WEST ORANGE STARK TO 3A MAYBE

EVERMAN MOVE UP TO 4A

FORNEY TO 4A

DALLAS ROOSEVELT TO 3A MAYBE

PARIS TO 3A

ANY OTHER TEAMS???

BurnetBandRules
10-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Well, if the numbers stay the same, which they might not, then Burnet will definatley move up. Burnet has right around 950 students enrolled this year.

Cat22
10-14-2003, 05:06 PM
I spoke to a guy from West Orange Stark, and he tells me they are reporting between 850 - 860 students this time. It looks like they will for sure be 3A next year.

tomthall
10-14-2003, 05:07 PM
what about elgin?

Gobbla2001
10-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Schools like Everman, Elgin and Burnet 'should' move up...

WOS shouldN'T move down if what 'most' people have heard is true (top number in 3A being moved down and bottom number being moved up [AKA: shrinking 3A])...

X21AAAPlayer
10-14-2003, 07:27 PM
Gobbla2001:

WOS shouldN'T move down if what 'most' people have heard is true (top number in 3A being moved down and bottom number being moved up [AKA: shrinking 3A])...Yeah but everyone seems to have heard "inside" information which can't be wrong. It's getting a little old really. If WOS drops, the drop and we'll give them a warm welcome to 3a. If not oh well. I don't think ANYONE knows for sure except the people in charge of setting alignment figures.

Chris Hart
10-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Look for 3A #'s to be around 450-939.

Backwoods
10-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Chris: If your #'s are anywhere close, a bunch of teams in SE Texas like Newton will fall back into 2A.

3afan2K3
10-14-2003, 08:19 PM
No one knows!!

Chris Hart
10-14-2003, 08:44 PM
Backwoods:
Chris: If your #'s are anywhere close, a bunch of teams in SE Texas like Newton will fall back into 2A.Back in the spring the UIL released those #'s as the 'projected #'s' of the next realignment. They may not be exact, but I would expect this to be pretty close.

JasperDog94
10-14-2003, 09:17 PM
Backwoods:
Chris: If your #'s are anywhere close, a bunch of teams in SE Texas like Newton will fall back into 2A.Newton would be a perenial (sp?) favorite in 2A. They're doin' pretty darn good in 3A.

wildstangs
10-14-2003, 10:00 PM
Ballinger should drop to 2A.

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2003, 10:00 PM
Chris Hart:
Look for 3A #'s to be around 450-939.Man, that's sad. We'll...again, I add...be back to barely above 3A ranking. I think we have 464 or just above in HS. Oh, well - I think we were one of the smallest schools in the playoffs last year; hopefully will be again this year, and so on....

KTownBalla
10-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Kennedale stays in 3A...i wonder what teams we will have in our district come next year...

JasperDog94
10-14-2003, 11:53 PM
I hope Jasper stays 3A. I would miss all of you guys...and gals... :( frown

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Chris Hart:
Look for 3A #'s to be around 450-939.If that 450 student level comes to pass, then I know for sure District 31 will be thrown ALL OUT OF WHACK, because there are 3 teams (one for sure, and two dangerously close, Hebbronville, Orange Grove, and Bishop) could possibly drop down to 2A.

Lyford out of district 32 is also dangerously close to that 450 mark.

If these teams do end up dropping down into 2A, would this mean some kind of district 31 and 32 merger??

Jacket2000
10-15-2003, 01:09 AM
If the ceiling stays where it's projected to be in '04, then you might wanna watch for Stephenvile to spend a few years in 3a.
J2K

j_dog
10-15-2003, 01:31 AM
Jacket2000:
If the ceiling stays where it's projected to be in '04, then you might wanna watch for Stephenvile to spend a few years in 3a.
J2KNow THAT thought is scary!! Glad they are not in Region III. :rolleyes:

Jacket2000
10-15-2003, 02:38 AM
j_dog:

Jacket2000:
J2KNow THAT thought is scary!! Glad they are not in Region III. :rolleyes: True, but West Orange-Stark would be in Region III if they move down. I dont think that would make me feel much better.
J2K

espn1
10-15-2003, 04:16 AM
I heard Burnet had 936 students.

sphinx1906
10-15-2003, 08:13 AM
WOS,Jasper, Silsbee, Bridge City, Kirbyville, and Orangefield. How would you like to see that district in 3-a next year?

CatWoman
10-15-2003, 08:19 AM
wildstangs:
Ballinger should drop to 2A.Yes Stangs, Ballinger has barely made the cut the last 2 re-alignments. I have mixed feelings about it. We have always competed pretty well in 3A.

MtnAg
10-15-2003, 08:33 AM
I heard Jasper would go back up, is that incorrect info?

Old Dog
10-15-2003, 08:48 AM
espn, thats around the figure I've heard too. I Guess it will be real interesting until the final numbers come from the UIL and we see where we land.

To me the most interesting aspect is "where" Burnet would be placed. Logic says it's simple, but upon examination, it might not be so.

olddawggreen
10-15-2003, 08:58 AM
Gobbla2001:

WOS shouldN'T move down if what 'most' people have heard is true (top number in 3A being moved down and bottom number being moved up [AKA: shrinking 3A])...I never thought I would hear something like this about my sleepy little town of Burnet. :confused: :confused:

rodeo6
10-15-2003, 09:09 AM
rice consolidated will probably move down.

southern_thunder
10-15-2003, 09:11 AM
MtnAg:
I heard Jasper would go back up, is that incorrect info?Jasper has fewer students now than they turned in last.

Matthew328
10-15-2003, 09:11 AM
Everyone is right...no one knows for sure..we can speculate about the numbers all day...LOL There are a number of things the UIL could do...

BUT I think

Everman, FW Diamond Hill, Lake Dallas, Forney, Burnet and Elgin are all sure bets to go 4A.....schools like Jasper, Borger, etc it all depends on where the numbers fall..

I think Paris is a sure bet to drop..WOS is a pretty safe bet...I don't think Stephenville drops..they are running around 975 so I beleive they are OK..

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-15-2003, 09:30 AM
From what I understand Wichita Falls Hirschi will move down from 4A into 3A and Wichita Falls City View could move up from 2A to 3A. Also Burkburnett a 4A team may also fall to 3A depending on where that top # falls. Both Hirschi and Burkburnett play two or three district 5AAA teams in nondistrict so they are familiar with them. District 5 could end up something like this:

Iowa Park
WF Hirschi
Bowie
Vernon
Graham or WF City View
Burkburnett
All of these schools are within 2 hours of each other Bowie and Vernon being both about 1 hour from Wichita Falls in seperate directions. Burkburnett and Iowa Park are both with ten minutes from Wichita Falls. Graham is also about an hour from Wichita Falls going southwest.

Childress moves to another district
Breckenridge moves to another district
Graham could move to another district if City View gets the numbers.

From what I understand Hirschi is almost a sure 3A school next year. It seems that City View has been taking its students under a choice program.

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Z motion 10 out on 2 ]</small>

Matthew328
10-15-2003, 09:33 AM
I also heard WF Hirschi and City View could be 3A....I drove through Burkburnett not too long ago and it seemed like it could be 3A as well....

spiveyrat
10-15-2003, 11:18 AM
j_dog:

Jacket2000:
J2KNow THAT thought is scary!! Glad they are not in Region III. :rolleyes: I agree!

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-15-2003, 11:20 AM
Matthew328:
I also heard WF Hirschi and City View could be 3A....I drove through Burkburnett not too long ago and it seemed like it could be 3A as well....It would make a good district since all of these schools are so close together. City view would be on the low end and Burk and Hirschi would be on the top. Burk gets a lot of airforce kids so they often times varry in enrollment, but now they are down. Poor Bowie if that happens it would only get worse for them.

spiveyrat
10-15-2003, 11:22 AM
Jacket2000:

j_dog:

Jacket2000:
J2KNow THAT thought is scary!! Glad they are not in Region III. :rolleyes: True, but West Orange-Stark would be in Region III if they move down. I dont think that would make me feel much better.
J2KPersonally, I would welcome WOS to come down. I want Jasper to have every opportunity possible to beat WOS. We took too many poundings from them in the '80's and early '90's for my liking. Need some payback!

Jacket2000
10-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Well, I dont think they'll move down this realignment. But, S'ville tends to hover around the low 900's at times, and if a particularly small class happens to come through, I could see'em movin' down for a couple years. But, Im sure they'd move back up as soon as the next realignment rolled around.
J2K

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Jacket2000 ]</small>

j_dog
10-15-2003, 03:37 PM
sphinx1906:
WOS,Jasper, Silsbee, Bridge City, Kirbyville, and Orangefield. How would you like to see that district in 3-a next year?It sounds great to me. There is nothing like a competitive district to get the juices flowing! :D

cc700
10-15-2003, 03:54 PM
WITH ONLY 347 STUDENTS AND BEING THE SMALLEST SCHOOL IN 3A CELINA WILL BE 2A NEXT YEAR.YOU KNOW EVERY ONE IN 2A JUST LOVES TAHT.

callandraise
10-15-2003, 03:55 PM
bALLINGER WILL MOVE DOWN EVEN IF THE NUMBERS STAY THE SAME .WE WERE UNDER 340 LAST YEAR AND STILL ARE THIS YEAR. THAT'S TWO YEARS COMPETEING IN 3a WITH A 2a ENROLLMENT.

Wtx_coach
10-15-2003, 04:35 PM
I hear KERMIT will be dropping to 2A, AND i HEAR we will have some el paso school back in 3A, Fabens, and a brand new school called Horizon and one other school im not for sure, that will then put them with Pecos,FT.Stcokton, Monahans. and probably Greenwood, this will make a 7 team district for football and a 8 team district for the rest of the sport with Presidio!!Lots of traveling once again for Monahans and Pecos, these 2 teams were once in that EL PASO district!!

3afan
10-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Chris Hart:

Backwoods:
Chris: If your #'s are anywhere close, a bunch of teams in SE Texas like Newton will fall back into 2A.Back in the spring the UIL released those #'s as the 'projected #'s' of the next realignment. They may not be exact, but I would expect this to be pretty close..
NO, THE UIL DID NOT RELEASE PROJECTED #'S. THEY NEVER HAVE. I DON"T KNOW WHERE SOME PEOPLE GET THIS STUFF. I'VE POSTED NUMEROUS TIMES THAT THE REALIGNMENT PROCESS DOES NOT START WITH ENROLLMENT #'S FOR EACH CLASS. ITS DETERMINED BASED ON THE # OF SCHOOLS IN EACH CLASS. FOLLOWING IS AN EMAIL FROM VICKI BRYANT OF THE UIL:

(Enrollment) Projections don't exist. The athletic department has no idea what the enrollments are until they are received.

Conference 5A should consist of a minimum of 220 schools and a maximum of 245 schools (depending on how many new schools there are next alignment period); Conferences 2A through 4A should consist of a number of schools such that the enrollment ratio in grades 9-12 between the largest school and the smallest school is approximately 2.0. There should be at least 200 schools each in Conferences 2A and 4A. Conference A shall consist of all schools that are not in Conferences 2A-5A.

Hope this helps,

Vicki Bryant
UIL

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

DawgFan91
10-17-2003, 01:58 PM
sphinx1906:
WOS,Jasper, Silsbee, Bridge City, Kirbyville, and Orangefield. How would you like to see that district in 3-a next year?The first four are old acquaintances and while I think WO-S would be good and sometimes great, I wouldn't lose sleep over having them in 3A. Silsbee is horrible this year too. Have they won in the last 2 years?

DawgFan91
10-17-2003, 02:08 PM
3afan:

Chris Hart:

Backwoods:
Chris: If your #'s are anywhere close, a bunch of teams in SE Texas like Newton will fall back into 2A.Back in the spring the UIL released those #'s as the 'projected #'s' of the next realignment. They may not be exact, but I would expect this to be pretty close..
NO, THE UIL DID NOT RELEASE PROJECTED #'S. THEY NEVER HAVE. I DON"T KNOW WHERE SOME PEOPLE GET THIS STUFF. I'VE POSTED NUMEROUS TIMES THAT THE REALIGNMENT PROCESS DOES NOT START WITH ENROLLMENT #'S FOR EACH CLASS. ITS DETERMINED BASED ON THE # OF SCHOOLS IN EACH CLASS. FOLLOWING IS AN EMAIL FROM VICKI BRYANT OF THE UIL:

(Enrollment) Projections don't exist. The athletic department has no idea what the enrollments are until they are received.

Conference 5A should consist of a minimum of 220 schools and a maximum of 245 schools (depending on how many new schools there are next alignment period); Conferences 2A through 4A should consist of a number of schools such that the enrollment ratio in grades 9-12 between the largest school and the smallest school is approximately 2.0. There should be at least 200 schools each in Conferences 2A and 4A. Conference A shall consist of all schools that are not in Conferences 2A-5A.

Hope this helps,

Vicki Bryant
UILThanks Vicki,
I have heard the same thing about the ratio of 2.0. They want to prevent a team like Celina with say 350 students from having to compete against schools like Jasper, Burnet, etc... who have over 800 or even 900 students. The idea is that no school will compete against another if one has more than twice the enrollment of the other.

RAIDER96
10-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Rice consolidated would definitly move down. Iwould like to see us win a championship in 3A before that happens. Our numbers drop every year. What about Cueros numbers?

whosay
10-17-2003, 03:45 PM
YEA THEY SAY RICE RAIDERS WILL BE GOING DOWN TO 2A, SO DO U STILL THINK NEWTON WILL RULE.

Chris Hart
10-17-2003, 04:20 PM
3afan:

Chris Hart:

Backwoods:

Hope this helps,

Vicki Bryant
UILWell 3afan, I guess we'll wait and see what the numbers are when they are released. When it turns out that the numbers I put up are real close, then you can say it was just a lucky guess. But yes they were released and those were the projected #'s. Wait and see. :p

3afan
10-17-2003, 04:28 PM
well i would think the person from the UIL would know. she said they never released projected enrollments for the 5 classes. i'm not calling you a liar or anything - so don't bug out on me - but WHERE did you see this release?

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

j_dog
10-17-2003, 05:53 PM
whosay:
YEA THEY SAY RICE RAIDERS WILL BE GOING DOWN TO 2A, SO DO U STILL THINK NEWTON WILL RULE.It is rather presumptious to say any team will "Rule". However, Newton certainly will make their presence felt. Just as they have in 3a. There are not many 3a teams that can handle them year in and year out, and quite a few good, high profile 4a teams have bit the dust over the years from playing Newton.

3afan
10-22-2003, 07:37 AM
3afan:
well i would think the person from the UIL would know. she said they never released projected enrollments for the 5 classes. i'm not calling you a liar or anything - so don't bug out on me - but WHERE did you see this release?i kinda figured ...

diboll_fan
10-22-2003, 08:16 AM
I heard Jasper was moving back up to 4a also, they need to they got a big town bigger than most other 3a's

BrainDamage
10-22-2003, 09:21 AM
Kennedale should still be a 3a unless some dramatic growth takes place (like 100 more people suddenly show up to go here).

CatWoman
10-22-2003, 09:31 AM
All speculation seems to point to Ballinger dropping to 2A. If this happens, I wonder what district we would be in.

Matthew328
10-22-2003, 09:33 AM
BrainDamage:
Kennedale should still be a 3a unless some dramatic growth takes place (like 100 more people suddenly show up to go here).Kennedale will be 3A for 2 more years then I think they'll be in 4A...8-3A likely will stay the same..excpet Everman and Diamond Hill will move up...and Lake Worth and Grandview could replace EHS and DH...

Old Green
10-22-2003, 10:13 AM
RAIDER96:
Rice consolidated would definitly move down. Iwould like to see us win a championship in 3A before that happens. Our numbers drop every year. What about Cueros numbers?T.E.A. AESIS site has Cuero at 719 Enrollment for October Grades 9-12.

shellman54
10-22-2003, 10:53 AM
I THINK BARBERS HILL HAS A COUPLE OF MORE YEARS IN 3A, BUT WITH THE GROWTH HAPPENING OVER THERE, IT WON'T BE TOO MUCH LONGER BEFORE THEY MOVE UP TO 4A. WHICH MAKES ME WONDER ABOUT SOMETHING. WILL THAT PUT US IN THE SAME DISTRICT AS DAYTON, AND WHY HAS THE HILL NOT SCHEDULED A GAME AGAINST DAYTON IN THE PRESEASON?

spike
10-22-2003, 11:00 AM
FEAR OF LOSING!!!!!

pgamgt1982
10-22-2003, 07:28 PM
I heard that.

What will be the cutoff numbers for 3a next year....or is this just a projected number???

CRHSeagle
10-22-2003, 08:30 PM
Matthew328:

BrainDamage:
Kennedale should still be a 3a unless some dramatic growth takes place (like 100 more people suddenly show up to go here).Kennedale will be 3A for 2 more years then I think they'll be in 4A...8-3A likely will stay the same..excpet Everman and Diamond Hill will move up...and Lake Worth and Grandview could replace EHS and DH...Whats the enrollment for Diamond Hill right now? Carter Riverside is well past the 900's there at about 1100 right now.

sinfan75
10-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if 31AAA gets tore up that Sinton will be headin north.It happened in the 80's when they played Floresville and Goliad in 29AAA.

Chris Hart
10-22-2003, 10:33 PM
3afan:

3afan:
well i would think the person from the UIL would know. she said they never released projected enrollments for the 5 classes. i'm not calling you a liar or anything - so don't bug out on me - but WHERE did you see this release?i kinda figured ...3afan, It was either on 3ADownLow/Old Coach/Prep/Pig, I actually think it was on a couple of them. On my earlier post I said it was in the spring, but I went and did a search on this site for it. It was released the same time the UIL ruled against the 6A plan. I ran a search on'6A' on this site, and didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find one of my post in Jan. that referred to the #'s, so it had to be before then but I came up empty. I haven't tried a search on the Old Coach/Prep/Pig but if you can find the 'UIL rejects 6A plan' topic on any of them, then you should get what your saying wasn't there. I looked on here to try and find it for you, and I couldn't find it, so if you want to see it try searching the old Coach/Prep/Pig, but you'll have to do the research for yourself, It's not that important to me. I just don't know why I would've posted the same exact projected #'s back in January if I hadn't seen the projected #'s. Happy hunting. :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

3afan2K3
10-22-2003, 10:38 PM
not interested in searching for it ...lets just wait 'til Feb & see what happens.

Chris Hart
10-22-2003, 11:15 PM
Well your dad is acting like it's life or death that I prove it to him. I guess if he doesn't want to search for it, he'll have to wait until Feb. to see it for himself.

Matthew328
10-23-2003, 07:20 AM
CRHSeagle:

Matthew328:

BrainDamage:
Kennedale should still be a 3a unless some dramatic growth takes place (like 100 more people suddenly show up to go here).Kennedale will be 3A for 2 more years then I think they'll be in 4A...8-3A likely will stay the same..excpet Everman and Diamond Hill will move up...and Lake Worth and Grandview could replace EHS and DH...Whats the enrollment for Diamond Hill right now? Carter Riverside is well past the 900's there at about 1100 right now.Well if Carter is over 1100 then likely FWISD will have 2 4A districts.....becuase they'd have 12 4A schools..

KTownBalla
10-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Wait, if Carter-Riverside and DH-Jarvis, have the highest enrollment in district 8-3A, y is their football team not very great? Is it cause of lack of interest or what?

Owen B
10-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Someone on a message board saying that some numbers came from UIL does not make it so. UIL doesn't deal with or release such projections. To do so would be pointless and foolish, since it would be based on ignorance. In approximately two weeks, UIL will have the enrollments of all member schools, along with any requests to "play up" a classification. That's when they'll begin the realignment process.

I don't know whose guess it was, but a 450 lower end for 3A doesn't even make sense. There aren't enough schools with enrollments higher than that to fill out 3A-5A.

3afan
10-23-2003, 11:27 AM
Chris Hart:
Well your dad is acting like it's life or death that I prove it to him. I guess if he doesn't want to search for it, he'll have to wait until Feb. to see it for himself.actually it was 3afan who said that, not 2K3 ... i "borrowed" his username by accident. and no, its not life/death. all i know is that the girl from the UIL said they do not/did not release that information so thats enuf that needs to be said about that. and i'm sure you did see those numbers posted somewhere by "someone", but the numbers, according to the girl from the UIL, did not originate from the UIL. and finally, yes, we'll see in Feb. and maybe those numbers will be close to how they actually turn out. and maybe they wont. doesn't really matter. ola .....

3afan
10-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Owen B:
Someone on a message board saying that some numbers came from UIL does not make it so. UIL doesn't deal with or release such projections. To do so would be pointless and foolish, since it would be based on ignorance. In approximately two weeks, UIL will have the enrollments of all member schools, along with any requests to "play up" a classification. That's when they'll begin the realignment process.

I don't know whose guess it was, but a 450 lower end for 3A doesn't even make sense. There aren't enough schools with enrollments higher than that to fill out 3A-5A.bingo :D