PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans vs. Sweeny Bulldogs

Pages : 1 [2]

Sportshack
11-23-2011, 06:50 PM
And they will remember the Bulldogs!!! ( One Very Dangerous Football Team )

I will respond with a quote from one of my favorite movies..."Outlaw Josey Wales"...where old Granny says to Captain Redlegs..."SPIT...you know what I says...all that big talk don't mean DOODILY SQUAT...hey...hey":stirpot:

Tejastrue
11-23-2011, 07:01 PM
I will respond with a quote from one of my favorite movies..."Outlaw Josey Wales"...where old Granny says to Captain Redlegs..."SPIT...you know what I says...all that big talk don't mean DOODILY SQUAT...hey...hey":stirpot:

:thumbsup:

Sportshack
11-23-2011, 07:07 PM

Oh and to be fair...the Texans do remember the Bulldogs quite well from about this time last year (that memory is what I am encouraging the players to guard against)...two dangerous teams to be sure...Texans are basically a similar team with a better defensive front this year...and a really dynamic RB/LB available that was out last year....oops 2 really dynamic LB'ers that were out injured last year that are now available...sorry Niko...oh yeah and a defensive end that was out...oh well like I said a better defensive front. Sounds like the Dogs are better as well...for now Texans just REMEMBER THE DUCKS!! However, I could live with next week's battle cry being REMEMBER the Ducks and DAWGS!!!! LOL!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2011, 08:39 PM
could be two top rank teams going down this friday in Victoria........

odds are they both win but still a possiblity.

wimbo_pro
11-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Ummmm.....no.

zebrablue2
11-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Harris poll has the Texans by 21...

wimbo_pro
11-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Harris poll has the Texans by 21...

And they are being kind....

2-ONES
11-24-2011, 07:46 AM
And they are being kind....

You have to be kind when you were in the band....

necks88
11-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Go Dogs, play bulldog football and bring home a D29 win!!!!!

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 09:30 AM
This is how you beat Sweeny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_1nO0Y3ydM

with an athletic QB who can take off on any play. Not saying Lambert is as fast as Wharton's QB but we may see him run more than usual if the passing game is not going well.

P.S.-The video is out of focus but watchable.

wimbo_pro
11-24-2011, 10:01 AM
You have to be kind when you were in the band....

I got the feeling you don't think much of kids in the band...just a hunch.

Dub-C
11-24-2011, 10:07 AM

with an athletic QB who can take off on any play. Not saying Lambert is as fast as Wharton's QB but we may see him run more than usual if the passing game is not going well.

BTW, I think Sweeny had at least 7 starting linemen out with injuries, so I won't say that would be a good assessment to judge them by. Just Saying.

wimbo_pro
11-24-2011, 10:10 AM

I see why Sweeny's defense is so poorly rated. We will have far too many weapons for them to contain. I predict a long day for their defense (or lack of same).

wimbo_pro
11-24-2011, 10:12 AM
lbjacj, what is the internet radio station that broadcasts the Texans? I think I saw you post it earlier.

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 10:26 AM
lbjacj, what is the internet radio station that broadcasts the Texans? I think I saw you post it earlier.
wimberleyradio.com

Are you gonna make the game?

wimbo_pro
11-24-2011, 10:33 AM
wimberleyradio.com

Are you gonna make the game?

Not sure. I have to leave very early Saturday for a weeks trip to Chicago, and I have tons of stuff to do in preperation. Don't have the time today, so might have to stay home, unfortunately. Work calls!

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Not sure. I have to leave very early Saturday for a weeks trip to Chicago, and I have tons of stuff to do in preperation. Don't have the time today, so might have to stay home, unfortunately. Work calls!

Understandable. I'll yell extra loud to make up for you! If we get by Sweeny and Devine beats Wharton the next weeks matchup will be one you can't miss!

wimbo_pro
11-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Understandable. I'll yell extra loud to make up for you! If we get by Sweeny and Devine beats Wharton the next weeks matchup will be one you can't miss!

No doubt...I return next Friday at 2pm or so, I can make it. And if we lose to Sweeny (yes, its possible), I probably didnt want to see it anyways! LOL

GTVSportschick
11-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Sweeny folks and others interested can listen on Happy Radio 92.5 FM out of Bay City, www.kkhafm.com, and on mobile devices (search "kkha" in the app/android market).

Manso/V8
11-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Don't want to sound like you manager or something, but maybe if you had spent less time on the 3adownlow this week you coulda got prepared for for Chicago and gone to the game with no worries. Go to the game, pull an all-nighter and sleep on plane!

wimbo_pro
11-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Don't want to sound like you manager or something, but maybe if you had spent less time on the 3adownlow this week you coulda got prepared for for Chicago and gone to the game with no worries. Go to the game, pull an all-nighter and sleep on plane!

LOLOL...you DO sound like him! Actually, I have to do this every year. It's a conference/trade show that takes place every year at the same time in Chicago, starting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and going for 6 days. For YEARS I've had to do this, kinda ruins the holiday. This is why I've been home for the last 3 weeks or so...knowing I was going to be going for this meeting, I took the time off in advance! Got a very busy Decmber and New Year coming, so I take it when I can get it!

Oh...forgot to mention that I also have a gig tomorrow night, 9pm -midnight. So, I get in bed at 1am, then I gotta get up at 4:30am to make 7am flight (I live an hour from the airport). The "sleeping on the plane" was already scheduled!

Sportshack
11-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Think...DECEMBER FOOTBALL....Texans!!!!!!!! Ahem....again!!!! :cheerl:

Tejastrue
11-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to the Sweeny folk. Don't eat too much....:D

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1361993934279&id=494c99381b8e6c34d003b8f5292be143

Dogs_21
11-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Will this game be broadcasted?

lbjacj
11-24-2011, 08:36 PM
:wave:

wimberleyradio.com:wave:

29-3aFAN
11-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Who's home team?

Tejastrue
11-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Who's home team?

Wimberley

Sportshack
11-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Who's home team?

The Texans....hey...they are undefeated this year as home team...I'm just saying!

Manso/V8
11-25-2011, 12:56 AM
The Texans....hey...they are undefeated this year as home team...I'm just saying!

What about last year?

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 08:44 AM
What about last year?

Uh....er...I have no clear recollection of that situation!! :ack!:

Gone Fishing
11-25-2011, 09:47 AM
His entire family uprooted, sold their businesses (4 restaurants) and moved to Wimberley. Father has opened another restaurant in this area. They have 2 other kids younger than the QB. They are great people, glad to have them in the community. Hope we get more families willing to do the same...dont care if you call it recruiting or not. To move to a school district in DFW is recruiting. To move to the Hill Country (and Wimberley in particular) is God's way of saying "bless you my son". LOL

Spontaneous harp music filled the air as I read your post!

Yup, and this keep it that way!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2011, 09:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4iY9U1k8JQ&feature=related

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Game day and finalizing my picks! Sweeny 37 Wimberley 28

SHSBulldog00
11-25-2011, 10:23 AM

Sweeny's Broadcast
92.5 FM
http://kkhafm.com

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Yup, and this keep it that way!!

If you mean that Brady Lambert is a great player that is true. He has been instrumental in all of the victories but especially in the 2 close games that the Texans played this year.

SHSBulldog00
11-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Leaving so see all of you there:wave:

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 10:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4iY9U1k8JQ&feature=related

How come those South Texas teams don't like to tackle? Kind of hurts one's chances in playoffs.

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 10:31 AM

Anyone can win....but I dare say that the Texans defense is much better than either Sinton or Rio Hondo's defenses...so 37 seems like a huuuuuuuugeeeee stretch. However, I will tip my hat to them if they do it and to District 29 for producing such a solid 3rd place finisher. Now Sweeny holding Texans to 28 seems reasonable. Gotta get ready to roll!!

THINK DECEMBER FOOTBALL TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!! :cheerl:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Anyone can win....but I dare say that the Texans defense is much better than either Sinton or Rio Hondo's defenses...so 37 seems like a huuuuuuuugeeeee stretch. However, I will tip my hat to them if they do it and to District 29 for producing such a solid 3rd place finisher. Now Sweeny holding Texans to 28 seems reasonable. Gotta get ready to roll!!

THINK DECEMBER FOOTBALL TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!! :cheerl:Sweeny scores not only from thier offense but by defense and special teams. They scored twice due to defense against Sinton and twice against Rio Hondo on defensive td and punt block for a td.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2011, 10:38 AM
How come those South Texas teams don't like to tackle? Kind of hurts one's chances in playoffs.Sinton and Rio Hondo had been playing great against the run. I see those miss tackles as two things, lineman getting beat at the line of scrimmage and the linebackers couldn't get a clear shot at the ball carrier and were not in good position to make the tackle so alot of arm tackling.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Well, as usual, no one is frightened by such videos, but I must say...it struck me as a bit weak on Defense there. But Sweeny has quite the stud running back...impressive. I feel confident we will find a way to stop him...bend, but not break. Sweeny WILL score, but not often. Our biggest defensive weapon will be our offense. I feel we can keep long drives alive and pick them apart. Sweeny is in for a long day, I predict.

Either way it turns out, best of luck to Sweeny (good folks), and here's hope for a clean, honorable game with no injuries!

Dub-C
11-25-2011, 12:17 PM
gata dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roughneck93
11-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Go get 'em Dawgs! Good luck!

SintonPirateFan
11-25-2011, 01:28 PM
get 'em Sweeny!

3&2count
11-25-2011, 02:00 PM
I am sure this was answered somewhere, but is this game being broadcast over the internet?

I don't see it on Legacy Sports.

lbjacj
11-25-2011, 02:17 PM
I am sure this was answered somewhere, but is this game being broadcast over the internet?

I don't see it on Legacy Sports.

Wimberleyradio.com

lbjacj
11-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Texans have more fans here

3&2count
11-25-2011, 02:32 PM
The listen live button on that station is playing music not the game.

3&2count
11-25-2011, 02:37 PM
92.5 fm out of Bay City..... Found it

wimbo_pro
11-25-2011, 02:38 PM
The listen live button on that station is playing music not the game.

It's on the internet now.

shamu85
11-25-2011, 02:54 PM
The online broadcast for the Bay City station is about 3 minutes behind the Wimberley radio link.

3&2count
11-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Wimberley is winning 7 to 0 at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Wimberley just drove the field and made it 14 to 0 on their first drive of the 2nd quarter

3&2count
11-25-2011, 04:23 PM
21 to 0 Wimberley

YTBulldogs
11-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Congrats WT. Nice win. Good season Sweeny.

3&2count
11-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Wimberley added a TD at the end to finish the game out.

Tejastrue
11-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Post game coverage...

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x229378756/HS-Football-Texans-shut-down-Sweeny

Roughneck93
11-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Congrats Wimberley!

Great season Sweeny!

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Congrats Wimberley!

Great season Sweeny!

And to West Columbia. Almost to the big show.

Sportshack
11-25-2011, 11:21 PM

I told you the 28 for Wimberley was reasonable. :2thumbsup :taunt:

rb585
11-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Any of you guys have updates on potential sites for next round?

I assume Wimberley-Devine would be somewhere in SA. And I would guess that Weldon would be fine going back to Victoria if it's Wharton...

Edit: Whoops, I just saw the SMDR tweet that Wimberley-Wharton would be at A&M Consol.

Manso/V8
11-26-2011, 12:38 AM
Nice cake walk through the region for WT!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2011, 12:41 AM
I told you the 28 for Wimberley was reasonable. :2thumbsup :taunt:AFter a couple of series i knew Sweeny wasn't getting anywhere close to my prediction of 37 points. Sweeny line couldn't open any running lanes for the rbs. Sweeny had played tough defensively when the opponent was in scoring position in the playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Nice cake walk through the region for WT!it almost ended before it got started :thinking:

wimbo_pro
11-26-2011, 06:55 AM
Hey 2ones.....how was the band?

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Any of you guys have updates on potential sites for next round?

I assume Wimberley-Devine would be somewhere in SA. And I would guess that Weldon would be fine going back to Victoria if it's Wharton...

Edit: Whoops, I just saw the SMDR tweet that Wimberley-Wharton would be at A&M Consol. Sweet. It'd be awesome if that was on a saturday. A&M consol hs is about 3 miles from my apartment LOL but ill be watching WC/Chill on friday night in nacogdoches

YTBulldogs
11-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Sweet. It'd be awesome if that was on a saturday. A&M consol hs is about 3 miles from my apartment LOL but ill be watching WC/Chill on friday night in nacogdoches

If it's at A&M SA, heard that would be against Wharton and played on Fri, not Sat though.

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2011, 11:39 AM
If it's at A&M SA, heard that would be against Wharton and played on Fri, not Sat though. Well, Wharton would have to win tonight first.

I wish it'd be on saturday but i cant always get what I want.

lbjacj
11-26-2011, 11:58 AM

Well you got the Texans score right.Just don't see how anyone who knows footbal could think the Texans would allow 37 points?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Well you got the Texans score right.Just don't see how anyone who knows footbal could think the Texans would allow 37 points?

AFter a couple of series i knew Sweeny wasn't getting anywhere close to my prediction of 37 points. Sweeny line couldn't open any running lanes for the rbs. Sweeny had played tough defensively when the opponent was in scoring position in the playoffs.

Didn't think a team could dominate Sweeny offensive line like they did and a bit suprise on the size on defense of Wimberley, slim and trim and quick!

Taylor had good success running it on them and Sweeny look like that type of offense.

HSFB
11-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Game thoughts:

Awsome game by the Wimberley Code Red defense. Great scheme by the D coaching staff and outstanding execution by the players.

The offense looked out of sync. I saw some things that should not be happening this deep in the season. The effort was certainly there as the players played hard but there appeared to be a lack of of overall choesiveness.......kind of a helter skelter look to it. However, we seem to be able to be able to pull the 3rd/4th n long rabbits out of our hats but I would suspect that to get harder and harder to do.

That being said, the RB's caught the ball well.

Blakemore drew constant double teams and still produced.

RB's ran hard & the north south run plays appeared to be consistenty good.

Smith looked outstanding in his very limited touches. Those back to back run plays where Smith gutted the middle of their D were very effective and physically impressive so I'm sure that we will start seeing more and more and of that.

As usual, the screen was executed beatifully and I'm pretty sure they had to know it was coming so even more impressive.

So point is that there were some bright spots but setting things up with positive 1st and 2nd downs is something that I'm sure will be worked on this week.

oh, and did I mention the Code Red D?.....WOW!!

YTBulldogs
11-26-2011, 12:38 PM
That being said, the RB's caught the ball well. Blakemore drew constant double teams and still produced.
As usual, the screen was executed beautifully and I'm pretty sure they had to know it was coming so even more impressive.

Blakemore is something else. Love watching him play. And, not sure any team in the state runs screen passes better than the Texans.

HSFB
11-26-2011, 12:49 PM
oh, and tough effort by Lambert as he got knocked around quite a bit.

lbjacj
11-26-2011, 12:58 PM
However, we seem to be able to be able to pull the 3rd/4th n long rabbits out of our hats

I bet Wimberley has more fourth down TD's than any team in the state! It's amazing how they do it week after week! Does anyone know how many we have?

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Game thoughts:

Awsome game by the Wimberley Code Red defense. Great scheme by the D coaching staff and outstanding execution by the players.

The offense looked out of sync. I saw some things that should not be happening this deep in the season. The effort was certainly there as the players played hard but there appeared to be a lack of of overall choesiveness.......kind of a helter skelter look to it. However, we seem to be able to be able to pull the 3rd/4th n long rabbits out of our hats but I would suspect that to get harder and harder to do.

Smith looked outstanding in his very limited touches. Those back to back run plays where Smith gutted the middle of their D were very effective and physically impressive so I'm sure that we will start seeing more and more and of that.

As usual, the screen was executed beatifully and I'm pretty sure they had to know it was coming so even more impressive.

So point is that there were some bright spots but setting things up with positive 1st and 2nd downs is something that I'm sure will be worked on this week.

Offense did indeed look out of sync. Could have easily put up another 2-3 scores though. Our QB and center struggled a good part of the game with just the exchange not to mention all the bad snaps. Was it our normal guy at center? I don't think I've heard Coach Nelms yell at the players, that loud, in quite some time. Not sure why Smith is still limited. He did make the most of it and his power running was deflating to their defense. Not for me to question...I will say that after seeing our defense and how they were handling Sweeny, you just had the feeling that the 7 points would have been enough.

Sportshack
11-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Offense did indeed look out of sync. Could have easily put up another 2-3 scores though. Our QB and center struggled a good part of the game with just the exchange not to mention all the bad snaps. Was it our normal guy at center? I don't think I've heard Coach Nelms yell at the players, that loud, in quite some time. Not sure why Smith is still limited. He did make the most of it and his power running was deflating to their defense. Not for me to question...I will say that after seeing our defense and how they were handling Sweeny, you just had the feeling that the 7 points would have been enough.

Too me the good news is that historically this season when the Texans have played sloppy or flat that they come out the next game and play like their hair is on fire and really execute well. Weird game as their execution of basics is usually very good. It was the normal kid at center on the first errant snap. He has not had one of those all year. Not sure about the late one when freshmen skills players were in game. Just one of those bad bio-rhythm days most likely. It happens sometimes and can derail a season.

Gone Fishing
11-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Too me the good news is that historically this season when the Texans have played sloppy or flat that they come out the next game and play like their hair is on fire and really execute well. Weird game as their execution of basics is usually very good. It was the normal kid at center on the first errant snap. He has not had one of those all year. Not sure about the late one when freshmen skills players were in game. Just one of those bad bio-rhythm days most likely. It happens sometimes and can derail a season.

It was the normal center, but your right he has not had many if any over the head shotgun snaps this year. He also had/has a bad ankle or foot and sucked it up to even play. I thought some of the under center bobbles were more the QB, but who knows. I watched some film of game and the other snap at the end with freshmen guy should have been caught , it was eye high and not bad. Dear in head lights might have been the problem there. LOL.

All and all the O line and some receivers had a bad game, and we should have never looked that sloppy on simple stuff. But they get the job done in the second half, but ugly, and they did score your 28. LOL

Last but not least, the entire D played great. Period. After the Duck game, I had to eat alittle crow on the code stuff, but Gz game got alot better and this game was what I believed this D can do, "make another teams O look not very good". It won't be that easy going forward, but sure nice to see code "something" going on!!!!

HSFB
11-26-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't think I've heard Coach Nelms yell at the players, that loud, in quite some time..

yep, I have always been amazaed how he can wear dat azz out for a good period between plays, re-focus on down and distance, select a play, sub in the right players, get the play off and maintain the flow of the O play calls by maybe setting up the next play all within the 25 second play clock.

Manso/V8
11-26-2011, 06:48 PM
yep, I have always been amazaed how he can wear dat azz out for a good period between plays, re-focus on down and distance, select a play, sub in the right players, get the play off and maintain the flow of the O play calls by maybe setting up the next play all within the 25 second play clock.

He can do all that, but can't remember to get a haircut.

ogg
11-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Game thoughts:

+1 HSFB

Wimberley can play sloppy at times and still win, been doing it all year. They have so many skilled weapons, plays, great coaches its unreal. There will be a game or games coming up where both sides, offense and defense, will be in sync and play the ENTIRE game at a high level.

Congrats to the entire Texan team and coaches, seamless defense.

ogg
11-26-2011, 07:31 PM

Manso, you must be a chick right?

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 08:05 PM

Your schtick is getting old...very old...lol...That's what she said....

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1306835682698&id=244d790e34f32c65c4a63917d8d7500f

HSFB
11-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Not sure why Smith is still limited.

That is the question that keeps going through my mind over and over again for obvious reasons. I've come to the conclusion that there has to be something there from a physical standpoint that us fans are not aware of. Maybe something is lingering from his foot injury. I saw him completely gut the Sweeny D for two plays in a row then come out. Whatever it is, I hope it heals to where he can carry a larger load as the competition will get just get harder and harder and we will need all of our guns as close to 100% as possible.

lbjacj
11-26-2011, 08:36 PM
That is the question that keeps going through my mind over and over again for obvious reasons. I've come to the conclusion that there has to be something there from a physical standpoint that us fans are not aware of. Maybe something is lingering from his foot injury. I saw him completely gut the Sweeny D for two plays in a row then come out. Whatever it is, I hope it heals to where he can carry a larger load as the competition will get just get harder and harder and we will need all of our guns as close to 100% as possible.

I asked my youngest boy about Smith's foot and he said it was ok?

Apache91
11-26-2011, 08:40 PM
I could tell you my opinion, but it doesn't matter and ya'll probably wouldn't like it.

lbjacj
11-26-2011, 08:43 PM
I could tell you my opinion, but it doesn't matter and ya'll probably wouldn't like it.

Please enlighten us?

Apache91
11-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Think it stems from what the kid did last year. He is lucky to be on the team. But that is my opinion.

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Think it stems from what the kid did last year. He is lucky to be on the team. But that is my opinion.

Yeah..you're right...about that opinion thing...

Apache91
11-26-2011, 09:02 PM
See. Told ya wouldn't like it.

lbjacj
11-26-2011, 09:03 PM

...nm

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 09:06 PM

Still having trouble with the loss A91??

Apache91
11-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Why isn't he getting more touches? Ya'lls coach has some moral's and principles.

Apache91
11-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Has nothing to do with ya'll beating us. Ya'll have a very good team. Point blank. Tejas- you don't like hearing something that might be true.

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Why isn't he getting more touches? Ya'lls coach has some moral's and principles. You have no credibility and know absolutely nothing about the facts...just take the loss with a little humility...

Gontex
11-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Why isn't he getting more touches? Ya'lls coach has some moral's and principles.

Don't know about all that, A91, but after watching him last week, I can tell you the Ags are getting one heck of a running back.

Gone Fishing
11-26-2011, 09:14 PM

I will say this, I sure like him playing full time D!!! If he was over on O getting the 15- 20 carries, he would not be getting the full time on D. On the other hand Wilson is getting the 15-20 on O and getting subed much more on D. I don't know the best answer, but I think I like Smith at D more. Thats why the coaches make the big bucks though. LOL The 5 or 6 times he does get it and the 2 or 3 pass plays he gets may be more valuable to the team. Heck I think Blakemore is getting more out of his routes and for sure way more out of his returns by going one way. So, except for Mann who could play three ways and show no difference (LOL) we have the depth on both sides of the ball to keep the "stars" very fresh. Most 3A teams will not have that and if you look at the Ducks, Gz and Sweeny, we wore them out by the end of the third quarter, no matter how good they played us the first half, Again just my opinion.

Now, to sound very wishy washy, Wonder what it would look like if he had 40 carries a game? LOL! (listening to the Devine game, what does Sadler have tonight, 45 carries?)

Apache91
11-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Someone got his panties in a wad. Has nothing to do with ya'll handing us a whoopin. someone asked a question and I offered my opinion and u don't like it.

Gone Fishing
11-26-2011, 09:21 PM

He also likes defense and Smith is a great OLB and plays full time

Apache91
11-26-2011, 09:25 PM
There is NO DOUBT. The kid is a heck of an athlete.

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Someone got his panties in a wad. Has nothing to do with ya'll handing us a whoopin. someone asked a question and I offered my opinion and u don't like it.

I asked the question and it was not directed to you...just stated your opinion has no facts behind what you said. You really know nothing about what happened...maybe you are used to seeing guys in panties so it might be best to keep that a secret...

HSFB
11-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Think it stems from what the kid did last year.

Well I actually thought of that one but he has met all conditions to get back on the team so that does not make much sense at all in my humble opinion but good feedback. I would think that you would not make decisions based on that to the detriment of the team/team-goals as a whole as it would not be fair to everyone involved. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for these young men and if someone has met conditions to get back on the team then the past is the past and it is time to move on and look forward.

I pretty sure that it has to be an injury that we are just not aware of and I hope he gets close to 100% very soon. He seems to be getting worked in just a little more these last two weeks so maybe he is close.

The best is yet to come and I'm pumped for this final push.

Apache91
11-26-2011, 09:30 PM
I am sorry. I didnt know you owned these threads and i couldn't respond to it. It must have some facts about it, you sure are defensive about it.

Gone Fishing
11-26-2011, 09:30 PM
There is NO DOUBT. The kid is a heck of an athlete.

He also likes defense and Smith is a great OLB and plays full time

What I meant is our coach also likes defense, and Smith plays OLB. full time.

ogg
11-26-2011, 09:35 PM
I will say this, I sure like him playing full time D!!! If he was over on O getting the 15- 20 carries, he would not be getting the full time on D. On the other hand Wilson is getting the 15-20 on O and getting subed much more on D. I don't know the best answer, but I think I like Smith at D more. Thats why the coaches make the big bucks though. LOL The 5 or 6 times he does get it and the 2 or 3 pass plays he gets may be more valuable to the team. Heck I think Blakemore is getting more out of his routes and for sure way more out of his returns by going one way. So, except for Mann who could play three ways and show no difference (LOL) we have the depth on both sides of the ball to keep the "stars" very fresh. Most 3A teams will not have that and if you look at the Ducks, Gz and Sweeny, we wore them out by the end of the third quarter, no matter how good they played us the first half, Again just my opinion.

Now, to sound very wishy washy, Wonder what it would look like if he had 40 carries a game? LOL! (listening to the Devine game, what does Sadler have tonight, 45 carries?)
I agree. Dennis is a damn good wild card to have and plays good D, but,,, if we see a very good D like Coldsping he may get more carries. The opposing D must account for him when he’s on offense.

Apache91
11-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Thank you HSFB. I was just stating my opinion and Tejas doesn't like it. You are lucky you are from Wimberley, if not he would say mean things to you and you won't be able to respond to anything he ever post.

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 09:36 PM
I am sorry. I didnt know you owned these threads and i couldn't respond to it. It must have some facts about it, you sure are defensive about it.

Just tired of individuals like you that want to bring things up like this when you have nothing else to say...and yes..it has everything to do with the loss to Wimberley...

lbjacj
11-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Thank you HSFB. I was just stating my opinion and Tejas doesn't like it. You are lucky you are from Wimberley, if not he would say mean things to you and you won't be able to respond to anything he ever post.

What are you 12?

Gone Fishing
11-26-2011, 09:38 PM
I agree. Dennis is a damn good wild card to have and plays good D, but,,, if we see a very good D like Coldsping he may get more carries. The opposing D must account for him when he’s on offense.

True that ogg

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 09:39 PM
What are you 12?

Mommy let me stay up late tonight and told me what to say.....:wave:

Apache91
11-26-2011, 09:41 PM
How does it have anything to with ya'll beating us? Ya'll were the better team. I have stated that numerous times. I just stated my opinion.

Sportshack
11-26-2011, 09:42 PM

Your response is reasonable. I think you might be right. Trint Wilson has been a gamer since called into full time running duty in 6th game last year. But remember that was due to a broken foot. Other stuff came up in playoffs. I do remember you being the only person to bring up this issue early in thread like there are no kids in Gonzales that have had issues. That might be why he is getting after you. Why go there in 1st place...what is point.

ogg
11-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Mommy let me stay up late tonight and told me what to say.....:wave:

You're mean Tejas.

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 09:43 PM
How does it have anything to with ya'll beating us? Ya'll were the better team. I have stated that numerous times. I just stated my opinion.

Whats facts do you have??? Do you know what happened???

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 09:45 PM
You're mean Tejas.

Sorry Ogg..this stuff just gets old....

Apache91
11-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Oh heck no. Kids do that in Gonzales. Probably more.

ogg
11-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Sorry Ogg..this stuff just gets old....

LOL, hey I think it's funny.

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh heck no. Kids do that in Gonzales. Probably more.

Do what???

rb585
11-26-2011, 09:55 PM

Sorry guys, but I don't disagree with this.

HSFB
11-26-2011, 09:59 PM

Well I actually thought of that one but he has met all conditions to get back on the team so that does not make much sense at all in my humble opinion but good feedback. I would think that you would not make decisions based on that to the detriment of the team/team-goals as a whole as it would not be fair to everyone involved. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for these young men and if someone has met conditions to get back on the team then the past is the past and it is time to move on and look forward.

I pretty sure that it has to be an injury that we are just not aware of and I hope he gets close to 100% very soon. He seems to be getting worked in just a little more these last two weeks so maybe he is close.

The best is yet to come and I'm pumped for this final push.

well could be but, in my opinion, I think not due to the reason that I stated above.

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 09:59 PM

That is fine rb585, but why are we beating a dead horse and allow this to continue....

ogg
11-26-2011, 10:03 PM

I disagree, he had his punishment already. He’s playing and doing well.

lbjacj
11-26-2011, 10:05 PM
That is fine rb585, but why are we beating a dead horse and allow this to continue....

Exactly. That is why I didn't respond to him.

Apache91
11-26-2011, 10:06 PM
It will not be brought up again by me. Good luck against Devine this week.

rb585
11-26-2011, 10:07 PM
I disagree, he had his punishment already. He’s playing and doing well.

Something else happened late this season...

ogg
11-26-2011, 10:09 PM

OK, I'm going to shut up.

lbjacj
11-26-2011, 10:11 PM
ok, i'm going to shut up.
ty!!

Sportshack
11-26-2011, 10:12 PM

Some head buttin BS, but handled. He has played great football last 2 games of regular season and last 3 playoff games. I hope his best game yet is ahead. DECEMBER FOOTBALL BABY!!!!!!!!

catfish
11-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Why doesn't everyone just let Coach Nelms decide when and where to play #5,and try not to second guess him? He is a pretty good coach after all.That is all you would have to say to outsiders,Coach Nelms knows best.

lbjacj
Our neighbor to the west Blanco is leading 14-11 and Lago Vista misses a 24 yd FG to tie in the final min. Not over yet.:wave:

It is final now
Blanco 14 Lago Vista 11

Congrats Panthers and good luck next week!

rb585
OK, I'm going to shut up.

I am too, because I don't know what and I know Nelms handled it. Just saying that TW has been a model citizen for two solid years, so Nelms trusts him.

Tejastrue
11-26-2011, 10:17 PM

Man...that was yourrrr girlfriend....:wave:

SHSBulldog00
11-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Our neighbor to the west Blanco is leading 14-11 and Lago Vista misses a 24 yd FG to tie in the final min. Not over yet.:wave:

It is final now
Blanco 14 Lago Vista 11

Congrats Panthers and good luck next week!

Congrats to the Blanco Panthers!:clap:

Gone Fishing
11-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Why doesn't everyone just let Coach Nelms decide when and where to play #5,and try not to second guess him? He is a pretty good coach after all.That is all you would have to say to outsiders,Coach Nelms knows best.

Exactly catfish. I like him on D just as much anyway. Sweeny 105 yds of total offense and 0 points!!!!

Manso/V8
11-26-2011, 11:33 PM
So far, the coaching staff decisions on how to utilize players seems to be working well.

lbjacj
11-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Here's some highlights from the game. Go to 2:30 min. for Wimberley.

http://austin.ynn.com/content/281679/lake-travis--cedar-park--wimberley--and-regents-advance-in-playoffs?ap=1&MP4

wimbo_pro
11-28-2011, 09:20 PM

Oh come on Catfish...its a forum, a forum for opinions on Texas HS football!! The whole purpose here is to spout your views and opinions openly and without reservation. Is that so wrong? What would be a probelm is if Coach Nelms was bound by our wisdom and recommendations. Since he is not (at least the last time I checked), then speaking our minds and mouthing/spouting our opninions is just that....mouthing and spouting. Chill out! It's all in fun!