PDA

View Full Version : TxBroadcaster

Raider Red
11-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Did you see the Chapel Hill-La Vega game? You don't seem to give much credit to La Vega for the outstanding game they played against the #1 team in the state. Could those turnovers have been caused by La Vega's defense and not inepitude on Chill's part? I just hate to see someone dismiss an outstanding effort by a good team by insinuating that the #1 team made all these mistakes. If La Vega doesn't miss a block on the goal line and miss a tackle on a play CH was running to get to overtime, La Vega is playing and CHill is staying home. Both teams made mistakes-Chill won. Congratulations and good luck in the future games but don't dismiss the game La Vega played.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Did you see the Chapel Hill-La Vega game? You don't seem to give much credit to La Vega for the outstanding game they played against the #1 team in the state. Could those turnovers have been caused by La Vega's defense and not inepitude on Chill's part? I just hate to see someone dismiss an outstanding effort by a good team by insinuating that the #1 team made all these mistakes. If La Vega doesn't miss a block on the goal line and miss a tackle on a play CH was running to get to overtime, La Vega is playing and CHill is staying home. Both teams made mistakes-Chill won. Congratulations and good luck in the future games but don't dismiss the game La Vega played.

I never took credit away from La Vega..their D played very well.,.but CH gave them all 3 scoring drives on the CH side of the field..did LV D have something to do with it, maybe but the CH team until last week was not a team that turns the ball over a ton..either way CH did what it took

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Did you see the Chapel Hill-La Vega game? You don't seem to give much credit to La Vega for the outstanding game they played against the #1 team in the state. Could those turnovers have been caused by La Vega's defense and not inepitude on Chill's part? I just hate to see someone dismiss an outstanding effort by a good team by insinuating that the #1 team made all these mistakes. If La Vega doesn't miss a block on the goal line and miss a tackle on a play CH was running to get to overtime, La Vega is playing and CHill is staying home. Both teams made mistakes-Chill won. Congratulations and good luck in the future games but don't dismiss the game La Vega played. I have to agree. I was there and LV matched up athlete for athlete with chill. QB missed an open tight end for a td in the first qt and got stopped a football length short on 4th down in the redzone once and again on the goal line for the win.

Chill scored on 2 LONG lucky plays, but didn't do much else offensively all night.

LV got 1 td from a short field because their punter pinned chill on their own 5 and then the LV defense pushed them back to the 1. 2 fumble recoveries helped LV score twice more but 1 of those drives LV drove the full length of the field.

If you dismiss the 2 LONG plays chill had, I'd bet LV out gained chill substantially. Chill didn't screw up and allow this game to stay close. LV defense stuffed the chill running game all night minus the heart breaker at the end and they moved the ball pretty well. 2 very evenly matched teams and LV was 1 yard away from sending chill home. 2 VERY good teams went at it in Huntsville. I would say LV was a top 5 team in 3A. Very good football team

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 10:46 AM
I have to agree. I was there and LV matched up athlete for athlete with chill. QB missed an open tight end for a td in the first qt and got stopped a football length short on 4th down in the redzone once and again on the goal line for the win.

Chill scored on 2 LONG lucky plays, but didn't do much else offensively all night.

LV got 1 td from a short field because their punter pinned chill on their own 5 and then the LV defense pushed them back to the 1. 2 fumble recoveries helped LV score twice more but 1 of those drives LV drove the full length of the field.

LV did not have a long scoring drive Saggy..all 3 started on CH side

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 10:52 AM
LV did not have a long scoring drive Saggy..all 3 started on CH side LV drove full length of the field. Turned it over a football length short on 4th down on chill 18 yard line. very next play, LV recovers a chill fumble. Very next play is an 18 yard td.

They technically only had an 18 yard drive but they had driven the full length of the field to get to that point. Might as well be 1 drive. Point is, they moved the ball a LOT better than you give them credit for. The final drive that nearly won it for LV started around their own 30 and ended on chill goal line. Just take my word for it, I was there.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 10:55 AM
LV drove full length of the field. Turned it over a football length short on 4th down on chill 18 yard line. very next play, LV recovers a chill fumble. Very next play is an 18 yard td.

They technically only had an 18 yard drive but they had driven the full length of the field to get to that point. Might as well be 1 drive. Point is, they moved the ball a LOT better than you give them credit for. The final drive that nearly won it for LV started around their own 30 and ended on chill goal line. Just take my word for it, I was there.

lol u cant say might as well have been one drive..CH friggin fumbled the ball back to them..yes La Vega moved the ball well..no one ever claimed CH's D was dominant it has always been about the offense and the D would do just enough to win I think I predicted a 42-21 type of game..the fact CH kept stopping LV on the long drives actually surprised me..If you would have told me before the game CH would score 27 and turn the ball over 3 times inside their own 20 I would have said LV wins going away.

Bullaholic
11-22-2011, 10:56 AM
What did you guys expect from somebody from Marshall? :D

Seriously--I have never found TxB to be biased in his broadcasts or his posts--but he does call em' like he sees em'.

I didn't post it, but I really did think La Vega was a huge "darkhorse" from the start of the season this year and had a real chance of upsetting teams like Chapel Hill because they were that good.

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 11:00 AM
lol u cant say might as well have been one drive..CH friggin fumbled the ball back to them..yes La Vega moved the ball well..no one ever claimed CH's D was dominant it has always been about the offense and the D would do just enough to win I think I predicted a 42-21 type of game..the fact CH kept stopping LV on the long drives actually surprised me..If you would have told me before the game CH would score 27 and turn the ball over 3 times inside their own 20 I would have said LV wins going away. just trying to make the point that chill didn't really give the game away like you seemed to think they did.

Either way, 2 very good teams. LV was the first team that I saw that I actually thought matched chill in talent. VERY surprised by that actually

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 11:04 AM
just trying to make the point that chill didn't really give the game away like you seemed to think they did.

Either way, 2 very good teams. LV was the first team that I saw that I actually thought matched chill in talent. VERY surprised by that actually

I never said LV could not match them talent wise..that was a big topic of our show..but I still feel if a team turns the ball over 3 times inside their own 20 and the opponent only scores on those drives they are giving the game away unless your saying the two fumbles were OMG hits and the 17 yard punt was because the punt block rush was so amazing the punter had no chance

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 11:10 AM
I never said LV could not match them talent wise..that was a big topic of our show..but I still feel if a team turns the ball over 3 times inside their own 20 they are giving the game away unless your saying the two fumbles were OMG hits and the 17 yard punt was because the punt block rush was so amazing the punter had no chance 1 of the 2 fumbles was a pretty impressive hit. The 17 yard punt was because chill was on their own 1 inch line... Inside the 1. The punter had zero room. That is completely due to LV defense and punter. I wouldn't mark that up as a 'turnover' considering it was a punt from the back of their endzone.

My point is, if ANYONE have the game away, it was LV. Completely out gained chill but gave up 2 huge runs, 1 the winning score. Turned it over on downs on the goal line and the TE missed a td that was right off his finger tips.

In order to give the game away, I think you first need to have control of the game. Chill never had control until the final minute. LV controlled the game and THEY gave it away IMO.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 11:15 AM
1 of the 2 fumbles was a pretty impressive hit. The 17 yard punt was because chill was on their own 1 inch line... Inside the 1. The punter had zero room. That is completely due to LV defense and punter. I wouldn't mark that up as a 'turnover' considering it was a punt from the back of their endzone.

My point is, if ANYONE have the game away, it was LV. Completely out gained chill but gave up 2 huge runs, 1 the winning score. Turned it over on downs on the goal line and the TE missed a td that was right off his finger tips.

In order to give the game away, I think you first need to have control of the game. Chill never had control until the final minute. LV controlled the game and THEY gave it away IMO.

just for record..the punter was on 1 yard line because a bad snap by CH center and Sanez had to go get the ball at 1.

When I say give the game away I mean CH IMO was the better team by at least two touchdowns..only way La Vega would stay in the game was if CH turned the ball over..that is exactly what happen..La Vega score 3 times..all three times that drive started inside the CH 20..IMO that is giving it away

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 12:18 PM
just for record..the punter was on 1 yard line because a bad snap by CH center and Sanez had to go get the ball at 1.

When I say give the game away I mean CH IMO was the better team by at least two touchdowns..only way La Vega would stay in the game was if CH turned the ball over..that is exactly what happen..La Vega score 3 times..all three times that drive started inside the CH 20..IMO that is giving it away

Just for the record it was still 3rd and 10 from the 5 before that happened.

And I think its opposite, I think the only reason Chill was able to win this game is because they had the THREE long tds. They never sustained ANYTHING offensively outside of the td drive before halftime. Thats IT. The other scores were a 1 yard run after a 70 yard pass, a 56 yard run that took 1 play, and a 92 yard run in the final 0:50 when they were just trying to run the clock out and go to OT.

LV's scoring drives may have been short fields, but they sustained WAY more offense throughout the night that Chill. Chill made a couple big plays and that was the difference. We just dont see eye to eye. I saw LV move the ball and stuff Chill on 95% of plays. That 5% where they broke through is the difference. I thought LV was the dominant team and they blew it. We just dont see eye to eye on this one and prolly never will. I think LV had it and lost, and outplayed Chill from start to finish and you think LV was only even close because they got a couple short fields. Agree to disagree.

I think the only reason chill was even close was because of a couple fluke long plays, but turnovers and missed assignments leading to big plays is part of football.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 12:27 PM

And I think its opposite, I think the only reason Chill was able to win this game is because they had the THREE long tds. They never sustained ANYTHING offensively outside of the td drive before halftime. Thats IT. The other scores were a 1 yard run after a 70 yard pass, a 56 yard run that took 1 play, and a 92 yard run in the final 0:50 when they were just trying to run the clock out and go to OT.

LV's scoring drives may have been short fields, but they sustained WAY more offense throughout the night that Chill. Chill made a couple big plays and that was the difference. We just dont see eye to eye. I saw LV move the ball and stuff Chill on 95% of plays. That 5% where they broke through is the difference. I thought LV was the dominant team and they blew it. We just dont see eye to eye on this one and prolly never will. I think LV had it and lost, and outplayed Chill from start to finish and you think LV was only even close because they got a couple short fields. Agree to disagree.

I think the only reason chill was even close was because of a couple fluke long plays, but turnovers and missed assignments leading to big plays is part of football.

The long play has been CH all year..they are not a team that drives the field in 10 plays..they are a big strike offense..so you call them a fluke play or luck play, but that is what they do stike fast with big plays

Chillfan
11-22-2011, 12:32 PM

La Vega played a great ballgame and i hated to see them go down in the 2nd round because they are a top team. Its sad that La Vega is playing bball while teams like Bullard in which CH killed are still playing. I dont think we will see a better defense than we played last friday night.

How would you compare WC's d to LV's d?

Get ready Saggy!!! I think them Dogs will make it pass this week.

Chillfan
11-22-2011, 12:34 PM
The long play has been CH all year..they are not a team that drives the field in 10 plays..they are a big strike offense..so you call them a fluke play or luck play, but that is what they do stike fast with big plays

He's right Saggy. You wont see CH driving a entire field very often. Just like the Lindale game.

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 12:41 PM
La Vega played a great ballgame and i hated to see them go down in the 2nd round because they are a top team. Its sad that La Vega is playing bball while teams like Bullard in which CH killed are still playing. I dont think we will see a better defense than we played last friday night.

How would you compare WC's d to LV's d?

Get ready Saggy!!! I think them Dogs will make it pass this week. Wc has a solid D, but LV's is better. I honestly believe LV was/is a top 5 team in 3A this year and they are at home.

I think Wc has more offense than LV though.

WC's biggest problem will be matching up on the lines. LV matched Chill in size and speed on the lines. I dont think WC can do that. WC does have the skill position players though to matchup.

I'f im being completely honest, I think LV/Chill are both 2 TDs better than WC, BUT on any given night a few turnovers or a few big plays, and 2 TDs is nothing. If chill plays a more sound game against Columbia, I think they can win by as many as 28 like last year. I dont think that will happen, and i think Wc will be looking for revenge this year. I'm predicting a game within 10 points, one way or the other. Good luck to CHILL this week. You'll need to play well because I think the Rattlers are better than they were last year. We've got our hands full this week with LaVernia.

I'll be looking forward to whichever teams makes it out of region 3 though if we can get by LV.

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 12:43 PM
He's right Saggy. You wont see CH driving a entire field very often. Just like the Lindale game. Doesnt make sense to me to have such a dominant offense and big play capability but not be able to sustain drives. The chill team i saw last year moved down the field at will.

But either way, its done. Chill won and they move on. Doesnt matter if its by 1 or 100 pretty or ugly. They got it done and their D came up HUGE when it had to.

I think congrats are definitely in order for LV though. They played an outstanding game and had some awesome athletes. Like i said, I never thought id see the day when another 3A team matched chill in raw talent at every position. They were a damn good team.

MGAR
11-22-2011, 12:44 PM

It's sad?

I think it's great when a school makes history.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Doesnt make sense to me to have such a dominant offense and big play capability but not be able to sustain drives. The chill team i saw last year moved down the field at will.

not that are not able to..but when a team has say 10 possesions in a game and 5 of them have plays that go for 30 or more yards the amount of first downs and TOP will be down...That is where I said LV did a real solid job..they gave up 3 big plays, but did a better job of keeping CH from getting the ball

Chillfan
11-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Wc has a solid D, but LV's is better. I honestly believe LV was/is a top 5 team in 3A this year and they are at home.

WC's biggest problem will be matching up on the lines. LV matched Chill in size and speed on the lines. I dont think WC can do that. WC does have the skill position players though to matchup.

I'f im being completely honest, I think LV/Chill are both 2 TDs better than WC, BUT on any given night a few turnovers or a few big plays, and 2 TDs is nothing. If chill plays a more sound game against Columbia, I think they can win by as many as 28 like last year. I dont think that will happen, and i think Wc will be looking for revenge this year. I'm predicting a game within 10 points, one way or the other. Good luck to CHILL this week. You'll need to play well because I think the Rattlers are better than they were last year. We've got our hands full this week with LaVernia.

I'll be looking forward to whichever teams makes it out of region 3 though if we can get by LV.

I dont know what happened to CH's throwing game last week. Normally Saenz is lighting up the field. He only threw 9 times against Jasper. But they also had 500 yds+ of rushing. LV could have been the problem with us not getting our passing game going. There DB's could cover and tackle very well. I expect alot better games this year out of NV and WC.

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 12:50 PM
not that are not able to..but when a team has say 10 possesions in a game and 5 of them have plays that go for 30 or more yards the amount of first downs and TOP will be down...That is where I said LV did a real solid job..they gave up 3 big plays, but did a better job of keeping CH from getting the ball yeah the LV defense was pretty darn good. I dont think anyone has been able to contain the Chill offense that well, especially considering they were working at full strength with all their players. I feel like if LV had been playing just about anyone else, they'd still be playing this week.

Raider Red
11-22-2011, 12:54 PM
My original point was to ask Tx Broadcaster if he saw the game or was just reporting what he heard or was told. like SaggyAggie, I was there and I saw two really good teams get after each other. I just thought Tx and a couple of others, by their comments, were dismissing the overall effort by a good La Vega team . The old story of "well, if CHill hadn't turned the ball over" is the same as "if La Vega hadn't missed a block or that tackle". Just give credit as Saggy Aggie did to both teams. By the way, La Vega returns 8 both ways including the QB and all three running backs. Look for them here again next year.

MGAR
11-22-2011, 12:55 PM
yeah the LV defense was pretty darn good. I dont think anyone has been able to contain the Chill offense that well, especially considering they were working at full strength with all their players. I feel like if LV had been playing just about anyone else, they'd still be playing this week.

I don't think allowing 404 yards is being pretty darn good on defense.

just saying

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I don't think allowing 404 yards is being pretty darn good on defense.

just saying if you dont consider that more than 200 of those came on 3 plays, including 92 in the final 0:50 of the game, then yeah. I saw chill go 3 and out several times and saw lv do things to chills offense that no one had done all year.

But sure, look only at 1 number and end your observations there. Makes sense

LV allowed 1 scoring drive and 3 long tds, and only 27 points. Not too bad considering that chill has been averaging about 50 a game. Kinda hard to do any better than what LV did IMO.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 01:08 PM
if you dont consider that more than 200 of those came on 3 plays

Again that is CH in a nutshell..would be like a team saying hey at least we held Liberty Hill to only 20 yards passing

I will be impressed if any team forces CH TO DRIVE the field and not give upbig plays because then that means they were able to take the biggest strength of CH and stop it...stopping them on alot of drives but still giving up 3-4 explosion plays just means LV did better than alot of teams

Gsquared
11-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Wc has a solid D, but LV's is better. I honestly believe LV was/is a top 5 team in 3A this year and they are at home.

Saggy , I agree with you on WC. WC has the skill players to match up with anyone. The interior line is a tad slower and that would hurt them against the aforementioned teams.

MGAR
11-22-2011, 01:18 PM
if you dont consider that more than 200 of those came on 3 plays, including 92 in the final 0:50 of the game, then yeah. I saw chill go 3 and out several times and saw lv do things to chills offense that no one had done all year.

But sure, look only at 1 number and end your observations there. Makes sense

LV allowed 1 scoring drive and 3 long tds, and only 27 points. Not too bad considering that chill has been averaging about 50 a game. Kinda hard to do any better than what LV did IMO.

Actually I looked at two numbers... Passing + Rushing... 404

All kidding aside.. Congrats LaVega for holding Chapel Hill to their second lowest point total of the season. Hope it comes in handy this week.