PDA

View Full Version : Wo-s?

Bullaholic
11-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Don't hear a lot about WO-S this season since all the WO-S posters seem to be hanging out on their own forum. WO-S is still in the playoff hunt---how good are they? Anyone?

Gsquared
11-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Don't hear a lot about WO-S this season since all the WO-S posters seem to be hanging out on their own forum. WO-S is still in the playoff hunt---how good are they? Anyone?
I saw them against Giddings. Defensivly, they are pretty fast. Offensivly they have speed but were somewhat anemic against Giddings. I think if they could catch some consistency on offense, they could be dangerous.

wimbo_pro
11-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Coldspring - WOS. It's coming.

Manso/V8
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Coldspring - WOS. It's coming.

Coldspring will crush WOS.

WOS87
11-22-2011, 02:57 PM
No team has "crushed" WOS in the past 6 seasons dating back to the Wimberley loss in the 2005 semis and I don't see it happening this year either. Our worst loss since 2005 has been by 14 points to Kirbyville the week after our starting QB passed away on the field. We've had many common opponents with Coldspring with very similar score spreads. The only difference I see is that WO-S seems to be improving and hitting their stride over the past 4 weeks (with an 8 game winning streak) and Coldspring has been struggling. WO-S is focussing on Bullard right now so any talk of Coldspring is very premature.

West Orange-Stark 2011 Schedule (9-3-0)
(4A) Nederland 20-21 LOSS
(4A) Friendswood 31-32 (2OT) LOSS
Jasper 37-13 WIN
Giddings 6-14 LOSS
Kirbyville 55-7 WIN
Hamshire-Fannett 22-12 WIN
Orangefield 17-14 WIN
Bridge City 21-16 WIN
Silsbee 24-13 WIN
Hardin-Jefferson 58-6 WIN
Bi-D: Cleveland 58-14 WIN
Area: Columbus 52-9 WIN
Reg: Bullard

Common Opponents with Coldspring
WOS 55, Kirbyville 7
Coldspring 49, Kirbyville 6

WOS 21, Bridge City 16
Coldspring 7, Bridge City 0

WOS 58, Cleveland 14
Coldspring 61, Cleveland 0

GS#17
11-22-2011, 04:35 PM
WOS is pretty good, and they're only 3 plays away from being a 12-0 team right now. I wouldn't say this is the best team WOS has ever fielded - far from it. The defense has had breakdowns in just about every game throughout the season, and the offense has looked very poor at times. Although WOS87 noted they seem to be playing much better now than earlier in the season, I believe a lot of that has to do with the caliber of the opponents they've played in the past few weeks. They are playing with confidence, though, and they have a good amount of athleticism. I think they'll be at least competitive as long as they're in the playoffs.

WOS1
11-22-2011, 05:02 PM
The offense has played much better in the last 5 games. The team appears to be reaching their peak right now and while I will agree with GS that we haven't been playing the pinnacle in opposition, we have played better on offense against the teams we have faced. We did not score an offensive TD against Giddings and have moved the ball very well against, at least 2 teams, in the last 5 weeks that are comparable to Giddings. So that is an improvement. You don't put up 58 and 52 points in the playoffs and be to anemic.

As far as CS goes, if we are fortunate enough to meet them they will not "crush" us, that you can take to the bank. We may lose, but it will be close.

Right now, we're just hoping for a win against a tough Bullard team.

wimbo_pro
11-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Good to hear WOS is hitting their stride. Thats what its all about, and no one knows that more than WOS. We both have 2 more games in front of us before there will be any talk of a re-match, but I got a feeling they (and we) would welcome it! Get 'er done!

griff
11-22-2011, 06:57 PM
WO-S has labored through an adjustment phase with a new OC. We transitioned from a spread team to one that is more run-oriented. It has taken most of the season for the offense to get where they need to be. Earlier we were guilty of too many penalties (mostly illegal procedures), bad snaps, and overall poor execution on offense. In addition, we had some starters injured that put us further behind. We turned the corner in the Silsbee game four weeks ago. All of our injured starters were healthy and it really showed in the effort that night. The play on offense has been consistent since that game. The offensive line has been excellent in their run-blocking. If our offense was playing in the beginning of the season like they are now, we would be undefeated. The defense has been solid all year. In fact, in the Giddings game...of the Buffaloes 42 offensive snaps, 19 of those were for either negative yards of zero gain. Giddings had only 140-something yards that night and most of that was on one big play. It was a strange game because we "felt" like we were winning, but we kept shooting ourselves in the foot every time we got to the red zone (six times, but only 2 FGs to show for it). The defense is still the strongest point of our team. Our kicking game is also quite good, better than most years. If we avoid turnovers, I like our chances to continue advancing.

Manso/V8
11-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Coldspring will crush WOS.

I apologize for using the term crush. It just popped in to my mind by word association with West ORANGE-Stark......Orange Crush (the drink).
We just played Coldspring and was impressed by their defense and the number of athletes that had on both sides of the ball.
I don't really know enough about WOS, but if they had trouble moving the ball against Giddings, they will have a much harder time moving the ball against Coldspring.

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Never been to a WOS game, maybe someday.

lbjacj
11-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Never been to a WOS game, maybe someday.

Been to one. A really good one where the Texans were supposed to lose to Deon Beasley and Earl Thomas
2005 wimberley 52 - 29:clap:

ogg
11-22-2011, 09:45 PM
The Bridge City win is impressive by WOS.

WOS1
11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
I apologize for using the term crush. It just popped in to my mind by word association with West ORANGE-Stark......Orange Crush (the drink).
We just played Coldspring and was impressed by their defense and the number of athletes that had on both sides of the ball.
I don't really know enough about WOS, but if they had trouble moving the ball against Giddings, they will have a much harder time moving the ball against Coldspring.

We didn't have trouble moving it, we had trouble scoring. The yardage in that game was 147 for Giddings, 385 for WOS. We have corrected those problems lately and I sure hope they don't make a return anytime soon.

LionFan72
11-23-2011, 09:53 AM
We didn't have trouble moving it, we had trouble scoring. The yardage in that game was 147 for Giddings, 385 for WOS. We have corrected those problems lately and I sure hope they don't make a return anytime soon.

Playoffs, anything is possible, you cannot measure the heart of a high school football player or team. Glad to see WOS back on the hunt after last year! Congrats!

GUNHO
11-23-2011, 10:11 AM
I agree that it seems we have improved in the areas that were giving us problems.Most were execution and penalties.We still give up the easy score in just about every game.This deep in the playoffs it will kill you against a good team.Our defense is playing well.We tend to bend at times but don't break.We are not that beast you dread but I fell we can play with anyone.

wimbo_pro
11-23-2011, 10:28 AM
I agree that it seems we have improved in the areas that were giving us problems.Most were execution and penalties.We still give up the easy score in just about every game.This deep in the playoffs it will kill you against a good team.Our defense is playing well.We tend to bend at times but don't break.We are not that beast you dread but I fell we can play with anyone.

As long as they are getting better each game, you are definitely in the hunt!!! Good luck!

Bullaholic
11-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Sure good to see some of you WOS, and other Reg 3&4 fans in here.....Now if I could only get Jody and Old Card to post and tell us the REAL story on WOS this season...:D

WOS1
11-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Sure good to see some of you WOS, and other Reg 3&4 fans in here.....Now if I could only get Jody and Old Card to post and tell us the REAL story on WOS this season...:D

LOL... Whatever happened to OC? I remember when we first dropped all of his "inside scoop" posts about WOS like he knew us. Hard to believe that was 2004. Where does the time go?

griff
11-23-2011, 08:53 PM

The WO-S posters you're referring to are still here. Southeast Texas has a very active regional site where we spend more time. I heard that OldCardinal was still checking 3adl, just not posting much. As for Jody...no way...you don't want him back on here. He was banned from this site and two others.

wimbo_pro
11-23-2011, 09:07 PM
The WO-S posters you're referring to are still here. Southeast Texas has a very active regional site where we spend more time. I heard that OldCardinal was still checking 3adl, just not posting much. As for Jody...no way...you don't want him back on here. He was banned from this site and two others.

Are we welcome to that site? If so, please post the link. If not...well....ok.

WOS1
11-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Here ya go! Enjoy!

http://www.**********.com/

WOS1
11-23-2011, 09:18 PM
I guess you're not supposed to post other websites? Anyway, it's **********.

WOS1
11-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Wow! What's up with that?

WOS92
11-23-2011, 10:29 PM
s e t x sports dot com

wimbo_pro
11-23-2011, 10:32 PM
I guess you're not supposed to post other websites? Anyway, it's **********.

OK..I can take a hint. Thanks anyways.