PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Seniors

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Brady Lambert, Brennen Blakemore, Trinity Wilson, Nick Alana

Have they made their college choices made public?

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 12:37 AM

Not sure there are any...at least at the D1 level.

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 12:41 AM

I think there might be something forthcoming at smaller level eventually. Blakemore had interest from couple D-1 schools but I am in no way saying he will get offer. However, tonight's game should help if seen. He would not be denied!!!! Dennis Smith will probably get another D-1 offer as he reportedly had several schools courting him. He is a physical specimen.

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 01:02 AM
I think there might be something forthcoming at smaller level eventually. Blakemore had interest from couple D-1 schools but I am in no way saying he will get offer. However, tonight's game should help if seen. He would not be denied!!!! Dennis Smith will probably get another D-1 offer as he reportedly had several schools courting him. He is a physical specimen.

I like Blakemore...and he is a tremendous talent and has a "nose" for the game. But D1 scholarship material? Highly doubtful. Way too small, and not fast enough to be that small and make it to that level. I think he definitely is a D2 prospect...or a very small D1, limited scholarship.

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 01:19 AM
I like Blakemore...and he is a tremendous talent and has a "nose" for the game. But D1 scholarship material? Highly doubtful. Way too small, and not fast enough to be that small and make it to that level. I think he definitely is a D2 prospect...or a very small D1, limited scholarship.

Like I said...not saying anything will come of it but he is getting some interest from D1 school. I agree his measurables create a problem for him and his time out last year hurt too. However, the story goes like this....a recruiter at WhS in spring looking at D-Train when in 7 on 7 type stuff in athletics the recruiter gets to witness Brennen doing one of his ridiculous 1-handed catches in traffic and then scoot to end zone. Per my source...eye witness account...recruiter's cell phone flipped open and a call immediately made. Maybe just embellishment but that is how story went and I trust source. I also heard discussions have continued. However, nothing at all concrete.

You are probably right. Some school would be smart to take the chance as he is very cerebral and is a receiver that understands how to create separation. Definitely a possession type guy. He was a steady 4.5 guy and last spring ran a high 4.4 on max day...who knows how accurate that time was but still...worth a little consideration. and recall...Gonzo seemingly had some speed but he kept managing to run away from them. IN the end....you will probably be proven right.

Tejastrue
11-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Okay..when I first saw this thread I had to think a bit about the title..considering where we live (in senior heaven) and then collected my thoughts toward football and now want to add that another thing Blakemore has in his favor is his vertical leaping ability..wow, can he go up for a ball...IMO he's just as good as that BW guy at UT..just half a foot shorter...:wave:

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 01:50 AM
Okay..when I first saw this thread I had to think a bit about the title..considering where we live (in senior heaven) and then collected my thoughts toward football and now want to add that another thing Blakemore has in his favor is his vertical leaping ability..wow, can he go up for a ball...IMO he's just as good as that BW guy at UT..just half a foot shorter...:wave:

Well....he definitely had an impact on that BW game as a sophomore...in fact folks at UT are talking about a gray shirt for Kevin Vaccaro who was also a sophomore playing in that WHS- BW playoff game as DB. Blakemore had soooooo much more impact in that game than Vacarro on both sides of ball but there you are...He almost picked sixed Shipley as a sophomore. Of course Shipley beat him on 2 jump balls...that half a foot thing!! To be fair, Brownwood had Qb issues that year due to injuries. However, Blakemore had nice sliding interception on defense and his own leaping catch between 2 BW defenders and it was not like whs had prolific Qb although better than BW option. Bw was hell on wheels the next year! Of course WHS was very good as well...they both went out in semi's. Bw likely more potent team. Blakemore missed 8 games his junior year. HOwever, whS played 15 so he got in 7 and absolutely tore it up in playoffs as a 2-way player. Nonetheless, being out hurt as he did not get Austin press.