PDA

View Full Version : Current 4A Playoff Teams Who Might Go 3A...

Bullaholic
11-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Stephenville, LaMarque, and Kilgore all in playoffs thru Regionals, so far. If they don't lose a bunch to graduation and do drop down next season---Whoa, Nellie!

Twirling Time
11-22-2011, 01:11 PM
The heck of it is, La Marque dropped so far in enrollment they'll likely be in 3A small school.

Red&White_9x5
11-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Either one of these teams going 3A would not be good news for the rest of 3A. Stephenville would constantly dominate Region 1 and LaMarque would do the same in Region 3

ExScoop
11-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I''m wondering why would El Campo's enrollment is dropping?

I go there often and seems like more and more businesse's are opening.

Had at leat three new restaurants open in the fall

There are some industries there and another will open

Guess the population is decreasing.

Necked
11-22-2011, 02:59 PM
... LaMarque would do the same in Region 3

LaMarque is just down the road from Columbia/Sweeny, who are in region 4, so it is possible that they could all end up in Region 4 next year. Would be like putting a shark in a guppy tank...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2011, 04:12 PM
LaMarque is just down the road from Columbia/Sweeny, who are in region 4, so it is possible that they could all end up in Region 4 next year. Would be like putting a shark in a guppy tank...LOL!!! :clap:

Dogs_21
11-22-2011, 04:40 PM
La Marque Will probably go to Region 3 With Sweeny, Needville, Bay City, Brazosport & West Columbia and be the little school! No Matter if their enrollment drop they will be tough in 3A and if they go Region 4 No doubt they would win it Big or small school! El Campo will Challenge teams like Wimberly & Cuero in Region 4. El Campo to me this year could have possibly won Region 4 DI. Just my opinion.

hollywood
11-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Either one of these teams going 3A would not be good news for the rest of 3A. Stephenville would constantly dominate Region 1 and LaMarque would do the same in Region 3

Not sure about La Marque, but Sville will not likely dominate Reg 1 the next few years, if they drop. They loose several key players after this year. Still have a good QB, WR, and LB. Abilene Wylie has been sub par the last 2 years and will likely be up within the next few. Brownwood is going through the same thing. Maybe not next year but the next few, Brownwood is going to be up again.

slingshot
11-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Not sure about La Marque, but Sville will not likely dominate Reg 1 the next few years, if they drop. They loose several key players after this year. Still have a good QB, WR, and LB. Abilene Wylie has been sub par the last 2 years and will likely be up within the next few. Brownwood is going through the same thing. Maybe not next year but the next few, Brownwood is going to be up again.I agree. We will be better next year and scary the year after that... I predict we will be back to our normal (4+ rounds in the playoffs) in the next 2 years. Brownwood/Wylie rematch in the Reg I DII final next year???

Old Green
11-22-2011, 07:30 PM
La Marque Will probably go to Region 3 With Sweeny, Needville, Bay City, Brazosport & West Columbia and be the little school! No Matter if their enrollment drop they will be tough in 3A and if they go Region 4 No doubt they would win it Big or small school! El Campo will Challenge teams like Wimberly & Cuero in Region 4. El Campo to me this year could have possibly won Region 4 DI. Just my opinion.It's good chance come Realignment that El Campo could end up in the same district with Cuero.

the genious
11-23-2011, 12:27 AM
It's good chance come Realignment that El Campo could end up in the same district with Cuero.

They have been sayin El Campo is gonna drop forever! They are always talented and seem to have a let down in the playoffs... If they were consistent they will contend every year!

Matthew328
11-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Not sure about La Marque, but Sville will not likely dominate Reg 1 the next few years, if they drop. They loose several key players after this year. Still have a good QB, WR, and LB. Abilene Wylie has been sub par the last 2 years and will likely be up within the next few. Brownwood is going through the same thing. Maybe not next year but the next few, Brownwood is going to be up again.

It's not like Stephenville hasn't been a consistently good 4A team for 20 years or so though, they'll be really good no matter what class they are in.

Old LB
11-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Any team coming out of a Stephenville/Brownwood/Wylie district should be tested and ready for a playoff run, would much rather play in a tough district.

ccmom
11-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Any team coming out of a Stephenville/Brownwood/Wylie district should be tested and ready for a playoff run, would much rather play in a tough district. I bet all 3 won't be in same district. Of course I have zero facts to back that up but I just don't see it happening.

Old LB
11-23-2011, 07:42 AM
I bet all 3 won't be in same district. Of course I have zero facts to back that up but I just don't see it happening.

You're probably right, still make for some good regional playoff games though. We don't care if we beat ya'll in district or the playoffs! :1popcorn:

ccmom
11-23-2011, 08:03 AM
You're probably right, still make for some good regional playoff games though. We don't care if we beat ya'll in district or the playoffs! :1popcorn:. Considering Brownwood has only beaten Wylie ONCE in district, I'm sure you don't care a bit! :wave:

jason
11-23-2011, 08:14 AM
The 2012 D1 State Championship Parade will be held Tuesday, December 18th @10am and will follow the same route as Stephenville/TSU Homecoming parade route.
Thank you all for playing - better luck next year...

Old LB
11-23-2011, 08:23 AM
The 2012 D1 State Championship Parade will be held Tuesday, December 18th @10am and will follow the same route as Stephenville/TSU Homecoming parade route.
Thank you all for playing - better luck next year...

Okay Rocket. :crazy:

garciap77
11-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Okay Rocket. :crazy:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

scrub c
11-23-2011, 08:28 AM
La Marque Will probably go to Region 3 With Sweeny, Needville, Bay City, Brazosport & West Columbia and be the little school! No Matter if their enrollment drop they will be tough in 3A and if they go Region 4 No doubt they would win it Big or small school! El Campo will Challenge teams like Wimberly & Cuero in Region 4. El Campo to me this year could have possibly won Region 4 DI. Just my opinion.

there are not enough reg IV teams to make all 6 team districts as it is, but you never know about UIL.
I still think LM goes reg III with a new HISD district plus Stafford.

Matthew328
11-23-2011, 09:06 AM
In defense of 3A there's been very 4A's who have dropped down and dominated though...just one that I can think of in the past 10-15 years....Stephenville/LaMarque may be the exception though

jason
11-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Okay Rocket. :crazy:lol...yeah right...

if there is anybody who will speak out against stephenville ruling the 3a world, it's me...

they went 4 rounds last year but got donkey stomped by a team who was 5th at best in 3a....

Old Green
11-23-2011, 09:17 AM
They have been sayin El Campo is gonna drop forever! They are always talented and seem to have a let down in the playoffs... If they were consistent they will contend every year!True:iagree:

hollywood
11-23-2011, 09:53 AM
It's not like Stephenville hasn't been a consistently good 4A team for 20 years or so though, they'll be really good no matter what class they are in.

Agree with the first part, but they wouldn't be "good" in 5A. Compete yes, but wouldn't be consistent enough to be labeled as "good". They would have too many injuries with not enough depth to support.

They belong in 3A.

ctown81
11-23-2011, 09:56 AM
In defense of 3A there's been very 4A's who have dropped down and dominated though...just one that I can think of in the past 10-15 years....Stephenville/LaMarque may be the exception though

It's possible though. Henderson dropped down last year and won it all and have a good chance of doing it again. I'm sure our friends in Brownwood may take offense. I believe they beat stephenville last year.

Matthew328
11-23-2011, 10:12 AM
I forgot about Henderson, for some reason I thought they were in 3A for two years prior....West Orange-Stark and Jasper both dropped and have been good but not great...same for Brownwood....Paris has been pretty meh and Big Spring was doing better in 4A...the only team who dropped and really dominated was Everman and that was just four years and they went right back to 4A....Stephenville, Kilgore, LaMarque and El Campo would all likely stay in 3A for a while.

Bullaholic
11-23-2011, 10:30 AM
The observation I was making is that it's one thing for a 4A team to drop to 3A, but quite another for a good 4A team who was good enough to go deep in the 4A playoffs to drop down, and I think that is the gist of the posts that you guys were making.

BEAST
11-23-2011, 10:32 AM
I cant wait to see how our East Texas friends are going to figure out how include La Marque as East Texas.

BEAST

hsbtex
11-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Laughing!! That is good stuff!

Bullaholic
11-23-2011, 10:47 AM
I cant wait to see how our East Texas friends are going to figure out how include La Marque as East Texas.

BEAST

LOL. They'll just say that if they can outrun everybody else, they have to be East Texans...:D

carter08
11-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Columbia has done pretty well since dropping to 3A a few years ago.

Old Green
11-23-2011, 02:36 PM
I forgot about Henderson, for some reason I thought they were in 3A for two years prior....West Orange-Stark and Jasper both dropped and have been good but not great...same for Brownwood....Paris has been pretty meh and Big Spring was doing better in 4A...the only team who dropped and really dominated was Everman and that was just four years and they went right back to 4A....Stephenville, Kilgore, LaMarque and El Campo would all likely stay in 3A for a while.Henderson is the 1st to drop from 4A to 3A and win a SC that i can recall . I started keeping up with this sta since the 1980 season.

hollywood
11-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Well, if Brownwood's defense would have suited up in 2008, they would have done it. ;)

buckeyebob
11-24-2011, 06:27 AM
I cant wait to see how our East Texas friends are going to figure out how include La Marque as East Texas.BEAST

We will have no double named teams unless it starts with "NEW" so if they want to change it to New Marque, maybe.

buckeyebob
11-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Henderson is the 1st to drop from 4A to 3A and win a SC that i can recall . I started keeping up with this sta since the 1980 season.

What about Carthrage? They moved from 4A in 2002. We moved to 4A for the 1996 & 1997 season then back to 3A....does that count?

RPF2666
11-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Well, if Brownwood's defense would have suited up in 2008, they would have done it. ;)

If IFS and BUTS were CANDY and NUTS, Christmas would be EVERYDAY! ;)

Old Green
11-24-2011, 07:40 AM
What about Carthrage? They moved from 4A in 2002. We moved to 4A for the 1996 & 1997 season then back to 3A....does that count?No. Imeant the 1st year they dropped to 3A. It took Carthage several years to win a 3A state championship. Henderson won a SC their 1st year in 3A after dropping down. Lots of 4A drop downs won a SC after they were in 3A several years.

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Anyone remember WOS, Jasper, Brownwood dropping down and dominating? :stirpot:

Sorry folks...no disrespect intended toward any of the mentioned schools or their posters. :)

Old Green
11-24-2011, 11:25 AM

Sorry folks...no disrespect intended toward any of the mentioned schools or their posters. :)Or Cuero when they dropped from 4A in 1982. Took them 5 years to win a SC:iagree:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Sinton dropped from 4a after back to back years of playoff appearences(they cracked the top 10 in ap poll in '83 for 4a) and get introcuded to 3a(1984) by not making the playoffs! Ok that goes way back :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Or Cuero when they dropped from 4A in 1982. Took them 5 years to win a SC:iagree:Sinton first playoff game in 3a was against Cuero in 1985 and a Gobbler 35-7 win.

Sportshack
11-24-2011, 11:45 AM
We will have no double named teams unless it starts with "NEW" so if they want to change it to New Marque, maybe.

:2thumbsup

Buckeye1980
11-25-2011, 02:36 AM

BEAST

Easy......split the state in half, east and west, they are in the eastern half

Old Green
11-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Sinton first playoff game in 3a was against Cuero in 1985 and a Gobbler 35-7 win.Yep ! First year for the Gobblers to make it to the 3A state finals.

j_dog
12-01-2011, 11:59 PM

Sorry folks...no disrespect intended toward any of the mentioned schools or their posters. :)

no, but i remember a jasper team that slipped by a LH team. :crazy::ack!:

jason
12-02-2011, 08:39 AM
could possibly have a stephenville vs kilgore 4a state semi-final next week...

and then (probably unlikely) meet la marque in the state championship...

Matthew328
12-02-2011, 09:19 AM

WOS, Jasper and Brownwood haven't dominated....Everman and Henderson (both short sample sizes) did.....it just depends on team, whats coming back etc....Stephenville and LaMarque look to be more like Everman/Henderson....Kilgore maybe more like WOS, Jasper, Brownwood and Paris

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 09:26 AM
WOS, Jasper and Brownwood haven't dominated....Everman and Henderson (both short sample sizes) did.....it just depends on team, whats coming back etc....Stephenville and LaMarque look to be more like Everman/Henderson....Kilgore maybe more like WOS, Jasper, Brownwood and Paris +1

Any team like LM and Stephenville that are consistently in the 4A semi's/state games is probably gonna do well in 3A, especially LM if they go R4.

Kilgore seems to be the more "happy to be there in the semi's" once in a while kinda team that will have success but probably not dominate. Then again, i thought the same about henderson and they came in and won state... so we'll see.

GrTigers6
12-02-2011, 09:29 AM
+1

Any team like LM and Stephenville that are consistently in the 4A semi's/state games is probably gonna do well in 3A, especially LM if they go R4.

Kilgore seems to be the more "happy to be there in the semi's" once in a while kinda team that will have success but probably not dominate. Then again, i thought the same about henderson and they came in and won state... so we'll see.But if Stephenville drops to 3a they will morethan likely have to contend with us so that will take care of any hopes thay have to succeed.:D:taunt::stirpot:

jason
12-02-2011, 03:32 PM
But if Stephenville drops to 3a they will morethan likely have to contend with us so that will take care of any hopes thay have to succeed.:D:taunt::stirpot:

stephenville > brownwood > glen rose