PDA

View Full Version : Dallas vs Miami

Farmersfan
11-21-2011, 02:44 PM
After seeing the Cowboys stumble to a OT win over a very, very poor Redskins team I now have some major concerns about the Thanksgiving game against the Dolphins. The Dolphins have been playing much better lately and actually beat the Buffalo Bills by a score of 35 to 8. By all accounts the Cowboys should handle the Dolphins fairly easily but after yesterday I have my concerns.

Comments?

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 02:46 PM
After seeing the Cowboys stumble to a OT win over a very, very poor Redskins team I now have some major concerns about the Thanksgiving game against the Dolphins. The Dolphins have been playing much better lately and actually beat the Buffalo Bills by a score of 35 to 8. By all accounts the Cowboys should handle the Dolphins fairly easily but after yesterday I have my concerns.

Comments?

I think we are seeing this year last week's results mean nothing next game...Look at how the Giants responded after beating the Pats..and how Baltimore twice has lost after supposedly season defining wins.

Farmersfan
11-21-2011, 03:13 PM
I think we are seeing this year last week's results mean nothing next game...Look at how the Giants responded after beating the Pats..and how Baltimore twice has lost after supposedly season defining wins.

I don't think we are seeing anything differently than previous years. And last week's performance gives us more information for establishing trends. The truely good team limit the numbers of "down games" while the wanna-be's will be up one week and down the next. Use your blue and silver colored glasses and tell me what trends you see out of this season's Cowboys?

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't think we are seeing anything differently than previous years. And last week's performance gives us more information for establishing trends. The truely good team limit the numbers of "down games" while the wanna-be's will be up one week and down the next. Use your blue and silver colored glasses and tell me what trends you see out of this season's Cowboys?

then only SF and GB are good teams this year if only wanna be's will be up one week and down next...my whole point was this year every team but SF and GB has had *** losses and most of them seem to come after supposedly big wins...they even talked about it last night on the broadcast that a coach( cant recall which one) said this was by far the strangest year as far as knowing week to week what the majority of the NFL is going to do

Dallas's trend this year imo..no clue still..They like 95% of NFL is to inconsistent to get a feel

GrTigers6
11-21-2011, 03:55 PM

Comments?You cant use yesterdays game against the redskins as a model for the cowboys progress or lack there of. Its a rivalvry. Do you not remember in 92 or 93 when aikman and company went up to Washington and got beat? The way I look at it they finally figured out how to win one of those games that didnt seem to be going in their favor!

Cam
11-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Cowboys will win big! They're usually pretty tough on Turkeyday! Ware will get 3 to 4 sacks! Which gets me to thinkin: Can anybody else help Ware generate some sacks??

Macarthur
11-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Miami is def playing much better. However, I think the home game on short rest is a huge advantage for Dallas. 27-15-1

Roughneck93
11-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Cowboys win their fourth straight. Romo is money in November.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Cowboys win their fourth straight. Romo is money in November.:2thumbsup

Cowboys 14 Dolphins 7 halftime $$

Cowboys 34 Dolphins 17 final :thumbsup: $$

95mustang
11-21-2011, 07:06 PM
:2thumbsup

Cowboys 14 Dolphins 7 halftime $$

Cowboys 34 Dolphins 17 final :thumbsup: $$

Do you have 4 and 7 on a board?

SintonFan
11-21-2011, 07:12 PM

Comments?

Dallas-Washington... you can throw records out the window. It's the Skins and Cowboys for crying out loud!

Now about this game? Dallas has won three and Miami has won three. No predictions cuz I have jinxed the Cowboys this year. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-004.gif

Farmersfan
11-22-2011, 08:51 AM
To all you who keep talking about the Cowboys vs Redskins being a rivalry game and throwing records out the window I think you should know that they were discussing this on The Ticket yesterday and there is suppose to be a research done that proves that this isn't the case. Apparently there are just as many blowout wins or not close victories for either team in this series as there are against any other team in the NFL. I think people mistakenly believe this rivalry gives us more weird games or strange endings than usual because when it happens it is such a big deal. So weather we think the Redskins allow play up to the Cowboys level or the Cowboys always play down to the Redskin's level (or vice versa) I don't think is proven by facts. It's just a perception. BTW: I googled to try and find this research but didn't have any luck. but I'm at work and we are blocked by websense so I'm limited!

lostaussie
11-22-2011, 09:31 AM
I don't think we are seeing anything differently than previous years. And last week's performance gives us more information for establishing trends. The truely good team limit the numbers of "down games" while the wanna-be's will be up one week and down the next. Use your blue and silver colored glasses and tell me what trends you see out of this season's Cowboys?If I bummed on the Cowboys as much as you do..............I'd just quit watching:D

Farmersfan
11-22-2011, 09:46 AM
If I bummed on the Cowboys as much as you do..............I'd just quit watching:D

If I bummed on what someone on a forum said as much as you do..................... I'd just quit reading::)

Seriously, why is it considered "bumming" for someone to look at trends, stats and history to make predictions and evaluations? Why is it so important to some of you that we simply sit back enjoy the product regardless of the quality of that product? We aren't talking about high school kids who play for the love of the game. We are talking about a retail product that is being SOLD to us. If you buy that product (and I do) then don't you have a right to expect a certain level of quality from that product? You might be satisfied with YOUR product quality going up and down based on the whims of MILLIONAIRES but that doesn't mean we all have to. Besides, I enjoy discussing the intangibles and inner workings of my team. I want to know what makes them tick and what makes them good or bad depending on what we see on the field. But most all I enjoy seeing people label me as "negative" or "bumming" just because they disagree with my opinions. Very few people who agree with me have ever called me negative. It's funny how that works sometimes..........:wave:

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 10:04 AM
To all you who keep talking about the Cowboys vs Redskins being a rivalry game and throwing records out the window I think you should know that they were discussing this on The Ticket yesterday and there is suppose to be a research done that proves that this isn't the case. Apparently there are just as many blowout wins or not close victories for either team in this series as there are against any other team in the NFL. I think people mistakenly believe this rivalry gives us more weird games or strange endings than usual because when it happens it is such a big deal. So weather we think the Redskins allow play up to the Cowboys level or the Cowboys always play down to the Redskin's level (or vice versa) I don't think is proven by facts. It's just a perception. BTW: I googled to try and find this research but didn't have any luck. but I'm at work and we are blocked by websense so I'm limited!

I think they missed the point...Moose was not saying every game was strange or every game the underdog won..he just made the point of all the rivals Dallas has, the Washington one seems to have the craziest games

Macarthur
11-22-2011, 10:12 AM

I agree about the final score, but I think broadcaster said it best in that the boys/skins games have always been weird. The OT TD throw by Aikman, the blocked FG, the TC fumble, the holding on the last play, the two long TD passes in the last 4 minutes the night the triplets were inducted into ring of honor, etc.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I agree about the final score, but I think broadcaster said it best in that the boys/skins games have always been weird. The OT TD throw by Aikman, the blocked FG, the TC fumble, the holding on the last play, the two long TD passes in the last 4 minutes the night the triplets were inducted into ring of honor, etc.

The two thanksgiving day games in 70's.the come back by Dallas in 83..the TO game where if he catches the pass game over, then Dallas had a roughing the kicker to allow skins to re kick the GW FG..hell the two games this year both Romo throws to Bryant on a scramble on 3rd down to give Dallas a chance for game winning FG.

btw..in last 24 games..18 decided by 7 points or less...that is pretty amazing

GrTigers6
11-22-2011, 12:50 PM
I and I dont think anyone else said that every game was close, They just dont seem to be the same caliber game no matter who is good or bad that season. I would be willing to bet that if you count all the strange games the cowboys have played over the years that the redskins would be the majority of them. Just saying and Im sorry i am too busy to look up statistics. Gotta pack for Port A.