PDA

View Full Version : Rgiii

Bullaholic
11-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Really impressed with Robert Griffin, III. Not just because he almost single-handedly beat OU in the last 8 secs yesterday, but because he may be one of the best pure athletes that has come along in the college ranks since Michael Vick. He appears to be a winner, and seemed like a fine young man in the post-game interviews.

jason
11-20-2011, 11:45 AM
he also graduated from baylor in 3 years and is now enrolled in their law school...

regaleagle
11-20-2011, 12:12 PM
The NFL scouts will all have RGIII high on their list as a dynamic player that can be used at many different offensive positions in their systems. I predict he will be a first or second rounder on somebody's chart come draft time.

LionFan72
11-20-2011, 12:56 PM
The NFL scouts will all have RGIII high on their list as a dynamic player that can be used at many different offensive positions in their systems. I predict he will be a first or second rounder on somebody's chart come draft time.

I think RGIII is a very capable athlete, but like many these days, he carries a lot of baggage behind the scenes and most revolves around attitude. On the field he is very astute, off the field not so much. Whomever drafts him better do their homework, unless they want another TO or Ocho Cinco circus to deal with.

Outstanding game yesterday over Oklahoma, Congrats to RGIII and Briles on an amazing game!

Phil C
11-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Boy did UT goof up not going after him. :(

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Love his feet work and his release. Ball seems to just zing when he chunks it. Now, add brains to the mix, and someone might get a nice QB at a great price after Luck goes.

Eagle 1
11-20-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm really getting impressed with his game play.
Smart and humble, not a showboat. Class act all the way.

BaseballUmp
11-20-2011, 04:34 PM
I think RGIII is a very capable athlete, but like many these days, he carries a lot of baggage behind the scenes and most revolves around attitude. On the field he is very astute, off the field not so much. Whomever drafts him better do their homework, unless they want another TO or Ocho Cinco circus to deal with.

Outstanding game yesterday over Oklahoma, Congrats to RGIII and Briles on an amazing game!

Care to elaborate?

Rabid Cougar
11-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Care to elaborate?
He hasn't a clue as to what he is talking about..RGIII is about as opposite of TO and OC as the sun and the moon.

I don't know where he is going... He is only a Redshirt Junior who WILL win the Heisman in '12...

Daddy D 11
11-20-2011, 05:23 PM

YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?
LMAO

You couldn't be further from the truth. I've had multiple classes with the guy, hung out at each other houses, been to dinner with each others parents, gone out around waco with him, etc. YOU COULD NOT HAVE BUILT A MORE PERFECT HUMAN BEING. The kid literally does nothing wrong. Doesn't drink. Has never smoked anything in his life. Doesn't cuss. Makes all As. Had Div 1 offers in 3 different sports outta high school. Has the respect of the entire waco community. There isn't a single person that has ever uttered the same words that you just did. You're the only one sir. Just because you watched him play in Brownwood a couple years ago and he got ejected due to some racial slurs from the refs and your players doesn't make him a bad person. It just means in the heat of battle he got riled up. Try to pull your head out next time before making a comment like that.

Rabid Cougar
11-20-2011, 05:33 PM
YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?
LMAO

You couldn't be further from the truth. I've had multiple classes with the guy, hung out at each other houses, been to dinner with each others parents, gone out around waco with him, etc. YOU COULD NOT HAVE BUILT A MORE PERFECT HUMAN BEING. The kid literally does nothing wrong. Doesn't drink. Has never smoked anything in his life. Doesn't cuss. Makes all As. Had Div 1 offers in 3 different sports outta high school. Has the respect of the entire waco community. There isn't a single person that has ever uttered the same words that you just did. You're the only one sir. Just because you watched him play in Brownwood a couple years ago and he got ejected due to some racial slurs from the refs and your players doesn't make him a bad person. It just means in the heat of battle he got riled up. Try to pull your head out next time before making a comment like that.

+++1

Old Tiger
11-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Brownwood is racist.

Tin Cup
11-20-2011, 05:38 PM
I remember the game at Cove very clearly. We hit him really hard a few times and you could see his frustrations building. He got a personal foul and took his helmet off yelling at ref and got tossed. I remember leaving that game thinking he would never make it because he didn't like to get physical. I think it's easy to have 1 episode like that ruin your perception of someone. After that game, he led his team to the State Finals and hasn't looked back, nor been in the paper for anything bad. Remarkable talent. Freakish.

Old Tiger
11-20-2011, 05:40 PM
I remember the game at Cove very clearly. We hit him really hard a few times and you could see his frustrations building. He got a personal foul and took his helmet off yelling at ref and got tossed. I remember leaving that game thinking he would never make it because he didn't like to get physical. I think it's easy to have 1 episode like that ruin your perception of someone. After that game, he led his team to the State Finals and hasn't looked back, nor been in the paper for anything bad. Remarkable talent. Freakish.I heard that they were some late hits/roughing the passer no calls due to the lack of diversity on the field between Cove/Bwood.

Tin Cup
11-20-2011, 05:44 PM
I heard that they were some late hits/roughing the passer no calls due to the lack of diversity on the field between Cove/Bwood.

He got absolutely BLOWN UP as the ball left his hand. It was one of the best, cleanest hits I've ever seen.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah, can't say I've heard anything bad about him at Baylor. Hell, we all wish we could take back things we did in HS when we were still learning right from wrong. Good luck III.

BaseballUmp
11-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Yea, I got ejected from a game for running over the catcher. Doesn't mean i'm a bad person, I was just in the zone lol

Old Tiger
11-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Yea, I got ejected from a game for running over the catcher. Doesn't mean i'm a bad person, I was just in the zone lolThug

BaseballUmp
11-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Thug

Racist

YTBulldogs
Yea, I got ejected from a game for running over the catcher. Doesn't mean i'm a bad person, I was just in the zone lol

See, ump turned out kinda ok.:p

Old Tiger
RacistYou are bro.

BaseballUmp
11-20-2011, 06:04 PM
You are bro.

But one of my best friends is black lol

Old Tiger
11-20-2011, 06:06 PM
But one of my best friends is black lolI have two best friends that are black.

Emerson1
11-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I remember the game at Cove very clearly. We hit him really hard a few times and you could see his frustrations building. He got a personal foul and took his helmet off yelling at ref and got tossed. I remember leaving that game thinking he would never make it because he didn't like to get physical. I think it's easy to have 1 episode like that ruin your perception of someone. After that game, he led his team to the State Finals and hasn't looked back, nor been in the paper for anything bad. Remarkable talent. Freakish.
I think he already has his masters, if not he graduated in 3 years with a normal degree and is going for his masters.

jason
11-21-2011, 08:45 AM
I think he already has his masters, if not he graduated in 3 years with a normal degree and is going for his masters.graduated in 3 years, now enrolled in baylor law school

Daddy D 11
11-21-2011, 12:50 PM
no, he graduated in 4 with his undergraduate (he graduated from high school a semester early), that's when he won the conference in hurdles or whatever. Graduated last december and enrolled in graduate school here. Once that finishes up, he's going to possibly apply to the law school for next year, that way he can play football for his senior year.

Personally... if you asked me, after talking with the guy bout things many times, I think he's gone after this year. Fairly certain actually.

sahen
11-21-2011, 01:03 PM
he isn't in law school yet...for him to play next year he will have to petition the NCAA and Baylor to let him take a lighter course load in law school for the fall semester...Baylor will obviously allow it, i don't think the NCAA would have a prob with it either, but that means in 5 years RG3 will have gotten his bachelor's and master's degree...talk about putting a scholarship to good use, the kid has a good head on his shoulders...i hope he comes back but at this point i wouldn't blame him for leaving, only time will tell...if he has 2 of his "normal" games then i think he will be in NYC for the the Heisman ceremony, but probably won't win it..if he comes back next year then he will be the favorite going into the year...

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 01:07 PM
I don't see him returning. He has too much to lose IMO if he does.

sahen
11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I don't see him returning. He has too much to lose IMO if he does.

didn't think Tebow would either a couple years back...or even a closer example Perry Jones for Baylor Basketball either but kids do some unexpected stuff sometimes..we will see what happens, obviously i wish he would come back but if i was in his shoes i would prolly be gone to the nfl...

Daddy D 11
11-21-2011, 03:08 PM
What makes things weird is that if he were to come back, he would be going through not even one year of law school only to finish his senior season and then be drafted. So he wouldn't be finishing his law degree, or even getting close for that matter.

IF he was to stay, which I still think won't happen(90% sure he declares for the draft), I think there's a higher chance he just applies for a different graduate program here that he can accomplish in a year or so, that way he's not making such a big commitment to baylor law, and having to petition, and then leaving those law school hours on the table. Just a very weird situation all together because of how bright the guy is, and all the career aspirations off the football field that he has.

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 04:10 PM
didn't think Tebow would either a couple years back...or even a closer example Perry Jones for Baylor Basketball either but kids do some unexpected stuff sometimes..we will see what happens, obviously i wish he would come back but if i was in his shoes i would prolly be gone to the nfl...

Tebow stayed because no one saw him as a first round pick..RgIII is starting to enter the discussion of will he be the 1st QB taken

LionFan72
11-22-2011, 07:32 AM
YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?
LMAO

Maybe I was misinformed as much as you were, but I guess time will tell the whole truth! I hope that i was misinformed because of the talent this young man has. And no, I will not elaborate or spew forth rumor to tarnish the young man, maybe he "has" grown up! I wish him all the luck in the future, although doesn't appear he needs luck as he has natural talent. Time remains!

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Tebow stayed because no one saw him as a first round pick..RgIII is starting to enter the discussion of will he be the 1st QB taken2nd qb?

Didnt hear anyone thinking RG3 was going over Luck??

Daddy D 11
11-22-2011, 10:23 AM
2nd qb?

Question is, where is Tannehil going?

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2011, 10:25 AM
2nd qb?

after this past week..NFL live on ESPN..First Take on ESPN, At least two shows on NFL network( cant remember the names)...ESPN U Draft show all talked about if RGIII has replaced Luck on SOME draft boards as number 1 QB

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Question is, where is Tannehil going? no clue. He's a good nfl style QB. I'd guess 3rd round.

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2011, 10:28 AM
after this past week..NFL live on ESPN..First Take on ESPN, At least two shows on NFL network( cant remember the names)...ESPN U Draft show all talked about if RGIII has replaced Luck on SOME draft boards as number 1 QB I haven't been around the tv much lately because I'm busy with school but tats pretty interesting. Didn't figure anyone would pass on luck despite how awesome rg3 has been

buff4ever
11-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Anyone who talks negatively about RG3 is misinformed or uninteligent. Baylor could not ask for a better person to lead their team. He has done wonders for Baylor, and he has done it with class and respect.

jason
11-22-2011, 11:17 AM
how do you think things would be if he had gone to houston as originally planned...