PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Henderason @

Bruce
11-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Celina and Henderson will play Friday ,7:00 PM at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. Thanks !

marler1972
11-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Not set yet.......

DavidWooderson
11-19-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm pretty sure Bruce would know, he has connections

cowboyandchrist
11-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Celina and Henderson will play Friday ,7:00 PM at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. Thanks !
This will be one of the best games in the state, Celina ground and pound against the fastest team they have faced all year. I say Henderson wins, 35 to 28. Lets go 16 3A get it done.

marler1972
11-19-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm pretty sure Bruce would know, he has connections

So am i i had a text from a coach saying it was not set in stone at that point. It is now set.

12thMan
11-19-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm saying Henderson wins in a close game. They proved they can run the ball when they need to. We all know about the passing game. It will be up to Celina's defense to make stops and get a win.

marler1972
11-19-2011, 10:39 AM
game is at 6 pm

LionFan72
11-19-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm saying Henderson wins in a close game. They proved they can run the ball when they need to. We all know about the passing game. It will be up to Celina's defense to make stops and get a win.

Should be a great game as two proven teams express their will. I have not bought into the East Texas hype this year and think Celina will smash The Henderson Lions. Chapel Hill may be the real deal, but LV showed that they have an achilles heel. Gilmer is obviously a good ball club, but not great! And Carthage is too young, but still well coached, so I am predicting the first to fall this week is Henderson by 7-10 points. Go Bobcats!!

Bruce
11-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Celina vs Henderson @
Celina and Henderson will play Friday ,6:00 PM at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. Thanks !

83Indian
11-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Looks like Henderson is peaking at the right time of year. The Lindale win was impressive. Celina has a similar power run offense like Alvarado so this will be a good indicator of where the remaining teams in Region I and II stand comparatively.

As good as the Henderson run game was against Lindale, I'm giving the edge to Henderson. We know Henderson can pass, but the run will keep the Celina defense in check.

BEAST
11-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Should be a great game as two proven teams express their will. I have not bought into the East Texas hype this year and think Celina will smash The Henderson Lions. Chapel Hill may be the real deal, but LV showed that they have an achilles heel. Gilmer is obviously a good ball club, but not great! And Carthage is too young, but still well coached, so I am predicting the first to fall this week is Henderson by 7-10 points. Go Bobcats!!

I'm with Celina in this one.

BEAST

cowboyandchrist
11-20-2011, 08:10 AM
If Del Barnes is on his game, throwing and running, I think the speed of Henderson will be to much for Celina. I know Celina will be very well coached and the young men will be prepared. I saw Celina play Carthage for the title and the defense was outstanding, but the speed of Carthage(number 22) was to much for them. I think this game will be a lot like that game if Henderson does not turn the ball over. Celina does not make many mistakes. Henderson, no turn overs, they win in a close hard fought game. This may be the most evenly matched weekend of 3A football in a long time. If and I do mean if 16 3A sweeps this weekend it could mean double titles again. God Bless and no injuries.

gatordaze
11-20-2011, 08:20 AM
If Del Barnes is on his game, throwing and running, I think the speed of Henderson will be to much for Celina. I know Celina will be very well coached and the young men will be prepared. I saw Celina play Carthage for the title and the defense was outstanding, but the speed of Carthage(number 22) was to much for them. I think this game will be a lot like that game if Henderson does not turn the ball over. Celina does not make many mistakes. Henderson, no turn overs, they win in a close hard fought game. This may be the most evenly matched weekend of 3A football in a long time. If and I do mean if 16 3A sweeps this weekend it could mean double titles again. God Bless and no injuries.

Celina's 10 fastest are FASTER than Henderson's 10 fastest. Speed will not be the differentiating factor this year. If Henderson plays like they did against Carthage this game will not even be close. 42-14 Celina.

hollywood
11-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Celina's 10 fastest are FASTER than Henderson's 10 fastest. Speed will not be the differentiating factor this year. If Henderson plays like they did against Carthage this game will not even be close. 42-14 Celina.

I agree gatordaze

bigwood33
11-20-2011, 09:30 AM
I think the speed of Henderson will be to much for Celina.
I guess you didn't go to the State Track Meet...Celina is extremely fast.

gatordaze
11-20-2011, 09:33 AM

You have to qualify to go to the State Track Meet ;-)

CHS_89
11-20-2011, 09:47 AM

IF Del Barnes is on his game....IF Henderson does not turn the ball over. Guess what, Celina vs. Carthage was years ago. What are you trying to say?? There is uncertainty in your thoughts...for good reason...

Lions88
11-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Well I gotta go with Henderson in this one. I think we win on a last second TD. One thing that concerns me is the turnovers that we sometimes have. Cant be having these turnovers as you get later and later into the playoffs. It will kill you!

nt7on7
11-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Team A predominately black. Team B predominately white. Team A must be faster. This is the internet logic that so many buy into. Celina has more team speed left than anyone besides WOS. I firmly believe that. When you have a DE that was on the sprint relay and 800 relay that came in third and 2nd in state, then you are going to be pretty fast. Don't assume Celina will be slow because they are white.

And, if that's not what you based your speed assumption on, then what did you base it on? Hunch? Geographical location? People say East Texas teams have so much speed. What they are really trying to say is that East Texas teams have more black kids. They should just come right out and say it.

lostaussie
11-20-2011, 11:30 AM
As Barnes goes, so go the Lions. If you pressure him and get in his face he will fold like a one egg pudding. If he has time to throw he will kill you. I sure wish I could see this one. I think the Bobblecats get it done this week. End of the road for the Lions.

regaleagle
11-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Knowing the Celina M. O. as I do (being from Argyle) I can tell you most assuredly that the Celina coaching staff will have the team totally commited to a game plan that will exploit Henderson's weaknesses on defense and strategies to shut down Barnes and the rb on offense, forcing them into 3rd and longs.

cowboyandchrist
11-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Team A predominately black. Team B predominately white. Team A must be faster. This is the internet logic that so many buy into. Celina has more team speed left than anyone besides WOS. I firmly believe that. When you have a DE that was on the sprint relay and 800 relay that came in third and 2nd in state, then you are going to be pretty fast. Don't assume Celina will be slow because they are white.

And, if that's not what you based your speed assumption on, then what did you base it on? Hunch? Geographical location? People say East Texas teams have so much speed. What they are really trying to say is that East Texas teams have more black kids. They should just come right out and say it.
Your the one that brought it up. Question for you, who was the last white boy or man to win the 100 meters in High school, college, or olympics.

gatordaze
11-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Your the one that brought it up. Question for you, who was the last white boy or man to win the 100 meters in High school, college, or olympics.

Not sure.. does he play for Henderson?

cowboyandchrist
11-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Not sure.. does he play for Henderson?
No he does not, but he don't play for Celina either.

LionFan72
11-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Dude, you really need to pick up a new line, "speed" ain't gonna work for you anymore! And you will find out this weekend that there is a lot of speed in orange and white! The execution and ball control will smash Henderson into fumbling fits! You can't rely on what past teams have done, this is High School, we normally graduate our classes every year, so that kinda changes team dynamics! Get a grip, 16-3A is not the only peeps with fast athletes!

gatordaze
11-20-2011, 12:50 PM
No he does not, but he don't play for Celina either.

I do know who has a state championship in the 4X400 and they play MLB/RB WR/CB, and FS/WR for Celina! 3:15:42 and that aint no Bible verse!

MGAR
11-20-2011, 01:04 PM
I LOL'd when I saw someone pick Celina 42-12..

This speed talk is also funny..

Celina should know first hand that the fastest team isn't always the better team.

I also guess that world class 4x400 relay team speed will come in handy if the plays last longer than 3 minutes.

cowboyandchrist
11-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Dude, you really need to pick up a new line, "speed" ain't gonna work for you anymore! And you will find out this weekend that there is a lot of speed in orange and white! The execution and ball control will smash Henderson into fumbling fits! You can't rely on what past teams have done, this is High School, we normally graduate our classes every year, so that kinda changes team dynamics! Get a grip, 16-3A is not the only peeps with fast athletes!
The speed you refer to has worked good for East Texas the last ten years. State champs 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 08, 09, 10, 10 and maybe in 2011. The trend is bound to stop sometime, I just don't think it will stop this year, we have Chapell Hill, Gilmer, Carthage, and Henderson still in the hunt. Who knows one of these four may get it done. I have always been a Celina fan, just not when you play a team from East Texas. I hate to remind you of this, but that same 4x4 team you speak of got spanked in football last year by a 2a team from you guessed it, East Texas. God Bless and no injuries.

orange machine
11-20-2011, 02:01 PM
We didn't play a team from east Texas other than Paris and we beat them.

OldBison75
11-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Defensively, Celina will have to play outside-in. In other words, if they can get penetration on the edges and force Henderson to the middle, they can control the Henderson running game. If they get that penetration from the edges, they will get some sacks and keep pressure on the Henderson QB.

On offense, Celina has the type attack that will give Henderson fits. They are content to get three yards and a cloud of "turf dust" over and over. Henderson has a tendency to get impatient in these type defensive situations and tries to force something to happen, like cheating up to fill the box. I that happens, Henderson will get beat on some of the few passes Celina will run.

Henderson has to control the game tempo and avoid turnovers to win. Quick sets and snaps will give Celina some problems I believe. On offense the Henderson team has to exploit the edges with bubble screens and zone read running plays. If they get to the edges, they are dangerous and can break one on any lay.

On defense, Henderson has to control the line of scrimmage and force Celina away from the smashmouth running game. The Henderson linebackers will have to play the game of the year for them to shut down the Celina offense.

With all that said, I think the Celina running game will control the clock and limit the Henderson offensive opportunities. With Henderson, I expect that they will get impatient with the offense on the sidelines so much and try to make big plays on every down. If that happens, the turnover bug may come into play.

Just a gut feeling, but I will take Celina by 8.

MGAR
11-20-2011, 02:38 PM
As Barnes goes, so go the Lions. If you pressure him and get in his face he will fold like a one egg pudding. If he has time to throw he will kill you. I sure wish I could see this one. I think the Bobblecats get it done this week. End of the road for the Lions.

That first part is a bit untrue. Barnes might have 200 yards passing in the playoffs but that's because they have found their running game.

368 yards on the ground against Paris.
438 yards on the ground against Lindale.

MGAR
11-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Defensively, Celina will have to play outside-in. In other words, if they can get penetration on the edges and force Henderson to the middle, they can control the Henderson running game. If they get that penetration from the edges, they will get some sacks and keep pressure on the Henderson QB.

On offense, Celina has the type attack that will give Henderson fits. They are content to get three yards and a cloud of "turf dust" over and over. Henderson has a tendency to get impatient in these type defensive situations and tries to force something to happen, like cheating up to fill the box. I that happens, Henderson will get beat on some of the few passes Celina will run.

Henderson has to control the game tempo and avoid turnovers to win. Quick sets and snaps will give Celina some problems I believe. On offense the Henderson team has to exploit the edges with bubble screens and zone read running plays. If they get to the edges, they are dangerous and can break one on any lay.

On defense, Henderson has to control the line of scrimmage and force Celina away from the smashmouth running game. The Henderson linebackers will have to play the game of the year for them to shut down the Celina offense.

With all that said, I think the Celina running game will control the clock and limit the Henderson offensive opportunities. With Henderson, I expect that they will get impatient with the offense on the sidelines so much and try to make big plays on every down. If that happens, the turnover bug may come into play.

Just a gut feeling, but I will take Celina by 8.

I agree with what you say about Celina is the type of team that will give Henderson fits.... See Pine Tree... Henderson gave up 416 yards to them on 73 carries...

OldBison75
11-20-2011, 02:43 PM
MGAR, I assume you meant Henderson and NOT Carthage??????

MGAR
11-20-2011, 02:53 PM
MGAR, I assume you meant Henderson and NOT Carthage??????

Yea, I got so many teams around me in the playoffs I get confused lol.

bobcat1
11-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Should be a heck of a game. I won't make it to the game but I will be listening.

GrTigers6
11-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Technically Celina is in East Texas,:D
I think Celina wins in a close one!

toddg
11-20-2011, 08:59 PM
celina...7 state championships in 16 years..im sure they handled "faster" teams in one or two of those years, they just beat a team with more speed than henderson friday night.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 09:21 PM
celina...7 state championships in 16 years..im sure they handled "faster" teams in one or two of those years, they just beat a team with more speed than henderson friday night.

LL was fast this year? some folks move in?

Matthew328
11-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Celina is plenty fast, make no mistake about it, Henderson will be the fastest team Celina's seen this year though. Should be interesting

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Celina is plenty fast, make no mistake about it, Henderson will be the fastest team Celina's seen this year though. Should be interesting

Speed or not this game will come down to has Henderson figured out their OL/DL issues...yes Celinamight have players that are fastest on the field..but Henderson IMO has more speed 1-22 in their line-up..but if they get beat in the trenches like they have at times the only thing speed will help is getting off the field faster

buckeyebob
11-21-2011, 06:01 AM

Fast Track vs Fast Field...does not compute...Gilmer is a great example...a bunch of slow farm boys get 'er done

buckeyebob
11-21-2011, 06:06 AM

You have no clue...a swarming defense takes the speed just fine...it has nothing to do with race...and East Texas Speed does not mean running in a track meet...it is the cadence of the game...way too fast for you!

buckeyebob
11-21-2011, 06:16 AM
The speed you refer to has worked good for East Texas the last ten years. State champs 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 08, 09, 10, 10 and maybe in 2011. The trend is bound to stop sometime, I just don't think it will stop this year, we have Chapell Hill, Gilmer, Carthage, and Henderson still in the hunt. Who knows one of these four may get it done. I have always been a Celina fan, just not when you play a team from East Texas. I hate to remind you of this, but that same 4x4 team you speak of got spanked in football last year by a 2a team from you guessed it, East Texas. God Bless and no injuries.

Don't forget Bullard...I hate to remind you of this, but that same 4x4 team you speak of got spanked in football last year by a 2a team from you guessed it, East Texas....Uh Oh...the gauntlet has been thrown and the reminder is out...http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-bounce016.gif

buckeyebob
11-21-2011, 06:19 AM

Was that not 2A? How about 3A?

toddg
11-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Was that not 2A? How about 3A?

the 2007 title is their only 3a championship..they won 6 titles in 2a and 1 title in 1a..the last 7 in the past 16 years..they also shared a 1a championship in 1974..making 8 total..more than any other school in texas(11-man football)

Gsquared
11-21-2011, 08:09 AM
I CANNOT wait to see this one!

garciap77
11-21-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm with Celina in this one.

BEAST

Me Too!

marler1972
11-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Me Too!

Me Three

BuckeyeNut
11-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Going with the 2010 D1 State Champs on this one. 42-28

Tin Cup
11-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Celina 31-28

toddg
11-21-2011, 10:14 AM
will not be as high scoring as everyone thinks....
celina 20

henderson 12

BigAl72
11-21-2011, 10:43 AM

District 10-3A needs a little more respect! 4 of the states top Rushers Celina Simmons, Elliott - Van Alstyne Jordan Barnes and Drew Dennis! But it may not be about the Running backs, it could be about the Best Offensive Lineman in the state Celina Raulerson, Lavey and Hambrick Van Alstyne Alex and
Connor Mayes, Manuel Monge! Best District 10-3A Lineman would average 6'5 280 across the front. District 10-3A vs District 16-3A will be some great Football this weekend, I think the State Champions will come out of these matchup's. Celina 38 Henderson 21, Van Alstyne 35 Gilmer 34! What a great way to spend Thanksgiving weekend! Good Luck Gatordaze!

gatordaze
11-21-2011, 11:01 AM
District 10-3A needs a little more respect! 4 of the states top Rushers Celina Simmons, Elliott - Van Alstyne Jordan Barnes and Drew Dennis! But it may not be about the Running backs, it could be about the Best Offensive Lineman in the state Celina Raulerson, Lavey and Hambrick Van Alstyne Alex and
Connor Mayes, Manuel Monge! Best District 10-3A Lineman would average 6'5 280 across the front. District 10-3A vs District 16-3A will be some great Football this weekend, I think the State Champions will come out of these matchup's. Celina 38 Henderson 21, Van Alstyne 35 Gilmer 34! What a great way to spend Thanksgiving weekend! Good Luck Gatordaze!

You too! Imagine if Roos would have been able to stay healthy. VA has the best rushing o-line in the playoffs. Tell JBarnes to fall down after 10 yards so that you guys can control the clock. No quick scores will keep the ETS off the field!

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2011, 11:08 AM

I am pulling for the VA guys. That running back is something to watch. reads his blocks as good as anyone I have ever seen and is hard to tackle. He had to work against Celina but that was because we always had people flying to him. If he gets space he can run. I do not know about henderson well enough to guess. My only reference point is Paris. Henderson 55-17 us 42-21. Against us they scored late against 2's and 3's but only one td on 1's. I do not know how the henderson team game compares but it would look like Henderson gets up on you fast and puts you out of your game plan. If we start well and play d then we can play to our strengths and frustrate them. I do think it will be a good game.

regaleagle
11-21-2011, 11:31 AM
I have watched full game film of Carthage and Gilmer vs. Henderson. All three teams would be hitching up their giddy-up trying to stay with this Celina team. They will have a rude awakening come Friday, unless they have changed things drastically in the last month. Barnes will get his yards, but not near enough for the win. Big plays offensively will be Hendeson's best shot, but that Celina secondary and backers will keep them in check. Celina by 14.

regaleagle
11-21-2011, 11:37 AM
And I spelled it "HENDESON" cuz that's the way they say it in East Texas, no disrespect intended.

hollywood
11-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Going with the 2010 D1 State Champs on this one. 42-28

:smoker:

hollywood
11-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Celina by 14+

35-21 type of score

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Curious if the Henderson QB has fumbled alot this year? I did watch that Gilmer game (only game I seen him play), and he appeared to fumble easy, and not with contact. He wave the ball out routinely, or has he secured it better since that game? Could be an issue in this game.

gatordaze
11-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Curious if the Henderson QB has fumbled alot this year? I did watch that Gilmer game (only game I seen him play), and he appeared to fumble easy, and not with contact. He wave the ball out routinely, or has he secured it better since that game? Could be an issue in this game.

Same could be said for the snap. We have been pretty good this year at rattling the undersized centers and causing them to roll a few back. Henderson's center looks to be around 5'9 210 or so.

YTBulldogs
11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Same could be said for the snap. We have been pretty good this year at rattling the undersized centers and causing them to roll a few back. Henderson's center looks to be around 5'9 210 or so.

Yes, several of those snaps in Gilmer game, had the QB dropping down to receive it.

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2011, 12:34 PM

Yeah that was my take on their center. I would guess that this group has never seen the type of defense we play since no one else really plays it. And it is not something you can see on film. I think this is the biggest advantage Celina has. Their O can be simulated somewhat but not our D. Not the way we play it.

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2011, 01:42 PM
One observation from the film I have seen. it appears that Hendersons run defense is suspect to a power running game. The way to beat them is to line up and smash them then when they stack the box throw on em. But you grind them up keep the O off the field.

jason
11-21-2011, 01:45 PM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5082/20111121130812.jpg

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah basically a toss up. that is my feeling as well. but hinges on one thiing really. Can the Celina D get in their heads. If they can and it gives us field position then we can control the game.

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah basically a toss up. that is my feeling as well. but hinges on one thiing really. Can the Celina D get in their heads. If they can and it gives us field position then we can control the game.

I dont think Celina's D will get in their head

BILLYFRED0000
11-21-2011, 04:22 PM
I dont think Celina's D will get in their head

Another way to put it. The pressure attack gap control is unusual and fast. All it has to do is create timing disconnects. Henderson is prone to mistakes and this can add to it. If they make mistakes because of that then the D is in their head. I believe the speed of our d and the type of d we run makes this possible.

CHS_89
11-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Another way to put it. The pressure attack gap control is unusual and fast. All it has to do is create timing disconnects. Henderson is prone to mistakes and this can add to it. If they make mistakes because of that then the D is in their head. I believe the speed of our d and the type of d we run makes this possible.

Agree 100%...#55 is going to have a field day. Henderson, keep your heads on a swivel.

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 04:40 PM
I actually think Celina would be better off seeing if they can get pressure without sending blitzes...Barnes is that type of QB you almost prefer him in the pocket instead out on the edge with ran/pass option for him.

CHS_89
11-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I actually think Celina would be better off seeing if they can get pressure without sending blitzes...Barnes is that type of QB you almost prefer him in the pocket instead out on the edge with ran/pass option for him.

I agree...Looks to me like Henderson attacks the outside edge a LOT. Likely plays into their speed scheme and getting one on one situations. This film was about a month ago. Who knows, they may have changed offensive formation by now for all I know. I do feel Celina's O-line will wear the defense down...I see a few players going both ways on O and D for Henderson. Will be a great game!

MoveInDad
11-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Watching the Gilmer v Henderson film, it didn't appear he ran at all, though I might have missed one... perhaps he's been running more since this game and that's been attributing to the increase in rushing yards of late... he certainly looks capable of running.

bobcat4life
11-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Watching the Gilmer v Henderson film, it didn't appear he ran at all, though I might have missed one... perhaps he's been running more since this game and that's been attributing to the increase in rushing yards of late... he certainly looks capable of running.
He has 24 carries for 185 yards on the year
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/henderson-lions-(henderson,tx)/football/stats.htm

bobcat1
11-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Seems like when Gilmer got up things got a little chippy in the film. Intensity and execution on both sides of the ball is what Celina needs this week. Henderson looks like they pursue good to the edge. It also looks like pressure forces bad throwing decisions and loose ball security resulting in turnover opportunities. I hope for a great game with no injuries and fair officiating for both sides. That way there will be no doubt who the better team was that day.

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Barnes can run...and I know Henderson coaching staff wanted him to open that facet of his game in the play offs of his 24 rushes 8 have come in the play offs.

alaskacat
11-21-2011, 09:03 PM
IF Del Barnes is on his game....IF Henderson does not turn the ball over. Guess what, Celina vs. Carthage was years ago. What are you trying to say?? There is uncertainty in your thoughts...for good reason...

I don't think Henderson has the 2nd coming of Tony Dorsett like Carthage did either. That is all that cost Celina then...that dude just ran over people.

alaskacat
11-21-2011, 09:18 PM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5082/20111121130812.jpg

that same thing had Celina loosing last week also

Daddy D 11
11-21-2011, 11:10 PM
damn i'd like to make this one

Leopard4Life
11-21-2011, 11:21 PM
that same thing had Celina loosing last week also

Massey had Celina winning last week.

Celina 42 - Lovejoy 20

12thMan
11-22-2011, 06:38 AM
I'll comment on the speed issue! You can leave all the 100m times at the house when it comes to playing football. Although speed can make your team that more dangerous, running from point a to point b is different than reading a defense or offense and putting your nose on the ball. If you can get one of your speedsters in open space, then you can use it to your advantage. Thats what Henderson does so well! Their offense allows their speedy receivers to get open and move down the field.

Sounds like Celina has a bad taste in their mouth when you bring up East Texas speed. Lindale had some big boys and Henderson's "little" o-line still managed to rack up some impressive rushing numbers so it's not all about speed.

Let's see if Celina can bring the success they had in track to the football field! It will be hard to matchup against Henderson's spread formation.

Lets remember....this is a football game, not a track meet!!

RPF2666
11-22-2011, 07:17 AM
I'll comment on the speed issue! You can leave all the 100m times at the house when it comes to playing football. Although speed can make your team that more dangerous, running from point a to point b is different than reading a defense or offense and putting your nose on the ball. If you can get one of your speedsters in open space, then you can use it to your advantage. Thats what Henderson does so well! Their offense allows their speedy receivers to get open and move down the field.

Sounds like Celina has a bad taste in their mouth when you bring up East Texas speed. Lindale had some big boys and Henderson's "little" o-line still managed to rack up some impressive rushing numbers so it's not all about speed.

Let's see if Celina can bring the success they had in track to the football field! It will be hard to matchup against Henderson's spread formation.

...And let's remember, it wasn't (and never is) Celina bringing up 'East Texas Speed'! For a change, we can argue that speed may not be as big an issues as East Texas folks want
to make it, and we WILL argue if provoked :)! By the way, we know a thing or two about football, to go along with our extensive track history...

OldNavy
11-22-2011, 07:26 AM

Well, there you go Celina, this is football and not a track meet! Try and remember to play football an not just run from point a to b. Good tip. I bet the coaches will use that. They may even wear football shoes and pads instead of track shoes and shorts. But, you never know about Celina. They may just make it a track meet.:crazy:

Gsquared
11-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Im trying to find an orange afro to wear Friday.

BILLYFRED0000
11-22-2011, 07:59 AM

I always thought that east texas was the ones that got track fields confused with football fields. Not Celina..... Sheesh.

toddg
11-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Well, there you go Celina, this is football and not a track meet! Try and remember to play football an not just run from point a to b. Good tip. I bet the coaches will use that. They may even wear football shoes and pads instead of track shoes and shorts. But, you never know about Celina. They may just make it a track meet.:crazy:

yeah..i think celina knows a thing or two about football and how to win big games...but it wont be easy going against the tradition rich powerhouse program that is henderson....good luck!

12thMan
11-22-2011, 09:59 AM
...And let's remember, it wasn't (and never is) Celina bringing up 'East Texas Speed'! For a change, we can argue that speed may not be as big an issues as East Texas folks want
to make it, and we WILL argue if provoked :)! By the way, we know a thing or two about football, to go along with our extensive track history...

The past won't help what goes on Friday night. I know your history in football...and it's impressive. Right now....whats more impressive is the Lion's offense verses your defense. I'm not saying it will be a cake walk, but Henderson will turn on the jets (oops...did I say that) for some big plays and pull out a win.

12thMan
11-22-2011, 10:09 AM

You forgot one, football speed is different than track speed! Since someone on the first two pages brought up Celina at the state track meet, I thought I would put my two cents in. Lets see how "FAST" Celina's defense can make the correct reads react to Henderson's offense. If Celina can, they will win. If they can't, they will be toast!!

BuckeyeNut
11-22-2011, 10:13 AM
East Texas is all about Football speed. Going form 0-60 in .2 sec three or four times in one running play is what type of football we play here.

MoveInDad
11-22-2011, 11:07 AM
You forgot one, football speed is different than track speed! Since someone on the first two pages brought up Celina at the state track meet, I thought I would put my two cents in. Lets see how "FAST" Celina's defense can make the correct reads react to Henderson's offense. If Celina can, they will win. If they can't, they will be toast!!
I believe the only reason a reference was made to Celina's track speed, was to counter, in a quantifiable way, that Celina isn't slow just because they aren't East Texans... it should go without saying they know how to incorporate that into football.

RPF2666
11-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Right. Celina would rather talk football then track!

bobcat1
11-22-2011, 07:19 PM
yeah..i think celina knows a thing or two about football and how to win big games...but it wont be easy going against the tradition rich powerhouse program that is henderson....good luck! Oh okay Maybe you can show Celina how to be tradtion rich and a powerhouse and all that stuff cause it is evident they don't have any of that going on, right.:thumbsup::rolleyes:

bobcat1
11-22-2011, 07:22 PM
You forgot one, football speed is different than track speed! Since someone on the first two pages brought up Celina at the state track meet, I thought I would put my two cents in. Lets see how "FAST" Celina's defense can make the correct reads react to Henderson's offense. If Celina can, they will win. If they can't, they will be toast!!One word in this I like, react. Trust your reads and React quickly.

Buckeye80
11-22-2011, 08:53 PM
I believe the only reason a reference was made to Celina's track speed, was to counter, in a quantifiable way, that Celina isn't slow just because they aren't East Texans... it should go without saying they know how to incorporate that into football.

And what part of the state would you say Celina is in then??? Y'all are East Texans. And you will be assimilated as such. Drink the kool aid child.....drink it.:)

garciap77
11-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Im trying to find an orange afro to wear Friday.

PM me you address and I'll send you this one. http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/product-enlarged.jpg I stole it from bobcatbenny, before he got banned!:D

garciap77
11-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Oh okay Maybe you can show Celina how to be tradtion rich and a powerhouse and all that stuff cause it is evident they don't have any of that going on, right.:thumbsup::rolleyes:

Well.....according to ROCKET.......NM :D

LLFan
11-22-2011, 11:27 PM
After seeing Celina play Lovejoy last week, either LJ is better than anticipated or Celina is not as good as the talk. The freshman QB was the only player that stood out. If Henderson has anything at all they should win. If it comes down to coaching though, Celina may take it, that's was their biggest advantage last week.

garciap77
11-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Oh okay Maybe you can show Celina how to be tradtion rich and a powerhouse and all that stuff cause it is evident they don't have any of that going on, right.:thumbsup::rolleyes:

Maybe this will help!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_072.jpg

toddg
11-23-2011, 05:08 AM

i was obviously being sarcastic...!! Bobcat1..take a gander at henderson's football history, and you would know that:wave:

buckeyebob
11-23-2011, 05:37 AM
yeah..i think celina knows a thing or two about football and how to win big games...but it wont be easy going against the tradition rich powerhouse program that is henderson....good luck!

& they learned how to "win the big games" when?...all this time I thought...MY BAD!

OldNavy
11-23-2011, 06:59 AM
PM me you address and I'll send you this one. http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/product-enlarged.jpg I stole it from bobcatbenny, before he got banned!:D

That is a thing of BEAUTY! Are you sure that's not natural? How could a wig look that good? If that is a wig, I wonder where Benny got that. It must have cost a fortune.

You could be in trouble for grand theft!:tisk:

garciap77
11-23-2011, 08:23 AM
That is a thing of BEAUTY! Are you sure that's not natural? How could a wig look that good? If that is a wig, I wonder where Benny got that. It must have cost a fortune.

You could be in trouble for grand theft!:tisk:

I work for the GOV, so it's OK!:D

OldNavy
11-23-2011, 08:36 AM
I work for the GOV, so it's OK!:D

Are you on his campaign staff? And to keep this sports related, who is he picking in the playoffs?

BILLYFRED0000
11-23-2011, 08:55 AM
In response to LLfan about how good or bad we are.

This is an astute comment. It comes down to the fact that we played without our best running back and Lovejoy matches up with us well. Also if you were at the game you know that we started the game off poorly giving LL great field position. they scored 10 points before we got going. After that they only scored 7 after that. Basically the game was 37 to 7 from there on out. The game looked close because of the field position issues created early but after that when we gained a little field position they could not keep up.

gatordaze
11-23-2011, 09:17 AM
After seeing Celina play Lovejoy last week, either LJ is better than anticipated or Celina is not as good as the talk. The freshman QB was the only player that stood out. If Henderson has anything at all they should win. If it comes down to coaching though, Celina may take it, that's was their biggest advantage last week.

LL was an average team by Celina's season averages and they beat them in the average way they have beaten LL's peers like Anna, Lake Worth, Bonham, Commerce etc. Celina averaged 41.7 points per game and scored 37 on LL. Celina gave up an average of 15.6 ppg and gave up 17 to LL. Pretty typical game that did not effect the averages much. Where Celina did dominate LL was against the run. LL was the 4th best 3A running team in the metroplex averaging 255 yards per game. Against Celina they only could muster 61 yards on the ground. I would say that LL had no answer for the Celina D.

LL is the one that is average!

MGAR
11-23-2011, 09:34 AM

lol...

They actually put the 7on7 up?

gatordaze
11-23-2011, 09:52 AM
lol...

Not up to date though... Another SC in 09

turbostud
11-23-2011, 09:53 AM
lol...

Come on, band kids get letter jackets these days. cheerleaders too. At least 7 on 7 is athletically inclined.

MGAR
11-23-2011, 09:54 AM

Well yea..

Gotta order some summer basketball league banners now.

oldtownag
11-23-2011, 09:59 AM

You must be talking 7 on 7!

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2011, 10:01 AM
I have no problem with 7 on 7 being included.it is kids from the program playing for the town

gatordaze
11-23-2011, 11:54 AM
You must be talking 7 on 7!

yup, we all know you won the real football sc in 09

MoveInDad
11-23-2011, 12:21 PM
lol...

It's also missing the 3A State Championship in 07, and 3A State Runner Up in 08... I think the newer sign also mentions the Sate record 68 game winning streak.

CHS_89
11-23-2011, 01:14 PM

Celina has other players that on offense that will "stand out". Besides, the freshman QB didn't need much help going for 305 total yards and accounting for 5 touchdowns. I would say it is going to take much more effort from Henderson than just "anyone" and we all know Henderson has that going for them. They are very good and I cannot wait to see how our Defense matches up. I believe, along with others, that our offensive line will match up well against the Henderson defense. Cannot wait to see this game!!

Leopard4Life
11-23-2011, 01:22 PM

There safety was a game changer. His first pick saved them from being down 16/17-0. Celina turned that turn over into 7, making it 10-7. His last pick, which sure looked like pass interference, swung the game. Lovejoy had pulled within 7 and was driving. What could have tied the game up ended up with LL being down 14.

RPF2666
11-23-2011, 01:42 PM
There safety was a game changer. His first pick saved them from being down 16/17-0. Celina turned that turn over into 7, making it 10-7. His last pick, which sure looked like pass interference, swung the game. Lovejoy had pulled within 7 and was driving. What could have tied the game up ended up with LL being down 14.

It may have looked like pass interference from your seat but it was clean from our side! Trust me.

RPF2666
11-23-2011, 01:50 PM

And... pass interference was the pick plays LL was running when they got their late TD's, which didn't get called.

garciap77
11-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Are you on his campaign staff? And to keep this sports related, who is he picking in the playoffs?

Yes, I'm in Rick Perry's campaign staff and he is going with Henderson! I taking the Celina Bobcats!:D

garciap77
11-23-2011, 02:04 PM

lol...

WOW!!!! Now ROCKET is going to call you(Celina Fans) out on that one!:D

garciap77
11-23-2011, 02:07 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/beat_a_dead_horse_2-1.gif

BILLYFRED0000
11-23-2011, 02:19 PM

He is pretty good. Good run support too. And the illegal picks being run on that td drive were not. Ref's let it happen 3 times.
Coach was flaming on the sidelines. It was obvious. even more so on film.

MoveInDad
11-23-2011, 02:26 PM
More accurately, he IS a game changer, and will have a big impact on this game, perhaps on both sides of he ball. Just wish he could find a way to put some more meat on his bones, I cringe a bit when he delivers his hits ;0)

Leopard4Life
11-23-2011, 03:13 PM
And... pass interference was the pick plays LL was running when they got their late TD's, which didn't get called.

Maybe they will getting ready for basketball by setting picks.

RPF2666
11-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Maybe they will getting ready for basketball by setting picks.

They are gonna be good at basketball, then!

No wait, kids at big schools don't play multiple sports, so I'm pretty sure they were
football picks! :)

bobcat1
11-23-2011, 07:06 PM
PM me you address and I'll send you this one. http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/product-enlarged.jpg I stole it from bobcatbenny, before he got banned!:DRocket would look good in that. Hint Hint.;)

garciap77
11-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Rocket would look good in that. Hint Hint.;)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hmm.gif:D

WildTexan972
11-25-2011, 02:11 PM
home/visitors in this game?

CelinaCatFan
11-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Not sure. Getting ready to head out soon!

OldNavy
11-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Celina is the home team tonight. Good luck and be safe everyone.

LionFan72
11-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Go gettem Bobcats, drive the ball down their throats. Good Luck and protect that ball!!!!

gomeangreen
11-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Bobcats down by 14

alaskacat
11-25-2011, 08:00 PM
28-0 at half time.,.,it is really ugly with all the penalties

12thMan
11-25-2011, 11:47 PM
The past won't help what goes on Friday night. I know your history in football...and it's impressive. Right now....whats more impressive is the Lion's offense verses your defense. I'm not saying it will be a cake walk, but Henderson will turn on the jets (oops...did I say that) for some big plays and pull out a win.

Looks like Henderson was the better, faster team tonight. That Celina defense couldn't stop the lions. Henderson played lights out and will be ready next week.

buckeyebob
11-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Go gettem Bobcats, drive the ball down their throats. Good Luck and protect that ball!!!!

Perhaps next time...it is that East Texas Speed Thingey.