PDA

View Full Version : Sideline To Sideline Play Off Week 3

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 08:33 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035

we do sum talkin

bobcat1
11-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Great show guys! Thanks for your votes of confidence.

regaleagle
11-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Good coverage of the teams. Agreed with most of your picks. Leads up to an exciting weekend.

toddg
11-23-2011, 05:01 AM
ya'll underestimate the rest of Alvarado's secondary...its not just the #2 show back there.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 05:47 AM
ya'll underestimate the rest of Alvarado's secondary...its not just the #2 show back there.

lol we both are picking Alvarado to win

Gsquared
11-23-2011, 07:05 AM
I dont underestimate anything about Alvarado. I saw them and left impressed at all spots.

'Necks 2013-14
11-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Don't know if you were aware of this but when Sweeny played Wharton they had 7-9 linemen out with injuries. Just sayin'. And BTW you guys have a very entertaining show!! Keep it up!

Gsquared
11-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Don't know if you were aware of this but when Sweeny played Wharton they had 7-9 linemen out with injuries. Just sayin'.
I didnt know that!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Don't know if you were aware of this but when Sweeny played Wharton they had 7-9 linemen out with injuries. Just sayin'. And BTW you guys have a very entertaining show!! Keep it up!

crap wth happened that 7-9 were out..geez bad run of luck

wimbo_pro
11-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Good show guys. If I may, I think you aren't giving enough attention to just how good Taylor was in that game. The Texans didnt play badly over all...yes, some defensive lapses, but offensively, they were on key...its just Taylor played an awesome game. In my view, Taylor would have beaten Gonzales too. I was stunned at their quality play. So the difference between the Taylor game and the Gonzales game was Blakemore on offense, and Gonzales not being as physical as Taylor when running the ball.

SintonFan
11-23-2011, 10:48 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035

we do sum talkin

Yall didn't talk about Sinton, did ya?
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3226/cryingindian.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/cryingindian.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Yall didn't talk about Sinton, did ya?
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3226/cryingindian.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/cryingindian.jpg/)

LOL we spent 4 segments on sinton and who they would beat LOL

SintonFan
11-23-2011, 11:13 AM
LOL we spent 4 segments on sinton and who they would beat LOL

Really?!!!!
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6682/pd2811646.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/pd2811646.jpg/)

Tejastrue
11-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Good show guys. If I may, I think you aren't giving enough attention to just how good Taylor was in that game. The Texans didnt play badly over all...yes, some defensive lapses, but offensively, they were on key...its just Taylor played an awesome game. In my view, Taylor would have beaten Gonzales too. I was stunned at their quality play. So the difference between the Taylor game and the Gonzales game was Blakemore on offense, and Gonzales not being as physical as Taylor when running the ball.

They would of had to be there to truly understand what you are saying Wimbo and if you go by the negative posts here by so many after that game it would be hard to think otherwise.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 11:34 AM
They would of had to be there to truly understand what you are saying Wimbo and if you go by the negative posts here by so many after that game it would be hard to think otherwise.

I wish we could have been there, but we were not..We have to go on what both teams have done up until that game.

Tejastrue
11-23-2011, 11:54 AM
I wish we could have been there, but we were not..We have to go on what both teams have done up until that game.

Then it should not have been as big a surprise considering what Taylor had done the last few weeks of the season including putting up 50 on district champ Lampasas the previous week. It's a moot point now.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Then it should not have been as big a surprise considering what Taylor had done the last few weeks of the season including putting up 50 on district champ Lampasas the previous week. It's a moot point now.

yet they were 3-8..sorry but a state ranked teamn should not need OT to beat a 3-8 team unless that 3-8 team played 11 play off teams in the season

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 12:01 PM
and btw I said the Texans would win and win with ease lol..not like I am saying they will be beat

Tejastrue
11-23-2011, 12:22 PM
yet they were 3-8..sorry but a state ranked teamn should not need OT to beat a 3-8 team unless that 3-8 team played 11 play off teams in the season

Believe what you want...if you go by the paperwork only I can understand why you would say that. It happened..we survived. So are you one of those that believe we are overrated? It is also no secret you favor the east Texas teams.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Believe what you want...if you go by the paperwork only I can understand why you would say that. It happened..we survived. So are you one of those that believe we are overrated? It is also no secret you favor the east Texas teams.

wow..really? I favor East Texas teams?..lets see..this week I said Celina would beat Henderson..I said Arglye would give Carthage everything they could handle..I said WO-S would beat Bullard

I said Gilmer would beat VA..and CH would beat Navasota in a very close game

I have been on the Texans bandwagon ALL year,..I have said in multiple shows the Texans can and might win state

Tejastrue
11-23-2011, 12:46 PM
wow..really? I favor East Texas teams?..lets see..this week I said Celina would beat Henderson..I said Arglye would give Carthage everything they could handle..I said WO-S would beat Bullard

I said Gilmer would beat VA..and CH would beat Navasota in a very close game

I have been on the Texans bandwagon ALL year,..I have said in multiple shows the Texans can and might win state

I said "favor" and I didn't say you pick them all to win..that would be just an east Texas show. Back to your previous post.

"yet they were 3-8..sorry but a state ranked teamn should not need OT to beat a 3-8 team unless that 3-8 team played 11 play off teams in the season"

What is your point? You're obviously trying to say something...

btw...you picked Canyon Lake to beat us remember?:wave:

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 12:51 PM
I said "favor" and I didn't say you pick them all to win..that would be just an east Texas show. Back to your previous post.

"yet they were 3-8..sorry but a state ranked teamn should not need OT to beat a 3-8 team unless that 3-8 team played 11 play off teams in the season"

What is your point? You're obviously trying to say something...

btw...you picked Canyon Lake to beat us remember?:wave:

My point was that unless that 3-8 team played 10 levels above their own talent and ability the reason it was close is because Wimberley played under their standard

and BTW this is word for word a text I got from a Texans coach the Sat after that game....give them credit, but we played the our worst game of the season.

yes I picked CL to win..but I also said it was a swing for the fence out of nowhere shock pick..meaning I was just throwing it agianst the wall and hope it stuck

Tejastrue
11-23-2011, 01:13 PM
My point was that unless that 3-8 team played 10 levels above their own talent and ability the reason it was close is because Wimberley played under their standard

and BTW this is word for word a text I got from a Texans coach the Sat after that game....give them credit, but we played the our worst game of the season.

yes I picked CL to win..but I also said it was a swing for the fence out of nowhere shock pick..meaning I was just throwing it agianst the wall and hope it stuck

It was obvious we did not play our best but as he said "give them credit" and the purpose here was to try and show Taylor a little more appreciation for how well they played. Instead, most chose to dis-credit the Texans. That is all.

rholl
11-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Dang....1st time to listen to the show all year....I've been missing out.....coupla things I noticed....yall called Alv/Wylie 35-21....31-0 was the actual. and second I only bring it up cause I dont know, but yall were talking about "Evans" being Seminole QB....is that right?......the couple things I read talked about Bartach or something similar.....did Seminole have a QB go down or am a "misremembering"?

Matthew328
11-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Dang....1st time to listen to the show all year....I've been missing out.....coupla things I noticed....yall called Alv/Wylie 35-21....31-0 was the actual. and second I only bring it up cause I dont know, but yall were talking about "Evans" being Seminole QB....is that right?......the couple things I read talked about Bartach or something similar.....did Seminole have a QB go down or am a "misremembering"?

Burtch (coaches son) is the Seminole QB

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 01:25 PM

yea that was my fault I got Seminole QB and Sanger QB mixed up

rholl
11-23-2011, 01:36 PM
no sweat!!! Again.....great listen...cant believe I have been missing out all this time!!!!!!!

wimbo_pro
11-23-2011, 01:40 PM

Totally undertood, TxB, i dunno how u guys keep up as it is! Just keep in your stack of data and input from fans that we played well that game. In fact, our performance in that game would of been enough to beat Gonzales, and i bet Sweeny as well. But alas, thats in the past. We expect improvement in this game, as Nelms has shown year after year in the play offs. I think Sweeny is about to reap the whirlwind.

wimbo_pro
11-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Any Texan coach who said it was our worst performance all year is either telling you that for diversionary reasons, or he wasnt at the game. We played far worse games in the year, we just got smacked right in the teeth by a quality performance. Defense screwed up a few times, but the rest of the game, we performed good enough to beat any first round team. Surprise! Those guys executed far better than anyone all year, including Gonzales.

Tejastrue
11-24-2011, 12:45 AM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1342897264025&id=69cfc5762c0e12fb246457486da6bd75Wimbo...:wave:

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 10:10 AM

Texans offense should have been more proficient at moving the ball and really missed Blakemore. That is because o-line did not create running lanes and Qb was under duress often. Lampasas hung 58 on that team the week before. For that matter if Blakemore had played defense only, the game never would have got to OT. Secondary lapses throughout the game hurt and that was against a team not known for passing. Having said that...Taylor was good on offense...they had scored something like 44, 56, and 50 points in three previous games and controlled the ball to shorten the game. Some of results about Taylor good play and some about Texans' making some poor plays.