PDA

View Full Version : How do Perryton and Sweetwater match up?

jcastor
11-19-2002, 12:57 PM
Perryton, unfortunatley has lost another starter last week to injury which makes that three for the year...But don't let that fool you...Perryton is still loaded and has plenty of depth talent...Offensively Perryton has one of the most exciting players in the area with Campbell and a very strong running game...Just wanted a few inputs on this game...

wildstangs
11-19-2002, 06:37 PM
jcastor:
Perryton, unfortunatley has lost another starter last week to injury which makes that three for the year...But don't let that fool you...Perryton is still loaded and has plenty of depth talent...Offensively Perryton has one of the most exciting players in the area with Campbell and a very strong running game...Just wanted a few inputs on this game...Sweetwater is a very run based team. Last week against Kermit we didnt complete a pass. We didnt need to though. We had somewhere around 500 yards rushing and scored 45 points. Leading rusher is QB Mychael Carrillo. Have a great fullback, Jack Squires, who is a third year starter. New to this year is our halfback named Josh Jackson, scored 3 TD's against Wylie and has been playing great ever since. Dont let that fool you though, we have a few good receivers and Mychael can hit them at anytime. I am anxious to see Campbell play. Is he the QB or what? Sorry about the loss of the starter. This is looking like a pretty good game. Good luck.

vet93
11-19-2002, 06:46 PM
I really think that this is the best matchup in Region I this week. I don't know that much about Perryton since they are somewhere up near Canada :D ,but I hear really good things about them. I do know that Sweetwater is tough this year. They have a solid defense and Carillo and co. can score at any time. I am going to have to pick the mustangs in this one by 10. This is due more to my respect for the mustangs than any disrespect to Perryton.

jcastor
11-19-2002, 08:03 PM
Turns out that he is going to go ahead and play...Perryton has a very good defense against the run...As for Campbell, he can play anywhere...He will start at QB though, but don't be surprised to see him at wide out, or tailback...The kid has talent and lots of speed...Guess that's why he's a bluechip recruit...Perryton can and will stop the run...As for their passing defense, they went up against one of the state's best 4A quaterbacks in Pampa's Braddock and won that game 9-7...Their secondary is smart and quick, their line is big, strong, and fast...Looks to be a good game, but gotta go with Perryton on this one...

Where no where near Canada... :D

Old Cardinal
11-19-2002, 09:49 PM
I will go with Perryton by 2 TD's, on the fact that they were one of the top 4 teams last year in Division I...There is a remenant of players that have good Playoff experience. Perryton had a lot of injuries toward the end of the year- last year-hope they escape that fate this year.

wildstangs
11-19-2002, 09:58 PM
I gotta go with my Stangs. Sweetwater 38 Perryton 27.

VWG
11-19-2002, 10:21 PM
Sweetwater has a good team. We all know that their offense revolves around their QB, Carillo. This kid is very elusive. Squires is a good FB, but not much on moves. I think that if Perryton can contain Carillo and stop the big play, then they move on to the next round. Having never seen Perryton play, and only going on reputation, it's hard to say that Perryton will win. They have a good team and advanced a long ways last year. Sweetwater is talented, and it should be a good game. Good luck to both teams.

jcastor
11-19-2002, 11:50 PM
Perryton by 7 or so...

Bulldog03
11-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Which perryton player got hurt....