PDA

View Full Version : BCS Mess...

Bullaholic
11-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Wow, we only thought the BCS was a mess before this weekend's upsets. If Arkansas manages to beat LSU, it will be real chaos for picking both the NC game teams.

regaleagle
11-21-2011, 01:58 PM
I know. My son is a Cougar, and everytime some top 10 team loses he starts spouting off all these scenarios. I keep telling him the Coogs have to get by Tulsa next week first, and then So. Miss. in the championship game to get a BCS bid. But he's all excited about a Houston sweep, and I'm with him on that. Go Case Keenum.

Red&White_9x5
11-21-2011, 03:19 PM
It is a mess, but at least we know (for the most part) who will be in the National Championship game. It will be SEC vs. SEC! Okie State is 4th, but the problem is there is quite a bit of distance between 4th and 1st-3rd as far as BCS points are concerned. PLUS... OU losing Saturday night hurt not only the Sooners, but Okie State as well. Basically as long as LSU beats Arkansas at home this week, it will be them and Bama for the whole enchilada!!!

Daddy D 11
11-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Houston is a great story, and I've rooted for them for some time now...but they don't have a shot in hell of getting into the national championship. There isn't a single scenario that would get them into that game. Unfortunately that's the system we have.

Daddy D 11
11-21-2011, 03:27 PM
If Auburn beats Bama and LSU wins out...Okie Lite is in.

carter08
11-22-2011, 12:40 AM
LSU will win out
Auburn will beat Alabama
Oklahoma will beat Oklahoma State
Notre Dame will beat Stanford

but there's pretty much no chance of Virginia Tech or Boise losing at this point. Maybe an undefeated Houston could pass one of those teams in the rankings, but probably not both. Maybe they will both get upset. I don't know. Go Coogs. We want to play LSU.

playnhurt
11-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Be careful what you wish for! The Coogs are a good team but that might be biting off more than they can chew.

LIONS#1
11-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Three words: True Playoff System!!!I am sick and tired of this PC BCS crap based on Bowl $$$$$$. ALL other systems have true playoffs and NCAA football gets the Ice Skating treatment mentality by way of beauty pageant judges. At the same time creating a bureaucracy Titled BCS. Just more intervention to trey and preserve the tradition of Bowls that at one point meant something other than 2,000 dollar tickets and income for prospective cities and venues that once a year can OVERCHARGE the bejesus outta team fans. Just a complete and utterly stupid way to determine a true Champion. We could fill the Void left behind while having to wait for January to get here by REAL game that in the end determine the REAL Champion. Maybe we could just have virtual playoffs done by computers instead. That way no one including the athletes would have to endure bad officiating or season ending injuries. Heck we could just plug in stats and let the computers pick the Champion without playing the game. Have a Madden TV package that pitted perspective Teams against each other based on a sweet 16 poll induced Bracket. We would never have to leave our house and save money on Tickets and Gasoline. Brownwood would have their 8Th MSC Championship :wave:and the world would be Greener because of it!!:1popcorn: Just sayin!!!:1popcorn:
OK now I feel Better!!!!:twitch:

jdawg2012
11-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Three words: True Playoff System!!!I am sick and tired of this PC BCS crap based on Bowl $$$$$$. ALL other systems have true playoffs and NCAA football gets the Ice Skating treatment mentality by way of beauty pageant judges. At the same time creating a bureaucracy Titled BCS. Just more intervention to trey and preserve the tradition of Bowls that at one point meant something other than 2,000 dollar tickets and income for prospective cities and venues that once a year can OVERCHARGE the bejesus outta team fans. Just a complete and utterly stupid way to determine a true Champion. We could fill the Void left behind while having to wait for January to get here by REAL game that in the end determine the REAL Champion. Maybe we could just have virtual playoffs done by computers instead. That way no one including the athletes would have to endure bad officiating or season ending injuries. Heck we could just plug in stats and let the computers pick the Champion without playing the game. Have a Madden TV package that pitted perspective Teams against each other based on a sweet 16 poll induced Bracket. We would never have to leave our house and save money on Tickets and Gasoline. Brownwood would have their 8Th MSC Championship :wave:and the world would be Greener because of it!!:1popcorn: Just sayin!!!:1popcorn:
OK now I feel Better!!!!:twitch:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you. You made my week.

carter08
11-23-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm not saying UH would beat LSU. We'd probably get blown out, although I think we could keep it close and have a chance in the 4th quarter. That isn't the point. We want to play them, because we'll never know what would happen unless we do.