PDA

View Full Version : Sinton: Where to eat from the experts

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Sinton 3ADL'ers, can you please tell us where to eat prior to the game in your fine community?

1.) Mexican food

2.) Great steak

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing many of you if a M&G is set up for halftime. Maybe have dinner with some?

pirate4state
11-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately the places that are open on the weekend are limited.

Butter Churn is open on Saturday's, but IMO their buffet style eating is over priced and not all that!!!

La Tapatita doesn't look like much, but their food is pretty good. Some Vallarata type restuarant is buffet style too (I think) I've been there once and never went back. LOL There is another mexican place, but I've never been to that one.

Flores Grocery & Tasty Taco are only open until 2pm on Saturday's.

Everything else is fast food: Good-n-Crisp, DQ, Whataburger and Pizza Hut.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks. Was afraid I'd hear this:(

Maybe the stadium eat's is the way to go in Sinton?

pirate4state
11-20-2011, 10:47 AM
The concession stand will feature fajita and sausage wraps. I *think* the sausage is more of a jumbo weiner than actual sausage. The fajitas are pretty good, but you don't get any extras (guac, lettuce, etc...) but you get a bunch of meat! Then there is the standard nachos, frito pie, popcorn, etc...

I'm not sure which organization will run the stand this next week. These past 3 games the school board, FFA & band shared the duties.

SintonFan
11-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately the places that are open on the weekend are limited.

Butter Churn is open on Saturday's, but IMO their buffet style eating is over priced and not all that!!!

La Tapatita doesn't look like much, but their food is pretty good. Some Vallarata type restuarant is buffet style too (I think) I've been there once and never went back. LOL There is another mexican place, but I've never been to that one.

Flores Grocery & Tasty Taco are only open until 2pm on Saturday's.

Everything else is fast food: Good-n-Crisp, DQ, Whataburger and Pizza Hut.

Is Back Street closed on weekends? :(

pirate4state
11-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Is Back Street closed on weekends? :(

YES!!!! ugh...

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 11:37 AM
YES!!!! ugh...

Maybe some of these places will open on the weekend in the future as your new turf field is being used in the playoffs. Hate to see the town miss out cause no eating places. Heck, a good eating place could make a killing this time of year in the future.

pirate4state
11-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Maybe some of these places will open on the weekend in the future as your new turf field is being used in the playoffs. Hate to see the town miss out cause no eating places. Heck, a good eating place could make a killing this time of year in the future.

Back Street used to be open on Saturday. I agree. They are missing out on a lot of $$.

sinfan75
11-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Sinton on weekends-Eat early,drink late!!:)