PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
that any 1 district has ever done?

I know last year the district of doom had both state champs. It doesnt get better than that, but has there ever been a time when all 3 teams from one district made it to the regional final?

Basically, 1 team wins d1, and the other two play for the d2 regional title?

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 12:29 PM
I think in 5A a district won the D1 and D2 Championship in the same year but I don't remember who or when exactly.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 12:30 PM
I know back in 03 in 2A..Garrison won state..San Augustine won state..and Timpson lost to SA in the play offs..al from same district

Black_Magic
11-22-2011, 12:31 PM
that any 1 district has ever done?

I know last year the district of doom had both state champs. It doesnt get better than that, but has there ever been a time when all 3 teams from one district made it to the regional final?

Basically, 1 team wins d1, and the other two play for the d2 regional title? 2004 Wylie won Division I Title ( Snyder beat them in district that year) and Snyder beat Sweetwater( other district opponent ) in the quarerfinal game to face Gilmer in the Semifinal game. So the district had 3 teams playing out of 12 total 3A teams one week and had 2 teams out of the total 6 3A teams still in it the next. not bad.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2011, 12:37 PM
2007 District 29 had 3 teams playing for the region title. Gonzales in D1 and Cuero vs Palacios D2. Gonzales lost to Pleasanton and Cuero beat Palacios.

MGAR
11-22-2011, 12:47 PM
In 07 both Tatum and EF lost in state... EF knocked Arp out of the playoffs a few weeks before.

Although, neither of these three teams from district won state it's still pretty impressive.

NastySlot
11-22-2011, 01:16 PM
I think in 5A a district won the D1 and D2 Championship in the same year but I don't remember who or when exactly.

I think the first season they had split divisions.......SA Roosvelt and Judson won 5A titles.

BEAST
11-22-2011, 01:19 PM
When Brownwood was in 4A, us Waco High and Copperas Cove made the playoffs. Cove and Waco went on to play for the Title. Waco knocked us off in the Quarters.

BEAST

nobogey72
11-22-2011, 03:12 PM
2004 Wylie won Division I Title ( Snyder beat them in district that year) and Snyder beat Sweetwater( other district opponent ) in the quarerfinal game to face Gilmer in the Semifinal game. So the district had 3 teams playing out of 12 total 3A teams one week and had 2 teams out of the total 6 3A teams still in it the next. not bad.

I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part but you failed to mention that Sweetwater beat ya'll that year in district.

Super_R
11-22-2011, 03:16 PM
In 03 or 04 District 25AAA had Burnet, Wimberley, LH, and Bandera. In those years and the following few Burnet lost 2 State Champ games, Bandera and Wimberley each won 1 State Championship, and LH won 2 state Championships. that district was loaded!

Black_Magic
11-22-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part but you failed to mention that Sweetwater beat ya'll that year in district. didnt feel it needed to be mentioned considering we beat them the last time we played when it counted the most.... I remember that game ended somethihng like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZghatdM8mo