Putting Luke Turner up front = CLASSIC

Good stuff.

I agree...that was pretty awesome how they came out

bobcat1
11-21-2011, 06:17 AM
Hmm.

jason
11-21-2011, 08:22 AM
gilmer has the same fight song as tarleton....

RPF2666
11-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks for posting the video... Lots of good stuff. I'd love to see a recent Henderson film from a win.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Hmm.

Thats exactly what I was going to say....hmmm.

regaleagle
11-21-2011, 02:15 PM
I saw all I needed to see. :wave:

83Indian
11-21-2011, 02:30 PM
This was a great film.

What I saw:

Henderson came out executing well
Gilmer settled down and scored a few well executed drives
Henderson relied way too much on the pass
Gilmer pass rush penetration caused a lot of pressured throws by Henderson
Gilmer secondary is very good
Henderson had so many turnovers it was hard to tell if they could have come back or not. Eliminate a few of those and think the score is closer but Gilmer still wins
Gilmer had OLine and DLine advantage
Gilmers #8 very dangerous receiver

Henderson appears to have got more balanced in the playoffs and will need to run the ball effectively to beat Celina IMO

One other note, Henderson's plays are all designed to be misdirection or outside plays. They definitely rely on speed outside and having players put in one on one tackle situations. A power Dline helps on the pass rush, but your LB's and Corners better be fast and make tackles

buckeyebob
11-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Thiers...we had to shut them down too!

marler1972
11-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Thiers...we had to shut them down too!

Oh you have not heard they beat themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orange machine
11-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Henderson Oline is not very good and those refs are not very good. Henderson oline held all game long and nothing was called. Unless Henderson has gotten way better Celina should win this game. I also think Argyle will roll Gilmer after seeing that.

CHS_89
11-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Gilmer looked very good and well coached in this game. Henderson obviously has talent, but I see some serious issues with their O-line and D-line. If that O-line stands up to block like they did in some of this game film, Celina's D will put a lot of pressure on the QB. I believe Celina's O-line will have the advantage and the interior D-line will have the advantage. Ends must contain the outside to give the linebackers time to flow. I didn't see much downfield blocking with Henderson...And I didn't see much 2nd tier blocking either. I also saw some poor discipline on Hendersons part. Go Bobcats!

Daddy D 11
11-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Really cool offense from Henderson, I like how their coaches use all those jet sweeps and misdirection. Gilmer did some cool things too on offense. That Henderson QB does a dang good job of extending plays in the pocket and getting the ball out accurately. It's funny watching high school offenses run pretty sophisticated offenses... and then going and watching LH's archaic Slot-T and it working too. Weird contrast lol

BEAST
11-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Hendersons left tackle held on damn near every pass play. I dont think he was ever penalized.

BEAST

waterboy
11-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Henderson Oline is not very good and those refs are not very good. Henderson oline held all game long and nothing was called. Unless Henderson has gotten way better Celina should win this game. I also think Argyle will roll Gilmer after seeing that.
We'll see, but first things first. Argyle has to get past Carthage, and Gilmer has to beat Van Alstyne. My bet is Gilmer and Carthage, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Gilmer playing Argyle in a rematch. And, NO, Argyle will not "roll Gilmer". They "might" beat us, but I seriously doubt it. That was only the first start for our 2nd string QB in that Henderson game. He's made tremendous strides with managing the game at the QB position.

BTW, there's a VERY good chance that Henderson will beat Celina. The only way I see Celina beating Henderson is if the Lions have a negative two or higher turnover ratio against you. The teams in 16-3A wreak havoc on each other, and then usually proceed to wreak havoc on everybody else's district. Henderson is playing much better ball once the playoffs started, on BOTH sides of the ball. So are Carthage and Gilmer... We'll definitely be able to tell more after this week's games.

MoveInDad
11-21-2011, 06:30 PM
BTW, there's a VERY good chance that Henderson will beat Celina. The only way I see Celina beating Henderson is if the Lions have a negative two or higher turnover ratio against you. The teams in 16-3A wreak havoc on each other, and then usually proceed to wreak havoc on everybody else's district. Henderson is playing much better ball once the playoffs started, on BOTH sides of the ball. So are Carthage and Gilmer... We'll definitely be able to tell more after this week's games.
I agree there's a good chance Henderson beats Celina, about the same probability that Celina wins. I'll give the edge to Celina (obviously) based primarily on coaching/preparation... while realizing Henderson is defending state champ, therefore their kids will have more playoff experience.
Also give Gilmer the edge over VA, you stop 1 of only the 2 players that carry the ball, and you pretty much got 'em covered... good luck to all!

orange machine
11-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Roll was probably a bad word didn't mean they will blow Gilmer out. I think it will be very competitive, but I don't think Gilmer has the horses still to get past Argyle. Either way it should be a fun game.

buckeyebob
11-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Oh you have not heard they beat themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't care...we heard it from Carthage too.

buckeyebob
11-22-2011, 05:52 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cartoon-005.gif
Hendersons left tackle held on damn near every pass play. I dont think he was ever penalized.
BEAST
http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cartoon-005.gif A Brownwoodian is starting to get a grip on the East Texas Speed Thingey.

waterboy
11-22-2011, 12:49 PM
.......but I don't think Gilmer has the horses still to get past Argyle.......
First things first. Let's see what happens this week. Argyle will be tested with Carthage, and Gilmer has to beat Van Alstyne. I think Gilmer has more than enough "horses" to get past Argyle, IF the need arises. My bet is on Carthage this week, though.....

shamu85
11-22-2011, 01:19 PM
We'll see, but first things first. Argyle has to get past Carthage, and Gilmer has to beat Van Alstyne. My bet is Gilmer and Carthage, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Gilmer playing Argyle in a rematch. And, NO, Argyle will not "roll Gilmer". They "might" beat us, but I seriously doubt it. That was only the first start for our 2nd string QB in that Henderson game. He's made tremendous strides with managing the game at the QB position.

I did notice that Gilmer won despite the QB play in this game. Managing would be what I would have called what the QB was doing here, too. He seems to have a lot of trouble with the outside throws, the outs and even the swing passes/bubble screens. But, his throws down the middle of the field were on target, often for long gains. Maybe the kid needs glasses (not joking here, btw).

Henderson offense seemed to start breaking down after a while because they ran the same plays over and over, and the Gilmer D started reading them and sending lots of pressure on the Henderson QB. Disruptin him seemed to be the key. Celina is often very good at that, so this should be an interesting aspect.

95mustang
11-22-2011, 01:28 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cartoon-005.gif
http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cartoon-005.gif A Brownwoodian is starting to get a grip on the East Texas Speed Thingey.

What does holding have to do with speed? Are you saying he held because of the speed of the other player? Is Henderson not considered East Texas which would mean they had speed also? :stirpot:

BEAST
11-22-2011, 01:36 PM
What does holding have to do with speed? Are you saying he held because of the speed of the other player? Is Henderson not considered East Texas which would mean they had speed also? :stirpot:

I was curious about what that had to do with holding also?

BEAST

MGAR
11-22-2011, 02:16 PM
I did notice that Gilmer won despite the QB play in this game. Managing would be what I would have called what the QB was doing here, too. He seems to have a lot of trouble with the outside throws, the outs and even the swing passes/bubble screens. But, his throws down the middle of the field were on target, often for long gains. Maybe the kid needs glasses (not joking here, btw).

It was just his second start at QB, against a defending state champ at that.. So no one figured he would look sharp..

He has improved each game after that. Threw a pretty good deep ball few weeks ago.

shamu85
11-22-2011, 02:39 PM
It was just his second start at QB, against a defending state champ at that.. So no one figured he would look sharp..

He has improved each game after that. Threw a pretty good deep ball few weeks ago.

You could tell he was not a regular starter with his timidity, even on some of the handoffs, but he did seem to know where his open receivers were. I was just thinking how good Gilmer is with their starting QB still in.

waterboy
11-22-2011, 03:42 PM

This is true. I had forgotten about his start against Spring Hill, so, yes, it was his second start. He has gotten more and more comfortable at the QB position, and he KNOWS the playbook like no other, so his being the QB opens the playbook for Coach Traylor. While I do miss Luke at QB with his ability to run the zone read, the offensive production hasn't fallen off at all with Jordan in there. The offense looks totally different, but it is just as effective overall. Jordan actually has better touch on throwing the ball, and is very accurate on the deep ball. He has also gotten better and better with his short passes, overall reads with more games at the helm. The thing is the Buckeye offense just keeps being productive, and the team just keeps winning.

bobcat1
11-22-2011, 07:31 PM

I was curious about what that had to do with holding also?

BEAST Maybe his feet are slow and his punch weak. Maybe just maybe he has a fast grip from practicing a lot. That's it! Now I know what they mean when they say East Texas Speed. I wonder if he squints.:wave:

95mustang
11-23-2011, 02:56 AM
Maybe his feet are slow and his punch weak. Maybe just maybe he has a fast grip from practicing a lot. That's it! Now I know what they mean when they say East Texas Speed. I wonder if he squints.:wave:

Hahaha