Friday at 2pm @ Memorial Stadium in Victoria

lbjacj
11-19-2011, 09:43 PM

I hope we have a bus.

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 09:44 PM

No kidding? I might be able to make the game if it's that early!!! This is good news.

lbjacj
11-19-2011, 09:44 PM
No kidding? I might be able to make the game if it's that early!!! This is good news.

We always do well there!

44INAROW
11-19-2011, 09:45 PM

gotta check on family Thanksgiving stuff, but I sure would like to make this game. Good Luck to the Texans!

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Texans by 10, but I'm rooting for the upset!

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 10:00 PM

I predict more than 10, but will save my "final" prediction till after I learn more about Sweeny's recent production. Looking at the stats up till today, its almost a total mis-match. But then again, so was Taylor. This is why I want to hear more about their last 5 games or so...and their opponents.

Dogs_21
11-19-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm pulling for the Dogs but I think Wimberly by 14..but I don't see them winning state. Just my thoughts!

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Wimberley will be the favorite every game they play. A Wimberley Coach said if Sweeny plays the way we did tonight we could beat the Texans. I know Wimberley will not take us for granted. Sweeny wants revenge for last year. Pulling for My Dog's in an upset.

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Last 4:

Lost to Wharton by 3 or less (Wharton is still playing)
Lost to WC by about 3 tds. (WC is still playing)
Beat Sinton by about 28
Beat RH by about 35

Sweeny has athletes and size but they don't play together that well. Think their talent alone keeps this one close

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Last 4:

Beat Sinton by about 28
Beat RH by about 35

Sweeny has athletes and size but they don't play together that well. Think their talent alone keeps this one close

We had 9 starters out 7 on Defense versus Wharton

lbjacj
11-19-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm pulling for the Dogs but I think Wimberly by 14..but I don't see them winning state. Just my thoughts!

If both teams play next week like they did this week I think the Texans win a close one!

Dogs_21
11-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Well good thing we get to play the game and see! They don't have more athletes then us we just got to play as discipline as they play. No turnovers and way less penalties!

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 10:22 PM
A Wimberley Coach said if Sweeny plays the way we did tonight we could beat the Texans. .

<<<they fell for it>>>

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2011, 10:25 PM
<<<they fell for it>>>

I know Wimberley will play for the Championship this year. Ya'll didn't lose anything from last year.

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 10:30 PM
i know wimberley will play for the championship this year. Ya'll didn't lose anything from last year.

back up slowly boys....it's a trick!!!

Dogs_21
11-19-2011, 10:30 PM
All I know is El Campo Will be the Wimberly of Region 4 Next year...

Dub-C
11-19-2011, 10:32 PM
back up slowly boys....it's a trick!!!

Don't take Sweeny lightly they might just sneak up and bite ya ...

Dub-C
11-19-2011, 10:34 PM

Is La Marque not moving down?

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2011, 10:37 PM

Don't forget La Marque http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/mini-devil-28492.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/devil-0060.gif

wimbo_pro

True...they might.

Dogs_21
Is La Marque not moving down?

yea but most likely we will all go back to Region 3! And they will give that region HELL!

Manso/V8
11-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Last 4:

Beat Sinton by about 28
Beat RH by about 35

We played Sweeny week 3.....were they missing any key players that week?

I know thay had multiple players out for their surprising loss to Wharton dring week 6.
Are all those players back on the field now? Have they improved dramatically over the season?

ogg
11-19-2011, 10:40 PM

After Taylor, I don't think so

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2011, 10:43 PM

I know thay had multiple players out for their surprising loss to Wharton dring week 6.
Are all those players back on the field now? Have they improved dramatically over the season?

We are healthy again. We have improved a ton.

Ya'll just beat us that night.

pirate4state
11-19-2011, 10:48 PM

I believe all their players are back and it shows. They will have to cut down on the dumb penalties. You know that old saying..."there is holding on every play?" well it is TRUE! LOL. They definitely have the athletes to make it interesting. We shall see. I think Wimberley is the heavy favorite.

Manso/V8
11-19-2011, 10:57 PM
We are healthy again. We have improved a ton.

Ya'll just beat us that night.

I could tell that Sweeny had more potential/speed than they showed in the game against Bellville.
I am glad yall have pulled that together and got it going.....wish we were still playing!
Congrats and good luck.

Tejastrue
11-19-2011, 11:31 PM

Why....:weeping:

zebrablue2
11-20-2011, 12:15 AM
I believe all their players are back and it shows. They will have to cut down on the dumb penalties. You know that old saying..."there is holding on every play?" well it is TRUE! LOL. They definitely have the athletes to make it interesting. We shall see. I think Wimberley is the heavy favorite.

Wimberley by at least 21.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Well good thing we get to play the game and see! They don't have more athletes then us we just got to play as discipline as they play. No turnovers and way less penalties!i totally agree with this statement! I think the difference between WC and Sweeny is WC in games i've seen them the past two years don't turn the ball over.

lbjacj
11-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Wimberley by at least 21.

I hope it will be like last years game...
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1468309423/HS-Football-Texans-beat-Sweeny-Navarro-is-next

1st and goal
11-20-2011, 09:02 AM
They are predicting thunderstorms 74 high/59 low on Friday in Victoria. IDK if the field is still natural turf or not. If so, could be a sloppy game. Could it be the "equalizer"?

I might be in Hicktoria(grew up there) Friday. I would love to be able to attend.

lbjacj
11-20-2011, 09:07 AM
They are predicting thunderstorms 74 high/59 low on Friday in Victoria. IDK if the field is still natural turf or not. If so, could be a sloppy game. Could it be the "equalizer"?

I might be in Hicktoria(grew up there) Friday. I would love to be able to attend.

It has field turf.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 09:10 AM
It has field turf.

Victoria Memorial Stadium is a sweet venue (my favorite) to see a game from. Plenty of seating, and no track around the field get's the fan's a tad closer to the action. Love to see VMS add a replay video screen in the future.

If ya'll want to set up a M&G, have it at the EZ stands, opposite the scoreboard. South EZ. Perfect place.

Gone Fishing
11-20-2011, 09:37 AM

Well I'M more about this year since we are preparing to play our third playoff game, but since you are already into next year, I must say Wimberley will be Wimberley of R 4 next year.

Dogs_21
11-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Well I'M more about this year since we are preparing to play our third playoff game, but since you are already into next year, I must say Wimberley will be Wimberley of R 4 next year.

That's good to know! They keep a great team but El Campo Is Great also, but for Now "Go Dogs".

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 09:44 AM

GF, sorry I missed ya at the M&G at Canyon Stadium Friday. Good luck to your Texans bud. They looked good. Hey, how big/tall is #5? Hate to hit him 1 on 1.

SHSBulldog00
11-20-2011, 10:22 AM
There is a nice game after ours

Poth (11-0) vs. Refugio (11-0) Friday 7:30pm Memorial Stadium, Victoria

Gone Fishing
11-20-2011, 11:04 AM
GF, sorry I missed ya at the M&G at Canyon Stadium Friday. Good luck to your Texans bud. They looked good. Hey, how big/tall is #5? Hate to hit him 1 on 1.

Yeah, I just kept my rear in the stands, had alot of friends and family there. He is 6'1" and 215 and runs a legit 4.5

lbjacj
11-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Listen to Texans games here. The Taylor game is available now.

http://www.wimberleyradio.com/

wimbo_pro
11-20-2011, 11:39 AM
That's good to know! They keep a great team but El Campo Is Great also, but for Now "Go Dogs".

Would love to have another name in the mix in R4 next year...assumingwe stay in R4, you never know.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Would love to have another name in the mix in R4 next year...assumingwe stay in R4, you never know.

Yeah, another large 900+ school in R4 and very likely in our district. At 450, it's a killa I tell ya.:(

wimbo_pro
11-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah, another large 900+ school in R4 and very likely in our district. At 450, it's a killa I tell ya.:(

Yeah...we are at 680 +/-, 2nd smallest in the district.

SHSBulldog00
11-20-2011, 11:46 AM
we are 590 2nd smallest in ours.

SHSBulldog00
11-20-2011, 11:48 AM
I saw some video of the Wimberley/Gonzales game but I can't find it on Youtube.

Video Production was very good. Guessing it was something Wimberley does for every game?

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 11:50 AM
we are 590 2nd smallest in ours. 140 more than 450 is big in 3A.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah...we are at 680 +/-, 2nd smallest in the district.

Try 450 wimbo, against the likes of El Campo

wimbo_pro
11-20-2011, 11:59 AM
140 more than 450 is big in 3A.

Yeah, 450 is pretty small, but doable when the others are 600+/-. It's the 900 sized schools that bring this alignment into question.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah, 450 is pretty small, but doable when the others are 600+/-. It's the 900 sized schools that bring this alignment into question.

You'd think the UIL could find 5 or 6 schools within a region with 450-550 size enrollment to form a district. Trust me, they'd be willing to drive a way's vs. facing them 700-900+ size schools. Least make it somewhat fair.

Sportshack
11-20-2011, 12:17 PM
The Texans are pretty much he team they were last year but with a bit better defensive front. The question becomes....in fans' objective opinions...is Sweeny better, worse, or the same as last year. I saw the article on their offensive line. A good sized unit. What is the Bulldog's game? Balanced attack, power running game, spread? The Texans have had a tendency to play really big in perceived big games and a bit flat in games they feel they will win easily. They played well in Sealy...flat against Bandera...played great against Canyon Lake...flat against Fredericksburg...got bit by injury bug and came out and finished 2 final regular season games against the other district playoff contenders strong...played flat against Taylor...played like world beaters against Gonzales. Sweeny has the advantage of having faced WHS offense last year as compared to Gonzales. However, Smith did not play last year. And Whs offense seems more diverse this year scheme wise. whs has....has ....has to get fired up just like last week and take the Bulldogs very seriously. Gonzales was good but frankly they seemed a bit undersized with a couple of exceptions. Sweeny will not fit in that category. They will be big and physical and playing role of underdog to the hilt.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Come on WT. Tell me how tall/weight #5 is?

lbjacj
11-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Come on WT. Tell me how tall/weight #5 is?

6-1 215

wimbo_pro
11-20-2011, 12:30 PM
6-1 215

I think closer to 205/208, but thats just my guess.

lbjacj
11-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Stole this off Facebook.....

This is what the bulldogs will look like after we finish with them Friday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mWel5LJH8U&feature=youtu.be:ack!:

wimbo_pro
11-20-2011, 12:33 PM
I have written my prediction for this game 2 times, then deleted it. I can't find the words that will convey my opinion without it sounding like I am giving Sweeny absolutely no chance to win this game, which is not the case. So...I will keep re-writing it until it flows just right! You know me...Mr. Politically Correct. :)

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 12:51 PM
I have written my prediction for this game 2 times, then deleted it. I can't find the words that will convey my opinion without it sounding like I am giving Sweeny absolutely no chance to win this game, which is not the case. So...I will keep re-writing it until it flows just right! You know me...Mr. Politically Correct. :)

I think they will play you closer than GZ did if that helps ya wimbo. More speed and able to throw if need be. Not sure that will be enough still.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 12:53 PM
I think closer to 205/208, but thats just my guess.

Dude looks like a CB nightmare if confronted one on one. Then, there's #2 Blakemore. What a shot in the arm to be getting back in the playoffs. Awesome, speedy, great hands kid.

Sportshack
11-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Well good thing we get to play the game and see! They don't have more athletes then us we just got to play as discipline as they play. No turnovers and way less penalties!

not sure what your definition of athletes might be but WHS has some really talented players at many positions. I question whether dogs have faced as good of skills players with possible exception of WC. Sweeny will likely have to be reall proficient in passing game.

Texans are likely more battle tested at this point. Gonzales was a fight until halfway thru 4th against a very dangerous team. Is sweeny a younger team or a senior laden team?

SHSBulldog00
11-20-2011, 01:57 PM
not sure what your definition of athletes might be but WHS has some really talented players at many positions. I question whether dogs have faced as good of skills players with possible exception of WC. Sweeny will likely have to be reall proficient in passing game.

Texans are likely more battle tested at this point. Gonzales was a fight until halfway thru 4th against a very dangerous team. Is sweeny a younger team or a senior laden team?

Sweeny has senior leadership (26) but underclassmen get a lot of PT.

catfish
11-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Just so you know,every time someone from any team either brags about their team,disses the other team or makes a prediction,it goes straight to the bulletin board of the opposing team.So,the best way to give ammo to the opponent is to write one of these statements.Coaches don't care where it comes from,if has been written,they use it.Not to mention all the players that read this site.....We all love our teams,but it is not always good to write what you feel,you could be helping your enemy.

SHSBulldog00
11-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Just so you know,every time someone from any team either brags about their team,disses the other team or makes a prediction,it goes straight to the bulletin board of the opposing team.So,the best way to give ammo to the opponent is to write one of these statements.Coaches don't care where it comes from,if has been written,they use it.Not to mention all the players that read this site.....We all love our teams,but it is not always good to write what you feel,you could be helping your enemy.

:iagree: Sweeny will need a great week of practice and hope Wimberley is flat. Wimberley has deceptive athlete's; some of them don't have the look but you put them on the field and it shows.

Sportshack
11-20-2011, 02:17 PM

interesting revelation...ok...district 29 clearly has had the most success in playoffs and the likely reason is they have some of most arletic teams in Region IV!!!!! accordingly, The Texans will absolutely need to ignore records or recent history of 2 senio laden teams and focus, focus, focus as that darned pigskin bounces funny on any given game!!!!!!!

SHSBulldog00
11-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Can someone upload a video on Wimberley? Preferably the Taylor Game. Was wondering what the Texans mindset was in that one.

Manso/V8
11-20-2011, 02:26 PM

Sportshack - In addition to WC, Sweeny faced Bay City(4A), Freeport Brazosport(4A), Bellville, and Royal. Not that those teams are all barn burners, but I am assuming Bay City and Brazosport have some pretty good skill position kids, I know Bellville has some talented skill position kids and overall speed, and I know Royal has athletic skill position kids(but not the supporting cast needed to win). WHS is a talented overall team with some very good players. For sure I would say Sweeny has seen more speed and as good skill position players as WHS, but maybe not as many assembled on one team and that executes as well. Sweeny does have speed.

Sportshack
11-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Sportshack - In addition to WC, Sweeny faced Bay City(4A), Freeport Brazosport(4A), Bellville, and Royal. Not that those teams are all barn burners, but I am assuming Bay City and Brazosport have some pretty good skill position kids, I know Bellville has some talented skill position kids and overall speed, and I know Royal has athletic skill position kids(but not the supporting cast needed to win). WHS is a talented overall team with some very good players. For sure I would say Sweeny has seen more speed and as good skill position players as WHS, but maybe not as many assembled on one team and that executes as well. Sweeny does have speed.

Well that is some good information. I posted my previous comment from iPhone and did not take a look at schedules. I officially withdraw that statement. It appears that Sweeny has indeed played teams that likely have same kind of talent. Gotta hope that our kids can keep on executing. Looks like it will be a dog fight...pun intended...as I am sure will happen in all games left to be played in Region IV bracket. Could be a nightmare match up for WHS as Sweeny sounds like a big, fast team that can throw. Rut ro!!!

Sportshack
11-20-2011, 02:52 PM

Now I am at my computer....Bay City 3-7 with loss to Sweeny, Brazoport 1-9 with win over Sweeny, Brookshire Royal 2-8 with a loss to sweeny, Bellville was of course a talented team. Still 4A teams can be hard to beat despite records and Sweeny did beat Bay City. Also...of course...last two games were against playoff teams with good records so there you go. Talent could be peaking at right time. Like I said...I am not sure what the definition of "athlete" is but it all comes down to making plays anyway. Sometimes speed just allows for big plays if speed is definition of athlete.

Sportshack
11-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Can someone upload a video on Wimberley? Preferably the Taylor Game. Was wondering what the Texans mindset was in that one.

No video to upload. Mindset in early going appeared to be WTH???? These damn Ducks just punched us really hard...they were not supposed to do that!!! The mind set late in the game was how the heck did that happen....and finally...we are not I repeat not gonna lose this game and we do not care that we are down in OT with a holding penalty taking score off board and setting us back to 35 yd line!!!

Texans had issues with reserves, playing due to injuries, having difficulty with Taylors' good athletes and with adjusting to their proficiency in running the slot T in 1st half, which they were really good at executing. Sweeny appears to be in similar mold as Taylor...good athletes coming on strong in last few games!!! Texans better have their heads screwed on straight. "Remember the Taylor game" should be the Texans' battle cry this post season!!!!

Dogs_21
11-20-2011, 04:22 PM

Your exactly right! Wimberly plays as a Unit all the time. They wont have more athletes then us they never do but they play discipline ball and that's what it takes to Win deep in the playoffs. Hopefully we come fired up to play:thumbsup:

rb585
11-20-2011, 04:24 PM
I think they will play you closer than GZ did if that helps ya wimbo.

I got called a jerk for saying that Taylor was better than Gonzales, but I meant it. Taylor was much more athletic and physical than Gonzales. And now Sweeny has a similar scouting report.

I guess I'm wondering how Sweeny is different than last season. They had big guys on the lines, but they weren't very good. Their QB was their best player, but he's gone, right?

Dogs_21
11-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Bay City & Brazosport Play in 2 of the Hardest Districts in 4A with teams like #4Manvel, #6 Pearland Dawson, #10 Anglenton, Rosenberg Terry, El Campo, Power House #12 La Marque. So you can't compare a 3-7 or 2-8 4A school to teams in our 3A districts. Bay City & Brazosport would easily compete in 3A region 4. In fact that will most likely be our district next year lol!

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Bay City & Brazosport Play in 2 of the Hardest Districts in 4A with teams like #4Manvel, #6 Pearland Dawson, #10 Anglenton, Rosenberg Terry, El Campo, Power House #12 La Marque. So you can't compare a 3-7 or 2-8 4A school to teams in our 3A districts. Bay City & Brazosport would easily compete in 3A region 4. In fact that will most likely be our district next year lol! +1, just because their records in 4A suck, doesnt mean they're terrible. Theyve got some of the toughest schedules in the state. They schedule some of the nearb 3A's (Sweeny and WC) and even those are no walk in the park.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2011, 04:33 PM
There is one win in Wimberley schedule that impresses me, is the win over 4a Dripping Springs by a score of 47-26. Dripping Springs still in the playoffs as the 3rd place team from a district that includes Lake Travis and Cedar Park. Wimberley score compares to the losses Dripping Spring had against Lake Travis and Cedar Park.

It's scary to think they'll close to the level of a Lake Travis and Cedar Park team! Looking forward to this game :)

Sportshack
11-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Bay City & Brazosport Play in 2 of the Hardest Districts in 4A with teams like #4Manvel, #6 Pearland Dawson, #10 Anglenton, Rosenberg Terry, El Campo, Power House #12 La Marque. So you can't compare a 3-7 or 2-8 4A school to teams in our 3A districts. Bay City & Brazosport would easily compete in 3A region 4. In fact that will most likely be our district next year lol!

More good information and makes sense. Brazosport and Bay City did play some good teams. Brazosport got absolutely crushed by the the good teams they played, however. Bay City did a bit better. Nonethless, both lost to less talented teams as well. Still they are in a higher classification. I also note both those 4-a teams were in game against West Columbia and WC is certainly considered a very good 3A team. Therefore, if you take out results of Wharton game when Sweeny was down so many players, they could have gone 3-1 in a district with 3 teams playing very well in playoffs right now. So it appears that it was just one of those seasons in early going. In 2009. The Texans started season 1-3 after losing their starting QB. However, they regrouped for district run and had solid playoff run to make it to regional finals. Probably a comparable situation.

Also Blakemore played defense last year in Sweeny game and made some back breaking plays from his DB position as well as on offense. The game was closer than the final score for sure. Take away his spectacular Td catch and run, INT return for a TD, and his interception near Texans' goal line and it is conceivable there could have been as much as a 14 to 21 point swing in final score. Of course, no way to ever really know.

I sure hope that he is up to playing defense in this game as I am starting to get the feeling we will need him.

Sportshack
11-20-2011, 05:07 PM
There is one win in Wimberley schedule that impresses me, is the win over 4a Dripping Springs by a score of 47-26. Dripping Springs still in the playoffs as the 3rd place team from a district that includes Lake Travis and Cedar Park. Wimberley score compares to the losses Dripping Spring had against Lake Travis and Cedar Park.

It's scary to think they'll close to the level of a Lake Travis and Cedar Park team! Looking forward to this game :)

Dripping Springs was actually a 49-26 score. They did get whipped soundly by both Lake Travis and Cedar Park but those were their only other losses on the season. They can be explosive with the passing game. Pretty sophisticated system. Interestingly, the defeated Alamo Heights 10-3 in overtime to advance this week. Go figure.

2-ONES
11-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Anybody seen my dog?

Sportshack
11-20-2011, 05:30 PM
I saw some video of the Wimberley/Gonzales game but I can't find it on Youtube.

Video Production was very good. Guessing it was something Wimberley does for every game?

The only video I saw was linked on wimberley v gonzlaes thread. It was news coverage footage but it showed some of the exciting plays for both teams. I would like to see what you saw if different.

Sportshack
11-20-2011, 05:36 PM

To be fair....Dripping seemed like kind of a soft team. However, they have a very sophisticated and dangerous passing attack. They can outscore teams. They were handled easily by the "Big Boys" in their district. Of course, Lake Travis and Cedar park have easily handled a lot of teams this season. They are gooooooood. I would be hesitant to put Wimberley in the category of those teams with the exception of having developed a good football program in their classification.

wimbo_pro
11-20-2011, 06:53 PM

To Sweeny:

You guys rock. We have no chance. Thank you.

Signed,
Ridiculous Premise.

wimbo_pro
11-20-2011, 06:57 PM
As I await the proper wording for my prediction, here is food for thought:

Any team can beat any other team at any time, at any location. Hell, even the the Wimberley Texans could beat the Chicago Bears on any given day, at any given location. It's possible, ya know.

zebrablue2
11-20-2011, 07:10 PM
As I await the proper wording for my prediction, here is food for thought:

Any team can beat any other team at any time, at any location. Hell, even the the Wimberley Texans could beat the Chicago Bears on any given day, at any given location. It's possible, ya know.

:vrycnfsd::crazy1:

wimbo_pro
11-20-2011, 07:27 PM
:vrycnfsd::crazy1:

Are you saying its not possible???LOLOL

rb585
11-20-2011, 07:39 PM

Lol wut?

I saw that game. I thought Dripping was a really bad 4A team. Their defense was a sieve. They must have improved dramatically, because I can't believe they're still playing.

rb585
11-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Are you saying its not possible???LOLOL

It's not. If Kordell Stewart was still their QB, then maybe, but he's not.

wimbo_pro
11-20-2011, 07:42 PM
It's not. If Kordell Stewart was still their QB, then maybe, but he's not.

LOL....good point.

wimbo_pro
11-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Lol wut?

I saw that game. I thought Dripping was a really bad 4A team. Their defense was a sieve. They must have improved dramatically, because I can't believe they're still playing.

Yeah...I wasn't very impressed with Dripping.

Gone Fishing
11-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Lol wut?

Me too on Dripping, can't believe their still playing, But I REALLY can't believe LV is still playing. I have read where they have turned it around and younger players have gotten better and all that stuff, but they were horrible when they played Wimberley. If they win another game it will have to go down as one of the best coaching jobs or player turn a round's that I have ever seen.

ogg
11-20-2011, 09:05 PM
I got called a jerk for saying that Taylor was better than Gonzales, but I meant it. Taylor was much more athletic and physical than Gonzales. And now Sweeny has a similar scouting report.

I guess I'm wondering how Sweeny is different than last season. They had big guys on the lines, but they weren't very good. Their QB was their best player, but he's gone, right?

You may be a jerk but a correct jerk. Taylor's the best team Wimberley play all year.

wimbo_pro
11-20-2011, 09:11 PM
You may be a jerk but a correct jerk. Taylor's the best team Wimberley play all year.

Absolutely no disagreement here. We played well...and they kept smashing us in the mouth. I was genuinely afraid as to the outcome.

ogg
11-20-2011, 09:28 PM

DS has a impressive playoff run, right? Probably lose to Calallen this weekend. They might have played Wimberley closer if their passing game was a shade better.

rb585
11-20-2011, 09:31 PM
DS has a impressive playoff run, right? Probably lose to Calallen this weekend. They might have played Wimberley closer if their passing game was a shade better.

Their passing game was good. Their defense was horrid.

No idea how Alamo Heights only scored 3 in an OT game.

SHSBulldog00
11-20-2011, 11:16 PM
To Sweeny:

You guys rock. We have no chance. Thank you.

Signed,
Ridiculous Premise.

Reverse psychology huh? HAHAHA

HSFB
11-20-2011, 11:46 PM
some thoughts from this thread...

I am so tired of the statement that Wimberley does not have the athletes that some of the teams that they play do. I call complete and total BS on that. In fact, I’ll say that our overall athleticism along with coaching/preparation allows us to make more plays than the other team’s athletes and point to the undefeated record to back that up.

So what makes other teams have “athletes” and not Wimberley? Seriously, why is Sweeney considered a more athletic team than Wimberley? Someone want to take a stab at that? I’m all ears for a compelling argument on this one so fire away.

Drip is a good team and they were physical on the lines. It was not an easy win regardless of the score. Just go ask many of our players and especially our two way players if that was an easy win. Due to being 4A, they did not have to commit players to both sides of the ball%

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2011, 11:51 PM

I am so tired of the statement that Wimberley does not have the athletes that some of the teams that they play do. I call complete and total BS on that. In fact, I’ll say that our overall athleticism along with coaching/preparation allows us to make more plays than the other team’s athletes and point to the undefeated record to back that up.

So what makes other teams have “athletes” and not Wimberley? Seriously, why is Sweeney considered a more athletic team than Wimberley? Someone want to take a stab at that? I’m all ears for a compelling argument on this one so fire away.

Drip is a good team and they were physical on the lines. It was not an easy win regardless of the score. Just go ask many of our players and especially our two way players if that was an easy win. Due to being 4A, they did not have to commit players to both sides of the ball and that makes a big difference. That was a very good 4A team that we beat and they were just as good then as they are now. Seems to be a bunch of effort on this board to discredit wins based on the competition.

Sweeny is faster, all around = more athletic

Sweeny however doesnt play as well as a unit, they dont execute as well as Wimberley and they shoot themselves in the foot more than the Texans. But hardly anyone executes better than the Texans, so that would indicate the undefeated record. Wimberley has athletes no doubt, I just think Sweeny has more of them. Wont translate to a win for the bulldogs though. Texans are too polished.

rb585
11-20-2011, 11:52 PM

You know damn well why, but I'm not going to tell you because someone will respond to my reply with:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif

HSFB
11-20-2011, 11:58 PM

Sweeny however doesnt play as well as a unit, they dont execute as well as Wimberley and they shoot themselves in the foot more than the Texans. But hardly anyone executes better than the Texans, so that would indicate the undefeated record. Wimberley has athletes no doubt, I just think Sweeny has more of them. Wont translate to a win for the bulldogs though. Texans are too polished.

How do you know Sweeny is faster? Overall, Wimberley has been faster than every team on their schedule to date. Sure some of the other teams may have had those one or two guys but overall Wimberley has had better team speed than every team that they have played this year.

Manso/V8
11-21-2011, 12:18 AM
game film

HSFB
11-21-2011, 12:23 AM
game film

well I have game film as well and I do not see it. Comparable maybe but not better and certainly not noticable to call it out as an advantae.

Saggy Aggie
11-21-2011, 12:47 AM
How do you know Sweeny is faster? Overall, Wimberley has been faster than every team on their schedule to date. Sure some of the other teams may have had those one or two guys but overall Wimberley has had better team speed than every team that they have played this year. Because I've seen Wimberley play several times over the last 4-5 years and Sweeny is in my team's district? Sweeny has the most team speed in reg 4 probably, and more than most schools in 3A, but sure... Wimberley is faster. Whatever dude. If you think you have burners, then great. Doesnt matter. I already said its my opinion that sween has more team speed but it wont make a difference.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 12:54 AM
All I want is a great afternoon of High School Football between two well respected programs.

And it doesn't matter whose faster....all that matters is that you have at least one more point than your opponent when the game ends.

Manso/V8
11-21-2011, 01:02 AM
well I have game film as well and I do not see it. Comparable maybe but not better and certainly not noticable to call it out as an advantae.
I just said game film as a possibility. The reason folks are talking about Sweeny speed is that WHS posters kind of beg or ache for info on their opponents. I have no problem with that, it's interesting to cuss and discuss. So, in order to keep the conversation going, people familiar with Sweeny are making comments on their impressions. Here is the my straight forward opinion. We played Sweeny in week 3. They definately had some speed at some of the skill positions, and one of their backs was really quick........he made a fool of our secondary on their one TD (39 yd run). He may have been the fastest player on both teams, I wasn't surprised when he busted that run and had been/was expecting others. Other than that one play, Bellville was able to stop Sweeny at the line, with the linebackers, or in the secondary. They had 217 total yds, 178 on the ground, and 39 passing. Bellville had 438 total yds, 402 on the ground, and 36 passing. We have some pretty quick backs, but Sweeny was able to track them down pretty well and prevented any long TD runs. So yeah, Sweeny has some speed......their speed is no where close to what we saw from Coldspring last Friday night. We hung with Coldspring from their mistakes and our good execution and good speed......our backs that normally can break long runs were tracked down by several defenders. You probably have a pretty good idea of what Coldspring is like from playing them last year.

I don't want to offend the Sweeny folks, but unless they have improved dramatically since we played them, I don't think they can keep pace with the Texans. From what I have read, their line play has improved and so has their passing game. If Bellville played them this week, I am sure it would be a closer game than in week 3, but I still think we would beat them(moot point). You handled Sealy......and I am guessing Sealy had the fastest players that night, but maybe Sealy wasn't as fast as Wimberley across the board. I think this will be the case in this game as well. Sweeny probably has a couple of players faster than any of your players, but they maybe aren't as fast across the board......though some of your OL seems pretty slow. I would be surprised if the Texans did not win this game.

Sorry Sweeny folks, just my opinion. Yall have a great program and tradition, a really good team, and I am enjoying your playoff run.
Best of luck to both teams........wish we were still playing, and here's to an injury free contest!

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 01:09 AM
I will be honest; at the beginning of the year I didn't think we would make the playoffs let alone get back to the third round. Yes we have improved but my overall evaluation of Region IV this year is that the majority of the teams are weak or maybe it's just the style of play. I don't know, I'm just glad we are still playing.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Interesting

http://youtu.be/qHyBQFoXZWA

Tejastrue
11-21-2011, 01:31 AM
Why....

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 01:36 AM
Why....

Looks like the Apache band wasn't ready for ya'll to be moving

Tejastrue
11-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Looks like the Apache band wasn't ready for ya'll to be moving

Yeah, that was the funny thing about it. Some of those Texan band members are a little crazy also and it looks like the Gonzales band was caught a little off guard. Wouldn't try to read too much into it. They had fun.

ogg
11-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Their passing game was good. Their defense was horrid.

No idea how Alamo Heights only scored 3 in an OT game.

passing 50%, and 4 int., in the Wimberley game.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I remember when I was in high school we never heard of Wimberley until we played in Brenham. Ya'll had a RB I believe his last name was Whalen? We knew if we held him in check we were going to win. Our defense held him to 80 yards and we won 10-0. After that game Sweeny and I myself had a new found respect for the Texans. Great Memories!!!

When did the High School open?

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Man, where's wimbo thoughts on this game? Love reading his insight's and predictions. He tell's it like it is, good or bad I have found ready his breakdowns.

This game is very interesting to me. I say Sweeny has a real chance in this game. But, WT looked damn good against GZ Friday and having Blakemore sure gave them a serious weapon to use.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 10:54 AM
I remember when I was in high school we never heard of Wimberley until we played in Brenham. Ya'll had a RB I believe his last name was Whalen? We knew if we held him in check we were going to win. Our defense held him to 80 yards and we won 10-0. After that game Sweeny and I myself had a new found respect for the Texans. Great Memories!!!

When did the High School open?

I think its been 21 years, or close to it. Whalen still holds the all time record for yards and TD's, we were a running team back then. Those records will never be broken if we continue to run the spread.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 10:56 AM
I think its been 21 years, or close to it. Whalen still holds the all time record for yards and TD's, we were a running team back then. Those records will never be broken if we continue to run the spread.

It was late 90's 98-99

pirate4state
11-21-2011, 12:34 PM
lol this thread is funny.

Good luck, 'Dogs!

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 12:40 PM

Fair assessment. We have played quite a few teams that have "more athletes" ...as you measure athletes...bigger, faster, stronger....but we beat em anyways. Thats where coaching comes in. I find no insult in admitting it, if I see it. No idea if its true about Sweeny though. It wasnt true about Gonzales, might of been true about Taylor though.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 12:41 PM
lol this thread is funny.

Good luck, 'Dogs!

Oh hush...you just root for any team OTHER THAN Wimberley!! :)

Sportshack
11-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Because I've seen Wimberley play several times over the last 4-5 years and Sweeny is in my team's district? Sweeny has the most team speed in reg 4 probably, and more than most schools in 3A, but sure... Wimberley is faster. Whatever dude. If you think you have burners, then great. Doesnt matter. I already said its my opinion that sween has more team speed but it wont make a difference.

I think that HSFB is referring to the speed of defensive front and some of LB's for Wimberley as well as RB's, 2 Wr's and QB to an extent. Now the guys on the defensive front and some of the LB's are not going to necessarily blow anyone away in a 40 but they are very quick and rally to the ball very well which makes it difficult on O-linemen and QB's and RB's.

I accept that Sweeny has some really fast skills players. However, an athlete uses what he has to MAKE PLAYS. If they are also playmakers then so be it. I am prepared to believe they will be the fastest bunch we have faced. Perhaps the best playmakers we have faced as well.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 12:49 PM
I am prepared to believe they will be the fastest bunch we have faced. Perhaps the best playmakers we have faced as well.

I am too...but I doubt it will change the outcome. The Texans are WAY too much for Sweeny, in totality.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 12:53 PM
I am too...but I doubt it will change the outcome. The Texans are WAY too much for Sweeny, in totality.is that your final write up prediction :)

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 12:56 PM
is that your final write up prediction :)

Wow, he went all out this time if it is.:(

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 12:56 PM
is that your final write up prediction :)

Oh no...i will give my breakdown in a day or two, from the stats. I am still waiting to hear reasons why the stats wont be indicative of the outcome, like they were not in the Taylor game. We played well in that game...they just played LIGHTS OUT. Come to find out, once more info came to light, there were good reasons for their 3-7 record and their poor stats showing.

Sportshack
11-21-2011, 12:58 PM
I am too...but I doubt it will change the outcome. The Texans are WAY too much for Sweeny, in totality.

Well...the Texans look better on paper. I suspect it will be about the big plays that get made. Like I said absent a few big plays, the game between Sweeny and WHS could have been much closer last year. Of course that could have been true in Texans only loss if they had kept Gilbert from getting those 2 really long runs for TD's. The Texans offense has a way of generating those plays. Texans will have Smith in line up this go round...he also poses the potential for big plays.

To me...if the Texans come out flat they could get surprised. The kids were anything but flat against Gonzales but that likley had much to do with all the doubters that surfaced on these boards and the Gonzales posters confidence along with realization that they almost let their season slip away. They really have to keep the intensity at a fever pitch for his game as well as Sweeny has whooped the snot out of last 2 oponents. Now we know one of them was not good but heck the other was 9-1 and the other was in 2nd round of play offs.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh no...i will give my breakdown in a day or two, from the stats. I am still waiting to hear reasons why the stats wont be indicative of the outcome, like they were not in the Taylor game. We played well in that game...they just played LIGHTS OUT. Come to find out, once more info came to light, there were good reasons for their 3-7 record and their poor stats showing.I did see Sweeny last year against Ingleside and Robstown and this year now twice also. They were more of a qb running and passing team last year and defensively good at times in the Ingleside game. They didn't appear that fast last season.

This year in the two games i've seen they run the ball more with different backs and each is fast, shifty and can power run with that big offensive line. They still can pass some but not deep like last year in playoffs. This year defensively they have a very good defensive line and plenty of speed in secondary. They are faster this season than last season imo.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 01:11 PM
I did see Sweeny last year against Ingleside and Robstown and this year now twice also. They were more of a qb running and passing team last year and defensively good at times in the Ingleside game. They didn't appear that fast last season.

This year in the two games i've seen they run the ball more with different backs and each is fast, shifty and can power run with that big offensive line. They still can pass some but not deep like last year in playoffs. This year defensively they have a very good defensive line and plenty of speed in secondary. They are faster this season than last season imo.

When did you see them, early or late in the season? Injuries?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 01:11 PM
When did you see them, early or late in the season? Injuries?playoffs last year and this year, round 1 and 2

Sportshack
11-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Oh no...i will give my breakdown in a day or two, from the stats. I am still waiting to hear reasons why the stats wont be indicative of the outcome, like they were not in the Taylor game. We played well in that game...they just played LIGHTS OUT. Come to find out, once more info came to light, there were good reasons for their 3-7 record and their poor stats showing.

WHS gave up some critical plays in defense in passing game and were stymied too many times on offense. I am not ready to say team played well but I agree Taylor had some talent and a goooood offensive scheme that was being executed well. And....WHS did make some great offensive plays when game was on the line and shut down run game of Taylor late which is often the opposite of what happens when facing the Slot T

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 01:24 PM
WHS gave up some critical plays in defense in passing game and were stymied too many times on offense. I am not ready to say team played well but I agree Taylor had some talent and a goooood offensive scheme that was being executed well.

I think we did play well...not great, but well...

Sportshack
11-21-2011, 01:32 PM
I think we did play well...not great, but well...

Some great plays on offense to be sure. OK...well enough to win and hopefully learn a BIG lesson!!!! I submit that team needs to play with even more intensity this Friday!!!

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Some great plays on offense to be sure. OK...well enough to win and hopefully learn a BIG lesson!!!! I submit that team needs to play with even more intensity this Friday!!!

Thats the key...each week, more intense, more focused, more execution. Thats the only way to the Big Show.

pirate4state
11-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Oh hush...you just root for any team OTHER THAN Wimberley!! :) Not true. I rooted for yall in '05 and hey, yall won state! haha. I rooted for yall against Cuero in the Alamdome. I did not root for yall when you played against Liberty Hill and/or Sealy. Besides, WCM coaches for Wimberley and he is a great guy and from Sinton! :)

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Not true. I rooted for yall in '05 and hey, yall won state! haha. I rooted for yall against Cuero in the Alamdome. I did not root for yall when you played against Liberty Hill and/or Sealy. Besides, WCM coaches for Wimberley and he is a great guy and from Sinton! :)

You know Willie?? LOL...yeah, he is somethnig else, and he sings very well too!!

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Wimberley's QB will be the difference. He is a stud!!!!!

ogg
11-21-2011, 03:37 PM

I agree, Brady's a duel threat.

Gone Fishing
11-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Thats the key...each week, more intense, more focused, more execution. Thats the only way to the Big Show.

Thats so true Wimbo, you have said it all along that we weren't there yet, but the thing was to improve every week. ( I had to stand corrected on my code something def comments before Taylor) but all eleven and subs ins did much better and improved against Gz for sure. We must do that same improvement this week too, I believe Sweeny is probably better than Taylor and have the same mind set of "nothing to loose, balls to the walls" PLUS unlike Taylor they have a revenge from last year factor as well. So we need to improve and play x % better this week than last week. And also, my opinion is the offense needs to never let the foot off the accelerator. I liked scoring the late two TD's and by no means was it in your face, it was just finishing the game strong and confident.

pirate4state
11-21-2011, 04:07 PM
You know Willie?? LOL...yeah, he is somethnig else, and he sings very well too!!

Sure do.

Sportshack
11-21-2011, 05:16 PM

watch it boys...he is laying behind the log waiting to take a big ol' BITE!!! REMEMBER THE DUCKS!!!! :eek:

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 05:18 PM
watch it boys...he is laying behind the log waiting to take a big ol' BITE!!! REMEMBER THE DUCKS!!!! :eek:

Yeah, No I am serious. We couldn't get it done last year, but we have another crack. Experience in key positions is vital at this point in the playoffs.

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm going with Blakemore as the difference maker. Man, he impressed the heck out of me the other night. Awesome special teamer too.

Didn't ya'll say he can play some solid "D" too. Don't recall him playing any against GZ. Might have, and I just overlooked it.

Give me a handful of Blakemores any year.

Sportshack
11-21-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm going with Blakemore as the difference maker. Man, he impressed the heck out of me the other night. Awesome special teamer too.

Didn't ya'll say he can play some solid "D" too. Don't recall him playing any against GZ. Might have, and I just overlooked it.

Give me a handful of Blakemores any year.

He did not play defense. first game back after 3 1/2 game lay off due to injury. He missed pass on 1st offensive play...I guess he was rusty...LOL! He had INT return for TD and INT of pass in red zone last year in Sweeny game. Great anticipation. Just feels the game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Last year Sweeny vs Wimbelry was a cold day?

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Last year Sweeny vs Wimbelry was a cold day?

Yeah it was cold in Brenham. What's it gonna be in Victoria Friday afternoon?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Yeah it was cold in Brenham. What's it gonna be in Victoria Friday afternoon?70's but i'll double check

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Temps will be in 70's, chance of light rain, overcast I hear. Way our luck has been in the rain dept though, it will be perfect playing weather for ya'll.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Temps will be in 70's, chance of light rain, overcast I hear. Way our luck has been in the rain dept though, it will be perfect playing weather for ya'll.

Sounds good was wanting to know if I should pack my cold gear or not.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 05:54 PM
looks like the Refugio vs Post game will be in the 50's and rain and windy!

Sweeny/Wimberley game in the 76-78 and overcast with winds gusting to 28 mph from accuweather.com

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Sounds good was wanting to know if I should pack my cold gear or not.

No cold gear needed SHS. Enjoy my friend and good luck. Wish I could make it.:( Late game will be sweet too. I'm taking Poth to upset the "Mouth's of the South" Refugio in that one.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 05:59 PM
looks like the Refugio vs Post game will be in the 50's and rain and windy!

Sweeny/Wimberley game in the 76-78 and overcast with winds gusting to 28 mph from accuweather.com

Strong winds like Friday in Sinton

2-ONES
11-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Strong winds like Friday in Sinton

Most of that wind was coming off of our running backs.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 06:06 PM

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-017.GIF

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Strong winds like Friday in Sintonno wonder Sweeny look faster that night :)

That is common down here, especially during baseball with the wind blowing in, not many balls have a chance to leave the ballpark.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 06:25 PM

no wonder Sweeny look faster that night :)

That is common down here, especially during baseball with the wind blowing in, not many balls have a chance to leave the ballpark.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-027.gif

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 06:27 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-027.gif

Wow, now not sure WT can stay with that speed.:)

ogg
11-21-2011, 06:28 PM

After being hit by Wimberley linebackers and then flying backwards.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 06:30 PM
If Sweeny minimizes the Texans scoring opportunities and we can force some TO's and capitalize on them it will bode well for the Dog's.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 06:32 PM
I love this match up because there is so much respect from both teams and communities. Just like when we played Sinton.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Ok, here is my take on the Sweeny - Wimberley match-up. But first, the discalimer...I'm just a blow hard fan who has the time on his hands (lately anyways, start the travelling again this Saturday!). This is all in fun, no disrespect meant, and I could be COMPLETELY wrong...but I doubt it.:) I'll give two different views on it, then wrap it up with my "homer" prediction.

On one of the other threads, "OldNavy" is talking about Massey's Rankings. Not the perfect predictor, but so far this play off season, Massey's has been some where in the 80% range when picking the winner. Thats pretty good. So what does a good look at the Massey numbers tell us about this game?
http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/txhsfbratings.php?year=2011&class=3A

On Defense, Wimberley has an overwhelmingly stronger number than Sweeny (17.74 versus 7.13)
(remember that last week Gonzales had a higher number than Wimberley at 18.57, and we tore that defense up. Also note that Wharton and Devine are even lower than Sweeny, but thats for next week's discussion) Five other teams in DII bracket are higher than Wimberely in Defense ranking, by the way.

On Offense, Wimberley is ranked far higher than Sweeny (47.08 versus 32.80)
Both Gonzales and Taylor were higher in their Offensive ranking than Sweeny going in to each game.

And these numbers have come about with Wimberley playing a far tougher schedule than Sweeny (38.55 versus 28.58)
Both Gonzales and Taylor had tougher schedules than Sweeny as well, and Taylor had a tougher schedule than Wimberley as well at 44.52, an important point

The Power Ranking also has Wimberley overwhelmingly stronger than Sweeny (64.82 versus 39.94)
In the DII bracket, the only remaining team worse than Sweeny in Power Rating is Van Alstyne. Gonzales was much closer to Wimberely but less, and Taylor was ranked lower than Sweeny

Wimberley has scored 41 ppg, while Sweeny has scored 30 ppg, and Wimberley has allowed 14.63 ppg and Sweeny has allowed 17.91 ppg.
Keep in mind the schedules played by each team, Wimberley did this with a much tougher opponent over all.

Massey ranks Wimberley as #4 in the state, and ranks Sweeny as #59. Massey's "predictor" gives Wimberley the win with a 91.2% probability, final score 40 - 15 Wimberley.

So, if I didn't know anything about this game, this region, or even this state's football teams, and I had only these stats to go by, I would have to say it is going to be a lopsided event, with subs coming in in the mid-4th quarter. Not even close.

But here's the deal...Taylor was predicted at an even WORSE percent (I think it was a 97% win chance for Wimberley to win). So what happened? There were extenuating circumstances in Taylors case...injuries, new system, new coach, etc. which had them lose their first 5. Then, their schedule was TOUGH. They caught fire their last 3 games. So...is there anything like this to hang a hat on regarding Sweeny?? I don't think there is....not to the extent of Taylor's situation.

So, taking the stats and my homerism...mix it all together, I say Wimberley will dominate Sweeny from start to finish. Sweeny has never seen an offense that has the power and the flexibility that Wimberley has. Our defense will bend, but will adjust to smother their running game. They will have to go to the air, which will lead to turn overs. Our special teams will eat them up.

Final score: Wimberley 45 Sweeny 17
But hey...I could be COMPLETELY wrong....

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Great read wimbo. Dude does his homework for sure, and his new play-pretty (Massey Rankings) sure has been dead on for the most part in predicting.

One thing wimbo stated to me Friday, when I was telling him GZ still had a chance at the break.

"Wimberley will put this away in the 2nd half. Wimberley is a second half team"--wimbo

Well, he nailed that, as did the Texans. Can't argue your take on this game wimbo. But, one thing Massey can't predict, how a team will perform on a given night and the what "if's". Something tells me, this will be a close one, more like 40-28 Texans. Guess that's considered close after all the blow out predictions I have seen here.

Sweeny, beware of WT back side screens. Best set up, executed I have seen. Nasty and deflating to the opponent. Wind goes right out of the sails when it's successful.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Great read wimbo. Dude does his homework for sure, and his new play-pretty (Massey Rankings) sure has been dead on for the most part in predicting.

One thing wimbo stated to me Friday, when I was telling him GZ still had a chance at the break.

"Wimberley will put this away in the 2nd half. Wimberley is a second half team"--wimbo

Well, he nailed that, as did the Texans. Can't argue your take on this game wimbo. But, one thing Massey can't predict, how a team will perform on a given night and the what "if's". Something tells me, this will be a close one, more like 40-28 Texans.

Thats a score I could believe too, YTB. My only thought on the "40" is based on Wimberley averaging 41 against stronger defenses, and then add to it I expect the Texans to GET BETTER EVERY GAME. If we do, we will score more than our average. If we don't get better, we can still win this game...but I will be a little disappointed because what I saw last Friday Night was a team that could be the best that ever played in Wimberley, assuming they take another step up like they did from the Taylor game. We arent there yet....but closing the gap.

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Don't kick it deep either Sweeny. Dern sure not to Blakemore. Bounce, hop and skip the KO. Short high lofted angle kicks to the 35 the best option IMO.

Every time Blakemore touched it the other night, I figured it was going to the house.

lbjacj
11-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Don't kick it deep either Sweeny. Dern sure not to Blakemore. Bounce, hop and skip the KO. Short high lofted angle kicks to the 35 the best option IMO.

Every time Blakemore touched it the other night, I figured it was going to the house.

Me too! isn't he something!

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Me too! isn't he something!

Yes, an electric type player. Blakemores return is like getting a traded player from the AL to the NL at playoff time. Big boost to an already great team.

2-ONES
11-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Ok, here is my take on the Sweeny - Wimberley match-up. But first, the discalimer...I'm just a blow hard fan who has the time on his hands (lately anyways, start the travelling again this Saturday!). This is all in fun, no disrespect meant, and I could be COMPLETELY wrong...but I doubt it.:) I'll give two different views on it, then wrap it up with my "homer" prediction.

On one of the other threads, "OldNavy" is talking about Massey's Rankings. Not the perfect predictor, but so far this play off season, Massey's has been some where in the 80% range when picking the winner. Thats pretty good. So what does a good look at the Massey numbers tell us about this game?

On Defense, Wimberley has an overwhelmingly stronger number than Sweeny (17.74 versus 7.13)
(remember that last week Gonzales had a higher number than Wimberley at 18.57, and we tore that defense up. Also note that Wharton and Devine are even lower than Sweeny, but thats for next week's discussion) Five other teams in DII bracket are higher than Wimberely in Defense ranking, by the way.

Both Gonzales and Taylor were higher in their Offensive ranking than Sweeny going in to each game.

And these numbers have come about with Wimberley playing a far tougher schedule than Sweeny (38.55 versus 28.58)
Both Gonzales and Taylor had tougher schedules than Sweeny as well, and Taylor had a tougher schedule than Wimberley as well at 44.52, an important point

The Power Ranking also has Wimberley overwhelmingly stronger than Sweeny (64.82 versus 39.94)
In the DII bracket, the only remaining team worse than Sweeny in Power Rating is Van Alstyne. Gonzales was much closer to Wimberely but less, and Taylor was ranked lower than Sweeny

Wimberley has scored 41 ppg, while Sweeny has scored 30 ppg, and Wimberley has allowed 14.63 ppg and Sweeny has allowed 17.91 ppg.
Keep in mind the schedules played by each team, Wimberley did this with a much tougher opponent over all.

Massey ranks Wimberley as #4 in the state, and ranks Sweeny as #59. Massey's "predictor" gives Wimberley the win with a 91.2% probability, final score 40 - 15 Wimberley.

So, if I didn't know anything about this game, this region, or even this state's football teams, and I had only these stats to go by, I would have to say it is going to be a lopsided event, with subs coming in in the mid-4th quarter. Not even close.

But here's the deal...Taylor was predicted at an even WORSE percent (I think it was a 97% win chance for Wimberley to win). So what happened? There were extenuating circumstances in Taylors case...injuries, new system, new coach, etc. which had them lose their first 5. Then, their schedule was TOUGH. They caught fire their last 3 games. So...is there anything like this to hang a hat on regarding Sweeny?? I don't think there is....not to the extent of Taylor's situation.

So, taking the stats and my homerism...mix it all together, I say Wimberley will dominate Sweeny from start to finish. Sweeny has never seen an offense that has the power and the flexibility that Wimberley has. Our defense will bend, but will adjust to smother their running game. They will have to go to the air, which will lead to turn overs. Our special teams will eat them up.

I bet you were in the band, but hey I could be completely wrong.

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 08:17 PM

ROTFL.:stirpot:

Wimbo was all-state tuba

rb585
11-21-2011, 08:17 PM

You are scaring me. It is a trap!

rb585
11-21-2011, 08:23 PM
"Wimberley is a second half team"--wimbo

Say what? I think we've had one game all season (Bandera) where we had a bigger margin in the 2nd half than in the 1st.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 08:29 PM

LOLOL...well, I'm IN a band now, have been for years...but thats just a weekend warrior hobby.

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Say what? I think we've had one game all season (Bandera) where we had a bigger margin in the 2nd half than in the 1st.

Guess wimbo gave me some bad info then.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 08:31 PM

Yeah, but thats when we let up, put in subs, etc. I am talking about our ability to adjust and shut down the opponent (Coach Smith) and re-align our offensive scheme to take advantage of what we have seen thusfar. Wimberley (Nelms) has a long history of making the proper adjustments in the 2nd half, in games that were close. I think its been shown over the years that when its a tough, close game...Wimberley is more deadly in the 2nd half than the 1st (remember Coldspring didnt score in the 2nd half..unfortunately, we didnt either due to their athleticism).

Also note that Taylor was wearing down the 2nd half, and Gonzales was definitely worn down come the 4th quarter. I say we are also conditioned better.

ogg
11-21-2011, 09:10 PM

Thanks Wimbo, well done.

Is Victoria the furtherest south Wimberley's played?

Sportshack
11-21-2011, 09:10 PM
REMEMBER THE DUCKS boys...REMEMBER THE DUCKS!!!!! Texans facing a BIGGGGG O-Line but most not massive which might mean they can move...one massive guy....fassssst RB's and defense per Manso...and they donkey stomped 1st two playoff opponents. Can Texans stay up after emotional win...I have seen posters familiar with Gonzales and Sweeny contend that Sweeny is the bigger more athletic team...RED ALERT...RED ALERT!!! And finally...no smack talk to fuel fires!!! Beware the TRAP!!!!! :ack!:

Necks 1981
11-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Is this the same Massey Rankings that had Sinton dominating Sweeny??? :stirpot: Sorry couldn't help myself.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 09:20 PM
REMEMBER THE DUCKS boys...REMEMBER THE DUCKS!!!!! Texans facing a BIGGGGG O-Line but most not massive which might mean they can move...one massive guy....fassssst RB's and defense per Manso...and they donkey stomped 1st two playoff opponents. Can Texans stay up after emotional win...I have seen posters familiar with Gonzales and Sweeny contend that Sweeny is the bigger more athletic team...RED ALERT...RED ALERT!!! And finally...no smack talk to fuel fires!!! Beware the TRAP!!!!! :ack!:

Your trying so hard to keep your players from over-looking Sweeny, I commend you for that. But Wimberley is a 30 point favorite. They are all back from last year and they have a chip on their shoulder from not beating Coldspring last year. Roughly a 100 more students in the school and Sweeny's number's are down as far as players in the program. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-023.GIF

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 09:25 PM

Good advice...I have no doubt thats exactly what the coaches are telling the players. Of course, any team...on any given night...can beat any other team. That goes without saying. We MUST improve this Friday.

By the way, and for what its worth, Massey's says Gonzales would have beaten Sweeny by more than 2 touchdowns.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Is this the same Massey Rankings that had Sinton dominating Sweeny??? :stirpot: Sorry couldn't help myself.

Yes it is...like I said, 80% accuracy. This accuracy will drop as we get deeper into the play offs and as the teams become closer in talent, the outcomes of the games are affected more by intangibles and a few critical plays.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Hi Coach Nelms:wave:

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 09:33 PM
I saw where Wimberley HS opened in 1997. So where did the kids in Wimberley go to high school before then?

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 09:35 PM
I saw where Wimberley HS opened in 1997. So where did the kids in Wimberley go to high school before then?

Hays Consolidated High School

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Your trying so hard to keep your players from over-looking Sweeny, I commend you for that. But Wimberley is a 30 point favorite. They are all back from last year and they have a chip on their shoulder from not beating Coldspring last year. Roughly a 100 more students in the school and Sweeny's number's are down as far as players in the program. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-023.GIF

I feel sure the coaches will keep them focused.

rb585
11-21-2011, 09:38 PM

Trap!!!!

Sportshack
11-21-2011, 09:39 PM

I am the worrier of the bunch...someone would have to convince me that Sinton and Rio Hondo were just not that good of teams despite their good seasons to keep me from worrying. One of Rio Hondo's losses came at the hand of Sinton in a hotly contested affair. Sweeny dominated both teams!!!!! If WHS is clicking then a team has to be really, really special on defense to hold them down like Coldspring was last year. But I have seen them come out flat this year after big games and week before perceived big games....just saying. It is always about match ups at the right time of year. If they are not flat...I like Texans' chances....REMEMBER THE DUCKS and boys do not listen to SHSBULLDOG00's propaganda LOL:wave::)!!!!

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 09:42 PM
If WT wins it all this year, ya'll should pitch in and get Nelms a new hip. Poor guy, hurts me just watching him walk.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 09:50 PM
I hope everyone that reads this understands this is all for fun. We are not trying to hurt anyone's feeling's. We are Texas High School Football Fanatics. Take out the atic and you get Fans. This is a great way to vent and express ourselves as long as we keep it clean and not make derogatory comments about school officials, coaches, players, communities and the fans.

The coaches and their players spend more time together than with their families. As a former player I looked to my Coaches as Father Figure's and my Teammates as Brothers. We are a Family; When we step on the field you are my enemy but because we have sacrificed so much no matter where we attend school, when the game is over we are a Brotherhood, of Coaches, Current Players and Former Players. Texas High School Football: THE BEST FRATERNITY IN THE WORLD. Good Luck to everyone involved and GOD BLESS!!!!!

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 09:54 PM
I hope everyone that reads this understands this is all for fun. We are not trying to hurt anyone's feeling's. We are Texas High School Football Fanatics. Take out the atic and you get Fans. This is a great way to vent and express ourselves as long as we keep it clean and not make derogatory comments about school officials, coaches, players, communities and the fans.

The coaches and their players spend more time together than with their families. As a former player I looked to my Coaches as Father Figure's and my Teammates as Brothers. We are a Family; When we step on the field you are my enemy but because we have sacrificed so much no matter where we attend school, when the game is over we are a Brotherhood, of Coaches, Current Players and Former Players. Texas High School Football: THE BEST FRATERNITY IN THE WORLD. Good Luck to everyone involved and GOD BLESS!!!!!

Well said, SHSB. No disrespect intended in any way. And if Sweeny beats us, I will be the first to give kudo's and salute the winner...and eat crow too. It's how it goes!

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 09:54 PM
I am the worrier of the bunch...someone would have to convince me that Sinton and Rio Hondo were just not that good of teams despite their good seasons to keep me from worrying. One of Rio Hondo's losses came at the hand of Sinton in a hotly contested affair. Sweeny dominated both teams!!!!! If WHS is clicking then a team has to be really, really special on defense to hold them down like Coldspring was last year. But I have seen them come out flat this year after big games and week before perceived big games....just saying. It is always about match ups at the right time of year. If they are not flat...I like Texans' chances....REMEMBER THE DUCKS and boys do not listen to SHSBULLDOG00's propaganda LOL:wave::)!!!!

OH, so you don't want them to know I think Wimberley is the better team and will win the game? I LOVE my Bulldog's but I just don't think we have enough. But I will gladly be wrong!!!!!!!

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 09:57 PM
If WHS is clicking then a team has to be really, really special on defense to hold them down like Coldspring was last year.

We were NOT clicking on offense last year. That was the difference in the game. Our defense learned how to stop them in the 2nd half, but we never "clicked" on offense. In other words, we did not get better in that game.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 10:00 PM
I really enjoy getting to talk football will all of you Wimberley posters. Tell Josh Demarco I said Hi:wave:

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 10:00 PM
OH, so you don't want them to know I think Wimberley is the better team and will win the game? I LOVE my Bulldog's but I just don't think we have enough. But I will gladly be wrong!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with acknowledging a team in front of you as being a tough road to hoe. I see some people here actually predict their teams loss without quailifying it, like:

"Wow, those guys are gonna be tough, and I know what the stats say and what others say...but if we play our best game, and get a little lucky here and there...we could sling a perfectly aimed stone and steal this game from Goliath. I believe we can do it!!"

Better than saying "we're toast.", in my view.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 10:04 PM
I will be cheering hard in the stands for my Dog's don't get me wrong. Wimberley will be the toughest opponent we will have faced all year.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 10:09 PM
I will be cheering hard in the stands for my Dog's don't get me wrong. Wimberley will be the toughest opponent we will have faced all year.

Totally understood...wasnt refering to you or any other Sweeny poster with that comment.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Totally understood...wasnt refering to you or any other Sweeny poster with that comment.

None taken. Our coaches haven't been on here yet. They may be on later in the week or maybe not. They haven't said much on the board since the playoffs started. But I am sure they are sneaking a look at the post as they prepare for Friday. I think our coach likes to play on Saturday's but Look's like you won that toss.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 10:32 PM
I love playing this late in the season, been a while since we were 4 rounds deep. We really thought we were going deeper last year but the way the brackets are drawn up we had, and again have to play the best team in the Region a week early.

Too bad Wimberley and Columbia couldn't play I would LOVE to see that one.

Hey Wimbo maybe you could call coach Surovik at WC and set one up next year at a neutral site for non district?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2011, 10:32 PM
I am the worrier of the bunch...someone would have to convince me that Sinton and Rio Hondo were just not that good of teams despite their good seasons to keep me from worrying. One of Rio Hondo's losses came at the hand of Sinton in a hotly contested affair. Sweeny dominated both teams!!!!! If WHS is clicking then a team has to be really, really special on defense to hold them down like Coldspring was last year. But I have seen them come out flat this year after big games and week before perceived big games....just saying. It is always about match ups at the right time of year. If they are not flat...I like Texans' chances....REMEMBER THE DUCKS and boys do not listen to SHSBULLDOG00's propaganda LOL:wave::)!!!!Sinton came into that game playing well defensively and allowing the most yards to Orange Grove, 395 total yards. Only 1 rb had rush for over 100 yds all season against Sinton going into the playoffs.

Stats from Sweeny game
First downs
Sweeny 15 Sinton 15
Total yards
Sweeny 311 Sinton 226
Rushing
Sweeny 279 Sinton 146
Passing
Sweeny 32 Sinton 80
Punts
Sweeny 3 Sinton 2
rushers
Sweeny Craig Bell 123 yds, Dontae Lemons 108 yds, Sinton Keith Garcia 54 yds Tyler Handson 42

Two forced turnovers that led to touchdowns were back breakers for Sinton and not converting on the last play before the half. Sweeny pretty much did the same thing to Rio Hondo right off the bat with forcing a fumble in the end zone and recovering it for the td.

Sweeny defense keeps producing like they have in the first half they have a good chance of causing havoc later in the game.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Sinton came into that game playing well defensively and allowing the most yards to Orange Grove, 395 total yards. Only 1 rb had rush for over 100 yds all season against Sinton going into the playoffs.

Stats from Sweeny game
First downs
Sweeny 15 Sinton 15
Total yards
Sweeny 311 Sinton 226
Rushing
Sweeny 279 Sinton 146
Passing
Sweeny 32 Sinton 80
Punts
Sweeny 3 Sinton 2
rushers
Sweeny Craig Bell 123 yds, Dontae Lemons 108 yds, Sinton Keith Garcia 54 yds Tyler Handson 42

Two forced turnovers that led to touchdowns were back breakers for Sinton and not converting on the last play before the half. Sweeny pretty much did the same thing to Rio Hondo right off the bat with forcing a fumble in the end zone and recovering it for the td.

Sweeny defense keeps producing like they have in the first half they have a good chance of causing havoc later in the game.

:iagree:

wimbo_pro
11-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Good info Sinton. Do you have a breakdown of points scored, points allowed in the last 5 or 8 games?

ogg
11-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Good info Sinton. Do you have a breakdown of points scored, points allowed in the last 5 or 8 games?
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?mkt=houston&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=177&SchoolID=&Season=2011&DistrictID=&SearchDate=11%2F21%2F11&SearchDateEnd=11%2F21%2F11&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=9&SearchType=Teams

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2011, 11:06 PM
My 3A Downlow Pick'em Bracket for Wimberley

vs. Taylor W
vs. Gonzales W
vs. Sinton W
vs. Liberty Hill W
vs. Coldspring W
Championship
vs. Carthage W

Manso/V8
11-21-2011, 11:45 PM
The Wimberley posters are so worried about this game I feel like I am reading comments from a bunch of worried women.
You have a good team. You can beat Sweeny if you play well.
Grow some stones!

Tejastrue
11-22-2011, 12:18 AM
The Wimberley posters are so worried about this game I feel like I am reading comments from a bunch of worried women.
Grow some stones!

Got plenty..I tell you what..how about you take some.. :wave:

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1294843126206&id=8b9b1ea87b0b5eb91fa9a27dccaf4947

Sportshack
11-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Grow some stones!

What can I say...I am in touch with my mature, feminine side!!!!! Plus...Sweeny not talking smack like other fan bases and hangers on so it is hard to get toooo agressive on here. If Wimberley plays well they should win unless Sweeny is just hitting their stride and comes out of left field.

WHS was 7-3 going into playoffs in 04. Got on a roll late and barely lost to Cureo in 2nd round. Next year 15-0 SC's. Mostly for players benefits. If they play like they did last week...gonna be tough on Sweeny. Although differnt type match up this week. WHS pretty good at defending run so we will see.

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Ticket Info FYI

No Presale Tickets

All Tickets $7 at the Gate

Wimberley will be the Home Team.

Gone Fishing
11-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Ticket Info FYI

No Presale Tickets

All Tickets $7 at the Gate

Wimberley will be the Home Team.

Do you happen to know what time they will start selling and letting fans in ? So many times people are there and gates closed.

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Do you happen to know what time they will start selling and letting fans in ? So many times people are there and gates closed.

Against Sinton they opened 45 min. before kickoff. Sooooooo around 1:15pm?

pirate4state
11-22-2011, 12:21 PM
LOLOL...well, I'm IN a band now, have been for years...but thats just a weekend warrior hobby. So is this how you know WCM? :D I haven't heard him sing, but that family is so talented it wouldn't surprise me!!!

wimbo_pro
11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
So is this how you know WCM? :D I haven't heard him sing, but that family is so talented it wouldn't surprise me!!!

Yes, through other channels as well. We dont see much of him during football season and baseball season, but when he is around, he is a hoot! He has a deep, country voice, very rich and smooth. We play classic rock and roll (mostly 70's with a little 60's and a little 80's) and he joins us once in a while for a song or two.

Dogs_21
11-22-2011, 12:52 PM
I love playing this late in the season, been a while since we were 4 rounds deep. We really thought we were going deeper last year but the way the brackets are drawn up we had, and again have to play the best team in the Region a week early.

Too bad Wimberley and Columbia couldn't play I would LOVE to see that one.

Hey Wimbo maybe you could call coach Surovik at WC and set one up next year at a neutral site for non district?

This would have been a good one!

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I see a lot of Wimberley's key players are Seniors, what do the underclassmen look like for the future? I'm sure they will be solid contributors.

Do you have another player transferring in from another school like Lambert did last year from Aledo?

wimbo_pro
11-22-2011, 01:08 PM
I see a lot of Wimberley's key players are Seniors, what do the underclassmen look like for the future? I'm sure they will be solid contributors.

Do you have another player transferring in from another school like Lambert did last year from Aledo?

Not that we know of regarding transfers, SHSB. We didnt know about Lambert till the summer, as far as I know. I sure hope so though!
We have some quality underclassmen coming up, we will be a good team. However, we are starting a BUNCH of seniors this year. I would bet we will return maybe 5-8 starters...thats a big drop from this year (didnt we return 15 starters or somethnig like that?). Returning starters is usually (not always though) an indication of the depth and quality of the upcoming season.

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Not that we know of regarding transfers, SHSB. We didnt know about Lambert till the summer, as far as I know. I sure hope so though!
We have some quality underclassmen coming up, we will be a good team. However, we are starting a BUNCH of seniors this year. I would bet we will return maybe 5-8 starters...thats a big drop from this year (didnt we return 15 starters or somethnig like that?). Returning starters is usually (not always though) an indication of the depth and quality of the upcoming season.

True We have 26 Seniors many of which were on JV last year. But we are young on offense.

Manso/V8
11-22-2011, 02:41 PM

That was an impressive recruiting job.

Gone Fishing
11-22-2011, 03:12 PM

Thats funny.

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 03:13 PM

Brady Lambert was a LB at Aledo as a Soph and wanted to play QB. So the story goes his family or grandparents moved to Wimberley or something and he was the QB last year and this year for the Texans. He is a great asset and any team would be lucky to get a move-in like him.

wimbo_pro
11-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Brady Lambert was a LB at Aledo as a Soph and wanted to play QB. So the story goes his family or grandparents moved to Wimberley or something and he was the QB last year and this year for the Texans. He is a great asset and any team would be lucky to get a move-in like him.

His entire family uprooted, sold their businesses (4 restaurants) and moved to Wimberley. Father has opened another restaurant in this area. They have 2 other kids younger than the QB. They are great people, glad to have them in the community. Hope we get more families willing to do the same...dont care if you call it recruiting or not. To move to a school district in DFW is recruiting. To move to the Hill Country (and Wimberley in particular) is God's way of saying "bless you my son". LOL

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 03:33 PM
His entire family uprooted, sold their businesses (4 restaurants) and moved to Wimberley. Father has opened another restaurant in this area. They have 2 other kids younger than the QB. They are great people, glad to have them in the community. Hope we get more families willing to do the same...dont care if you call it recruiting or not. To move to a school district in DFW is recruiting. To move to the Hill Country (and Wimberley in particular) is God's way of saying "bless you my son". LOL

Why we're at it, Sweeny is a nice quiet town where those in the BIG cities can move. We are an hour south of Houston and only 30 minute's from the beach.lol

wimbo_pro
11-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Why we're at it, Sweeny is a nice quiet town where those in the BIG cities can move. We are an hour south of Houston and only 30 minute's from the beach.lol

As the old song goes..."...too close to New Orleans". LOL

jp744
11-22-2011, 03:48 PM
No contest here this game will be over early. Wimberly dominates by as much as they want. Rest the starters at half and get ready to play the Sadler Express Toooot Tooooot! Chuga Chuga Chuga!

Tejastrue
11-22-2011, 04:26 PM
No contest here this game will be over early. Wimberly dominates by as much as they want. Rest the starters at half and get ready to play the Sadler Express Toooot Tooooot! Chuga Chuga Chuga!

I have to say I don't agree with you jp. Wish it were that easy... however, and this of course is JMO but... I sincerely believe there is no stopping us now from playing for the SC. We respect Sweeny and what they bring so they will have our full attention. In other words we are not concerned with Devine or Wharton, at least for this week. Best of luck against Wharton.

Gone Fishing
11-22-2011, 04:55 PM
I have to say I don't agree with you jp. Wish it were that easy... however, and this of course is JMO but... I sincerely believe there is no stopping us now from playing for the SC. We respect Sweeny and what they bring so they will have our full attention. In other words we are not concerned with Devine or Wharton, at least for this week. Best of luck against Wharton.

Yup, Every week will be a battle to get prepared for. I believe this team and group of coaches will do that without a doubt. (be prepared) I'll have to steal one from Ben Hogan, " no matter what happens, Good or Bad, the only thing that matters is the next shot".

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 05:04 PM
IMO The most hated team in Region IV for the last few years is Wimberley. Everyone usually is pulling for their opponent to knock them off every week. However this week it is not the case.

Cuero used to be the team everyone loved to hate.

When I say hate you can say respected or feared but people are tired of all their success. But in order to BE the Best, You have to Beat the Best.

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Even though I know how this poll will end up I decided I would add one.

wimbo_pro
11-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Yup, Every week will be a battle to get prepared for. I believe this team and group of coaches will do that without a doubt. (be prepared) I'll have to steal one from Ben Hogan, " no matter what happens, Good or Bad, the only thing that matters is the next shot".

Yep...gotta go with the coaching experience on this one. The talent is there for Wimberley to dominate, its up to the coaching staff to bring it to the surface for this game. I beleive they will.

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Yep...gotta go with the coaching experience on this one. The talent is there for Wimberley to dominate, its up to the coaching staff to bring it to the surface for this game. I beleive they will.

Will some of your coaching staff spend the night in Victoria after the game so they can see Sadler on Saturday in Sinton?lol

wimbo_pro
11-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Since its an early game for us on Friday, I bet they go home then return for the game on Saturday. Assuming we win Friday, its a big deal for them to be able to see the competition for the upcoming game! If we don't win Friday...highly doubt they'll go to Sinton!! LOL

Manso/V8
11-22-2011, 07:46 PM

Don't forget to mention the MISQUITOS and oppressive humidity!

Manso/V8
11-22-2011, 07:51 PM

Spontaneous harp music filled the air as I read your post!

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Don't forget to mention the MISQUITOS and oppressive humidity!

That's only 10 month's out of the year http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-080.gif

bulldog82
11-22-2011, 08:49 PM
My dads friend ,who is a coach at Sweeny, was home for an early thanksgiving. Was saying SHS doesn't stand much of a chance vs WHS, that they've just been lucky thus far and haven't faced any real competition throughout season.

2-ONES
11-22-2011, 09:33 PM
My dads friend ,who is a coach at Sweeny, was home for an early thanksgiving. Was saying SHS doesn't stand much of a chance vs WHS, that they've just been lucky thus far and haven't faced any real competition throughout season.

And yet another member of the high school band.

ogg
11-22-2011, 09:34 PM

Hope he's not telling his team that.

wimbo_pro
11-22-2011, 09:51 PM
And yet another member of the high school band.

LOL...I gotta go with you on this one, 2-Ones. That sounds a little ridiculous to me. But as far as MY prediction and post laying out my thoughts on the game...we'll see what you say Friday Night. Gotta feeling it'll be YOU who will be whistlin' Dixie...in the band!!!

rb585
11-22-2011, 10:23 PM

My great-aunt, who is a football coach at Wimberley, told my daughter that Wimberley has been lucky to win all their games because of their lack of athletes and is gonna get destroyed Friday.

Sportshack
11-22-2011, 10:36 PM
My great-aunt, who is a football coach at Wimberley, told my daughter that Wimberley has been lucky to win all their games because of their lack of athletes and is gonna get destroyed Friday.

Darn that beeeeatchhhhh!

Tejastrue
11-22-2011, 10:59 PM

Darn that beeeeatchhhhh!

Give her a break..we are winning... and she's pretty tough too.. one request...think maybe you could at least get her to lose the mustache and shave the armpits/legs. I'm not sayin nuthin....

garciap77
11-22-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm going with the http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/wimberley300x125_914688g.jpg!

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2011, 12:09 AM
My sister's, husbands, mother's, brothers, cousin's, half sister's, uncle's, best friends, aunts, bosses, attorney said I can claim insanity if I want but I told my sister's, husbands, mother's, brothers, cousin's, half sister's, best friends, aunts, bosses, attorney that I was found mentally competent by my bosses, aunts, best friends, uncle's, half sister's, cousin's, brothers, mother's, husbands, sister's, brother. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-111.GIF

YTBulldogs
11-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Never really know what teenage kid's will or can do. I'll give Sweeny a chance in this one.

wimbo_pro
11-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Never really know what teenage kid's will or can do. I'll give Sweeny a chance in this one.

You should ALWAYS give HS football opponents a chance...regardless of the lopsidedness in the stats. Thats a "given" in my book. There is always a "Rudy" story out there waiting to be told.

garciap77
11-23-2011, 09:05 AM
My sister's, husbands, mother's, brothers, cousin's, half sister's, uncle's, best friends, aunts, bosses, attorney said I can claim insanity if I want but I told my sister's, husbands, mother's, brothers, cousin's, half sister's, best friends, aunts, bosses, attorney that I was found mentally competent by my bosses, aunts, best friends, uncle's, half sister's, cousin's, brothers, mother's, husbands, sister's, brother. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-111.GIF

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/music-113.gif

Apache91
11-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Manso- it is kind of like one of there tackles been home schooled till the year. He is only 6 some and 300 lbs. Did he walk up to the school barefoot saying I wana play foosball. They do have a very good team. I just don't think Sweeny can keep up with them.

wimbo_pro
11-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Manso- it is kind of like one of there tackles been home schooled till the year. He is only 6 some and 300 lbs. Did he walk up to the school barefoot saying I wana play foosball. They do have a very good team. I just don't think Sweeny can keep up with them.

You referring to one of our tackles? If so, havent heard this one.

Apache91
11-23-2011, 10:57 AM
It doesn't matter. Ya'll have a very good team. Should have a very long playoff run.

pirate4state
11-23-2011, 12:13 PM
My dads friend ,who is a coach at Sweeny, was home for an early thanksgiving. Was saying SHS doesn't stand much of a chance vs WHS, that they've just been lucky thus far and haven't faced any real competition throughout season. LOL is he a middle school coach?

LionFan72
11-23-2011, 12:15 PM
I think it will be a good game for the first half, and the Texans kick it in gear for a pull away win. Wimberly 21+.

Sportshack
11-23-2011, 02:06 PM
You referring to one of our tackles? If so, havent heard this one.

It is true....RT was a home school kid until late last year. He had played some 6-man home school ball...I think. He is about 6'6" and 290. He will play basketball as well.

Sportshack
11-23-2011, 02:07 PM
REMEMBER THE DUCKS!!!!! :cheerl:

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2011, 02:13 PM
It is true....RT was a home school kid until late last year. He had played some 6-man home school ball...I think. He is about 6'6" and 290. He will play basketball as well.

WOW our home school kids are no where near that big

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7392/111anw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/111anw.jpg/)

Sportshack
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM
WOW our home school kids are no where near that big

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7392/111anw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/111anw.jpg/)

Funny....but you got a lineman that is even bigger...home schooled or not....egads!!!!!

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah #70 is a VERY BIG JR http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-127.gif

pirate4state
11-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Yall don't forget your $2 for parking and/or anything else in the car or they will make you pay to get back in. I love the facilities for watching football, but I hate all their stupid rules. At least you can meet at the endzone and have a M&G. :thumbsup:

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2011, 02:30 PM
yall don't forget your $2 for parking and/or anything else in the car or they will make you pay to get back in. I love the facilities for watching football, but i hate all their stupid rules. At least you can meet at the endzone and have a m&g. :thumbsup:

i'm all in!!!!!

YTBulldogs
11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Yall don't forget your $2 for parking and/or anything else in the car or they will make you pay to get back in. I love the facilities for watching football, but I hate all their stupid rules. At least you can meet at the endzone and have a M&G. :thumbsup:

EZ opposite the scoreboard.

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Which EZ P4S, in relation to scoreboard?

opposite scoreboard

pirate4state
11-23-2011, 02:36 PM
EZ opposite the scoreboard. exactly. where the bleachers are set up! if something comes up and I can't make it I'll text SB00

2-ONES
11-23-2011, 06:21 PM
REMEMBER THE DUCKS!!!!! :cheerl:

And they will remember the Bulldogs!!! ( One Very Dangerous Football Team )