PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Vs. Gonzales Game Breakdown

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Ok, that was a closer game than the score shows. It was punch-for-punch up till the waning moments of the 2nd quarter when Wimberley scored with no time remaining. The 2nd half began as a slugfest as well, with one notable exception...Gonzales went to an almost exclusive one-dimensional attack plan....run the ball up the middle, almost always by the QB (the same player who was QB, defensive back, kick off returner, punt returner, waterboy, security, etc.). This was effective for a while...that kid is incredible. But if I may state the obvious, you cannot beat a multi-dimensional team with one skill player. The Gonzales O-line was dominant for quite a while, but you cannot expect a quality team to NOT adjust and cut that off.

Thats exactly what the Texans did...they adjusted to stop the one dimension. Who wouldn't? But in the meantime, the multi-dimensional offense of the Texans (hitting on all cylinders) was plainly too much for even the great Gonzales Defense. Stop the run? We pass. Stop the pass? we swing it out to the flats. Stop the short pass? Hand it to our running backs again. Too much for them...I don't think they had seen such an attack, which was brilliantly executed by our QB Brady Lambert. Just too much. By the way, Lambert didn't even take off running once...and he is our biggest threat on offense!

Gonzales is a quality organization...good sportsmanship, great crowd. I say this with respect, but, over all and over time, we just overwhelmed them in every aspect of the game.

pirate4state
11-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Congrats on the win! Next week should be fun if it's against Sweeny. Will be interested to see how they match-up with yall.

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 12:30 AM
Congrats on the win! Next week should be fun if it's against Sweeny. Will be interested to see how they match-up with yall.

I look forward to it...but as far as match-up's and comparisons of stats...Sweeny is NO WHERE NEAR as much of a threat as Gonzales was.

Please re-read what I said before spouting off about me being too cocky..."...as far as match-up's and comparisons of stats" shows it to not even be a close game. But then again...Taylor was even WORSE in the stat comparison, so there ya go!!! We shall see!

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Ok, that was a closer game than the score shows. It was punch-for-punch up till the waning moments of the 2nd quarter when Wimberley scored with no time remaining. The 2nd half began as a slugfest as well, with one notable exception...Gonzales went to an almost exclusive one-dimensional attack plan....run the ball up the middle, almost always by the QB (the same player who was QB, defensive back, kick off returner, punt returner, waterboy, security, etc.). This was effective for a while...that kid is incredible. But if I may state the obvious, you cannot beat a multi-dimensional team with one skill player. The Gonzales O-line was dominant for quite a while, but you cannot expect a quality team to NOT adjust and cut that off.

Thats exactly what the Texans did...they adjusted to stop the one dimension. Who wouldn't? But in the meantime, the multi-dimensional offense of the Texans (hitting on all cylinders) was plainly too much for even the great Gonzales Defense. Stop the run? We pass. Stop the pass? we swing it out to the flats. Stop the short pass? Hand it to our running backs again. Too much for them...I don't think they had seen such an attack, which was brilliantly executed by our QB Brady Lambert. Just too much. By the way, Lambert didn't even take off running once...and he is our biggest threat on offense!

Gonzales is a quality organization...good sportsmanship, great crowd. I say this with respect, but, over all and over time, we just overwhelmed them in every aspect of the game.

Dad gummmit Wimbo...you got it wrong again...Lambert absolutely did run the ball...on one occasion...and did not get far!!! That was a very solid but brief analysis of the game!!! You got skills but I guess 5,300 posts creates a little rhythm...huh? You always had confidence. I initially felt good but started to waiver after all the analyzing. You know your foosball!

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Lambert absolutely did run the ball...on one occasion...and did not get far!!!

Dammit!!!! I forgot that one!!!

LionFan72
11-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Big impressive win for the Texans! They are all tuff after Week 10!

regaleagle
11-19-2011, 01:05 AM
Sounds like Wimberley 'righted' their ship tonite. Getting ready for a deep run, Wimbo? Congrats to the Texans on a very quality win.

DavidWooderson
11-19-2011, 01:11 AM
You did a great breakdown, but What was the score?

Tejastrue
11-19-2011, 01:11 AM
Dammit!!!! I forgot that one!!!

Yeah, you blew it bigtime...:D

Tejastrue
11-19-2011, 01:15 AM

Nice Wimbo...:iagree:

SintonFan
11-19-2011, 01:17 AM
wimpy knows! :D

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 01:20 AM
You did a great breakdown, but What was the score?

40-14

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 01:23 AM
Sounds like Wimberley 'righted' their ship tonite. Getting ready for a deep run, Wimbo? Congrats to the Texans on a very quality win.

We did Regal...but we did more than that. We did what every team MUST DO if they expect to make it to the "Big Show"..we got better this week. We definitely got better this week. And, we actually got better last week too, we just got the bergeebers scared out of us in the process by a team that was very good.

If we "get better" again next week, we will be a force to deal with in the Regional finals.

Tejastrue
11-19-2011, 01:40 AM
We did Regal...but we did more than that. We did what every team MUST DO if they expect to make it to the "Big Show"..we got better this week. We definitely got better this week. And, we actually got better last week too, we just got the bergeebers scared out of us in the process by a team that was very good.

If we "get better" again next week, we will be a force to deal with in the Regional finals.

bergeebers.........Wimbo...I could not find that one in the dictionary...what am I to do...:crying:

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 02:06 AM
bergeebers.........Wimbo...I could not find that one in the dictionary...what am I to do...:crying:

It just keeps getting better and better!!!!! :clap:

zebrablue2
11-19-2011, 02:31 AM
congrats texans!:2thumbsup

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Some good highlights for both squads

http://www.kvue.com/sports/friday-football-fever/Sonic-Blast-Wimberley-vs-Gonzales-134134573.html

rb585
11-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Potential sites for next round?

I assume we'll play on Saturday. I assume Sweeny again. Hoping it's at Victoria rather than Brenham.

catfish
11-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Been reading the board for years,thought I might start contributing.If Sweeny,2 pm Friday,at Victoria Memorial.If Rio Hondo.Corpus

rb585
11-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Been reading the board for years,thought I might start contributing.If Sweeny,2 pm Friday,at Victoria Memorial.If Rio Hondo.Corpus

Excellent, thanks! Surprised either opponent is OK with such a quick turnaround from a Saturday night game to a Friday afternoon game.

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 11:39 AM

Hey Catfish! Welcome to the board. Give us your team...and your picks moving forward!

ogg
11-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Let’s see how close I am, Wimberley playing Sweeny in Brenham on Black Friday.

ogg
11-19-2011, 12:09 PM

Thanks Wimbo, well done. I also think that the Gonzales D may have gotten tried into the second half, bet they inflicted many three and outs this year. Wimberley had them out there a while.

I’m very proud of our boys/coaches for a great game. As the Texans get more players back from injury they improve each day.