PDA

View Full Version : Congrats brownwood!

GrTigers6
11-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Slow start on defense and the a strong finish on defense. But the opposite in the second. Brownwood definetly has figured some things out and may be the one team capable of knocking off Snyder.!
Good luck next and win so I can watch that game against Snyder.

LionFan72
11-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Thanks GT6, it was a hard fought win by the Lions, We jumped out early, and held on! Great defensive effort by both teams in the 2nd half. Was just waiting for the gates to come crashing in. Glen Rose has nothing to be disappointed about, bring the attitude and build that program, see you guys next year!!!!!!

BwdLion_80
11-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Thanks! Hope the young man that was taken off on the gator is going to be OK! It is a shame to see any young athlete go off the field that way. Best of Luck in the Future!

toddg
11-19-2011, 12:46 AM
Slow start on defense and the a strong finish on defense. But the opposite in the second. Brownwood definetly has figured some things out and may be the one team capable of knocking off Snyder.!
Good luck next and win so I can watch that game against Snyder.

how was the match up with the cousins?

LionFan72
11-19-2011, 01:00 AM
It was a cat fight, all claws and knashing teeth!

BEAST
11-19-2011, 01:02 AM
how was the match up with the cousins?

The Brownwood cousin made a couple of catches but the Glen Rose cousin had very good coverage.

BEAST

BEAST
11-19-2011, 01:03 AM
We are FINALLY starting to get this train rolling. We are playing our best football right now. Seem to be getting better every week.

BEAST

Tin Cup
11-19-2011, 01:07 AM
We are FINALLY starting to get this train rolling. We are playing our best football right now. Seem to be getting better every week.

BEAST

Without question. It's almost like we've stopped trying to be perfect and started playing like this is the last game of their senior year.

toddg
11-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Without question. It's almost like we've stopped trying to be perfect and started playing like this is the last game of their senior year.

you can always go back to the wood/southall winged t...i doubt hs defenses would know how to stop it these days.

LH_Tuff
11-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Sounds like Brownwood has their groove on at the right time this year. :clap:

GrTigers6
11-19-2011, 08:34 AM
how was the match up with the cousins?What beast said, it was funny though Westley, my son, guarded Garrett, probably 80 % of the offensive plays. Garrett caught two passes one for two yards and one for 7, I believe, both times 0 yards after the catch. He was targeted several other times but QB didnt throw it do to coverage, QB either had to look elsewhere, or run.
It was a great game by both players,, and teams.
Its funny though, First half 32 points scored, Brownwood 25 , GR 7, then second half 10 points scored. Brownwood 3 GR 7. Both defenses stepped it up. GR had at least 5 or 6 drives to take the lead and the Lions just shut them down. But yall absolutely have to win next week so I can watch you the next week. Have Thanksgiving at Port Aransas next week, Only way I could get out of it was if we won. But it will be fun, Just want to follow my nephew from here on out.
As far as the injured player, Havent heard any word yet, but ankle was either broken or dislocated. Let set it back on the field, but he left for xrays, if I hear anything else I will let yall know. Good luck next week!
Anyone going to andrews today for Monahans vs Estacado?

GrTigers6
11-19-2011, 08:38 AM

BEASTAbsolutely, Yall finally are looking like the team from last year, but more balanced. No stand out athlete just a group of well talented athletes playing together.

GrTigers6
11-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Oh and we had 48 friends and family in attendance. 18 on Brownwood side and 30 on the GR side.

Bosqueville
11-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Oh and we had 48 friends and family in attendance. 18 on Brownwood side and 30 on the GR side.

Wow... That is awesome!! Heard it was well played game with lots of class shown on both sides.

GrTigers6
11-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Wow... That is awesome!! Heard it was well played game with lots of class shown on both sides.Yes it was, I didnt see any extra curicular activities at all, no pushing, shoving, just some typical playful jawing.

LionFan72
11-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Very proud of our Brownwood Lions for making that next step with a big win over a talented and exciting Glen Rose team. Never felt comfortable until that game clock hit 0:00! Congrats to Glen Rose on a great season, and good luck in the future, as I am sure there is a future!

GrTigers6
11-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Very proud of our Brownwood Lions for making that next step with a big win over a talented and exciting Glen Rose team. Never felt comfortable until that game clock hit 0:00! Congrats to Glen Rose on a great season, and good luck in the future, as I am sure there is a future!There will be a future unless uil sticks us in what could be argued as the toughest district in the state with Stephenville, Brownwood, Alvarado , Godley and Venus

bobcat1
11-19-2011, 04:39 PM
There will be a future unless uil sticks us in what could be argued as the toughest district in the state with Stephenville, Brownwood, Alvarado , Godley and VenusAt least Celina won't be in your district.:taunt:

Congrats Brownwood!:2thumbsup Good Season Glen Rose:2thumbsup

Black_Magic
11-19-2011, 08:35 PM
now is about the time for Rocket to come back and talk smack. The greatest of the fair weather fans! will he come back and talk smack this week or next?? any odds?

BEAST
11-19-2011, 11:14 PM
now is about the time for Rocket to come back and talk smack. The greatest of the fair weather fans! will he come back and talk smack this week or next?? any odds?

Not making excuses. But, he is very busy with work. Cut him slack.

BEAST