PDA

View Full Version : Any good matchups around Port Aransas area this weekend?

GrTigers6
11-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Going to Port A for thanksgiving was wondering if there was any good games around that area to watch thursday or friday?

lbjacj
11-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Going to Port A for thanksgiving was wondering if there was any good games around that area to watch thursday or friday?

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1296407

turbostud
11-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Lots of good games to stay occupied in CC area this weekend.

5a Laredo United vs San Antonio Madison Friday night in CC.
5a Harlingen vs SA Warren Sat in CC.
Also 2a Poth vs Refugio is playing in Victoria
3a Wimberly vs Sweeny in Victoria Friday afternoon
3a Devine vs Wharton in Sinton

GrTigers6
11-20-2011, 08:36 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1296407I know what games there are, Just dont know much about that area amd the teams down there.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 08:42 PM
I know what games there are, Just dont know much about that area amd the teams down there.

Try to catch the Devine/Wharton game on Sat 6PM in Sinton if ya can. Knowing you, you'd like to say you seen Sadler when he broke Hall's HS record one day. Plus, should be a well attended 3ADL M&G there with people from all over attending.

How long has that record been set by Hall?

The Fri games in Victoria should be some good playoff football too. Both games will be exciting. Nice viewing venue too.

Matthew328
11-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Poth-Refugio should be outstanding on Friday night.

If you are still there Sat check out Harlingen-SA Warren (12-0 vs. 11-1 5A's) and then head north to Sinton for Devine-Wharton

That gives you a 2A, 5A and 3A game

lbjacj
11-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Poth-Refugio should be outstanding on Friday night.

If you are still there Sat check out Harlingen-SA Warren (12-0 vs. 11-1 5A's) and then head north to Sinton for Devine-Wharton

That gives you a 2A, 5A and 3A game

I think Refugio wins easily!

turbostud
11-20-2011, 09:54 PM
The Harlingen vs SA Warren game will be rowdy and loud. Great playoff atmosphere. Harlingen and the rest of the RGV will pack the stadium.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 10:01 PM
I think Refugio wins easily!

Dunno. Their "D" isn't very good. Even their fan base is worried about that part of their game. Watched their last game versus Three Rivers, and TR ran all over them via the slot T. Had like 350 rushing yards against them. Refugio's offense is sweet though. IMO, it will be close.

pirate4state
11-23-2011, 12:28 PM
I keep hearing conflicting reports about Refugio. I will say that the Refugio "D" that I saw against Three Rivers will not win a state title, BUT they might have been guilty of overlooking someone. They might be buying into the hype. We'll see Friday night!

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Try to catch the Devine/Wharton game on Sat 6PM in Sinton if ya can. Knowing you, you'd like to say you seen Sadler when he broke Hall's HS record one day. Plus, should be a well attended 3ADL M&G there with people from all over attending.

How long has that record been set by Hall?

The Fri games in Victoria should be some good playoff football too. Both games will be exciting. Nice viewing venue too.

I believe Ken Hall set the record in 1953!!!!

I will be there for the Friday game in Victoria. But I need a ride for the Saturday game in Sinton.