PDA

View Full Version : Lovejoy's 4th in a row 3A Volleyball State Championship

Leopard4Life
11-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Congrats to the Lady Leopards for the 4th 3A State Championship!!! Back to back, to back, to back champs, way to go ladies!!!

It took 5 sets in the championship game to hold off a very talented Abilene Wylie squad. Lovejoy played the semi-final and final without one of their best players, however they proved deep enough to get the job done.

Congratulations of Abilene Wylie, Sinton and Tarkington for a great state championship tournament!!!

Phil C
11-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Are they a MECCA for area volleyball players or do the players generally start their elementary education there? Or do they get lots of transfers from other high schools?

Leopard4Life
11-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Are they a MECCA for area volleyball players or do the players generally start their elementary education there? Or do they get lots of transfers from other high schools?

A mixture. The school district has been around for almost 100 years, however we didn't start a secondary program (middle/high school) until 06-07 (I think). We have experienced a ton of growth since starting the secondary program, probably doubling the number of students in the district. Because of that a lot of our kids came from somewhere else. Some start their freshman year here and transfer after 8th grade so they don't transfer from another high school. I think we have had a few high school transfers. We had 73 girls try out for the 7th grade team. I think they keep 30 for an A and B team. We have a lot of talent coming up in the program. Remember the name "Sarah Langs", her dad is 7' and mom is 5'11". Sweet girl too, she baby sits for us sometimes.

ccmom
11-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Do y'all sprinkle "miracle grow" in their baby bottles? ;). We don't have a single six footer and 6ft seems to be "short" in lovejoy! ;) I wish someone had sprinkled some in MY baby bottle!! Or can I take some now?!

Leopard4Life
11-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Do y'all sprinkle "miracle grow" in their baby bottles? ;). We don't have a single six footer and 6ft seems to be "short" in lovejoy! ;) I wish someone had sprinkled some in MY baby bottle!! Or can I take some now?!

Nope, no miracle grow that I'm aware of, just a lot of tall mom's and dad's. In the last year or two as our volleyball program has been winning and getting noticed we have a had A LOT of ex-college volleyball players move into the area to get their daughter's in a excellent program. Club volleyball is very, very expensive and requires a lot of travel, and the youth program is getting better and better as these ladies take over the coaching duties.

Emerson1
11-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Pics?

'Necks 2013-14
11-21-2011, 07:50 AM
:clap: Congrats to LL!! That's quite an accomplishment for sure.