11-25-2011, 12:08 AM
A&M DB hit the UT receiver with the crown of his helmet. Helmet to helmet will be called everytime.

There was terrible calls both ways tonight. The roughing the passer on Kennan Robinson was a crap call as well.

:iagree:

83Indian
11-25-2011, 12:09 AM
No. you're just stupid.

It was a bad call. The refs made several questionable personal foul calls. Robinson from Texas got a cheap one dragging the receiver out of bounds earlier. You don't know for sure if Texas doesnt get in FG range anyway but it was a big call for Texas.

I feel your pain. I wish the aggies were staying in the Big 12 as this is the one game my family has split allegiance. I will miss it.

OldBison75
11-25-2011, 12:09 AM
I am basically a Longhorn fan and I agree that call was phantom at best. But, the great teams use those type calls as motivation and become more focused on winning. TAMU still had a chance to stop the Longhorns and let a slow QB scramble up the middle of the field for a big game. The Aggies make that stop and the call is nullified. There were a lot of questionable calls in the game, but the game was not won by the officials.

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Bad PF call on last UT drive...

Very true...however, the Horns had to deal with and ultimately overcome...not one...not two...but three such absolute BS personal foul calls worth 15 yards and 1st down each freakin time!!!! Just saying! The Ags definitely once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!!!

Old Tiger
11-25-2011, 12:11 AM
The horse collar penalty was definitely crap....he had him by the jersey. Grabbing a player by the jersey isn't a horse collar. A horse collar is grabbing the pads and bringing a runner down.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:11 AM

There was terrible calls both ways tonight. The roughing the passer on Kennan Robinson was a crap call as well. LOL it wasnt a helmet to helmet call....

And sure there were bad calls, but this one changed the outcome of the game...

Even i thought the roughing the passer call was bs, but none bigger than the last one. It wasnt even close. Not debatable... just straight up a horrible call.

So what if their helmets touched a tiny bit... a hit like that NEVER gets called and it got called tonight in the biggest moment of the season...

coach
11-25-2011, 12:12 AM

seriously? he nicked him with his helmet. the roughing the passer was ticky tack but he did slam him into the ground.he barely hit this guy and it changed the entire game. yes atm could have stopped texas, but it changed everything about the game,

Old Tiger
11-25-2011, 12:14 AM
LOL it wasnt a helmet to helmet call....

Even i thought the roughing the passer call was bs, but none bigger than the last one. It wasnt even close. Not debatable... just straight up a horrible call.

So what if their helmets touched a tiny bit... a hit like that NEVER gets called and it got called tonight in the biggest moment of the season...In today's game it gets called everytime. Once again check the video the A&M DB led with the crown of his helmet and it made contact with the UT receiver. The player should blame himself, not the refs. He didn't have to hit the UT receiver no matter how subtle the hit was. A&M can't blame anyone but themself for this loss. Have fun crying yourself into the SEC about how the refs cost you the final game against UT.

zebrablue2
That may be that officials last game. There was no way that was a PF! He was thinking he was working flag football is my only guess. Not saying that cost us the game, but 15 yards at that point was huge... Helmet to helmet head on is one thing, but a tap from the side, give me a break... No way that was a foul.

Old Tiger
seriously? he nicked him with his helmet. the roughing the passer was ticky tack but he did slam him into the ground.he barely hit this guy and it changed the entire game. yes atm could have stopped texas, but it changed everything about the game,Kennan Robinson was on the bottom of Tannehill during that call. I don't know how you slam someone to the ground when your underneath the guy and he falls on top of you.

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 12:15 AM

And the phantom horse collar....and the late hit on Reggie Wilson when he barely touched the guy as they went out of bounds....lets not be suuuuuuccchhhhh homers. That is three brutal calls against the Horns defense and I believe one of them could have led to 3 points.

Phil C
11-25-2011, 12:16 AM
That may be that officials last game. There was no way that was a PF! He was thinking he was working flag football is my only guess. Not saying that cost us the game, but 15 yards at that point was huge... Helmet to helmet head on is one thing, but a tap from the side, give me a break... No way that was a foul.

I'm sorry zebrablue2. :(

1st and goal
11-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Plus, the no call pass interference while Vacaro was wrestling Swopes all the way to the endzone...even the announcers couldn't believe it wasn't called.

Sportshack
LOL it wasnt a helmet to helmet call....

So what if their helmets touched a tiny bit... a hit like that NEVER gets called and it got called tonight in the biggest moment of the season...

Absolutely a bad call just like the three against Texas that allowed Aggies to keep field position in their favor much of night.

Saggy Aggie
In today's game it gets called everytime. Once again check the video the A&M DB led with the crown of his helmet and it made contact with the UT receiver. The player should blame himself, not the refs. He didn't have to hit the UT receiver no matter how subtle the hit was. A&M can't blame anyone but themself for this loss. Have fun crying yourself into the SEC about how the refs cost you the final game against UT. The ref didnt even call the flag as helmet to helmet... just unnecessary roughness!!

He pulled up 95%.... he could have KILLED that receiver and barely nicked him at all. He wasnt trying to smash the db, or hit him in his helmet. if you barely graze the receiver in that position so much that the WR barely even breaks stride, it just doesnt get called.

That type of hit is NEVER called. you are the only one defending it out of all the A&M/UT fans on here. even the horns fans know that call was complete crap. You're an idiot and just the type of pompous ass i was expecting when i opened this thread.

Old Tiger
11-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Plus, the no call pass interference while Vacaro was wrestling Swopes all the way to the endzone...even the announcers couldn't believe it wasn't called.By announcers you mean Craig James? Its not the NFL you can bump the receiver past 5 yards in college as long as the ball isn't in the air. When that bump happened the ball was not in the air. The ball was released just after the bump happened.

Old Tiger
11-25-2011, 12:20 AM
The ref didnt even call the flag as helmet to helmet... just unnecessary roughness!!

He pulled up 95%.... he could have KILLED that receiver and barely nicked him at all. He wasnt trying to smash the db, or hit him in his helmet. if you barely graze the receiver in that position so much that the WR barely even breaks stride, it just doesnt get called.

That type of hit is NEVER called. you are the only one defending it out of all the A&M/UT fans on here. even the horns fans know that call was complete crap. You're an idiot and just the type of pompous ass i was expecting when i opened this thread.http://cdn.thegloss.com/files/2011/07/dawson-crying.jpg
http://secfootballfanatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/sec.jpg

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Plus, the no call pass interference while Vacaro was wrestling Swopes all the way to the endzone...even the announcers couldn't believe it wasn't called.

Right....Vaccaro did make some INCIDENTAL contact while the ball was being thrown 10 yards over head and out of bounds....I though Craig James was ridiculous for taking that position as a highly paid analyst! HOw about PHANTOM horse collar, bullcrap roughing passer....and finally little meaningless shove by Reggie Wilson as he and Tannehill went out of bounds....ALL good for 15 yards and ist downs....OHHHHH Brotha!!!!

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:22 AM
By announcers you mean Craig James? Its not the NFL you can bump the receiver past 5 yards in college as long as the ball isn't in the air. When that bump happened the ball was not in the air. The ball was released just after the bump happened.that call didnt matter and was a good no call IMO anyways. Everything that led up to the final drive didnt matter and was out the door at that point.

The final drive decided the game one way or the other and the biggest/worst call of the night put texas in position to win.

1st and goal
11-25-2011, 12:23 AM
By announcers you mean Craig James? Its not the NFL you can bump the receiver past 5 yards in college as long as the ball isn't in the air. When that bump happened the ball was not in the air. The ball was released just after the bump happened.

Wrong, he interfered all the way into the endzone.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:23 AM
http://cdn.thegloss.com/files/2011/07/dawson-crying.jpg
http://secfootballfanatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/sec.jpg LOL, classic.

Didnt figure you'd have an intelligent reply.

Old Tiger
11-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Wrong, he interfered all the way into the endzone.Show me where Swope wasn't pushing as well. Both players have a right to the ball. No way Swope catches a ball that was thrown 5 yards out of bounds.

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Wrong, he interfered all the way into the endzone.

Wrong....they bumped a little before getting to end zone and ball was thrown way overhead and out of bounds...I know Swopes is good but he was never catching that one...and I thought it was a good no call aside from fact it was not catchable.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Show me where Swope wasn't pushing as well. Both players have a right to the ball. No way Swope catches a ball that was thrown 5 yards out of bounds. yeah, arguing that call that was semi-questionable but prolly the right one is dumb.

The ball wasnt even close to catchable and the contact wasnt really that much to whine about anyways. That call didnt end up costing A&M the game because they got the lead after that anyways. There was only 1 call that truly affected the outcome.

Old Tiger
11-25-2011, 12:27 AM
yeah, arguing that call that was that semi-questionable but prolly the right one is dumb.

The ball wasnt even close to catchable and the contact wasnt really that much to whine about anyways. That call didnt end up costing A&M the game because they got the lead after that anyways. There was only 1 call that truly affected the outcome.Yeah that 2 point conversion play call was terrible.

yellaseeker
11-25-2011, 12:28 AM

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! Now that's good.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Yeah that 2 point conversion play call was terrible. LOL yeah that one too

OT has jokes.

bigcountry
11-25-2011, 12:31 AM
that call didnt matter and was a good no call IMO anyways. Everything that led up to the final drive didnt matter and was out the door at that point.

The final drive decided the game one way or the other and the biggest/worst call of the night put texas in position to win.

Ags always want to blame a ref when they get beat instead of making plays to win. Refs had nothing to do with McCoy's long scramble that was the REAL game winner....make a frickin play on defense & you don't have to worry about the refs. It just gets ridiculous with aggies....refs losing the game for you instead of making plays, like Case did, when it counts! Glad to not have to hear that crap anymore...get on over to the SEC! By the way, your SEC chants were a little premature tonight....got real quiet when the whistle blew & GAME OVER! Hook'Em DANG Horns!!!

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Ags always want to blame a ref when they get beat instead of making plays to win. Refs had nothing to do with McCoy's long scramble that was the REAL game winner....make a frickin play on defense & you don't have to worry about the refs. It just gets ridiculous with aggies....refs losing the game for you instead of making plays, like Case did, when it counts! Glad to not have to hear that crap anymore...get on over to the SEC! By the way, your SEC chants were a little premature tonight....got real quiet when the whistle blew & GAME OVER! Hook'Em DANG Horns!!! lol another ut douche... quite a few of y'all...

Go back and read my first couple posts. anyone who denies that call changed the game is a moron... including you. When A&M got flagged for that call it was over. Everyone knew Texas was gonna score then. Sure A&M couldve made a stop... but texas couldve also won this game without the aide of a truly horrible call. we'll never know. All i know is, A&M choked like usual. I'm used to it. One way or another, well figure out how to lose. I couldve told you A&M was gonna blow a halftime lead before the game even started. No surprise there.

Enjoy the win and goodluck next week. Meanwhile, we'll be preparing for the no real bowl games want us bowl.

bigcountry
11-25-2011, 12:39 AM

I admit the Big 12 refs have been horrible this year....and have killed the Horns the last several games, however we could have made plays to have overcome them, & tried to win the games. We had a ton of bad calls go against us tonight, and in no way can you use the same ol lame excuse that it cost the Ags the game. Too many other things go into winning or losing the game tonight! Please zebrablue2....had the ags won, we would not have heard a peep. That is what makes ags come across so unclassy at times. Take your loss & move on!

bigcountry
11-25-2011, 12:41 AM
lol another ut douche... quite a few of y'all...

Go back and read my first couple posts. anyone who denies that call changed the game is a moron... including you. When A&M got flagged for that call it was over. Everyone knew Texas was gonna score then. Sure A&M couldve made a stop... but texas couldve also won this game without the aide of a truly horrible call. we'll never know. All i know is, A&M choked like usual. I'm used to it. One way or another, well figure out how to lose. I couldve told you A&M was gonna blow a halftime lead before the game even started. No surprise there.

Enjoy the win and goodluck next week. Meanwhile, we'll be preparing for the no real bowl games want us bowl.

Going to go to your LOW CLASS name calling. Typical aggie in defeat! You are the douche for wanting to blame the refs for your loss!! Get over it dude....ags didn't make plays when it counts! Nice to win this last one....:wave:

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:42 AM
I admit the Big 12 refs have been horrible this year....and have killed the Horns the last several games, however we could have made plays to have overcome them, & tried to win the games. We had a ton of bad calls go against us tonight, and in no way can you use the same ol lame excuse that it cost the Ags the game. Too many other things go into winning or losing the game tonight! Please zebrablue2....had the ags won, we would not have heard a peep. That is what makes ags come across so unclassy it times. Take your loss & move on! Regardless of the outcome, people would still say that was a terrible call.

A&M fans havent complained aside from the bad call which im assuming even a moron like yourself would expect.

The same could be said for you. take your win, however you may have gotten it, and move on.. without being a douche.

Old Tiger
11-25-2011, 12:43 AM
uh oh about to be a douche off.....

in

4loko!:1popcorn::1popcorn:

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Going to go to your LOW CLASS name calling. Typical aggie in defeat! You are the douche for wanting to blame the refs for your loss!! Get over it dude....ags didn't make plays when it counts! Nice to win this last one....:wave: LOL im low class for calling out the guy who is a being a typical ass. lol okay. guess im a douche. it happens

Old Tiger
11-25-2011, 12:47 AM
we have a nice counter by the reigning douche champ saggyaggie.....I look for the #1 douche contender bigcountry to come back firing

yellaseeker
11-25-2011, 12:47 AM
What really changed the game was the amount of turnovers by A&M. You guys quit hate'n on each other lol. I pulled for the Longhorns and enjoyed the whole game. It was a classic old rivalry and one for the history books. For the record, I still would have said it was a damn good game if the Aggies would have won and honestly would have not been sore about it. Gripe if you want and make excuses for this or that. Bottom line is the best team won on this particular day.

bigcountry
11-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Regardless of the outcome, people would still say that was a terrible call.

A&M fans havent complained aside from the bad call which im assuming even a moron like yourself would expect.

The same could be said for you. take your win, however you may have gotten it, and move on.. without being a douche.

Listen little ag douche....get over yourself & your sour grapes. Just get tired of weekend after weekend instead of putting the loss on your TEAM, you start putting the blame on other stuff, such as the refs! Don't you see how WEAK that crap starts to get. You bring up the one call over & over, and have selective memory on the weak roughing the passer call & late hit call on the Horns! Just give the Horns credit for taking it down the field in a little over a minute, in what will go down as the last UT-A&M game, a CLASSIC. Both teams fought like hell. Sweet to win the last one, especially with all the premature SEC chants going on before the final whistle blew!

BaseballUmp
11-25-2011, 12:49 AM
How do you let Case McCoy run down the middle of the field 25 yards? He looks like a chicken with his head cut off 95% of the time. Oh and yea, you mad bro?

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:50 AM
What really changed the game was the amount of turnovers by A&M. You guys quit hate'n on each other lol. I pulled for the Longhorns and enjoyed the whole game. It was a classic old rivalry and one for the history books. For the record, I still would have said it was a damn good game if the Aggies would have won and honestly would have not been sore about it. Gripe if you want and make excuses for this or that. Bottom line is the best team won on this particular day. I can agree with that. Was definitely one for the ages. Tough loss but there was plenty of those this year. Didnt end how i would've liked it, and i wasnt trying to make excuses in my initial post. A&M couldve just as easily stopped texas instead of giving up the big run. I was just pointing out that that was a bad call and contributed to A&M's demise. But like i said, it happens. great teams overcome that, and we can see that A&M was not a great team this year despite how much talent we had.

Goodnight guys.

Old Tiger
11-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Listen little ag douche....get over yourself & your sour grapes. Just get tired of weekend after weekend instead of putting the loss on your TEAM, you start putting the blame on other stuff, such as the refs! Don't you see how WEAK that crap starts to get. You bring up the one call over & over, and have selective memory on the weak roughing the passer call & late hit call on the Horns! Just give the Horns credit for taking it down the field in a little over a minute, in what will go down as the last UT-A&M game, a CLASSIC. Both teams fought like hell. Sweet to win the last one, especially with all the premature SEC chants going on before the final whistle blew!bigcountry throwing haymakers and landing a few.....lets see how the douche champ rebounds. This is going to be an epic bout of douches.

Oh and
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/030/403/YouMad.jpg?1260647699

BaseballUmp
11-25-2011, 12:52 AM
Heavyweight champ bows out in the 3rd round

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Listen little ag douche....get over yourself & your sour grapes. Just get tired of weekend after weekend instead of putting the loss on your TEAM, you start putting the blame on other stuff, such as the refs! Don't you see how WEAK that crap starts to get. You bring up the one call over & over, and have selective memory on the weak roughing the passer call & late hit call on the Horns! Just give the Horns credit for taking it down the field in a little over a minute, in what will go down as the last UT-A&M game, a CLASSIC. Both teams fought like hell. Sweet to win the last one, especially with all the premature SEC chants going on before the final whistle blew! Except all season ive just said we suck. You'd know that if you had a brain, which apparently you dont. I admitted earlier in THIS thread that that roughing the passer call was bad and i agreed that the no call on Vacarro was legit. Im not as big of a moron or homer as you may think. Tonight that PF was a bad call. Even half conscious Texas fans know that. Texas earned it. Not how i wouldve liked it to turn out, but sh*t happens.

Just saying, Texas can take their win and be proud without moronic douches like yourself making idiotic comments.

Old Tiger
11-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Except all season ive just said we suck. You'd know that if you had a brain, which apparently you dont. I admitted earlier in THIS thread that that roughing the passer call was bad and i agreed that the no call on Vacarro was legit. Im not as big of a moron or homer as you may think. Tonight that PF was a bad call. Even half conscious Texas fans know that. Texas earned it. Not how i wouldve liked it to turn out, but sh*t happens.

Just saying, Texas can take their win and be proud without moronic douches like yourself making idiotic comments.that comeback was weak bro....rephrase and come back at him.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2011, 12:58 AM
that comeback was weak bro....rephrase and come back at him. *shrug*

I'm just saying, the guy makes one dumb comment after another. At least my posts make sense, could be that i actually have better than a 4th grade education. who knows?

zebrablue2
11-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Nuff said on this thread! Good night folks!