PDA

View Full Version : Of the teams left in the playoffs,

Cam
11-21-2011, 04:06 PM
In your opinion, who are the teams nobody wants a piece of right now? Who is the surprise team still in the mix? And, who's got the best looking and most intimidating uniforms? Who's got the ugliest uni's?.....just a thread to rile things up a bit......:stirpot:

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Bullard by FAR the most surprising team left

GrTigers6
11-21-2011, 04:16 PM
In your opinion, who are the teams nobody wants a piece of right now? Who is the surprise team still in the mix? And, who's got the best looking and most intimidating uniforms? Who's got the ugliest uni's?.....just a thread to rile things up a bit......:stirpot:If you want to stir things up then.... I think brownwood is the most suprising because they beat us!:D:stirpot::taunt:

Old LB
11-21-2011, 04:26 PM
After talking to some Wylie folks sounds like Alvarado will be a handful for anybody out there. Says they are beatable but really impressive.

Bullaholic
11-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Been a crazy season---I don't know of any hands-down dominant teams in either classification right now.

WC/LG92
11-21-2011, 04:43 PM
And, who's got the best looking and most intimidating uniforms? Who's got the ugliest uni's?.....just a thread to rile things up a bit......:stirpot:

I think its safe to state that Navasota's uni's are horrible; no disrespect to your talented boys ----> but wayyyy much disrespect to your uni's. And since I'm here acting like a wooden spoon :stirpot: ... might as well throw Sweeny's *baby-blue* *powder puff* or *easter-pastel-fresh spring'ie blue* in the pot! Hideous. You guys are Bulldogs... um... baby-blue Bulldogs tho.
Again...not at all reps their talented squads...only the gear they wear on Friday nights. :ack!:

hollywood
11-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I agree with Bullard.

Chill is another surprise. Not that they are still in, but thought they were untouchable. We found out they weren't with a good LV team giving them all they wanted.

If Brownwood makes it to the semi's again... wow, that would be a big surprise! :rolleyes: :D :1popcorn::stirpot:

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 04:46 PM
I agree with Bullard.

Chill is another surprise. Not that they are still in, but thought they were untouchable. We found out they weren't with a good LV team giving them all they wanted.

If Brownwood makes it to the semi's again... wow, that would be a big surprise! :rolleyes:

not taking anything way from La Vega but that game was more about CHill beating themself..it proved even the really good teams have to play well

hollywood
11-21-2011, 04:54 PM
not taking anything way from La Vega but that game was more about CHill beating themself..it proved even the really good teams have to play well

I hate when a team almost or does beat themselves! That's what happened to Brownwood last year in the semi's. Not taking anything away from Carthage, but man.

Bullaholic
11-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Refugio could donkey stomp anybody in 3A.....:D (That was for PPHSFan--wherever you are---and G2--the "little" school's maven.)

toddg
11-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Bullard by FAR the most surprising team left

the panthers have made the most of these playoffs..but im afraid they will hit a brick wall this week in WOS..
where are you going to be this week?

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 05:00 PM
the panthers have made the most of these playoffs..but im afraid they will hit a brick wall this week in WOS..
where are you going to be this week?

We are doing the MansfieldISD vs Abilene ISD double header Sat...Fri Grant and I are going to Frisco vs Kilgore and Celina vs Henderson

Bullaholic
11-21-2011, 05:00 PM
I hate when a team almost or does beat themselves! That's what happened to Brownwood last year in the semi's. Not taking anything away from Carthage, but man.

Oh no! You didn't, hollywood............Incoming.........

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2011, 05:01 PM
I think its safe to state that Navasota's uni's are horrible; no disrespect to your talented boys ----> but wayyyy much disrespect to your uni's. And since I'm here acting like a wooden spoon :stirpot: ... might as well throw Sweeny's *baby-blue* *powder puff* or *easter-pastel-fresh spring'ie blue* in the pot! Hideous. You guys are Bulldogs... um... baby-blue Bulldogs tho.
Again...not at all reps their talented squads...only the gear they wear on Friday nights. :ack!:

Navasota's uni's

garciap77
11-21-2011, 05:03 PM
I agree with Bullard.

If Brownwood makes it to the semi's again... wow, that would be a big surprise! :rolleyes: :D :1popcorn::stirpot:

I hope they win state! And if they do; ROCKET should not be allowed to post on the 3ADL!:D Go Lions!!!

WC/LG92
11-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Navasota's uni's

Ohhhhhhh...that's what happened to the Dallas Desperado's uniforms after the team folded. Okayyyyy...since you guys have Arena League uni's...I'll let it slide. But you guys are 2nd behind the Sweeny Bulldogs. Those guys remind me of a coconut snow-cone.

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 05:04 PM

yea but Bwood did not turn the bal over a bunch on their side of field

All 3 scoring drives for La Vega started on CH side..one at the 8, one at the 18 and one at the 20

Bosqueville
11-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Most surprising for me is Bullard and Wharton.

Dominant would be Gilmer. Laying waste to everyone.

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Ohhhhhhh...that's what happened to the Dallas Desperado's uniforms after the team folded. Okayyyyy...since you guys have Arena League uni's...I'll let it slide. But you guys are 2nd behind the Sweeny Bulldogs. Those guys remind me of a coconut snow-cone.

That must have been some time ago. I don't remember those uni's.

toddg
11-21-2011, 05:18 PM
:catredx:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 05:18 PM
:stirpot: ... might as well throw Sweeny's *baby-blue* *powder puff* or *easter-pastel-fresh spring'ie blue* in the pot! Hideous. You guys are Bulldogs... um... baby-blue Bulldogs tho.
Again...not at all reps their talented squads...only the gear they wear on Friday nights. :ack!: Here's another team that the fans "luv ya blue"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsjXko9N6B0&feature=related

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 05:28 PM

I don't like the Sweeny uni this year either. Our official school colors are Columbia Blue and White. But our uniforms change the shade seems like every year. The gray we have this year makes it hard to read the numbers even when they are on the sideline.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3516/30413023226731795631031.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/30413023226731795631031.jpg/)

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3067/31644523561800172131031.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/31644523561800172131031.jpg/)

pirate4state
11-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Refugio could donkey stomp anybody in 3A.....:D (That was for PPHSFan--wherever you are---and G2--the "little" school's maven.) Negative ghost rider. If they win state...that WILL be a surprise. I really do hope they schedule Calallen! LMAO

WC/LG92
11-21-2011, 05:34 PM
That must have been some time ago. I don't remember those uni's.

Here ya go my friend...every time I see you guys I think of this Arena League team. They folded in 2008. Still... at least you didn't have to face ol powder-puff while growing up in West Columbia like I did. Sheesh.
Thus... "within the Friday Nights Light gear dept"... my friend's on the other side of the Bernard take it! Football shouldn't be played in light, light, light, light blue. :)

http://lonestarfootball.net/Helmet/Navasota.jpg
http://cf.juggle-images.com/matte/white/280x280/dallas-desperados-helmet-logo-primary.jpg

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 05:36 PM
It looks like they're tearing him apart!

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3516/30413023226731795631031.jpg

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Negative ghost rider. If they win state...that WILL be a surprise. I really do hope they schedule Calallen! LMAOi know for a fact he'll run up the score if given a chance on Refugio and coach Soza! hmm maybe i shouldn't have let that out. oh well to late.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 05:39 PM
It looks like they're tearing him apart!

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3516/30413023226731795631031.jpg

Yeah that's two of our DB's

hollywood
11-21-2011, 05:41 PM
yea but Bwood did not turn the bal over a bunch on their side of field

All 3 scoring drives for La Vega started on CH side..one at the 8, one at the 18 and one at the 20

LOL.. I know, just messin' with ya. Every good team has a bad game from time to time.

Leopard4Life
11-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Celina Orange is pretty bad, for uniforms, the team is really good. Every time I see it I think of the Home Depot aprons.

'Necks 2013-14
11-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Navasota's uni's

298I like the white uni. Looks great.

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Here's another team that the fans "luv ya blue"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsjXko9N6B0&feature=related

I love it!

db1980
11-21-2011, 08:30 PM

Carthage had the perfect gameplan to beat Brownwood and executed it. Shipley didn't return a punt/kickoff if I remember correctly. Holland ran 30+ times for 308 yards. I'd say Carthage won that one outright.

db1980
11-21-2011, 08:33 PM
I was not shocked at Henderson beating Lindale, but was shocked at the 56-20 score.

Cam
11-22-2011, 10:02 AM
I like Wimberley's uni's...not too jazzy, just right..especially the all white look....they look like a football team...takin' care of business!

toddg
11-22-2011, 10:08 AM
I like Wimberley's uni's...not too jazzy, just right..especially the all white look....they look like a football team...takin' care of business!

watch it...that phrase is copyrighted by the Elvis Presley Enterprises!!!

Cam
11-22-2011, 10:16 AM

watch it...that phrase is copyrighted by the Elvis Presley Enterprises!!!

No excrement!!??...I had no idea....I would've guessed is was copyrighted by Bachman-Turner-Overdrive!!!

toddg
11-22-2011, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=toddg;1640801]

No excrement!!??...I had no idea....I would've guessed is was copyrighted by Bachman-Turner-Overdrive!!!

LOL! Elvis probably bought the rights frm them....!

ogg
11-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Surprised that La Vernia is still in the mix. Surprised Sealy isn't.

Agree with the Wimberley football uni's, also have the best band uni's too.

lostaussie
11-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Dominant would be Gilmer. Laying waste to everyone.I wouldn't exactly say that.............we gave up forty to a VERY good Van team who turned the ball over 6 times. I used to want to win every game by 50. Now i just want to win by one and move on to the next week.

hollywood
11-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Carthage had the perfect gameplan to beat Brownwood and executed it. Shipley didn't return a punt/kickoff if I remember correctly. Holland ran 30+ times for 308 yards. I'd say Carthage won that one outright.

You know there was sarcasm in that, right? ;) It was a great game. No excuses, except for the refs. lol J/K But, it was unfortunate that one of the starting DB's and WR's for Bwd came out with an injury in the 3rd qtr.

Another surprise is Coldspring. Very close games so far in the post season. Went to OT last week. It looked like they were rolling earlier in the season.

cowboyandchrist
11-22-2011, 11:22 AM
You know there was sarcasm in that, right? ;) It was a great game. No excuses, except for the refs. lol J/K But, it was unfortunate that one of the starting DB's and WR's for Bwd came out with an injury in the 3rd qtr.

Another surprise is Coldspring. Very close games so far in the post season. Went to OT last week. It looked like they were rolling earlier in the season.

I think the two biggest surprises are Bullard making it this deep and Carthage with 9 starting sophmores. The Bullard coach has to be commended for what he has done with a program that has not made the playoffs forever. If Carthage beats Argyle this Friday and I believe they can, I would like to know if anyone can remember any team in the past that had this many sophmores playing on a team that made to the quarter finals.

Third
11-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Wimberley's been surprising in the postseason in that they fought tooth and nail to beat a Taylor team they were supposed to handle and then completely dominated a very solid Gonzales team. Will the real Texans please stand up?

WildTexan972
11-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Celina Orange is pretty bad, for uniforms, the team is really good. Every time I see it I think of the Home Depot aprons.

MOST of the time you see those uniforms you see a bunch of hs boys hoisting a trophy over their heads after the game....so orange ain't so bad.....

db1980
11-22-2011, 03:26 PM

I got ya now. Carthage/Brownwood was the best game I've seen in a long time. Would like to see them play again and listen to those folks yell "brown......wood.....brown.....wood". They were an awesome group of fans.

I'm not at all shocked at seeing Coldspring struggle with decent competition. Against Carthage last year in the SC, they had to get in their bag of tricks early in the game to get on the board. They also busted a few big plays to score. Had 22 points in the first half on trick plays and busted plays. Second half they were flat shut down and were allowed only 60 yards of offense. Teams are figuring their offense out. IF you can make them pass the ball, you can beat them soundly.

yellaseeker
11-22-2011, 06:39 PM

Hate to pick on our D29 brothers but, I have to agree on the bulldogs uni's. That shade of blue just doesn't support a mean ol' bulldog. Wonder what that shade of blue is actually called?

Gone Fishing
11-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Wimberley's been surprising in the postseason in that they fought tooth and nail to beat a Taylor team they were supposed to handle and then completely dominated a very solid Gonzales team. Will the real Texans please stand up?

Taylor was a very solid team and we will never know, but IMHO Taylor might have beat Gz.