PDA

View Full Version : Dallas vs Washington

Farmersfan
11-20-2011, 02:22 PM
All I can say is "Really Dallas? Really?

Romo looks like a shell of the QB we saw the last 2 weeks. The Dallas defense came into this game thinking it would be easy! Cowboys go into the half behind 14-10

coach
11-20-2011, 02:27 PM
All I can say is "Really Dallas? Really?

Romo looks like a shell of the QB we saw the last 2 weeks. The Dallas defense came into this game thinking it would be easy! Cowboys go into the half behind 14-10

Special teams special teams special teams

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 02:38 PM
uuuggggllllyyyyy

Dallas has to learn to win these ugly games on the road

Moose said it best..of all the NFC East rivals..this is the one that the better team loses more often than not, wierd games strange moments

coach
11-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Special teams

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Special teams

and O-line

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 02:45 PM
WOW just WOW

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 02:53 PM
This is first game Robinson has looked like a in season bottom of roster pick up

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 02:59 PM
nice drive by Romo using his feet multiple times to extend plays

lbjacj
11-20-2011, 03:03 PM
nice drive by Romo using his feet multiple times to extend plays

And nice catch by robinson finally! He needs 1 more td catch to redeem himself for all the drops.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 03:07 PM
man this D is frustrating

Farmersfan
11-20-2011, 03:09 PM
This is first game Robinson has looked like a in season bottom of roster pick up

?????????

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 03:16 PM
?????????

Robinson was signed for depth no one saw the season he would have

lbjacj
Romo again!

Roughneck93
Wow! That was awesome.

coach
11-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Now that's a damn good throw

Farmersfan
11-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Great play by Romo! That's what he was hired to do! Way to go Dallas.............................

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 03:22 PM
ahhh Grossman..there u are

Roughneck93
11-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Keep feeding it to Murray. Close this thing out.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 03:28 PM
dang it Robinson that would have sealed it

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 03:30 PM
ok D on you

Roughneck93
11-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Poor effort by Scandrick on that tackle attempt.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Wow Dallas D..REALLY?

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Blow it late again. Pitiful. You never have a clue what ya will get with them. One minute, they look like the greatest, quarter later, like a freaking peewee program.

coach
11-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Farmersfan there is your great d. But I'm sure you will find a way to blame it on romo

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 03:46 PM
omce again as par for the course the Dallas D spits the bit late in 4th Q...everyone wants to point out when Romo does not get it done in 4th Q, but the Dallas D over the last 3 years have been worse at not making the play late in 4th Q

Roughneck93
11-20-2011, 03:47 PM
This defense can't stop anyone in clutch situations. 89 yard td drive with ease.

Roughneck93
11-20-2011, 03:50 PM
It might be over if the Redskins win the toss in overtime.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Game over, they can't win when they need to. Amazing the games they have given up this year. Two loses that someone said was good loses, now this one.

Emerson1
11-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Could have had 50 seconds left. Why sit on timeouts? Jason Garrett is one of the biggest wussies in the league.

Farmersfan
11-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Farmersfan there is your great d. But I'm sure you will find a way to blame it on romo

You are a moron! You just prove it more and more with these kinds of posts.

Yea the defense spit the bit on that possession. But so did the offense by not keeping the ball when the D did give it to them with a turnover.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 03:58 PM

Yea the defense spit the bit on that possession. But so did the offense by not keeping the ball when the D did give it to them with a turnover.

Be fair, THEY BOTH SUX and have no clue how to finish.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 04:00 PM

wow..The O did their job and ran time off the clock and flipped the field where the Skins would have to drive 90 yards..FRIGGIN 90 yards

lbjacj
11-20-2011, 04:05 PM
No Good!!!

Farmersfan
wow..The O did their job and ran time off the clock and flipped the field where the Skins would have to drive 90 yards..FRIGGIN 90 yards

you have a weird definition of what the offenses job is. Now I understand why you expect the D to also score points.........

Roughneck93
Yes!!! Now let's finish this!

coach
Farmersfan do us all a favor and go play in traffic

Farmersfan
11-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Romo's gonna have to make a play. The Skins are stacking the line. They can't run against 8 or 9 man fronts.

regaleagle
11-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Cowboys are like Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Remind me of the Texans in years past. If my life revolved around Cowboys wins and losses, I'd have a miserable life. That about sums it up for the Cowboys as an organization right now. Too bad!

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 04:12 PM
you have a weird definition of what the offenses job is. Now I understand why you expect the D to also score points.........

wow..just wow..D gives up a 90 yd drive agianst a crap O but u blame the Dallas O

lbjacj
11-20-2011, 04:12 PM
nice!

Farmersfan
11-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Romo's gonna have to make a play. The Skins are stacking the line. They can't run against 8 or 9 man fronts.

And there it is!!!!

Roughneck93
11-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Line it up for Bailey now.

lbjacj
11-20-2011, 04:15 PM
It's good!!!
Cowboys win 27-21!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 04:16 PM
wow for someone not clutch that is 3rd time this season alone Romo has won a game trailing in the 4th Q

Roughneck93
11-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Yes sir! Now hoping the Eagles knock off the Giants tonight.

coach
11-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Tony freaking romo. Another 4th q comeback and a beautiful play on 3rd an 15. Great job by the d to hol the skins also

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Big win. They still piss me off. I'll take it though. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Eagle 1
11-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Like I always say, I would rather be lucky than good.

GrTigers6
11-20-2011, 04:29 PM
All I have to say is the defense gave up 3 td's to an offense who can't even remember the last time they scored a td. Thank goodness they shut them down soon enough to force a long field goal.

Farmersfan
11-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Like I always say, I would rather be lucky than good.

Seems like this is how all the 'skins vs Cowboys game end up..........

GrTigers6
11-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Seems like this is how all the 'skins vs Cowboys game end up..........That is very true

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2011, 04:41 PM
wow i just didn't see that fg as being good and look at it a few times lol

But glad the ref saw it as being good.

bobcat1
11-20-2011, 07:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone was going to block Old Man London Fletcher today. That guy was everywhere. Good thing #30 LaRon Landry was out for the Skins today.

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Romo's 4 big plays were all 3rd and long..the thre TDs were 3rd and 8, 3rd and 7 and 3rd and 8...the throw to Dez was 3rd and 15...pretty clutch

Bullaholic
11-21-2011, 10:58 AM
If the Cowboy "D" doesn't learn how to cover receivers tighter and still not give up the big play--it's going to be a short and even "iffy" playoff run. Either this, or the rush has got to get there.

buff4ever
11-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Okay, we won, is everyone okay. Hopefully no one got their feelings hurt with all that bickering during the game. Let's not give romo crazy credit for that. He did his job against a not that good team. Defense is weak at times, we know that. But I am not ready to annoint romo the next great on a win against this years redskins. I am glad we won, no matter how ugly. Win the next 2, don't blow it in games like that, and we will see where this goes.

Farmersfan
11-21-2011, 11:47 AM
If the Cowboy "D" doesn't learn how to cover receivers tighter and still not give up the big play--it's going to be a short and even "iffy" playoff run. Either this, or the rush has got to get there.

I think the last part of your post has more insight than you know. No defense can defend pro receivers if the QB has a lot of time. I don't know what has happened but it seems like lately the Rob Ryan pressure defense isn't getting to the opponents QB like it was at first. Do you suppose they have figured Ryan's scheme out?

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 11:55 AM
I think the last part of your post has more insight than you know. No defense can defend pro receivers if the QB has a lot of time. I don't know what has happened but it seems like lately the Rob Ryan pressure defense isn't getting to the opponents QB like it was at first. Do you suppose they have figured Ryan's scheme out?

The problem with Dallas rush is same as last year and year before..they are feast or famine..they either get a sack or they dont get close.

a great pass rush team does not have to get sacks, just consistent pressure.

Bullaholic
11-21-2011, 12:00 PM

It was a pretty good Redskin offensive game plan. They worked the flats and the middle behind the LB's a lot knowing that the Cowboys couldn't commit to the blitzes because so many receivers were out quick and into the holes in the zones, and the Redskins completed pass after pass and kept their drives alive this way.

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
It was a pretty good Redskin offensive game plan. They worked the flats and the middle behind the LB's a lot knowing that the Cowboys couldn't commit to the blitzes because so many receivers were out quick and into the holes in the zones, and the Redskins completed pass after pass and kept their drives alive this way.

one of the negatives of 3-4 is on the side of the rushing OLB your asking the ILB to cover the flats in corner man..not many 3-4 ILBS can because they are bigger to stop the run.

Farmersfan
11-21-2011, 02:36 PM
one of the negatives of 3-4 is on the side of the rushing OLB your asking the ILB to cover the flats in corner man..not many 3-4 ILBS can because they are bigger to stop the run.

If I have to see Brooking running to a play LATE for the rest of this season I might have a freaking fit!! That guy is useless at this point in his career.

I have not seen any comments from you guys on #1. T. Choice's attitude towards the Dallas bench after the only good play he made in the whole game, #2. DeAngelo Hall's thug antics during the game. I told my wife that Hall needs someone for Dallas to "inform" him of whats what! (if you know what I mean). Hall reminds me of Jackson from Philly. 90lbs soaking wet with the attitude of a prize fighter. Makes you want to just B***** slap them and them sit in a corner. Perfect example of a mockingbird mouth and a hummingbird a**!

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 02:41 PM
If I have to see Brooking running to a play LATE for the rest of this season I might have a freaking fit!! That guy is useless at this point in his career.

I have not seen any comments from you guys on #1. T. Choice's attitude towards the Dallas bench after the only good play he made in the whole game, #2. DeAngelo Hall's thug antics during the game. I told my wife that Hall needs someone for Dallas to "inform" him of whats what! (if you know what I mean). Hall reminds me of Jackson from Philly. 90lbs soaking wet with the attitude of a prize fighter. Makes you want to just B***** slap them and them sit in a corner. Perfect example of a mockingbird mouth and a hummingbird a**!

I dont have a problem with Choice doing what he did, heat of the moment just was cut recently...Hall is what he is lol

on Brooking...we now know why Phillips stopped being so aggressive..We all knew James was terrible in coverage..but Brooking was as well..forced Phillips to play more safe

Ryan wont play safe lol..his D will always be risk/reward make big plays, give up big plays..so we have seen just how bad Brooking and James are in space.

skins4life
11-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Ya'll need to give thanks to coach Shannahan for calling the TO to keep the Cowboys from getting the delay penalty. Didn't get to watch, I was driving to (of all places) the Ft. Worth area but heard Babe say "From 44 yards, that field goal is no good". Plus Romo scrambling to convert those 3rd and 15's and 20's AGAIN. How the H#@$ do you give up a 3rd and 15 or 8 for a 50+ yard TD. Leave it to the 'Skins D for that. UUUUUGGGGGGGGG.............. Oh well, next year, there's always next year.

Farmersfan
11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
I dont have a problem with Choice doing what he did, heat of the moment just was cut recently...Hall is what he is lol

on Brooking...we now know why Phillips stopped being so aggressive..We all knew James was terrible in coverage..but Brooking was as well..forced Phillips to play more safe

Ryan wont play safe lol..his D will always be risk/reward make big plays, give up big plays..so we have seen just how bad Brooking and James are in space.

And they both are about as old as you are!!! :) Makes me wonder why they are still on the team. Thank God for the rookie or this defense would be really suffering at this spot. On another note: I watched a large percentage of the Lions game yesterday and saw Carpenter pulling a Brooking on every single play. Made me laugh a little to see his Barbie hair flying all over the place and him not making any plays at all..................

Farmersfan
11-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Ya'll need to give thanks to coach Shannahan for calling the TO to keep the Cowboys from getting the delay penalty. Didn't get to watch, I was driving to (of all places) the Ft. Worth area but heard Babe say "From 44 yards, that field goal is no good". Plus Romo scrambling to convert those 3rd and 15's and 20's AGAIN. How the H#@$ do you give up a 3rd and 15 or 8 for a 50+ yard TD. Leave it to the 'Skins D for that. UUUUUGGGGGGGGG.............. Oh well, next year, there's always next year.

Well worse than the delay of game penalty would have been the 15 yarder called on Romo who was pulling a Chris Webber and trying to also call a TO when they didn't have one. D. McNabb got crucified in the national and local media for not knowing the rules of OT and so far Romo has gotten a pass! This is our GREAT AND MIGHTY OZ that didn't even know they didn't have a TO left.........................................

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Well worse than the delay of game penalty would have been the 15 yarder called on Romo who was pulling a Chris Webber and trying to also call a TO when they didn't have one. D. McNabb got crucified in the national and local media for not knowing the rules of OT and so far Romo has gotten a pass! This is our GREAT AND MIGHTY OZ that didn't even know they didn't have a TO left.........................................

they talke about it on ESPN, in DMN, on espn dalllas...not sure he is getting a pass

also remember it was 3rd down..not like they would have been forced to try the FG from the new spot..they could just run a play and try to get some or all back

I always lol when I hear someone say well that kick would not have been good from 5 yards back...if it would have been 5 yards back, Bailey approaches his kick different so we have no clue what the results would have been

Farmersfan
11-21-2011, 03:09 PM
they talke about it on ESPN, in DMN, on espn dalllas...not sure he is getting a pass

also remember it was 3rd down..not like they would have been forced to try the FG from the new spot..they could just run a play and try to get some or all back

I always lol when I hear someone say well that kick would not have been good from 5 yards back...if it would have been 5 yards back, Bailey approaches his kick different so we have no clue what the results would have been

It's true they have talked about it on all those channels. but they are talking about how Romo got a pass because of what Shanahan did.

And I agree on the FG thing. The kicker kicks differently from different distances. A 50 yard FG is pretty tough in the NFL. but how many times do you see a 45 yard FG kicked long enough to be good from way more than 50 yards? It's a mental thing. A kicker reaches a certain distance and it becomes easy for him to OVER KICK! Just like a Golfer swinging too hard when he is a long way from the pin!

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 03:15 PM
the rule for no TO is stupid.....If normally called it is just a 5 yard delay of game...if called in fg formation and the other team is trying to ice with a TO it becomes 15 yards...wth lol

Farmersfan
11-21-2011, 03:33 PM
the rule for no TO is stupid.....If normally called it is just a 5 yard delay of game...if called in fg formation and the other team is trying to ice with a TO it becomes 15 yards...wth lol

I think calling a TO when you don't have one is considered unsportsmanlike conduct and therefore a 15 yard penalty. At least that's what I have heard hundreds of people say on Sportscenter and the radio.

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 03:39 PM
I think calling a TO when you don't have one is considered unsportsmanlike conduct and therefore a 15 yard penalty. At least that's what I have heard hundreds of people say on Sportscenter and the radio.

only in FG attempts

An attempt to call an excess team timeout or to call a second timeout in the same dead-ball period by Team B in an attempt to “freeze” a kicker, will be considered unsportsmanlike conduct and will subject the offending team to a 15-yard penalty (See 12-3). This will apply to field goal or try attempts.

they changed it when teams started trying to freeze kickers

and actually as I read that..it still would have been jst a 5 yard..that only applies to the team trying to freeze

skins4life
11-21-2011, 03:53 PM

That's what I was thinking about the FG try. How does Babe know that kick is not good from 44 or he doesn't kick it differently? That's the bad thing about listening to the game. You can't "see" what's going on.

Macarthur
11-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Romo has been questioned all day.

And I think there's a pretty significant difference in the Romo and McNabb thing. McNabb didn't know that OT in the NFL was sudden death. Romo forgot that they had used both TOs. I think those are two very different things.

Bullaholic
11-21-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't want to be a Romo apologist, but I can see where many NFL QB's might have knee-jerked and try to call a TO in this situation. These QB's are trained to make a split-second decision to call TO when they see something wrong, or the play clock is almost "0". I think that is what Romo did in this situation, and as it turned out--no harm done.

Macarthur
11-21-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't want to be a Romo apologist, but I can see where many NFL QB's might have knee-jerked and try to call a TO in this situation. These QB's are trained to make a split-second decision to call TO when they see something wrong, or the play clock is almost "0". I think that is what Romo did in this situation, and as it turned out--no harm done.

Me too. I think some folks are overreacting by making this out to be some huge blunder by Romo. It has been documented on several sites today that had Romo called that TO, it would have only been a 5 yard delay penalty.

Phil C
11-21-2011, 05:05 PM
What is wrong with you people. This is 3a high school sports and we are in the middle of important playoff games. This is no time to worry about the nba, nfl, baylor vs oklahoma or college football. At least have the decency to give it all to 3a hs football for a few weeks. This is disgusting that i have to remind you of this at this 1time. Shame on all of you!!

:mad:

Phil C
11-21-2011, 05:07 PM
:mad::mad::mad:

SintonFan
11-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Does anyone know of a website where I can watch the Cowboy-Redskin game? My stupid Direct TV DVR recorded four hours of Travel Channel even though it said "FOX" and "Cowboy-Redskins" in the info.:mad:

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Does anyone know of a website where I can watch the Cowboy-Redskin game? My stupid Direct TV DVR recorded four hours of Travel Channel even though it said "FOX" and "Cowboy-Redskins" in the info.:mad:

NFL network has it as one of their replay games

Trashman
11-21-2011, 08:46 PM
What is wrong with you people. This is 3a high school sports and we are in the middle of important playoff games. This is no time to worry about the nba, nfl, baylor vs oklahoma or college football. At least have the decency to give it all to 3a hs football for a few weeks. This is disgusting that i have to remind you of this at this 1time. Shame on all of you!!

:mad:

Phil, I have great respect for the NFL....................................

Farmersfan
11-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Me too. I think some folks are overreacting by making this out to be some huge blunder by Romo. It has been documented on several sites today that had Romo called that TO, it would have only been a 5 yard delay penalty.

I haven't seen anyone "overreacting" Mac! It's a very valid question to discuss. Just because Romo got bailed out by the 'skins coach doesn't mean it isn't something to discuss! And if Shanahan doesn't call the timeout and Romo gets penalized and the Cowboys miss the FG and lose the game Romo is being ROASTED today. Everybody can make all the excuses they want and pretend we are dealing with high school kids here but these are professional players who are paid MILLIONS of dollars to understand what is happening on the field. And there isn't a bit of difference in what McNabb did and Romo did! Both of them didn't understand the rules or didn't know what was going on in the game. I'm a 50 year old couch potatoe during the game and I was aware that Dallas didn't have any more timeouts. How is it acceptable for the starting QB for the team to NOT know it? A couple of weeks ago Felix Jones runs out of bounds short of a 1st down on a 4th down play on the Cowboy's last possession of the game and ended the Cowboys last hope to come back against the Patriots. (I think). Was that "no big deal" either? Last year Romo throws a RB swing pass to Choice on the last second play before halftime and Choice fights and fights and fights for a extra yard which causes him to fumble the ball and allowed the Redskins to recover and run it in for a TD. Surely getting that extra yard wasn't that important on the last play of the half. Wasn't that a complete brain fart? And in that same game A. Barron gets called for a holding penalty to take 7 points off the board and Dallas loses and Barron was almost burned at the stake. So what if Dallas loses because of Romo's blunder? AGAIN? Two weeks ago I think TXB called the Cowboys the stupidest team in the NFL. Well isn't this just a symptom of that?
Only making conversation guys! So don't jump down my throat over some personal observations.

buff4ever
11-22-2011, 09:09 AM
I haven't seen anyone "overreacting" Mac! It's a very valid question to discuss. Just because Romo got bailed out by the 'skins coach doesn't mean it isn't something to discuss! And if Shanahan doesn't call the timeout and Romo gets penalized and the Cowboys miss the FG and lose the game Romo is being ROASTED today. Everybody can make all the excuses they want and pretend we are dealing with high school kids here but these are professional players who are paid MILLIONS of dollars to understand what is happening on the field. And there isn't a bit of difference in what McNabb did and Romo did! Both of them didn't understand the rules or didn't know what was going on in the game. I'm a 50 year old couch potatoe during the game and I was aware that Dallas didn't have any more timeouts. How is it acceptable for the starting QB for the team to NOT know it? A couple of weeks ago Felix Jones runs out of bounds short of a 1st down on a 4th down play on the Cowboy's last possession of the game and ended the Cowboys last hope to come back against the Patriots. (I think). Was that "no big deal" either? Last year Romo throws a RB swing pass to Choice on the last second play before halftime and Choice fights and fights and fights for a extra yard which causes him to fumble the ball and allowed the Redskins to recover and run it in for a TD. Surely getting that extra yard wasn't that important on the last play of the half. Wasn't that a complete brain fart? And in that same game A. Barron gets called for a holding penalty to take 7 points off the board and Dallas loses and Barron was almost burned at the stake. So what if Dallas loses because of Romo's blunder? AGAIN? Two weeks ago I think TXB called the Cowboys the stupidest team in the NFL. Well isn't this just a symptom of that?
Only making conversation guys! So don't jump down my throat over some personal observations.

Careful Famersfan, MacArthur is Romo's brother I think. I agree with Mac most of the time, but when it comes to his defending Romo, he is as blind as a bat. Hard-headed as well. Anyone who hasn't been frustrated with romo over the years would have to be family or someone very close. To be great sometimes and then absolutely choke blowing it others (more often in big games) is not acceptable for a quality nfl qb.

Farmersfan
11-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Careful Famersfan, MacArthur is Romo's brother I think. I agree with Mac most of the time, but when it comes to his defending Romo, he is as blind as a bat. Hard-headed as well. Anyone who hasn't been frustrated with romo over the years would have to be family or someone very close. To be great sometimes and then absolutely choke blowing it others (more often in big games) is not acceptable for a quality nfl qb.

Well in reality this wasn't a rant about Romo so much as a rant about the culture within this team that would have the starting QB not know how many timeouts they have in overtime when it is the MOST important for the QB to have his head in the game. Or for the starting RB to not know he MUST get a first down or the Cowboys lose the game! I know there are many more examples of this but I can't think of them right now. Even TXB (who is a huge Cowboy apologist) said this was the stupidest team in the NFL. That takes a lot of incidences to give that kind of impression. We all know what kind of "Joke" D. McNabb turned out to be in Philly and his lack of game management was never more on display or in question than when he did his brain fart in OT. Why wouldn't this be exactly the same? It's not very often that we see a franchise QB in the NFL do something stupid like these two incidents and that's why it is such a big deal around the country when it does happen. I think it's a perfect example of why so many question Romo's leadership and locker room personna.

Macarthur
11-22-2011, 10:21 AM
I never said Romo didn't make a mistake. I just think more is being made of it than needs to be. First of all, the NFL released a statement yesterday saying that they would have ignored Romo due to them not having a TO left. Therefore, time would have simply run out and they would have been issued a 5 yard delay penalty. A 44 yard FG versus a 39 is not that big of a deal.

And I will continue to say there is a big BIG difference in McNabb not knowing that OT in the NFL is sudden death and Romo losing track of the number of TO's left. That doesn't mean that Romo didn't make a mistake. It just means that it wasn't that big of a mistake and the mistake would have cost the team 5 yards. Good grief. The guy is having one of his best statistical years of his career and had just played a fantastic game and many folks only want to talk about a mistake that COULD have cost his team 5 yards but it didn't.

Now, you can call me a Romo lover for not making a big deal of this, but I think those that are making a deal of this are the one's that are letting their bias get in the way of the facts. The guy played a great game and pretty much won that game by himself.

And another point, why is everyone so up in arms about Romo holding on FGs? I actually like it. He's good at it and it gives the other team something to think about because there's always the threat of him popping up and making a throw.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Well in reality this wasn't a rant about Romo so much as a rant about the culture within this team that would have the starting QB not know how many timeouts they have in overtime when it is the MOST important for the QB to have his head in the game. Or for the starting RB to not know he MUST get a first down or the Cowboys lose the game! I know there are many more examples of this but I can't think of them right now. Even TXB (who is a huge Cowboy apologist) said this was the stupidest team in the NFL. That takes a lot of incidences to give that kind of impression. We all know what kind of "Joke" D. McNabb turned out to be in Philly and his lack of game management was never more on display or in question than when he did his brain fart in OT. Why wouldn't this be exactly the same? It's not very often that we see a franchise QB in the NFL do something stupid like these two incidents and that's why it is such a big deal around the country when it does happen. I think it's a perfect example of why so many question Romo's leadership and locker room personna.

the fact u call me an apologist shows you have no clue FF..I have never and will never be that...Look how many times I have said the last two years this team is not as talented as people claim and not as good as people think.

SintonFan
11-22-2011, 10:39 AM
NFL network has it as one of their replay games

Sweet!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info! :clap:

Farmersfan
11-23-2011, 09:31 AM
the fact u call me an apologist shows you have no clue FF..I have never and will never be that...Look how many times I have said the last two years this team is not as talented as people claim and not as good as people think.

You can say that until you are blue in the face but it's your actions on here that tell the truth TXB. Either intentionally or subconsciously you defend Romo with every single breath you take. By direct comment or by association. It seems you (like so many others) have taken on the campaign to try to protect Tony Romo from what you believe to be incorrect opinions. You have even gone so far down that road that you are now blaming the complete opposite side of the football for the teams failings. Apparently it is now the defenses responsibility to not only stop the other team on EVERY possession but they must also score points because the offense does their job if they just "flip the field"! For years you have EXCUSED Romo's failings with the talent comment. The Cowboys put 11 players in the Pro Bowl yet according to you they aren't talented and you then go on a rampage to discredit the Pro Bowl in order to make your point stick. The Cowboys are picked every single season to compete for a Superbowl by the majority of the world and yet when they flop and don't it's because they aren't as talented as people think or they get picked on reputation. (even though this team now has a reputation of failure and not success). But you have to say these things because if you admit they underachieve badly as a team the next logical step would be to acknowledge EVERYBODY underacheived. Including your boy Romo! That you can't do so of course you continue the illogical crusade to prove Romo the best thing since sliced bread. I try to point out that Romo has divided the Cowboy fan base in such a way that has NEVER been done before so there must be at least some merit to the Romo questions and you simply dismiss it as Cowboys fans being Cowboy fans. Even the Non-Cowboy fan base bashes Tony Romo or hates Romo worse than any other player on the team and you dismiss that as everybody hatin' on the Cowboys! Yet they aren't hating any other Cowboys! I bring up the fact that Tony Romo was selected by the other players in the NFL as the second most OVER RATED player in the NFL and you dismiss that again as just people hating the Cowboys. Even though those same players picked Tebow, Chris Johnson, Ocho Cinco, Ndamukong Suh, Mark Sanchez and several others from other teams right along with Romo according to your thinking it was only Romo that was picked out of hatred for the Cowboys and not for his play on the field....................... Dispite the fact that at least one-half of the sports world thinks exactly like I think about Tony Romo you have never once in the 3 or 4 years we have interacted on this forum ever given those question viability! Never once! Everybody in the world (including me) agrees with you that Romo has a great upside with tons of ability but you have never once acknowledged that Romo has an equal amount of down side and certain attributes that make people question his ability or his leadership. If anyone questions Romo around you the problem is with them and their lack of knowledge about football.....not with Romo! That my good man is the definitive Apologist!!!!

Disclaimer: I paraphrase a lot of these claims as an overall impression of your intent and not your exact words. it's the spirit of your meaning that I tried to express and not the exact words. So don't ask me to show where you ever said this or ever said that! This is my interpretation of the on-line personality that you have created through your interactions with me about Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys. (pretty must the same as everybody thinks I hate Romo because I don't think he is as good as they think he is).

Farmersfan
11-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Oh and BTW! Everybody have a great Thanksgiving..........................

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 09:49 AM
You can say that until you are blue in the face but it's your actions on here that tell the truth TXB. Either intentionally or subconsciously you defend Romo with every single breath you take. By direct comment or by association. It seems you (like so many others) have taken on the campaign to try to protect Tony Romo from what you believe to be incorrect opinions. You have even gone so far down that road that you are now blaming the complete opposite side of the football for the teams failings. Apparently it is now the defenses responsibility to not only stop the other team on EVERY possession but they must also score points because the offense does their job if they just "flip the field"! For years you have EXCUSED Romo's failings with the talent comment. The Cowboys put 11 players in the Pro Bowl yet according to you they aren't talented and you then go on a rampage to discredit the Pro Bowl in order to make your point stick. The Cowboys are picked every single season to compete for a Superbowl by the majority of the world and yet when they flop and don't it's because they aren't as talented as people think or they get picked on reputation. (even though this team now has a reputation of failure and not success). But you have to say these things because if you admit they underachieve badly as a team the next logical step would be to acknowledge EVERYBODY underacheived. Including your boy Romo! That you can't do so of course you continue the illogical crusade to prove Romo the best thing since sliced bread. I try to point out that Romo has divided the Cowboy fan base in such a way that has NEVER been done before so there must be at least some merit to the Romo questions and you simply dismiss it as Cowboys fans being Cowboy fans. Even the Non-Cowboy fan base bashes Tony Romo or hates Romo worse than any other player on the team and you dismiss that as everybody hatin' on the Cowboys! Yet they aren't hating any other Cowboys! I bring up the fact that Tony Romo was selected by the other players in the NFL as the second most OVER RATED player in the NFL and you dismiss that again as just people hating the Cowboys. Even though those same players picked Tebow, Chris Johnson, Ocho Cinco, Ndamukong Suh, Mark Sanchez and several others from other teams right along with Romo according to your thinking it was only Romo that was picked out of hatred for the Cowboys and not for his play on the field....................... Dispite the fact that at least one-half of the sports world thinks exactly like I think about Tony Romo you have never once in the 3 or 4 years we have interacted on this forum ever given those question viability! Never once! Everybody in the world (including me) agrees with you that Romo has a great upside with tons of ability but you have never once acknowledged that Romo has an equal amount of down side and certain attributes that make people question his ability or his leadership. If anyone questions Romo around you the problem is with them and their lack of knowledge about football.....not with Romo! That my good man is the definitive Apologist!!!!

Disclaimer: I paraphrase a lot of these claims as an overall impression of your intent and not your exact words. it's the spirit of your meaning that I tried to express and not the exact words. So don't ask me to show where you ever said this or ever said that! This is my interpretation of the on-line personality that you have created through your interactions with me about Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys. (pretty must the same as everybody thinks I hate Romo because I don't think he is as good as they think he is).

wow

u want to blame Romo for 4th Q melt downs..but wont do the same for the D, you then try to say well yea but for 3 Quarters they played well..If someone supporting Romo said the same thing you then attack..yet u claim I am a Romo lover..but then say you of course have no bias just telling things like it is...LOL right..I have said numerous times on here..I like Romo, dont love him but I think the criticism he gets is so over the top it is stupid.

I have never NOT said Dallas did not at times underachieve..I just dont do like you and put it all on Romo and blame him for every thing like you do( and yes you do)

I have said well before we ever started debating the Pro Bowl is not a barometer of best players( and 100s if not thousands of articles say the same thing)

I have always said Romo is what he is a good QB..I have never said he was top 5, so the fact I have said he is top 10-15 shows I am saying he is good, but has flaws..you act like he is a bottom feeder QB.

Yes Romo is overrated..because the expectations that people like you and some in media have is ludicrous and possibly un reachable

SintonFan
11-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Watched the game last night. The NFL replay is freakin' crazy good. You definitely get more feel for the flow of the game. Play after play after play with little interruption allows you to see and sense things you normally can't during a typical 3.5 hour broadcast.

BTW, my take on this game... Washington played LIGHTS OUT and still lost. Their defense is good, played with intensity and Dallas scored 27 on them. Murray made so many plays out of nothing, that his 75 yards on the ground seemed like 125. He is very very good catching the ball and doing all the little things to get maximum yardage.

Macarthur
11-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Watched the game last night. The NFL replay is freakin' crazy good. You definitely get more feel for the flow of the game. Play after play after play with little interruption allows you to see and sense things you normally can't during a typical 3.5 hour broadcast.

BTW, my take on this game... Washington played LIGHTS OUT and still lost. Their defense is good, played with intensity and Dallas scored 27 on them. Murray made so many plays out of nothing, that his 75 yards on the ground seemed like 125. He is very very good catching the ball and doing all the little things to get maximum yardage.

If the Skins had a QB, they would be a very good team.

buff4ever
11-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Let's start the miami thread back up and leave the skins game alone.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 10:50 AM

yep...the Washington has a top 12 D

Farmersfan
11-23-2011, 11:06 AM
wow

u want to blame Romo for 4th Q melt downs..but wont do the same for the D, you then try to say well yea but for 3 Quarters they played well..If someone supporting Romo said the same thing you then attack..yet u claim I am a Romo lover..but then say you of course have no bias just telling things like it is...LOL right..I have said numerous times on here..I like Romo, dont love him but I think the criticism he gets is so over the top it is stupid.

I have never NOT said Dallas did not at times underachieve..I just dont do like you and put it all on Romo and blame him for every thing like you do( and yes you do)

I have said well before we ever started debating the Pro Bowl is not a barometer of best players( and 100s if not thousands of articles say the same thing)

I have always said Romo is what he is a good QB..I have never said he was top 5, so the fact I have said he is top 10-15 shows I am saying he is good, but has flaws..you act like he is a bottom feeder QB.

Yes Romo is overrated..because the expectations that people like you and some in media have is ludicrous and possibly un reachable

Isn't it amazing how we can get two completely different perspectives from the same conversations? Suffice it to say that when the team was playing good enough to win a Superbowl Romo didn't get it done and when Romo was playing good enough to win a Superbowl his support cast didn't get it done. Either way the combination has been a huge disappointment for most Cowboy fans since Romo has taken over the franchise tag. As I have said 1000 times the difference is ownership has made changes at every single position except one and we still get basically the same results. The light came on for me a few years ago but apparently it hasn't come on for you yet! It will.............................:)

SintonFan
11-23-2011, 11:11 AM

Yes, they very well could be.

buff4ever
11-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I agree with FF on the romo discussion. Still rooting for the cowboys to win it all, but romo doesn't make me very confident when it comes to tough situations against quality teams.

Farmersfan
11-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Let's start the miami thread back up and leave the skins game alone.

After watching some of the Miami vs buffalo game I have decided that it was just a case of Buffalo being really, really bad. Miami has been rolling lately but it has been against KC, Washington and Buffalo. I really don't know if we should be concerned about the fact that they beat Washington 20-8 two weeks ago when the Cowboys barely pulled out a 3pt OT win against that same team one week later........................... food for thought!

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Isn't it amazing how we can get two completely different perspectives from the same conversations? Suffice it to say that when the team was playing good enough to win a Superbowl Romo didn't get it done and when Romo was playing good enough to win a Superbowl his support cast didn't get it done. Either way the combination has been a huge disappointment for most Cowboy fans since Romo has taken over the franchise tag. As I have said 1000 times the difference is ownership has made changes at every single position except one and we still get basically the same results. The light came on for me a few years ago but apparently it hasn't come on for you yet! It will.............................:)

This where my problem is..you act like Romo is the cause for all that is bad yet act like anything he does good is because of talent...face it..when Romo has played at least 14 games in a season Dallas makes the play offs. PERIOD. in 08 and 10 he missed time, the cowboys dont make the play offs. I have NEVER given Romo ALL the credit for wins and I will not make him the blame for all the losses.

Like I have always said..Romo is a top 10-15 QB year in and year out..he will NEVER carry a team, but can be a SB QB with the right team around him

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1641324] Suffice it to say that when the team was playing good enough to win a Superbowl Romo didn't get it done and when Romo was playing good enough to win a Superbowl his support cast didn't get it done. QUOTE]

you mean like SF on the road with a broken rib yet still has a come from behind win?

Farmersfan
11-23-2011, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1641324] Suffice it to say that when the team was playing good enough to win a Superbowl Romo didn't get it done and when Romo was playing good enough to win a Superbowl his support cast didn't get it done. QUOTE]

you mean like SF on the road with a broken rib yet still has a come from behind win?

yea! Or like Detroit at home with a 24 point blown lead in the second half almost completely on Romo mistakes................................... Or like at home against the Jets when Romo throws a int on his end of the field with 50 seconds left in the game to give the Jets the win with a FG! Or earlier in that same game when Romo has at least 3 points guaranteed that will put the Cowboys up by 2 scores and Romo doesn't have enough football sense to know to protect the ball on a dive to the endzone, so he fumbles.

We could do this all day TXB! The one thing about Romo is he has just as many really bad plays that can offset his great plays.................

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Txbroadcaster;1641332]

yea! Or like Detroit at home with a 24 point blown lead in the second half almost completely on Romo mistakes................................... Or like at home against the Jets when Romo throws a int on his end of the field with 50 seconds left in the game to give the Jets the win with a FG! Or earlier in that same game when Romo has at least 3 points guaranteed that will put the Cowboys up by 2 scores and Romo doesn't have enough football sense to know to protect the ball on a dive to the endzone, so he fumbles.

We could do this all day TXB! The one thing about Romo is he has just as many really bad plays that can offset his great plays.................

first off the Jets game was on road..but you make my point 100%..you forget to mention the 98 yd Drive after the fumble and the block punt for a TD and just focus on Romo

Macarthur
11-23-2011, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1641351]

first off the Jets game was on road..but you make my point 100%..you forget to mention the 98 yd Drive after the fumble and the block punt for a TD and just focus on Romo

I tend to agree on the NY thing. That blocked punt doesn't happen and Romo doesn't throw the INT because they are running out the clock.

The Det game was an abomination and Romo singlehandedly lost that game. But I disagree with you that you could do this all day. Give me a list of the games Romo has lost for this team. I'll give you the Lions this year and for the sake of the argument, I'll even give you the Jets, even though I believe the blocked punt was the play that ultimately lost that game. List them out....... Go!

Farmersfan
11-23-2011, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1641351]

Wait! Weren't we talking about Romo?

And I have mentioned those other things 100 times in our conversations. Sorry if I didn't mention them in a conversation about Tony Romo! We were talking about Romo mistakes! Not Rookie mistakes on a blocked punt or the defense allowing a 98 yard drive to a team that has driven 3140 yards so far this season against everybody else. I'm not sure why it's a problem that I "just focus on Romo" in a conversation about Romo! I'm also not sure either one of those things has any relevence at all in the conversation.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=Txbroadcaster;1641357]

Wait! Weren't we talking about Romo?

And I have mentioned those other things 100 times in our conversations. Sorry if I didn't mention them in a conversation about Tony Romo! We were talking about Romo mistakes! Not Rookie mistakes on a blocked punt or the defense allowing a 98 yard drive to a team that has driven 3140 yards so far this season against everybody else. I'm not sure why it's a problem that I "just focus on Romo" in a conversation about Romo! I'm also not sure either one of those things has any relevence at all in the conversation.

no YOU were talking about only Romo which has been my whole point..I dont want to talk about only Romo..YOU DO..you forget that the Dallas D is not great, you forget the Dallas run game since 2005 has not had a 1,000 rusher, or that the OL has been average, or that the WR corp is littered with UFA pick ups or that the secondary has been thin for 6 years now..instead u want to focus on what Romo does wrong.

Farmersfan
11-23-2011, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1641368]

no YOU were talking about only Romo which has been my whole point..I dont want to talk about only Romo..YOU DO..you forget that the Dallas D is not great, you forget the Dallas run game since 2005 has not had a 1,000 rusher, or that the OL has been average, or that the WR corp is littered with UFA pick ups or that the secondary has been thin for 6 years now..instead u want to focus on what Romo does wrong.

There is a difference in "Getting Beat" and "giving it away" TXB! perhaps that's where we differ? If the defense sucks or the O-line in horrible it doesn't excuse turnovers by the QB. (or anybody for that matter).